sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

There are 353 users online including...
sweetpinkpixie , ticket , illaimatt , RaymondPleni , astrocat , Chelliephone

12 members
341 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry > Sixth Floor


Sixth Floor If you've made it this far up, you've either got classes or technically live around here. The music room and spare office are among the rooms here, as well as the Transfiguration classroom.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2018, 12:51 PM
DaniDiNardo DaniDiNardo is offline
 
Default Spare Office


If you happen to try one of the doors near the end of the sixth-floor corridor, you might just find yourself in a handsome (if not dusty and aged) office of a surprisingly large size. The faint smell of crystallized pineapple seems to linger in the air of the room, which contains numerous side doors and nooks and crannies. Unfortunately for you, all of them remain firmly locked so there is no telling what lies behind them.

Although the room is devoid of any office-like furniture, or any furniture at all, there is still an impressive, but faded, rug before the large fireplace and long mirror hanging over that to boot. The spare office is still a cool place to hang out, practice some wandwork, or do some light reading. Just don't linger here too long because the allegedly esteemed former person that resided here was only fond of certain guests, of whom were one of his favourites and were only welcome to visit him in this office only as long as they didn't ask prying questions about specific moments in his past.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 02:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


DIMC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SHIELD's Helicarrier
Posts: 205,160

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default Linds/Daniel ^_^
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

Dusty as ever.

That was Claudine’s thought as she surveyed the spare office. Still, it was perfect for that afternoon’s task, and all that was needed to be done was to clean the room a bit. Thank goodness for magic. With a muttered incantation here and another there, soon the air was cleaner than it was originally. This was a good thing for she had no idea if her younger friend who would be soon joining her was allergic to dust.

Speaking of...

He should be there shortly. Claudine checked her watch out of habit rather than out of impatience. It was a good afternoon to be of help to a curious youngster.
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 07:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DMT
Mountain Troll
 
DuckyLinJi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The couch
Posts: 23,873

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daniel Yoon
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Daichi Katharos
Transportation
x1 x2
Default
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Dusty as ever.

That was Claudine’s thought as she surveyed the spare office. Still, it was perfect for that afternoon’s task, and all that was needed to be done was to clean the room a bit. Thank goodness for magic. With a muttered incantation here and another there, soon the air was cleaner than it was originally. This was a good thing for she had no idea if her younger friend who would be soon joining her was allergic to dust.

Speaking of...

He should be there shortly. Claudine checked her watch out of habit rather than out of impatience. It was a good afternoon to be of help to a curious youngster.
It was kind of ironic that Claudine had chosen the spare office to use as a practice ground. Had she known that this was one of his favourite locations next to the library? It was also kind of funny how it had been two Slytherin's who had helped him out with magic in here.

He was late for their meeting though so the second year was dashing up the stairs to get to the sixth floor and as he approached the door he SLAMMED it open. The door crashing against the wall as he entered.

"I'm not late you're early" was the first thing he said instead of 'sorry i'm late'. He placed his backpack against the wall and looked around. "I see the house-elves have put themselves useful and finally dusted this room"
__________________
DuckyLinJi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 04:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


DIMC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SHIELD's Helicarrier
Posts: 205,160

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

SPOILER!!: Daniel! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
It was kind of ironic that Claudine had chosen the spare office to use as a practice ground. Had she known that this was one of his favourite locations next to the library? It was also kind of funny how it had been two Slytherin's who had helped him out with magic in here.

He was late for their meeting though so the second year was dashing up the stairs to get to the sixth floor and as he approached the door he SLAMMED it open. The door crashing against the wall as he entered.

"I'm not late you're early" was the first thing he said instead of 'sorry i'm late'. He placed his backpack against the wall and looked around. "I see the house-elves have put themselves useful and finally dusted this room"


Claudine had not known this little fact. She had chosen this spot because it was usually private and due to that, Daniel could practice in peace. It would mean that he’d also be saved from any embarrassment if he happened to bust out some crazy dance moves. Claudine had amused herself with that thought all this while and she sort of hoped that it would actually happen. The quick look at her watch had told her that Daniel was somewhat late. She wasn’t about to get annoyed just yet, however. She’d give him about ten more minutes. After that, he’d face her wrath.

The Snakette spun around when the door bounced off the wall with quite a bang. Wait, what? She was early? “Oh no I’m not. You’re late, mister,’’ she told him, wagging a finger in his direction at the same time. Claudine didn’t say it out loud but she had half expected Daniel to be late. It had just been her instinct. “Mhmm. They deserve credit.” Listen, she wasn’t up to explaining that she’d done the work. “Good thing too. We don’t want you sneezing all over the place.’’ The girl grinned. “All set for your practice?”
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 05:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DMT
Mountain Troll
 
DuckyLinJi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The couch
Posts: 23,873

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daniel Yoon
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Daichi Katharos
Transportation
x1 x2
Default
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post


Claudine had not known this little fact. She had chosen this spot because it was usually private and due to that, Daniel could practice in peace. It would mean that he’d also be saved from any embarrassment if he happened to bust out some crazy dance moves. Claudine had amused herself with that thought all this while and she sort of hoped that it would actually happen. The quick look at her watch had told her that Daniel was somewhat late. She wasn’t about to get annoyed just yet, however. She’d give him about ten more minutes. After that, he’d face her wrath.

The Snakette spun around when the door bounced off the wall with quite a bang. Wait, what? She was early? “Oh no I’m not. You’re late, mister,’’ she told him, wagging a finger in his direction at the same time. Claudine didn’t say it out loud but she had half expected Daniel to be late. It had just been her instinct. “Mhmm. They deserve credit.” Listen, she wasn’t up to explaining that she’d done the work. “Good thing too. We don’t want you sneezing all over the place.’’ The girl grinned. “All set for your practice?”
"Yeah well, whatever" the twelve-year-old rolled his eyes as Claudine wagged a finger at him. He turned around to close the door behind him and walked further into the room until he stood near the older girl. "I don't sneeze" he lied while cocking his head to the side a little bit as he gazed at her and as she asked if he was ready for practice, Daniel nodded his head.

He took back a few steps and took his wand out of his expensive holster and began to twirl it between his fingers before accidentally dropping it onto the rug. "Oops" he said and stooped down to pick it up again. "I still can't do that" he said more to himself than to the Slytherin. "Anyway, I am ready. I wanted to learn this spell over the summer by practising it on my older brother...but I'm still underage so I couldn't" cue another eye roll. "Can't wait till I'm your age" life would be so much better if he could use magic all the time.
__________________
DuckyLinJi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 02:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


DIMC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SHIELD's Helicarrier
Posts: 205,160

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

SPOILER!!: Daniel! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
"Yeah well, whatever" the twelve-year-old rolled his eyes as Claudine wagged a finger at him. He turned around to close the door behind him and walked further into the room until he stood near the older girl. "I don't sneeze" he lied while cocking his head to the side a little bit as he gazed at her and as she asked if he was ready for practice, Daniel nodded his head.

He took back a few steps and took his wand out of his expensive holster and began to twirl it between his fingers before accidentally dropping it onto the rug. "Oops" he said and stooped down to pick it up again. "I still can't do that" he said more to himself than to the Slytherin. "Anyway, I am ready. I wanted to learn this spell over the summer by practising it on my older brother...but I'm still underage so I couldn't" cue another eye roll. "Can't wait till I'm your age" life would be so much better if he could use magic all the time.


Claudine rolled her eyes too. So sassy, this one. Luckily, Claudine was wise enough not to take that sassiness to heart, mainly because Daniel sort of reminded her of a slightly younger version of herself. “Uh huh. Because you’re inhuman.” Hey, the only way one didn’t sneeze was if they were anything but human, right? Unless there was some new potion about that prevented the action which she didn’t know about as yet.

At least Daniel had come prepared for practice. A+ on that aspect, Daniel. “Practice makes perfect,’’ the seventh year said after watching the wand fall. “You seem to have a lot of goals, which is a good thing.” Then she was laughing. “Patience, young one.” She felt like a very wise sensei here, and she was enjoying herself. “Right now we focus on the Dancing Feet Spell. Let’s start with what you know of it. Incantation? Wand movement? Who invented it? Anything, really.”
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 02:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DMT
Mountain Troll
 
DuckyLinJi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The couch
Posts: 23,873

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daniel Yoon
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Daichi Katharos
Transportation
x1 x2
Default
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post


Claudine rolled her eyes too. So sassy, this one. Luckily, Claudine was wise enough not to take that sassiness to heart, mainly because Daniel sort of reminded her of a slightly younger version of herself. “Uh huh. Because you’re inhuman.” Hey, the only way one didn’t sneeze was if they were anything but human, right? Unless there was some new potion about that prevented the action which she didn’t know about as yet.

At least Daniel had come prepared for practice. A+ on that aspect, Daniel. “Practice makes perfect,’’ the seventh year said after watching the wand fall. “You seem to have a lot of goals, which is a good thing.” Then she was laughing. “Patience, young one.” She felt like a very wise sensei here, and she was enjoying herself. “Right now we focus on the Dancing Feet Spell. Let’s start with what you know of it. Incantation? Wand movement? Who invented it? Anything, really.”
"Wouldn't be the first time I've heard that" he said, completely missing the point of what she meant with inhuman. His sense of morality had been questioned a couple of times over the years though. Not only at home but also in school. But he couldn't be that bad if Lisa Nam considered him a friend, right? Then again wasn't she friends with EVERYONE?

Daniel had been prepared for this. And no, he didn't want to learn this spell because he wanted to learn how to dance. That was silly. He wanted to have a good charm at the ready that could humiliate people in public if they annoyed him. "I just think that the Ministry should change the bylaw for underage kids like me so that we can still practice magic during the summers" AKA he had no patience. "It's time for a bit of change after over 200 years don't you think?"

Oh right, the spell. He had gotten sidetracked for a moment but nodded his head to show Claudine that he was ready. "The incantation is Ta..." he frowned. "Tarantulle-no Tarantallegra and I don't think the inventor is known, right?" was that a trick question?
__________________
DuckyLinJi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 01:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


DIMC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SHIELD's Helicarrier
Posts: 205,160

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

SPOILER!!: Daniel! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
"Wouldn't be the first time I've heard that" he said, completely missing the point of what she meant with inhuman. His sense of morality had been questioned a couple of times over the years though. Not only at home but also in school. But he couldn't be that bad if Lisa Nam considered him a friend, right? Then again wasn't she friends with EVERYONE?

Daniel had been prepared for this. And no, he didn't want to learn this spell because he wanted to learn how to dance. That was silly. He wanted to have a good charm at the ready that could humiliate people in public if they annoyed him. "I just think that the Ministry should change the bylaw for underage kids like me so that we can still practice magic during the summers" AKA he had no patience. "It's time for a bit of change after over 200 years don't you think?"

Oh right, the spell. He had gotten sidetracked for a moment but nodded his head to show Claudine that he was ready. "The incantation is Ta..." he frowned. "Tarantulle-no Tarantallegra and I don't think the inventor is known, right?" was that a trick question?


This sassy Hufflepuff… if he carried on Claudine would be quite tempted to cast Langlock on him. She amused herself a bit by picturing it. Was this how Severus Snape felt t times when he encountered insufferable know-it-alls? “Um… no.” Claudine came out of her daydream to eye Daniel sternly. “Kids like you are the reason we need that ‘of age’ law. I’m quite sure that you’d get overly excited using your magic out of Hogwarts. Who knows what accidental mayhem you’ll cause.” But she did feel his frustration, having felt it herself before. “You’ll get there one day. Patience is key.” He was a Hufflepuff, after all, and it was a trait Puff valued.

“That’s right,’’ the Slytherin replied, bobbing her head. She grinned a bit. “The inventor isn’t important but the wand movement is.” Listen, even she did not know who came up with such a spell. “Just remember that the spell works on both animate and inanimate objects.” The dragon heartstring wand was raised. “The movement is…” There came a demonstration. And another, and another. “It’s like a pair of feet dancing. Do you need me to draw it on a piece of parchment if that’ll help further?”
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 10:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DMT
Mountain Troll
 
DuckyLinJi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The couch
Posts: 23,873

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daniel Yoon
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Daichi Katharos
Transportation
x1 x2
Default
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post


This sassy Hufflepuff… if he carried on Claudine would be quite tempted to cast Langlock on him. She amused herself a bit by picturing it. Was this how Severus Snape felt t times when he encountered insufferable know-it-alls? “Um… no.” Claudine came out of her daydream to eye Daniel sternly. “Kids like you are the reason we need that ‘of age’ law. I’m quite sure that you’d get overly excited using your magic out of Hogwarts. Who knows what accidental mayhem you’ll cause.” But she did feel his frustration, having felt it herself before. “You’ll get there one day. Patience is key.” He was a Hufflepuff, after all, and it was a trait Puff valued.

“That’s right,’’ the Slytherin replied, bobbing her head. She grinned a bit. “The inventor isn’t important but the wand movement is.” Listen, even she did not know who came up with such a spell. “Just remember that the spell works on both animate and inanimate objects.” The dragon heartstring wand was raised. “The movement is…” There came a demonstration. And another, and another. “It’s like a pair of feet dancing. Do you need me to draw it on a piece of parchment if that’ll help further?”
What did she mean with 'kids like him'?!

“No but listen. Why does the trace have to be on me even when I'm at home?” he asked, not fazed at all by Claudine's strict look. “ I mean, can't it be off at least there , my parents know I can do magic even though they're muggles!” Dahlia had agreed with him about this over the summer “Besides” he lifted up his chin a little I know how to control my magic unlike others” Atlas. He meant Atlas. He hadn't forgotten how the Gryffindor had looked at the tip of his own wand before using Aguamenti. Actually, that had been pretty funny. “Waiting sucks”

Daniel watched the demonstration carefully, his dark brown eyes following the wand movement. “No, I'm good” he said as Claudine asked if she had to draw it down. “So like this?” he raised his spruce wand in the air and after a couple of tries he had copied her movement to a T. He was a quick learner and the movement wasn't that challenging “Can we do the real thing now?”
__________________
DuckyLinJi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 11:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


DIMC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SHIELD's Helicarrier
Posts: 205,160

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

SPOILER!!: Daniel! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
What did she mean with 'kids like him'?!

“No but listen. Why does the trace have to be on me even when I'm at home?” he asked, not fazed at all by Claudine's strict look. “ I mean, can't it be off at least there , my parents know I can do magic even though they're muggles!” Dahlia had agreed with him about this over the summer “Besides” he lifted up his chin a little I know how to control my magic unlike others” Atlas. He meant Atlas. He hadn't forgotten how the Gryffindor had looked at the tip of his own wand before using Aguamenti. Actually, that had been pretty funny. “Waiting sucks”

Daniel watched the demonstration carefully, his dark brown eyes following the wand movement. “No, I'm good” he said as Claudine asked if she had to draw it down. “So like this?” he raised his spruce wand in the air and after a couple of tries he had copied her movement to a T. He was a quick learner and the movement wasn't that challenging “Can we do the real thing now?”


Sassy, rebellious kids. That’s what Claudine meant because that was her opinion of him. This opinion was not in the bad sense. Rebelliousness could be a good thing. Sassy could be entertaining. “That’s the way the Trace works unfortunately. I would like to think that it has no way of sensing when you’re at home, just that you are underage. Then if you visit somewhere in the Muggle world that isn’t your home and you perform magic, the Ministry will be alerted.” She smiled gently, remembering all those times that she too had been indignant about the Statute of Secrecy for Underage Magic. “I’m sure you can but the Ministry wouldn’t care about that. Apparently you have to be seventeen and over to be able to handle spells well enough.” Claudine rolled her eyes. “Anyway. Not everyone will be able to control their magic so the way I see it, the Ministry is covering their bases by implementing the Trace where necessary.''

Claudine watched carefully as she wanted to ensure Daniel made no mistake. Merlin knew incantations and wand movements were super important. But the Hufflepuff seemed to have it all under control. The Slytherin was secretly proud. “Good job.” She took a few paces away from him. “Come on. Try the spell on me first, if you want. Or you can try it on yourself.”
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 08:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DMT
Mountain Troll
 
DuckyLinJi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The couch
Posts: 23,873

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daniel Yoon
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Daichi Katharos
Transportation
x1 x2
Default
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

Yes. He understood that that was how The Trace worked but he still did not like it. The second year crossed his arms in front of his chest as he said "Well, there will be some changes if I become Minister" no worries though, he did not have his mind set on becoming one. But one never knew for sure what the future held in store for them.

Speaking of controlling their magic, Daniel was positive that he had the wand movement down by now as well as the incantation. There had been some tripping over the word because it was not an easy incantation to pronounce. But it came out easy by now. The Hufflepuff looked up at the Slutherin and as she announced that it was time to practice the spell for real.

Excitement flashed in his eyes as Claudine took a few steps back. He raised his wand, and without hesitation, before the seventh year had even finished what she was saying because all he heard was 'come on, try the spell on me first', he had already done the wand movement and shouted "Tarantallegra!"

Had it worked?!
__________________
DuckyLinJi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 11:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


DIMC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SHIELD's Helicarrier
Posts: 205,160

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

SPOILER!!: Daniel! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
Yes. He understood that that was how The Trace worked but he still did not like it. The second year crossed his arms in front of his chest as he said "Well, there will be some changes if I become Minister" no worries though, he did not have his mind set on becoming one. But one never knew for sure what the future held in store for them.

Speaking of controlling their magic, Daniel was positive that he had the wand movement down by now as well as the incantation. There had been some tripping over the word because it was not an easy incantation to pronounce. But it came out easy by now. The Hufflepuff looked up at the Slutherin and as she announced that it was time to practice the spell for real.

Excitement flashed in his eyes as Claudine took a few steps back. He raised his wand, and without hesitation, before the seventh year had even finished what she was saying because all he heard was 'come on, try the spell on me first', he had already done the wand movement and shouted "Tarantallegra!"

Had it worked?!


Interesting.

That was the first week that came to mind when Daniel revealed his potential ambition. Of course there were bound to be others who had the same dream but a little encouragement couldn't hurt. “If that’s what you want, then go for it. At least I’d be able to say that I know the Minister of Magic.” Claudine grinned. She herself couldn’t be Minister. Her already thin patience with stupid humans would wear out in no time and she’d probably jinx someone on the first day of the job.

Okay. So he was going to practice on her. No big deal. The seventh year stood still and just barely because Daniel certainly wasted no time in throwing that incantation at her. It was with limited time that Claudine braced herself for her feet moving as though they had no owner. Nothing came. “Remember there must be will and intent.”
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 11:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DMT
Mountain Troll
 
DuckyLinJi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The couch
Posts: 23,873

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daniel Yoon
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Daichi Katharos
Transportation
x1 x2
Default
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

Daniel looked at Claudine as if she had just gotten three heads. His eyebrows raised up and he looked confused for a moment. "I don't want to become the Minister though. I don't want to deal with people. I prefer to be alone" he shrugged. "What I AM going to become though is the worlds greatest curse breaker!"

The Hufflepuff watched her feet carefully, his expression eager as he willed those legs to dance. But nothing happened. Not even a little hop. "Are you kidding me?" he said but not at her but at his wand. The wandmaker had told him that his wand could have a mind of its own sometimes.

Her words reminded him of another conversation he had had in this same office though and he concentrated on what the other Slytherin had told him that day. "Nemesis told me the same thing when they helped me with my shield charm. Funnily enough also in this room" Did she knew he could do a shield charm?! Cause he'd gladly show her if she wanted. They had also said that he should visualize the spell he wanted to use. "Wait a moment" he said to Claudine and closed his eyes. Don't use the spell on me!' he warned and then took a deep breath.

He visualized a light travelling towards her legs and tried to pictured them moving uncontrollably. He opened his eyes again and lifted up his wand a second time. "Ready" he said, looking different this time. It wasn't just the power of the spell that he was going to send her way but also his will for it to work and the intent that her legs would start moving as well.

"Tarantallegra!"
__________________
DuckyLinJi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 05:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


DIMC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SHIELD's Helicarrier
Posts: 205,160

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

SPOILER!!: Daniellll <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
Daniel looked at Claudine as if she had just gotten three heads. His eyebrows raised up and he looked confused for a moment. "I don't want to become the Minister though. I don't want to deal with people. I prefer to be alone" he shrugged. "What I AM going to become though is the worlds greatest curse breaker!"

The Hufflepuff watched her feet carefully, his expression eager as he willed those legs to dance. But nothing happened. Not even a little hop. "Are you kidding me?" he said but not at her but at his wand. The wandmaker had told him that his wand could have a mind of its own sometimes.

Her words reminded him of another conversation he had had in this same office though and he concentrated on what the other Slytherin had told him that day. "Nemesis told me the same thing when they helped me with my shield charm. Funnily enough also in this room" Did she knew he could do a shield charm?! Cause he'd gladly show her if she wanted. They had also said that he should visualize the spell he wanted to use. "Wait a moment" he said to Claudine and closed his eyes. Don't use the spell on me!' he warned and then took a deep breath.

He visualized a light travelling towards her legs and tried to pictured them moving uncontrollably. He opened his eyes again and lifted up his wand a second time. "Ready" he said, looking different this time. It wasn't just the power of the spell that he was going to send her way but also his will for it to work and the intent that her legs would start moving as well.

"Tarantallegra!"


Claudine further amused herself with Daniel’s reaction, quite positive she recognised the look as it was one she constantly gave others who annoyed her. Fine then. She wouldn’t be having any Minister friend in the form of this Hufflepuff. “You, Mr. Yoon, are going to have quite a bit of adventures then.” It was one of the perks of being a cursebreaker, right?

The Snakette resisted the urge to chuckle. Talking to one’s wand was not that unusual. There was a roll of her eyes at the mention of Nem. She still went about ignoring their existence since the events with Rosier. “Slytherins think alike it seems,” came her dry reply. Then she really did chuckle at the other comment. “Darn it. Did you have to foil my plan, Daniel?” Oh well. She wouldn’t use the spell on him. Not yet.

As Claudine watched Daniel seemingly gathering himself, she couldn’t help but have a good feeling about his next bit of spellwork. For that reason, she braced herself. Her instinct was right. No sooner than he cast the spell did her feet start to jerk and kick uncontrollably beneath her.

Ugh.

She didn’t like this one bit.
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 04:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DMT
Mountain Troll
 
DuckyLinJi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The couch
Posts: 23,873

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daniel Yoon
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Daichi Katharos
Transportation
x1 x2
Default
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

"I'm not truly excited about adventures, I prefer reading them in my books but I guess it comes with the job" he was more interested in collecting dark artifacts. Not to use or make them, no he wanted to study them and of course break the curses on them. Which in itself would be quite an adventure he guessed. "What are you going to do when you leave here?"

The roll of her eyes when he mentioned the other Slytherin had not gone unnoticed by the Hufflepuff. He had found out that some students did not like them around but no one would explain to him why. Ok, to be fair he never asked but still! "yeah, I guess..." he replied before gathering his courage and looked at Claudine. "Last year you said that you were a friend of my brother. Well he said something weird to me over the summer, kind of like a warning but I don't understand it" he said. "Maybe you can help figure it out?" he waited a bit before saying what his brother had told him because if she didn't want to help out then he was not going to mention it.

"Of course, foiling plans is my specialty" not really but it still made him grin and he did hear her chuckle when his eyes were closed. After firing the spell, Daniel opened his eyes to check if Claudine was dancing and when he saw her legs moving about uncontrollably, he laughed.

He would let this continue for a moment because why not? Hehe
__________________
DuckyLinJi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 11:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


DIMC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SHIELD's Helicarrier
Posts: 205,160

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

SPOILER!!: Daniel! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
"I'm not truly excited about adventures, I prefer reading them in my books but I guess it comes with the job" he was more interested in collecting dark artifacts. Not to use or make them, no he wanted to study them and of course break the curses on them. Which in itself would be quite an adventure he guessed. "What are you going to do when you leave here?"

The roll of her eyes when he mentioned the other Slytherin had not gone unnoticed by the Hufflepuff. He had found out that some students did not like them around but no one would explain to him why. Ok, to be fair he never asked but still! "yeah, I guess..." he replied before gathering his courage and looked at Claudine. "Last year you said that you were a friend of my brother. Well he said something weird to me over the summer, kind of like a warning but I don't understand it" he said. "Maybe you can help figure it out?" he waited a bit before saying what his brother had told him because if she didn't want to help out then he was not going to mention it.

"Of course, foiling plans is my specialty" not really but it still made him grin and he did hear her chuckle when his eyes were closed. After firing the spell, Daniel opened his eyes to check if Claudine was dancing and when he saw her legs moving about uncontrollably, he laughed.

He would let this continue for a moment because why not? Hehe


Claudine inwardly sighed. Had she known better, she would have thought that Daniel was being difficult but instinct told her he was not. “Well, whatever it is you want to do, and however you want to do it, I hope it works out for you.” She needed no time to even think about the question. “Something in the field of Magizoology. I haven’t decided what as yet but I’ll figure it out. The next step for me will be wizarding university.” Four more years of studying. The joy.

The mention of Minjae visibly brightened Claudine’s face. That boy had been one of the few whom she had genuinely liked. Anyway. She had a hunch that Daniel was about to say something else that was in some way related to Nem. “A warning about what? I’ll do my best to help you figure it out.” Yes, she was being completely honest.

Oh, she was going to kill you, Daniel, for keeping this up longer than necessary. The seventh year barely had time to narrow her eyes at the Hufflepuff because the uncontrollable and unpredictable movements of her feet were rather distracting. Her heart rate started to elevate at the quick movements, as though she were exercising. Luckily her wand had been in her hand all this while. “Finite.’’ The incantation came out in a quivering sort of voice but it was enough - her feet came to a sudden stop. She pushed some strands of hair out of her face. “That’s a good start, Daniel. I’m impressed.” And she wasn’t easily impressed. “Want to try it out on that chair over there? Just to be sure you’ve got it down to inanimate objects as well.”
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 12:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DMT
Mountain Troll
 
DuckyLinJi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The couch
Posts: 23,873

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daniel Yoon
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Daichi Katharos
Transportation
x1 x2
Default
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

Magizoology was a profession he had never even considered doing. Other than having to study magical creatures in classes, he had never felt a bond with the creatures. Even his cat disliked him and that was saying something. "Are you going to specialize in a specific creature?" he asked.

The noticeable brightening of her face at the mention of his brother was noted and again, he wondered WHY Minjae was so liked. "Well i talked about my first year to him and when i mentioned Nem's name he got so upset that he shouted at me to never talk to them and then stormed off!" And the worst part was that he never got an explanation. This was what truly annoyed him. The fact that his brother never faced his troubles but avoided them by pretending that nothing had happened. "Do you know if something happened between them?" he asked, hoping that she knew at least one thing about this.

Pleased that his spell had worked this time, Daniel took pleasure in seeing Claudine's legs kicking around wildly in a sort of awkward dance and he couldn't wait to use it on people who got under his skin. At the praise, Daniel pushed out his chest proudly and grinned at the older student. "Thanks! And thanks for helping me out" he added. Claudine was fast going on his 'people I like' list. "I practice new spells all the time in the common room." Maybe that was why he got it under control so fast.

Inanimate objects? Daniel turned to look around the empty room before raising his eyebrows at Claudine. "Did all that dancing affect your brain? Cause I don't see a chair anywhere?"
__________________
DuckyLinJi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 11:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


DIMC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SHIELD's Helicarrier
Posts: 205,160

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

SPOILER!!: Ruuude Daniel! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
Magizoology was a profession he had never even considered doing. Other than having to study magical creatures in classes, he had never felt a bond with the creatures. Even his cat disliked him and that was saying something. "Are you going to specialize in a specific creature?" he asked.

The noticeable brightening of her face at the mention of his brother was noted and again, he wondered WHY Minjae was so liked. "Well i talked about my first year to him and when i mentioned Nem's name he got so upset that he shouted at me to never talk to them and then stormed off!" And the worst part was that he never got an explanation. This was what truly annoyed him. The fact that his brother never faced his troubles but avoided them by pretending that nothing had happened. "Do you know if something happened between them?" he asked, hoping that she knew at least one thing about this.

Pleased that his spell had worked this time, Daniel took pleasure in seeing Claudine's legs kicking around wildly in a sort of awkward dance and he couldn't wait to use it on people who got under his skin. At the praise, Daniel pushed out his chest proudly and grinned at the older student. "Thanks! And thanks for helping me out" he added. Claudine was fast going on his 'people I like' list. "I practice new spells all the time in the common room." Maybe that was why he got it under control so fast.

Inanimate objects? Daniel turned to look around the empty room before raising his eyebrows at Claudine. "Did all that dancing affect your brain? Cause I don't see a chair anywhere?"


The Snakette shook her head immediately since it was one that she had thought about constantly. “General. I mean, why not learn about as many creatures that you possibly can?’’ The ambitious trait in her radiated brightly in this way. “And yes, adventures come with a cursebreaking job so if you’re serious about it, I advise that you prepare yourself for them. Maybe you can start by reading about cursebreaking adventures if you haven’t already.”

Her face was kept carefully blank as she listened to Daniel recount Minjae’s actions. Claudine honestly couldn’t say she blamed Minjae for that reaction though she supposed that Daniel was owed some sort of explanation given the fact that the boy was currently attending Hogwarts. “Well… perhaps not between them specifically but more in a general sense. To put it into simple and to-the-point words, Nem chose to side with the Neo Alliance for the most part.” That was all Daniel need to know, it should be enough to give him an idea why Minjae - and herself - disliked Nem.

Claudine was secretly pleased. If all failed in Magizoology, maybe a career in teaching would be something on which she could fall back on. “Anytime.” She grinned. “You’d better let me know if there’s other spells that you want to learn before this school year is done.” This was Claudine’s final one, after all. Um… what? Her gaze flicked around the room. Oh, that’s right. This wasn’t an empty classroom. But still. Did Daniel have to be so rude? Claudine’s face reflected great annoyance now. “Didn’t anyone ever teach you manners? Tarantallegra.” The spell was directed at Daniel’s feet, a form of revenge on him.
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 11:08 AM   #19 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DMT
Mountain Troll
 
DuckyLinJi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The couch
Posts: 23,873

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daniel Yoon
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Daichi Katharos
Transportation
x1 x2
Default
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

"I agree" he nodded. Why limit your knowledge to just one thing"But some people prefer to specialize in one creature which is foolish in my opinion" he added. "My dad taught me to always have two backup plans in case the first and second don't work out" His older brother had not listened to that advise which was why he was now struggling to find a job. "Idiot" he mumbled, clear that it was to his own thoughts.

"I'm already doing that" he answered as she began about his cursebreaking job. "I got a few books about the subject" And a rather unorthodox book about cursed objects from Dahlia that was charmed to look like a simple novel and had instructions on how to read it. The book in question was currently in his bag which was against the wall. He prefered to keep it close. "Do you know someone who's a cursebreaker?" he asked. "Maybe i can ask them some questions..."

He lowered his wand to his side and listened very carefully to what Claudine had to say regarding Nemesis and why his brother got so angry whenever their name was mentioned, no matter how briefly. But his anticipation did not life up to what he wanted to hear. In fact, he was disappointed and it was shown on his face. "That's it?" he asked after she didn't speak any further. "My brother hates Nemesis because he chose the side of the Alliance?" he repeated, scratching his neck. "I don't understand... isn't that Nem's choice?" here he thought that they had had an epic duel and his brother had lost. This information was just... well he didn't know what to think of it. "I bet you and my brother never asked Nem why they had joined" he muttered. "You know what, I don't care. I'm going to ask them myself. There's always two sides to a story" he had been wrong. This was getting interesting. Like a detective story in one of his novels. Now he just had to find them...

"Will do"He had a lot more spells that he wanted to learn but for now he had to focus on the few he was currently learning. Daniel did not miss the annoyed look on Claudine's face and he blinked his eyes in a fake innocent manner but quickly lifted his wand and pointed it in front of him when he realized she was already performing the dancing feet spell on him.

"Protego!" a barrier was put up between them but the shield that he had learned only a few months ago and had to put up in a matter of seconds was too flimsy against the seventh year's spell. The shield broke and his feet were hit and a moment later they were moving around wildly in a kind of awkward dance.

"I never said you could..." he breathed heavily, unable to finish his sentence. He was so out of shape "...ok ok I get it, now stop the spell" He was glad they were not in public. He didn't want to imagine how embarrassing it would be to get hit by this spell in public... it would be so humiliating.

It was perfect.
__________________
DuckyLinJi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:40 AM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213