sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Term 51: January - April 2019


Term 51: January - April 2019 Term Fifty-One: Don't Feed the Furries (Sept 2097 - June 2098)

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2018, 11:40 AM
DaniDiNardo DaniDiNardo is offline
 
Default Great Lake


Located just south of the castle is a large body of water known as the Great Lake or the Black Lake. This is where the first years encounter the school for the first time when the Groundskeeper takes them there by boat. After seven years they will leave the castle, their individual house and their home behind as they sail back across the Great Lake to embark on new adventures.

If you decide to dip your toes in the water, be careful of the many magical creatures inhibiting the lake that might mistake a little student’s toe for a tasty treat. For in the Great Lake lives everything from merpeople to grindylows. Bartholomew Henry, the Giant Squid, however is not interested in nibbling on toes, but would much rather have someone tickle his tentacles while he soaks up some sun.

Why don’t you follow his lead and do the same? Do some homework in the sun heated grass, take that well deserved nap before Ancient Runes or catch up on that reading. Enjoy your time at the Great Lake!
Old 01-16-2019, 05:51 PM   #2 (permalink)


DMAC & DMC
Mooncalf
 
Wood'sLittleFlower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beacon Hills
Posts: 7,817

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Delilah Biala
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Dieter Kareless
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Ennis Macnair
Magical Creatures
Default Astronomy mini activity :3
Ern's Walmart Greeter

Chatter.

Chatter chatter.

Okay. Reminder: never leave warm spaces without checking the warming charm on your robes first. Eamon's teeth chattered the whole way to the edge of the lake. He tucked his arms in tight in an effort to help keep in some warmth but it didn't do much good. The seventh year squinted in the dim light, folding forward to get a better look at the rock selection. Now. What kind did he need? Pointy? Flat? Round? Maaaaaybe he ought to bring one of each. Just to be safe.

He wandered this way..

And that way...

Closer....

and then further away from the lake.

And now his robe was weighing him down, four rocks in each pocket. Eight wonderful rocks in varying colors and types, at lease two of which happened to be flat, thank merlin. Now was that it? Was that all he needed? .... no. Professor Kennedy said he'd need something else but he had been too busy squinting down the lake and trying to pick out merpeople playing on the surface.
__________________


_______Why has life become a plan to put some money in my hand when the love I really need is stupid cheap
___________________________________What if all the things I've done were just attempts at earning love
_______________________________________________'Cause the hole inside my heart is stupid deep
Wood'sLittleFlower is offline  
Old 01-16-2019, 10:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW Mod


DMLE & DoM
Norwegian Ridgeback
 
Felixir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż
Posts: 46,035

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kaiser
Fifth Year
x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Jake Upstead
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Jasper Beaufort
Mysteries
Default Astronomy
tag yourself i'm felix | daxton prince was here | schrödinger's tag

As the Lake was closest to the makeshift class area, Abra decided to head there first. Here was where he was likely to find a nice flat stone; he often saw other kids skimming them across the surface of the lake, so he knew they were here somewhere.

... Unless they'd all been skimmed into the lake. In which case... uh... Hm. That would be inconvenient.

Well, if that was the case, he couldn't change that, so all Abra could really do was look. The sun was going down, but it was still perfectly bright enough outside to see - which was good, because otherwise he would not have been this close to the lake, okay - so all Abra did was wander around with his eyes directed downwards.

Being one of the first to come searching this way was apparently a massive advantage, because Abra found what he was looking for almost straight away. Sure, there was a bit of dithering, a little humming and hawing over a few different stones that might have done the trick (not that he knew exactly how they would be used, but you know), but then Abra glanced around one last time and saw it. A decent sized flat rock. Stooping, he picked it up and shifted it from hand to hand, mulling it over as though he knew what he was doing. In the end, he gave a determined nod, slipped the heavy rock into the pocket of his robes, and headed in the direction of the pathways to look for sundial component number two.
__________________
Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes ~ Grab Bag Challenge ~ Ficlets ~ Drabbles ~ My Characters.

May I never be _C O M P L E T E._ May I never be _C O N T E N T._ May I never be _P E R F E C T.

Last edited by Felixir; 01-16-2019 at 11:02 PM.
Felixir is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 07:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

Occamy
 
Waterloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London
Posts: 62,990

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitchell Barlow
Graduated

x1
Default Astronomy!
connoisseur of comfort ❅ Crayola's Wibby Mrs Alex Turner ❅ Netflix and meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lislchen View Post
"...materials. We need to find a stone and a stick."

Cameron was being helpful, seeing as Max looked EXTREMELY lost. He wasn't really aware of why his friend had been distracted but the look on his face was unmistakably one of confusion. Not that this kind of activity was particularly challenging right now. A stone and a stick. That should be easy enough to find, yeah? They WERE outside after all.

Now, off to find a stick.
"Oh, yeah. Totally. I know that," Max lied so that he didn't look even more of an idiot. Natalie had done a good enough job at that all by herself, hmph. But this totally explained why he'd seen some people going off closer towards the lake. Made complete sense now.

"C'mon, I know for sure there's flat rocks over here,"
he said, giving Cam's arm a quick tug in the direction of the banks of the water. "I throw rocks in here sometimes. I've seen a ton of flat ones." Hopefully flat ones that'd be big enough for a sundial, but if not, they'd just have tiny sundials.
__________________
Waterloo is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 07:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod
Newbie Mod


DERP
Dwarf
 
Lislchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Vienna [GMT+1]
Posts: 34,907

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anahera Webb
Sixth Year
x3 x2

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection
Default
The Kisapaths | Sila!Roti | -2 | TouchableHair | ToiletPaperGuy | QueenOfConfusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterloo View Post
"Oh, yeah. Totally. I know that," Max lied so that he didn't look even more of an idiot. Natalie had done a good enough job at that all by herself, hmph. But this totally explained why he'd seen some people going off closer towards the lake. Made complete sense now.

"C'mon, I know for sure there's flat rocks over here,"
he said, giving Cam's arm a quick tug in the direction of the banks of the water. "I throw rocks in here sometimes. I've seen a ton of flat ones." Hopefully flat ones that'd be big enough for a sundial, but if not, they'd just have tiny sundials.
Oookay. Max knew that. Of course.

”Yeah? You do?” Cam sounded somewhat surprised at that revelation. Somehow Max didn’t seem like the type to spend a lot of his time throwing rocks into the lake. Interesting. ”Are you good at it?” Ironically, despite playing Quidditch and going camping with his family occasionally, Cameron did not know how to throw rocks into the lake the right way.

The right way for them to bounce off the surface, that is.

Once at the lake, Cam picked up the first rock he could find and held it up. ”This one?”
__________________
I could show you what you wanna see and take you where you wanna be
You could be my luck, even if the sky is falling down, I know that we'll be safe and sound


[Dares]______[Yearbook]______[DERP]______[Queenie]
Lislchen is online now  
Old 01-17-2019, 08:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

Occamy
 
Waterloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London
Posts: 62,990

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitchell Barlow
Graduated

x1
Default
connoisseur of comfort ❅ Crayola's Wibby Mrs Alex Turner ❅ Netflix and meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lislchen View Post
Oookay. Max knew that. Of course.

”Yeah? You do?” Cam sounded somewhat surprised at that revelation. Somehow Max didn’t seem like the type to spend a lot of his time throwing rocks into the lake. Interesting. ”Are you good at it?” Ironically, despite playing Quidditch and going camping with his family occasionally, Cameron did not know how to throw rocks into the lake the right way.

The right way for them to bounce off the surface, that is.

Once at the lake, Cam picked up the first rock he could find and held it up. ”This one?”

Max simply nodded, and this time, he was honest.

"Not really. I'm pretty awful at it actually."
He'd seen other people do the whole skimming thing and when he did it they just kind of ...... plopped. He'd never been able to get a good skimmer.

He moved closer to get a better look at the rock Cam had picked up and shrugged his shoulders. "A rock's a rock. I guess it'll do. As long as it's kinda..... flat-ish, I suppose."

Ooooh, like that one!

Max kicked a few stones aside and bent to pick up his find. It was somewhat flat... a little small perhaps, but it'd do!

Were there sticks around here, too?
__________________
Waterloo is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 08:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod
Newbie Mod


DERP
Dwarf
 
Lislchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Vienna [GMT+1]
Posts: 34,907

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anahera Webb
Sixth Year
x3 x2

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection
Default
The Kisapaths | Sila!Roti | -2 | TouchableHair | ToiletPaperGuy | QueenOfConfusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterloo View Post

Max simply nodded, and this time, he was honest.

"Not really. I'm pretty awful at it actually."
He'd seen other people do the whole skimming thing and when he did it they just kind of ...... plopped. He'd never been able to get a good skimmer.

He moved closer to get a better look at the rock Cam had picked up and shrugged his shoulders. "A rock's a rock. I guess it'll do. As long as it's kinda..... flat-ish, I suppose."

Ooooh, like that one!

Max kicked a few stones aside and bent to pick up his find. It was somewhat flat... a little small perhaps, but it'd do!

Were there sticks around here, too?
"Oh."

Aw, that was quite unfortunate. Cam had hoped that Max could maybe teach him how the skimming rocks thing worked. It SEEMED so easy. All you really had to know was how to get the right angle. Physics. But knowing what the right angle WAS and being able to throw it just like that had, so far, turned out to be two very different things.

Back to their rocks for the sundial, though.

He turned the rock over in his hand and tilted his head a little. "Yeah, I think that'll do." It WAS kind of flat-ish. While Max picked out his own rock, Cam looked around and kicked at a few leaves, in search for some sticks for them. "Do you think we can use this?" He asked eventually, picking up an entire branch that had apparently fallen off a nearby tree.

They could work with that, yeah?
__________________
I could show you what you wanna see and take you where you wanna be
You could be my luck, even if the sky is falling down, I know that we'll be safe and sound


[Dares]______[Yearbook]______[DERP]______[Queenie]
Lislchen is online now  
Old 01-17-2019, 09:03 PM   #8 (permalink)

Occamy
 
Waterloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London
Posts: 62,990

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitchell Barlow
Graduated

x1
Default
connoisseur of comfort ❅ Crayola's Wibby Mrs Alex Turner ❅ Netflix and meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lislchen View Post
"Oh."

Aw, that was quite unfortunate. Cam had hoped that Max could maybe teach him how the skimming rocks thing worked. It SEEMED so easy. All you really had to know was how to get the right angle. Physics. But knowing what the right angle WAS and being able to throw it just like that had, so far, turned out to be two very different things.

Back to their rocks for the sundial, though.

He turned the rock over in his hand and tilted his head a little. "Yeah, I think that'll do." It WAS kind of flat-ish. While Max picked out his own rock, Cam looked around and kicked at a few leaves, in search for some sticks for them. "Do you think we can use this?" He asked eventually, picking up an entire branch that had apparently fallen off a nearby tree.

They could work with that, yeah?

Sorry to disappoint, Cam. No stone skimming for this pair of Slytherins.

While he was busy looking for one single, lousy stick, Cameron only went and found what looked like half a freakin' tree. "Uhhhhhh. I think Professor Kennedy said we need sticks, not an entire branch."

Would a whole branch like that even work for a sundial?

"I guess we can just like.... snap some twigs off of that though?" That would be okay, right?
__________________
Waterloo is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 09:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod
Newbie Mod


DERP
Dwarf
 
Lislchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Vienna [GMT+1]
Posts: 34,907

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anahera Webb
Sixth Year
x3 x2

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection
Default
The Kisapaths | Sila!Roti | -2 | TouchableHair | ToiletPaperGuy | QueenOfConfusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterloo View Post

Sorry to disappoint, Cam. No stone skimming for this pair of Slytherins.

While he was busy looking for one single, lousy stick, Cameron only went and found what looked like half a freakin' tree. "Uhhhhhh. I think Professor Kennedy said we need sticks, not an entire branch."

Would a whole branch like that even work for a sundial?

"I guess we can just like.... snap some twigs off of that though?" That would be okay, right?
Branch.

Twig.

Same thing.

He put the stone into his pocket to be able to hold up the branch with both hands. Much strength Cameron had. Such wow. Playing Quidditch paid off, clearly. "Yeah, that's what I thought." OBVIOUSLY he wasn't going to stick that whole branch to the small rock he'd just collected.

"Do you want to snap them off? Or cut them off?" Wands, they had them after all.
__________________
I could show you what you wanna see and take you where you wanna be
You could be my luck, even if the sky is falling down, I know that we'll be safe and sound


[Dares]______[Yearbook]______[DERP]______[Queenie]
Lislchen is online now  
Old 01-17-2019, 09:19 PM   #10 (permalink)

Occamy
 
Waterloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London
Posts: 62,990

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitchell Barlow
Graduated

x1
Default
connoisseur of comfort ❅ Crayola's Wibby Mrs Alex Turner ❅ Netflix and meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lislchen View Post
Branch.

Twig.

Same thing.

He put the stone into his pocket to be able to hold up the branch with both hands. Much strength Cameron had. Such wow. Playing Quidditch paid off, clearly. "Yeah, that's what I thought." OBVIOUSLY he wasn't going to stick that whole branch to the small rock he'd just collected.

"Do you want to snap them off? Or cut them off?" Wands, they had them after all.
He'd left his wand back in his rucksack which happened to be back at the semi-circle, SO. Shoving his own rock in his pocket, Max moved closer and after a little struggle (no much wow strength here), snapped off a couple of sticks. One for him, one for Cam.

One was a bit crooked and mangled, but ho hum. It'd do.

"This can be your one,"
he said cheekily, holding up the wonky stick. HAHA.
__________________
Waterloo is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 09:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod
Newbie Mod


DERP
Dwarf
 
Lislchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Vienna [GMT+1]
Posts: 34,907

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anahera Webb
Sixth Year
x3 x2

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection
Default
The Kisapaths | Sila!Roti | -2 | TouchableHair | ToiletPaperGuy | QueenOfConfusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterloo View Post
He'd left his wand back in his rucksack which happened to be back at the semi-circle, SO. Shoving his own rock in his pocket, Max moved closer and after a little struggle (no much wow strength here), snapped off a couple of sticks. One for him, one for Cam.

One was a bit crooked and mangled, but ho hum. It'd do.

"This can be your one,"
he said cheekily, holding up the wonky stick. HAHA.
Holding the branch steady (as best as possible) at first, Cameron tugged on it a little when he noticed Max had some problems to snap them off. Team-work? Team-work. They got this.

"Thank.....you." Cam trailed off at the end, laughing a little. That was NOT very straight, was it? "Come on. Let's go back." After taking the crooked stick from Max, he nudged his friend and started heading back to where Professor Kennedy was waiting for them.
__________________
I could show you what you wanna see and take you where you wanna be
You could be my luck, even if the sky is falling down, I know that we'll be safe and sound


[Dares]______[Yearbook]______[DERP]______[Queenie]
Lislchen is online now  
Old 01-17-2019, 11:23 PM   #12 (permalink)


DERP & DMLE
Kappa
 
TakemetotheBurrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 13,219

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vita Mallari
Seventh Year

x12 x7

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina
Environmental Protection
Default Astro post <3
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

Sticks and stones. Vita recalled the saying as she wandered closer to class in search of a stick. There were several other students around, so she moved off to the right, hoping the best sticks weren't already picked over.

...was that even a thing?

Probably not.

Anywhoo..

It took her a few minutes, but eventually the sixth year successfully located a good sized stick right by the water's edge. It was a bit damp, but nothing she couldn't remedy with a bit of magic, so she lifted it up and shook it out before returning to the lesson.
__________________

TakemetotheBurrow is offline  
Old 01-18-2019, 02:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
Moderator
Potterdom Mod


DIMC & MO

Moke
 
MadMadamMalfoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Storybrooke
Posts: 8,549

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Fantine "Tina" Dantes
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Katja A. Westergaard
International Cooperation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Adora "Dory" Dane
Paradise Piercings and Tattoos
Default Astronomy post 1
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Pirate Princess ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Fiery Phoenix

Tina decided the area around the lake was going to be her first stop in her search for sundial materials. Nice and close to the class areas, so there was little chance of trouble... well, unless any of the lake creatures decided to pay an unexpected visit. as her eyes scanned the area, she saw several other students apparently had the same idea and inwardly berated herself for not getting here sooner. Oh well, hopefully it wouldn't be too picked over...

Tina started her search a little ways away from the other so as not to disturb anybody. She wandered along the edge of the lake, keeping an eye out for rocks as she went. One rock in particular caught her eye, but when she picked it up for a closer look, it was a little too round. She put it back and continued on her way. The next rock she found was flat enough but looked a little too small to use. On with the search!

She was a good distance away from where she started when she saw something promising. She bent and picked up a rock, examining it closely. Nice and flat, not too big or too small, interesting shape... yes, this would do! Tina drew her wand and performed a quick drying charm on her rock before sticking it in the front pocket of her bag, but she wasn't done searching yet. She needed a little something extra to make it her own, but what? After walking a little farther, she saw some shiny pebbles. Those could be useful! She picked up a handful and dried them off, putting them in her bag with the rock. After giving the area one last look over, Tina left to continue her search for materials elsewhere.
__________________
** I finally put it all together, nothing really lasts forever **

I had to make a choice that was not mine * I had to say goodbye for the last time
MadMadamMalfoy is offline  
Old 01-18-2019, 02:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League




DoM & DMT
Kappa
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 13,434

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rylee Caelyn Prichard
Fifth Year
x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Addison Anders
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Evan Mikal Donovan
Magical Menagerie
Default Astronomy!
Panda Dance! l Purr! l Penguin Waddle! Charmander! l Banana! l Tiny Little Me!

With her stick from the pathways still held in her hand, Rylee only needed to now find a rock. A good sized flat rock. The best place to find one of those was most likely near the lake. There was always a rock or two or several close to the water. Plenty of times she had skipped rocks across the water here, at least before she had developed that small fear she still harbored over the lake.

Making her way towards the waters edge but still keeping a healthy distance from it, she scanned the area for some rocks. A flash of color caught her eye and she spun around fast nearly slipping in a little bit of dirt. Only to see it was someone else looking for rocks too. Letting out a breath and laughing softly at herself she continued on with her search.

There! A little to close to the water for comfort was a rock. A shiny rather large smooth flat looking rock! Inching closer to the water carefully she stooped down and picked up the rock. It was exactly what she had been looking for! Brushing a little bit of dirt off of it she turned and quickly headed back.
__________________


Kolyander is offline  
Old 01-18-2019, 06:30 PM   #15 (permalink)
Moderator
Gladrags Mod



DMAC & DIMC
Bugbear
 
hermionesclone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: London
Posts: 31,554

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lucas Sebastian Dakest
Third Year

x11 x11

Ministry RPG Name:
Grayson Douglas Whitlock
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Lilian Botros
International Cooperation
Default Astronomy!
Magikarp #3 | Pat's Strong Confident Other Half | Pees Like a Champion Unicorn Racehorse

Maybe it really was a good thing he was sitting so close to the Lake in the first place. But people were fast and he was..... not. Before he knew it, there were a lot of people near the Lake and he had to manoeuvre around them in his own awkward little way. And the Lake made the air feel colder which only reminded him of the hot chocolate he wasn't having right now.

Sigh.

There were a lot of 'excuse me's and maybe some bumping - uh, don't tell his mum - but when some people moved away, he began his search. Properly! He needed a flat rock, yeah? He started shuffling around near the bank, picking up this rock and that rock and even that rock over there. He..... didn't really know how flat the rock should be - were some jagged edges or bumps okay? - and before he knew it, he'd collected a BUNCH of rocks. Some were flatter than others but they were all potentials for ones he could use.

His small arms were filling up more and more as he collected more and more rocks until he had more than he could fit into his arms. That should be enough, right? But he needed ONE so...... he started throwing some away. Mainly the small ones because they looked a bit TOO small to make a sundial from. And this rock could go too because it was too rough around the edges and he didn't like that. And this rock..... hmm. It wasn't bad but this other one was easier to carry and that was very important for someone like him so.....

Off you go.

Eventually, he was left with just the one rock, one that was very smooth and looked a little smaller than what he expected the Professor might want but it was probably fine. He was only small, after all.

Next up: sticks!
__________________
hermionesclone is offline  
Old 01-19-2019, 02:48 PM   #16 (permalink)



DoM & AC
Puffskein
 
Dokimoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,512

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jackson Thomas
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sam Forrester
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Ava Clarke
Accidents & Catastrophes

Diagon Alley Employee:
Isabella Clark
Florean Fortescue's
Default Astronomy <3

After finding his stick, Jackson put it in his wand pocket for safe keeping. He headed over to the lake, where he thought he would have the best chance of finding the right kind of rock. He was probably right, because look at the crowd over here! He knew it would be a bit of effort to get a stone he wanted, but he knew where to find it... He took off his socks and shoes, rolled up his pant legs, and walked out on the water. He watched the water as it rippled around his legs, and he plunged his hands in.

This one? No.

This? Nope.

Here? HAHA way too small.

It took him a little less time than the stick had, and Jackson triumphantly lifted his new pet sundial rock above his head before heading back to where class was taking place. VICTORY!!
__________________
Dokimoto is offline  
Old 02-21-2019, 12:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
Your Guide
Billywig
 
The Narrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 3,004

Hogwarts RPG Name:
The Narrator
Default
follow me; everything is all right.

The once relative calm and quiet of the late afternoon is suddenly interrupted by the booming voice of the Headmaster.

"Everyone report to the courtyard, immediately. This is not a request nor is this a suggestion. There's been an...er....situation that has compromised the safety of everyone within the school. Should you not wish to find yourself on the inside of something pink and furry, I suggest you make your way out NOW." There is the smallest paused, before a belated "Oh. Ahem. Thank you."

The message rings throughout every corridor and every room in the entire castle as well as the grounds. Best get to that meeting place.
__________________
The Narrator is offline  
Old 02-23-2019, 01:55 PM   #18 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League




DoM & DMT
Kappa
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 13,434

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rylee Caelyn Prichard
Fifth Year
x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Addison Anders
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Evan Mikal Donovan
Magical Menagerie
Default Hogwarts Roulette: Jozef Kowalski
Panda Dance! l Purr! l Penguin Waddle! Charmander! l Banana! l Tiny Little Me!

The weekend always made Rylee extra happy. Not having to attend lessons meant she had more downtime to do whatever she wanted, especially since her homework was already finished. Having left Lilac with Stefan and Lamb with Reese, she was free to do what she needed to do. Like check on the creatures in the barn and check on her plants in the oasis.

With both of those completed the Gryffindor decided a walk would be nice. Might as well enjoy the fresh air before it rained like it always did. Blue-gray eyes were taking in everything as she made her way closer to the lake, after that meeting that was held a few days ago she was taking no chances. There was noway she would be eaten by a creature, not even an extremely cute fluffy pink one.
__________________


Kolyander is offline  
Old 02-27-2019, 07:08 PM   #19 (permalink)
Moderator
4 Privet Drive Mod


DMAC & DIMC
Doxy
 
Harron Peasley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Losers Club
Posts: 6,271

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Józef Dominik Kowalski
Third Year
x3

Ministry RPG Name:
Dalton Nicholas Fletcher
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Harper Lirael Ward
International Cooperation
Default
Mind = Blown | Lanthanum Uranium Radium | Pacey's Creek | testing the bounds of reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
The weekend always made Rylee extra happy. Not having to attend lessons meant she had more downtime to do whatever she wanted, especially since her homework was already finished. Having left Lilac with Stefan and Lamb with Reese, she was free to do what she needed to do. Like check on the creatures in the barn and check on her plants in the oasis.

With both of those completed the Gryffindor decided a walk would be nice. Might as well enjoy the fresh air before it rained like it always did. Blue-gray eyes were taking in everything as she made her way closer to the lake, after that meeting that was held a few days ago she was taking no chances. There was noway she would be eaten by a creature, not even an extremely cute fluffy pink one.
Józef had plenty of homework and absolutely zero intention of doing any of it. He'd wandered around the castle for HOURS and had a decent fly around the grounds but he was still borED and couldn't find any of his friends.

Not that he'd tried very hard, of course.

Heading down to the lake, Jó spotted Rylee up ahead and offered the older Gryffindor a wave, his footsteps turning towards her. "Hello," he said with a smile as he reached her. "Seen any pink fluffy things around?" Because no matter what the headmaster had said, he was still fascinated by them.
__________________
She is a dancer, and she dances in my dreams...________________________________

____________________________Reminds me that the world is not as evil as it seems.
Harron Peasley is offline  
Old 03-02-2019, 01:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League




DoM & DMT
Kappa
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 13,434

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rylee Caelyn Prichard
Fifth Year
x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Addison Anders
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Evan Mikal Donovan
Magical Menagerie
Default
Panda Dance! l Purr! l Penguin Waddle! Charmander! l Banana! l Tiny Little Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harron Peasley View Post
Józef had plenty of homework and absolutely zero intention of doing any of it. He'd wandered around the castle for HOURS and had a decent fly around the grounds but he was still borED and couldn't find any of his friends.

Not that he'd tried very hard, of course.

Heading down to the lake, Jó spotted Rylee up ahead and offered the older Gryffindor a wave, his footsteps turning towards her. "Hello," he said with a smile as he reached her. "Seen any pink fluffy things around?" Because no matter what the headmaster had said, he was still fascinated by them.
Rylee hadn't quite made it all the way to the lake yet when someone waving at her caught her attention. It only took a moment or so for her to realize it was her younger housemate. "Hey, Jozef," she greeted with a light smile. "Nope, not a thing. It's actually kind of quiet around here right now." Which may or may not be a good thing.

"Are you looking for them?" If he was he shouldn't be all alone. Safety in numbers and all that stuff. "I'm probably going to go sit by the lake for a bit if you'd like to join me?" It looked like he might have been headed that was as well but one could never really be sure.

Still walking albeit more slower, Rylee glanced around when she thought she had heard something. A rustling maybe? Or was it just the wind? "Did you hear that?" She cast a quick look over at Jozef cause he had heard the noise too, right?

It wasn't one of those pink fluffy mutant things, was it?!
__________________


Kolyander is offline  
Old 03-03-2019, 07:10 PM   #21 (permalink)
Moderator
4 Privet Drive Mod


DMAC & DIMC
Doxy
 
Harron Peasley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Losers Club
Posts: 6,271

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Józef Dominik Kowalski
Third Year
x3

Ministry RPG Name:
Dalton Nicholas Fletcher
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Harper Lirael Ward
International Cooperation
Default
Mind = Blown | Lanthanum Uranium Radium | Pacey's Creek | testing the bounds of reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Rylee hadn't quite made it all the way to the lake yet when someone waving at her caught her attention. It only took a moment or so for her to realize it was her younger housemate. "Hey, Jozef," she greeted with a light smile. "Nope, not a thing. It's actually kind of quiet around here right now." Which may or may not be a good thing.

"Are you looking for them?" If he was he shouldn't be all alone. Safety in numbers and all that stuff. "I'm probably going to go sit by the lake for a bit if you'd like to join me?" It looked like he might have been headed that was as well but one could never really be sure.

Still walking albeit more slower, Rylee glanced around when she thought she had heard something. A rustling maybe? Or was it just the wind? "Did you hear that?" She cast a quick look over at Jozef cause he had heard the noise too, right?

It wasn't one of those pink fluffy mutant things, was it?!
Józef laughed a little as he reached Rylee and she asked if he was looking for the pink things. "No, I'm not," he managed with a little shake of his head. "I mean, I'm not running away from them, but..." Well, if he saw them he was definitely going to be watching them. From how far away? Who knew.

"Yes, I'll come with -" He began saying that he would like to join Rylee at the lake, but it was then that he heard the rustling, and instead he found himself nodding at her next question. Because yes, he'd heard it, and his face had lit up a little in spite of the danger the noise might pose.

Because he was walking in the direction of it, and looking at Rylee over his shoulder. "Come on!" She was coming to investigate, right?
__________________
She is a dancer, and she dances in my dreams...________________________________

____________________________Reminds me that the world is not as evil as it seems.
Harron Peasley is offline  
Old 03-04-2019, 12:52 PM   #22 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League




DoM & DMT
Kappa
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 13,434

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rylee Caelyn Prichard
Fifth Year
x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Addison Anders
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Evan Mikal Donovan
Magical Menagerie
Default
Panda Dance! l Purr! l Penguin Waddle! Charmander! l Banana! l Tiny Little Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harron Peasley View Post
Józef laughed a little as he reached Rylee and she asked if he was looking for the pink things. "No, I'm not," he managed with a little shake of his head. "I mean, I'm not running away from them, but..." Well, if he saw them he was definitely going to be watching them. From how far away? Who knew.

"Yes, I'll come with -" He began saying that he would like to join Rylee at the lake, but it was then that he heard the rustling, and instead he found himself nodding at her next question. Because yes, he'd heard it, and his face had lit up a little in spite of the danger the noise might pose.

Because he was walking in the direction of it, and looking at Rylee over his shoulder. "Come on!" She was coming to investigate, right?
Rylee let out a breath in relief when Jozef said he wasn't looking for the pink fluffy mutant creatures. "Good, it's not smart to go looking alone." Things could happen. Not that things couldn't happen if you were with others but at least you would have back up should it be needed.

A light smile formed on her face when he agreed to walk with her to the lake. When her question was met with a nod and what could only be the look of a true Gryffindor she couldn't help but grin in return. Looks like it was time for an adventure and Rylee didn't back out of adventures. Plus she couldn't let him go off to check out the noise on his own.

"I'm am!" she called back quickening her step even as her left hand moved to draw her wand... just in case.
__________________


Kolyander is offline  
Old 03-05-2019, 07:07 PM   #23 (permalink)
Puffskein
 
Joyce Darlington's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,060

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Joyce Darlington
Graduated
Default Search party starts right here!

Levitating the cages in front of her, Joyce led the group towards the lake. So far so good... they hadn't come across any of the pesky little nuisances yet. Perhaps they preferred the warmth of the castle or perhaps they were just well hidden...

"Remember what Headmaster Trent said," she spoke up, addressing the group. "Using force isn't necessary. Let's make sure we search the area thoroughly. We'll need people searching up and down the pathways... the boathouse, the maize maze..." What she was trying to say, was these creatures could be anywhere. "Don't leave any stone unturned but most importantly, stay vigilant. They might be pink and fuzzy but we've all witnessed what these creatures can do."

Dolly Dopple, anyone?
__________________
Joyce Darlington is offline  
Old 03-05-2019, 07:25 PM   #24 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod




DERP & DoM
Poltergeist
 
Jessiqua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gallifrey
Posts: 38,490

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hanna Newton
Fifth Year
x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Archer Burton
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Rayner Grimwald
Scribbulus
Default
Sassenach | RAVENPUFF | Sing me a song of a lass that is gone | bookDRAGON | #awkwardturtle<#

Hanna had quickly decided that she would head out with team Darlington to search the grounds. Trying to find the pink fluffballs in a castle made her feel slightly claustrophobic. So, being in the grounds just felt more natural. And she wasn't going to go with Professor Stewart back to the common room because then she wouldn't be helping. She wouldn't know what to do, waiting for news. Waiting to hear whether anyone else had been harmed, any further LARGE objects eaten, or whether the creatures had been safely and harmlessly captured. Even though they had eaten Dopple, and all sorts of other objects, she didn't believe harming them was right. What they needed, maybe, was being in a safe environment where they could be themselves. Away from doing harm to other people.

Hanna was not going to be searching the maze. "I can go to the boat house if anyone else wants to... come." Keep her company.
__________________
Look out 'cause here I come, And I'm marching on to the beat I drum...

...I'm not scared to be seen, I make no apologies, this is me.
Jessiqua is offline  
Old 03-06-2019, 08:43 PM   #25 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod


DMC & DMAC
Knarl
 
Stormdancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Scotland, [GMT]
Posts: 9,073

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Holly Tamesis
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sloane Eris
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Giulia Barsi
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default *SNAGGING* ^_^ Sloane from DMC
:: Braveheart :: ToRo :: RotiSila :: ToTo ::

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiqua View Post
Hanna had quickly decided that she would head out with team Darlington to search the grounds. Trying to find the pink fluffballs in a castle made her feel slightly claustrophobic. So, being in the grounds just felt more natural. And she wasn't going to go with Professor Stewart back to the common room because then she wouldn't be helping. She wouldn't know what to do, waiting for news. Waiting to hear whether anyone else had been harmed, any further LARGE objects eaten, or whether the creatures had been safely and harmlessly captured. Even though they had eaten Dopple, and all sorts of other objects, she didn't believe harming them was right. What they needed, maybe, was being in a safe environment where they could be themselves. Away from doing harm to other people.

Hanna was not going to be searching the maze. "I can go to the boat house if anyone else wants to... come." Keep her company.
Even after fifteen plus years, Hogwarts still managed to have some form of … incident. He had thought his nieces had been exaggerating over the last decade but now he was beginning to think he had been too harsh. Hmm. Once they had the … pinkfuzzythings …. Captured, he’d make sure to track down Alis and make sure she was okay. That she wasn’t any pinker than her usual garb made her.

Girls.

Looking over at the Professor he had followed out onto the grounds, and then at one of the students who had courageously said they would take the boat house, he nodded his head towards her. “I can go.” Surely Dragon burns were worse than the pink fuzzies. Right?

Eh. Guess he’d find out. Nodding again, but this time specifically at the student he gave her his name. You know. Manners and team work… Or something. “Name’s Sloane.”
__________________
SHOULD AULD ACQUAINTANCE BE FORGOT AND NEVER BROUGHT TO MIND?

SHOULD AULD ACQUANTANCE BE FORGOT AND AULD LANG SYNE!
Stormdancer is offline  
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:37 PM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190