sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

There are 360 users online including...
ukukrch243remia , Jaimestulk , Sunflower , agrohimeig

6 members
354 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Mohamed Sohnoun's Reign > Term 44: September - December 2016


Term 44: September - December 2016 Term Forty-Four: Year of the Poltergeist (Sept 2090 - June 2091)

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-25-2016, 04:51 PM
Joy Miller Joy Miller is offline
 
Default Bed 2

You have been escorted from the waiting area by Healer Miller to one of the beds. This particular one is made of a soft shade of wood and has a matching night stand right beside it for your things should you find yourself having to spend some time here. The bedding if soft and warm in various shades of different colors depending on the room (feel free to decide which color on your own). If you happen to not like the look of the area Healer Miller might just change it for you if you ask her nicely. There is also an overstuffed arm chair close by should you have a visitor stop by. The curtains are usually left open unless the area is occupied in which the curtains are drawn closed.


OOC: Please do not post here unless you have been directed here by Healer Miller!
Old 09-19-2016, 04:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Hufflepuff
Streeler
 
OnceUponAStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 221

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ashwin Phelan
Third Year
Default
Jiminy Cricket!

Ashwin made his was to the bed as instructed. He never knew what he was supposed to do...Lie down? Just take a seat? He sighed and just decided to sit on the edge of the bed. He knew it was clean and spotless, but he just wasn't sure what was expected of him. He was rarely sick.
__________________

"Confidence is contagious. So is lack of confidence." - Vince Lombardi

I usually like to keep to myself. Hopefully, all that is about to change.
OnceUponAStar is offline  
Old 09-20-2016, 04:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Puffskein
 
Joy Miller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,035
Graduated
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceUponAStar View Post
Ashwin made his was to the bed as instructed. He never knew what he was supposed to do...Lie down? Just take a seat? He sighed and just decided to sit on the edge of the bed. He knew it was clean and spotless, but he just wasn't sure what was expected of him. He was rarely sick.
Joy walked into the small room tugging the curtains shut as she did. If the boy was indeed ill it was best to keep him separate from everyone else for the time being.

"Make yourself comfortable Mr. Phelan," she instructed softly glancing at the boy. He didn't look all that ill but Joy knew that first impressions could very well be deceiving. "A scratchy throat and red bumps on your legs, yes? Are you allergic to anything that you know of?" Might as well rule that out first as well as see if the boy had a fever. The red head took out a thermometer and made sure it was clean with the use of her wand even though she knew very well that it was. "Place this under your tongue please." Yes she sometimes liked to do things the muggle way.
Joy Miller is offline  
Old 10-06-2016, 09:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Veela
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 37,439

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cooper Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
ZachaŽl Lufkin
Owl Post

Diagon Alley Employee:
Valerie Gray
Noltie's Botanical Novelties

x12 x12
Default dragging Brian with us with permission ^^
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy Miller View Post
Joy was very close by when the doors to her hospital wing opened and in entered not one but two students and a Professor. This instantly had the women's attention and the changing of the color on the walls was forgotten. She did that every now and then to give the area a fresh new look and seem more inviting.

Walking towards them she smiled warmly, picking up the sign-in book to read over what had been written there. Oh my, a spell gone wrong. Well alright then it wasn't anything she couldn't handle. Setting the book down Joy's attention turned fully onto Paige. "If you would like to have a sit in the first room I'll get you all fixed up and your friend can come along as well, unless he has a lesson to return to?" With a nod of her hand and a hand gesture she showed the girl to the room. "Get as comfortable as you like. Is there any discomfort or pain at all?" If there was she could give a potion to deal with that first.
Dragging her feet a bit as she followed the Healer into the wing proper, Paige was trying her darndest not to make eye contact with Brian. Not that she really needed to to know that she was being low key judged by him. Perhaps not even low key, really, just the presence of concern in his eyes made it dull the full effect of the judgemental gaze. And when one was receiving a judgemental gaze from Brian Woods...it had an effect similar to that of a basilisk.

At least to her, but Paige was a sensitive soul.

Biting her lip and chewing apprehensively, the seventh year pulled herself up on the bed and allowed her feet to dangle off the edge. "Discomfort....yes, just a little...like...when your skin is being pulled taught...or pinched between a clothes pin..." she admitted a bit shyly. "But no pain."
__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is offline  
Old 10-07-2016, 02:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Puffskein
 
Joy Miller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,035
Graduated
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Dragging her feet a bit as she followed the Healer into the wing proper, Paige was trying her darndest not to make eye contact with Brian. Not that she really needed to to know that she was being low key judged by him. Perhaps not even low key, really, just the presence of concern in his eyes made it dull the full effect of the judgemental gaze. And when one was receiving a judgemental gaze from Brian Woods...it had an effect similar to that of a basilisk.

At least to her, but Paige was a sensitive soul.

Biting her lip and chewing apprehensively, the seventh year pulled herself up on the bed and allowed her feet to dangle off the edge. "Discomfort....yes, just a little...like...when your skin is being pulled taught...or pinched between a clothes pin..." she admitted a bit shyly. "But no pain."
A bright smile was always on Joy's face. She knew that not many people enjoyed coming to the hospital wing no matter what their age was or their reason. That's why she always met them with a small and a friendly attitude. Even those that were snippy, rude or just down right bratty and didn't deserve her kindness, always got it. It was her job to always do everything in her power to make someone well again or at the very least the most comfortable as possible.

This went for allowing friends to join the person in the room if they liked. Just so no one got between the patient and herself keeping her from helping then there was no problem at all. Watching Paige sit herself down and Brian join her she smiled at them both. It was nice seeing such close friends. "Having no pain is good but I can certainly get you something for the discomfort as well as for the problem at hand here. I'll be right back my dear," she spoke softly turning to leave the two teens to get what she needed quickly.
Joy Miller is offline  
Old 10-18-2016, 01:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Veela
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 37,439

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cooper Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
ZachaŽl Lufkin
Owl Post

Diagon Alley Employee:
Valerie Gray
Noltie's Botanical Novelties

x12 x12
Default late late late late *sigh*
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy Miller View Post
A bright smile was always on Joy's face. She knew that not many people enjoyed coming to the hospital wing no matter what their age was or their reason. That's why she always met them with a small and a friendly attitude. Even those that were snippy, rude or just down right bratty and didn't deserve her kindness, always got it. It was her job to always do everything in her power to make someone well again or at the very least the most comfortable as possible.

This went for allowing friends to join the person in the room if they liked. Just so no one got between the patient and herself keeping her from helping then there was no problem at all. Watching Paige sit herself down and Brian join her she smiled at them both. It was nice seeing such close friends. "Having no pain is good but I can certainly get you something for the discomfort as well as for the problem at hand here. I'll be right back my dear," she spoke softly turning to leave the two teens to get what she needed quickly.
Nodding her head, Paige swung her legs idly against the edge of the bed and watched the way dust particles caught the light as her movements released them into the crisp air of the hospital wing. It had a sort of soothing effect really, which was good considering it kept her gaze from the melted tendrils that were her skin on something else while she waited for the Healer to return.

And still definately not looking at you, Brian Woods. She was well aware she had acted stupid and double casting was the sort of mistake a seventh year ought not to make. Moment of panic and lesson learned? Hopefully.

Sigh.
__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is offline  
Old 10-20-2016, 12:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Puffskein
 
Joy Miller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,035
Graduated
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Nodding her head, Paige swung her legs idly against the edge of the bed and watched the way dust particles caught the light as her movements released them into the crisp air of the hospital wing. It had a sort of soothing effect really, which was good considering it kept her gaze from the melted tendrils that were her skin on something else while she waited for the Healer to return.

And still definately not looking at you, Brian Woods. She was well aware she had acted stupid and double casting was the sort of mistake a seventh year ought not to make. Moment of panic and lesson learned? Hopefully.

Sigh.
Leaving patients alone in a room wasn't something Joy liked to do but it happened from time to time. Usually it wasn't for much more then a few minutes as was the case today when she returned to the room with a small vial in one hand and a little container in the other. "Alright dear, if you could just drink this down for me it will relieve that bit of discomfort you're feeling. It's best to go at it all in one go if you can." Just so the taste doesn't linger as long. A glass of water was poured while Paige was given the time to drink down the clear contents of the vial.

"Now this stuff here is a simple healing cream. All that needs to be done is apply it to the skin now and then again in about an hour or so. You're more then welcome to remain here for that time or take it with you and do it yourself if you feel like you can do that." Joy opened the contained showing Paige an light orange paste that had a very herbal scent to it. She pulled on a pair of disposable gloves and dipped her fingers into the paste lightly applying it over the affected skin on Paige's arms rubbing it in only a little bit. "We'll give it about five minutes to soak in and then wrap it lightly with gauze. After the second application it will need to be wrapped again with a clean dressing to ensure the medication has time to fully be absorbed."

This was all said softly and with a light smile. Accidents happened and though this one most likely could have been easily prevented from the started at least it wasn't worse. Joy was sure that the seventh year knew very well what she had done and didn't feel the need to remind her at all.
Joy Miller is offline  
Old 11-01-2016, 03:27 AM   #8 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Veela
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 37,439

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cooper Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
ZachaŽl Lufkin
Owl Post

Diagon Alley Employee:
Valerie Gray
Noltie's Botanical Novelties

x12 x12
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy Miller View Post
Leaving patients alone in a room wasn't something Joy liked to do but it happened from time to time. Usually it wasn't for much more then a few minutes as was the case today when she returned to the room with a small vial in one hand and a little container in the other. "Alright dear, if you could just drink this down for me it will relieve that bit of discomfort you're feeling. It's best to go at it all in one go if you can." Just so the taste doesn't linger as long. A glass of water was poured while Paige was given the time to drink down the clear contents of the vial.

"Now this stuff here is a simple healing cream. All that needs to be done is apply it to the skin now and then again in about an hour or so. You're more then welcome to remain here for that time or take it with you and do it yourself if you feel like you can do that." Joy opened the contained showing Paige an light orange paste that had a very herbal scent to it. She pulled on a pair of disposable gloves and dipped her fingers into the paste lightly applying it over the affected skin on Paige's arms rubbing it in only a little bit. "We'll give it about five minutes to soak in and then wrap it lightly with gauze. After the second application it will need to be wrapped again with a clean dressing to ensure the medication has time to fully be absorbed."

This was all said softly and with a light smile. Accidents happened and though this one most likely could have been easily prevented from the started at least it wasn't worse. Joy was sure that the seventh year knew very well what she had done and didn't feel the need to remind her at all.
All in one go. Paige knew what that was code for and had even used the same terminology during her internship at St. Mungo's while working in the children's ward, although her coaxing was usually accompanied by a small piece of chocolate when it deemed proper. She supposed at her age it would be a little immature to ask for the same favor - bad aftertastes were nothing that she couldn't handle. Nodding and accepting the vial, Paige tipped it to her lips and did just that. It wasn't....terribly unpleasant. She had tasted worse concoctions, some of which were failed attempts she had brewed herself, and thus the wince on her face was not as pronounced as she had initially imagined.

"I can handle it on my own," she nodded with shy confidence to the Healer as she got to work on the Hufflepuff's hand. It was just applying a bit of cream, after all. The moment it touched her skin, Paige felt a bit of a tingling sensation - not one that was totally unwelcomed - and she watched the skin tendrils for any noticeable change. So far...just a lot of tingling...although there was a subtle feeling of a reverse vacuum slipping into the tingling every now and then. "Thank you."
__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is offline  
Old 11-06-2016, 02:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Puffskein
 
Joy Miller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,035
Graduated
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

All in one go. Paige knew what that was code for and had even used the same terminology during her internship at St. Mungo's while working in the children's ward, although her coaxing was usually accompanied by a small piece of chocolate when it deemed proper. She supposed at her age it would be a little immature to ask for the same favor - bad aftertastes were nothing that she couldn't handle. Nodding and accepting the vial, Paige tipped it to her lips and did just that. It wasn't....terribly unpleasant. She had tasted worse concoctions, some of which were failed attempts she had brewed herself, and thus the wince on her face was not as pronounced as she had initially imagined.

"I can handle it on my own," she nodded with shy confidence to the Healer as she got to work on the Hufflepuff's hand. It was just applying a bit of cream, after all. The moment it touched her skin, Paige felt a bit of a tingling sensation - not one that was totally unwelcomed - and she watched the skin tendrils for any noticeable change. So far...just a lot of tingling...although there was a subtle feeling of a reverse vacuum slipping into the tingling every now and then. "Thank you."
Joy knew that the potion wasn't the most nice tasting. In fact it was rather gross but with the way Paige handled it with hardly anything more then a small disgusted look on her face was nice. Really she didn't enjoy giving out foul tasting potions or horrible smelling rubs but lately with the rate that patients had been entering her wing she couldn't help it. This was just how her job was and there was always some water present on each night stand beside the bed.

"That's fine dear. If you should have any trouble at all or any questions don't hesitate to return and see me, alright?" Joy liked to keep things simple for everyone but she also wanted them to know that they were welcome to come back to her should they need to. Helping was what she loved to do. With the paste nicely rubbed into the affected area of Paige's hand she stepped back to allow it time to soak in. "Oh, you're most certainly welcome."

A warm smile graced her lips as the five minute mark was reached and she lightly wrapped up her arm for her. "There you are. If you feel like you're ready you're all free to go." If she wanted to sit here a bit longer that was perfectly alright too.
Joy Miller is offline  
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:15 PM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213