sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Mohamed Sohnoun's Reign > Term 44: September - December 2016


Term 44: September - December 2016 Term Forty-Four: Year of the Poltergeist (Sept 2090 - June 2091)

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2016, 01:34 AM
Zoe Zoe is offline
 
Default Humpbacked Witch Statue


The Humpbacked Witch Statue can be rather frightening to first years. One eye, the other blind, appears to be closely watching anyone that passes by. Older students might have heard whispers about this particular statue and that it is rumoured that a secret passage leading straight to Honeydukes cellar cab be found.

If a person can get her to budge, then they are certainly in for a treat. A long stretch of tunnel heading under the school and across the grounds, once revealed, will indeed take one to the village sweet shop within an hour's time. However, the statue isn't easily persuaded. Good luck getting her to move an inch or two if you don't know the phrase she wishes to hear...
Old 09-20-2016, 09:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Headmaster
Quibbler Mod


MO & DMLE
Nundu
 
Felixir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Posts: 49,325

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kamran Kazmi
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Angelo Milano Evans
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jake Upstead
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders

Diagon Alley Employee:
Spencer Muldoon
Slug and Jiggers Apothecary
x12 x12
Default for tdaniz
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

It so happened that one Daxton Prince could be found in a series of random locations dotted around Hogwarts, at various times of the day. These times were not pre-established, meaning that there was no definite place, at any definite time, that one might be sure to find him, but there were options.

One of these options was the Humpbacked Witch Statue, the stone replication of Gunhilda of Gorsemoor. Daxton had shown up at this very 'point of interest' at the start of the lunch period, clambered onto the be-statued old crone, and perched on top of its humpback with one foot propped onto its outstretched arm and one long leg dangling below him. By the end of the lunch period, he was still there, still quiet, and still alert to his surroundings in the practically empty corridor.

His next class would be starting soon, but this seemed to mean nothing at all to Daxton, as he remained silently perched atop the tall, ugly statue.
__________________

i wanna stand up, i wanna let go _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ ____.

you know, you know; no you don't, you don't
Felixir is offline  
Old 09-21-2016, 01:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


SS Featured Author
Clabbert
 
Kaos.Doodles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Vaes Dothrak
Posts: 19,233

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Takeru Asakura
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Legend Chosen
Magical Law Enforcement

x5 x7
Default
★ BabyQuad ★ PERRY THE PLATYPUS ★ Ern's Fave ★ dangerous with brooms ★

Despite being in Hogwarts for two months now, the corridors within the old castle were still a mystery to him. Tak liked to consider himself observant. But what use was that to you when a staircase could change directions any time that it wanted to, leading you into a completely different place? He had been trying to go to the first floor to get to his Muggle Studies class, but when the grand staircase changed he suddenly found himself on the third, even though he had been on the second one before.

It was without a doubt confusing. Fumbling a little with the books in his arms Tak turned, determined to find a different way to class.

That was when he saw him.

Daxton Prince.

Perched on top of a statue, as if it were a normal thing to do. Daxton Prince, punk extraordinaire, specialty: being a complete and total jerk. Oh, and being a bird apparently.

Hazel eyes glanced up at him, the thought of going to class vanishing from his mind.
Tak allowed the name roll around his mouth just like he did when he first learnt his name. Daxton Prince.

His throat felt dry. He wanted to call out, yell, do something. But all he could do was stare.
__________________

{act like you know me, but you never will}__{but there's one thing that I know for sure}

{i'll show you}

Last edited by Kaos.Doodles; 09-21-2016 at 09:56 AM.
Kaos.Doodles is offline  
Old 09-21-2016, 02:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Headmaster
Quibbler Mod


MO & DMLE
Nundu
 
Felixir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Posts: 49,325

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kamran Kazmi
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Angelo Milano Evans
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jake Upstead
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders

Diagon Alley Employee:
Spencer Muldoon
Slug and Jiggers Apothecary
x12 x12
Default
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

After over three years living in this castle, Daxton was easily able to pick up on the many subtle signs of his surroundings: he could tell which portrait subjects were most likely to flock to nearby paintings when they witnessed anything out of the ordinary, and exactly where they were most likely show up; before this year had started, he had developed a particular knack for identifying each staff member and a large selection of students by the sound of their footsteps (everyone was different); and he was able, by the subtlest of vibrations in the walls and, in the more immediate vicinity, the telltale sound of stone shifting against stone, to identify the exact moment that the moving staircases were about to deliver a student to the corridor he was in.

Not exactly mind-blowing talents - indeed, anyone could learn to pick up on any of those things - but they were useful nevertheless, particularly to a boy who did not tend to let his guard down. Not at any point, not as long as he could help it. And he usually could.

As such, he was aware that another student would be appearing in the corridor, though not who it might be. He stayed put, keeping his eyes trained on the source of the noise, until, who should arrive... but the Asakura kid.

They had not properly interacted since their encounter in Diagon Alley, but Daxton knew that the boy - Takeru Asakura - had noted his presence in the school. Just as he noted his presence in this corridor, right now.

Daxton considered jumping down from the statue, but instead decided to hold off a little longer. It struck him that Asakura would almost certainly want a fight, and most likely a physical one at that; retribution for their last meeting. What better way to irk the boy, than to stay out of his reach? As long as Daxton had his wand at the ready, just in case, then silently taunting him from up high seemed the most entertaining course of action.

Well, there was one other thing.

Keeping his expression impassive, and his body language unaffected, Daxton held up one hand, and gave a little wave, waggling his fingers at Asakura in a mocking manner. He was sure to stay alert, in case the boy threw a spell this way; no need to let anyone get the better of him today, not as long as he could help it.

And he usually could.
__________________

i wanna stand up, i wanna let go _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ ____.

you know, you know; no you don't, you don't
Felixir is offline  
Old 09-22-2016, 03:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


SS Featured Author
Clabbert
 
Kaos.Doodles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Vaes Dothrak
Posts: 19,233

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Takeru Asakura
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Legend Chosen
Magical Law Enforcement

x5 x7
Default
★ BabyQuad ★ PERRY THE PLATYPUS ★ Ern's Fave ★ dangerous with brooms ★

He was angry but calm, util the other boy raised his hand and wiggled his fingers right at him. Clenching his jaw, Tak could feel as his hatred for Daxton Prince began to bubble up in his stomach. He could have pulled out his wand and attacked him right there and then, if not for common sense and basic street smarts.

Common sense told him that Prince was doing this on purpose.

Street starts told him that all the odds were stacked against him, if he really wanted to win a fight. Why was that? Simple, Tak's best strength was his speed. He was fast. But he wasn't that powerful, and Daxton Prince, well, he fought dirty. This was a fact. So if they came together once against fist against fist he'd have to face off against the taller boy in a dirty fight. That seemed hard enough, because speed could only get him so far. But there was another factor. It wouldn't just be fist against fist this time. They were at school, magic was allowed. And he had no idea how strong the smug boy was in magic, but a voice in the back of Tak's mind told him that Daxton probably knew his stuff.

Taking a deep breath the Slytherin forced his anger down as he gazed up. Opening his mouth, he let a single word ring out loudly. "Why?"
__________________

{act like you know me, but you never will}__{but there's one thing that I know for sure}

{i'll show you}
Kaos.Doodles is offline  
Old 09-26-2016, 09:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DoM & DERP
Mooncalf
 
nicole black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: betwixt
Posts: 7,169

Hogwarts RPG Name:
ruari fuller-thompson #FFA3D2
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Saturn Hazelwood
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Q. Alvey
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Aslan Rose Evans
Mysteries
x8
Default Sneaking back in, excuse...
you wanna fite? | 💚 nickleback 💚 | Uh, anyway.

Straightening her form, Aslan clumsily clambered out of the passageway the Humpbacked-witch afforded and back into the castle, the only evidence she hadn been here throughout the day was the fresh gravel and mud on her well-worn navy galoshes. It had rained as she'd snuck out, you see, and as Aslan wasn't able to do magic outside of school she hadn't been able to rid herself of the mess-making-muck. Glancing furtively down the corridor, Aslan smiled with some satisfaction as the coast seemed as clear as a summer's day (thankfully, because she had no patience for lying to staff).

Shaking out her messy curls, Aslan untucked her wand from behind her ears and turned her dark eyes to the mud she had tracked in with her. A Scourgify should be simple, right? Aslan hadn't used the spell much or ever, but then it had hardly seemed necessary until now. She cleared her throat softly and pointed her cypress wand to the nearest mudcaked stone. "Scourgify." She said, as clearly, but as softly as she could. A second later and the stone was clear. There. Aslan took a step back to look for others, unaware as she did that she was creating even more dirt.
__________________

the moon:

feminine, intuitive, inner strength, innocence
nicole black is offline  
Old 09-26-2016, 10:30 PM   #7 (permalink)



SA & DMLE
Mooncalf
 
AmbiguouslyMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 6,675

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hazel Martin-Pryce
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Denny De Palma
Specialty Area

Ministry RPG Name:
Nicky Iver

Diagon Alley Employee:
Scout MacIntyre
Daily Prophet Reporter
x4
Default
Granddaddy Ravenclaw | | Jermione Granger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole black View Post
Straightening her form, Aslan clumsily clambered out of the passageway the Humpbacked-witch afforded and back into the castle, the only evidence she hadn been here throughout the day was the fresh gravel and mud on her well-worn navy galoshes. It had rained as she'd snuck out, you see, and as Aslan wasn't able to do magic outside of school she hadn't been able to rid herself of the mess-making-muck. Glancing furtively down the corridor, Aslan smiled with some satisfaction as the coast seemed as clear as a summer's day (thankfully, because she had no patience for lying to staff).

Shaking out her messy curls, Aslan untucked her wand from behind her ears and turned her dark eyes to the mud she had tracked in with her. A Scourgify should be simple, right? Aslan hadn't used the spell much or ever, but then it had hardly seemed necessary until now. She cleared her throat softly and pointed her cypress wand to the nearest mudcaked stone. "Scourgify." She said, as clearly, but as softly as she could. A second later and the stone was clear. There. Aslan took a step back to look for others, unaware as she did that she was creating even more dirt.
Tucked away in a shadowy corner as she was, Nicky Iver would have gone unnoticed by the Gryffindor for a good long while. The lanky blonde folded her arms across her chest - she'd ducked into the corner when she'd heard a sound, also out past curfew and on her way back from the dungeons as it was- and observed. There were options here.

Cause a ruckus to draw attention to the younger delinquent, affording Nicky a clear path back to her own bed. Announce her presence before the girl got them both caught. Have some fun at the kid's expense. So many options. Twirling her wand between her fingers, she leaned against the cold stone, the fainted light reflecting in her green eyes.

After watching the unfortunate creature create more mess as she tried to clean, Nicky stepped out from her spot. "You're going to get us both caught out. Stand still."

And with that, the older girl flourished her wand and cleaned the floor and the girl's shoes.
__________________

Has anyone ever sung you a lullaby?
You can fly above the rain clouds
Close your eyes
Let the melody carry you
Leave all your fears behind

You can float across a rainbow sky
to once upon a time
AmbiguouslyMe is offline  
Old 09-26-2016, 11:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DoM & DERP
Mooncalf
 
nicole black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: betwixt
Posts: 7,169

Hogwarts RPG Name:
ruari fuller-thompson #FFA3D2
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Saturn Hazelwood
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Q. Alvey
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Aslan Rose Evans
Mysteries
x8
Default
you wanna fite? | 💚 nickleback 💚 | Uh, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbiguouslyMe View Post
Tucked away in a shadowy corner as she was, Nicky Iver would have gone unnoticed by the Gryffindor for a good long while. The lanky blonde folded her arms across her chest - she'd ducked into the corner when she'd heard a sound, also out past curfew and on her way back from the dungeons as it was- and observed. There were options here.

Cause a ruckus to draw attention to the younger delinquent, affording Nicky a clear path back to her own bed. Announce her presence before the girl got them both caught. Have some fun at the kid's expense. So many options. Twirling her wand between her fingers, she leaned against the cold stone, the fainted light reflecting in her green eyes.

After watching the unfortunate creature create more mess as she tried to clean, Nicky stepped out from her spot. "You're going to get us both caught out. Stand still."

And with that, the older girl flourished her wand and cleaned the floor and the girl's shoes.
Aslan was not known for being very alert or aware of her surroundings, she was possibly the easiest person to sneak up on in the whole castle now that Airey Flamsteed had gone (he'd been quite notorious for being easily shaken). She had believed that she was getting better, but as Nicky Iver suddenly came into her peripheral vision Aslan realized she was quite wrong. The blonde was not unknown to her, but they were anything but friendly thanks to a moment of honesty which had gained the Gryffindor Nicky's ire.

It was a problem, her honesty and something she was also trying to improve on.

"Stand still?" Aslan calmly repeated, her dark eyes hard as she watched the other girl wave her wand. She was slow, too slow to have even tried to block her, but her frustration only skyrocketed as the cleaning spell took root. Aslan glared, dark eyes burning with dislike. "I didn't need your help." She answered simply, still gripping her cypress wand.

She fwlt belittled and didn't like it one bit.
__________________

the moon:

feminine, intuitive, inner strength, innocence
nicole black is offline  
Old 09-26-2016, 11:51 PM   #9 (permalink)



SA & DMLE
Mooncalf
 
AmbiguouslyMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 6,675

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hazel Martin-Pryce
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Denny De Palma
Specialty Area

Ministry RPG Name:
Nicky Iver

Diagon Alley Employee:
Scout MacIntyre
Daily Prophet Reporter
x4
Default
Granddaddy Ravenclaw | | Jermione Granger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole black View Post
Aslan was not known for being very alert or aware of her surroundings, she was possibly the easiest person to sneak up on in the whole castle now that Airey Flamsteed had gone (he'd been quite notorious for being easily shaken). She had believed that she was getting better, but as Nicky Iver suddenly came into her peripheral vision Aslan realized she was quite wrong. The blonde was not unknown to her, but they were anything but friendly thanks to a moment of honesty which had gained the Gryffindor Nicky's ire.

It was a problem, her honesty and something she was also trying to improve on.

"Stand still?" Aslan calmly repeated, her dark eyes hard as she watched the other girl wave her wand. She was slow, too slow to have even tried to block her, but her frustration only skyrocketed as the cleaning spell took root. Aslan glared, dark eyes burning with dislike. "I didn't need your help." She answered simply, still gripping her cypress wand.

She fwlt belittled and didn't like it one bit.
Nicky could not quite remember what the girl had done to inspire ire in the previous year. Truthfully, Nicky didn't pay her much mind at all , but she knew there was something that had irked her. No matter. It was the creature's attitude that had her going this time.

"Didn't you?" she replied, voice just above a whisper. "Tracking mud everywhere." The blonde shook her head. "You should be thanking me. I could have turned those unfortunate boots of yours into tap shoes. Or woken up the paintings. Or do anything number of things to you. But I cleaned up after you."

She twirled her wand in her hand, waiting to see how the girl responded. She could be grateful... or she could be sorry.
__________________

Has anyone ever sung you a lullaby?
You can fly above the rain clouds
Close your eyes
Let the melody carry you
Leave all your fears behind

You can float across a rainbow sky
to once upon a time
AmbiguouslyMe is offline  
Old 09-27-2016, 12:09 AM   #10 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DoM & DERP
Mooncalf
 
nicole black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: betwixt
Posts: 7,169

Hogwarts RPG Name:
ruari fuller-thompson #FFA3D2
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Saturn Hazelwood
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Q. Alvey
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Aslan Rose Evans
Mysteries
x8
Default
you wanna fite? | 💚 nickleback 💚 | Uh, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbiguouslyMe View Post
Nicky could not quite remember what the girl had done to inspire ire in the previous year. Truthfully, Nicky didn't pay her much mind at all , but she knew there was something that had irked her. No matter. It was the creature's attitude that had her going this time.

"Didn't you?" she replied, voice just above a whisper. "Tracking mud everywhere." The blonde shook her head. "You should be thanking me. I could have turned those unfortunate boots of yours into tap shoes. Or woken up the paintings. Or do anything number of things to you. But I cleaned up after you."

She twirled her wand in her hand, waiting to see how the girl responded. She could be grateful... or she could be sorry.
She was seething. Furious. Red. Red. Red. It was all Aslan felt as Nicky continued on, her whispered words were lighting a fire and it was taking a fair bit of Aslan's resolve and logic not to do something to shut the older witch up.

Confrontational? Yes. Stupid? Sometimes, but Aslan knew where she stood. "dont be stupid, if I get caught so do you." It didn't take much insight to realize the Ravenclaw had only cleaned up after Aslan to hide herself away, after all, it was clear Nicky didn't care a drop. She was cool, not in Daxton's way. Daxton was ice blue and full of a shimmering hate. Nicky wasn't blue, she was white hot, ready to explode at the drop of a hat if only given the right reason.

And Aslan suddenly had decided that she wanted very much to be that reason. She stared down the older girl, eyes glinting with resolve and her mouth pressed into a tight line. "It's not like you can apparate away from this spot or disillusion yourself quickly enough to avoid the Professors or prefects." she whispered, crossing her arms under her chest. She took a step forward, wand still in hand. Wordlessly, Aslan egged the girl on.
__________________

the moon:

feminine, intuitive, inner strength, innocence
nicole black is offline  
Old 10-01-2016, 01:19 AM   #11 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Headmaster
Quibbler Mod


MO & DMLE
Nundu
 
Felixir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Posts: 49,325

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kamran Kazmi
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Angelo Milano Evans
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jake Upstead
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders

Diagon Alley Employee:
Spencer Muldoon
Slug and Jiggers Apothecary
x12 x12
Default
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos.Doodles View Post
He was angry but calm, util the other boy raised his hand and wiggled his fingers right at him. Clenching his jaw, Tak could feel as his hatred for Daxton Prince began to bubble up in his stomach. He could have pulled out his wand and attacked him right there and then, if not for common sense and basic street smarts.

Common sense told him that Prince was doing this on purpose.

Street starts told him that all the odds were stacked against him, if he really wanted to win a fight. Why was that? Simple, Tak's best strength was his speed. He was fast. But he wasn't that powerful, and Daxton Prince, well, he fought dirty. This was a fact. So if they came together once against fist against fist he'd have to face off against the taller boy in a dirty fight. That seemed hard enough, because speed could only get him so far. But there was another factor. It wouldn't just be fist against fist this time. They were at school, magic was allowed. And he had no idea how strong the smug boy was in magic, but a voice in the back of Tak's mind told him that Daxton probably knew his stuff.

Taking a deep breath the Slytherin forced his anger down as he gazed up. Opening his mouth, he let a single word ring out loudly. "Why?"
Daxton lowered his hand again, looking down at the Slytherin boy with his calculating gaze; he was playing a dangerous game here, and he knew it. He was, essentially, relying on this boy believing he, as a fourth year, was particularly adept at magic, and using that fact to inform his decision on whether or not to cast an offensive spell. As it happened, Daxton did know his stuff. He knew more theory about magic than most his age, specialising in a certain few subject areas. But knowing his stuff, and being able to cast it... those were two very different things.

Non-verbal as he was, Daxton had been attempting for his first three years at Hogwarts to cast spells non-verbally too, and had ignored all instructions to make an attempt at speaking the incantations. Up until the end of his third year, he had had limited, though not entirely absent, success. But now, in his fourth year, there had been some sudden and extensive developments. His non-verbal magic had suddenly started improving at a remarkable rate, but when it came to combative magic, there was only one spell Daxton had managed to fully master, due in part to the fact that most of his practicing duelling spells was done while hiding in corridors, casting at unsuspecting passers-by. Even then, he did not consider that to be a true practice; not enough that he would be certain to use those spells to overpower someone in a duel.

So he was, essentially, falling back on nothing more than a bluff with Asakura, at least until he could be certain he would win in a duel. Until then, Daxton was at least not afraid to fight, and fight dirty, in a good, old-fashioned fist fight. Those always got his blood pumping faster anyway.

Still, he watched Asakura closely, paying particularly close attention to his hands, ready for any sudden movement. None came.

What did come, was a simple, one-word question. A question Daxton had no hope of answering.

Why? Why what? There were a great many things that that question could be addressing: Why was Daxton on the statue? Why was he waving? Why had he beaten the snot out of Asakura the first time they had met? Why did anyone think that this statue was a good hiding place for a 'secret' passageway?

Plenty of potential questions, none of which Daxton could really answer, even if he had known exactly what kind of question Asakura was asking. So he made a choice between his only two options, and simply shrugged. A vague answer to a vague question.
__________________

i wanna stand up, i wanna let go _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ ____.

you know, you know; no you don't, you don't
Felixir is offline  
Old 10-06-2016, 03:35 AM   #12 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


SS Featured Author
Clabbert
 
Kaos.Doodles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Vaes Dothrak
Posts: 19,233

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Takeru Asakura
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Legend Chosen
Magical Law Enforcement

x5 x7
Default
★ BabyQuad ★ PERRY THE PLATYPUS ★ Ern's Fave ★ dangerous with brooms ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
Daxton lowered his hand again, looking down at the Slytherin boy with his calculating gaze; he was playing a dangerous game here, and he knew it. He was, essentially, relying on this boy believing he, as a fourth year, was particularly adept at magic, and using that fact to inform his decision on whether or not to cast an offensive spell. As it happened, Daxton did know his stuff. He knew more theory about magic than most his age, specialising in a certain few subject areas. But knowing his stuff, and being able to cast it... those were two very different things.

Non-verbal as he was, Daxton had been attempting for his first three years at Hogwarts to cast spells non-verbally too, and had ignored all instructions to make an attempt at speaking the incantations. Up until the end of his third year, he had had limited, though not entirely absent, success. But now, in his fourth year, there had been some sudden and extensive developments. His non-verbal magic had suddenly started improving at a remarkable rate, but when it came to combative magic, there was only one spell Daxton had managed to fully master, due in part to the fact that most of his practicing duelling spells was done while hiding in corridors, casting at unsuspecting passers-by. Even then, he did not consider that to be a true practice; not enough that he would be certain to use those spells to overpower someone in a duel.

So he was, essentially, falling back on nothing more than a bluff with Asakura, at least until he could be certain he would win in a duel. Until then, Daxton was at least not afraid to fight, and fight dirty, in a good, old-fashioned fist fight. Those always got his blood pumping faster anyway.

Still, he watched Asakura closely, paying particularly close attention to his hands, ready for any sudden movement. None came.

What did come, was a simple, one-word question. A question Daxton had no hope of answering.

Why? Why what? There were a great many things that that question could be addressing: Why was Daxton on the statue? Why was he waving? Why had he beaten the snot out of Asakura the first time they had met? Why did anyone think that this statue was a good hiding place for a 'secret' passageway?

Plenty of potential questions, none of which Daxton could really answer, even if he had known exactly what kind of question Asakura was asking. So he made a choice between his only two options, and simply shrugged. A vague answer to a vague question.

Daxton Prince's whole demeanour bothered him.

It reminded Tak too much like some of the boys he had grown up around. The ones who quickly took to calling him names and squashing his thoughts about his mum coming for him at a young age. The ones who walked with their heads held high and their backs up straight for the sheer purpose of intimidating you.

And the thirteen year old hated it.

Especially considering what Daxton had done to him. And what he had made him do. Starting a fight, that was not something he would normally do at all. His blood had been boiling though, just as it was now. The look Daxton gave him.....

"Why did you attack me in Diagon Alley?" That was what he wanted to know. Really and truly. He had to know, before he casted his finally opinion on the boy that he already disliked, so very much.
__________________

{act like you know me, but you never will}__{but there's one thing that I know for sure}

{i'll show you}
Kaos.Doodles is offline  
Old 10-10-2016, 06:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Headmaster
Quibbler Mod


MO & DMLE
Nundu
 
Felixir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Posts: 49,325

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kamran Kazmi
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Angelo Milano Evans
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jake Upstead
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders

Diagon Alley Employee:
Spencer Muldoon
Slug and Jiggers Apothecary
x12 x12
Default
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos.Doodles View Post
Daxton Prince's whole demeanour bothered him.

It reminded Tak too much like some of the boys he had grown up around. The ones who quickly took to calling him names and squashing his thoughts about his mum coming for him at a young age. The ones who walked with their heads held high and their backs up straight for the sheer purpose of intimidating you.

And the thirteen year old hated it.

Especially considering what Daxton had done to him. And what he had made him do. Starting a fight, that was not something he would normally do at all. His blood had been boiling though, just as it was now. The look Daxton gave him.....

"Why did you attack me in Diagon Alley?" That was what he wanted to know. Really and truly. He had to know, before he casted his finally opinion on the boy that he already disliked, so very much.
An interesting question from the Slytherin. From his perch on the statue, Daxton regarded Tak Asakura with his cold and calculating gaze, thinking back to the day in Diagon Alley that he remembered so clearly.

Asakura, it seemed, did not.

Because Daxton had not been the first to lash out that day; in fact, he generally made a habit of actively provoking others so that they would be the one to strike first. Daxton had wordlessly provoked the other boy, who had then shoved him back, and then the fight had begun. Technically speaking, Daxton had not attacked anyone. Technically speaking, Asakura had done the attacking. Though it struck Daxton, just for a moment, that perhaps Tak Asakura realised this. He did not seem like a complete idiot.

Still fixing Asakura with that steely blue knowing gaze of his, Daxton waited a long moment, and then shrugged again. Even if the wording were different, he had no answer for Tak. Daxton fought. It was what he did, it was what he wanted to do, it was what he did at every opportunity. And he did not know why.

More accurately, he did not know why everyone else did not feel the same way.

After a brief pause, Daxton slid down off the statue, landing cat-like on the stone floor whilst minor shockwaves went through his feet; a pain he welcomed. He straightened, and continued to stare directly at the other boy.
__________________

i wanna stand up, i wanna let go _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ ____.

you know, you know; no you don't, you don't
Felixir is offline  
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:09 PM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213