sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

There are 324 users online including...
hermionesclone , pardewretha , Emzily , vivianbd11 , goldenlinings , RuslanIcops , vikingua2 , GabrielDub , illurb , Malianker

14 members
310 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Mohamed Sohnoun's Reign > Term 43: May - August 2016


Term 43: May - August 2016 Term Forty-Three: She's Back, and She's Hungry... (Sept 2089 - June 2090)

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-30-2015, 04:21 AM
ArianaBlack ArianaBlack is offline
 
Default of Professor James Draper


Once allowed inside the office, one of the first things you may notice is the sudden drop in temperature. Though there is a fireplace resting along the back wall of the room, Professor Draper prefers the cold, thus the fireplace will most likely remain unused all term. And if the cool air wasn’t the first thing to draw your attention, perhaps you've found Merlin sitting on a cushion beside the Professor’s desk.

As for the room itself, aside from the seats meant for student visitors and the few lamps that light the room when it’s dark out, most everything is made of wood. The office is quite simplistic. Professor Draper doesn’t see the need in excess or clutter. Instead, preferring simplicity and believing in minimal decor. He does, however, keep a few journals on a shelf behind his chair, along with a book or two sat on his desk at all times.

Best get comfortable on your own, the Professor probably won’t offer you anything while you’re here.


OOC: Please only post here if you have been invited in and have posted in the waiting area first.
Old 05-15-2016, 12:15 AM   #2 (permalink)



DERP & DMAC
Augurey
 
oh its Erik ok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eorzea
Posts: 11,665

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amabel Bracken
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexander Brian Pappadeaux
Environmental Protection

x2 x7
Default
Treat Yo Self | +2 | Enabler | Nerd | Blink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Fortunately for Dante, James wasn't doing anything entirely important at the moment. Granted, everything he did was always entirely important... But less so right now. Honestly with the lack of students coming to drop by so far this term, he had so much time to actually get work done. It was like a Christmas miracle... In September.

And at this point, James was starting to think he had actually succeeded with scaring the students away from his office. Not that he'd ever admit that it was a part of his strategy. Er. Anyways.

It was clear that he hadn't scared all of them. Because before he knew it there were a few million knocks on the door. By now he had started to make a game of it. Try to match the knocks to the student. This one he couldn't exactly place, but it was most definitely an older student who prided him or herself on being able to mess with Professors. Which meant only one thing, "Barrington," he motioned the boy to come inside after opening the door with a flick of his wand.


OOC: You know the drill
Dante spoke too soon because the minute he stepped in the office it was back to cold and dreary. It probably would kill this man to put some heat spells in here besides the fire. Oh well Dante already told the man last year what he thought on the matter. So no use bring it up again. "You know Professor you should really get some iced coffee or iced tea. It would suit whatever thing you have going on in this office" Dante told him flopping down in his fav seat. It not like this office bothered him.

Got to bright up Dreary Draper's office a little. Plus food was always nice when entering a office. Dante would know.

"Anyway, how are you Professor. Leading the exciting life like always?"
__________________

-------------------------------------Be a pineapple: Stand tall,
-----------------------------------------wear a crown, and be sweet on the inside.
oh its Erik ok is offline  
Old 05-15-2016, 03:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Kappa
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #77b5fe | #9b111
Posts: 13,152

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kinsay James
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jasper Botros
Hufflepuff
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meizzner View Post
Dante spoke too soon because the minute he stepped in the office it was back to cold and dreary. It probably would kill this man to put some heat spells in here besides the fire. Oh well Dante already told the man last year what he thought on the matter. So no use bring it up again. "You know Professor you should really get some iced coffee or iced tea. It would suit whatever thing you have going on in this office" Dante told him flopping down in his fav seat. It not like this office bothered him.

Got to bright up Dreary Draper's office a little. Plus food was always nice when entering a office. Dante would know.

"Anyway, how are you Professor. Leading the exciting life like always?"
"I'll keep that in mind," he wouldn't, of course. What kind of ridiculous suggestion was that? Barrington clearly needed to hop off his high hippogriff here. And he liked whatever thing he had going here in his office. Especially if it meant it bothered troublemakers like Dante. The boy clearly liked to play games. And if it was a game they were playing then James intended to win. Just a bit of that Gryffindor competitiveness, probably. That and he liked to win.

Leaning back in his chair, James narrowed his eyes ever-so-slightly in suspicion. He was considering both the question and the boy who had asked it. "What's it that you want, Barrington?"

There was always a reason, wasn't there? Some sort of hidden agenda perhaps?
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline  
Old 05-15-2016, 06:55 PM   #4 (permalink)



DERP & DMAC
Augurey
 
oh its Erik ok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eorzea
Posts: 11,665

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amabel Bracken
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexander Brian Pappadeaux
Environmental Protection

x2 x7
Default
Treat Yo Self | +2 | Enabler | Nerd | Blink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
"I'll keep that in mind," he wouldn't, of course. What kind of ridiculous suggestion was that? Barrington clearly needed to hop off his high hippogriff here. And he liked whatever thing he had going here in his office. Especially if it meant it bothered troublemakers like Dante. The boy clearly liked to play games. And if it was a game they were playing then James intended to win. Just a bit of that Gryffindor competitiveness, probably. That and he liked to win.

Leaning back in his chair, James narrowed his eyes ever-so-slightly in suspicion. He was considering both the question and the boy who had asked it. "What's it that you want, Barrington?"

There was always a reason, wasn't there? Some sort of hidden agenda perhaps?
Please Professor at least lie a little better. Dante knew for a fact that Draper would never take any he said into consideration. But it was fun to say and get a reaction out of him. Oh well. Dante did not mind the cold in here since it was a little different from most offices. Anyway he wanted to know what Dante wanted. Well talk about rude trying to just get to the point Draper.

"Access to the restricted section, of course"

Dante replied smiling. Well that was not the reason he came. That was just to annoy Draper. He was bored. But yeah might as well see his response to that. Its not like he is a first year.

"And besides that i wanted to if flobberworms were something we would be studying this year."

Because Dante would of course be skipping that lesson.

__________________

-------------------------------------Be a pineapple: Stand tall,
-----------------------------------------wear a crown, and be sweet on the inside.
oh its Erik ok is offline  
Old 05-16-2016, 03:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Kappa
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #77b5fe | #9b111
Posts: 13,152

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kinsay James
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jasper Botros
Hufflepuff
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meizzner View Post
Please Professor at least lie a little better. Dante knew for a fact that Draper would never take any he said into consideration. But it was fun to say and get a reaction out of him. Oh well. Dante did not mind the cold in here since it was a little different from most offices. Anyway he wanted to know what Dante wanted. Well talk about rude trying to just get to the point Draper.

"Access to the restricted section, of course"

Dante replied smiling. Well that was not the reason he came. That was just to annoy Draper. He was bored. But yeah might as well see his response to that. Its not like he is a first year.

"And besides that i wanted to if flobberworms were something we would be studying this year."

Because Dante would of course be skipping that lesson.

And he was right, there wasn't any doubt about that. No student really cared about their Professor's much beyond what benefitted them. Most of them, anyways. He watched the boy curiously, staying quiet for a few seconds to consider him without any facial reaction giving away the man's thoughts.

"Of course," he repeated. And now, he had James' attention. "And why should I agree to that?" Did James care whether or not the students got into the restricted section? No. It was just books. No harm could come from those. So he probably would grant the boy permission. But that didn't mean he couldn't play bad cop.

And James liked a good show.

So entertain us, Mister Slick.

"Afraid I can't help you with that one," he replied smugly to the latter question. "Where's the fun without a bit of surprise?"

__________________
ArianaBlack is offline  
Old 05-22-2016, 07:16 PM   #6 (permalink)



DERP & DMAC
Augurey
 
oh its Erik ok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eorzea
Posts: 11,665

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amabel Bracken
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexander Brian Pappadeaux
Environmental Protection

x2 x7
Default
Treat Yo Self | +2 | Enabler | Nerd | Blink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
And he was right, there wasn't any doubt about that. No student really cared about their Professor's much beyond what benefitted them. Most of them, anyways. He watched the boy curiously, staying quiet for a few seconds to consider him without any facial reaction giving away the man's thoughts.

"Of course," he repeated. And now, he had James' attention. "And why should I agree to that?" Did James care whether or not the students got into the restricted section? No. It was just books. No harm could come from those. So he probably would grant the boy permission. But that didn't mean he couldn't play bad cop.

And James liked a good show.

So entertain us, Mister Slick.

"Afraid I can't help you with that one," he replied smugly to the latter question. "Where's the fun without a bit of surprise?"

Well Well Well look at Draper with that face. No way to tell what he is thinking. Good job Professor. Did Dante really need to give him a reason.

"Because you are such an awesome Professor and i want to research animals that are in that section. Plus its not like i'm a first year."

That was basically it. Mostly he just wanted access to the section. He did not really care the reason. While the research reason was true. It was not the main reason. Also it got a reaction from Dreary Draper so mission successful.

"Unless you need a better reason than that"
__________________

-------------------------------------Be a pineapple: Stand tall,
-----------------------------------------wear a crown, and be sweet on the inside.
oh its Erik ok is offline  
Old 05-23-2016, 03:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Kappa
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #77b5fe | #9b111
Posts: 13,152

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kinsay James
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jasper Botros
Hufflepuff
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meizzner View Post
Well Well Well look at Draper with that face. No way to tell what he is thinking. Good job Professor. Did Dante really need to give him a reason.

"Because you are such an awesome Professor and i want to research animals that are in that section. Plus its not like i'm a first year."

That was basically it. Mostly he just wanted access to the section. He did not really care the reason. While the research reason was true. It was not the main reason. Also it got a reaction from Dreary Draper so mission successful.

"Unless you need a better reason than that"
James raised his brows, not at all believing the reasoning laid out before him. "Come on Barrington, I know you're more creative than that." Or was he wrong here? Because basically, James was asking Dante for a better lie.

The reason behind needing to get into the restricted section didn't really matter to James at this point. He knew the Slytherin well enough to understand that he didn't truly pose any harm. The boy was just looking for a good time and a show. At least that was what James had gathered after limited observation.

So he'd get granted access eventually. But yes, James DID need a better reason than that. "You're trying to convince me, aren't you?" Go on, persuade.

And if anything went wrong, Kitridge would deal with it. Sorry not sorry.
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline  
Old 05-23-2016, 10:51 PM   #8 (permalink)



DERP & DMAC
Augurey
 
oh its Erik ok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eorzea
Posts: 11,665

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amabel Bracken
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexander Brian Pappadeaux
Environmental Protection

x2 x7
Default
Treat Yo Self | +2 | Enabler | Nerd | Blink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
James raised his brows, not at all believing the reasoning laid out before him. "Come on Barrington, I know you're more creative than that." Or was he wrong here? Because basically, James was asking Dante for a better lie.

The reason behind needing to get into the restricted section didn't really matter to James at this point. He knew the Slytherin well enough to understand that he didn't truly pose any harm. The boy was just looking for a good time and a show. At least that was what James had gathered after limited observation.

So he'd get granted access eventually. But yes, James DID need a better reason than that. "You're trying to convince me, aren't you?" Go on, persuade.

And if anything went wrong, Kitridge would deal with it. Sorry not sorry.
Really, asking a slytherin to be creative. Well its not like he couldn't do it was just not one of Dante's strong points. So what now he had to lie. He was telling the truth Dreary Draper. Sigh. So now he had to convince him. Well he could always go to a different Professor so there was that.

"Well i could always go to another Professor" cough Hirsch cough. "But i felt you would be the best choice. And since you are one of the more sane Professor here. I figured you would understand"

Flattery will get you everywhere and sorry Flamsteed. He did not mean it.
__________________

-------------------------------------Be a pineapple: Stand tall,
-----------------------------------------wear a crown, and be sweet on the inside.
oh its Erik ok is offline  
Old 05-24-2016, 03:46 AM   #9 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Kappa
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #77b5fe | #9b111
Posts: 13,152

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kinsay James
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jasper Botros
Hufflepuff
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meizzner View Post
Really, asking a slytherin to be creative. Well its not like he couldn't do it was just not one of Dante's strong points. So what now he had to lie. He was telling the truth Dreary Draper. Sigh. So now he had to convince him. Well he could always go to a different Professor so there was that.

"Well i could always go to another Professor" cough Hirsch cough. "But i felt you would be the best choice. And since you are one of the more sane Professor here. I figured you would understand"

Flattery will get you everywhere and sorry Flamsteed. He did not mean it.

Yes, he was really asking a Slytherin to be creative. Nothing out of the ordinary, honestly. They were meant to be ambitious right? Anything to reach their means? Then being creative shouldn't have been out of the question. And so James waited.

"While you are right, I am the best choice, he said leaning back in his chair. "Flattery will get you no where." Except that was a lie, it got you everywhere. You just had to know who it worked on and it didn't work on the man who had mastered the art of flattery himself.

"But you're in luck, Barrington. I'm feeling kind today," Call it pity. Call it trying to mess with Kitridge. Eh, who knew where this spirit came from. "So what will it be? A signed permission?" All the other students were too intimidated to ask for James' help on these matters.
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline  
Old 05-24-2016, 09:31 PM   #10 (permalink)



DERP & DMAC
Augurey
 
oh its Erik ok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eorzea
Posts: 11,665

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amabel Bracken
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexander Brian Pappadeaux
Environmental Protection

x2 x7
Default
Treat Yo Self | +2 | Enabler | Nerd | Blink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post

Yes, he was really asking a Slytherin to be creative. Nothing out of the ordinary, honestly. They were meant to be ambitious right? Anything to reach their means? Then being creative shouldn't have been out of the question. And so James waited.

"While you are right, I am the best choice, he said leaning back in his chair. "Flattery will get you no where." Except that was a lie, it got you everywhere. You just had to know who it worked on and it didn't work on the man who had mastered the art of flattery himself.

"But you're in luck, Barrington. I'm feeling kind today," Call it pity. Call it trying to mess with Kitridge. Eh, who knew where this spirit came from. "So what will it be? A signed permission?" All the other students were too intimidated to ask for James' help on these matters.
Being ambitious and creative were too different things. It would help if he was creative than he could be ambitious about it. But Dante was more of the practical mind. Money and favors.

Well that was not the reaction he was hoping for the result was the same.Dreary Draper really did have to lie better. But yeah he made it this far in life. So he must have done something right or just lucky. Dante was leaning towards the second option.

Luck made nothing to do with this. But Dante would take it. Dante smiled.

"That would be perfect Professor. Thank You"

Once he had that he could leave Professor Draper to brood in peace.
__________________

-------------------------------------Be a pineapple: Stand tall,
-----------------------------------------wear a crown, and be sweet on the inside.
oh its Erik ok is offline  
Old 05-25-2016, 02:03 AM   #11 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Kappa
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #77b5fe | #9b111
Posts: 13,152

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kinsay James
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jasper Botros
Hufflepuff
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meizzner View Post
Being ambitious and creative were too different things. It would help if he was creative than he could be ambitious about it. But Dante was more of the practical mind. Money and favors.

Well that was not the reaction he was hoping for the result was the same.Dreary Draper really did have to lie better. But yeah he made it this far in life. So he must have done something right or just lucky. Dante was leaning towards the second option.

Luck made nothing to do with this. But Dante would take it. Dante smiled.

"That would be perfect Professor. Thank You"

Once he had that he could leave Professor Draper to brood in peace.
Dante was an interesting character. One of the ones that seemed to intrigue him the most. The others he had figured out to a T, but there was something about Barrington that wasn't easy to blame. James liked the challenge though, kept things lively on days like these.

So he reached into a drawer to pull out a piece of parchment. Dipping his quill in black ink, the man paused briefly to look up at the fifth year. Hmm. And with that he scribbled a brief permission with a tight, neat signature right underneath. As well as the date because this was a one-time slip.

And then he slid it across his desk over to the side nearest Dante. Use it wisely, kid.

Or don't.
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline  
Old 05-25-2016, 11:40 PM   #12 (permalink)



DERP & DMAC
Augurey
 
oh its Erik ok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eorzea
Posts: 11,665

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amabel Bracken
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexander Brian Pappadeaux
Environmental Protection

x2 x7
Default
Treat Yo Self | +2 | Enabler | Nerd | Blink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Dante was an interesting character. One of the ones that seemed to intrigue him the most. The others he had figured out to a T, but there was something about Barrington that wasn't easy to blame. James liked the challenge though, kept things lively on days like these.

So he reached into a drawer to pull out a piece of parchment. Dipping his quill in black ink, the man paused briefly to look up at the fifth year. Hmm. And with that he scribbled a brief permission with a tight, neat signature right underneath. As well as the date because this was a one-time slip.

And then he slid it across his desk over to the side nearest Dante. Use it wisely, kid.

Or don't.
Wow he was actually getting a signed permission form. Dante first thought the man would be suspicious like he was then give Dante some reason why he would refuse. But this he did not expect. But it was totally cool and awesome.

Dante took the form and read it over. you can never be too careful and well you never know if Draper would have thought it funny to give him a form that denies him access.

"Thanks Professor. I'll see you in your class"

Dante got up to go.Yep he was still taking CoMC.

You should feel honored Draper.
__________________

-------------------------------------Be a pineapple: Stand tall,
-----------------------------------------wear a crown, and be sweet on the inside.
oh its Erik ok is offline  
Old 05-30-2016, 02:42 AM   #13 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Kappa
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #77b5fe | #9b111
Posts: 13,152

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kinsay James
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jasper Botros
Hufflepuff
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meizzner View Post
Wow he was actually getting a signed permission form. Dante first thought the man would be suspicious like he was then give Dante some reason why he would refuse. But this he did not expect. But it was totally cool and awesome.

Dante took the form and read it over. you can never be too careful and well you never know if Draper would have thought it funny to give him a form that denies him access.

"Thanks Professor. I'll see you in your class"

Dante got up to go.Yep he was still taking CoMC.

You should feel honored Draper.

James had better things to do than hold sixth years back from visiting the restricted section. Besides, that'd be Leo's problem now so there was really no harm in allowing Dante the permission. Not on this end, anyway. Whatever happened after that could be dealt with by the librarian. And it may even call for some good evening entertainment.

He nodded goodbye as the boy made his way out.

Of course he would see the Slytherin in class. James expected no less. That much was a given. So no comment needed.

__________________
ArianaBlack is offline  
Old 05-31-2016, 07:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt
 
WhittyBitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 237,296

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9
Default
♥s her SS family l Wifey is MINE | Naughty Niffler l Whittysaur l #awkwardturtle<#

From the sound of his tone, Esme could gather that Professor Draper was in the middle of something. No matter because the door was open and she was sure that rampaging Nifflers would qualify as more important.

"Hello, Professor," she said as she stood in the doorway. It was important to be polite. A second later she added, "there is a herd of Nifflers on the loose. Me and Juno saw them at the playground." Merlin knew where they had wandered off to and what destruction they would cause in hunting for shiny things.
__________________
WhittyBitty is offline  
Old 06-02-2016, 12:50 AM   #15 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Kappa
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #77b5fe | #9b111
Posts: 13,152

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kinsay James
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jasper Botros
Hufflepuff
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
From the sound of his tone, Esme could gather that Professor Draper was in the middle of something. No matter because the door was open and she was sure that rampaging Nifflers would qualify as more important.

"Hello, Professor," she said as she stood in the doorway. It was important to be polite. A second later she added, "there is a herd of Nifflers on the loose. Me and Juno saw them at the playground." Merlin knew where they had wandered off to and what destruction they would cause in hunting for shiny things.
More often than not his intuition was correct. In other words, James Draper was always right. Even when he was wrong... He was still right. It's the way things worked around here.

James waited a few minutes after her hello before looking up. He had fully been expecting her to step inside.... As he did open the door for her. But she only took a few steps forward into the doorway. How strange. With the curious behavior in mind, James lifted his gaze to finally put a face to the voice. "Ah, Ms ... Darcy," he recognized this one. She was the, er, witness during that whole love potion incident last term. One he didn't want to relive thank you very much, so not even lingering on that thought any longer. K THANKS.

Before he had the chance to inquire about her visit, she took the reigns herself. Ah, if only more visits could go like this. Then maybe they'd make some progress and he could have more time to actually get work done. "Nifflers? Again?" he inwardly groaned as he stood up from his chair. "Alright, let's go find them then," he nodded, assuming that's what she wanted. "Lead the way, Darcy."
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline  
Old 06-02-2016, 07:00 PM   #16 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt
 
WhittyBitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 237,296

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9
Default
♥s her SS family l Wifey is MINE | Naughty Niffler l Whittysaur l #awkwardturtle<#

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
More often than not his intuition was correct. In other words, James Draper was always right. Even when he was wrong... He was still right. It's the way things worked around here.

James waited a few minutes after her hello before looking up. He had fully been expecting her to step inside.... As he did open the door for her. But she only took a few steps forward into the doorway. How strange. With the curious behavior in mind, James lifted his gaze to finally put a face to the voice. "Ah, Ms ... Darcy," he recognized this one. She was the, er, witness during that whole love potion incident last term. One he didn't want to relive thank you very much, so not even lingering on that thought any longer. K THANKS.

Before he had the chance to inquire about her visit, she took the reigns herself. Ah, if only more visits could go like this. Then maybe they'd make some progress and he could have more time to actually get work done. "Nifflers? Again?" he inwardly groaned as he stood up from his chair. "Alright, let's go find them then," he nodded, assuming that's what she wanted. "Lead the way, Darcy."
Again?

Had there been problems with Nifflers earlier in the term?

Esme couldn't remember any such instances, but she wasn't exactly everywhere and certain things didn't reach the rumor mill. Students were much more interested in love lives than they were with what creatures were getting up to. No matter because they needed to take care of the problem as soon as possible.

Nodding, she did as he said and started walking. "They can't get in the castle... can they?" Unless someone opened the door for them she didn't see how they could get in. Was digging through to the inside even possible?
__________________
WhittyBitty is offline  
Old 06-03-2016, 04:46 AM   #17 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Kappa
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #77b5fe | #9b111
Posts: 13,152

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kinsay James
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jasper Botros
Hufflepuff
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
Again?

Had there been problems with Nifflers earlier in the term?

Esme couldn't remember any such instances, but she wasn't exactly everywhere and certain things didn't reach the rumor mill. Students were much more interested in love lives than they were with what creatures were getting up to. No matter because they needed to take care of the problem as soon as possible.

Nodding, she did as he said and started walking. "They can't get in the castle... can they?" Unless someone opened the door for them she didn't see how they could get in. Was digging through to the inside even possible?


Again.

Bloody creatures thought they had an open invitation here or something.

Though this was the first notice he had gotten concerning the nifflers this term, but they were invading plenty last term. He'd know, Poncho Paul wouldn't let him see the end of it. Which was just another reason why he didn't need to deal with it all over again. Couldn't they just have one day of peace and quiet in this place? Was that really too much to ask for? One day without something going slightly wrong? Clearly disaster waited for no one.

"Not on there own," though knowing the students here... Some firstie would be the one to leave a door or window open. And he knew all to well than to keep his hopes up, they were getting in some way or another. "But you'd be surprised, they're cunning little creatures." Not in a good way.

James reached out to grab the door, holding it open for Esme and waiting until she walked out of the office before turning the lights off and locking the door behind him. Alright, let's catch some nifflers, eh? To the playground.
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline  
Old 06-12-2016, 04:17 AM   #18 (permalink)



SA & DMLE
Mooncalf
 
AmbiguouslyMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 6,675

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hazel Martin-Pryce
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Denny De Palma
Specialty Area

Ministry RPG Name:
Nicky Iver

Diagon Alley Employee:
Scout MacIntyre
Daily Prophet Reporter
x4
Default
Granddaddy Ravenclaw | | Jermione Granger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Honestly, the most recent strange occurrences didn't even strike him as the least bit odd. If there's one thing James Draper remembered from his own Hogwarts years, it was that this place brewed insanity. It was thoughts like this that kept him from turning into a fool like Poncho Paul or that Airehead Flamsteed. They had just been cooped up here for far too long trying to convince themselves that this school was normal.

Having just brewed himself a cup of tea, the man went to sit at his desk to enjoy it when... A knock. Of course. Every time. Could he not even have a single moment to himself? Of course not. That would be asking for too much. Reluctantly he walked over to the door and opened it. "Miss Iv--" What in the name of Merlin was happing inside of the girl's bag, "In," so he could close the door and get an explanation. His eyes were locked on the bag.


OOC: Come in
"I found it rummaging under my bed and petrified it," she explained as she entered. She waited for him to close the door before thrusting the now twitching bag into his hand. She did not want to be holding it if the thing scratched through, no thank you.

"Maybe you misplaced some? There were others I didn't catch." There was a slight tone of sarcasm in her voice, as she'd come to believe that few, if any, of the teachers here were wholly competent. Draper hadn't disappointed her yet, but since she had to go do an inventory of all her jewelry, maybe that opinion was going to change.

In all of this, she never once mentioned what was in the bag, preferring to watch his reaction as he peeked.

"If there's a spell I can cast around my bed to keep creatures away, I'd be most interested."
__________________

Has anyone ever sung you a lullaby?
You can fly above the rain clouds
Close your eyes
Let the melody carry you
Leave all your fears behind

You can float across a rainbow sky
to once upon a time

Last edited by AmbiguouslyMe; 06-12-2016 at 04:21 AM. Reason: continuing from waiting area
AmbiguouslyMe is offline  
Old 06-12-2016, 05:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
Other Characters
Lobalug
 
NIFFLERS!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 192
Default

Twitch

Another twitch

The niffler suddenly cried out from within the bag, since it was dark and SO SO SO SCARY IN HERE, HUMANS! Its little nose sniffed around until it found the opening up top and popped out, digging its claws into the adult!human's chest in fear, whining slightly. Being petrified had been no fun, no fun at all!

WAIT WAS THAT A SHINY?!?!?!?!?

The niffler did its best to leap off of the man's chest.
__________________

NIFFLERS! is offline  
Old 06-13-2016, 03:38 AM   #20 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Kappa
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #77b5fe | #9b111
Posts: 13,152

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kinsay James
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jasper Botros
Hufflepuff
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

SPOILER!!: nicky&niffler the double threat
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbiguouslyMe View Post
"I found it rummaging under my bed and petrified it," she explained as she entered. She waited for him to close the door before thrusting the now twitching bag into his hand. She did not want to be holding it if the thing scratched through, no thank you.

"Maybe you misplaced some? There were others I didn't catch." There was a slight tone of sarcasm in her voice, as she'd come to believe that few, if any, of the teachers here were wholly competent. Draper hadn't disappointed her yet, but since she had to go do an inventory of all her jewelry, maybe that opinion was going to change.

In all of this, she never once mentioned what was in the bag, preferring to watch his reaction as he peeked.

"If there's a spell I can cast around my bed to keep creatures away, I'd be most interested."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niffler View Post
Twitch

Another twitch

The niffler suddenly cried out from within the bag, since it was dark and SO SO SO SCARY IN HERE, HUMANS! Its little nose sniffed around until it found the opening up top and popped out, digging its claws into the adult!human's chest in fear, whining slightly. Being petrified had been no fun, no fun at all!

WAIT WAS THAT A SHINY?!?!?!?!?

The niffler did its best to leap off of the man's chest.

James quickly closed the door behind the girl, knowing very well that whatever was in that bag didn't want to stay in there for much longer. And now he was holding the bag. J o y. Still the young Ravenclaw had yet to mention exactly what she had managed to petrify, but already James had a few guesses. If it was what the others had complained about... Then he was very well aware of what creature he was holding. That coupled with some context clues and... He was almost positive.

"Although your concern is appreciated, this one doesn't belong to me," her sarcasm, noted. "You say you found this one in your dorm?" As for a kind of repelling spell.. Doesn't exist but-- And just then he felt a few more twitches coming from inside the bag. On that note, he reached into his pocket with one hand while he held the bag against his body with the other which in hindsight was probably a bad move because... It was out.

James wasn't at all surprised to see what it was either. Bloody nifflers. Of course. "Agh," did it really need to CLAW at him? Did it, REALLY? "Sorry about this," poor idiot was just frightened but James couldn't let him go nuts in his office. "Immobulus!"
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline  
Old 06-13-2016, 08:36 PM   #21 (permalink)



SA & DMLE
Mooncalf
 
AmbiguouslyMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 6,675

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hazel Martin-Pryce
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Denny De Palma
Specialty Area

Ministry RPG Name:
Nicky Iver

Diagon Alley Employee:
Scout MacIntyre
Daily Prophet Reporter
x4
Default
Granddaddy Ravenclaw | | Jermione Granger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
SPOILER!!: nicky&niffler the double threat



James quickly closed the door behind the girl, knowing very well that whatever was in that bag didn't want to stay in there for much longer. And now he was holding the bag. J o y. Still the young Ravenclaw had yet to mention exactly what she had managed to petrify, but already James had a few guesses. If it was what the others had complained about... Then he was very well aware of what creature he was holding. That coupled with some context clues and... He was almost positive.

"Although your concern is appreciated, this one doesn't belong to me," her sarcasm, noted. "You say you found this one in your dorm?" As for a kind of repelling spell.. Doesn't exist but-- And just then he felt a few more twitches coming from inside the bag. On that note, he reached into his pocket with one hand while he held the bag against his body with the other which in hindsight was probably a bad move because... It was out.

James wasn't at all surprised to see what it was either. Bloody nifflers. Of course. "Agh," did it really need to CLAW at him? Did it, REALLY? "Sorry about this," poor idiot was just frightened but James couldn't let him go nuts in his office. "Immobulus!"
Seemed like she'd gotten the bag out of her hands just in time. It wasn't that Nicky was at all squeamish or uncomfortable around creatures - quite the contrary - but this one had disturbed her nap and her possessions and she had patience for neither and wanted it off her hands as quickly as possible.

"Well, even if it's not yours, you're the one to deal with it," she said, as if trying to explain the logic of her arrival was tedious. "I did say that, yes," she answered, clearly feeling like she'd spent far too much time here already. "Under my bed and rummaging through my things. While I was sleeping." She gestured to the obvious not outdoor attire she was wearing: yoga pants and one of Tali's sweatshirts.

She rolled her eyes as the creature clawed at the teacher. "Can I go?"
__________________

Has anyone ever sung you a lullaby?
You can fly above the rain clouds
Close your eyes
Let the melody carry you
Leave all your fears behind

You can float across a rainbow sky
to once upon a time
AmbiguouslyMe is offline  
Old 06-13-2016, 10:07 PM   #22 (permalink)
Other Characters
Lobalug
 
NIFFLERS!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 192
Default

As soon as its little feet leapt from the adult human, it.......was frozen.

Immobilized.

The niffler didn't understand or know the concept of that, but its eyes widened in fear as it happened.

HE JUST WANTED A SHINY??????
__________________

NIFFLERS! is offline  
Old 06-15-2016, 04:33 AM   #23 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Kappa
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #77b5fe | #9b111
Posts: 13,152

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kinsay James
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jasper Botros
Hufflepuff
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbiguouslyMe View Post
Seemed like she'd gotten the bag out of her hands just in time. It wasn't that Nicky was at all squeamish or uncomfortable around creatures - quite the contrary - but this one had disturbed her nap and her possessions and she had patience for neither and wanted it off her hands as quickly as possible.

"Well, even if it's not yours, you're the one to deal with it," she said, as if trying to explain the logic of her arrival was tedious. "I did say that, yes," she answered, clearly feeling like she'd spent far too much time here already. "Under my bed and rummaging through my things. While I was sleeping." She gestured to the obvious not outdoor attire she was wearing: yoga pants and one of Tali's sweatshirts.

She rolled her eyes as the creature clawed at the teacher. "Can I go?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niffler View Post
As soon as its little feet leapt from the adult human, it.......was frozen.

Immobilized.

The niffler didn't understand or know the concept of that, but its eyes widened in fear as it happened.

HE JUST WANTED A SHINY??????

Honestly, if James had a say he'd request that Paul Myers be the one to deal with the niffler invasion. Not because the hippy herbologist would do a better job, but because it'd be funny to watch him try. Though unfortunately, the mayhem did fall under James' particular department...... Unless he could actually prove these ones came from the forrest because then he could make an argument to throw them over at Justin. And that sounded like the perfect plan.

James stayed silent for a moment, considering the new information regarding the creature. "Take two points for taking part in getting him back home," Or... something like that. Though her sour attitude revealed that she probably was intending on helping in the first place. Eh, this could help balance out all the points he kept taking away from students. That way the rest of staff could stop complaining.

James cradled the niffler in his arms, nodding at the student in his office. "If there aren't any other pressing issues," then yes. By all means, please do.
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline  
Old 06-15-2016, 09:52 PM   #24 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW Mod

Ramora
 
Daydreamer11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: In my dreams
Posts: 5,346

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jordyn Guidry
Fifth Year
x5
Default
dream until your • dreams come true ~ Human pygmy puff

SPOILER!!: Professor Draper
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
What had seemed to be a nicer, slower year with fewer office visits and more time to relax... Didn't last for very long. Office visits were rather contagious, James found. Once there was one there were always at least seventeen more. Not that he was complaining... Not publicly, anyway.

And as if right on cue, he heard a knock on his door. This one was polite, no obnoxious knocking. Meant it was a student with at least some sort of respect for their Professors. So eh, it couldn't be too unpleasant. But he was about to find out. Still sat at his desk, he opened the door with a flick of his wand. "Come in," he said hardly looking up from his book.


OOC: You can now post inside if you want!


Janelle had made herself comfortable in the waiting area, figuring she might be there a while. To her surprise, the door to the professor's office opened and a voice directed her to come in. She stood up, took a deep breath and crossed the threshold into the inner sanctum.

"Hello Professor Draper", Janelle said hopefully. "I'm here to see about adopting Mikey, the crup I was caring for in class. We really bonded and I would love for us to be together permanently. Do you think that would be possible?" Janelle hoped so, but she didn't really know the requirements for adoption. That was what she needed to find out today.
__________________
AT THE HOGWARTS YULE BALL, YOU'LL BE TURNING UP WITH....___________________

You're not saying you love chaos, but you're not not saying that. Who wouldn't
want front row seats to see the wildcards in action?!
Daydreamer11 is offline  
Old 06-20-2016, 03:36 AM   #25 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Kappa
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #77b5fe | #9b111
Posts: 13,152

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kinsay James
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jasper Botros
Hufflepuff
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

SPOILER!!: Janelle <3 sorry for the wait, ochem has been kicking my bum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daydreamer11 View Post
Janelle had made herself comfortable in the waiting area, figuring she might be there a while. To her surprise, the door to the professor's office opened and a voice directed her to come in. She stood up, took a deep breath and crossed the threshold into the inner sanctum.

"Hello Professor Draper", Janelle said hopefully. "I'm here to see about adopting Mikey, the crup I was caring for in class. We really bonded and I would love for us to be together permanently. Do you think that would be possible?" Janelle hoped so, but she didn't really know the requirements for adoption. That was what she needed to find out today.


James was always prompt. Prompt with lesson start times. Prompt with showing up to events. Prompt with answering his door. It was a wonder how students were still so dang surprised after so many months of having him as a Professor.

"Miss Guidry," he nodded, waiting for her to take a step inside. "Of course," She had told him after class, yes? He wasn't at all surprised to hear her reasoning for her arrival today. James had been expecting a few visits ever since the crup lesson. It seemed to have been a big hit. He only half listened to whatever she was going on about, but fortunately James Draper was incredibly practiced in artful selective hearing. Meaning he got what he needed. "Possible? Yes." He nodded.

"Remind me of your year?" he asked as he reached into one of the drawers in his desk to pull out a specific piece of parchment. "And what makes you think you'd make a good crup owner?" Of course his intention wasn't to be discouraging, these were just questions that needed to be answered if she was going to go through with this. Protocol.
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline  
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:07 PM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213