sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

There are 444 users online including...
raciverthadm , astrocat , econeclar , Fireheart , ldgoldyahoo , deanneza16 , Cassirin , msulimaanto , MartinMousy , AlwaysSnapesGirl

16 members
428 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Diagon Alley > South Side


South Side From Gringotts Wizarding Bank to Madam Primpernelle's, there are numerous shops to visit and places to socialise.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2021, 02:31 AM
sweetpinkpixie sweetpinkpixie is offline
 
Default Butterbeer Cart


Has all of your shopping worn you out and left you in need of some hydration? From the south side of Diagon Alley, the Leaky Cauldron is quite a trek, especially when the cobbled street has exploded with witches, wizards, and children alike. Do not fret, however. A crimson red cart, stationed between Janus Galloglass and Noltie's Botanical Novelties, with golden lettering spelling out 'BUTTERBEER' is here to save the day! For many years, an old witch has been taking advantage of this spot and has provided many with a refreshing sugary butterscotch concoction and even a tasty snack. Sadly, this lovely old witch passed away during the attack on Diagon Alley but her photograph sits proudly on display on the cart.

Early in the morning, the grandson of the old witch rolls out her cart and remains at the usual spot until the sun goes down. For just a Galleon, you can enjoy an all-yo-can-drink mug of the finest Butterbeer in London. During the summer months, one can purchase a frozen Butterbeer; whereas in the frigid winter it can be bought warm. But drinks is not all that there is to offer -- for just a handful of Sickles, some Butterbeer-flavoured fudge, potted cream, or ice cream can be enjoyed.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 01:43 PM   #2 (permalink)



DMC & DoM
Kappa
 
Nordic Witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [GMT + 1]
Posts: 13,279

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bella Connolly
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Aurora Bagnold
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Default Joel....
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

'BUTTERBEER!'

Isabella was saved. In a matter of moment's her thirst would be quenched by the delicious drink of a frozen butterbeer and possibly some fudge in this warm summer heat. The crimson red cart was only a few minutes away whereas going to the espresso house would take a lot longer. Blowing some sweaty damp black strands out of her face the short, 12 year old snakette slowly made her way over to the cart, trying to not loose the grip on her many shopping bags.

Just as she came up to the cart and was about to order a butterbeer from the young chubby man behind the cart the shopping bags slipped out of her fingers and fell to the ground causing a number of beauty products including a bottle of extreme purple hair dye and a pimple poofer potion, school books and a fanged frisbee to roll out.

"COME on! Not now! I was so close...." Bella said to nobody in particular with an exasperated sigh.
__________________
Nordic Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 05:36 PM   #3 (permalink)




DMC & DMT
Nogtail
 
Charely Potter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Blue (EST)
Posts: 4,999

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Darius Flynn Potter II
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Kingston Creighton Dolph
Transportation
x8 x7
Default
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
'BUTTERBEER!'

Isabella was saved. In a matter of moment's her thirst would be quenched by the delicious drink of a frozen butterbeer and possibly some fudge in this warm summer heat. The crimson red cart was only a few minutes away whereas going to the espresso house would take a lot longer. Blowing some sweaty damp black strands out of her face the short, 12 year old snakette slowly made her way over to the cart, trying to not loose the grip on her many shopping bags.

Just as she came up to the cart and was about to order a butterbeer from the young chubby man behind the cart the shopping bags slipped out of her fingers and fell to the ground causing a number of beauty products including a bottle of extreme purple hair dye and a pimple poofer potion, school books and a fanged frisbee to roll out.

"COME on! Not now! I was so close...." Bella said to nobody in particular with an exasperated sigh.

Freddie had most of his shopping done with Frankie and Lucy. It was hard decision for him deciding to go back to Hogwarts or not, but he missed the halls and all the bad guys were taken care of so. Here he was in Diagon Alley again. Deciding to go off on his own he had some money left to treat himself.

Walking through the south side his eyes caught a number of people when out of the crowd he noticed a girl fall to the ground. He blinked, walking through the crowd, most who didn't bat an eye toward her.

"Hey, you okay?" Freddie asked. "Do you need a hand?" Offering one out for her, giving him a chance to take a look at all that she was holding. Hair care products, books, and- "Heeey that's a fanged frisbee, you play that often?" Oops, so much for giving her much of a chance to talk. "Sorry, looks like you got some cool stuff, I'm Freddie." Now he just had to know who she was and what was up.

__________________


Charely Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 02:56 PM   #4 (permalink)



DMC & DoM
Kappa
 
Nordic Witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [GMT + 1]
Posts: 13,279

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bella Connolly
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Aurora Bagnold
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Default
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charely Potter View Post

Freddie had most of his shopping done with Frankie and Lucy. It was hard decision for him deciding to go back to Hogwarts or not, but he missed the halls and all the bad guys were taken care of so. Here he was in Diagon Alley again. Deciding to go off on his own he had some money left to treat himself.

Walking through the south side his eyes caught a number of people when out of the crowd he noticed a girl fall to the ground. He blinked, walking through the crowd, most who didn't bat an eye toward her.

"Hey, you okay?" Freddie asked. "Do you need a hand?" Offering one out for her, giving him a chance to take a look at all that she was holding. Hair care products, books, and- "Heeey that's a fanged frisbee, you play that often?" Oops, so much for giving her much of a chance to talk. "Sorry, looks like you got some cool stuff, I'm Freddie." Now he just had to know who she was and what was up.
Bella was kneeling down on the ground trying to gather up her supplies that had fallen out of their bags, her frustration increasing by the minute. It wasn't going as planned, so when someone came over like a shadow offering his help like a hero she could have jumped up on her feet and kissed him or her for offering. Bella didn’t do that though even if she thought it, she just looked up at the boy and beamed brightly. "I'm okay! Yes please, any help is much appreciated. I just need to get my school supplies back into the bags."

Gesturing to the stuff strewn around and the bags she explained hastily. "I didn’t do this on purpose. The bags just slipped out of my sweaty fingers...and the rest is history as they say." Bella was most likely going back to Hogwarts in September since the bad guys were behind bars now. It wasn’t easy to just erase what the Neo-Alliance had done though and the fear she had felt.

Looking down at the fanged frisbee at her feet to not think about the bad guys she shook her head as she met the other boy’s eyes curiously. "No I've actually never played it. I thought it’d be cool to try so i bought it. Have you played a lot of fanged frisbee? Is it easy to play?" Remembering her manners even if it was a little late Bella said "It's nice to meet you Freddie. I'm Isabella or Bella for short."
__________________
Nordic Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 11:44 PM   #5 (permalink)


G&S
Kappa
 
Chelliephone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: #3CB371 | #FF1493
Posts: 13,062

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rosemary Giana Scardino
Games & Sports
Default Ally and Lia <33
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

With his shopping all completed, Evan was just about ready to head home and hunker down again until time for the train, even if that was still some time away. But each time he passed, his eyes were drawn to the little butterbeer cart and he could feel his mouth water at the idea of a frozen butterbeer. Or maybe even some butterbeer ice cream? It was the perfect day for ice cream because what day wasn't?.

Passing it for what would be the final time that day, he could feel his resilience break and the young man pivoted to approach the cart. He gave a nod of hello to the guy running the cart and did stop to nod at the picture too, because everyone deserved to be remembered, before he focused on the menu.

Frozen butterbeer? Ice cream? Or just a copious amount of fudge?

Decisions.
Chelliephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 12:49 AM   #6 (permalink)




DMC & DMT
Nogtail
 
Charely Potter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Blue (EST)
Posts: 4,999

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Darius Flynn Potter II
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Kingston Creighton Dolph
Transportation
x8 x7
Default
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Bella was kneeling down on the ground trying to gather up her supplies that had fallen out of their bags, her frustration increasing by the minute. It wasn't going as planned, so when someone came over like a shadow offering his help like a hero she could have jumped up on her feet and kissed him or her for offering. Bella didn’t do that though even if she thought it, she just looked up at the boy and beamed brightly. "I'm okay! Yes please, any help is much appreciated. I just need to get my school supplies back into the bags."

Gesturing to the stuff strewn around and the bags she explained hastily. "I didn’t do this on purpose. The bags just slipped out of my sweaty fingers...and the rest is history as they say." Bella was most likely going back to Hogwarts in September since the bad guys were behind bars now. It wasn’t easy to just erase what the Neo-Alliance had done though and the fear she had felt.

Looking down at the fanged frisbee at her feet to not think about the bad guys she shook her head as she met the other boy’s eyes curiously. "No I've actually never played it. I thought it’d be cool to try so i bought it. Have you played a lot of fanged frisbee? Is it easy to play?" Remembering her manners even if it was a little late Bella said "It's nice to meet you Freddie. I'm Isabella or Bella for short."

Freddie smiled down at her, "Sure, I'll help," before kneeling as well to pick up some of her books and things. Looking at some of her books however also got his attention, "Oh, cool you have second year books, I'm also going into second year." He couldn't help the relief that came from knowing this. He had no idea who would even return to the school after last year, he was lucky his parents were okay with him returning.

He blinked at her dilemma not realizing he was gripping the fanged frisbee in his hands, before it made a little snarl, loosening his grip at the sound. "Oh! These are really fun! Me and my twin brother have one back at home and our parents even join in sometimes." His eyes practically lit up at the happy memory. Beaming at getting to know her name next. "That's such a cool name Bella.. say, what house are you in? I'm in Gryffindor, but my twin brother, Frankie, got into Slytherin like my older sister Lucilla. But it's cool." He then remembered he was about to ramble again, "Well, I was curious because we could try to play it out on the grounds."
__________________


Charely Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 02:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMC & DERP
Grindylow
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 14,424

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dahlia Jane Donovan
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Iliana Floros
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
TBA
Sugarplum's Sweet Shop
x12
Default
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
With his shopping all completed, Evan was just about ready to head home and hunker down again until time for the train, even if that was still some time away. But each time he passed, his eyes were drawn to the little butterbeer cart and he could feel his mouth water at the idea of a frozen butterbeer. Or maybe even some butterbeer ice cream? It was the perfect day for ice cream because what day wasn't?.

Passing it for what would be the final time that day, he could feel his resilience break and the young man pivoted to approach the cart. He gave a nod of hello to the guy running the cart and did stop to nod at the picture too, because everyone deserved to be remembered, before he focused on the menu.

Frozen butterbeer? Ice cream? Or just a copious amount of fudge?

Decisions.
Today's shopping trip had been all about the pink pygmy puff that was currently tucked snuggled against Lia's neck fast asleep. That's what she had told everyone at home when she asked to be taken to Diagon Alley earlier that morning. Sir Frederik was in need of some new things and she wanted to keep him happy and comfortable, especially now that he was getting up there in age.

Really what she had needed was a little time to wander around on her own but also, not on her own. Several stops were made to some of her most favorite shops as usual but not all that much was bought. She had kept her word as best as a twelve year could and tried to only spend her coins on her companion today.

Only....

Blue eyes zoned in on the cart before she could manage to hurry past it and before she knew what was happening she was standing on the short line. The day was warmer than most and butterbeer was oh so very nice, a little couldn't hurt, right? Annnnnnd if she shared it with Sir Frederik Puffington than it counted towards his special day!

Lia stood in line behind a boy that was a bit taller than her, lightly bouncing on on her toes. Now to decide what she wanted.
__________________
you're pragmatic and dependable, with a tendency to help and advise others,
a person likely to find a simple solution to a complicated problem, you are...
Kolyander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 05:19 PM   #8 (permalink)


G&S
Kappa
 
Chelliephone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: #3CB371 | #FF1493
Posts: 13,062

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rosemary Giana Scardino
Games & Sports
Default
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Today's shopping trip had been all about the pink pygmy puff that was currently tucked snuggled against Lia's neck fast asleep. That's what she had told everyone at home when she asked to be taken to Diagon Alley earlier that morning. Sir Frederik was in need of some new things and she wanted to keep him happy and comfortable, especially now that he was getting up there in age.

Really what she had needed was a little time to wander around on her own but also, not on her own. Several stops were made to some of her most favorite shops as usual but not all that much was bought. She had kept her word as best as a twelve year could and tried to only spend her coins on her companion today.

Only....

Blue eyes zoned in on the cart before she could manage to hurry past it and before she knew what was happening she was standing on the short line. The day was warmer than most and butterbeer was oh so very nice, a little couldn't hurt, right? Annnnnnd if she shared it with Sir Frederik Puffington than it counted towards his special day!

Lia stood in line behind a boy that was a bit taller than her, lightly bouncing on on her toes. Now to decide what she wanted.
Decisions should not be this hard to make. He was just trying to decide on a delicious summer treat for pete's sake, yet still staring at the menu like it was a do or die situation. Fudge. Frozen. Or ice cream.

Hearing footfalls behind him, Evan turned to spot a slightly shorter girl and he offered a nod of acknowledgement. "I'm probably going to take a minute if you want to go before me." He stepped off to the side to give her space to move in front of him, while he went back to contemplating the menu. "Do you have a favorite?"

He was fully aware the primary flavor was all the same, but forms were important. Texture was just as important as taste most of the time. what if he chose the wrong texture and then didn't enjoy it at all? One of the things he loathed to do was waste money as well. Maybe he should get the ice cream or frozen butterbeer now and fudge for later?

Decisions.
Chelliephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 09:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMC & DERP
Grindylow
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 14,424

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dahlia Jane Donovan
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Iliana Floros
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
TBA
Sugarplum's Sweet Shop
x12
Default
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
Decisions should not be this hard to make. He was just trying to decide on a delicious summer treat for pete's sake, yet still staring at the menu like it was a do or die situation. Fudge. Frozen. Or ice cream.

Hearing footfalls behind him, Evan turned to spot a slightly shorter girl and he offered a nod of acknowledgement. "I'm probably going to take a minute if you want to go before me." He stepped off to the side to give her space to move in front of him, while he went back to contemplating the menu. "Do you have a favorite?"

He was fully aware the primary flavor was all the same, but forms were important. Texture was just as important as taste most of the time. what if he chose the wrong texture and then didn't enjoy it at all? One of the things he loathed to do was waste money as well. Maybe he should get the ice cream or frozen butterbeer now and fudge for later?

Decisions.
Lia gave the taller boy a soft smile when he spoke to her and told her she could go ahead of him. "Are you sure? I don't mind waiting?" Truth being, she wasn't entirely sure what SHE wanted as of yet either. "I normally get the frozen butterbeer but I'm considering going with something different?" But... what?

When it came to ice cream she normally got that at Florean's. Fudge she typically would get at Sugarplums. Which is why she got the frozen kind here. Her system worked. If she stuck with it.

"Do you have a favorite?" Or a suggestion?
__________________
you're pragmatic and dependable, with a tendency to help and advise others,
a person likely to find a simple solution to a complicated problem, you are...
Kolyander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 11:16 PM   #10 (permalink)


G&S
Kappa
 
Chelliephone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: #3CB371 | #FF1493
Posts: 13,062

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rosemary Giana Scardino
Games & Sports
Default
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Lia gave the taller boy a soft smile when he spoke to her and told her she could go ahead of him. "Are you sure? I don't mind waiting?" Truth being, she wasn't entirely sure what SHE wanted as of yet either. "I normally get the frozen butterbeer but I'm considering going with something different?" But... what?

When it came to ice cream she normally got that at Florean's. Fudge she typically would get at Sugarplums. Which is why she got the frozen kind here. Her system worked. If she stuck with it.

"Do you have a favorite?" Or a suggestion?
Evan nodded his head when she asked if she could go ahead of him. He still didn't quite have a smile in him but he tried to look less.. miserable. "Absolutely. I'm not sure how long it'll take me to decide." It could be ages. Or he might just cave and go for a big order.

Like... would they put a scoop of the ice cream in a butterbeer so then he could have like a butterbeer float? Because that sounded kind of amazing.

"Frozen butterbeer does sound good... I love the butterbeer ice cream at Florean's too though so part of me was wondering if they might taste similar?" Florean's was too far away to go get a scoop but he could still go for one. "I don't think I've actually tried anything from here though. Fudge also kind of sounds good...."
Chelliephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 01:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMC & DERP
Grindylow
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 14,424

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dahlia Jane Donovan
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Iliana Floros
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
TBA
Sugarplum's Sweet Shop
x12
Default
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
Evan nodded his head when she asked if she could go ahead of him. He still didn't quite have a smile in him but he tried to look less.. miserable. "Absolutely. I'm not sure how long it'll take me to decide." It could be ages. Or he might just cave and go for a big order.

Like... would they put a scoop of the ice cream in a butterbeer so then he could have like a butterbeer float? Because that sounded kind of amazing.

"Frozen butterbeer does sound good... I love the butterbeer ice cream at Florean's too though so part of me was wondering if they might taste similar?" Florean's was too far away to go get a scoop but he could still go for one. "I don't think I've actually tried anything from here though. Fudge also kind of sounds good...."
While she didn't move ahead of him in line, Dahlia did move forward a step or two to stand somewhat beside him. This helped in having a better view of menu... not that she even needed it. "Being a bit indecisive? I'm sorta having the same issue myself." Honestly she was having this issue a lot lately and not only where it concerned ice cream, fudge or a frozen drink.

Dahlia gave a quiet giggle as she listened to boy try to talk out almost exactly what she had been thinking in her own head. "Why not get it all then? If you can afford it and want it all that is..." she shrugged her shoulders. "You can put the eat some of the ice cream as is and put some of it into the frozen drink and then save the fudge for later or eat it." If he could handle all of that. Now that she mentioned it.. it sounded really, really good.

"Maybe, I'll do that. There's nothing wrong with splurging a little sometimes, right?"
__________________
you're pragmatic and dependable, with a tendency to help and advise others,
a person likely to find a simple solution to a complicated problem, you are...
Kolyander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 06:11 PM   #12 (permalink)




MO & DMT
Forest Troll
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,515

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Andromeda Euka
Graduated

Student Character:
Gemma Kitridge
Fourth Year
Hufflepuff

Ministry RPG Name:
Anna Marie Howard
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour

x11 x9
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Well, it was that time of year again when Leo got a little sad. He loved, loved, LOVED the summer with all the kids running and screaming around. His shop was busy every day and the excitement of the customers always rubbed off on him and his excitement would grow. Now that schools were back in session he found himself less busy and with more time to move around the alley.

On one of his walks during a nicer day, he decided maybe to try a new treat or even mix a treat with his own. He was after all pushing his little ice cream cart around to see if anyone would like some samples and free treats.

Stopping though he thought a butterbeer sounded quite refreshing.
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 12:35 PM   #13 (permalink)

MLE & DERP

Puffskein
 
aRogueOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 1,262

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ingrid Starling "Birdie" Luck
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Forrest John Roberts III
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Well, it was that time of year again when Leo got a little sad. He loved, loved, LOVED the summer with all the kids running and screaming around. His shop was busy every day and the excitement of the customers always rubbed off on him and his excitement would grow. Now that schools were back in session he found himself less busy and with more time to move around the alley.

On one of his walks during a nicer day, he decided maybe to try a new treat or even mix a treat with his own. He was after all pushing his little ice cream cart around to see if anyone would like some samples and free treats.

Stopping though he thought a butterbeer sounded quite refreshing.
Strolling through the South side of Diagon Alley, the New York native yawned as his eyes perused the windows and the things that they had on offer in a bored fashion. London was nice and all but it just wasn’t the same as New York. Everything just seemed so small. New York, it had this suffocating feeling that just made you feel safe and secure and you could get practically everything you needed within walking distance. It was perfect. Like now for example, back home, he could simply reach out and get a Butterbeer without even loo-…

“Butterbeer cart…noice”

Laughing a little to himself, he brushed some of his hair out of his face and headed over to the cart, curious if they sold one that would stay cold long enough for him to get home to the flat to give it to Cian. Poor kid was still moping around after his stupid cat.

Standing in the queue, Jude tapped the person in front of him who seemed to be an expert in all things cold, what with his ice cream cart near, and asked “Hey guy, you know if they sell ones that stay cold for a while?”
__________________
aRogueOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 04:10 PM   #14 (permalink)




MO & DMT
Forest Troll
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,515

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Andromeda Euka
Graduated

Student Character:
Gemma Kitridge
Fourth Year
Hufflepuff

Ministry RPG Name:
Anna Marie Howard
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour

x11 x9
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aRogueOne View Post
Strolling through the South side of Diagon Alley, the New York native yawned as his eyes perused the windows and the things that they had on offer in a bored fashion. London was nice and all but it just wasn’t the same as New York. Everything just seemed so small. New York, it had this suffocating feeling that just made you feel safe and secure and you could get practically everything you needed within walking distance. It was perfect. Like now for example, back home, he could simply reach out and get a Butterbeer without even loo-…

“Butterbeer cart…noice”

Laughing a little to himself, he brushed some of his hair out of his face and headed over to the cart, curious if they sold one that would stay cold long enough for him to get home to the flat to give it to Cian. Poor kid was still moping around after his stupid cat.

Standing in the queue, Jude tapped the person in front of him who seemed to be an expert in all things cold, what with his ice cream cart near, and asked “Hey guy, you know if they sell ones that stay cold for a while?”
With his order being made Leo turned to his cart and took out a few scoops of the vanilla bean that was in their for tasting and plopped it right into his cup. Paying he was about to turn when he heard someone asking a question.

"Of course they do. This place has it all. I come here almost daily, there is not a way they make it that you could go wrong, but if you think it will get warm you can always put a cooling charm on it." That was what he did with his ice cream cart at least. The ice cream stayed just right all day long.

"Trying to save it for that special someone?" Not that he was meddling in a strangers business, but Leo loved a good looooove story.
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 08:00 PM   #15 (permalink)

MLE & DERP

Puffskein
 
aRogueOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 1,262

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ingrid Starling "Birdie" Luck
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Forrest John Roberts III
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
With his order being made Leo turned to his cart and took out a few scoops of the vanilla bean that was in their for tasting and plopped it right into his cup. Paying he was about to turn when he heard someone asking a question.

"Of course they do. This place has it all. I come here almost daily, there is not a way they make it that you could go wrong, but if you think it will get warm you can always put a cooling charm on it." That was what he did with his ice cream cart at least. The ice cream stayed just right all day long.

"Trying to save it for that special someone?" Not that he was meddling in a strangers business, but Leo loved a good looooove story.
“Oh...yeah”

Laughing a little, Jude ran his hand through his hair again and just laughed a little, bemused at his own stupidity sometimes. Honestly, being a wizard was almost an afterthought sometimes. Like, he’d spent soooo long not using magic outside of one of the various schools he went to that now that he could actually use spells, it almost felt wrong.

“You know, you’d think I would have thought about that but nope. Didn’t even cross my mind at all. Thanks my man. Now all I need to do is decide if I want a snack”. Maybe ordering an ice cream would help his situation because the ability to actually do a cooling charm may or may not be beyond his ability. He was sure some teacher had tried to teach him at some point in his life but he’d most likely been too busy with er…something.

“I mean, not really. He’s a pain in the backside to be honest but you know, I’m a nice person”, an innocently sweet yet somewhat sarcastic smile crossing his face now. “It’s for my younger brother. He’s err…staying with me for a while and his cat just had a terrible accident”. Dipping his ever so slightly, the impish smile that was across his face was replaced by a slightly gloomy look. “Turns out sometimes it doesn’t matter if cats land on their feet. Anyway, I figured a little butterbeer might cheer him up”. Did he mention that the cat was fine and that if anything were to happen to it, it would most likely have been because of him? No? Ooops. Never mind. Okay, so technically, the cat was fine back in New York but a guy could hope, right?
__________________
aRogueOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 06:33 PM   #16 (permalink)




MO & DMT
Forest Troll
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,515

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Andromeda Euka
Graduated

Student Character:
Gemma Kitridge
Fourth Year
Hufflepuff

Ministry RPG Name:
Anna Marie Howard
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour

x11 x9
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aRogueOne View Post
“Oh...yeah”

Laughing a little, Jude ran his hand through his hair again and just laughed a little, bemused at his own stupidity sometimes. Honestly, being a wizard was almost an afterthought sometimes. Like, he’d spent soooo long not using magic outside of one of the various schools he went to that now that he could actually use spells, it almost felt wrong.

“You know, you’d think I would have thought about that but nope. Didn’t even cross my mind at all. Thanks my man. Now all I need to do is decide if I want a snack”. Maybe ordering an ice cream would help his situation because the ability to actually do a cooling charm may or may not be beyond his ability. He was sure some teacher had tried to teach him at some point in his life but he’d most likely been too busy with er…something.

“I mean, not really. He’s a pain in the backside to be honest but you know, I’m a nice person”, an innocently sweet yet somewhat sarcastic smile crossing his face now. “It’s for my younger brother. He’s err…staying with me for a while and his cat just had a terrible accident”. Dipping his ever so slightly, the impish smile that was across his face was replaced by a slightly gloomy look. “Turns out sometimes it doesn’t matter if cats land on their feet. Anyway, I figured a little butterbeer might cheer him up”. Did he mention that the cat was fine and that if anything were to happen to it, it would most likely have been because of him? No? Ooops. Never mind. Okay, so technically, the cat was fine back in New York but a guy could hope, right?
Younger brothers, oh Leo knew all about them. "I have one of them, well not too much younger I guess, just four year younger, but still younger. Are you the oldest then?" He was assuming he was since he was having the brother move in, but maybe the brother was an adult and not a kid like Leo was thinking. "Animals can make people really upset, they get attached and things." He was attached to his little teacup yorkie that was at home waiting on him.

Moving to his cart he pulled out two small dishes of the ice cream samples. "These are on the house today and go fabulous with the butter beer, maybe this can cheer your brother up and give you a sweet snack too." He was flirting honest, okay maybe he enjoyed flirting with all his customers, it was just fun and seriously nice was something that could go a long way.

"So you have lived here long and your brother is just moving here or have you both lived around here?" Leo really had no where to go and the Alley seemed pretty lame today so he thought maybe he'd show some interest for awhile.
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 01:21 PM   #17 (permalink)

MLE & DERP

Puffskein
 
aRogueOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 1,262

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ingrid Starling "Birdie" Luck
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Forrest John Roberts III
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Younger brothers, oh Leo knew all about them. "I have one of them, well not too much younger I guess, just four year younger, but still younger. Are you the oldest then?" He was assuming he was since he was having the brother move in, but maybe the brother was an adult and not a kid like Leo was thinking. "Animals can make people really upset, they get attached and things." He was attached to his little teacup yorkie that was at home waiting on him.

Moving to his cart he pulled out two small dishes of the ice cream samples. "These are on the house today and go fabulous with the butter beer, maybe this can cheer your brother up and give you a sweet snack too." He was flirting honest, okay maybe he enjoyed flirting with all his customers, it was just fun and seriously nice was something that could go a long way.

"So you have lived here long and your brother is just moving here or have you both lived around here?" Leo really had no where to go and the Alley seemed pretty lame today so he thought maybe he'd show some interest for awhile.
Jude simply nodded and smiled a little, bemused by the other man’s prattling’s about his own family. It was still strange to him how people in London would often stop and just chat away as if they weren’t busy and didn’t have a plethora of things to do. In New York, people would sooner grunt and shout some kind of profanity at you than stop and ask you about your family. “Brothers are a pain, honestly. And sisters. Especially sisters but you know, family. Am I right?” laughing a little now as he took a step forward to place his own order too. “Nah, I’m not the oldest. I have two older brothers, two younger brothers and a younger sister” which even when he said it all, it sounded like a lot but he was used to it. For some reason, other people always seemed shocked. “I got the good looks and striking personality. Bless them, they work hard though”, amused by his own little joke now. As for animals, he knew all too well about people getting attached to them. “Yeah, they really do, even when they’re not supposed to have them” because the stupid kid wasn’t even allowed them in the first place.

Grinning a little, he took the two samples and nodded appreciatively at them. “Oh, sweet! I mean I hope so. I appreciate this, thank you!”. Part of him almost wished he had something to offer in return but he didn’t even have a job and he was living of other people’s money, so, ya know… “If you’re ever in New York and you want somewhere to grab a bite to eat, go to hit up MacAfee’s. It’s an Irish place. My family owns it. Tell them Jude sent you, I’m sure they’ll give it to you for free”. He may not be able to offer something he had but he could give away a free pizza or something. Besides, the guy most likely would never even end up going to New York.

“Eh, I’ve been back and forth for a while. Hogwarts. You know how it is. Only just moved here though so not that long. I’m kind of looking for a job actually so if you know someone who pays well and can offer a guy a job with no questions asked, let me know” laughing a little now because he knew how dodgy he actually sounded. Oops. “What about you? I’m guessing you’ve lived here for a while?” judging from the ice cream cart that he was lugging around.
__________________

Last edited by aRogueOne; 05-19-2021 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Just a little mistake
aRogueOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:11 AM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192