sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1155 users online including...
Vikijuq , PhoenixRising , Kimothy , Svetldec , GordonAcime

6 members
1149 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 58: May - August 2021

Term 58: May - August 2021 Term Fifty-Eight: Have Some Bread (Sept 2104 - June 2105)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2018, 12:46 PM

Default Fat Lady's Portrait

If you're wandering around the seventh-floor corridor and you suddenly have the urge to cover your ears, you know you're steadily approaching the Fat Lady's portrait. While it isn't an uncommon fact that the vocal portrait guards the entrance to the Gryffindor Common Room, getting past the Fat Lady without the correct password is no easy feat. Her passion for tip-top security is just as great as her love for good food and drink.

Though the Fat Lady is very particular about who she allows to pass through the portrait hole, she really doesn't mind anyone hanging around in the corridor. At every opportune moment, she will insist that you stop to listen to her "amazing" singing voice or engage in very loud conversation about the latest gossip. Even the Gryffindors themselves have to put up with the antics of this loud and flamboyant woman -- sometimes she won't even let them inside their common room until she is satisfied with their response to her singing or finds the gossip juicy enough to go share with her friend Violet.

OOC: Please do not role-play for the Fat Lady.
Old 05-07-2021, 11:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Default Apollo/Jess but anybody is welcome
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

This was where the Gryffindors lived, right? Margaret fidgeted while she waited next to the Fat Lady's portrait, trying not to stare too much at her. It was rude, after all.

So she instead stared at the portrait across from the supposed Gryffindor common room entrance, twiddling her thumbs. She should have brought her fidget spinner. Or like...a buddy. Standing her by herself was boring. Maybe she should talk to the Fat Lady. But...hopefully Apollo would just come out soon. He remembered, right? She hoped he remembered. Because flying was exciting.
Old 05-08-2021, 12:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
This was where the Gryffindors lived, right? Margaret fidgeted while she waited next to the Fat Lady's portrait, trying not to stare too much at her. It was rude, after all.

So she instead stared at the portrait across from the supposed Gryffindor common room entrance, twiddling her thumbs. She should have brought her fidget spinner. Or like...a buddy. Standing her by herself was boring. Maybe she should talk to the Fat Lady. But...hopefully Apollo would just come out soon. He remembered, right? She hoped he remembered. Because flying was exciting.
Apollo hadn't expected anyone to be outside the Gryffindor Common Room. Sure he had arranged to meet with Margaret but he had been under the impression it was going be on the quidditch pitch, since well, that was where one flew.

So when he emerged from the portrait, he did a double-take. "Mam-Margaret? Am I late? Are we not flying?" What was she doing there??

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin________________You look like my next mistake
Old 05-08-2021, 10:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Apollo hadn't expected anyone to be outside the Gryffindor Common Room. Sure he had arranged to meet with Margaret but he had been under the impression it was going be on the quidditch pitch, since well, that was where one flew.

So when he emerged from the portrait, he did a double-take. "Mam-Margaret? Am I late? Are we not flying?" What was she doing there??
Luckily not too many people had entered or left the portrait secret entrance, so she didn't feel too weird about...er...loitering. But every time the portrait swung, she did turn around to stare check if it was Appaloosa. Apollo. Whatever that kid's name was.

So she was grinning by the time the shorter kid looked at her, when he did finally come out. "Hii Apple...Apollo!" she said brightly, sticking her hands in her pockets awkwardly. Why was he surprised? Weren't they supposed to meet here? Errr...

"You're not late, I uh...am I early?" She grinned sheepishly. "I wanted to meet you up here instead." For the exercise, obviously. Plus, now they could be friends walking down all the stairs instead of just friends flying outside. Those were clearly two different levels of friendship. Literally, one was on (mostly) solid floor, and the other was several meters above the ground. "I think we're still flying??" She hadn't had the chance to look out a window, though. Hopefully it wasn't raining or doing something terrible to ruin the flying plan.
Old 05-10-2021, 03:09 AM   #5 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Luckily not too many people had entered or left the portrait secret entrance, so she didn't feel too weird about...er...loitering. But every time the portrait swung, she did turn around to stare check if it was Appaloosa. Apollo. Whatever that kid's name was.

So she was grinning by the time the shorter kid looked at her, when he did finally come out. "Hii Apple...Apollo!" she said brightly, sticking her hands in her pockets awkwardly. Why was he surprised? Weren't they supposed to meet here? Errr...

"You're not late, I uh...am I early?" She grinned sheepishly. "I wanted to meet you up here instead." For the exercise, obviously. Plus, now they could be friends walking down all the stairs instead of just friends flying outside. Those were clearly two different levels of friendship. Literally, one was on (mostly) solid floor, and the other was several meters above the ground. "I think we're still flying??" She hadn't had the chance to look out a window, though. Hopefully it wasn't raining or doing something terrible to ruin the flying plan.
He smiled when she greeted him ... with Apple first, before correcting herself. He shook his head. "No... I think... I don't know... have you been here awhile? If you haven't then, i guess we're right on time. But i just thought we were going to meet on the grounds. I didn't expect you to walk all the stairs up here." He looked around. "I mean, you didn't have to."

Also despite him being a novice flyer himself, he did know a couple tricks from family on flying in the rain. Although if he was being honest, snow was actually more fun to fly in. He doubted they had to worry about snow for at least another two months. "If you want. I mean. You ready? Will this be your first official time?" He was curious how many pointers he needed to give her. "One loop around the castle. We can race. Whoever wins .... has to..." He paused. He wasn't very good with coming up with price ideas.

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Old 05-11-2021, 02:29 AM   #6 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

"Nooo, not awhile," she said, quickly shaking her head. It was...well, if one fudged the definition of awhile, it was true. But she just didn't want him to feel bad. If he was late, she didn't care. "I wanted to come, I don't get to walk up as many stairs as you tower people!" she said brightly.

She frowned. Her first official time? Doing what? Flying? She'd been flying plenty of times. Before they took the brooms away last term. She shook her head, then grinned. Stakes to their flying. That seemed like an excellent idea. "Whoever loses has to ... " Uh-oh. She couldn't think of anything, either. "Has to clean the other's broom!" That seemed fair. Broom-related competition, broom-related stakes.

"Maybe we should just race around the training area, though?" In case Apollo fell off, obviously. He was younger, he probably didn't have as good of balance as Mamie did.
Old 05-15-2021, 12:26 AM   #7 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8

Quote:
"Nooo, not awhile," she said, quickly shaking her head. It was...well, if one fudged the definition of awhile, it was true. But she just didn't want him to feel bad. If he was late, she didn't care. "I wanted to come, I don't get to walk up as many stairs as you tower people!" she said brightly.

She frowned. Her first official time? Doing what? Flying? She'd been flying plenty of times. Before they took the brooms away last term. She shook her head, then grinned. Stakes to their flying. That seemed like an excellent idea. "Whoever loses has to ... " Uh-oh. She couldn't think of anything, either. "Has to clean the other's broom!" That seemed fair. Broom-related competition, broom-related stakes.

"Maybe we should just race around the training area, though?" In case Apollo fell off, obviously. He was younger, he probably didn't have as good of balance as Mamie did.
If she was lying .... well, Apollo had zero reason to distrust Mamie and it was quickly forgotten when she seemed to argue in favor of her walking the steps. "Oh, okay. I mean you're more than welcome to walk the stairs anytime ... you can come get me to walk to class or something."

Oh right. Of course. Last year wasn't her first year and even though it was rough last term, it would have made sense for her to have been flying before. "That ... sounds like a good ... compromise. Hope you're a good cleaner." Cause she was totally gonna lose, obviously.

"Deal. One lap around the train area. Fly no higher than three feet, but you can't fly so close to the ground that you can touch it either. Spit shake?" He inquired, looking down at his hand. Since he was pretty sure unbreakable vows were frowned upon for kids and wasn't even sure he could even properly do one.

Old 05-15-2021, 03:03 AM   #8 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:
If she was lying .... well, Apollo had zero reason to distrust Mamie and it was quickly forgotten when she seemed to argue in favor of her walking the steps. "Oh, okay. I mean you're more than welcome to walk the stairs anytime ... you can come get me to walk to class or something."

Oh right. Of course. Last year wasn't her first year and even though it was rough last term, it would have made sense for her to have been flying before. "That ... sounds like a good ... compromise. Hope you're a good cleaner." Cause she was totally gonna lose, obviously.

"Deal. One lap around the train area. Fly no higher than three feet, but you can't fly so close to the ground that you can touch it either. Spit shake?" He inquired, looking down at his hand. Since he was pretty sure unbreakable vows were frowned upon for kids and wasn't even sure he could even properly do one.
Margaret wrinkled her brow, her nose, her whole face at Apollo's suggestion she meet him before class to take the stairs. "... I'm not going to walk you to class, Appaloosa," she said, giving the Gryffindor a gentle little shove. "I'd be late if I walked all the way up here and then all the way downstairs!" Plus, that was a lot of stairs. She didn't want to take that many stairs every day.

"I don't need to be a good cleaner, because I'm a better flyer than you!" she said, grinning. She really thought it was true. She was older, too, so she had to win. And if she lost, it would definitely be due to her being taller and heavier than the second year. More mass accelerated slower, or something. PhYsiCs. ExCuSeS.

"Three feet is really close to the ground...How about no higher than six feet?" Mamie was somewhat worried her toes would drag. She wrinked her nose, again, at the notion of a spit shake. "Spitting? No, ewwww. That's gross, Apollo!" It was something her brothers would have suggested, for sure. Plus, why did they need to spit? Couldn't they just shake on it, spit-free? That was much less gross. "Do you think I'm not trustworthY?"
Old 05-27-2021, 08:30 PM   #9 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8

Quote:
Margaret wrinkled her brow, her nose, her whole face at Apollo's suggestion she meet him before class to take the stairs. "... I'm not going to walk you to class, Appaloosa," she said, giving the Gryffindor a gentle little shove. "I'd be late if I walked all the way up here and then all the way downstairs!" Plus, that was a lot of stairs. She didn't want to take that many stairs every day.

"I don't need to be a good cleaner, because I'm a better flyer than you!" she said, grinning. She really thought it was true. She was older, too, so she had to win. And if she lost, it would definitely be due to her being taller and heavier than the second year. More mass accelerated slower, or something. PhYsiCs. ExCuSeS.

"Three feet is really close to the ground...How about no higher than six feet?" Mamie was somewhat worried her toes would drag. She wrinked her nose, again, at the notion of a spit shake. "Spitting? No, ewwww. That's gross, Apollo!" It was something her brothers would have suggested, for sure. Plus, why did they need to spit? Couldn't they just shake on it, spit-free? That was much less gross. "Do you think I'm not trustworthY?"
well fine then. So she only wanted to walk stairs when it was convenient for her?? Apollo made a face but shrugged it off quickly because they were discussing ground rules for flying. He had to admit he liked her confidence that she projected but shook his head. "Doubtful. I'm smaller so that means I can whizz through the air faster." no idea if that was true but it generally was an advantage of seekers when they were smaller so maybe.

He nodded. True. Three feet was pretty close to the ground so that made sense. "okay. Six feet. Sounds good." wait. Spitting was gross? But like he saw pro athletes spit all the time ??? Didn't they? Not for spit shakes but he was pretty sure he used to see them spitting on the ground..... Although she did have a good argument about being trustworthy mostly cause she was a Hufflepuff and hufflepuffs were some of the most trustworthy people he knew. "Fine. Just a regular handshake?"

Old 05-28-2021, 03:09 AM   #10 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:
well fine then. So she only wanted to walk stairs when it was convenient for her?? Apollo made a face but shrugged it off quickly because they were discussing ground rules for flying. He had to admit he liked her confidence that she projected but shook his head. "Doubtful. I'm smaller so that means I can whizz through the air faster." no idea if that was true but it generally was an advantage of seekers when they were smaller so maybe.

He nodded. True. Three feet was pretty close to the ground so that made sense. "okay. Six feet. Sounds good." wait. Spitting was gross? But like he saw pro athletes spit all the time ??? Didn't they? Not for spit shakes but he was pretty sure he used to see them spitting on the ground..... Although she did have a good argument about being trustworthy mostly cause she was a Hufflepuff and hufflepuffs were some of the most trustworthy people he knew. "Fine. Just a regular handshake?"

Well yes of course. Margaret was kind and thoughtful, but she wasn't a perfect angel, Apple. She had her own friends to walk to class with! Like Mal and Cailyn and Henry, her Hufflepuff housemates. Even besides the time thing, what would they do if she ditched them to walk to class with Apricot? Get lost, probably. Miss her, hopefully. Be jealous of Appetizer? Maybe? She wasn't sure how important her presence was on their walks to class, especially first thing in the morning she did not usually contribute much.

"'A player's size only matters once a skill threshold is reached'," she said, quoting...something. She could not remember. Was it a Daily Prophet summary of a match? Or a trading card? The radio? Quidditch Through the Ages, maybe? Hopefully he did not ask. What it meant, though, was that him being smaller shouldn't be much of an advantage. She was more skilled, obviously. Maybe.

"Six feet, and a regular handshake," she agreed, sticking her hand out to shake his. No spit was good. Even if athletes did spit for whatever reason (and she would agree, they did, she'd seen Muggle athletes do it), spitting and wiping it on someone else's hand was groooosss. "Shall we head to the broomshed then?" Race time. Whooosh.