Email Us!

Hogwarts RPG

Students: 9872
Classes: 15
Professors: 12

View Points

Members

There are 680 users online including...
Nordic Witch , Michailqpi , DonaldSom , Kimothy , Zoe , Stevendalo , JoyceZoors , Austinwals

10 members
670 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster Wilber Winterbottom's Reign > Term 63: January - April 2023

Term 63: January - April 2023 Term Sixty-Three: The Calm (Sept 2109 - June 2110)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2022, 12:24 AM

Default The Climbing Tree

Graphic credit: Felixir

Standing squarely in the middle of an otherwise featureless lawn is an immense oak tree with sprawling, high-reaching branches, its foliage thick and rich with natural colour, depending on the time of year. The tree is taller than it has any right to be, and seems ideal for climbing. That is, indeed, what your benevolent groundskeeper had in mind when he grew it.

The very lowest branches jut out six feet or so above the ground, but if you can't reach or haul yourself onto these, there are little nooks and conveniently located knots in the trunk to get you started. Up in the higher branches, you'll find platforms and maybe a basic treehouse structure or two, but the real fun to be had is in traversing the tree itself.

Climbing tree though it is, this area also serves as a pleasant meeting place, the vast canopy of leaves providing plenty of shade in the summer months. A plank swing dangles from one of the lower branches, and a tyre swing from another.

It's pretty difficult to confuse this tree with the Whomping Willow. For starters, you're in an entirely different part of the grounds. Not to mention, the climbing tree is an oak, and (presumably) won't maim you for trying to climb it. All the same, you're expected to treat this place with respect. Don't act like a fool, especially when you're high up in the tree. If you do happen to fall, the slowing and softening charms in place around this area will kick in, and you will come to no great harm.

Do as you please here, as long as its within school rules. Relax. Have fun. Go wild.

But maybe not too wild. Javier doesn't have any medical training, after all.
Old 01-09-2023, 03:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Default ~open~
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Wiley was out talking a walk through the grounds with his cat Fishbait, just exploring or looking for something fun to do. Before he could get very far though, something spooked his cat, sending the feline racing up the big tree just ahead. He wasn't sure just what it was that sent his cat running - he didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, though he did suppose that it could be something invisible - but Wiley stopped and peered up at the tree where his cat disappeared within the leaves.

"Fishbait?" he called up, a little uncertain as he couldn't quite see where the cat ended up. "I guess I'll have to join you," he quickly decided cheerfully. Wiley did like to climb trees and he was pretty good at it, if he said so himself. It was just that he wasn't all that tall yet (but he was sure he would be one day!) and the lowest limb was just a bit out of his reach. Maybe if he jumped? He jumped with his arms raised high, managing to grab the limb and then he began to hoist himself up.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line
Old 01-09-2023, 04:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DERP
Grindylow

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lazlo Pitt
Gryffindor
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Paige Hall
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Janus "Jeq" Quimby
Ecological Protection
x7 x8
Default ~claimed~
Mom says I have no sense of direction, so I packed my bags and right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
Wiley was out talking a walk through the grounds with his cat Fishbait, just exploring or looking for something fun to do. Before he could get very far though, something spooked his cat, sending the feline racing up the big tree just ahead. He wasn't sure just what it was that sent his cat running - he didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, though he did suppose that it could be something invisible - but Wiley stopped and peered up at the tree where his cat disappeared within the leaves.

"Fishbait?" he called up, a little uncertain as he couldn't quite see where the cat ended up. "I guess I'll have to join you," he quickly decided cheerfully. Wiley did like to climb trees and he was pretty good at it, if he said so himself. It was just that he wasn't all that tall yet (but he was sure he would be one day!) and the lowest limb was just a bit out of his reach. Maybe if he jumped? He jumped with his arms raised high, managing to grab the limb and then he began to hoist himself up.
Ewy thinks he's got the layout of the Grounds all figured out. Or at least what he has covered the Grounds were massive. He got all the pathways memorized that needed to be known for traversing to Herbology Class and back. Though he wondered what else there might be. There were domes on the Grounds somewhere and he had heard lots about the Whomping Willow but had not seen it yet either.

Oh...that must be it right there. Ywan Dewey assumed so. With no knowledge of what the tree might look like. This one was tall and imposing, and the branches certainly looked like they would hurt if they whomped you. This was the Whomping Willow

He kept his distance from it to be safe and admired it's splendor. Though his eyes went from admiration to utter fear as he saw someone climbing up onto it. The young Badger clenched his teeth made a few steps forward. He couldn't let someone get whomped by the willow! "You!...." He shouted out toward the figure climbing the tree but froze unsure on what to even say in this situation. "You'll get WHOMPED!!" He mustered up as he also took another step forward.
Old 01-10-2023, 08:27 PM   #4 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection

x12 x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Moose View Post
Ewy thinks he's got the layout of the Grounds all figured out. Or at least what he has covered the Grounds were massive. He got all the pathways memorized that needed to be known for traversing to Herbology Class and back. Though he wondered what else there might be. There were domes on the Grounds somewhere and he had heard lots about the Whomping Willow but had not seen it yet either.

Oh...that must be it right there. Ywan Dewey assumed so. With no knowledge of what the tree might look like. This one was tall and imposing, and the branches certainly looked like they would hurt if they whomped you. This was the Whomping Willow

He kept his distance from it to be safe and admired it's splendor. Though his eyes went from admiration to utter fear as he saw someone climbing up onto it. The young Badger clenched his teeth made a few steps forward. He couldn't let someone get whomped by the willow! "You!...." He shouted out toward the figure climbing the tree but froze unsure on what to even say in this situation. "You'll get WHOMPED!!" He mustered up as he also took another step forward.
Wiley was TRYING to hoist himself up onto the limb. He wriggled his body and kicked his legs while trying to pull with his arms, but the limb was a little too high and he didn't have quite a good enough grip to give him enough momentum. So he was struggling a bit. Enough that the shout behind him startled him enough that he lost momentum completely and released his grip as he jumped back to the ground.

"Huh?" Wiley turned around to see who had been shouting. "Oh hey, Ewy!" He grinned mometarily, noticing that it was his new dormmate. But his smile soon faded as he remembered why he'd dropped down from the tree in the first place. "What were you shouting about?" Who was going to get... what?

_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line
Old 01-11-2023, 01:19 AM   #5 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Grindylow

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lazlo Pitt
Gryffindor
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Paige Hall
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Janus "Jeq" Quimby
Ecological Protection
x7 x8

Quote:
Wiley was TRYING to hoist himself up onto the limb. He wriggled his body and kicked his legs while trying to pull with his arms, but the limb was a little too high and he didn't have quite a good enough grip to give him enough momentum. So he was struggling a bit. Enough that the shout behind him startled him enough that he lost momentum completely and released his grip as he jumped back to the ground.

"Huh?" Wiley turned around to see who had been shouting. "Oh hey, Ewy!" He grinned mometarily, noticing that it was his new dormmate. But his smile soon faded as he remembered why he'd dropped down from the tree in the first place. "What were you shouting about?" Who was going to get... what?
Ooooooh no. Why was getting whomped so terrifying. Ewy didn't want to be sent back home to Mama as a pancake. He would make for a terrible pancake and Mama would be heartbroken. He watched as the boy fell down from the tree and the worried look on his face grew even worse. He lifted his hand and nipped on his fingernails. Wait was that!? That was Wiley his Dorm Mate! "Th-that's the Whomping Willow, Wiley! ...Wiley you'll be Whomped! Why won't whomping worry you!?" That was a mouth full of W's for eWy deWey.

Oooo no good. He didn't know Wiley all to well yet, and the concern that Mama would miss him held him back from going ever closer to the tree. So he stayed where he was and cowered for a moment longer. But then what if Wiley's Mama would miss Wiley!?
...He gave both his cheeks a slap and rushed toward him...

He stood running in place beside Wiley and looked up at the tree. "H-hurry, before it gets you!"

The Whomping Willow was certainly taking its sweet time in it's Whomping wasn't it? He looked back up at the Tall Tree. His jogging in place stopped.
"This IS the Whomping Willow right?"
Old 01-13-2023, 07:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection

x12 x5

Quote:
Ooooooh no. Why was getting whomped so terrifying. Ewy didn't want to be sent back home to Mama as a pancake. He would make for a terrible pancake and Mama would be heartbroken. He watched as the boy fell down from the tree and the worried look on his face grew even worse. He lifted his hand and nipped on his fingernails. Wait was that!? That was Wiley his Dorm Mate! "Th-that's the Whomping Willow, Wiley! ...Wiley you'll be Whomped! Why won't whomping worry you!?" That was a mouth full of W's for eWy deWey.

Oooo no good. He didn't know Wiley all to well yet, and the concern that Mama would miss him held him back from going ever closer to the tree. So he stayed where he was and cowered for a moment longer. But then what if Wiley's Mama would miss Wiley!?
...He gave both his cheeks a slap and rushed toward him...

He stood running in place beside Wiley and looked up at the tree. "H-hurry, before it gets you!"

The Whomping Willow was certainly taking its sweet time in it's Whomping wasn't it? He looked back up at the Tall Tree. His jogging in place stopped.
"This IS the Whomping Willow right?"
"The Whomping Willow.. what?" Ewy's panic and concern rubbed off on Wiley a moment and he jumped back away from the tree, turning in the process to look up at the tree. Wait, was this the Whomping Willow?

All the excitement cause the eleven year old to second guess himself a moment, but no... he didn't really think so, even though he still had yet to see the actual Whomping Willow. He took a calming breath then turned back around to face his dormmate again.

"I don't think it is... no.. It looks like an oak tree, see the leaves?" He pointed at the leaves hanging from the nearest branch. Unless the Whomping Willow was a misnomer... He sure hoped not, though. "My cat climbed up there," he pointed up again, further up. "But I can't see him in the leaves." And he certainly didn't want him whomped.

Old 01-15-2023, 04:04 AM   #7 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Grindylow

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lazlo Pitt
Gryffindor
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Paige Hall
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Janus "Jeq" Quimby
Ecological Protection
x7 x8

Quote:
"The Whomping Willow.. what?" Ewy's panic and concern rubbed off on Wiley a moment and he jumped back away from the tree, turning in the process to look up at the tree. Wait, was this the Whomping Willow?

All the excitement cause the eleven year old to second guess himself a moment, but no... he didn't really think so, even though he still had yet to see the actual Whomping Willow. He took a calming breath then turned back around to face his dormmate again.

"I don't think it is... no.. It looks like an oak tree, see the leaves?" He pointed at the leaves hanging from the nearest branch. Unless the Whomping Willow was a misnomer... He sure hoped not, though. "My cat climbed up there," he pointed up again, further up. "But I can't see him in the leaves." And he certainly didn't want him whomped.
After he stopped jogging in place Ewy bent over and rested his hands on his knees to catch his breath. Being terrified was exhausting. He looked up at the tree leaves that Wiley was pointing at and lifted himself up having caught his breath. "I wouldn't know. I never really paid attention to tree leaves too much." Ewy wasn't a fool. Of course he knew there were different types of trees. But if you asked the Eleven-year-old to identify them he'd look at you like you were crazy for asking. He couldn't even remember the tree his wand wood was made from.
He trusted Wiley. His Dorm-mate seemed smart, or to Ewy definitely had more smarts about things than he did. Especially about magical stuff. Ywan only just learned that he was a Half-Blood and not a Muggleborn at the start of the term.

"You were trying to climb the tree to find your cat before I came by." He said not asking. It seemed that made the most sense based on what Wiley was telling him. He walked around the tree his head tilted up again to see if he could spot Wiley's cat all the while still staying vigilant should this Oak Tree actually be able to Whomp them both into pancakes. Ewy turned his attention to the trunk of the tree and spotted something interesting. "Look you can put your feet in these little nooks on the trunk, and can reach the branch from there." He pointed from the trunk to the branch he witnessed his friend trying to reach from the ground.
He dare not do it himself. Too much effort in trying to climb a tree.
Old 01-29-2023, 08:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection

x12 x5

Quote:
After he stopped jogging in place Ewy bent over and rested his hands on his knees to catch his breath. Being terrified was exhausting. He looked up at the tree leaves that Wiley was pointing at and lifted himself up having caught his breath. "I wouldn't know. I never really paid attention to tree leaves too much." Ewy wasn't a fool. Of course he knew there were different types of trees. But if you asked the Eleven-year-old to identify them he'd look at you like you were crazy for asking. He couldn't even remember the tree his wand wood was made from.
He trusted Wiley. His Dorm-mate seemed smart, or to Ewy definitely had more smarts about things than he did. Especially about magical stuff. Ywan only just learned that he was a Half-Blood and not a Muggleborn at the start of the term.

"You were trying to climb the tree to find your cat before I came by." He said not asking. It seemed that made the most sense based on what Wiley was telling him. He walked around the tree his head tilted up again to see if he could spot Wiley's cat all the while still staying vigilant should this Oak Tree actually be able to Whomp them both into pancakes. Ewy turned his attention to the trunk of the tree and spotted something interesting. "Look you can put your feet in these little nooks on the trunk, and can reach the branch from there." He pointed from the trunk to the branch he witnessed his friend trying to reach from the ground.
He dare not do it himself. Too much effort in trying to climb a tree.
Wiley was enough of an outdoorsy kid to have learned about different trees so he was pretty sure this one wasn't a willow and was in fact an oak, even if he had a short, panicky moment of second-guessing when Ewy came rushing over, warning him of imminent danger. "Yeah.. I'm pretty sure.." He hopped up and plucked a leaf from the branch, turning it over in his hands, even more certain that it was an oak.

"I was," he nodded before looking up again, trying to see where Fish Bait might have gone. "I think he must have gotten up pretty high because I can't see him anymore in the leaves." And if he was too far up there, he might not be able to get down by himself. Wiley looked back down again, this time to see Ewy walking around the tree. Curious himself, he started to follow, then stopped as his dormmate came around again, pointing to some divots in the trunk. How hadn't he noticed those himself?!

"Oh, cool! I'm gonna try that," he exclaimed, immediately using them to his advantage as he began to pull himself up again. "C'mon, Ewy. Wanna climb up too?" Because climbing trees was fun, even if he needed to find his cat first.

Old 03-18-2023, 04:34 PM   #9 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Default Open post!
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

How was it that the term was already drawing closer and closer to the end? On the one hand, it had the third year Gryffindor VERY excited for a summer at home (was she old enough for a job yet?) and time with Papa and Scoot. AND as of next September, she would not be separated from her little sister again either until she and Vasco graduated. But that was still yeaaaars away. But... there were bitter emotions she was feeling too, like more graduating older students that she like (mainly Atlas, which was just as tragic as Fox's graduation), and it meant next September Papa really was going to be alone. Scoot had obviously been trying her best to find someone for Papa to date but... it was a lot harder than one would assume.

Which was silly, because she was still willing to die on the hill that HER Papa was the best. But maybe that was true for all children.

Either way, all of the feelings were just too much for the girl who usually liked to just... be energetic and feel nothing, so she made her way down to a place where it was hard to be morose - the climbing tree. But when she got there, she found she didn't particularly want to climb so instead... she just pulled herself up onto the swing and moved back and forth on it for a bit while looking up at the sky. She should probably be studying or working on homework but.. she was still so far from any exam year, did it really matter?

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Old 03-27-2023, 01:22 PM   #10 (permalink)

MO & DoM
Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Allie McKinley
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Mikkel Andreassen
Mysteries

x12 x6
HeadGirlMC | Treddie & Trixiver <3 | Copy Girl | Katie's Ickle Minion | I love YOU more

SPOILER!!: Vera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
How was it that the term was already drawing closer and closer to the end? On the one hand, it had the third year Gryffindor VERY excited for a summer at home (was she old enough for a job yet?) and time with Papa and Scoot. AND as of next September, she would not be separated from her little sister again either until she and Vasco graduated. But that was still yeaaaars away. But... there were bitter emotions she was feeling too, like more graduating older students that she like (mainly Atlas, which was just as tragic as Fox's graduation), and it meant next September Papa really was going to be alone. Scoot had obviously been trying her best to find someone for Papa to date but... it was a lot harder than one would assume.

Which was silly, because she was still willing to die on the hill that HER Papa was the best. But maybe that was true for all children.

Either way, all of the feelings were just too much for the girl who usually liked to just... be energetic and feel nothing, so she made her way down to a place where it was hard to be morose - the climbing tree. But when she got there, she found she didn't particularly want to climb so instead... she just pulled herself up onto the swing and moved back and forth on it for a bit while looking up at the sky. She should probably be studying or working on homework but.. she was still so far from any exam year, did it really matter?

Aurora had never been the bookworm type, perhaps due to the fact that she would much rather be active and engaging in her sports or riding horses or going for a walk on the beach. Sitting still for hours on end with her nose in a book didn’t sound all that appealing and when she did indulge in a novel, she would get the fidgets within ten minutes. A magazine full of pretty pictures was much more her style. Maybe that made her a terrible Ravenclaw? Where her housemates were in the tower, the older students studying for their exams and the younger ones doing who knew what, Aurora had chosen to leave the castle and head out into the grounds with a brand new edition magazine her mum had recently sent her.

Meandering down the pathways that led across the Scottish countryside, the Ravenclaw had settled on finding a spot near the big oak tree. Aurora might have been a very petite, extremely girly looking blondie but she knew how to climb a tree! Her Ma was the sporty kind, London born and not afraid to get dirty, and she had instilled that spirit in her children. She pulled herself up, one branch at a time until she found the perfect spot just above the swing. Leaning against the trunk of the tree, she tucked her legs up towards her chest and rested her chin on her knees before opening her ‘My Horse’ magazine onto the first page.

But her concentration on the magazine was promptly disturbed when she noticed a girl sat on the swing below her. Deciding that having a conversation with someone was much more exciting, the eleven year old cleared her throat hoping to gain her attention.

“That looks fun” She hadn’t been on a swing in years. Not since she was younger and her mums would take her to the local park whilst her sister was at school.
Old 03-27-2023, 05:56 PM   #11 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

SPOILER!!: Aurora!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottiepot View Post

Aurora had never been the bookworm type, perhaps due to the fact that she would much rather be active and engaging in her sports or riding horses or going for a walk on the beach. Sitting still for hours on end with her nose in a book didn’t sound all that appealing and when she did indulge in a novel, she would get the fidgets within ten minutes. A magazine full of pretty pictures was much more her style. Maybe that made her a terrible Ravenclaw? Where her housemates were in the tower, the older students studying for their exams and the younger ones doing who knew what, Aurora had chosen to leave the castle and head out into the grounds with a brand new edition magazine her mum had recently sent her.

Meandering down the pathways that led across the Scottish countryside, the Ravenclaw had settled on finding a spot near the big oak tree. Aurora might have been a very petite, extremely girly looking blondie but she knew how to climb a tree! Her Ma was the sporty kind, London born and not afraid to get dirty, and she had instilled that spirit in her children. She pulled herself up, one branch at a time until she found the perfect spot just above the swing. Leaning against the trunk of the tree, she tucked her legs up towards her chest and rested her chin on her knees before opening her ‘My Horse’ magazine onto the first page.

But her concentration on the magazine was promptly disturbed when she noticed a girl sat on the swing below her. Deciding that having a conversation with someone was much more exciting, the eleven year old cleared her throat hoping to gain her attention.

“That looks fun” She hadn’t been on a swing in years. Not since she was younger and her mums would take her to the local park whilst her sister was at school.

She was usually at least a little more observant that seeing someone in the branches above her should have been noticeable, but Vera supposed her mind really just was that preoccupied. She was sure that idea, that there was anything taking up her thoughts, would have caused quite the jokes from at least two of her people but thankfully neither of those boys were here. Who was here was the first year above her, whose voice scared her just the slightest bit so that she slipped a bit on the swing but was able to grab the rope to right herself before she fell off entirely. Eyes scanned through the leaves until the small blonde was located, and Vera forced a smile - trying to put all her usual energy into it.

Which actually felt successful. Conversation might have also been the distraction she needed.

"It is fun! I like to come down here and swing whenever one is open. Though... be careful of the tire swing. I got stuck in there once." And had to have one of her year mates help pull her out. It'd been a whole thing and she 10/10 would not recommend. "Climbing is fun too though." She pointed out, considering that was clearly what the other girl had opted to do for her source of entertainment. "Have you ever tried to just jump off? The charms really do make the fall so much fun!" And no injuries. Good one, Professor Hernandez.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Old 03-27-2023, 07:29 PM   #12 (permalink)

MO & DoM
Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Allie McKinley
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Mikkel Andreassen
Mysteries

x12 x6
HeadGirlMC | Treddie & Trixiver <3 | Copy Girl | Katie's Ickle Minion | I love YOU more

Quote:

She was usually at least a little more observant that seeing someone in the branches above her should have been noticeable, but Vera supposed her mind really just was that preoccupied. She was sure that idea, that there was anything taking up her thoughts, would have caused quite the jokes from at least two of her people but thankfully neither of those boys were here. Who was here was the first year above her, whose voice scared her just the slightest bit so that she slipped a bit on the swing but was able to grab the rope to right herself before she fell off entirely. Eyes scanned through the leaves until the small blonde was located, and Vera forced a smile - trying to put all her usual energy into it.

Which actually felt successful. Conversation might have also been the distraction she needed.

"It is fun! I like to come down here and swing whenever one is open. Though... be careful of the tire swing. I got stuck in there once." And had to have one of her year mates help pull her out. It'd been a whole thing and she 10/10 would not recommend. "Climbing is fun too though." She pointed out, considering that was clearly what the other girl had opted to do for her source of entertainment. "Have you ever tried to just jump off? The charms really do make the fall so much fun!" And no injuries. Good one, Professor Hernandez.

Oops!

Aurora couldn’t help the cheeky giggle from escaping her mouth as the girl she had spoken to had obviously been startled by the petite blondes sudden appearance. She didn’t intentionally mean to make her jump but it was a little funny nonetheless as she watched the fellow student steady herself back on the swing. The fact that the other girl hadn’t heard or seen Aurora arrive wasn’t that big of a deal considering she was still pretty small and fairly nimble on her feet thanks to the years of ice skating practice. She supposed she could’ve thrown an acorn down to warn the girl of her presence but that might have made her jump even more or she might’ve thought that it was a squirrel targeting her for no reason. They seemed to do that a lot whenever Rory would go for a walk with her Ma and stroll through one of the big London parks that were lined with trees. The squirrels always seemed to have a vendetta against her particularly and would aim in her direction. What she had ever done to upset the squirrel nation was waaaay beyond her!

If her Mum hadn’t taught her to be just a tiny bit ladylike, Aurora might’ve snorted at the thought of seeing someone stuck in a tire swing. She was lucky in that she was still very small even for an eleven year old and getting stuck was probably not going to happen. “How did that happen?” she giggled. It wasn’t like this girl was one of the seventh years and therefore could be too tall for the swing. “I’m only up here because I don’t trust the squirrels being above me!” Those pesky things!

As for jumping out of the tree, that didn’t sound like her idea of fun. Aurora was used to injuring herself and she wasn’t scared of getting dirty but she didn’t exactly want to end up in the hospital wing with broken limbs. The older girl did reassure her that there were charms to prevent that though. “How do I know you’re not lying about that?” she grinned. Why the other student would want for Rory to injure herself she did not know but there were some cruel people out there! This girl seemed trustworthy, at least she did in the ten seconds that she had been speaking to her. Still, the Ravenclaw liked being up in her vantage point.
Old 03-28-2023, 03:33 AM   #13 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

SPOILER!!: Aurora!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottiepot View Post

Oops!

Aurora couldn’t help the cheeky giggle from escaping her mouth as the girl she had spoken to had obviously been startled by the petite blondes sudden appearance. She didn’t intentionally mean to make her jump but it was a little funny nonetheless as she watched the fellow student steady herself back on the swing. The fact that the other girl hadn’t heard or seen Aurora arrive wasn’t that big of a deal considering she was still pretty small and fairly nimble on her feet thanks to the years of ice skating practice. She supposed she could’ve thrown an acorn down to warn the girl of her presence but that might have made her jump even more or she might’ve thought that it was a squirrel targeting her for no reason. They seemed to do that a lot whenever Rory would go for a walk with her Ma and stroll through one of the big London parks that were lined with trees. The squirrels always seemed to have a vendetta against her particularly and would aim in her direction. What she had ever done to upset the squirrel nation was waaaay beyond her!

If her Mum hadn’t taught her to be just a tiny bit ladylike, Aurora might’ve snorted at the thought of seeing someone stuck in a tire swing. She was lucky in that she was still very small even for an eleven year old and getting stuck was probably not going to happen. “How did that happen?” she giggled. It wasn’t like this girl was one of the seventh years and therefore could be too tall for the swing. “I’m only up here because I don’t trust the squirrels being above me!” Those pesky things!

As for jumping out of the tree, that didn’t sound like her idea of fun. Aurora was used to injuring herself and she wasn’t scared of getting dirty but she didn’t exactly want to end up in the hospital wing with broken limbs. The older girl did reassure her that there were charms to prevent that though. “How do I know you’re not lying about that?” she grinned. Why the other student would want for Rory to injure herself she did not know but there were some cruel people out there! This girl seemed trustworthy, at least she did in the ten seconds that she had been speaking to her. Still, the Ravenclaw liked being up in her vantage point.

She was not one to be offended by humor, especially considering she was sure the slight jump scare was pretty fun - so the giggle was hardly registered. An acorn certainly would have scared her more, though a squirrel would not have even come to mind as the perpetrator. Rather she'd think somehow the roots of the Willow spread to control the other trees on the grounds and then everywhere underneath trees would be considered unsafe. Which truthfully was a far more far-fetched theory than a squirrel. Her imagination clearly was not something she was lacking in.

It did sound rather strange didn't it? And Vera was fairly certain it wasn't going to sound better as she explained and yet... the girl DID ask. "Well, I was starfishing on the swing, kind of like this." She paused to throw one arm out in an attempt of an example but she didn't let go with both hands. "And then I don't know quite how the next part happened but like... my bum just kind of fell into the hole and the rest of my body folded like a taco shell and I couldn't wiggle myself out. My friend Cloud had to come and PULL me out of it!" Which was actually the first time they met but she supposed some events just bonded you. Or she was making up the bond on her own which was entirely possible. The... squirrels? "Why? Are you worried they'll drop their excrement on you or something?" She'd heard of people being scared of birds above them for that reason but squirrels was a new one.

How did she know she wasn't lying? Well... the most obvious way would be for Vera to SHOW her, which she only didn't want to do because the act of climbing up there sounded like work she was not currently looking to put in but other than that...? "Perhaps you just have to take a walk on the wild side and believe!" Although not many people wanted to do that. "Or it might work on your magazine if you dropped it? But I'm not 100% if the charms kick in for EVERYTHING or if it's just humans. Aren't charms super interesting?"

Old 03-28-2023, 01:37 PM   #14 (permalink)

MO & DoM
Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Allie McKinley
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Mikkel Andreassen
Mysteries

x12 x6

Quote:

She was not one to be offended by humor, especially considering she was sure the slight jump scare was pretty fun - so the giggle was hardly registered. An acorn certainly would have scared her more, though a squirrel would not have even come to mind as the perpetrator. Rather she'd think somehow the roots of the Willow spread to control the other trees on the grounds and then everywhere underneath trees would be considered unsafe. Which truthfully was a far more far-fetched theory than a squirrel. Her imagination clearly was not something she was lacking in.

It did sound rather strange didn't it? And Vera was fairly certain it wasn't going to sound better as she explained and yet... the girl DID ask. "Well, I was starfishing on the swing, kind of like this." She paused to throw one arm out in an attempt of an example but she didn't let go with both hands. "And then I don't know quite how the next part happened but like... my bum just kind of fell into the hole and the rest of my body folded like a taco shell and I couldn't wiggle myself out. My friend Cloud had to come and PULL me out of it!" Which was actually the first time they met but she supposed some events just bonded you. Or she was making up the bond on her own which was entirely possible. The... squirrels? "Why? Are you worried they'll drop their excrement on you or something?" She'd heard of people being scared of birds above them for that reason but squirrels was a new one.

How did she know she wasn't lying? Well... the most obvious way would be for Vera to SHOW her, which she only didn't want to do because the act of climbing up there sounded like work she was not currently looking to put in but other than that...? "Perhaps you just have to take a walk on the wild side and believe!" Although not many people wanted to do that. "Or it might work on your magazine if you dropped it? But I'm not 100% if the charms kick in for EVERYTHING or if it's just humans. Aren't charms super interesting?"

Aurora couldn’t resist a musical giggle as the other girl explained what had happened for her to get stuck in the tire swing, something that she hadn’t thought possible. The thought of a pair of arms and a pair of legs just flailing out from inside the swing was just too funny to think about. The Ravenclaw would’ve just stuck her legs through rather than sitting in the middle but perhaps that was the perk of being smaller than average. She was hoping that the growth spurt she had been promised thanks to her tall and slender mums would happen soon. It was still a couple of months before her twelfth birthday, maybe she’d have to ask for a growth potion so she could at least be the same height as her compatriots. “I bet that was so funny to see!” At least the other girl didn’t take herself too seriously because then she might’ve been offended by Rora’s giggling.

As for being pooped on by squirrels well now a new fear had been unlocked. “No, it’s not that!” Although now she was going to have to wear a beanie whenever she walked under trees. “Squirrels always like to throw their acorns and nuts at me. I think I am a squirrel bullseye, I must’ve offended the Queen of the Squirrels once and now whenever I walk past a tree they target me intentionally!” At least that was her opinion on what was happening which in her head was totally plausible.

Aurora considered jumping out of the tree for a second but decided on staying perched up on her branch which had taken a lot of effort to get up to in the first place considering her height disadvantage. “I guess that’s why the hat decided I wasn’t a Gryffindor!” Taking risks weren’t her forte. Perhaps if there had been water underneath she might’ve taken the plunge or if there was a big soft mattress full of feathers. That sounded much more fun. “I do love Charms! I’m not very good at them yet though.” Being a first year and all her magical knowledge was slightly lacking compared to the older students.

“I’m Aurora by the way.” Because names were important, right?
Old 03-31-2023, 10:17 PM   #15 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

Vera would have been quite jealous at the idea of a promised growth spurt. From what she heard about her mum, it seemed likely she could very well stay her current height or only a fraction taller. Which she supposed wasn't TERRIBLE at 5'1" but.. Vasco looked like he was going to TOWER over her and that was the only part that bothered her. She'd have to just figure out how to be craftier and always have the high ground on her twin. And she'd have to hope too baby sister didn't far surpass her either. Maybe they could be short together. "Cloud was nice enough to not laugh at me. I don't think I would have been able to help myself if our roles were reversed." Because yes, she was sure she had looked entirely ridiculous.

Having offended squirrels sounded DREADFUL. But she was also very curious what one would have to do to warrant such a lifelong grudge from the woodland critters. Her curiosity alone was probably what spurred the next words. "Around when did it start? Maybe we could think of key events that happened around that time and use uh... what is... deductive reasoning? To figure out which event might have been! Then maybe we could reverse it and you can no longer fear the squirrels!" Although even if they figured out the event, she might not still encourage full trust in squirrels. But she didn't really encourage full trust in anyone or anything.

Well... there WAS that. "Jumping straight out of the tree is probably why I was." She giggled a bit before pushing herself on the swing a little bit again. "What house ARE you in?" Truth be told, that was a similarity they shared because Vera did not apply herself to most classes and yet... she still puffed out a bit. "When I got my wand, the wandmaker told me it's supposed to make me naturally gifted with charms." She'd yet to see that evidence but.... she didn't need to tell the younger girl that right??

Oh! Right! She hadn't even considered they hadn't been introduced. She gave a small wave upwards. "Hi Aurora! I'm Vera."

Old 04-01-2023, 07:48 PM   #16 (permalink)

MO & DoM
Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Allie McKinley
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Mikkel Andreassen
Mysteries

x12 x6

SPOILER!!: Veeeraaa
Quote:
Vera would have been quite jealous at the idea of a promised growth spurt. From what she heard about her mum, it seemed likely she could very well stay her current height or only a fraction taller. Which she supposed wasn't TERRIBLE at 5'1" but.. Vasco looked like he was going to TOWER over her and that was the only part that bothered her. She'd have to just figure out how to be craftier and always have the high ground on her twin. And she'd have to hope too baby sister didn't far surpass her either. Maybe they could be short together. "Cloud was nice enough to not laugh at me. I don't think I would have been able to help myself if our roles were reversed." Because yes, she was sure she had looked entirely ridiculous.

Having offended squirrels sounded DREADFUL. But she was also very curious what one would have to do to warrant such a lifelong grudge from the woodland critters. Her curiosity alone was probably what spurred the next words. "Around when did it start? Maybe we could think of key events that happened around that time and use uh... what is... deductive reasoning? To figure out which event might have been! Then maybe we could reverse it and you can no longer fear the squirrels!" Although even if they figured out the event, she might not still encourage full trust in squirrels. But she didn't really encourage full trust in anyone or anything.

Well... there WAS that. "Jumping straight out of the tree is probably why I was." She giggled a bit before pushing herself on the swing a little bit again. "What house ARE you in?" Truth be told, that was a similarity they shared because Vera did not apply herself to most classes and yet... she still puffed out a bit. "When I got my wand, the wandmaker told me it's supposed to make me naturally gifted with charms." She'd yet to see that evidence but.... she didn't need to tell the younger girl that right??

Oh! Right! She hadn't even considered they hadn't been introduced. She gave a small wave upwards. "Hi Aurora! I'm Vera."

Aurora couldn’t wait until the day that her promised growth spurt arrived. She was fed up of being four foot five and unable to reach the top shelf of anything and constantly having to ask one of her mums or her sister to get things down for her. But being small did have its advantages and she was able to conspicuously conceal herself into crowds whenever she needed to.. Not that she did that often. Aurora was in fact a very well behaved child the majority of the time but then she hadn’t hit her teenage years yet and that could all change the moment she turned thirteen. Perhaps when she turned twelve in a couple months time was the occasion that she might suddenly shoot up and match the rest of her family height wise. It was all wishful thinking but it was supposedly in her genes. “Cloud is obviously a very good friend!” she giggled. But maybe not a best friend because best friends would DEFINITELY laugh if their besties got themselves stuck in a tyre swing and would probably even record it somehow and bring the evidence out during every birthday party.

As for the whole squirrel debacle, Aurora had no idea when it started or what she had ever done to offend the little creatures but it always seemed like she was the target of their attack. “I don’t know! Maybe I accidentally stole a squirrels acorn when I was younger? Or maybe they don’t like blonde hair?” Unfortunately Aurora was not very well read on squirrel psychology despite being a real animal lover.

The blonde had heard that Gryffindors were the types of people who would do crazy things like jump out of trees and enter forbidden forests and whatnot. Aurora was definitely not that type of girl, if she hadn’t of begged the hat to sort her into her house, she assumed she might have been a Hufflepuff. “I’m a Ravenclaw!” she beamed. She would’ve added a little ‘caw’ at the end of her sentence but she had only just met the girl and she didn’t want to scare her off with some weird eleven year old energy. “You’re lucky! I think I was too excited to get my wand that I didn’t actually listen to anything the wand maker said.” Aurora was practically bouncing on the spot in the wand shop, she clearly wasn’t going to pay attention to the shopkeeper now was she?

Vera. She would make a mental note of that name and store it up in her noggin’ somewhere.
Old 04-08-2023, 01:38 AM   #17 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

Cloud WAS a good friend, but Aurora was right that he was not best friend status. That was reserved for Sia and Maria, and maaaaaybe she'd go so far as to include the boys in that too. Those two would definitely laugh at her, probably before getting her out of the tire swing. At least the girls would have pulled her out and THEN probably pointed out what an odd duck she was. "He is! He's a nice guy. There's surprisingly a lot of those here at Hogwarts. Even if they pretend to be all grumpy and mean." She had a theory secretly all the students were actually giant softies, no matter how they outwardly presented themselves. Or maybe she was just so good at being annoying and ignoring the social cues of 'GO AWAY' that she had been able to draw the incorrect conclusion.

Hmm. An acorn seemed a good potential offense. "Did you like to correct acorns and nuts in the woods when you were a kid?" Because if so... she'd go so far as to say there was the offense. Or perhaps she'd even just bumped into a tree and upset a squirrel's winter storage. That might be enough to do it too. "We should ask other blondes just to be sure. Are any of your family members blonde and also targeted?"

Ahhh, yes, Ravenclaw did make sense. Though this younger student was far more socialable still than the other Ravenclaws that came to mind. "My twin brother is a Ravenclaw too. Vasco. Maybe you've seen him in the commons. He looks a lot like me but... taller. And a boy." Obviously. Truthfully, eleven year old energy was probably closer to what the current fourteen year old possessed but that was something she usually chose to not say out loud. "It would be nice if we got like a little write up thingie with our wands too telling us what they're supposed to be good at." Though if she thought on it longer, it probably would have occurred to her there was something called the library that had books that could help with that type of information. "How are you liking your first year at Hogwarts?"

Old 04-08-2023, 11:03 AM   #18 (permalink)

MO & DoM
Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Allie McKinley
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Mikkel Andreassen
Mysteries

x12 x6

Aurora had been lucky enough in the sense that she hadn’t yet met anyone that was grumpy and mean. Some of the older students may have been a little standoffish and unapproachable but the Ravenclaw was confident enough, and perhaps annoying enough, that she would approach them anyway. Her Ma had certainly been one of those grumpy students and Aurora knew that secretly she was a big teddy bear even if she didn’t outwardly show it. “I haven’t met anyone mean yet!” She’d heard rumours that maybe some of the Slytherin’s weren’t that nice but she didn’t believe in stereotypes anyway. “Even the Professors are really nice.” Aurora WAS a very well-behaved and enthusiastic student though so she hadn’t actually given anyone a reason to be mean to her. And anyway, even if someone WAS cruel to her, the Blonde was lucky enough to have an older sibling in the school who would protect her at all costs. They might have been a family of all blondes but they were a force to be reckoned with!

The eleven year old couldn’t ever remember whether she had collected lots of Acorns when she was younger but she supposed it could be possible. “We do live near a big park” she pondered. It was one of those central London parks where the squirrels were super tame because of all the visitors around and the kids used to play in the park all the time when they were growing up. As for whether there were any more blondes in her family, that received a giggle. “ALL of us are blonde! My Mom and my Ma and my big sister Ariadne.” AND her grandma on her Ma’s side Vera and her older cousins Felix and Honey AND her Ma’s cousins Sammy, Suri and Suki. There was a LOT of blonde’s in the Ackerly family but she had never thought to ask whether they had ever been the target of a vicious acorn assault.

Aurora was proud of the fact that she was good at remembering names so she was quite sure that she hadn’t met Vera’s twin brother yet nor could she recollect seeing a boy that looked like her. “There’s a lot of boys in the Common Room sometimes.” Boys that the eleven-year-old didn’t often pay attention to. “But if I see him, I’ll say hi.” Vera was right in her thoughts that Aurora was much more sociable than your average Claw. “My whole family are Ravenclaws!” which made it an extra special house in her opinion.

A write up on her wand would be useful but once again she probably wouldn’t have paid that much attention to it. “It’s amazing! There are horses in the stables and the grounds are really pretty but the castle is kinda dark and scary sometimes. It could do with some PINK!” Or just colour in general but Aurora’s favourite was pink and therefore was the appropriate colour scheme in her opinion. Perhaps she SHOULD have gone to Beauxbatons instead but Hogwarts was where she wanted to be.