sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1394 users online including...
Evaxic , PhoenixRising , Svetlufy , Michailcgn , Svetlpuj , astrocat , Stevendalo , Zoe

10 members
1384 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster Wilber Winterbottom's Reign > Term 63: January - April 2023

Term 63: January - April 2023 Term Sixty-Three: The Calm (Sept 2109 - June 2110)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2022, 09:00 PM

Post Professor Paton's Office

Right beside the barn lies a newer looking small shed that Professor Paton utilizes for her office/living quarters. The woman installed the outbuilding in order to be closer to the creatures should her presence be needed.

Next to the door is a sign on the wall instructing any visitors to knock. Depending upon the weather, Professor Paton will either come join you outside to sit on one of the rocking chairs and chat or invite you inside for a cup of tea. If permitted inside, one would be greeted with a large room, much larger than what the outside hints, primarily an off-white color with green accents around the rooms. There's a large desk where she does all of her lesson planning and grading papers. Behind the desk is a large comfy chair and in front of it are two matching ones for guests. There's also a large bookshelf off to the side. A multitude of photos of her family adorns the walls, magical and mundane alike. No, it isn't you at all, for some of those face in the photos are rather quite familiar, aren't they?

So please, if you’re here for questions or just a visit, give a knock on the door and Professor Paton will be with you shortly.

OOC: Professor Paton does have a crup named Beans that is often inside the cabin as well as her very beloved albino python Amie. Feel free to have your character notice one/or both of them and/or react to them if you like if they are invited inside!
Old 01-12-2023, 05:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Default Raj/Holmesian Feline! :)
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Most days, Professor Paton could be found inside one of the barns, out in the pasture, in the reptile room or inside her office. This morning if anyone came looking for her, they would find her sat right out front of her little tiny home/office on a rocking chair. Resting about her shoulders with some of his body and head on her lap, was her familiar Amie the albino python. One of her hands was resting upon him, petting him lightly, in her free hand was a large travel mug of iced coffee. Anyone that knew her even just a smidge would know that was her most favorite drink.

You are Bread!
Old 01-12-2023, 07:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

While he often came out to the barns and pastures to interact with the various creatures that called them home, Rajesh was headed in their direction in search of his aunt specifically this time. Rounding the last curve of the path, her familiar form was visible in front of her little house beside the barn. “Hi Aunt Hads,” the Ravenclaw greeted with a smile as he approached. His parents weren't the only ones who were comforted by her presence at Hogwarts. “Hey Amie,” he added, always one to be just as friendly to the creatures as the humans and he was quite familiar with the python as the woman’s familiar.

Last edited by Holmesian Feline; 01-13-2023 at 10:03 PM.
Old 01-13-2023, 04:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post
While he often came out to the barns and pastures to interact with the various creatures that called them home, Rajesh was headed in their direction in search of his aunt specifically this time. Rounding the last curve of the path, her familiar form was visible in front of her little house beside the barn. “Hi Aunt Hads,” the Ravenclaw greeted with a smile as he approached. His parents weren't the only ones who were comforted by her presence at Hogwarts. “Hey Arnie,” he added, always one to be just as friendly to the creatures as the humans and he was quite familiar with the python as the woman’s familiar.
Hady smiled the moment she spotted the familiar face of a young. "Well if it isn't one of my most favorite nephews," she greeted in return. Anyone that knew her well enough would know that she called all of her nieces and nephews and her favorite. All of them. Her wording was always done carefully but truthfully. "What brings you by this morning? Come have a seat.. would you like something to drink?" There was a nod of her head towards the empty rocking chair beside her own.

Amie's tongue flicked about as he caught Raj's scent. A very soft 'hissssssssss' coming from him as if he was greeting the boy he knew so well also. This made Hady laugh very softly. "As always, Amie is glad that you greeted him as well." She was very pleased that her family was so used to her familiar after all of these years, the python getting well up there in age now probably helped.

You are Bread!
Old 01-13-2023, 10:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Hady smiled the moment she spotted the familiar face of a young. "Well if it isn't one of my most favorite nephews," she greeted in return. Anyone that knew her well enough would know that she called all of her nieces and nephews and her favorite. All of them. Her wording was always done carefully but truthfully. "What brings you by this morning? Come have a seat.. would you like something to drink?" There was a nod of her head towards the empty rocking chair beside her own.

Amie's tongue flicked about as he caught Raj's scent. A very soft 'hissssssssss' coming from him as if he was greeting the boy he knew so well also. This made Hady laugh very softly. "As always, Amie is glad that you greeted him as well." She was very pleased that her family was so used to her familiar after all of these years, the python getting well up there in age now probably helped.
Rajesh chuckled at her greeting, quite aware of her trick after all these years. “Well, a visit to my favorite professor first and foremost,” he remarked, echoing her sentiment and accepting her offer and taking the seat beside her. Favorite aunt too, but they kind of went together. “No thank you,” the Ravenclaw declined a drink for he was fine in that regard. “Of course…always.” Amie was family just as much as his aunt and uncle and cousins. Ethelinda was practically his older sister.

“But I think I might need advice…or just to chat on somethings.” Which was hard for him to admit. He was so used to living up to his house and finding out what he needed either in lessons or in books.
Old 01-17-2023, 05:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:

Rajesh chuckled at her greeting, quite aware of her trick after all these years. “Well, a visit to my favorite professor first and foremost,” he remarked, echoing her sentiment and accepting her offer and taking the seat beside her. Favorite aunt too, but they kind of went together. “No thank you,” the Ravenclaw declined a drink for he was fine in that regard. “Of course…always.” Amie was family just as much as his aunt and uncle and cousins. Ethelinda was practically his older sister.

“But I think I might need advice…or just to chat on somethings.” Which was hard for him to admit. He was so used to living up to his house and finding out what he needed either in lessons or in books.
There may have been the smallest wink thrown in there when Raj chuckled. Hady knew by now that he got what she was doing now that he was grown. "Oh, my, well don't go letting anyone else overhear that.. we wanted want them to be sad that I'm your favorite." She laughed softly but there was indeed a warmth that touched her heart at his words. "Alright, you let me know if you change your mind and would like anything." She also had lots of snacks and things inside her cabin for when the students or other staff stopped by.

Hady shifted slightly in her rocker, to look at Raj more comfortably. "I see. Well you know my door is always open for anything you'd like to discuss." Or she was easily a quick charmed parchment away if she wasn't in her office/home. "What is it that's on your mind?" She would do her best to give advice if she could or guide him in the proper direction for answers.

You are Bread!
Old 01-21-2023, 11:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8

Quote:
There may have been the smallest wink thrown in there when Raj chuckled. Hady knew by now that he got what she was doing now that he was grown. "Oh, my, well don't go letting anyone else overhear that.. we wanted want them to be sad that I'm your favorite." She laughed softly but there was indeed a warmth that touched her heart at his words. "Alright, you let me know if you change your mind and would like anything." She also had lots of snacks and things inside her cabin for when the students or other staff stopped by.

Hady shifted slightly in her rocker, to look at Raj more comfortably. "I see. Well you know my door is always open for anything you'd like to discuss." Or she was easily a quick charmed parchment away if she wasn't in her office/home. "What is it that's on your mind?" She would do her best to give advice if she could or guide him in the proper direction for answers.
The wink, no matter how small, only made it more amusing. “Right…which is why I say it out here,” he remarked after looking around as if searching for other professors to eavesdrop on his statement. Not that he suspected Hernandez and Carton, the two professors who he was next closest to, would really hold it against him. At her continued offer of sustenance, Raj simply nodded in understanding. If he came to want, it was available, though he knew was probably better off without the distraction of food or drink.

“Well with studying for my NEWTs, I’m trying to think on what is coming after,” he remarked, trying to put his thoughts into words. “And while I have some idea of what I want to do after Hogwarts…there might be two paths that I can go.” A part of him new he had time, knew that it could always change in the end, but he was also feeling like the world was trying to give him hints or make a decision.
Old 01-23-2023, 02:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:

The wink, no matter how small, only made it more amusing. “Right…which is why I say it out here,” he remarked after looking around as if searching for other professors to eavesdrop on his statement. Not that he suspected Hernandez and Carton, the two professors who he was next closest to, would really hold it against him. At her continued offer of sustenance, Raj simply nodded in understanding. If he came to want, it was available, though he knew was probably better off without the distraction of food or drink.

“Well with studying for my NEWTs, I’m trying to think on what is coming after,” he remarked, trying to put his thoughts into words. “And while I have some idea of what I want to do after Hogwarts…there might be two paths that I can go.” A part of him new he had time, knew that it could always change in the end, but he was also feeling like the world was trying to give him hints or make a decision.
There was no denying that deep down, Hady was still very much a child in her own right. Yes, she was always protective and mature when necessary but she also knew how to have fun. "That's very fair reasoning if I say so myself. I'm sure they would all understand though." Given they were family and all that. Just as she would understand if one of her family members didn't enjoy her subject.. thankfully this wasn't the case but she wouldn't let it get her down.

Ah, yes. A life after Hogwarts question. Hadleigh smiled softly at Raj as she listened. "Yes, well I would agree that now would certainly be the time to start thinking about things if you haven't already decided on the path you wish to take." Not everyone knew from when they were a young child what they wanted to do with their adult lives. She had but even so, her path had changed after over a decade of doing what she loved most. Now she was spreading that love with Hogwarts students. "And what exactly might these two paths be?" A part of her had a feeling that she already knew but it was best not to assume.

You are Bread!
Old 01-29-2023, 10:57 PM   #9 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8

Quote:
There was no denying that deep down, Hady was still very much a child in her own right. Yes, she was always protective and mature when necessary but she also knew how to have fun. "That's very fair reasoning if I say so myself. I'm sure they would all understand though." Given they were family and all that. Just as she would understand if one of her family members didn't enjoy her subject.. thankfully this wasn't the case but she wouldn't let it get her down.

Ah, yes. A life after Hogwarts question. Hadleigh smiled softly at Raj as she listened. "Yes, well I would agree that now would certainly be the time to start thinking about things if you haven't already decided on the path you wish to take." Not everyone knew from when they were a young child what they wanted to do with their adult lives. She had but even so, her path had changed after over a decade of doing what she loved most. Now she was spreading that love with Hogwarts students. "And what exactly might these two paths be?" A part of her had a feeling that she already knew but it was best not to assume.
Raj nodded as his aunt agreed with him. Though he almost wondered if she questioned why he might be coming to her out of others. His dad and papa and head of house were all options of course, the latter also being able to meet with in person. But to him, the woman before him however did seem like a better fit…for now. “Well one would be studying to be become a creature healer…” he admitted first. The path that would have him essentially follow in her footsteps. Studying creatures like his parents but going that extra step above a magizoologist or dragonologist.

“The other would be studying to simply be a healer.” To help the humans that came his way not the creatures he’d always been surrounded by. Both options he had feelings for but every time he seemed to lean in one direction or the other, something came up that seemed to advocate for the other.

Like a certain potions professor and his healing potion lesson.
Old 02-03-2023, 04:20 PM   #10 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:

Raj nodded as his aunt agreed with him. Though he almost wondered if she questioned why he might be coming to her out of others. His dad and papa and head of house were all options of course, the latter also being able to meet with in person. But to him, the woman before him however did seem like a better fit…for now. “Well one would be studying to be become a creature healer…” he admitted first. The path that would have him essentially follow in her footsteps. Studying creatures like his parents but going that extra step above a magizoologist or dragonologist.

“The other would be studying to simply be a healer.” To help the humans that came his way not the creatures he’d always been surrounded by. Both options he had feelings for but every time he seemed to lean in one direction or the other, something came up that seemed to advocate for the other.

Like a certain potions professor and his healing potion lesson.
Surprisingly, Hady wasn't curious as to why Raj had come to her over everyone else. Yes, yes, the young man could have sought out his head of house or another professor but she was family. Sometimes that meant a little more. Especially since his dads weren't here at Hogwarts. Taking a sip from the mug in her hand, all of her attention was on him. And he had her at 'creature healer'. A slow smile spread across her lips at finding out that he may want to follow her career path. Truthfully she had a small feeling he might with his love of creatures but one could never be too sure of things.

It also seemed like he may want to be a Healer. Of the human kind. Which was amazing all the same. Both similar but also different. "Ah, well there is a small difference there between the two, isn't there?" Hady laughed softly. "What is it you want me to help with? The creature portion of things, I'm guessing?" Any and all questions he had on that she could easily answer for him. When it came to being a healer however.. well she could possibly steer him in the direction of several people that she knew could assist him what figuring out what was right for him.

You are Bread!
Old 02-05-2023, 09:48 PM   #11 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8

Quote:
Surprisingly, Hady wasn't curious as to why Raj had come to her over everyone else. Yes, yes, the young man could have sought out his head of house or another professor but she was family. Sometimes that meant a little more. Especially since his dads weren't here at Hogwarts. Taking a sip from the mug in her hand, all of her attention was on him. And he had her at 'creature healer'. A slow smile spread across her lips at finding out that he may want to follow her career path. Truthfully she had a small feeling he might with his love of creatures but one could never be too sure of things.

It also seemed like he may want to be a Healer. Of the human kind. Which was amazing all the same. Both similar but also different. "Ah, well there is a small difference there between the two, isn't there?" Hady laughed softly. "What is it you want me to help with? The creature portion of things, I'm guessing?" Any and all questions he had on that she could easily answer for him. When it came to being a healer however.. well she could possibly steer him in the direction of several people that she knew could assist him what figuring out what was right for him.
It wasn’t hard to tell she was pleased with his first answer, even before the smile graced her lips. And Rajesh would certainly be proud to follow in her footsteps should that be the direction he wound up going. He just wanted to cover his bases to make sure it would be the right fit and not just because of his connections. “I’d say,” he mused, echoing her laughter with his own chuckle which helped with his nerves in the matter. “Though I’m not sure how it works if one had to treat a human if they happen to be in animangus form.”

The Ravenclaw nodded as his aunt figured what he might be looking for in coming to her. “For the most part. Making sure I focus on the NEWTs I would definitely need for anything later on.” His OWLs had been pretty open but he didn’t want to necessarily use up time with any of the lesser exams if he needed the study time with important ones. “And I’m curious what led you to your career path?” So he had some assistance on what he might look for for himself personally. His fathers were obvious. One loved dragons, the other hippogriffs, so they opened a reserve for both.
Old 02-09-2023, 03:57 PM   #12 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:

It wasn’t hard to tell she was pleased with his first answer, even before the smile graced her lips. And Rajesh would certainly be proud to follow in her footsteps should that be the direction he wound up going. He just wanted to cover his bases to make sure it would be the right fit and not just because of his connections. “I’d say,” he mused, echoing her laughter with his own chuckle which helped with his nerves in the matter. “Though I’m not sure how it works if one had to treat a human if they happen to be in animangus form.”

The Ravenclaw nodded as his aunt figured what he might be looking for in coming to her. “For the most part. Making sure I focus on the NEWTs I would definitely need for anything later on.” His OWLs had been pretty open but he didn’t want to necessarily use up time with any of the lesser exams if he needed the study time with important ones. “And I’m curious what led you to your career path?” So he had some assistance on what he might look for for himself personally. His fathers were obvious. One loved dragons, the other hippogriffs, so they opened a reserve for both.
Sorry not sorry. Hady couldn't help it. Having someone follow in her footsteps would be simply amazing. If this was a path he chose not to take, however, she would understand. "Ah, yes, well.. now that would depend on what their form may be and the injury." It could be risking changing back to their human form and causing themselves further harm.

Okay, there it was. Now she understood. And it made complete sense that Raj would want to make sure he was taking all of the classes and NEWTs he would need. "Of course. You want your main focus to be on the ones you know you need to do your very best in." Therefore he didn't have to be like her and try to take them all. "You will want CoMC obviously, potions is also very important as well as herbology and charms too. Transfiguration is also quite useful. DADA can teach you what to do and not do with creatures and Runes can come in handy if you like those." Now not all of those were necessary but they could be of some help to him.

It was his last question that had her smiling though and she looked down at the python wrapped around her loosely. "It's always been my passion. I know some people say that but for me it's the honest truth, creatures have always been a love of mine. Since I could walk I always wanted to hold them, take care of them and learn all there was to know about them."

You are Bread!
Old 02-11-2023, 02:20 AM   #13 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8

Quote:
Sorry not sorry. Hady couldn't help it. Having someone follow in her footsteps would be simply amazing. If this was a path he chose not to take, however, she would understand. "Ah, yes, well.. now that would depend on what their form may be and the injury." It could be risking changing back to their human form and causing themselves further harm.

Okay, there it was. Now she understood. And it made complete sense that Raj would want to make sure he was taking all of the classes and NEWTs he would need. "Of course. You want your main focus to be on the ones you know you need to do your very best in." Therefore he didn't have to be like her and try to take them all. "You will want CoMC obviously, potions is also very important as well as herbology and charms too. Transfiguration is also quite useful. DADA can teach you what to do and not do with creatures and Runes can come in handy if you like those." Now not all of those were necessary but they could be of some help to him.

It was his last question that had her smiling though and she looked down at the python wrapped around her loosely. "It's always been my passion. I know some people say that but for me it's the honest truth, creatures have always been a love of mine. Since I could walk I always wanted to hold them, take care of them and learn all there was to know about them."
Rajesh bit back a laugh at the obvious. Yes, one would definitely need THAT subject for a career working with magical creatures. “I think Dad would disown me if I skipped potions,” he mused in jest. Good thing if was a subject he shared a proficiency in with the former Hufflepuff so it wasn’t hard to keep up with. AND would work for both career paths. Charms seemed almost as obvious as COMC given the help certain charms would give and DADA made sense too, especially if one was working with the more dangerous creatures. The rest he took note of without much comment or deep thought, the last not exactly something he was interested in.

So, six subjects…more manageable than 12 for sure.

He leaned back in the rocking chair as he listened to the rest of his aunt’s answer, smiling at the feeling amongst her words as the calming movement let him enjoy the moment. Yeah, that was what he was looking for in whatever he was going to do. Something he had a passion for wholeheartedly. Which sometimes was as clear as crystal and sometimes not so much. And for him, being surrounded by creatures wasn’t exactly restricted to a career…he’d grown up with them as part of his living environment just like his aunt currently was. “Well I’m going to be surrounded by creatures either way.”
Old 02-14-2023, 04:19 PM   #14 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:

Rajesh bit back a laugh at the obvious. Yes, one would definitely need THAT subject for a career working with magical creatures. “I think Dad would disown me if I skipped potions,” he mused in jest. Good thing if was a subject he shared a proficiency in with the former Hufflepuff so it wasn’t hard to keep up with. AND would work for both career paths. Charms seemed almost as obvious as COMC given the help certain charms would give and DADA made sense too, especially if one was working with the more dangerous creatures. The rest he took note of without much comment or deep thought, the last not exactly something he was interested in.

So, six subjects…more manageable than 12 for sure.

He leaned back in the rocking chair as he listened to the rest of his aunt’s answer, smiling at the feeling amongst her words as the calming movement let him enjoy the moment. Yeah, that was what he was looking for in whatever he was going to do. Something he had a passion for wholeheartedly. Which sometimes was as clear as crystal and sometimes not so much. And for him, being surrounded by creatures wasn’t exactly restricted to a career…he’d grown up with them as part of his living environment just like his aunt currently was. “Well I’m going to be surrounded by creatures either way.”
She saw that look and she held back a smile of her own. Yes, it was obvious but she had to mention it anyhow. "Oh, don't you go upsetting them now by skipping on potions. And make sure you mention that I told you not to," Hady teased. The woman knew very well about his dads loves of potions and creatures. After all they were basically family.

"If you like I can make some note for on which subjects would be best to continue and why, if you think it would be helpful." It wouldn't take her long or be any trouble at all. That's true. Creatures are a passion for both of your dads.. but you need to find your path and follow that. If it's creatures, that would be wonderful and if it's not and you choose to be a Healer that's wonderful too. In the end only you will know what's best for you."

You are Bread!
Old 02-20-2023, 05:17 PM   #15 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8

Quote:
She saw that look and she held back a smile of her own. Yes, it was obvious but she had to mention it anyhow. "Oh, don't you go upsetting them now by skipping on potions. And make sure you mention that I told you not to," Hady teased. The woman knew very well about his dads loves of potions and creatures. After all they were basically family.

"If you like I can make some note for on which subjects would be best to continue and why, if you think it would be helpful." It wouldn't take her long or be any trouble at all. That's true. Creatures are a passion for both of your dads.. but you need to find your path and follow that. If it's creatures, that would be wonderful and if it's not and you choose to be a Healer that's wonderful too. In the end only you will know what's best for you."
For sure…all the credit for that idea went to the woman. “Of course, Aunt Hads,” he remarked with a amused smile. Just in case Daddy Adi and Papa Benny had any doubt their sister and his aunt wasn’t being supportive of things within their family. “Mhmmm I would like that,” he agreed, figuring the written reminder might help overtime as he got into the thick of things throughout the term.

In the end only you will know what's best for you.

Yeah, that was what he was most nervous about. Him making the decisions that could greatly affect his future. Granted he would always have his family, both legal and chosen, at his back to support him on whatever path he chose, even if he wound up having to double back at some point. It just was a big step. “That and wherever I live will certainly be creature friendly.” Whether it be staying at the reserve in the beginning or someplace closer to wherever his final job was. Maybe he’d finally find a familiar like Arnie, one that he felt connected to like Dad to Gus and Papa to Conrad.
Old 02-23-2023, 04:36 PM   #16 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:

For sure…all the credit for that idea went to the woman. “Of course, Aunt Hads,” he remarked with a amused smile. Just in case Daddy Adi and Papa Benny had any doubt their sister and his aunt wasn’t being supportive of things within their family. “Mhmmm I would like that,” he agreed, figuring the written reminder might help overtime as he got into the thick of things throughout the term.

In the end only you will know what's best for you.

Yeah, that was what he was most nervous about. Him making the decisions that could greatly affect his future. Granted he would always have his family, both legal and chosen, at his back to support him on whatever path he chose, even if he wound up having to double back at some point. It just was a big step. “That and wherever I live will certainly be creature friendly.” Whether it be staying at the reserve in the beginning or someplace closer to wherever his final job was. Maybe he’d finally find a familiar like Arnie, one that he felt connected to like Dad to Gus and Papa to Conrad.
The amused smile didn't go unnoticed and Hady smiled as well. Adi and Benny knew how much she loved and supported the two of them, so there shouldn't be any trouble with her talking with Raj to help him clear his head a little. "I'll get that to you soon then." She might even be able to have it to him by dinnertime.

"I know how scary it can seem having to make such a big decision but trust in yourself and you'll make the perfect one. Look at me, all these years later and here I am at Hogwarts teaching others about my passion. Sure it's not entirely the same as what I was doing all along but I'm still working closely with creatures and now I'm getting to teach all about what I know." It was a trade off but she considered this one to be a win. "Now that, I don't doubt for a second." Creatures was what they all knew.

You are Bread!
Old 03-04-2023, 11:43 PM   #17 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8

Quote:
The amused smile didn't go unnoticed and Hady smiled as well. Adi and Benny knew how much she loved and supported the two of them, so there shouldn't be any trouble with her talking with Raj to help him clear his head a little. "I'll get that to you soon then." She might even be able to have it to him by dinnertime.

"I know how scary it can seem having to make such a big decision but trust in yourself and you'll make the perfect one. Look at me, all these years later and here I am at Hogwarts teaching others about my passion. Sure it's not entirely the same as what I was doing all along but I'm still working closely with creatures and now I'm getting to teach all about what I know." It was a trade off but she considered this one to be a win. "Now that, I don't doubt for a second." Creatures was what they all knew.
Rajesh simply nodded this time, instead listening intensively as his aunt spoke her words of wisdom as he let the rocking chair shift him back and forth on its runners. He certainly couldn’t find fault in what she was saying, the seventh year figuring HE was definitely stressing too much over the matter. Trying to make too much of it was only going to harm his focus and studying. “Well you’ve definitely been teaching the whole time,” he mused concerning her own paths. Not everything he had learned about creatures came from his parents and the COMC professors besides her.

"Creatures and books...thank goodness for the undetectable extension charm." And maybe some fireproofing if any of the fire breathing family opt in.
Old 03-08-2023, 05:43 PM   #18 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:

Rajesh simply nodded this time, instead listening intensively as his aunt spoke her words of wisdom as he let the rocking chair shift him back and forth on its runners. He certainly couldn’t find fault in what she was saying, the seventh year figuring HE was definitely stressing too much over the matter. Trying to make too much of it was only going to harm his focus and studying. “Well you’ve definitely been teaching the whole time,” he mused concerning her own paths. Not everything he had learned about creatures came from his parents and the COMC professors besides her.

"Creatures and books...thank goodness for the undetectable extension charm." And maybe some fireproofing if any of the fire breathing family opt in.
Hady smiled softly as she settled back in her own rocker a little more. It was easy for her to see that her words were taken to heart, she knew they would be and that's why she was careful in what she said. Making sure to give the proper information but also answer his questions honestly like she always would. "That's true. It's what I enjoy though and you need to do that for yourself as well." Even if he had to take a little time to figure it out, she knew that he would make the right decision for himself.

"Goodness, the amount of books I used to carry around with me. Honestly I still carry around quite a few at times. There's plenty of charms that come in handy to make things a little easier." And if he every needed any help, he knew where she was.

You are Bread!
Old 03-16-2023, 11:18 PM   #19 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8

Quote:
Hady smiled softly as she settled back in her own rocker a little more. It was easy for her to see that her words were taken to heart, she knew they would be and that's why she was careful in what she said. Making sure to give the proper information but also answer his questions honestly like she always would. "That's true. It's what I enjoy though and you need to do that for yourself as well." Even if he had to take a little time to figure it out, she knew that he would make the right decision for himself.

"Goodness, the amount of books I used to carry around with me. Honestly I still carry around quite a few at times. There's plenty of charms that come in handy to make things a little easier." And if he every needed any help, he knew where she was.
Well, he enjoyed reading and learning and helping, both creature and people. Teaching though, would be the part of potentially following in his aunt’s footsteps that probably wouldn’t be for him. If his siblings were any indication, he’d likely have trouble getting people to listen to him. No matter how knowledgeable he was. “Something else to look into.” Or listen to really…his heart. What truly made him feel fulfilled, which he was beginning to think was only going to come to him with time. Possibly years.

“Ah, so its not just creature care stuff you’d tote around in your bag,” he mused with a slight smirk, remember the case she always brought to the sanctuary and the other places when she was caring for one creature or another. His aunt having brought him along on more than a few visits. Something that might have influenced the fact it was one of the paths in consideration, having enjoyed those times…most of the time.
Old 03-21-2023, 04:34 PM   #20 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:

Well, he enjoyed reading and learning and helping, both creature and people. Teaching though, would be the part of potentially following in his aunt’s footsteps that probably wouldn’t be for him. If his siblings were any indication, he’d likely have trouble getting people to listen to him. No matter how knowledgeable he was. “Something else to look into.” Or listen to really…his heart. What truly made him feel fulfilled, which he was beginning to think was only going to come to him with time. Possibly years.

“Ah, so its not just creature care stuff you’d tote around in your bag,” he mused with a slight smirk, remember the case she always brought to the sanctuary and the other places when she was caring for one creature or another. His aunt having brought him along on more than a few visits. Something that might have influenced the fact it was one of the paths in consideration, having enjoyed those times…most of the time.
Oh, well see now, that's where he shouldn't go and say no right away. She had never thought she would be teaching either and yet, here she was. One could never truly be sure where their life path would lead them as the years progressed on. "When the time comes, you'll know. Have faith in yourself." And if ever it came down to it that he was no longer happy with the path he had chosen he could always switch things up and go another way.

"Not at all. If It was my bag would've been so much lighter. I had many many things in there. Honestly I still have it and there's tons of things inside it.. you're welcome to have a look at it and all that's inside if you want. Get an idea of what I carry around with me when I work." That way it could give him a good idea of what she always had on her person at all times. Truth be told, Hady very much enjoyed taking him and his siblings as well as her own children, siblings and nieces and nephews along with her on her creature visits whenever it was safe to.

You are Bread!
Old 03-30-2023, 12:58 AM   #21 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8

Quote:
Oh, well see now, that's where he shouldn't go and say no right away. She had never thought she would be teaching either and yet, here she was. One could never truly be sure where their life path would lead them as the years progressed on. "When the time comes, you'll know. Have faith in yourself." And if ever it came down to it that he was no longer happy with the path he had chosen he could always switch things up and go another way.

"Not at all. If It was my bag would've been so much lighter. I had many many things in there. Honestly I still have it and there's tons of things inside it.. you're welcome to have a look at it and all that's inside if you want. Get an idea of what I carry around with me when I work." That way it could give him a good idea of what she always had on her person at all times. Truth be told, Hady very much enjoyed taking him and his siblings as well as her own children, siblings and nieces and nephews along with her on her creature visits whenever it was safe to.
If Rajesh could be absolutely sure about anything at the moment, it was that his coming to speak with his aunt had been a good idea. For while he wasn’t 100% sure of his own thoughts, the seventh year could see where the COMC professor was coming from and it was helping him. “I’ll certainly try,” he assured her with a smile. Maybe it was a Ravenclaw thing…good at focusing on facts and solid things and not feelings and instincts.

“Wouldn’t the feather light charm have worked with that?” he mused thinking on it. Combatting the weight of the contents that were so much more in the larger space. “Or does it not work with the extension charm?” He knew there were spells that reacted badly when combined so maybe they were one of the duos that didn’t work well together. “Yeah, that would be useful.” Who knew what he’d be carrying around attending classes and such at University. He wasn’t exactly planning on dorming on campus where he could just drop stuff off like he could here at Hogwarts.
Old 03-31-2023, 02:56 PM   #22 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:

If Rajesh could be absolutely sure about anything at the moment, it was that his coming to speak with his aunt had been a good idea. For while he wasn’t 100% sure of his own thoughts, the seventh year could see where the COMC professor was coming from and it was helping him. “I’ll certainly try,” he assured her with a smile. Maybe it was a Ravenclaw thing…good at focusing on facts and solid things and not feelings and instincts.

“Wouldn’t the feather light charm have worked with that?” he mused thinking on it. Combatting the weight of the contents that were so much more in the larger space. “Or does it not work with the extension charm?” He knew there were spells that reacted badly when combined so maybe they were one of the duos that didn’t work well together. “Yeah, that would be useful.” Who knew what he’d be carrying around attending classes and such at University. He wasn’t exactly planning on dorming on campus where he could just drop stuff off like he could here at Hogwarts.
"Are you planning on doing any internships or anything this summer? Or talking to anyone else on the Healer side of things that can give you a better perspective of all of that?" Honestly she could only talk to him about creatures. for days on end and she would be more than thrilled to do so too but that wouldn't help him with the other side of his situation. And if he truly wanted to make the right choice.. well then he needed to examine things from all possible angles.

Hady smiled and nodded. "Indeed it would. Just keep in mind the charms you are using and what you are using them on and why. For a typical bag that you would carry items in the extension charm and feather light charm can be used together." She had to complicate things when she was young and have different storage compartments in her bag and all different things going on in there. Lots of different charms and spells are currently in use upon it still. "Anytime you like. If you see something inside it that might be useful to you just let me know and you can borrow it if you like as well." Hady was all for helping her family/students get where they wanted to go in their career paths.

You are Bread!
Old 04-07-2023, 08:30 AM   #23 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DERP
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mackenzie Alistaire Mordaunt
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yoji Christopher Reed
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Mordred Alexander Mordaunt
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
River Scott Reed
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Default :3
Jedi Master•General Iroh•Java Junkie• King ♛ Stefan •Mycroft Holmes•Dragon Lord•Druid Boy

With his brows furrowed and his façade in deep thought, one Mackenzie Mordaunt finally emerged from the Slytherin Common room and out into the open grounds of Hogwarts. He'd taken the longest path possible to Professor Paton's office, allowing himself to think things through further as he walked. He didn't like talking, except for a select few, but his dilemma finally reached the point wherein he had to seek counsel from an expert.

Well, he could have just asked his father about it, being a Beast expert himself, but he knew deep down that he needed to ask someone else's perspective. Or, perhaps, he just wanted to talk to another soul. Someone not from his age group. Someone who could talk real sense.

The Slytherin stood outside the Professor's door wondering if this was a good idea. He had no intention of taking up too much of Professor Paton's time, in fact, he didn't want to bother her at all. But he'd already took a very long walk, spent his own time doing it.. so might as well get on with the visit. Oh, and he overheard she kept a ball python. The Slytherin wanted to see for himself once and for all.

With a sigh, Mackenzie knocked on the door and waited.

"It didn't go quite as planned." | The Underground Studio
Translation: I may have caused irreversible damage on a monumental scale.

« The Domes | Kitchen »