sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

There are 480 users online including...
jerseysauthenti , astrocat , sbowsbows , hermionesclone , zinniwill , natethegreat , Emzily

11 members
469 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry > Sixth Floor


Sixth Floor If you've made it this far up, you've either got classes or technically live around here. The music room and spare office are among the rooms here, as well as the Transfiguration classroom.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-04-2018, 12:52 PM
DaniDiNardo DaniDiNardo is offline
 
Default Music Classroom


Upon entering this large classroom, it is very obvious what its purpose is. This room is dedicated to teaching Muggle and Wizard Music and is used by members of both the Frog Choir and Orchestra. Instrument cases of all shapes and sizes as well as rows of music stands with accompanying stools fill the inside of this room. In the front, a conductor's stand is positioned in between a polished black piano and a complete drum set.

For many at Hogwarts, students and adults alike, this is one of their favourite places inside the castle. At various hours throughout the day, wonderful music is made and you get to take a break from anything overly theoretical and hone your musical talents. Fortunately for those in Transfiguration or in other parts of the castle, your marvelous melodies cannot disturb them for the room is completely soundproof. So play as loud as you want! This space can also be reserved after scheduled class hours if you and your friends have formed a band and need somewhere appropriate to practice.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 11:34 PM   #26 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Puffskein
 
astrocat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,101

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ashley "Ash" C. Fox
Third Year
Default

SPOILER!!: hiiii
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiallNIP View Post
Quinn sat back in his seat and harrumphed. "Well, they could've just evolved to eat nothing, right? Like, they could've just... evolved to subsist off of the nutrients in soil like all the other plants. And, I mean, they must've started using nutrients from the soil, cuz they're still plants, right? And then they evolved specifically to eat bugs. That's super uncool, if you ask me." Flesh-eating plants felt unnatural. Why couldn't they all just be pretty flowers with no drawbacks?

The near-death nose sardines weren't a memory Quinn enjoyed reminiscing on. He had forgiven Eden for it, but it was still just... a bad experience all around. And not something he felt deserved a congratulations. Quinn's brow furrowed. "...yeah, still not very fond of that memory. Glad that I didn't die. Don't think the sardines were worth it. I had nothing to do with them, anyway." Quinn was liking certain parts of this conversation less and less. Let's bring it somewhere better. "What was the charity you wanted to start? And are you back to talking with Samuel?" Quinn didn't like calling people by their nicknames if he didn't know them well. It felt weird to him.

Quinn thought Nem's constant calmness was rather annoying. Like they were keeping up this air to pretend like they were better and smarter than everyone else when they were really just a horrible person. Quinn thought they deserved to be taken down a notch. Quinn wanted to be the one to do it. He listened as Ash listed off the people she would never paint. "Is the third Emmerson?" He was pretty sure it would be. He wasn't sure who else could be so high on her list of enemies.

Quinn blinked at Ash's explanation of her memory. "Um... I'm not exactly sure that I follow." You could just... switch your memory from regular to photographic? That seemed basically impossible... unless it was some magic thing? But then she could just un-magic it, right? And did this have something to do with what happened the term before he got to Hogwarts? Where Ash, like, nearly burned down the forest?


"They probably would have gone extinct. They started off with just soil, but it can't have been working too well if they also need to eat bugs." Plus, they didn't eat that many bugs. Less than a dozen a month. They didn't like, make bugs extinct. Plus, Ash didn't see a problem with the natural food chain. If the predator animal/plant caught its food, then that animal deserved it. And if the prey escaped, then it deserved it. Everyone needed to eat, Venus Flytraps included.

"Might not have been worth it, but you all survived, so not all bad." Plus, Eden made Emm shoot sardines out of her nose! Respect.

"I wanted to make a charity for muggleborns, and maybe one to get people their school supplies if they can't afford it. And maybe one offering free therapy. I know, that is so scandalous. I was obviously flirting, right? She snorted. Just kidding. She assumed that Emm either didn't know what they were talking about, or was just a huge idiot. Because when Ash wanted to flirt, she didn't talk about her own life. She talked about the other person's life and their mutual hobbies. The less someone knew about her, the better.

"I don't know where me and Sammy are at. I stopped avoiding him, but... I don't know. It could be worse. It could be better." A lot of things could be. Emm could be nicer, eliminating this problem. Ash could have stayed away, eliminating this problem. They could all die horribly, eliminating this problem in the worst way possible. You don't wish for a different life, because it could come true in the worst way possible. She learned that somewhere down the line. You wanted to not be a witch? Well, the pureblood supremacists would happily take care of that. You wanted to not go to the dumb propaganda classes they taught? They had a couple mirrors you might wanna try... wishes were the most twisted things of all, just looking and looking for a dangerous loophole.

"Of course the third one is Cambridge. Nobody else quite gets the honor. Not even Nem. Not even Kizzy. Not even all the people who pretend to like me, but are really just posers. My enemy list is special to me y'know." She smirked. "Not just any person who doesn't like me gets to be paid attention to. I would have too many enemies if I did that." Plus, Ash found it amusing for people who spent all their time judging her to find put that she really did not care.

"I don't understand either. Memories aren't supposed to work like that. You can't suddenly have a photographic memory, or at least I don't think so. You don't come out of a mirror and suddenly change like that. You just don't." Ash figured that the fact that she had a photographic memory coming out of the mirror meant that there was something seriously wrong. And she didn't know how to fix it, how to put it back so that she only had a very good memory instead. She wanted it gone. Because she thought it would mean she was okay, if it was gone. That the effects of the mirror were gone. That everything was normal. That she really was fine, and not just pretending.
astrocat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 01:21 AM   #27 (permalink)
Slytherin
Lobalug
 
wednesday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 173

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Olive (Ollie) Burke
First Year
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson View Post
Nah, it’ll be fiiiiiine,” she quickly said with a confident nod. They were going to be awesome. Believing you were awesome was half the battle, right? Besides she figured Ollie was too humble about her ability. She then proceeded to crack her knuckles like a professional and watch Ollie get ready.

She nodded in reply and then set the tempo. “A one.. two.. one.. two.. three. Four!” And Lisa Nam started to play a glorified mashup of chopsticks and jingle bells.

By Jove, it was atrocious.
She laughed at Lisa's confidence. She wished she could be as confident in this moment as her friend was. "If you say so." She got her viola ready and took a deep breath. She listened to Lisa count down and mentally prepared.

Before she could play her opening note, Lisa's piano took off on a mix of something Ollie wasn't sure of. She dropped her arms putting her violin and viola at her side, staring at her friend in amazement. What was going on? All she could make out was a few notes from... was it jingle bells? "Wow, Lees, this is something."
wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 02:47 AM   #28 (permalink)


DMC
Ravenclaw
Imp
 
NiallNIP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Back in Louisiana
Posts: 456

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Quinn Kingsley
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kittredge Flannigan
Magical Creatures

Diagon Alley Employee:
Euphrosyne "Phro" Texeira
The Leaky Cauldron
Default
The Gay Agenda™< >Homiesexual uwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
"They probably would have gone extinct. They started off with just soil, but it can't have been working too well if they also need to eat bugs." Plus, they didn't eat that many bugs. Less than a dozen a month. They didn't like, make bugs extinct. Plus, Ash didn't see a problem with the natural food chain. If the predator animal/plant caught its food, then that animal deserved it. And if the prey escaped, then it deserved it. Everyone needed to eat, Venus Flytraps included.

"Might not have been worth it, but you all survived, so not all bad." Plus, Eden made Emm shoot sardines out of her nose! Respect.

"I wanted to make a charity for muggleborns, and maybe one to get people their school supplies if they can't afford it. And maybe one offering free therapy. I know, that is so scandalous. I was obviously flirting, right? She snorted. Just kidding. She assumed that Emm either didn't know what they were talking about, or was just a huge idiot. Because when Ash wanted to flirt, she didn't talk about her own life. She talked about the other person's life and their mutual hobbies. The less someone knew about her, the better.

"I don't know where me and Sammy are at. I stopped avoiding him, but... I don't know. It could be worse. It could be better." A lot of things could be. Emm could be nicer, eliminating this problem. Ash could have stayed away, eliminating this problem. They could all die horribly, eliminating this problem in the worst way possible. You don't wish for a different life, because it could come true in the worst way possible. She learned that somewhere down the line. You wanted to not be a witch? Well, the pureblood supremacists would happily take care of that. You wanted to not go to the dumb propaganda classes they taught? They had a couple mirrors you might wanna try... wishes were the most twisted things of all, just looking and looking for a dangerous loophole.

"Of course the third one is Cambridge. Nobody else quite gets the honor. Not even Nem. Not even Kizzy. Not even all the people who pretend to like me, but are really just posers. My enemy list is special to me y'know." She smirked. "Not just any person who doesn't like me gets to be paid attention to. I would have too many enemies if I did that." Plus, Ash found it amusing for people who spent all their time judging her to find put that she really did not care.

"I don't understand either. Memories aren't supposed to work like that. You can't suddenly have a photographic memory, or at least I don't think so. You don't come out of a mirror and suddenly change like that. You just don't." Ash figured that the fact that she had a photographic memory coming out of the mirror meant that there was something seriously wrong. And she didn't know how to fix it, how to put it back so that she only had a very good memory instead. She wanted it gone. Because she thought it would mean she was okay, if it was gone. That the effects of the mirror were gone. That everything was normal. That she really was fine, and not just pretending.
They could have evolved in, like, so many other directions to make the soil work for them. But Quinn chose not to vocalize that, because then it would be a quasi-argument over something stupid. Instead, he just finished it off with, "Yeah, I guess. But I definitely would rather man-eating hedges didn't exist. Those suck bad, you can't deny." Why would a hedge eat a person? Regular hedges were just fine. They didn't need to eat people and they were still hedges.

Quinn pointedly didn't respond to the not so bad comment. He didn't want to talk about that incident anymore. He had already forgiven Eden for it so there was no use getting upset about it again, but he didn't quite like how Ash viewed it. She may have been fine being threatened with death last term, but he was not. Especially when he was just there—didn't do a single thing wrong!—but he got lumped in for it. So, yeah, in Quinn's opinion, it was pretty bad.

Quinn didn't know much about flirting. He wasn't very comfortable when it came to romance.... he thought that reading about it was nice, or that other peoples' relationships were cute—a lot of the younger kids seemed like they didn't know what they were doing, though, in his opinion. He didn't think that he would be any better if he were to get into a relationship—which, he wouldn't be anytime soon, maybe ever—but the way they did things... maybe not the best way to do things. Aries and Kinsay, for instance. He honestly wasn't sure if you could really call them a couple. Emmerson and Samuel.... he thought that Emmerson would probably ruin that by herself. Either way, romance wasn't for him. No matter how many butterflies he got. Or cheek smooches he gave. Butterflies were deceptive little creatures, and cheek smooches.... were friendly. Friendly cheek smooches. "Well, I think that sounds like a nice charity, at least. If you end up starting it I'd like to help, or at least support it."

Quinn hummed and side-frowned. "Well, I don't think it's fair for you to be down a friend because Emmerson is a horrible person. Samuel should really distance himself from her. But if he's still supporting her after everything she did last term... then he kinda sucks, too, right? Emmerson literally sucks. I don't know one redeeming quality—I mean, I don't know her well, but I don't really want to. And if he still wants to be her friend, let alone boyfriend, after all that? That's basically saying that he doesn't care that she did that stuff. At least, that's my view on it," he shrugged. Quinn didn't have room to give second chances to people who were horrible for no reason. Especially when they showed no signs of remorse. Those people didn't deserve his time or energy, and he didn't know why anyone would allow those kinds of people to be part of their life. If someone sucked, they sucked. End of discussion. And they didn't deserve a second thought.

Hm. He wasn't sure how many people didn't like Ash. She definitely had an abrasive personality, so he could see how she could have a fair amount of people who didn't like her... but he wasn't sure who would be on that roster. Besides the usual suspects. "I guess that makes sense. I hope more people like you than you think, though."

Quinn hummed in thought again. So, it was after she came out of the mirror..? "Have you talked to any of the professors about it? They might know something about what you're experiencing. They could help."
NiallNIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 11:42 AM   #29 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Puffskein
 
astrocat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,101

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ashley "Ash" C. Fox
Third Year
Default

SPOILER!!: Quinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiallNIP View Post
They could have evolved in, like, so many other directions to make the soil work for them. But Quinn chose not to vocalize that, because then it would be a quasi-argument over something stupid. Instead, he just finished it off with, "Yeah, I guess. But I definitely would rather man-eating hedges didn't exist. Those suck bad, you can't deny." Why would a hedge eat a person? Regular hedges were just fine. They didn't need to eat people and they were still hedges.

Quinn pointedly didn't respond to the not so bad comment. He didn't want to talk about that incident anymore. He had already forgiven Eden for it so there was no use getting upset about it again, but he didn't quite like how Ash viewed it. She may have been fine being threatened with death last term, but he was not. Especially when he was just there—didn't do a single thing wrong!—but he got lumped in for it. So, yeah, in Quinn's opinion, it was pretty bad.

Quinn didn't know much about flirting. He wasn't very comfortable when it came to romance.... he thought that reading about it was nice, or that other peoples' relationships were cute—a lot of the younger kids seemed like they didn't know what they were doing, though, in his opinion. He didn't think that he would be any better if he were to get into a relationship—which, he wouldn't be anytime soon, maybe ever—but the way they did things... maybe not the best way to do things. Aries and Kinsay, for instance. He honestly wasn't sure if you could really call them a couple. Emmerson and Samuel.... he thought that Emmerson would probably ruin that by herself. Either way, romance wasn't for him. No matter how many butterflies he got. Or cheek smooches he gave. Butterflies were deceptive little creatures, and cheek smooches.... were friendly. Friendly cheek smooches. "Well, I think that sounds like a nice charity, at least. If you end up starting it I'd like to help, or at least support it."

Quinn hummed and side-frowned. "Well, I don't think it's fair for you to be down a friend because Emmerson is a horrible person. Samuel should really distance himself from her. But if he's still supporting her after everything she did last term... then he kinda sucks, too, right? Emmerson literally sucks. I don't know one redeeming quality—I mean, I don't know her well, but I don't really want to. And if he still wants to be her friend, let alone boyfriend, after all that? That's basically saying that he doesn't care that she did that stuff. At least, that's my view on it," he shrugged. Quinn didn't have room to give second chances to people who were horrible for no reason. Especially when they showed no signs of remorse. Those people didn't deserve his time or energy, and he didn't know why anyone would allow those kinds of people to be part of their life. If someone sucked, they sucked. End of discussion. And they didn't deserve a second thought.

Hm. He wasn't sure how many people didn't like Ash. She definitely had an abrasive personality, so he could see how she could have a fair amount of people who didn't like her... but he wasn't sure who would be on that roster. Besides the usual suspects. "I guess that makes sense. I hope more people like you than you think, though."

Quinn hummed in thought again. So, it was after she came out of the mirror..? "Have you talked to any of the professors about it? They might know something about what you're experiencing. They could help."


"That's true. I have no idea why man-eating hedges exist, except for sitting outside sinister and secret evil lairs." She grinned evilly, then giggled. "But yeah, they suck." Just get normal sinister-looking hedges like every other sane supervillain.

Why did they have to talk about Sammy? Because, to be honest, Ash had been wondering the same things about him. If he could really be friends with her AND Cambridge. But she was trying to ignore that, just like with all of her other problems. "I don't think they're dating anymore. No surprise there, to anybody other than her. But... I don't know. I don't want to hate him, you know what I mean? I just- like- but-" Big sigh. Ash rubbed her eye, wearily. "I know too many mean enemies to be able to care the same way about the nice ones. Except Healer Poppy. I think she's overcompensating for something. But other than her, I can't really bring myself to care. Does Cambridge's and Sammy's friendship hurt me? Yeah. But I can't do anything about it, so where do I go from that?" Nowhere was the answer. Ash hated that answer. It made her throat feel tight. There was nothing she felt comfortable doing. Breaking their friendship with each other felt wrong, breaking her friendship with Sammy felt like a loss, and being friends with Cambridge had never been on the table. It was possible that Sammy didn't get why that was. But that was his problem, not hers. Ash knew why they couldn't be friends.

"I hope more people like me as well. But if they just don't like my personality or my views or my methods, that's alright." She wasn't going to change, and neither were they. So it goes.

"Maybe I'll talk to the divination professor. I don't truly believe in divination, but I don't believe in some other things that obviously are real to everyone else." Like Happiness. Some people obviously had it, but Ash didn't even know what it looked like or where to find it. Like peace, which Ash could not find in her heart or anywhere else. Like forgiveness, which Ash wish she had but didn't.

"Maybe I'll talk to her. Maybe." If she remembered... just kidding. If she worked up the courage to do it.
astrocat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 03:46 AM   #30 (permalink)



DMLE
Mooncalf
 
Watson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Rhody!
Posts: 6,754

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lisa Nam
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Default
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Quote:
Originally Posted by wednesday View Post
She laughed at Lisa's confidence. She wished she could be as confident in this moment as her friend was. "If you say so." She got her viola ready and took a deep breath. She listened to Lisa count down and mentally prepared.

Before she could play her opening note, Lisa's piano took off on a mix of something Ollie wasn't sure of. She dropped her arms putting her violin and viola at her side, staring at her friend in amazement. What was going on? All she could make out was a few notes from... was it jingle bells? "Wow, Lees, this is something."
Lisa had been oh so ready for this. “I was born ready,” she winked before taking a deep breath. No matter how confident she appeared, she always got nervous the first breath before she played or did something. However she took the energy caused by the nervousness and fueled herself with it.

And this was what she had done in this moment.

Lisa had continued playing for a moment longer until she saw Ollie stop. Huh? Did she notice how atrocious she was? “See? No way you can be as bad as me.” It took a certain level of talent... She tilted her head curiously. “I know what you’re going to play is much, much prettier than whatever that mashup was.

She believed in her friend.
__________________
Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 01:08 PM   #31 (permalink)
Slytherin
Lobalug
 
wednesday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 173

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Olive (Ollie) Burke
First Year
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson View Post
Lisa had been oh so ready for this. “I was born ready,” she winked before taking a deep breath. No matter how confident she appeared, she always got nervous the first breath before she played or did something. However she took the energy caused by the nervousness and fueled herself with it.

And this was what she had done in this moment.

Lisa had continued playing for a moment longer until she saw Ollie stop. Huh? Did she notice how atrocious she was? “See? No way you can be as bad as me.” It took a certain level of talent... She tilted her head curiously. “I know what you’re going to play is much, much prettier than whatever that mashup was.

She believed in her friend.
One thing that Ollie really liked about Lisa was the she could joke about her self. Ollie wasn't able to do that. If she made a mistake, it messed up her whole day, or if she knew she was bad at something it would embarrass her really bad... like flying. So, she was glad to have a friend who could joke about things they were bad at or didn't know, maybe Lisa could rub off on her.

It also made Ollie really happy that Lisa had confidence in her, even when Ollie had no confidence in herself. She knew what she wanted to play, The ‘Kreutzer’ Sonata No.9; Op. 47 in A Major by Beethoven, a piece she had down perfectly once upon a time ago. "Thanks Lisa. Sorry if it sounds really bad." She pulled her violin back to her shoulder and readied herself, closing her eyes and envisioning the sheet music in her head.

Annnnnndddd.... She began! It started off a little rocky, a few wrong notes her and there, but as she got further into the piece she started to sound much, much better. This was one of the pieces Ollie's dad made her learn when she wanted to sleepover at a friends house. She didn't get to, because she didn't have the piece perfect then, but she had practiced, and practiced to make it perfect.

She was a little more than halfway through the piece when her viola strings ripped completely. "GAH!"
wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 06:25 PM   #32 (permalink)


DMC
Ravenclaw
Imp
 
NiallNIP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Back in Louisiana
Posts: 456

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Quinn Kingsley
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kittredge Flannigan
Magical Creatures

Diagon Alley Employee:
Euphrosyne "Phro" Texeira
The Leaky Cauldron
Default Sorry sorry sorry about the wait!
The Gay Agenda™< >Homiesexual uwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post

"That's true. I have no idea why man-eating hedges exist, except for sitting outside sinister and secret evil lairs." She grinned evilly, then giggled. "But yeah, they suck." Just get normal sinister-looking hedges like every other sane supervillain.

Why did they have to talk about Sammy? Because, to be honest, Ash had been wondering the same things about him. If he could really be friends with her AND Cambridge. But she was trying to ignore that, just like with all of her other problems. "I don't think they're dating anymore. No surprise there, to anybody other than her. But... I don't know. I don't want to hate him, you know what I mean? I just- like- but-" Big sigh. Ash rubbed her eye, wearily. "I know too many mean enemies to be able to care the same way about the nice ones. Except Healer Poppy. I think she's overcompensating for something. But other than her, I can't really bring myself to care. Does Cambridge's and Sammy's friendship hurt me? Yeah. But I can't do anything about it, so where do I go from that?" Nowhere was the answer. Ash hated that answer. It made her throat feel tight. There was nothing she felt comfortable doing. Breaking their friendship with each other felt wrong, breaking her friendship with Sammy felt like a loss, and being friends with Cambridge had never been on the table. It was possible that Sammy didn't get why that was. But that was his problem, not hers. Ash knew why they couldn't be friends.

"I hope more people like me as well. But if they just don't like my personality or my views or my methods, that's alright." She wasn't going to change, and neither were they. So it goes.

"Maybe I'll talk to the divination professor. I don't truly believe in divination, but I don't believe in some other things that obviously are real to everyone else." Like Happiness. Some people obviously had it, but Ash didn't even know what it looked like or where to find it. Like peace, which Ash could not find in her heart or anywhere else. Like forgiveness, which Ash wish she had but didn't.

"Maybe I'll talk to her. Maybe." If she remembered... just kidding. If she worked up the courage to do it.
Quinn chuckled a bit. Yep, they would be a good supervillain lair decoration, wouldn't they? He could see Nemesis having some in the future, when they were leading some sort of coup against the Ministry. He knew it would probably happen at some point.

Another hum and frown came from Quinn at Ash's response about Samuel. "Well... sometimes, the nice enemies are the ones you should be worrying about. Because at least with the mean ones..... you know who they are, and what they're capable of," Quinn bit the inside of his cheek. He knew that from experience. "But, either way, anything that's affecting you in any way is important, you know? You shouldn't just ignore something because you don't want to deal with it. And trying to keep up this relationship is affecting you." He sat in thought for a moment. "Think.... think of it like you have a splinter. It's pretty scary to take it out because you know it'll hurt and you'll have a wound, right? Leaving it in won't hurt as bad at first, but the longer you leave it in the more it'll hurt, the longer it'll hurt, and the worse it'll be once you finally take it out. Plus, worse stuff could happen because you leave it in, like, it could get infected, or... well, I guess that's not really important to the analogy, but... you see what I'm saying, right?" He just didn't want Ash to hurt herself for someone else. "It's ultimately up to you for whatever you want to do, but... that's my advice."

Quinn nodded. He understood not wanting to change for anyone else. He... was never really sure if he did change for other people. He felt like he didn't know himself, sometimes.

Quinn also understood having a lack of happiness and peace.... but he knew they were out there, somewhere. And he would find them someday. He felt like he was already moving in the right direction, somehow. He had moments of happiness. "Well, I hope you do. You might be able to get some help to make your memory go back to how it was. I know what I said about not knowing your friendly enemies, but... trust is still an important thing, too."
NiallNIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 07:10 PM   #33 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Puffskein
 
astrocat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,101

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ashley "Ash" C. Fox
Third Year
Default long post coming up lmao

SPOILER!!: hi Quinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiallNIP View Post
Quinn chuckled a bit. Yep, they would be a good supervillain lair decoration, wouldn't they? He could see Nemesis having some in the future, when they were leading some sort of coup against the Ministry. He knew it would probably happen at some point.

Another hum and frown came from Quinn at Ash's response about Samuel. "Well... sometimes, the nice enemies are the ones you should be worrying about. Because at least with the mean ones..... you know who they are, and what they're capable of," Quinn bit the inside of his cheek. He knew that from experience. "But, either way, anything that's affecting you in any way is important, you know? You shouldn't just ignore something because you don't want to deal with it. And trying to keep up this relationship is affecting you." He sat in thought for a moment. "Think.... think of it like you have a splinter. It's pretty scary to take it out because you know it'll hurt and you'll have a wound, right? Leaving it in won't hurt as bad at first, but the longer you leave it in the more it'll hurt, the longer it'll hurt, and the worse it'll be once you finally take it out. Plus, worse stuff could happen because you leave it in, like, it could get infected, or... well, I guess that's not really important to the analogy, but... you see what I'm saying, right?" He just didn't want Ash to hurt herself for someone else. "It's ultimately up to you for whatever you want to do, but... that's my advice."

Quinn nodded. He understood not wanting to change for anyone else. He... was never really sure if he did change for other people. He felt like he didn't know himself, sometimes.

Quinn also understood having a lack of happiness and peace.... but he knew they were out there, somewhere. And he would find them someday. He felt like he was already moving in the right direction, somehow. He had moments of happiness. "Well, I hope you do. You might be able to get some help to make your memory go back to how it was. I know what I said about not knowing your friendly enemies, but... trust is still an important thing, too."


Ash had thought of Upstead when she mentioned the man-eating hedges. She pushed that thought away. She didn't feel like opening that Pandora's box at the moment. Or ever. All her jumbled and confusing thoughts about Nemesis Upstead could remain behind the locked door in her brain. Far back in the room, behind the memories of her parents and what it felt like to be possessed and even what crucio felt like. She was never, ever, ever going to open up that box again.

Maybe there could be space made for memories of Sammy. He hurt her too. Upstead did not care for her at all. She was nothing to them, other than perhaps an amusement or a nuisance. But Sammy was different. He at least pretended to care. And if he really was pretending, he was pretending well. Ash cared about him. She did. But maybe it was time for her to let go. Of all the people who didn't really like her. Like her father, and Upstead, and Sammy, and all of them. What if she just didn't care? What if she shut all her emotions in a box, cut ties with people who'd never support her, and did stuff all by herself? It SEEMED like a good idea... was that what Upstead had done? Would it cause her less pain, or more?

"I guess I should just like, take the shrapnel out and hope nothing bad happens." Something in her heart did not like this... but maybe she'd be better off? Maybe it would be better for her to not have friends. To not love. To not care too much for anyone, in case they betrayed her. Or died. Whatever. The exception to this was her boyfriend and her brother. And Lisa and Claudine and Mamie. And the professors that she liked. And Eden and Quinn. And Heath. And Daniel and Minjae. And... actually, Ash could see this whole "forgetting to care" thing being impossible. It didn't seem like the type of thing you could do voluntarily, purposefully, whatever.

That was... relieving. Because Ash certainly had people in her life she could do without, but she didn't wanna go too far and hurt her emotions unnecessarily by getting rid of people she needed. Was caring a safety mechanism to stop you from withering away? Or was Not Caring the safety mechanism? WHY WAS THIS SO CONFUSING??? Anyway, Ash understood from Quinn that she would be better off without Cambridge's best friends in her life. Which unfortunately made a lot of sense. They were always apologizing for her. Making excuses. At least Cambridge never had the nerve to fake apologize to her. So that was that.

Ash needed more space in the shadowy parts of her brain that she kept locked away. It was getting crowded in there.

"I don't think any of the kids could help with the memory stuff. And if they could, I wouldn't let them, because they'd be better off without my memories. I trust some of the professors I guess. I'll just ask them." She trusted Professor Kazmi, but he was the flying professor and unlikely to be helpful. Same idea with Schmoe. And Aguilar, who Ash reminded herself did not work here anymore. Healer Poppy was a firm NOPE. She didn't need Trent knowing about her either. She didn't know how she felt about him yet. She didn't know some of the other professors that well. The two available options were the divination professor and Recard. Healer Recard was a healer. And the divination professor was in charge of divination. Both sorta helpful. Maybe she'd ACTUALLY go and talk to them, instead of just saying that she would. Maybe. If the stars aligned. Or whatever.
astrocat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 10:50 PM   #34 (permalink)



DMLE
Mooncalf
 
Watson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Rhody!
Posts: 6,754

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lisa Nam
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Default
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Quote:
Originally Posted by wednesday View Post
One thing that Ollie really liked about Lisa was the she could joke about her self. Ollie wasn't able to do that. If she made a mistake, it messed up her whole day, or if she knew she was bad at something it would embarrass her really bad... like flying. So, she was glad to have a friend who could joke about things they were bad at or didn't know, maybe Lisa could rub off on her.

It also made Ollie really happy that Lisa had confidence in her, even when Ollie had no confidence in herself. She knew what she wanted to play, The ‘Kreutzer’ Sonata No.9; Op. 47 in A Major by Beethoven, a piece she had down perfectly once upon a time ago. "Thanks Lisa. Sorry if it sounds really bad." She pulled her violin back to her shoulder and readied herself, closing her eyes and envisioning the sheet music in her head.

Annnnnndddd.... She began! It started off a little rocky, a few wrong notes her and there, but as she got further into the piece she started to sound much, much better. This was one of the pieces Ollie's dad made her learn when she wanted to sleepover at a friends house. She didn't get to, because she didn't have the piece perfect then, but she had practiced, and practiced to make it perfect.

She was a little more than halfway through the piece when her viola strings ripped completely. "GAH!"
Lisa was all ears.

She remained silent, waiting patiently for Ollie to start. And then Ollie began. It seemed to her that her friend was a little nervous at the beginning because some notes sounded like they didn’t exactly belong; however, the more her friend played, the better and better it sounded. She sounded more confident, poised, and in command. Lisa liked it. As she listened to the music, she began imagining a magical scene unfold with their friends as players in this intricate play. It was set within the Hogwarts Castle but during the medieval times with them dressed as lords, ladies, and jesters. There was a ball and Lisa could picture Ollie, Remy, and herself getting ready with V and Serena seated together impatiently waiting for the rest to get a move on. She looked at herself in the mirror and.....

Lisa was brought back to reality when she heard a loud SNAP followed by an even louder cry from Ollie. “WHAA!” she cried unexpectedly, jumping out of the bench and nearly falling backwards off said bench as she lost her balance. Fortunately she caught herself.

OH MY GOSH!” she cried. “There must be a spell to restring it right?!?
__________________
Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 03:20 AM   #35 (permalink)
Slytherin
Lobalug
 
wednesday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 173

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Olive (Ollie) Burke
First Year
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson View Post
Lisa was all ears.

She remained silent, waiting patiently for Ollie to start. And then Ollie began. It seemed to her that her friend was a little nervous at the beginning because some notes sounded like they didn’t exactly belong; however, the more her friend played, the better and better it sounded. She sounded more confident, poised, and in command. Lisa liked it. As she listened to the music, she began imagining a magical scene unfold with their friends as players in this intricate play. It was set within the Hogwarts Castle but during the medieval times with them dressed as lords, ladies, and jesters. There was a ball and Lisa could picture Ollie, Remy, and herself getting ready with V and Serena seated together impatiently waiting for the rest to get a move on. She looked at herself in the mirror and.....

Lisa was brought back to reality when she heard a loud SNAP followed by an even louder cry from Ollie. “WHAA!” she cried unexpectedly, jumping out of the bench and nearly falling backwards off said bench as she lost her balance. Fortunately she caught herself.

OH MY GOSH!” she cried. “There must be a spell to restring it right?!?
Ollie was so frustrated she totally missed Lisa almost falling on her butt. How could this happen!? Of course she had popped a few strings here and there, but never her entire viola! Now she'd have to replace it and what would her father say... "There might be but it's not even worth it!" She tossed the viola to the ground, tears welling in her eyes. "I'm sorry." She knew she was making a scene in front of her friend but her emotions had overtaken her. Why did her viola have to break while she was playing for someone else? This was so embarrassing! That was all Ollie could think. She sulked over to the bench where Lisa sat and slumped over on the piano, hitting a few keys which played some bad notes.
wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 01:59 AM   #36 (permalink)



DMLE
Mooncalf
 
Watson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Rhody!
Posts: 6,754

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lisa Nam
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Default
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Quote:
Originally Posted by wednesday View Post
Ollie was so frustrated she totally missed Lisa almost falling on her butt. How could this happen!? Of course she had popped a few strings here and there, but never her entire viola! Now she'd have to replace it and what would her father say... "There might be but it's not even worth it!" She tossed the viola to the ground, tears welling in her eyes. "I'm sorry." She knew she was making a scene in front of her friend but her emotions had overtaken her. Why did her viola have to break while she was playing for someone else? This was so embarrassing! That was all Ollie could think. She sulked over to the bench where Lisa sat and slumped over on the piano, hitting a few keys which played some bad notes.
Lisa just stood- well sat- in silence as she watched Ollie lose her cool. She felt bad like really really bad. And there was nothing that they could do to fix it…. She also had to stifle her laugh with a cough when Ollie hit a few coleus making a more atrocious song than they had previously. “It’s okay….” It was okay to be upset. Truly. It was. Lisa felt bad that she couldn’t DO anything…

LIGHTBULB MOMENT AGAIN. Euuuuureka! She snapped her fingers and jumped up. “I got it! Let’s take it to the Charms Professor and see if they can fix it. I’m sure they can!” she proclaimed with a bright smile. There were spells for fixing glasses so maybe this would work. That was Occulus Reparo. She GASPED and became more excited (active bouncing was assumed again). “Or we could experiment and try a spell. We could use Reparo!

But only if you feel comfortable.” Lisa totally understood I’d her friend wanted a Professor to look at it.
__________________
Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:08 PM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209