sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1180 users online including...
Evaldj , Nicholasje

2 members
1178 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > WWRPG Special Forums > Hogsmeade

Hogsmeade Socialize and shop in the oldest wizarding village in Britain. Just remember to be on your best behaviour.

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 12-25-2022, 11:44 PM

Default Hog's Head

The Hog's Head, positioned at the top of a side-street, has a rather dodgy reputation. Over the door, hanging from a rusty bracket, is a battered wooden sign painted with a severed head of a wild boar that creaks in the wind -- and sometimes even when there is no wind. It is difficult taking a good look inside the shop from out in the street as the bay windows are covered in filth and probably haven't been cleaned in decades, maybe even centuries.

For those with the guts to enter the pub, one might not be surprised to see the place is filthy. The stone floor of the place is so dirty that it looks as though there is not a floor at all, and it is difficult to tell whether or not the rough wooden tables are clean as they have nothing except the stubs of candles sitting upon their surfaces. In spite of how shady the place looks, those who do come here are in for a treat as the bartender knows how to serve a mighty good meal.

Text Cut: Menu

Text Cut:
Hog's Head Menu

Drinks
  • Butterbeer
  • Apple juice
  • Orange juice
  • Pumpkin juice
  • Tea (herbal, green, or black)
  • Hot chocolate
  • Eggnog
  • Milk
  • Water

Food
  • Steak and kidney pie
  • Tripe
  • Flobberworm fritter
  • Lamb chop
  • Shepherd's pie
  • Stoat sandwich
  • Mystery meat lasagne
  • Black pudding
  • Roast chicken
  • Sandwiches (club, turkey, chicken, ham, roast beef)
  • Boiled potatoes
  • Baked potatoes
  • Cabbage salad

Specialty
Must be of age to order
  • Elderflower wine
  • Gillywater
  • Mulled mead
  • Ogden's Old Firewhiskey
  • Redcurrant rum
  • Stinging nettle wine

Dessert
  • Apple pie
  • Chocolate eclairs
  • Custard tart
  • Ice cream (vanilla)
  • Jam doughnut
  • Treacle tart
  • Chocolate trifle
Old 11-11-2023, 04:05 PM   #26 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

"I'm plenty brave. Brave enough to say that we should order before we end up sitting here all day long and starving." Between the three of them there was sure to be more than enough food on the table in case they didn't like something. "Uh-huh, I agree. Lasagna is always safe no matter what. Even if the meat is gross the noodles should be okay." So they would still have part of that dish to eat.

Now what was this about chocolate? Vesper made a grab for one of the menus to take a peek at the desserts. After about a minute of scanning over each item she lifted her gaze onto her older siblings. "There's chocolate eclairs and trifle. Which do we want to go with?" Both sounded good in her opinion.

Sisters. They made his head hurt. Thank Merlin he only had two. He was silently going to agree that they should at some point order their food. But only after explaining to the girls what a 'fritter' was. "A fritter is a food that is usually battered or breaded in a dough or yeast and then deep fried." Typically it could be very delicious depending on what was being turned into a fritter. The fact that this was flobberworm.. probably not so much.

Vasco wasn't going to argue that point either way. Not today anyhow. They both had their moments where conversation wasn't their thing, it just seemed that as of late, Vera's were more common than his.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Call it what you like." He had seen plenty of stupid Gryffindors being many stupid things. He was going to keep his mouth shut though for now. They were moving on and talking about one of his favorite topics. Food. More specifically, chocolate. "That depends. If you all want to share, go with the trifle. If you want your own thing then the eclair. I say the more chocolate the better though."

You are Bread!
Kolyander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2023, 05:13 PM   #27 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

As the littlest Thanatos spoke, Ve just nodded her head in agreement. Vesper had the Gryffindor argument well handled, so she was more than content to just support without adding her own thoughts to the topic. Besides, she was scanning the menu oneee last time to make sure they weren’t missing out on another good meal hidden in by the others. “Noodles are always safe. Always go for noodles.” She agreed with Scoot, before listening to Vasco explain what a fritter was and making an even more disgusted face than before. “So it’s just… fried… flobberworm? Who looked at a flobberworm and said ‘mmm, you know what, i’m going to bread it, fry it and eat it.” Probably a Gryffindor.

She absolutely would call it like she wanted, though deep down she would have had to admit it WAS true that some of the bravery did come across as stupidity. She had certainly put herself in plenty of dangerous positions, probably only saved by the brother - both biological and claimed alike. The forest adventures when she was… not that great at magic probably hadn’t been in her greatest interest. BUT it was fun. So. “What I’m hearing from Vasco, is we should order both.” She grinned looking over at him. If they were already sharing the trifle, they could get two eclairs and split it among all of them. Or… maybe she and Scoot could share one and Vasco have the other! Growing boys needed more food right? “I think we’re ready to order!” Quick, before they changed their minds!

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Chelliephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 06:28 PM   #28 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
As the littlest Thanatos spoke, Ve just nodded her head in agreement. Vesper had the Gryffindor argument well handled, so she was more than content to just support without adding her own thoughts to the topic. Besides, she was scanning the menu oneee last time to make sure they weren’t missing out on another good meal hidden in by the others. “Noodles are always safe. Always go for noodles.” She agreed with Scoot, before listening to Vasco explain what a fritter was and making an even more disgusted face than before. “So it’s just… fried… flobberworm? Who looked at a flobberworm and said ‘mmm, you know what, i’m going to bread it, fry it and eat it.” Probably a Gryffindor.

She absolutely would call it like she wanted, though deep down she would have had to admit it WAS true that some of the bravery did come across as stupidity. She had certainly put herself in plenty of dangerous positions, probably only saved by the brother - both biological and claimed alike. The forest adventures when she was… not that great at magic probably hadn’t been in her greatest interest. BUT it was fun. So. “What I’m hearing from Vasco, is we should order both.” She grinned looking over at him. If they were already sharing the trifle, they could get two eclairs and split it among all of them. Or… maybe she and Scoot could share one and Vasco have the other! Growing boys needed more food right? “I think we’re ready to order!” Quick, before they changed their minds!
"Noodles it is then, right? We're getting noodles and my sandwich and Ve's chicken." They had decided, yup. Why keep chatting about it when the decision was made already and she knew they were all staving! Or well ummm..

Eeeeewwwww!!!

Gag! Vesper made a face of disgust and tried not to actually gag, waving a hand at Vasco and telling him to 'Hush!'. That's horrible! Not the fritter part, that sounds yummy," Most things deep fried in batter might sound good buuuuuuut, "Just no. You're making my stomach hurt." So their brother needed to shush his mouth. Now. Looks were actually given to the older Thanatos boy.

A change of topic was needed. So yes, dessert. Chocolate. This was something she could get behind. "Both! I second this!" Vesper giggled, nodding her head nod her previous 'gagging' spell done and over.

"Yes, okay, noodles." He had thought they agreed on that already but it had seemed that they needed to triple make sure. Which one of his sisters was being funnier right now? Uhh, the award would have to go to the gagging one. Vasco couldn't help but shake his head and laugh because he knew she was messing about and not really going to be sick. "How should I know who came up with it? All I know was it wasn't me and we're obviously not getting it sooooo... moving on..."

Probably? Most definitely in his opinion. It was his job to save her. He had been doing so since before he could even remember. The smirk that came across his face when the girls said they needed to get both the trifle and eclairs said it all. They knew him very well. "Agreed. Let's order!" Finally.

You are Bread!
Kolyander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 05:08 PM   #29 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
"Noodles it is then, right? We're getting noodles and my sandwich and Ve's chicken." They had decided, yup. Why keep chatting about it when the decision was made already and she knew they were all staving! Or well ummm..

Eeeeewwwww!!!

Gag! Vesper made a face of disgust and tried not to actually gag, waving a hand at Vasco and telling him to 'Hush!'. That's horrible! Not the fritter part, that sounds yummy," Most things deep fried in batter might sound good buuuuuuut, "Just no. You're making my stomach hurt." So their brother needed to shush his mouth. Now. Looks were actually given to the older Thanatos boy.

A change of topic was needed. So yes, dessert. Chocolate. This was something she could get behind. "Both! I second this!" Vesper giggled, nodding her head nod her previous 'gagging' spell done and over.

"Yes, okay, noodles." He had thought they agreed on that already but it had seemed that they needed to triple make sure. Which one of his sisters was being funnier right now? Uhh, the award would have to go to the gagging one. Vasco couldn't help but shake his head and laugh because he knew she was messing about and not really going to be sick. "How should I know who came up with it? All I know was it wasn't me and we're obviously not getting it sooooo... moving on..."

Probably? Most definitely in his opinion. It was his job to save her. He had been doing so since before he could even remember. The smirk that came across his face when the girls said they needed to get both the trifle and eclairs said it all. They knew him very well. "Agreed. Let's order!" Finally.
With the decision made, and apparently the need to get away from the table in case the little sister DID actually toss her breakfast, Ve clamored over the youngest in order to hop out of the booth. "I'll go order now then!" She told them both, heading up to the counter in order to do so. She was preeeetty sure she remembered everything they had just decided on ordering. Once that was placed, Ve made her way back to the table but didn't bother sitting again yet - just hovered at the edge while waiting for the food to be ready so she could bring them back and forth.

With a look at the table which was... less than clean, she reached into her bag and pulled out a handful of wipes in order to wipe down the surface of the table. If the castle being dirty came in handy for anything, it was that she always kept wipes in her bag now in case she needed to clean something off. "So sibling check in? What's new for everyone?"

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Chelliephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 06:36 PM   #30 (permalink)

DMAC& DMGS
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Molly Wyndham #cf4269
Ravenclaw
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solomon Duck
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Cosima Plumb
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Theodore Alvin Kinsley
Games & Sports

x5 x2
Default ~ Open ~
Raspberry Jam | #ChocolateFrogFamous | Ultimate Fangirl

A visit to each store and location was essential to every Hogsmeade visit, because it kind of felt like going on holiday, for some strange reason. He did particularly love the food served at the Hog’s Head, though, and most of his spare money was to be spent here. The rest at Honeydukes, obviously.

This boy loved his food.

It had been a bit touch and go as to whether Solly would be able to attend Hogsmeade this term, since his father wasn’t exactly on his side at the moment and he had been terrified to ask him to sign the permission slip. One brave night arrived and Solly was pleasantly surprised to have been granted access and he was so glad. A bit of free time away from the castle was just what the doctor had ordered, and Solomon already felt so much relief to be out of there even for a short while.

He sat by himself, not worried about whether he was to find company or not, so he went ahead and ordered roast chicken with a side of boiled potatoes and a butterbeer. He wasn’t overly keen on the taste of butterbeer but sipped it straight away because the stache he got from it was amusing and worth it.

_______mirrors start to whisper, shadows start to sing
Emzily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 12:06 AM   #31 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default ^_____^
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emzily View Post
A visit to each store and location was essential to every Hogsmeade visit, because it kind of felt like going on holiday, for some strange reason. He did particularly love the food served at the Hog’s Head, though, and most of his spare money was to be spent here. The rest at Honeydukes, obviously.

This boy loved his food.

It had been a bit touch and go as to whether Solly would be able to attend Hogsmeade this term, since his father wasn’t exactly on his side at the moment and he had been terrified to ask him to sign the permission slip. One brave night arrived and Solly was pleasantly surprised to have been granted access and he was so glad. A bit of free time away from the castle was just what the doctor had ordered, and Solomon already felt so much relief to be out of there even for a short while.

He sat by himself, not worried about whether he was to find company or not, so he went ahead and ordered roast chicken with a side of boiled potatoes and a butterbeer. He wasn’t overly keen on the taste of butterbeer but sipped it straight away because the stache he got from it was amusing and worth it.
WHY did she even bother? Seriously? WHY?

Storming through the snowy streets of Hogsmeade towards the complete opposite of the establishment she had just been subjected to, Sage regretted spending any additional time "dollifying" her appearance for what had turned out to be yet another complete bust of a date. Whatever, it wasn't like she was going to have time for such things once her training with Professor Carton moved beyond the review of theory and into real practical things so this was fine. Excellent, even. No distractions to be had and now she had an excuse to turn down any potential offers.

The door to the Hog's Head crashed open as the Slytherin stormed inside and stomped on over to the counter to order herself a nice big mug of warm eggnog. No, just the eggnog for now...thanks. Just needed a good beverage to wash down the rancid aftertaste the pathetic pickings she had been pseudo treated to at the land of doilies and pink. Requesting extra cinnamon on top and taking a deep swig while still at the counter, Sage turned to find herself somewhere to sit and sulk when she spotted Solomon and she suddenly felt even more enraged despite him having NOTHING to do with her current predicament and mood.

Pivoting in his direction, Sage invited herself to the seat across from him and slammed her mug on the table - which, due to her large gulp earlier, did not spill on the table. Same could not be said for the eggnog froth and cinnamon speckled mustached hugging her upper lip though. "Can you tell why it is that some Y chromosome suddenly makes your species so entitled and stupid?" she asked in the most extreme of accusatory tones. It was fine though, this was Solomon and he knew what he had signed up for in becoming her friend and best friend. "I mean...why ask someone on a date and then flirt it up with other people while still on said date and right in front of you? Or, OR introduce you to his mates as his future ex-girlfriend? OR say they wish they would have known it was a costume dress code because you were OBVIOUSLY dressing up as Medusa because your braids looked like snakes? I mean...WHAT possess your species to behave like that?"

Why yes, Solomon, she would very much like for you to speak on behalf of the entire X and Y carrying chromosomes.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 11:09 PM   #32 (permalink)

DMAC& DMGS
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Molly Wyndham #cf4269
Ravenclaw
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solomon Duck
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Cosima Plumb
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Theodore Alvin Kinsley
Games & Sports

x5 x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

WHY did she even bother? Seriously? WHY?

Storming through the snowy streets of Hogsmeade towards the complete opposite of the establishment she had just been subjected to, Sage regretted spending any additional time "dollifying" her appearance for what had turned out to be yet another complete bust of a date. Whatever, it wasn't like she was going to have time for such things once her training with Professor Carton moved beyond the review of theory and into real practical things so this was fine. Excellent, even. No distractions to be had and now she had an excuse to turn down any potential offers.

The door to the Hog's Head crashed open as the Slytherin stormed inside and stomped on over to the counter to order herself a nice big mug of warm eggnog. No, just the eggnog for now...thanks. Just needed a good beverage to wash down the rancid aftertaste the pathetic pickings she had been pseudo treated to at the land of doilies and pink. Requesting extra cinnamon on top and taking a deep swig while still at the counter, Sage turned to find herself somewhere to sit and sulk when she spotted Solomon and she suddenly felt even more enraged despite him having NOTHING to do with her current predicament and mood.

Pivoting in his direction, Sage invited herself to the seat across from him and slammed her mug on the table - which, due to her large gulp earlier, did not spill on the table. Same could not be said for the eggnog froth and cinnamon speckled mustached hugging her upper lip though. "Can you tell why it is that some Y chromosome suddenly makes your species so entitled and stupid?" she asked in the most extreme of accusatory tones. It was fine though, this was Solomon and he knew what he had signed up for in becoming her friend and best friend. "I mean...why ask someone on a date and then flirt it up with other people while still on said date and right in front of you? Or, OR introduce you to his mates as his future ex-girlfriend? OR say they wish they would have known it was a costume dress code because you were OBVIOUSLY dressing up as Medusa because your braids looked like snakes? I mean...WHAT possess your species to behave like that?"

Why yes, Solomon, she would very much like for you to speak on behalf of the entire X and Y carrying chromosomes.
Solomon was very happily enjoying his meal, thank you very much. So much so that he didn’t even want company anymore. That’s what he thought, anyway… and in any other circumstances, he would have been happy to see Sage. She was one of his closest friends after all even though she was bloody weird sometimes. (And that was saying something because he himself and most of his friends were weird). HOWEVER… the theatrics she had approached him with today were most unexpected and weirder than ever.

Not to mention: EMBARRASSING.

His mouth fell open as she went on, revealing everything mushed up inside as he only remembered to chew it every now and then. Why did it feel like HE was the one who had said such things to her? If it were true then he sure felt sorry for the guy because surely Sage would have cursed him to hell. He took a sip of his drink only to choke on it a little when she mentioned her braids being compared to Medusa. He wasn’t laughing at her, honest. “I think they look… sssstunning.” Solly managed after his lungs were clear of butterbeer, still smirking through the whole sentence.

Are you practising for a play????” Solly said, finally and quite seriously. Nothing else could explain such dramatics. “Or do you want a serious answer to that?” Because he couldn’t speak for them. He barely understood them himself and clearly preferred to hang out with girls, he had noticed.

Old 02-06-2024, 03:43 AM   #33 (permalink)

Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12

So consumed by her own frustrations fueled by forsaken disappointment that Sage nearly missed the bout of humor Solomon recklessly threw back at her. Nearly being the keen word for as soon as she was about to embark on another tirade his hissing emphasis registered and her eyes narrowed dangerously upon her friend with the infuriating features. "You sure you aren't a Gryffindor because you sure seem to want to play with fire right now," she growled back while focusing a hair to long on his smirk. "That wasn't even remotely hissssterical." Leave it to her snake compatriot to elicit her to do the same humiliating exaggeration - absolutely NOTHING to do with the quiz results from Teen Witch that either complimented or overlapped one another every time they took one together.

Sage took another swig from her eggnog, the frothy mustache blessedly washing away on one side of her lips while the other seemed to gather more sticky foam instead, and slammed it back down on the table with slightly less vigor than before. Her knuckles were still a bit white are her fingers curled around the handle of her mug, however. "Do I seriously look like I'm monologuing?" she groaned. Honestly, how did he NOT know that she was not in Drama Club nor did she have an interest in it. "Of course I am asking for a serious answer."

So, come on now Solomon. Speak on behalf all all teenage lads everywhere and their brutish entitled behavior!

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
Old 02-07-2024, 01:46 PM   #34 (permalink)

DMAC& DMGS
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Molly Wyndham #cf4269
Ravenclaw
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solomon Duck
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Cosima Plumb
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Theodore Alvin Kinsley
Games & Sports

x5 x2

He didn’t much like being called a Gryffindor, especially under the insinuation that only that house liked to play with fire. He was a risk taker, he was cool and fun, TOO. “I thought it was quite funny.” Solomon was still chuckling about it and had now resumed to his lunch without any coughing and choking standing in his way. He wiggled his fork to gesture towards her braids. “They look…”

REFRAIN FROM ANY ADJECTIVES BEGINNING WITH S.

Nice. They look really nice.” Turns out complimenting girls was difficult. With all his might he stopped himself from elongating the word nicccceeeeeee.

You seem pretty mad.” Way to state the obvious. He was amused by the eggnog switching which side of her lip to stain with each of her sips, and he sloooowly reached forwards to poke her lip to get it for her. She wouldn’t mind, would she? Back to answering the impossible question, Solly sighed loudly and shrugged his shoulders as he tried to offer something constructive and comforting. Sage wasn’t an easy friend to comfort, though. “We’re not all like that, promise.” Most were, but he wasn’t like that. Not that he was offering boyfriend services to her, to be clear. “Who said those things? Want me to have a word with them?” He was trying to sound like a tough guy for sure.

Old 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM   #35 (permalink)

Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12

His internal monologue regarding being compared to a Gryffindor would only serve to aggravate her further because he was entirely missing the point, Solomon. Huffing and puffing, but not blowing any houses down, Sage folded her arms so aggressively across her chest that she nearly knocked wind out of herself which only served to fuel her agitation. No boy was worth the aggregation and yet all this was getting horrendously under her skin. The absolute audacity of the Y chromosome. "You would," Sage mumbled as she slouched in her seat and her dolled up face almost sunk entirely between her shoulders.

Not his fault. None of it. But he was just going to have to serve as her emotional punching bag for a bit.

"See?!" she chirped, her entire body shooting up so suddenly it was a wonder she did not knock the table over while both arms thrust themselves forwards in his direction. "See? Was that SO hard to give the most baseline of compliments? Why is it that the rest of you all seem completely inept?!" Yes, she was still lumping and shoving all her male peers into one box. Her feathers ruffled like an offended hippogriff, almost an understatement considering the color to her features, the Slytherin did not entirely clock the obvious discomfort her confident and current scapegoat was displaying and moved to take yet another heated chug of her eggnog when Solomon almost broke the curse impacting her mood by reaching forward and bringing attention to the fact that she was visibly making a fool of herself thanks to her beverage.

It was like dosing a raging fire with a bit of water...or perhaps a good bucket full of sand...and her temperature lowered a fair bit while her eyes crossed and lips puckered ever so slightly to help him brush the foam off - NOT TO KISS HIS FINGERS .

"Yeah...well...that's because I am," Sage grumbled and rubbed her nose in attempt to hide the blush that was rapidly creeping across her cheeks, though with a bit less spice to her tone this time and almost tiptoed around sad. "It's emotionally taxing and energy squandering to have your expectations Bombarda'd over and over again." There was a hint of a smile when he offered to impart a word or two with the scoundrels responsible for her loss of faith in humanity. "No...it's fine. I mean, it's not fine but they aren't worth your energy or mine and I'd much rather you utilize that desire to protect me and whatever other sentiments you might have in a more direct way...like...what you are doing right now. Just...listening. I mean, granted, the bar is literally on the floor right now so it is not very hard," she shrugged while looking away because suddenly eye contact was just way too much and she almost felt...desperate. What was THAT about? "...suppose I just needed to unload all..." And she paused to wave her hand rather dismissively, as if swatting away some pesky pixies. "...so....yeah...thanks for...listening and...whatever..." And some more pixie swatting to round out her part of the conversation - and she was going to just bite her tongue from saying anything more revealing or embarrassing.