sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

There are 257 users online including...
hermionesclone , GoXBet , natethegreat , DuckyLinJi , astrocat , sweetpinkpixie , eaupreyraph

10 members
247 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Gaellen Tate's Reign > Term 25: May - July 2010


Term 25: May - July 2010 Term Twenty-five: The Past, The Future (Sept 2071 - June 2072)

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2010, 02:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

Diricawl
 
Mad Eye Touz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Throne.
Posts: 26,834

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zahra Kettleburn
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
CJ Cooper
Default of Lainey
Inside Kitty | HIT ENTER | UNO Queen





The walls of this office remained as blue as the day they were painted. They'd received their color when a pair of Slytherin boys repainted the office to its current shade after a series of odd events that involved a very large man inhabiting this space, some undeserved jail time, and some whitewash. Somehow, though three men had been in this office since Professor A. Lainey had left Hogwarts, the walls never got any update. This not only suited the newly returned History of Magic professor, but it also made her feel more at home.

She replaced all the mannish furniture with pieces from her home, and some pieces from Rae's, too. The desk that is so large it almost (but not quite) overpowers the startling blue walls. And though the term has only just begun, Lainey has somehow managed to fill her desk with cascading stacks of paper.

The only thing that might be able to truly compete with the overpowering blueness is the collage of baby pictures that almost cover the entire space behind Lainey's desk. The child can be seen blowing spit bubbles at her or gnawing a toy dragon in most pictures. Most of the time Lainey is turned around in her chair, distracted by her little boy Colby Jack Cooper.


The door is almost always open, so come on in and make yourself at home.
__________________
Mad Eye Touz is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 11:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMC & SA
Banshee
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 50,208
x2 x3
Default
Fortress of Brilliance ღ Mommy Quad

Walking at a normal pace down the fifth floor corridor, Katie didn't begin to slow down until she noticed they were nearing the History of Magic Professor's office, and as usual... Legend was behind her. She stopped in her tracks and turned to face him, a hand coming to rest on her hip. She briefly gave him that look he knew all too well, permanently at a loss for patience when it came to him and his five-feet personal bubble 'girls have cooties' space issues. Then tried for encouragement instead, smiling slightly. "Come on, this will be fun."

Many things Legend crossed her mind in that moment, she pushed each away. "And no using that notepad of yours; You have a mouth and a voice - use it." It was a toss up on which annoyed her more: His silence or his need to be.. such a BOY! Right then, silence was winning.

Finally, the brunette turned back around and continued to the office door, left wide open. Katie knocked lightly, not seeing anyone at first. "Professor?"
__________________
Dream. Try. Do Good.
I love you all,
Class dismissed.
D.A Forever is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 11:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


SS Featured Author
Clabbert
 
Kaos.Doodles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Vaes Dothrak
Posts: 19,233

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Takeru Asakura
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Legend Chosen
Magical Law Enforcement

x5 x7
Default
★ BabyQuad ★ PERRY THE PLATYPUS ★ Ern's Fave ★ dangerous with brooms ★

Everything that the short annoying Hufflepuff was going in one ear and out the other. Like it always did. Because frankly, whatever Katie had to say really wasn't that important. Actually....it was complete and utter garbage.

Picking up his pace Legend rolled his eyes as he heard the word 'notepad'. Putting out the small book out of his pocket he quickly scribbled Whatever, on to it and showed the girl.

Why was he here anyways? Oh yeah the midget had FORCED him.What good would seeing a teacher do for him anyways? They were all mad. Leaning agaisnt the wall he waited as she knocked.
__________________

{act like you know me, but you never will}__{but there's one thing that I know for sure}

{i'll show you}
Kaos.Doodles is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 11:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

Special Services to the School
Mod Babysitter

DMT
Dwarf
 
feeheeheeny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: #03A89E
Posts: 35,135

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Theodore "Teddy" James
Sixth Year
x11
Default
believe in yourselves | dream | try | do good | everything will be okay

Becca was kind of a mess. Tears streamed down her face the moment she saw the sign on the door. It was really her, wasn't it? After all these years...

Two students were already there, though, standing outside the door. Becca KNEW that was NOT how things were supposed to work. Didn't they know anything? Barging in was always the proper way to go. There was definitely no need to wait around for the woman to answer the door...

...But...

Becca was absolutely terrified. What if Miss Professor Lainey forgot all about her? What if she didn't recognize her? What if Becca was all sad for the past few terms for NO reason and the woman had no heart for her sassy attitude and wit anymore?

...

Becca wiped her eyes as tears streamed down her face even more rapidly, turned sharply on her heel, and began to walk away from the office. Nononononono.
__________________
feeheeheeny is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 11:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Admin
Forum Manager
Events Admin

DERP & DMT
Demiguise
 
Tegz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hobbiton
Posts: 24,380

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Pax Calypso Upstead
Sixth Year

Student Character:
Testy McTesterson
Seventh Year
Slytherin

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Jarsdel
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Calyx Morgan-Bott
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Testina McTesterson
McTesterstons

Diagon Alley Employee:
Testy McTesterson Senior
McTestersons

x12 x12
Default
lives in a hobbit hole || Ern and Touz's Nuzzle || roflysst || looking at a seed packet

"Becca where are you... what are you doing?" Cela came up the corridor and looked at her dorm-mate with alarm. Realisation sloooowly seeping onto her face.

"Lainey's back." She repeated the obvious as she stopped in front of the other girl and caught her shoulders, anxiously taking in the tears.

She noted that Katie and Legend, two younger students she knew by name only, were already waiting and she looked at Becca again, releasing her shoulders and then solemnly offering her a clean handkerchief and a smile.

"I can come with you if you like." She offered tentatively, unsure if the other girl would like the idea. Cela was, after all these years, starting to get the distinct feeling that the other girl wasn't exactly a big fan. It was hard not to like her anyway.
__________________



love is like a letter wrote :: and life is like an envelope
be careful who you give it to :: they might not give it back to you
Tegz is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 11:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

Special Services to the School
Mod Babysitter

DMT
Dwarf
 
feeheeheeny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: #03A89E
Posts: 35,135

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Theodore "Teddy" James
Sixth Year
x11
Default
believe in yourselves | dream | try | do good | everything will be okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celandine View Post
"Becca where are you... what are you doing?" Cela came up the corridor and looked at her dorm-mate with alarm. Realisation sloooowly seeping onto her face.

"Lainey's back." She repeated the obvious as she stopped in front of the other girl and caught her shoulders, anxiously taking in the tears.

She noted that Katie and Legend, two younger students she knew by name only, were already waiting and she looked at Becca again, releasing her shoulders and then solemnly offering her a clean handkerchief and a smile.

"I can come with you if you like." She offered tentatively, unsure if the other girl would like the idea. Cela was, after all these years, starting to get the distinct feeling that the other girl wasn't exactly a big fan. It was hard not to like her anyway.
As if running away from the problem didn't hurt Becca's pride enough, Miss Perfect Head Girl came waltzing up. Ashamed and embarrassed, Becca refused to look Cela in the eyes and instead stared at the ground, anxiously wiping away her streams of tears. Her face might have exploded, if it were possible. Most of the blood in her system had surely whisked itself right to her cheeks, causing her entire face to grow deep red.

"...What if she doesn't... what if..." Becca stumbled around for the right words to explain her worries, sniffed hard, then looked up at Cela's concerned face for the first time. "What if she doesn't remember me anymore? What if she forgot our memories and fun jokes shared?" she whispered, a horrified expression on her face. "I... I..." She... didn't even know what to say. She simply continued to wipe her eyes with Cela's handkerchief. How pathetic.
__________________
feeheeheeny is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 11:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Admin
Forum Manager
Events Admin

DERP & DMT
Demiguise
 
Tegz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hobbiton
Posts: 24,380

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Pax Calypso Upstead
Sixth Year

Student Character:
Testy McTesterson
Seventh Year
Slytherin

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Jarsdel
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Calyx Morgan-Bott
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Testina McTesterson
McTesterstons

Diagon Alley Employee:
Testy McTesterson Senior
McTestersons

x12 x12
Default
lives in a hobbit hole || Ern and Touz's Nuzzle || roflysst || looking at a seed packet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grangerfn1 View Post
As if running away from the problem didn't hurt Becca's pride enough, Miss Perfect Head Girl came waltzing up. Ashamed and embarrassed, Becca refused to look Cela in the eyes and instead stared at the ground, anxiously wiping away her streams of tears. Her face might have exploded, if it were possible. Most of the blood in her system had surely whisked itself right to her cheeks, causing her entire face to grow deep red.

"...What if she doesn't... what if..." Becca stumbled around for the right words to explain her worries, sniffed hard, then looked up at Cela's concerned face for the first time. "What if she doesn't remember me anymore? What if she forgot our memories and fun jokes shared?" she whispered, a horrified expression on her face. "I... I..." She didn't even know what to say and continued to wipe her eyes with Cela's handkerchief. How pathetic.
"She'll remember." Celandine was confident about this one. "You used to write to her, didn't you? And she remembered me so of course she'll remember you. You're unforgettable! Even if I wanted to forget that you are a super good musician and and... soccer player, I couldn't. And you're a good friend," Maybe not to Cela, but to Juni and Issy and Melly, Becca had been nice to all of them,

"And." Cela gave Becca a proud look, "You're a Ravenclaw."

Obviously very important.

"We have to stick together, you know?" Celandine ventured quietly. "Ravenclaws. Just like we did at Belles. Lainey was there for all of us, that won't have changed just because you grew up a bit."
__________________



love is like a letter wrote :: and life is like an envelope
be careful who you give it to :: they might not give it back to you
Tegz is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 11:53 PM   #8 (permalink)

Special Services to the School
Mod Babysitter

DMT
Dwarf
 
feeheeheeny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: #03A89E
Posts: 35,135

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Theodore "Teddy" James
Sixth Year
x11
Default
believe in yourselves | dream | try | do good | everything will be okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celandine View Post
"She'll remember." Celandine was confident about this one. "You used to write to her, didn't you? And she remembered me so of course she'll remember you. You're unforgettable! Even if I wanted to forget that you are a super good musician and and... soccer player, I couldn't. And you're a good friend," Maybe not to Cela, but to Juni and Issy and Melly, Becca had been nice to all of them,

"And." Cela gave Becca a proud look, "You're a Ravenclaw."

Obviously very important.

"We have to stick together, you know?" Celandine ventured quietly. "Ravenclaws. Just like we did at Belles. Lainey was there for all of us, that won't have changed just because you grew up a bit."
Becca actually smiled a bit. Yeah, she had written Lainey letters on multiple occasions! "You're already talked to her?" She inquired, then realized that Cela was probably one of the many that had ventured up to the staff table at the feast. "How is she? Is she different? Is she still as crazy as ever?"

And... did Miss Head Girl really just compliment Becca?

As much as she wanted to thank Cela, she couldn't make herself do that... yet. Her pride was already throbbing from the many harsh stabs all within the past few minutes. She wiped her eyes again and finally regained some composure. It certainly wouldn't last for long, but Becca wanted to try to enter the office with at least an ounce of dignity left. "Will... you come with me?"
__________________
feeheeheeny is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 11:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMC & SA
Banshee
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 50,208
x2 x3
Default
Fortress of Brilliance ღ Mommy Quad

Katie sighed heavily, seeing the Gryffindor take out something from his pocket. It wasn't the same as last time, much to her surprise, but no better; he scribbled a note, which he presented to her quickly. He hadn't said a word, but attitude was also written alllll over that page. "Oh, hush you!" She said, barely above a whisper. The works flew from her mouth before she could take them back, and immediately she wished she could. Urgh. "I didn't mean it literally. You know that. Would you stop with the notes? How many times do I have to say I'm sorry before it sinks through that thick skull?" The badger student frowned, glancing once at Legend, who leaned himself against the wall, and then over to an older girl approaching.

It only took a moment for her to realize who the girl was, and that she seemed upset? Katie thought about saying something, but Becca turned to leave and another female Ravenclaw came down the corridor and began to speak to her. Not wanting to be rude for staring, the young girl turned her attention back to the blonde boy and pressed her lips together in a firm line. He had better not say a word about the Ravenclaw looking upset, Katie thought, knowing boys in general - but especially Legend, - were not good at being sympathetic and had a habit of saying stupid things at the wrong times.
__________________
Dream. Try. Do Good.
I love you all,
Class dismissed.
D.A Forever is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 11:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Admin
Forum Manager
Events Admin

DERP & DMT
Demiguise
 
Tegz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hobbiton
Posts: 24,380

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Pax Calypso Upstead
Sixth Year

Student Character:
Testy McTesterson
Seventh Year
Slytherin

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Jarsdel
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Calyx Morgan-Bott
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Testina McTesterson
McTesterstons

Diagon Alley Employee:
Testy McTesterson Senior
McTestersons

x12 x12
Default
lives in a hobbit hole || Ern and Touz's Nuzzle || roflysst || looking at a seed packet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grangerfn1 View Post
Becca actually smiled a bit. Yeah, she had written Lainey letters on multiple occasions! "You're already talked to her?" She inquired, then realized that Cela was probably one of the many that had ventured up to the staff table at the feast. "How is she? Is she different? Is she still as crazy as ever?"

And... did Miss Head Girl really just compliment Becca?

As much as she wanted to thank Cela, she couldn't make herself do that... yet. Her pride was already throbbing from the many harsh stabs all within the past few minutes. She wiped her eyes again and finally regained some composure. It certainly wouldn't last for long, but Becca wanted to try to enter the office with at least an ounce of dignity left. "Will... you come with me?"
"She didn't like being up there. I think it was like a timewarp. I heard other, new professors talk to her like they used to be her students. I think she's just as scared as you are." Celandine decided. After a long pause she added, "But she's still Professor Lainey."

Cela drew her wand and flicked it at the handkerchief, drying it off for more use since it had got soggy with tears quite fast.

"Of course I will." Cela gave Becca a tug over to the plaque and pointed at it, a smile on her face. "Professor Truebridge was really good and all, but this is the way its supposed to be."

Yup. Even the spelling mistake felt right.

Anjelica Lainey, History of Magic.
__________________



love is like a letter wrote :: and life is like an envelope
be careful who you give it to :: they might not give it back to you
Tegz is offline  
Old 05-07-2010, 12:17 AM   #11 (permalink)

Special Services to the School
Mod Babysitter

DMT
Dwarf
 
feeheeheeny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: #03A89E
Posts: 35,135

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Theodore "Teddy" James
Sixth Year
x11
Default
believe in yourselves | dream | try | do good | everything will be okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celandine View Post
"She didn't like being up there. I think it was like a timewarp. I heard other, new professors talk to her like they used to be her students. I think she's just as scared as you are." Celandine decided. After a long pause she added, "But she's still Professor Lainey."

Cela drew her wand and flicked it at the handkerchief, drying it off for more use since it had got soggy with tears quite fast.

"Of course I will." Cela gave Becca a tug over to the plaque and pointed at it, a smile on her face. "Professor Truebridge was really good and all, but this is the way its supposed to be."

Yup. Even the spelling mistake felt right.

Anjelica Lainey, History of Magic.
Becca pondered for a moment, long and hard. "Scared? She's fearless," she declared with a firm head nod. "Ex-Auror, crime fighter, coolest professor known to Hogwarts! She can handle anything." As true as this may or may not have been, it was cheering Becca up quite a bit. She gripped the newly dried handkerchief tightly as Cela gave her a small push towards the door. "Um... before I forget?" Awkward pause. "Thanks, Cela."

Deep breath innnn... and out. She threw in a quick sniffle to clear her nasal passage for the time being. Then Becca slipped past the other two students, raised a fist to knock, shook her head at her own foolishness, and opened the door. "Miss Professor Lainey?"
__________________
feeheeheeny is offline  
Old 05-07-2010, 09:31 AM   #12 (permalink)

Hinkypunk
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Home [GMT+ 8]
Posts: 12,172

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jillian Hennessey Applehans
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Declan Reece Wynter
Minister's Office
Default
Bagel Bites Perpetually kept by Erin

Cedric scurried down the corridor where Professor Lainey's corridor could be seen. He was really eager to see her, and talk to her. She's pretty epic! Ced wondered how she was like. He hoped she was kind... and definitely don't bite people. But no matter how the teacher was like, Ced had to see her 'cause he was intrigued. Hehe.

He noticed other students who were already making their way to the said professor's office, and he hoped they wouldn't mind him taggin' along. And ooh, there was Cela. "Hey Cela." He greeted the amiable Head Girl, and he smiled at the other people around. He recognized that the other two girls kinda look alike. Shrug.
__________________
Wenzlebug is offline  
Old 05-07-2010, 11:53 PM   #13 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

Diricawl
 
Mad Eye Touz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Throne.
Posts: 26,834

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zahra Kettleburn
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
CJ Cooper
Default
Inside Kitty | HIT ENTER | UNO Queen

"Don't know WHY you lot are standing out here." Yes. You. All of you: Katie, Legend, Becca, Celandine, Cedric. She didn't know them all by name yet, but YOU all the same.


In her arms, Lainey was carrying a book, a little figurine dinosaur, and an apple balanced on top. "Just go on in!! I'm sure it's unlocked and my candy jar is full. You guys..." Lainey paused as she made her way through the small crowd to stare at the tears on Becca's face, "... already got problems? Surely not. Hm. Either way, come on in. Sit down. Floor, chair, desk. Come on."

Lainey pushed on through to her office and tossed her load into her chair. "SooOOooooo? Sup?" she turned, hands on hips, and looked expectantly from face to shining face.
__________________
Mad Eye Touz is offline  
Old 05-08-2010, 12:15 AM   #14 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


SS Featured Author
Clabbert
 
Kaos.Doodles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Vaes Dothrak
Posts: 19,233

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Takeru Asakura
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Legend Chosen
Magical Law Enforcement

x5 x7
Default
★ BabyQuad ★ PERRY THE PLATYPUS ★ Ern's Fave ★ dangerous with brooms ★

Thick?! THICK?!? He did NOT have a thick skull. Legends skull was perfect normal thank you very much. Sure he would stop writing the notes to Katie. But he wasn't gonna talk either. So SHE would have to deal with that because apparently the midget thought she was all high and mighty now.

And then there was a crying girl and some other girl and this other dude. Legend rolled his eyes, Hogwarts contained too much drama. This was not a soap opera.

OH and then Professor Lainey had come. So..she wasn't in her office? Legend had to take note that this lady seemed a bit loony...no wonder Alexis had said she was cool. Taking out his notepad as he entered the office he quickly wrote something and then passed it on to the Professor. It simply read:

"Hello Professor. My name is Legend and I am not too sure about that crying Claw or that other girl or that other dude but I'm pretty sure that Katie (the midget Hufflepuff with an attitude issue) has a problem.....her brain."

Annnnd he had said- rather written all that he needed to write.
__________________

{act like you know me, but you never will}__{but there's one thing that I know for sure}

{i'll show you}
Kaos.Doodles is offline  
Old 05-08-2010, 12:55 AM   #15 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMC & SA
Banshee
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 50,208
x2 x3
Default Permission from Dani to attack Legend *whistle*
Fortress of Brilliance ღ Mommy Quad

THAT voice did not belong to a student, Katie immediately realized and turned to see Professor Lainey make her way over to them; the growing group of children, and proceeded into the office as she spoke, inviting them inside. The Hufflepuff nodded, adding a "Thanks, Professor." for the sake of being polite and followed closely behind Legend.

"Me and Legend" Katie pointed at the taller figure beside her, absently taking note of his scribbling again. What was he writing now? "just wanted to come and-" the young girl stopped, reading the message Legend wrote before he handed his notepad to the Professor. "LEGEND CHOSEN!" Why had she brought him along again?

Katie smacked Legend's arm, giving him a fierce little glare. HMMPH! "Do you have to ALWAYS do that? Can't you be NICE for once in your short life?!" It would stay short if he did not knock it off! She was already planning his date with Barty the giant squid. Because yes, he had that coming.

Crossing her arms, Katie turned and walked a few feet away from the Gryffindor, obviously not happy with him. Her dark eyes traveled back to the Professor, a faint blush creeping into her cheeks from the little scene 'Legend had caused'. Stupid boys. "Sorry Professor.. feel free to ignore him; my brain is fine. His on the other hand is another story, but I don't think that's fixable."
__________________
Dream. Try. Do Good.
I love you all,
Class dismissed.

Last edited by D.A Forever; 05-08-2010 at 12:57 AM. Reason: fixing my coding
D.A Forever is offline  
Old 05-08-2010, 01:35 AM   #16 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

Diricawl
 
Mad Eye Touz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Throne.
Posts: 26,834

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zahra Kettleburn
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
CJ Cooper
Default
Inside Kitty | HIT ENTER | UNO Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos.Doodles View Post
Thick?! THICK?!? He did NOT have a thick skull. Legends skull was perfect normal thank you very much. Sure he would stop writing the notes to Katie. But he wasn't gonna talk either. So SHE would have to deal with that because apparently the midget thought she was all high and mighty now.

And then there was a crying girl and some other girl and this other dude. Legend rolled his eyes, Hogwarts contained too much drama. This was not a soap opera.

OH and then Professor Lainey had come. So..she wasn't in her office? Legend had to take note that this lady seemed a bit loony...no wonder Alexis had said she was cool. Taking out his notepad as he entered the office he quickly wrote something and then passed it on to the Professor. It simply read:

"Hello Professor. My name is Legend and I am not too sure about that crying Claw or that other girl or that other dude but I'm pretty sure that Katie (the midget Hufflepuff with an attitude issue) has a problem.....her brain."

Annnnd he had said- rather written all that he needed to write.

Lainey took the note and after a quick skim, read it out loud.

..

"How do you know something is wrong with her brain? Perhaps, and this is just speculation since we only just met - pleasure to meet you, by the way - it's your brain that is muddled. Maybe your brain is sending you mixed signals. I'd suggest dissection, but I find both of your heads to be too lovely to ..." Lainey trailed off, clearly having went a bit far.


Just to smooth things over she reached over and gave each child a simultaneous little head pat. Right then, all better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.A Forever View Post
THAT voice did not belong to a student, Katie immediately realized and turned to see Professor Lainey make her way over to them; the growing group of children, and proceeded into the office as she spoke, inviting them inside. The Hufflepuff nodded, adding a "Thanks, Professor." for the sake of being polite and followed closely behind Legend.

"Me and Legend" Katie pointed at the taller figure beside her, absently taking note of his scribbling again. What was he writing now? "just wanted to come and-" the young girl stopped, reading the message Legend wrote before he handed his notepad to the Professor. "LEGEND CHOSEN!" Why had she brought him along again?

Katie smacked Legend's arm, giving him a fierce little glare. HMMPH! "Do you have to ALWAYS do that? Can't you be NICE for once in your short life?!" It would stay short if he did not knock it off! She was already planning his date with Barty the giant squid. Because yes, he had that coming.

Crossing her arms, Katie turned and walked a few feet away from the Gryffindor, obviously not happy with him. Her dark eyes traveled back to the Professor, a faint blush creeping into her cheeks from the little scene 'Legend had caused'. Stupid boys. "Sorry Professor.. feel free to ignore him; my brain is fine. His on the other hand is another story, but I don't think that's fixable."

"Your name is Legend Chosen? Someone's parents had a sense of humor," and seeing how Lainey named her own child after cheese, she certainly appreciated the funny. "You two are cute. I think I like you, but I guess time will tell." She produced her big candy pot and held it in front of her. "Candy?"
__________________
Mad Eye Touz is offline  
Old 05-08-2010, 02:19 AM   #17 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


SS Featured Author
Clabbert
 
Kaos.Doodles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Vaes Dothrak
Posts: 19,233

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Takeru Asakura
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Legend Chosen
Magical Law Enforcement

x5 x7
Default
★ BabyQuad ★ PERRY THE PLATYPUS ★ Ern's Fave ★ dangerous with brooms ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.A Forever View Post
THAT voice did not belong to a student, Katie immediately realized and turned to see Professor Lainey make her way over to them; the growing group of children, and proceeded into the office as she spoke, inviting them inside. The Hufflepuff nodded, adding a "Thanks, Professor." for the sake of being polite and followed closely behind Legend.

"Me and Legend" Katie pointed at the taller figure beside her, absently taking note of his scribbling again. What was he writing now? "just wanted to come and-" the young girl stopped, reading the message Legend wrote before he handed his notepad to the Professor. "LEGEND CHOSEN!" Why had she brought him along again?

Katie smacked Legend's arm, giving him a fierce little glare. HMMPH! "Do you have to ALWAYS do that? Can't you be NICE for once in your short life?!" It would stay short if he did not knock it off! She was already planning his date with Barty the giant squid. Because yes, he had that coming.

Crossing her arms, Katie turned and walked a few feet away from the Gryffindor, obviously not happy with him. Her dark eyes traveled back to the Professor, a faint blush creeping into her cheeks from the little scene 'Legend had caused'. Stupid boys. "Sorry Professor.. feel free to ignore him; my brain is fine. His on the other hand is another story, but I don't think that's fixable."

Annd Katie had taken the bait. She was so easy to control, so simple so- "OWOWOWOW THE PAIN." Legend yelled abruptly as he clutched his arm that Katie had hit. "See Professor! She's absolutely mental! And she has anger issues." Oh yes he was talking. But he wasn't talking to Katie. So it didn't count, even if his voice was completely uneven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Eye Touz View Post
Lainey took the note and after a quick skim, read it out loud.

..

"How do you know something is wrong with her brain? Perhaps, and this is just speculation since we only just met - pleasure to meet you, by the way - it's your brain that is muddled. Maybe your brain is sending you mixed signals. I'd suggest dissection, but I find both of your heads to be too lovely to ..." Lainey trailed off, clearly having went a bit far.


Just to smooth things over she reached over and gave each child a simultaneous little head pat. Right then, all better.




"Your name is Legend Chosen? Someone's parents had a sense of humor," and seeing how Lainey named her own child after cheese, she certainly appreciated the funny. "You two are cute. I think I like you, but I guess time will tell." She produced her big candy pot and held it in front of her. "Candy?"

WHAT?! Was this Professor implying that Katie was the normal one and he was....crazy? Nonononono. That just was NOT right. Legend opened his mouth, then closed it again, then reached for his notepad and then stopped. "What? No mixed messages, come from my brain. I'm a genius and she's a loon." He would NOT let Lainey think that Katie was normal and he was some loonytoon.

Legend blinked once and then twice then smiled. This was actually becoming very interesting. "Actually my real name is Lysander, but I think that's more cruel than a joke don't you?"
__________________

{act like you know me, but you never will}__{but there's one thing that I know for sure}

{i'll show you}
Kaos.Doodles is offline  
Old 05-08-2010, 03:16 AM   #18 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMC & SA
Banshee
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 50,208
x2 x3
Default
Fortress of Brilliance ღ Mommy Quad

Oooooh, Katie LIKED this woman. Not only did she not agree with Legend, but she reversed his suggestion and.. well, the dissection thing was a liiiittle weird but that was beside the point. Clearly, she had underestimated what Savannah (and Alexis) had told her about certain (mostily former) Professors. Like Lainey and her awesomeness. Katie stuck her tongue out at Legend. Childish or not, she couldn't find the will to care at the moment.

.. The Professor patted her head? And Legend's. But he was probably use to that. "His real name isn't Legend, it's just what he goes by." She informed her, brushing a stray curl back and glanced to Legend. He was actually talking! Finally. Katie shook her head at his complaints, saying, "Aw, stop being a baby, Legend. I barely touched you." Okay, sooo.. not true. But she hadn't hit him that hard! Mental? "Says the boy who refuses to speak when he's more than capable of it, and uses a notepad instead."

And.. he told her his name. That was shocking. Maybe he was warming up to Lainey, too. Katie beamed up at Lainey, pleased to hear she thought they were cute. HOW they had managed such a compliment while bickering, she had no idea and would not be questioning it either. "Thank you, Professor." Katie added, taking a piece of candy from the jar. "And I try to be. I'm Kaitlynnh Mae, by the way, Katie for short."

"We've both heard of you before, but you weren't teaching anymore when we were first years. And since you're back, we wanted to come meet you." The Hufflepuff explained with a small nod, tossing the candy into her mouth to suck on.
__________________
Dream. Try. Do Good.
I love you all,
Class dismissed.
D.A Forever is offline  
Old 05-08-2010, 04:46 AM   #19 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

Diricawl
 
Mad Eye Touz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Throne.
Posts: 26,834

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zahra Kettleburn
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
CJ Cooper
Default
Inside Kitty | HIT ENTER | UNO Queen

Lainey put her candy pot back on her desk after picking out a green peppermint. The green ones were new and in tribute to Slytherins. She just like them (the mints and the Slytherins). During all these explanations and chatters back and forth, and the deep name-giving moment, and finally the reason for this visit, Lainey busied herself with trying to open the plastic wrapper the candy was being held hostage in.


Finally, though, she emancipated it and popped it into her mouth.



"I see," she started, though what exactly she SAW was, admittedly, a bit vague. "I think it's a pretty name. Both of them. You're both VERY pretty young people, so pretty names are appropriate. However," Lainey moved the candy around in her mouth noticeably and waved her hand around to insinuate she was about to make a point. "You call YOURSELF Legend? That is one.... well... " Gryffindor, " large self-given nickname. I think it's impressive. Self confidence is important. Hooray for Legend!"


Lainey totally did an awkward, ridiculous high kick for him.


"I wouldn't believe everything you hear, Katie Mae. Or, believe it, I suppose but know that there was probably a pretty good explanation behind it." Noooo telling what these kids had heard about her. Heh.
__________________
Mad Eye Touz is offline  
Old 05-08-2010, 05:01 AM   #20 (permalink)

Hinkypunk
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Home [GMT+ 8]
Posts: 12,172

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jillian Hennessey Applehans
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Declan Reece Wynter
Minister's Office
Default
Bagel Bites Perpetually kept by Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Eye Touz View Post
"Don't know WHY you lot are standing out here." Yes. You. All of you: Katie, Legend, Becca, Celandine, Cedric. She didn't know them all by name yet, but YOU all the same.


In her arms, Lainey was carrying a book, a little figurine dinosaur, and an apple balanced on top. "Just go on in!! I'm sure it's unlocked and my candy jar is full. You guys..." Lainey paused as she made her way through the small crowd to stare at the tears on Becca's face, "... already got problems? Surely not. Hm. Either way, come on in. Sit down. Floor, chair, desk. Come on."

Lainey pushed on through to her office and tossed her load into her chair. "SooOOooooo? Sup?" she turned, hands on hips, and looked expectantly from face to shining face.
Cedric grimaced as he heard the door creaked open. He turned and saw the professor who was carrying some stuffs. He fixed his gaze upon her, skeptically studying the noted HoM professor for a minute.

Hmm, was she really Professor Lainey or someone must have been disguising to replace her? It was just that she didn't came across as Ced expected her to be. He thought that she was strict, austere, and sort of intimidating but as it perfectly seemed, he'd got it all wrong. Professor Lainey seemed really, really cool and he liked it. Cedric eagerly strode into the office and watched the other people as they did the same. He then chuckled a bit as Professor Lainey said to the other guy that his mind was muddled.

"Hey professor. I'm Cedric Nicholas Leone, 5th year Hufflepuff." He introduced himself deferentially and then his eyes landed on a figurine dinosaur, he didn't notice it before but he actually found it cute.
__________________
Wenzlebug is offline  
Old 05-08-2010, 05:13 AM   #21 (permalink)

Special Services to the School
Mod Babysitter

DMT
Dwarf
 
feeheeheeny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: #03A89E
Posts: 35,135

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Theodore "Teddy" James
Sixth Year
x11
Default
believe in yourselves | dream | try | do good | everything will be okay

Becca... was even more frightened than before. She stared long and hard at her housemate, unsure of... what to do. Or what was going on. I really can't do this, her expression clearly communicated to Cela. Lainey had just taken one look and walked right past her! And then, due to Becca's hesitance, the other students meandered into the office before her and started their conversations.

...

Her choices were to walk away and just have Cela pull her back, or to be bold and take a stand on her own.

...

Becca simply entered the office with her head held high, strolled right over to Miss Professor Lainey, and gave her the tightest hug she had given anyone in a very, very long time. She didn't have anything to say at the moment. Or maybe there was just too much to say. And so, instead, silent tears fell. That was communication enough.
__________________
feeheeheeny is offline  
Old 05-08-2010, 05:19 AM   #22 (permalink)
Admin
Forum Manager
Events Admin

DERP & DMT
Demiguise
 
Tegz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hobbiton
Posts: 24,380

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Pax Calypso Upstead
Sixth Year

Student Character:
Testy McTesterson
Seventh Year
Slytherin

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Jarsdel
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Calyx Morgan-Bott
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Testina McTesterson
McTesterstons

Diagon Alley Employee:
Testy McTesterson Senior
McTestersons

x12 x12
Default
lives in a hobbit hole || Ern and Touz's Nuzzle || roflysst || looking at a seed packet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grangerfn1 View Post
Becca... was even more frightened than before. She stared long and hard at her housemate, unsure of... what to do. Or what was going on. I really can't do this, her expression clearly communicated to Cela. Lainey had just taken one look and walked right past her! And then, due to Becca's hesitance, the other students meandered into the office before her and started their conversations.

...

Her choices were to walk away and just have Cela pull her back, or to be bold and take a stand on her own.

...

Becca simply entered the office with her head held high, strolled right over to Miss Professor Lainey, and gave her the tightest hug she had given anyone in a very, very long time. She didn't have anything to say at the moment. Or maybe there was just too much to say. And so, instead, silent tears fell. That was communication enough.
Celandine nodded at Becca. She SO could. She was Ravenclaw! She could do anything! Cela was pleased when Becca got all brave and went in. Cela followed, almost skipping like she still did the last time Lainey had been teaching, but she stopped herself and walked all sedately and responsibly. You know, exaaample.

She waved briefly at Cedric and sat down, beaming at Becca's back. Her work here was do... HELLO THAR candy jar.
__________________



love is like a letter wrote :: and life is like an envelope
be careful who you give it to :: they might not give it back to you
Tegz is offline  
Old 05-08-2010, 08:36 AM   #23 (permalink)
Moderator
Quibbler Mod



MO & DMLE
Sphinx
 
Felixir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Posts: 48,624

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kamran Kazmi
Graduated

Student Character:
Nemesis Upstead
Sixth Year
Slytherin

Ministry RPG Name:
Jake Upstead
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12
Default
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

With the paper bag still folded neatly in his pocket, Jake had spent the first day of term searching the school for the scary omnom lady so he could return it... and hopefully deduce that she wasn't as crazy as he'd thought.

So he'd started at the bottom of the castle and worked his way up... meaning that naturally, the first classroom he actually stopped at (knowing that the teacher would be new) was the right one. Jake stopped outside the room just in time to see...

Candy.

"WANT!"

Ahem...

...

Well that wasn't supposed to happen.

Nor was the bouncing up and down he was currently doing as he stared through the open door.
__________________

it's no big surprise you turned out this way _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ __.

when they closed their eyes and prayed you would change
Felixir is offline  
Old 05-08-2010, 05:17 PM   #24 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

Diricawl
 
Mad Eye Touz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Throne.
Posts: 26,834

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zahra Kettleburn
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
CJ Cooper
Default
Inside Kitty | HIT ENTER | UNO Queen

Lainey stood at attention and saluted Mr. Cedric of Hufflepuff. "Welcome aboard, sir." Or, you know, something like that. "You're eyeballing my dinosaur." Fact. He was. Lainey eyed it for a moment, too, then back to Cedric.


... Then to Becca. Huummmmmm. Awkward. Lainey never had been very good with tears and weird things. She was weird herself so fixing weird was.... well. What to do, what to do. "This office is SO DUSTY. I'm writing to that Truebridge fella and the other dude that was in here. For SHAME, making your allergies go ape. For SHAME. I'll write them right now." Or just hug and pat at Becca. One of those.


Now that Becca and Cela were in, Lainey pulled the candy jar back out. Mostly peppermints, some red, most green, but there were a few other goodies in and among the brimming jar. "Cela. If I recall, YOU like candy. Here," Lainey nudged the jar her way, hauling Becca with her as she moved. She might have sent Cela a HELPME look, but who could really tell.


"Oh!" Oh lookit everyone! "Bag boy! You feeling better now, young man?" Lainey regarded Jake with much more amusement than earlier. Now that they all were away from the stresses of the Staff Table, she was feeling much better. Much more herself. Surrounded by children, as it should be.
__________________
Mad Eye Touz is offline  
Old 05-08-2010, 06:07 PM   #25 (permalink)

Special Services to the School
Mod Babysitter

DMT
Dwarf
 
feeheeheeny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: #03A89E
Posts: 35,135

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Theodore "Teddy" James
Sixth Year
x11
Default
believe in yourselves | dream | try | do good | everything will be okay

Becca wiped her eyes with Cela's handkerchief and pulled away, looking up at Lainey with wonderous eyes. Was... she supposed to feel offended by her Truebridge joke?

Before she could let herself feel any more insignificant, the Ravenclaw pulled away from her former Head of House. With tears glistening in her eyes but no longer falling, she gave Lainey a hard look of confusion and half-whispered, "I... missed you too?" Then she turned around and left the office just like that, not even stealing a glance at Cela or any of the other students present.
__________________
feeheeheeny is offline  
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:26 PM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208