sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

There are 214 users online including...
sweetpinkpixie , Ringo , 2111jen , Uncle Moose , MashaKeque , Granger Danger , nicole black , AnDus , Hunterpug , onfrontstock

15 members
199 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Diagon Alley > South Side

South Side From Gringotts Wizarding Bank to Madam Primpernelle's, there are numerous shops to visit and places to socialise.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 09-23-2018, 06:00 PM
Zoe Zoe is offline
 
Default Owl Post Office


Since 1536 the Owl Post Office has been serving the greater London area, by helping you deliver what you need to be delivered. Whether it’s a letter or a package, our owls can do the job. We have five owls who can provide a variety of delivery services. As you head through the foyer inside the Owl Post Office you will notice the newly renovated shop. All new furniture has replaced the old and very dated.

Off to the left and the right of the entrance is a bright and long row writing desks. Chairs are lined up in various spaces to seat down and relax. In the back corners on either the left or right are post office boxes, available for purchase. Ask the staff on duty for more information. Straight ahead from the foyer is rather large open space greets those entering the Owl Post Office the only real landmark is a long, rectangular stone Owl Post service desk. Written across the front panel in large, curvy print are the words "Owl Post Office". Against the wall there are three boxes; your letters, when placed in there by an employee, will vanish (to the mailroom of course).

If you approach the desk and find it empty, there is a small silver bell just off to the left. Just one ring please the enchanted bell will make no discernible sound when pressed. Next to the Owl Post service desk, several large racks have been set up. Neatly stacked inside each slot are various postcards, each depicting a different area of Diagon Alley and other notable landmarks of the greater wizarding United Kingdom. Quidditch and Gobstone team postcards can be found here as well. There are many to choose from!

Text Cut: Inventory

Postcards: 3 Sickles

Letters:
Economy: 3 Knuts, 4 Knuts, 12 Knuts, 16 knuts
Standard: 4 Knuts, 6 Knuts, 12 knuts
Express: 6 Sickles, 12 Sickles

Packages::
Small: 5 sickles
Medium: 10 sickles
Large: 15 sickles

Post office box:
Small 5 sickles/Monthly
Medium 10 sickles /Monthly
Large 15 sickles/Monthly

Custom wax seal stamp:
pricing upon request
Text Cut: Sending an Owl Post
To use the Owl Post system across the Wizarding Word, please complete the following OOC steps:
  1. Fill out the Owl Post survey the necessary information (note that not completely filling out the survey may result in your letter/package taking longer to deliver).
    • Remember to include the username of the person the letter is intended for in the "To" section.
    • Remember to include a link to where the recipient is located in the SSRPGs so the delivery can be made easily.
    • If you are sending a package and wish to use images as visuals, remember to upload to your own image hosting account. Hotlinking images will result in your owl post not being delivered.
    • If you have a certain date OOC that you would like your letter to be delivered by, specify that in the last question of the survey.
  2. Post in this thread purchasing the Owl Post delivery service. We would love to role-play with you!
This shop is STAFFED by ZachaŽl Lufkin (sweetpinkpixie).
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 02:50 AM   #26 (permalink)

Site Manager



DMLE & DMAC
Sea Serpent
 
Cassirin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: *Nom nom nom*
Posts: 41,643

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe James
First Year

x7 x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Carrigan Howard
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Grace Bones-Miarkos had dropped a letter home by owl post a week ago, and now she was stalking the place. It wasn't that she needed to send more notes home to her parents, overprotective as they may be (or just her father, honestly). No, she just liked looking at that dreamboat shopkeeper.

Grace had never considered herself to be shy, but she wasn't that interested in talking to him or approaching him and ruining the illusion. To the contrary, she wanted to pretend that he was a lot more interesting than he probably was. But he was dreamy, so here she was, standing just outside the shop and pretending to be very interested in international owl rates.
__________________
xoxox
Cassirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 12:47 PM   #27 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
Co-DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Erumpent
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Equestria
Posts: 34,000

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eiji Rasting
Fifth Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
ZachaŽl Lufkin
Owl Post
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
Grace Bones-Miarkos had dropped a letter home by owl post a week ago, and now she was stalking the place. It wasn't that she needed to send more notes home to her parents, overprotective as they may be (or just her father, honestly). No, she just liked looking at that dreamboat shopkeeper.

Grace had never considered herself to be shy, but she wasn't that interested in talking to him or approaching him and ruining the illusion. To the contrary, she wanted to pretend that he was a lot more interesting than he probably was. But he was dreamy, so here she was, standing just outside the shop and pretending to be very interested in international owl rates.
ZachaŽl had been having a DAY of it with his owls. Mangig and Herjenmie were teaming up against Furmgoat and trying pull out his tail feathers and all of them were proving to be virtually impossible to get back in their cages for timeout. At least Waful was well disciplined and watching it all unapprovingly from his perch while Nuria was out on delivery. Which, for anyone who cared, was her first delivery since the acromantula incident - so ZachaŽl was incredibly proud of her.

It took a lot of persuasion on his part, but eventually he was able to wrangle all three of the owls into some form of submission and had assigned each of them a delivery of their own to occupy them for a few hours at least. Ought to give him enough time to, er, clean up the disaster that was the backroom of the shop now.

Walking out of the shop, an owl on each shoulder and then another resting on his arm, ZachaŽl whistled sharply to signal to them to take flight and watched them until they were specks in the distance....and then noticed that there was a woman standing outside the Owl Post.

"Salutations," he greeted her with a small bow of the head, unaware of plethora of tawny owl feathers stuck in his chocolate curls.
__________________


sometimes the only payoff for having any faith is when it's tested again and again every day....
I'm still comparing your past to my future; it might be over but they're not sutures....
I am the sand bottom half of the hourglass; I try to picture me without you but I can't....
sweetpinkpixie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 01:59 AM   #28 (permalink)

Site Manager



DMLE & DMAC
Sea Serpent
 
Cassirin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: *Nom nom nom*
Posts: 41,643

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe James
First Year

x7 x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Carrigan Howard
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

ZachaŽl had been having a DAY of it with his owls. Mangig and Herjenmie were teaming up against Furmgoat and trying pull out his tail feathers and all of them were proving to be virtually impossible to get back in their cages for timeout. At least Waful was well disciplined and watching it all unapprovingly from his perch while Nuria was out on delivery. Which, for anyone who cared, was her first delivery since the acromantula incident - so ZachaŽl was incredibly proud of her.

It took a lot of persuasion on his part, but eventually he was able to wrangle all three of the owls into some form of submission and had assigned each of them a delivery of their own to occupy them for a few hours at least. Ought to give him enough time to, er, clean up the disaster that was the backroom of the shop now.

Walking out of the shop, an owl on each shoulder and then another resting on his arm, ZachaŽl whistled sharply to signal to them to take flight and watched them until they were specks in the distance....and then noticed that there was a woman standing outside the Owl Post.

"Salutations," he greeted her with a small bow of the head, unaware of plethora of tawny owl feathers stuck in his chocolate curls.
Well, poop on a biscuit. Grace had been so intensely focused on looking nonchalant, interesting but not interested, and gorgeous (but in an unstudied sort of way) that she hadn't realized the shopkeeper was no longer IN the shop. In fact, at some point, she'd stopped checking on the shopkeeper and had started making pretty pouts at herself in the glass, which probably was deeply upsetting to the owls.

And now here was the man himself, covered in feathers and looking at her. Hard to pretend she was just interested in the owls now that the man had apparently LOST ALL HIS OWLS. "Salad... what?" No, focus. Do not admire strong jaw lines or ruffled curls. "SALUTATIONS. Do you sell... hats... here?"

Maybe someone could drop a house on her.
__________________
xoxox
Cassirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 03:23 PM   #29 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
Co-DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Erumpent
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Equestria
Posts: 34,000

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eiji Rasting
Fifth Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
ZachaŽl Lufkin
Owl Post
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

He would be truly tickled to know that she was under the impression that he had lost any of his owls. He had never misplaced one since his university days when he had botched the address on an owl he was sending from Hogwarts. Determined little creature, the owl had not returned until it had found the destination which, was to say, never.

Entirely unintentional and he had only been 16 at the time.

"I...pardon?" he asked cordially at the mention of...salads? Had she mistaken his establishment for the Leaky Cauldron? That would certainly be a first. "Ah not. I'm afraid not. This here behind me is the finest postal service the wizarding world has to offer, the Owl Post. Which also offers custom stationary and hand whittled wooden wax seal stamps created by yours truly," he explained, his hand resting across his chest as he bowed slightly from the waist. "If it's hats your seeking, you'll be wanting to stop by Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions. Opposite end of the Alley."
__________________


sometimes the only payoff for having any faith is when it's tested again and again every day....
I'm still comparing your past to my future; it might be over but they're not sutures....
I am the sand bottom half of the hourglass; I try to picture me without you but I can't....
sweetpinkpixie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 02:17 AM   #30 (permalink)

Site Manager



DMLE & DMAC
Sea Serpent
 
Cassirin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: *Nom nom nom*
Posts: 41,643

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe James
First Year

x7 x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Carrigan Howard
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
He would be truly tickled to know that she was under the impression that he had lost any of his owls. He had never misplaced one since his university days when he had botched the address on an owl he was sending from Hogwarts. Determined little creature, the owl had not returned until it had found the destination which, was to say, never.

Entirely unintentional and he had only been 16 at the time.

"I...pardon?" he asked cordially at the mention of...salads? Had she mistaken his establishment for the Leaky Cauldron? That would certainly be a first. "Ah not. I'm afraid not. This here behind me is the finest postal service the wizarding world has to offer, the Owl Post. Which also offers custom stationary and hand whittled wooden wax seal stamps created by yours truly," he explained, his hand resting across his chest as he bowed slightly from the waist. "If it's hats your seeking, you'll be wanting to stop by Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions. Opposite end of the Alley."
This was going marvelously well. Was it too late to just disapparate herself right into a lake somewhere? She wasn't bright or interesting or casually disinterested or anything but acting the idiot. Grace tilted her chin up and gave him a chilly look that she'd learned from her mother. We are not amused.

"I suppose I could examine this custom stationary. I actually already own a hat. All the hats." Yes, of course. She was the hat tyrant of England and all the hats were in her maniacal clutches. "Shall we go inside?"
__________________
xoxox
Cassirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:44 AM   #31 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
Co-DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Erumpent
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Equestria
Posts: 34,000

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eiji Rasting
Fifth Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
ZachaŽl Lufkin
Owl Post
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Bloody hell. What was that look all about? He was merely answering her question, so the chilly response was hardly warranted. Tilting his head to the side, he twirls a few of his chocolate curls and studied her a bit....curiously. The reception was one that almost made him wonder if he had some wet owl droppings on his shoulder, or worse...in his hair, but his concerns were slightly relieved as she suggested going inside to take a peek at the stationary options.

And apparently asking about whether or not he sold hats had been a rhetorial inquiry? Scoping out the competition? Bloody hell if he knew.

"Certainly," nods cordially as he pulls open and holds the door for her. "I start all the way at the beginning with paper selection. If you just take a seat over at the table there by the window I'll be right back with my binder of samples for you to look at."
__________________


sometimes the only payoff for having any faith is when it's tested again and again every day....
I'm still comparing your past to my future; it might be over but they're not sutures....
I am the sand bottom half of the hourglass; I try to picture me without you but I can't....
sweetpinkpixie is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:02 AM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177