sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 450 users online including...
Methrenhow , NadineBeara , Lavillhorse , Harron Peasley , Chelliephone

7 members
443 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Diagon Alley > South Side


South Side From Gringotts Wizarding Bank to Madam Primpernelle's, there are numerous shops to visit and places to socialise.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 10-05-2022, 12:47 AM
sweetpinkpixie sweetpinkpixie is offline
 
Default Butterbeer Cart



Has all of your shopping worn you out and left you in need of some hydration? From the south side of Diagon Alley, the Leaky Cauldron is quite a trek, especially when the cobbled street has exploded with witches, wizards, and children alike. Do not fret, however. A crimson red cart, stationed between Janus Galloglass and Noltie's Botanical Novelties, with golden lettering spelling out 'BUTTERBEER' is here to save the day! For many years, an old witch has been taking advantage of this spot and has provided many with a refreshing sugary butterscotch concoction and even a tasty snack. Sadly, this lovely old witch passed away during the attack on Diagon Alley but her photograph sits proudly on display on the cart.

Early in the morning, the grandson of the old witch rolls out her cart and remains at the usual spot until the sun goes down. For just a Galleon, you can enjoy an all-you-can-drink mug of the finest Butterbeer in London. During the summer months, one can purchase a frozen Butterbeer; whereas in the frigid winter it can be bought warm. But drinks is not all that there is to offer -- for just a handful of Sickles, some Butterbeer-flavoured fudge, potted cream, or ice cream can be enjoyed.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 02:28 AM   #51 (permalink)
Puffskein
 
astrocat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: New York City
Posts: 2,134

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Third Year
Default
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

SPOILER!!: Diamond
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Exposure. That was the name of the game this summer and weaseling her way into sitting in on one of mum's WWN broadcast meetings had given her infallible insight to the industry. Her quidditch announcing game was STRONG this summer too with her managing to book herself for a majority of the U-17 matches (as a co-host along with some other professional or another BUT it was very important that they have younger perspective so things did not get too dusty) and she had even been given the opportunity to plug her podcast during the last match THANKS to her co-host actually taking the note to ask some personal questions about herself.

Also an OBVIOUS shoutout to podcast regular and bestie, Amatheia because DUH.

Yes, Diamond was ranked...well...numbers didn't REALLY matter in the tween market anyway...and on her way UP.

Which was why she was hitting the streets of Diagon Alley today to slap a few more of her trademark stickers around, DUH! And everyone was always keen for a cold glass of butterbeer come summertime sooooooooo the back and side of the butterbeer cart were bedazzled. Swinging around the front of the cart, the Gryffindor eyed the framed photo of some old witch and decided that back when she was not all old and wrinkly the woman would have obviously been a listener and subscriber TOO so Diamond slapped a sticker over her hideous knitted sweater. A vast improvement to her look, seriously.

And while she was here...maybe she would get herself a butterbeer too...surely SOMEONE had dropped some coins around here to she could make up the difference with what little allowance she had left after hitting up Madam Primpernelle's earlier.


Not-being-perceived was the name of Phoebe's game this summer. She would have preferred to spend the summer not being seen or heard from by kids from school, but sometimes the other kids at Stemp House were too loud and Pheebs was forced to come out here. So it was dark sunglasses, baggy hoodies, short shorts, and new makeup, because then she would be harder to recognize. There were specific people she was avoiding, but she also just... wanted to preserve her summer from the influence of her least favorite place, you know?

It was HOT HOT HOT outside, and Pheebs absolutely needed a cold, refreshing drink. Unfortunately, she didn't have much money left right now from what she'd been given, so she too had been collecting coins off the street and also from any grown-up that looked like they could be persuaded to donate a sickle (she was good at that sort of thing by now, having done it often when she'd spent all of Stemp House's money on books). But now she had 13 sickles in her hands, with 4 more to go, and it was hard to hold them all at once. Her hands were small, as was the rest of Phoebe, and she kept dropping them. She kept trying to pick them up, and then dropping them again, and at some point she'd managed to drop them all at once and they scattered everywhere. Phoebe Calypso was clumsy, to say the least. Clumsy and mortified, with her cheeks a shade of bright pink that could not be explained by the very subtle blush she had been wearing.

So yes... there was someone dropping coins around here. In fact, dropping coins was the ONLY thing Phoebe seemed to be doing, despite her best efforts to recollect them.
astrocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 01:39 PM   #52 (permalink)


Ashwinder
 
Nordic Witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [GMT + 1]
Posts: 13,992

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry Department Head:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection
x3
Default
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charely Potter View Post

It sure was a hot summer, Kion could do with a cool drink or treat or maybe both. His parents were off shopping on their own while he walked around, eventually spotting the cart with a serious queue. Suddenly a cold butterbeer
could wait... or maybe not.

Kion walked over to his recognisable girlfriend, "Hey Maria," He smiled at her before planting a quick kiss on her cheek. "It sure is hot, isn't it?" Adding a light convo before asking, "How are you?" He could do with a nice cool drink.

Maria had just bought her frozen butterbeer, and fudge treat for herslef ans was about to take a sip of the cold dream when her boyfriend surfaced by her side. The day just got 1000 times better. "Hey Kion," she greeted back with a warm loving smile, returning his cheek kiss. "We shouldn't complain i suppose, but yes it's super hot." Maria admitted. Gesturing to the cart behind her she asked "Are you getting yourself a frozen butterbeer too?" Taking a sip of her beverage she sighed with relief. The could drink was just what she needed. "I'm good. I was just taking a beverage break after seeing and catching up with Vera...In an hour or so I have to go meet my dads for book shopping. Now though I'm free.." After taking a bite out of her fudge Maria returned the question. "How have you been Kion? Have you seen Logan any?"
__________________
Nordic Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 08:49 AM   #53 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic


Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Paths
Posts: 39,502

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry Department Head:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry Department Head:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Proprietor:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
Not-being-perceived was the name of Phoebe's game this summer. She would have preferred to spend the summer not being seen or heard from by kids from school, but sometimes the other kids at Stemp House were too loud and Pheebs was forced to come out here. So it was dark sunglasses, baggy hoodies, short shorts, and new makeup, because then she would be harder to recognize. There were specific people she was avoiding, but she also just... wanted to preserve her summer from the influence of her least favorite place, you know?

It was HOT HOT HOT outside, and Pheebs absolutely needed a cold, refreshing drink. Unfortunately, she didn't have much money left right now from what she'd been given, so she too had been collecting coins off the street and also from any grown-up that looked like they could be persuaded to donate a sickle (she was good at that sort of thing by now, having done it often when she'd spent all of Stemp House's money on books). But now she had 13 sickles in her hands, with 4 more to go, and it was hard to hold them all at once. Her hands were small, as was the rest of Phoebe, and she kept dropping them. She kept trying to pick them up, and then dropping them again, and at some point she'd managed to drop them all at once and they scattered everywhere. Phoebe Calypso was clumsy, to say the least. Clumsy and mortified, with her cheeks a shade of bright pink that could not be explained by the very subtle blush she had been wearing.

So yes... there was someone dropping coins around here. In fact, dropping coins was the ONLY thing Phoebe seemed to be doing, despite her best efforts to recollect them.
Diamond drew the line at begging or at the very least being perceived as though she was in need. Which was why her preferred method was taking just a little bit of coin from her parents' wallets over a couple of day's time. Couldn't do it all at once because then it was obvious. But a little here and a little there worked wonderfully for her. It just wasn't her fault that her eyes were bigger than her pockets and absolutely the fault of all her favorite brands coming up with new product for the summer season - only ONE of which would sponsor her which was just rude.

What wasn't so rude was the sickle that came rolling towards her and spun to a stop after hitting her shoe. "Don't mind if I do," she hummed to herself as she pocketed it. Still was not enough to get herself a butterbeer...which now meant she was debating with herself as to whether or not she really wanted one or if she had just seen the cart and the color and smell had enticed her - that was good advertising. But then she noticed that one of her peers (the one with the purple backpack and was just as likely to fall into a Venomous Tentacula as she was to consider it endearing) was being messy. "...you trying to lay a trail to catch a niffler or something?" she questioned with her right brow raised.
__________________



When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 09:47 PM   #54 (permalink)
Puffskein
 
astrocat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: New York City
Posts: 2,134

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Third Year
Default
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

SPOILER!!: Diamond
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Diamond drew the line at begging or at the very least being perceived as though she was in need. Which was why her preferred method was taking just a little bit of coin from her parents' wallets over a couple of day's time. Couldn't do it all at once because then it was obvious. But a little here and a little there worked wonderfully for her. It just wasn't her fault that her eyes were bigger than her pockets and absolutely the fault of all her favorite brands coming up with new product for the summer season - only ONE of which would sponsor her which was just rude.

What wasn't so rude was the sickle that came rolling towards her and spun to a stop after hitting her shoe. "Don't mind if I do," she hummed to herself as she pocketed it. Still was not enough to get herself a butterbeer...which now meant she was debating with herself as to whether or not she really wanted one or if she had just seen the cart and the color and smell had enticed her - that was good advertising. But then she noticed that one of her peers (the one with the purple backpack and was just as likely to fall into a Venomous Tentacula as she was to consider it endearing) was being messy. "...you trying to lay a trail to catch a niffler or something?" she questioned with her right brow raised.


Phoebe didn't mind being perceived as in need. It wasn't like she WASN'T in need, because she technically was, and she liked having money for books and other things, so. She could deal with the sympathetic looks of parents who had parents if it meant that there was a butterbeer involved.

Phoebe had finally managed to pick up most of the coins- all but two. One had rolled further away, and the other one was in her classmate's pocket, but Phoebe couldn't find either. She crouched down, looking for her two missing coins.

"What? Oh." Phoebe flushed in response to her classmate's question, which made her feel some type of way. "No... I'm just trying to get enough money for butterbeer. Have you seen my two missing sickles? They have to be around her somewhere." Phoebe was distressed, because she wanted that butterbeer badly!! And yeah, so could always try and ask people for more money, but she'd earned those two sickles fair and square! She wasn't ready to consider them lost just yet.
astrocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 01:50 AM   #55 (permalink)
Moderator
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod




Doxy
 
Charely Potter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Blue (EST)
Posts: 6,106

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kion Baltasar Ingebretson
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry Department Head:
Firash Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7
Default
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Maria had just bought her frozen butterbeer, and fudge treat for herslef ans was about to take a sip of the cold dream when her boyfriend surfaced by her side. The day just got 1000 times better. "Hey Kion," she greeted back with a warm loving smile, returning his cheek kiss. "We shouldn't complain i suppose, but yes it's super hot." Maria admitted. Gesturing to the cart behind her she asked "Are you getting yourself a frozen butterbeer too?" Taking a sip of her beverage she sighed with relief. The could drink was just what she needed. "I'm good. I was just taking a beverage break after seeing and catching up with Vera...In an hour or so I have to go meet my dads for book shopping. Now though I'm free.." After taking a bite out of her fudge Maria returned the question. "How have you been Kion? Have you seen Logan any?"

"Yep, a frozen butterbeer sounds just right for the weather, " Kion said as he mentally counted the coins needed for the drink. Luckily the line was quick for him to receive his too shortly. "Oh nice, I saw Vera earlier at Gobstones practice. I think we might win another tournament from our good streak so far," Kion said. "How are your dads and little Emari? Is he excited to go back to primary school this year?" Wasn't too long ago he could barely talk when he first met her little brother. "I'm doing okay, well, actually great now with you here," Never mind him still blushing at how he felt about Maria.

"I haven't ran into Logan yet, actually," Though that might change very soon if Maria and Vera were going to hang out together in an hour. "Erm, did you ever get to take your Apparition lesson? I have my next test in a couple days. But I think I'll pass it this time." The last time he splinched with his arm hairs missing. It was incredibly unfair since they could grow back easily.

__________________


Charely Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 01:22 PM   #56 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod



Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt
 
Chelliephone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: State of Confusion
Posts: 16,341

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Diagon Alley Proprietor:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Default Kristin and Lennox! <3
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

While it was still weird for him to consider the fact that baby sister, who was hardly a baby and considering she was only 3 years younger than himself had never actually been that small, was all grown up and graduated and out in the world like himself. It'd already been 4 years since her own graduation, and still he often forgot that he didn't have to wait until the summer months or winter break to mirror her and figure out a sibling hang out. He was trying to get better on that though, considering their get together today was not during a school holiday.

Passing Janus Galloglass, Daire glanced over at it, a small smile playing on his lips as he gave a nod towards it, before his attention turned to his sister. "Remember playing in there when we were younger? I'm sure we absolutely terrified the store proprietors, looking back, but it was the perfect place to envision a route to Wonderland." And considering their shared love of the muggle story, playing Wonderland had been something they had done often. Attention turned to the butterbeer cart as Daire stepped up, reaching for his coin purse as he considered the few options. "I think I'm going to go for an ice cream. What do you want?"
__________________
_________ _________________________________________

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Chelliephone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 12:34 AM   #57 (permalink)


Crumple-Horned Snorkack
 
SilverTiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SoCal *sighs*(GMT-8)
Posts: 111,168

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Giselle Barrington
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sable Ileana Armstrong
Gryffindor
Seventh Year
x5 x3
Default
Shoe!Girl │ Rebel Ravie │ Confundus Queen │ RP Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
While it was still weird for him to consider the fact that baby sister, who was hardly a baby and considering she was only 3 years younger than himself had never actually been that small, was all grown up and graduated and out in the world like himself. It'd already been 4 years since her own graduation, and still he often forgot that he didn't have to wait until the summer months or winter break to mirror her and figure out a sibling hang out. He was trying to get better on that though, considering their get together today was not during a school holiday.

Passing Janus Galloglass, Daire glanced over at it, a small smile playing on his lips as he gave a nod towards it, before his attention turned to his sister. "Remember playing in there when we were younger? I'm sure we absolutely terrified the store proprietors, looking back, but it was the perfect place to envision a route to Wonderland." And considering their shared love of the muggle story, playing Wonderland had been something they had done often. Attention turned to the butterbeer cart as Daire stepped up, reaching for his coin purse as he considered the few options. "I think I'm going to go for an ice cream. What do you want?"
While most people would have felt bothered by a lack of direction after graduation, Nox was feeling rather okay with it all. It was entirely likely the blonde was just expecting something to fall in her lap, actually. An adventure, or some sort of thing, which was also the likely reason her parents weren’t bothering her overly much about her choosing not to immediately enroll in uni or anything concrete after she’d graduated. Perhaps they’d just expected it from the former Gryffindor, or perhaps something else was going on.

Sadly, even four years later nothing had stumbled across her path to set her off on an adventure, but one thing it did provide was the ease with which she could see her brother. Whenever Dáire remembered, that is, but today was one of those times. It was odd being in Diagon when school was out of session, but she enjoyed odd. A similar smile graced her lips as she saw the shop her brother was referring to. “Of course I remember, and it wasn’t our fault they didn’t know mirrors were possible entrances to Wonderland.” Which she still believed was an actual place, even as she understood most people didn’t. Their loss, and soon enough they had arrived at the butterbeer cart. Not that she’d known that was their destination, but it worked. “You can get me one too.”
__________________
It's me, hi, I'm the problem, it's me, at tea time, everybody agrees

...It must be exhausting, always rooting for the anti-hero
SilverTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2024, 12:38 AM   #58 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod



Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt
 
Chelliephone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: State of Confusion
Posts: 16,341

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Diagon Alley Proprietor:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Default
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTiger View Post
While most people would have felt bothered by a lack of direction after graduation, Nox was feeling rather okay with it all. It was entirely likely the blonde was just expecting something to fall in her lap, actually. An adventure, or some sort of thing, which was also the likely reason her parents weren’t bothering her overly much about her choosing not to immediately enroll in uni or anything concrete after she’d graduated. Perhaps they’d just expected it from the former Gryffindor, or perhaps something else was going on.

Sadly, even four years later nothing had stumbled across her path to set her off on an adventure, but one thing it did provide was the ease with which she could see her brother. Whenever Dáire remembered, that is, but today was one of those times. It was odd being in Diagon when school was out of session, but she enjoyed odd. A similar smile graced her lips as she saw the shop her brother was referring to. “Of course I remember, and it wasn’t our fault they didn’t know mirrors were possible entrances to Wonderland.” Which she still believed was an actual place, even as she understood most people didn’t. Their loss, and soon enough they had arrived at the butterbeer cart. Not that she’d known that was their destination, but it worked. “You can get me one too.”
Truthfully, the older Grenadine sibling was reaching that territory in which he was becoming self conscious about his lack of direction. Not that he had any plan of outwardly showing as much, or even telling anyone that - dearest sister included. It was sad enough that he had no idea where he was going with his life - he didn't need to whine about it too. He was glad to see how unperturbed she seemed to be with being in a similar situation. And honestly, perhaps a little envious.

As for that adventure she was hoping for? Daire was certain it would present itself soon enough.

As they reminisced, he laughed softly, the storefront getting another fond look from him. "If they had wanted to listen to our explanations, we could have made it quite clear. They didn't always need to call our parents right away." Also shouldn't people applaud a child's imagination? Inappropriate location to exercise those adventures of the mind was inconsequential. At her request, Daire quickly ordered two butterbeer ice creams. It took no time before they were offered back to him and he took one while offering the other to his sister. "Here ya go."
__________________
_________ _________________________________________

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Chelliephone is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:41 PM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2022, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254