sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1164 users online including...
Antoniorch , Antoniopjh

3 members
1161 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Diagon Alley Archive

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2018, 06:00 PM

Default Gringotts Main Hall and Service Counters

The main hall of Gringotts is a bustling place, impressive in its scope, scale and grandeur. The walls and the floors are made of gleaming marble and there are exquisite chandeliers lighting the hall. Long counters of dark and rich wood line each side of the hall. Goblins sit behind each desk, though there are a few witches and wizards wandering around. Beyond the long counters there are doors, leading from the hall to who knows where. Occasionally the doors appear to flicker if you stare at them for too long.

The door which leads to the vaults and indeed to every other room in Gringotts, changes according to a secret schedule. This is the second of the safety precautions protecting the vaults beneath the ground. The first precaution is of course, the security Goblins and Wizards who are stationed at each door and roam the main hall and the entrance foyer.

Step up to the appropriate counter if you dare. Be sure to have your wand and key at the ready if you plan to access your vault today.

OOC: It would be helpful to us if you title your post with the service you require (new vault, deposit, withdrawal, potions market, currency exchange etc). We encourage you to post your character making their way through the entrance hall before posting here, but it is optional. You can message one of the Gringotts employees (LilFox06) if you have any questions.
Old 12-14-2018, 10:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM
Fire Slug

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mary Muldoon
First Year
Mysteries
Default First Vault Access
inverted spacewalker ☄ quoth the Ravenclaw ☄ poptart torso & rainbow trail, nyan

Mary entered the Gringotts main hall and was slightly nervous about it. She knew her social habits of being quiet and timid could earn her some extra hostility with the goblins. She walked to the service counter that she could barely see over and said, with every ounce of her voice, "I would like to visit my family vault." She placed her key on the counter, feeling like this was not going to go to plan, though assuring herself that it was fine.
Old 12-16-2018, 04:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Slytherin
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bettie Monroe
Slytherin
First Year
Default Inherits
Our gal Sherlock

Bettie and her slightly nervous squib father Aiden made their way into the Gringotts main hall. They waited in line for a short time the bank was not to busy right now to Aidens' delight.
When it was Bettie and her fathers' turn they walked up to the counter and the slightly nervous squib placed the key and paper work of inherits on the counter and has calmly as he could told the goblin " I inherits this vault and would like to put it in my daughters' name.

Last edited by cindajean; 12-16-2018 at 04:46 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-17-2018, 10:24 AM   #4 (permalink)

Gringotts Vault Manager
Dugbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannash View Post
Mary entered the Gringotts main hall and was slightly nervous about it. She knew her social habits of being quiet and timid could earn her some extra hostility with the goblins. She walked to the service counter that she could barely see over and said, with every ounce of her voice, "I would like to visit my family vault." She placed her key on the counter, feeling like this was not going to go to plan, though assuring herself that it was fine.
Sagni eyed the key placed on the counter in front of her by a small hand. She picked it up and peered at it. Copper with a moon symbol etched on it. Oh yes. Sagni knew who this belonged to. As the Vault Manager she knew very well which vaults belonged to those wandbearers who had had questionable interactions with her kind. Muldoon. It was the Muldoon family vault, but SHE wasn't about to say so, what kind of security would that be if she just went ahead and announced who owned a certain key when it was presented to her?

She squinted at the child. "Is that so? Name? Wand?" For security reasons, wands were always registered along with keys after all. Maybe this would be one of those days that Sagni would make small humans drink a certain potion to force revert any polyjuice transformations, not because she was suspicious, but rather because it tasted foul to human tastebuds and it was always immensely satisfying to see the faces they pulled when they drank it.
Old 12-18-2018, 12:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM
Fire Slug

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mary Muldoon
First Year
Mysteries
inverted spacewalker ☄ quoth the Ravenclaw ☄ poptart torso & rainbow trail, nyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagni View Post
Sagni eyed the key placed on the counter in front of her by a small hand. She picked it up and peered at it. Copper with a moon symbol etched on it. Oh yes. Sagni knew who this belonged to. As the Vault Manager she knew very well which vaults belonged to those wandbearers who had had questionable interactions with her kind. Muldoon. It was the Muldoon family vault, but SHE wasn't about to say so, what kind of security would that be if she just went ahead and announced who owned a certain key when it was presented to her?

She squinted at the child. "Is that so? Name? Wand?" For security reasons, wands were always registered along with keys after all. Maybe this would be one of those days that Sagni would make small humans drink a certain potion to force revert any polyjuice transformations, not because she was suspicious, but rather because it tasted foul to human tastebuds and it was always immensely satisfying to see the faces they pulled when they drank it.
"My name is Mary Muldoon," she said, "I do not yet have my wand, which is why I need to go to my Gringotts vault." She felt a time of aggression. What if she didn't cover her shyness well enough? She began to worry a lot more.
Old 12-18-2018, 05:23 AM   #6 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young
International Cooperation
Sardine VIP || Shark Attack! || D A R T E R || Captain Oblivious

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindajean View Post
Bettie and her slightly nervous squib father Aiden made their way into the Gringotts main hall. They waited in line for a short time the bank was not to busy right now to Aidens' delight.
When it was Bettie and her fathers' turn they walked up to the counter and the slightly nervous squib placed the key and paper work of inherits on the counter and has calmly as he could told the goblin " I inherits this vault and would like to put it in my daughters' name.
Tex accepted the paperwork and looked it over carefully. She then picked up the key and carefully examined it.

Everything appeared to be in order there.

"Wands." she said holding out her hand expectantly. Always had to know who you were dealing when it came to any of the lower level vaults.

_____________________________________________I Was Enchanted To Meet You
Old 12-18-2018, 10:30 AM   #7 (permalink)

Gringotts Vault Manager
Dugbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannash View Post
"My name is Mary Muldoon," she said, "I do not yet have my wand, which is why I need to go to my Gringotts vault." She felt a time of aggression. What if she didn't cover her shyness well enough? She began to worry a lot more.
Sagni squinted suspiciously at the small human, expression notably sour. Lucky for SOME. That entitlement! Not everyone could just march over to Ollivanders and get a wand. Still, it was her job and she knew well enough that this time around it was on the level.

"When you get one, you bring it here and get it registered so that nobody can steal your key and pretend to be you and get into that vault." She said, and hopped down from her stool.

"Follow me. Stay close." Sagni led the way through the Main hall and down to the corridor which would lead to the depths.

ooc: please follow Sagni here

Last edited by Sagni; 12-18-2018 at 10:37 AM.
Old 12-28-2018, 12:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
Slytherin
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bettie Monroe
Slytherin
First Year
Default Sorry it took so long to reply
Our gal Sherlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilFox06 View Post
Tex accepted the paperwork and looked it over carefully. She then picked up the key and carefully examined it.

Everything appeared to be in order there.

"Wands." she said holding out her hand expectantly. Always had to know who you were dealing when it came to any of the lower level vaults.
Bettie's father looked at her as she took out her wand for Tex. "My father is a squib so he does not have a wand but here is mine." Bettie handing up her wand to Tex.
Old 12-28-2018, 08:52 AM   #9 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young
Default No worries ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindajean View Post
Bettie's father looked at her as she took out her wand for Tex. "My father is a squib so he does not have a wand but here is mine." Bettie handing up her wand to Tex.
Tex accepted the wand and carefully examined it. Everything looked in order.

"Very well." she said hopping off of her seat, taking the key along with her. "If you would follow me, please. Your father may come too, if he wishes."

ooc: Go ahead and reply to the second part of this post in the corridor

Old 12-29-2018, 03:41 AM   #10 (permalink)
Slytherin
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bettie Monroe
Slytherin
First Year
Our gal Sherlock

Quote:
Tex accepted the wand and carefully examined it. Everything looked in order.

"Very well." she said hopping off of her seat, taking the key along with her. "If you would follow me, please. Your father may come too, if he wishes."

ooc: Go ahead and reply to the second part of this post in the corridor
At first Bettie's father was going to stay behind. Bettie took his hand and guided him as they fallowed Tex to the corridor. After all this is the first and likely the last time Aiden be in Gringotts and see the vaults.
Old 04-02-2019, 03:59 AM   #11 (permalink)

Head of Gringotts Security
Dugbog

Sturnik had a very important job to do. With the human event going on he had to prep all the teller counters with more money than usual. The human bankers had predicted an influx of foreign humans would would need to change their money over to Galleons. As such, he was busy stuffing additional money behind the counters in addition to his normal duties.

He should see someone about a raise or bonus with all the extra work he was putting in.
Old 04-14-2019, 05:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM & DIMC
Imp

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hey! I'm Torin Murphy.
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Xin chŕo, tôi tęn lŕ Mai Ainsley. (ON HOLD)

Ministry RPG Name:
Hello, name is Lucien Wright. (ON HOLD)
Mysteries
quill Withdrawal

Eniola walked in through the doors of the main entry and was immediately taken back to her first time walking through those very same doors. The beauty of the hall with chandeliers and wood accents still overwhelms her at times.

Smiling she walks over to an open teller and hands over the key to her family's vault and her wand"Hello. I'd like to make a withdrawal."

It's a fairytale evening, and you want the entire event to be totally dazzling and
a real experience with the friendliest people around you.
Old 04-14-2019, 11:31 PM   #13 (permalink)

DMC & DoM
Imp

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Analiese W. Anderson
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Giovanni F. Montanari
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Katrina S. Rothenberg
Mysteries

After getting two pairs of Ministry robes from Madam Malkin's, Giovanni needed to make a withdrawal from his vault for the owl he promised he would buy for his sister's birthday. Giovanni strode in through the main entry doors and walked up to an open service counter.

Smiling at the goblin, he placed the key to his vault and his rowan wood wand on the counter. "Hello, I would like to visit my vault, please."
Old 04-15-2019, 02:52 AM   #14 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by gritandgrace View Post
Eniola walked in through the doors of the main entry and was immediately taken back to her first time walking through those very same doors. The beauty of the hall with chandeliers and wood accents still overwhelms her at times.

Smiling she walks over to an open teller and hands over the key to her family's vault and her wand"Hello. I'd like to make a withdrawal."
Tex enjoyed the summer. It brought it all the little human kids getting ready to go to school. She, unlike most of her goblin counterparts, found them quite adorable.

"Yes. Very well." she said accepting the wand and key and looking them both over in great detail. Yes. They were legitimate.

If you would follow me." she said placing the wand back on the counter. She hopped off the stool and grabbed the keys leading to the vaults. She opened up the way and lead her toward the carts.

ooc: You can go ahead and post your character following the goblin down to the depths and into the mine carts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySeverusSnape View Post
After getting two pairs of Ministry robes from Madam Malkin's, Giovanni needed to make a withdrawal from his vault for the owl he promised he would buy for his sister's birthday. Giovanni strode in through the main entry doors and walked up to an open service counter.

Smiling at the goblin, he placed the key to his vault and his rowan wood wand on the counter. "Hello, I would like to visit my vault, please."
Lyzrog was counted off each person as they entered the bank. She visibly shuddered when anyone of an odd number came to her counter. It made the goblin uncomfortable.

Sure enough though, soon she was greeted by an odd numbered customer. Silently, she took his wand an the key and examined them. Great -- an odd numbered vault. That was quite an omen. She looked the young human over.

"Follow me." she said simply before placing the wand back on the counter.

ooc: You can go ahead and post your character following the goblin down to the depths and into the mine carts.

Old 04-15-2019, 03:02 AM   #15 (permalink)

DMC & DoM
Imp

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Analiese W. Anderson
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Giovanni F. Montanari
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Katrina S. Rothenberg
Mysteries

After taking his wand, Giovanni followed the goblin. He sensed the goblin shuddering after reading the number of his vault. Puzzled, Giovanni continued to follow the goblin to the metal carts, which lead to the well-protected depths of Gringotts.
Old 04-15-2019, 04:54 AM   #16 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM & DIMC
Imp

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hey! I'm Torin Murphy.
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Xin chŕo, tôi tęn lŕ Mai Ainsley. (ON HOLD)

Ministry RPG Name:
Hello, name is Lucien Wright. (ON HOLD)
Mysteries

Quote:
Tex enjoyed the summer. It brought it all the little human kids getting ready to go to school. She, unlike most of her goblin counterparts, found them quite adorable.

"Yes. Very well." she said accepting the wand and key and looking them both over in great detail. Yes. They were legitimate.

If you would follow me." she said placing the wand back on the counter. She hopped off the stool and grabbed the keys leading to the vaults. She opened up the way and lead her toward the carts.

Eni followed the goblin out the doors excited to be able to get what she needed for her shopping before heading back to school.

It's a fairytale evening, and you want the entire event to be totally dazzling and
a real experience with the friendliest people around you.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:51 PM   #17 (permalink)

DMAC & DMC
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mozart Bronwyn #ee6600
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maebry Grimaldi #ff8d6d
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
formerly: Eliora Dodderidge
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
formerly: Theophilus Darcy

x7 x5
Default currency conversion
∞ 17 | RP entrepreneur | defies gravity | Miss George is flawless | blanket burrito lyfe

After following a family the whole way here, Odaline felt a sense of ease by being around other magical folk. She was overwhelmed by all of the languages she was hearing, but knew it was because of the flying thing happening. Not that she cared. Oda didn't care for much. And not much cared for Oda. Not now.

She had written down what she needed and clutched the paper close as she waited.

She just needed enough money to get through this summer...

[Grimoire]__________________________________________________ ____________

Old 04-17-2019, 02:32 AM   #18 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanners View Post
After following a family the whole way here, Odaline felt a sense of ease by being around other magical folk. She was overwhelmed by all of the languages she was hearing, but knew it was because of the flying thing happening. Not that she cared. Oda didn't care for much. And not much cared for Oda. Not now.

She had written down what she needed and clutched the paper close as she waited.

She just needed enough money to get through this summer...
Tex motioned the next person in line to approach the counter. "What can I do for you today?"

Old 04-17-2019, 04:05 PM   #19 (permalink)

DMAC & DMC
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mozart Bronwyn #ee6600
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maebry Grimaldi #ff8d6d
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:

x7 x5
∞ 17 | RP entrepreneur | defies gravity | Miss George is flawless | blanket burrito lyfe

Quote:
Tex motioned the next person in line to approach the counter. "What can I do for you today?"
Without a sound, Oda stepped forward to the counter and placed a bag of coins and notes that she had been given by passersby during her time on the streets of London. She then slid the paper which she had written on beside it and gave a small, grateful smile. It read: I need this to be wizard money. Please help me.

Old 04-19-2019, 04:53 AM   #20 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young

Quote:
Without a sound, Oda stepped forward to the counter and placed a bag of coins and notes that she had been given by passersby during her time on the streets of London. She then slid the paper which she had written on beside it and gave a small, grateful smile. It read: I need this to be wizard money. Please help me.
Tex tilted her goblin head as a bag was placed on the table and a note was also placed on the table. She peaked into the bag and then read the note.

"Don't speak English then?" she asked starting to count the money.

Old 04-22-2019, 11:39 AM   #21 (permalink)

DMAC & DMC
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mozart Bronwyn #ee6600
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maebry Grimaldi #ff8d6d
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:

x7 x5

Quote:
Tex tilted her goblin head as a bag was placed on the table and a note was also placed on the table. She peaked into the bag and then read the note.

"Don't speak English then?" she asked starting to count the money.
Odaline said nothing, but watched the bag intently. She knew that there was around about fifty pounds in there and that it was what she needed to have last the rest of summer until she got back to Hogwarts. And Odaline needed to make sure that none of it went missing.

It was hers and it belonged to her and it was hers.

Old 04-23-2019, 03:25 AM   #22 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young

Quote:
Odaline said nothing, but watched the bag intently. She knew that there was around about fifty pounds in there and that it was what she needed to have last the rest of summer until she got back to Hogwarts. And Odaline needed to make sure that none of it went missing.

It was hers and it belonged to her and it was hers.
Well... okay then. The goblin was admittedly a little unsettled. She was vaguely aware that there were human legends about strange children that didn't talk.

She shook the thought out of her head as she counted out pieces of gold and silver. She recounted the small pile out loud, not sure if the human could understand, but it was habit. She looked visibly displeased that the final amount was an odd number.

Old 08-12-2019, 04:54 AM   #23 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young

Colin found himself behind one of the service counters straightening paperwork and dusting off old bins. This had been a rather productive day for the banker. He first picked up a book and put it in the lost and found bin. Ever since that moment he'd been beyond inspired to tidy up.

Did nobody else notice how messy this place was?! Was he the only one?

There really was so much to clean.

Old 12-07-2019, 01:41 AM   #24 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Yassi was typically very good at keeping current with her list of errands. She always had a second bottle of shampoo before the first one ran out and always had extra toilet paper in the cupboard. But this morning when she needed to pay for her croissant, her coin purse was empty.

All of the recent excitement (read: immense piles of work she had to deal with) had clearly taken its toll. And so when she entered the bank, she did so with a sense of urgency. Her hair had moved this way and that with the help of the wind and she hadn't so much as stopped to fix it. Her robes were also slightly askew, but she hadn't noticed. She wasn't typically such a mess. It was just... One of those days.

Nevertheless, she waited for her turn with her wand and key in her bag... Somewhere. She had sort of thrown them in. Which is why it was turning out to be such a struggle to dig them out? She was searching hard, though. She really was.

You are Lemon!
Old 12-07-2019, 05:29 AM   #25 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young

Bennett got in line at the bank. It was a busy day and he had an appointment to make in another country. Silly him, though, he'd left all his travel documents in his vault. You'd think with how often he traveled, he'd keep that at his flat, but nope.

He shifted his weight between feet and leaned to the side. At least the line wasn't long.