sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1093 users online including...
Stevendalo , astrocat , gotovim_quMn , natethegreat , workwethozy , Kevinmit , HoustonCoets , Evawxa , Evadng

13 members
1080 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Diagon Alley > North Side > Leaky Cauldron

Leaky Cauldron Stop by for a quick drink or a place to stay the night. This famous pub and inn would be more than happy to serve you.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2022, 12:47 AM

Default Courtyard and Brick Wall

The Leaky Cauldron sits auspiciously as part of the Muggle World, the portal to Diagon Alley. Stepping out the back door of the Leaky Cauldron, it leads to the open patio that is deceivingly large. Once inside the Courtyard the stone path circles around the green area, which is a popular place for young children to relax upon during summer holidays and is also a popular place for, people to lie out and have lunch.

On the green, a tall stone fountain sits and waits for a lucky sickle or two to find its way to the bottom of the fountain. However, the incredible thing about the fountain is the stone is rests upon. The stone floor underneath and surrounding the fountain is charmed to light up with each step a person makes on the stone floor. The color traces the outside of the traveler’s foot and each new step is a fresh new color.

Out on the green surrounding the fountain is the home to a garden of flowers that are freshly planted. Each little patch of flowers is also charmed by the former owner, Harley, to smell of a different kind of treat at the Leaky Cauldron, i.e.. Butterbeer Flowers.

Off to the side of the Courtyard, a winding stone pathway leads to a quaint little pond filled with a hundred carp fish that Ryoma, a previous owner, had specially imported from Japan. This little pond is tucked in the back of the Courtyard and serves as a little treat to all who happen upon it. Next to the pond is a simple wooden box with a money hole in the top. Dispense ten sickles and the box produces fish food to feed the carp.

The owner asks that everyone, including little witches and wizards, pick up after themselves.
Old 12-23-2022, 03:20 AM   #2 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

He still had yet to adjust to the fact that come the end of summer, there was no boarding the Hogwarts Express with the rest of his peers and head back to school. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing, but it meant that he was trying extra hard to be intentional about spending time this summer with the people who mattered to him before they were all on their separate ways. Whether that be someone staying here for uni or otherwise while he left or going back to school like his sisters or Jude.

Today the itinerary was to spend some quality time with Ashley. He'd happened by a newsstand, and while he generally tried to ignore those lest Witch Weekly have something outrageous to say about his cousin, a muggle piece had caught his attention with the Fox name on it. He didn't pick it up to look any further, figuring if it was truth and something he needed to know - his friend would tell him in her own time. But the glance alone still left him more concerned about the girl he was generally concerned about to begin with.

So... lunch. Outside, where there were no accidental mirrors.

Finding a decent table, Evan sat himself down and leaned back in the chair, taking a look around while waiting for his friend to arrive.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start

Last edited by Chelliephone; 01-08-2023 at 07:26 AM.
Chelliephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 03:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

Ash was fashionably late, the fashion being that it had taken forever to get out of the house when she felt like garbage and didn't want to go anywhere. But she was here- she was here, hoping that Evan hadn't given up on her and left already. And it was a nice day. And stuff.

Dressed in jeans and a purple sweater, Ash looked around the leaky cauldron for her friend. Only she didn't see him, so she stood around until someone pointed her in Evan's direction. She followed out to the courtyard, grinning just a little when she spotted him. She ran over, then stopped a little in front of him as she decided whether to sit down or ask for a hug... She held out her arms. "Can I hug you? Or have a hug? Or?" Please?
astrocat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 04:22 AM   #4 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

Evan was past his days of giving up on people. Especially not people who didn't give up on him first. He had noticed Ash was running late, but he was unbothered for the time being. Eventually it would reach a point of concern, but not of anger. And thankfully, she'd arrived before the extra concern had even had a chance to begin.

Smiling and giving a wave when he spotted her heading his direction, he pushed aside the book he'd retrieved from his bag and let his eyes scan for a moment to make sure she was in one piece. So far, so good. Her polite request had him giving a small chuckle, before he stood from his seat and enfolded her in a hug, giving the smallest squeeze. "Anytime you want one." She was one of the few that he didn't mind. "It's good to see you. I like the purple." It was cheery, even if maybe she wasn't. Though he couldn't tell yet.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start

Last edited by Chelliephone; 01-08-2023 at 07:27 AM.
Old 01-06-2023, 03:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

SPOILER!!: Bestie Evan <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
Evan was past his days of giving up on people. Especially not people who didn't give up on him first. He had noticed Ash was running late, but he was unbothered for the time being. Eventually it would reach a point of concern, but not of anger. And thankfully, she'd arrived before the extra concern had even had a chance to begin.

Smiling and giving a wave when he spotted her heading his direction, he pushed aside the book he'd retrieved from his bag and let his eyes scan for a moment to make sure she was in one piece. So far, so good. Her polite request had him giving a small chuckle, before he stood from his seat and enfolded her in a hug, giving the smallest squeeze. "Anytime you want one." She was one of the few that he didn't mind. "It's good to see you. I like the purple." It was cheery, even if maybe she wasn't. Though he couldn't tell yet.

"Thanks, it's a new sweater I'm trying out." Ash smiled a bit more as she was wrapped up into an Evan Hug + Smallest Squeeze(TM). Evan was the best. He was here and he didn't leave and he gave her a hug and he was still happy to see her and everything. She appreciated her best friend so much... happier, she sat down at his table. "Sorry I'm late. I tried my best to be on time this time." And she was less late than usual. She still felt sorry. She hadn't wanted to waste his time. "It's so good to see you. Have you ordered yet?" She really really hoped she hadn't kept him waiting long enough to get hungry because if she did she would feel really bad and she already felt kind of bad and she didn't want to make Evan feel bad because he was hungry and...

...she was only fifteen minutes late. Which was good. Sort of. She relaxed. "Is that a good book?"
Old 01-08-2023, 07:35 AM   #6 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

Trying new things was certainly a good thing. "Well, I think it works well for you." Once she sat down, he went ahead and moved himself back into the chair he'd been previously occupying. At her apology, he simply shook his head and gave her what he hoped was a reassuring smile. "You don't need to apologize. I don't mind waiting. The best part of gap year is I have all the time in the world." For a year anyways. But he was hoping to take advantage of that year in every way possible. "It's good to see you too." He was wishing he had gone ahead and ordered, only if to not make her more self conscious when she didn't need to be. So it was with some hesitancy he shook his head, before offering "Not yet. I was having a hard time deciding. Do you know what you'd like?"

The question on the book had him reaching for it and holding it up, Moby Dick. "I haven't decided if I like it yet. I don't read much fiction but it seemed like perhaps this might be a fun one to give a go on." Considering there was not much time left until his own voyage. "You found any good books lately with our new freedom?"

Old 01-09-2023, 05:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

Ash was having a gap year too. Only she didn't know how long the gap was, and she hoped it was short because the gap that she'd found herself stuck in was very much unplanned. She also had all the time in the world, and that meant lots of time to paint, and she thought that was okay. But she wanted the businesspeople she had talked to to get back to her, and she wanted to get her charity started, and she sort of wished her dad was still around to help (a certain boyfriend wouldn't have liked to hear this, nor would her other friends). Ash hated being stuck. But she liked having time to do things and travel. That was nice. And if she never amounted to anything in life, she had enough money to travel and paint until she died. That was also nice, not having to worry. Of course, she was still worried about her safety. Just not about her money. So maybe she was actually fine?

...what were they talking about? "I was going to have fish and chips," Ash volunteered. "No magical side effects, plus I like it." She usually stuck to foods that she'd already tried when sitting in magical restaurants. She looked at Evan's book closely. "I haven't read that one. I think I have it though. It's about a whale, right?"

Ash shrugged at his question. "I haven't been reading much... mostly painting... but I have been picking out books to read. A friend suggested finding more things to do with my time, so I pick out a new book every week. Starting last week. And I haven't read it yet." Ash laughed, running a hand through her hair. "But I'm going to." She promised, which likely didn't mean all that much in this case. But she did mean to read it!!! She just hadn't hade the time.
Old 01-11-2023, 03:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

He observed her as she seemed to get lost in her thoughts. And while he considered asking her what was on her mind, he was still a firm believer of letting people share what they wanted - on their own time. So he remained silent, until she stated what she would be getting for food and he glanced back down at his menu briefly to decide if he wanted anything different than his usual. Which... the answer was no. "I'll get Shepherd's pie. Want anything to drink? I can go place our orders." Her reasoning for choice was sound. Evan wasn't particularly fond of magical side effect foods either - he much preferred simple no-maj delicacies.

Glancing over at his book again, he nodded at the question. He wasn't far into it, but the whale part he could confirm - especially considering there was also a whale tail on the cover. "Yeah. I still have a lot to go to get to the meat of the story I think, but it does seem to be about a whale." Or maybe a journey around a whale. Time would tell. He chuckled as she explained about books, and that she hadn't started her new reading goals but she was working on it. He just nodded - it was her free time, she could certainly spend it however she saw fit, even if that meant she did not actually pick up the book. There would be no judgement from him. "What have you been painting lately?"

Old 01-13-2023, 01:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

SPOILER!!: Bestie Evan <3
Quote:
He observed her as she seemed to get lost in her thoughts. And while he considered asking her what was on her mind, he was still a firm believer of letting people share what they wanted - on their own time. So he remained silent, until she stated what she would be getting for food and he glanced back down at his menu briefly to decide if he wanted anything different than his usual. Which... the answer was no. "I'll get Shepherd's pie. Want anything to drink? I can go place our orders." Her reasoning for choice was sound. Evan wasn't particularly fond of magical side effect foods either - he much preferred simple no-maj delicacies.

Glancing over at his book again, he nodded at the question. He wasn't far into it, but the whale part he could confirm - especially considering there was also a whale tail on the cover. "Yeah. I still have a lot to go to get to the meat of the story I think, but it does seem to be about a whale." Or maybe a journey around a whale. Time would tell. He chuckled as she explained about books, and that she hadn't started her new reading goals but she was working on it. He just nodded - it was her free time, she could certainly spend it however she saw fit, even if that meant she did not actually pick up the book. There would be no judgement from him. "What have you been painting lately?"

"I'd like an orange juice." Ash associated orange juice with being for children, but she wasn't really a proper adult and anyway, she liked orange juice very much. "It would be very nice of you to order for us." It would also be more efficient that if she was the one doing it, though of course she was totally capable of doing it herself.

"You haven't decided if you like it or not yet?" Usually Ash knew by the first page whether she felt like reading it or not. When she liked it, she added it to her to-be-read bookshelf. When she didn't, she added it to her 'books I own but don't want to read' bookshelf. Evan seemed like someone who would take a bit longer though, and get through a bunch of the book before making his final deliberation. Somehow, that made her smile.

His question on her art made her smile too. Didn't Evan know that asking her about her art would lead to her showing him some? He humored her too much. Which she appreciated. "I've been painting so much! I've got my boyfriend, and my brother, and me, and my cat, and my flower vase, and the view from my balcony, and me playing piano, and so so many other things." She pulled out a bunch of art to show him, happily pointing out the different subjects. "Maybe we can talk more about what we've been doing after we get the food? I've got kind of a lot to say..." And she didn't want to keep him waiting or ruin his appetite.
Old 01-15-2023, 04:11 AM   #10 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

He made a mental note of her order, giving a nod in understanding as he started to push his chair back again and raised to his full height. "Happy to do it." It was quicker and easier and plus maybe gave her a moment to relax after her arrival.

Knowing each other for seven years certainly wasn't for anything, because she certainly had him pegged in this regard. Evan honestly was the type to go through the entire book and then have a few days to deliberate on it's meaning (if there was one) before he decided on if it was something he actually had enjoyed. Those were the moments when he truly sympathized with how exhausting it probably was to be his friend. "No, not yet. Probably a couple more chapters." That was probably a lie.

Knowing that fact about art was actually why he asked it. He happened to like seeing her artwork, which was why he'd also often requested she draw things on his arms to use the tattoo charm on. That was probably his most used spell and had certainly been a highlight of school. The comment boyfriend had him raising an eyebrow and his head tilted questioningly. "Boyfriend?" He was truly bad at keeping up on relationships, even on those he cared about. Moving to the other side of the table, he looked at each piece she'd pulled before pointing at the one of her playing piano. "I think that's one of my favorites. But these are all really good. When do we get an Ashley Fox gallery?" At her comment, he straightened again and nodded his head. "That sounds good. I'll be right back." He was curious to hear what she said anyways.

After going in, it wasn't too much longer until he'd come back with food in hand - drinks levitating behind. Putting her fish and chips in front of her and his shepherd's pie, he then grabbed the drinks as well and took his seat again. "Leaky Cauldron has pretty good food. It's nice being able to get it now whenever we want."

Old 01-15-2023, 06:10 AM   #11 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

SPOILER!!: Evan <3
Quote:
He made a mental note of her order, giving a nod in understanding as he started to push his chair back again and raised to his full height. "Happy to do it." It was quicker and easier and plus maybe gave her a moment to relax after her arrival.

Knowing each other for seven years certainly wasn't for anything, because she certainly had him pegged in this regard. Evan honestly was the type to go through the entire book and then have a few days to deliberate on it's meaning (if there was one) before he decided on if it was something he actually had enjoyed. Those were the moments when he truly sympathized with how exhausting it probably was to be his friend. "No, not yet. Probably a couple more chapters." That was probably a lie.

Knowing that fact about art was actually why he asked it. He happened to like seeing her artwork, which was why he'd also often requested she draw things on his arms to use the tattoo charm on. That was probably his most used spell and had certainly been a highlight of school. The comment boyfriend had him raising an eyebrow and his head tilted questioningly. "Boyfriend?" He was truly bad at keeping up on relationships, even on those he cared about. Moving to the other side of the table, he looked at each piece she'd pulled before pointing at the one of her playing piano. "I think that's one of my favorites. But these are all really good. When do we get an Ashley Fox gallery?" At her comment, he straightened again and nodded his head. "That sounds good. I'll be right back." He was curious to hear what she said anyways.

After going in, it wasn't too much longer until he'd come back with food in hand - drinks levitating behind. Putting her fish and chips in front of her and his shepherd's pie, he then grabbed the drinks as well and took his seat again. "Leaky Cauldron has pretty good food. It's nice being able to get it now whenever we want."

"Are there only a few chapters left in the book?" Ash inquired teasingly. She was surprised he was so close to forming his opinion! All jokes aside, she loved Evan's reading tendencies. She loved Evan in general. He was the best best friend that she could've asked for, and she always liked his calm and logical way of thinking (even when it meant that he took forever to make his book opinions that Ash had decided by looking at the font on the cover).

She grinned at the mention of the boyfriend. "Yes, boyfriend!!!" Of course, she'd told Evan all about him and how much she liked him while they were at school, but now they were BOYFRIEND and GIRLFRIEND. And she never passed up on an opportunity to mention it, whether it was a conscious decision or not. Didn't Evan think he was hot from her paintings? Didn't Evan agree that he looked like the sweetest? please say yes please say yes. "I'm getting a gallery once my art becomes famous and I get all in the news because I'm so wonderful." She paused awkwardly. "Well I'm already in the news, as you've probably seen. But maybe one day I'll be in the arts section." Or maybe the business section. She'd get her own profile and everything. Maybe one day.

She let Evan go and get their food, spending the time drawing. She was always drawing. In every spare moment. Because she had little to do, and she was anxious for her best friend to get back. "I have been making a list of my favorite restaurants in my area. I really like the freedom of being graduated and being able to do as I wish, don't you?"
Old 01-18-2023, 06:40 AM   #12 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

He couldn't help the laugh at her question, forgetting apparently for a mental just how well she knew him. "Alright I'm only like halfway through. Which means I'm halfway to an opinion." He teased back, though in reality… it probably wasn't a joke. It was one of the nicest things in the world to have people who understood him now and seemed to fully accept, even appreciate, his oddities. He over thought pretty much everything, but he was lucky enough now to have people who seemed to see that as one of his strengths - instead of a reason to avoid him. It was amazing that Hogwarts was what gave him that, when he had been so determined to never return after his second year. Which clearly didn't happen.

Thank goodness.

He liked seeing her happy, though were he entirely honest he'd been a little bit hoping for Blake and Ash. But he'd also always been a little bit hopeful for Margaret and Blake. Essentially he just wanted to see them all happy, so if she was now.. then he was happy for her. He was not the most astute when it came to spotting people as 'sweet' or 'hot', but if that's what she wanted to hear from him he'd be happy to supply the words if it gave her pleasure. "Then I'm surely we'll have an Ashley Fox gallery every day. And I'll be there every night." His smile turned a little more solemn at her words, and he would have asked but.. he was now committed to food. And imagined that's in part what she wanted to talk about after they had that in their stomach. "I'll only be checking the arts page." He settled on saying, before having disappeared for their meal.

Once he'd settled back in his seat on his return, he craned his head to try to get a look at her newest addition. "what drawing were you working on now?" He asked, before a forkful of shepherd's pie made it to his mouth. He nodded at her question, mouth currently too full to give a verbal answer, until he swallowed the mouthful at least. "I don't think I've ever read this many books, just to read a book."

Old 01-20-2023, 02:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

SPOILER!!: Evan <3
Quote:
He couldn't help the laugh at her question, forgetting apparently for a mental just how well she knew him. "Alright I'm only like halfway through. Which means I'm halfway to an opinion." He teased back, though in reality… it probably wasn't a joke. It was one of the nicest things in the world to have people who understood him now and seemed to fully accept, even appreciate, his oddities. He over thought pretty much everything, but he was lucky enough now to have people who seemed to see that as one of his strengths - instead of a reason to avoid him. It was amazing that Hogwarts was what gave him that, when he had been so determined to never return after his second year. Which clearly didn't happen.

Thank goodness.

He liked seeing her happy, though were he entirely honest he'd been a little bit hoping for Blake and Ash. But he'd also always been a little bit hopeful for Margaret and Blake. Essentially he just wanted to see them all happy, so if she was now.. then he was happy for her. He was not the most astute when it came to spotting people as 'sweet' or 'hot', but if that's what she wanted to hear from him he'd be happy to supply the words if it gave her pleasure. "Then I'm surely we'll have an Ashley Fox gallery every day. And I'll be there every night." His smile turned a little more solemn at her words, and he would have asked but.. he was now committed to food. And imagined that's in part what she wanted to talk about after they had that in their stomach. "I'll only be checking the arts page." He settled on saying, before having disappeared for their meal.

Once he'd settled back in his seat on his return, he craned his head to try to get a look at her newest addition. "what drawing were you working on now?" He asked, before a forkful of shepherd's pie made it to his mouth. He nodded at her question, mouth currently too full to give a verbal answer, until he swallowed the mouthful at least. "I don't think I've ever read this many books, just to read a book."

"Well halfway to an opinion is pretty good," Ash replied, a tiny smile on her lips. "Your book opinions are probably better than mine. I make up my mind too quickly." That was why they were great best friends- opposites attract, and all that. Evan was slow and sure at things, and Ash did everything with haste whenever she wanted to. It was perfect, in her opinion. She smiled.

Ash could have told him that Ash and Blake hadn't happened and Blake and Margaret wasn't happening anymore, but that wasn't what was on her mind. What WAS on her mind was trying to convince Evan that her boyfriend was the best. He seemed to be going along with it, which made her happy even though she didn't think he had really formed an opinion on Rome yet. "The Ashley Fox Gallery has free entry. for you." She laughed, and fiddled with the newspaper article in her pocket. She nodded at Evan's last words before getting their food. "I appreciate that..." She didn't really like being in the news right now. She liked that he wouldn't read it.

"Currently, I'm making a self portrait. From pictures. I'll show it to you when I finish!" It didn't look like her yet. "I'm not much of a reader, as you know. But I've also been doing things for myself, instead of for school. I enjoy it." She felt so free. And of course there were drawbacks, like being lonely, and being free to make bad decisions, but overall Ash was happier on her own.
Old 01-21-2023, 08:49 PM   #14 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

SPOILER!!: Ash
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post

"Well halfway to an opinion is pretty good," Ash replied, a tiny smile on her lips. "Your book opinions are probably better than mine. I make up my mind too quickly." That was why they were great best friends- opposites attract, and all that. Evan was slow and sure at things, and Ash did everything with haste whenever she wanted to. It was perfect, in her opinion. She smiled.

Ash could have told him that Ash and Blake hadn't happened and Blake and Margaret wasn't happening anymore, but that wasn't what was on her mind. What WAS on her mind was trying to convince Evan that her boyfriend was the best. He seemed to be going along with it, which made her happy even though she didn't think he had really formed an opinion on Rome yet. "The Ashley Fox Gallery has free entry. for you." She laughed, and fiddled with the newspaper article in her pocket. She nodded at Evan's last words before getting their food. "I appreciate that..." She didn't really like being in the news right now. She liked that he wouldn't read it.

"Currently, I'm making a self portrait. From pictures. I'll show it to you when I finish!" It didn't look like her yet. "I'm not much of a reader, as you know. But I've also been doing things for myself, instead of for school. I enjoy it." She felt so free. And of course there were drawbacks, like being lonely, and being free to make bad decisions, but overall Ash was happier on her own.

He smiled in appreciation at her encouragement, giving a shake of his head almost immediately after. "My opinions aren't better. Just different. And we need both for their to ever been interesting and scholarly debates about any topics." They needed the Ash's of the world, able to do things in haste, and he supposed there was some benefit to individuals who were slow and methodical like himself. The yin and yangs of the world.

Truthfully, he probably would have had a hard time following it all anyways - it had been so long since he'd checked in on relationships. So focusing on the current one that seemed to be giving her joy was far better suited for him in the moment. "I'm entirely honored." Though he'd happily pay too. Eventually, he'd have to find himself a good paying job so that he could donate a bunch of money to his friend's successful businesses. Or, in her case, non-profits. But for now... he wasn't rushing into figuring that out, happy enough to live on what was left of his tutoring money he'd saved over the last 7 years and his parents. "Of course." He preferred to hear things straight from the horses mouth anyways. News and tabloids could never be trusted, there was too much bias in the world.

"I would love to see that." It certainly sounded like an interesting project idea. Another bite of shepherd's pie went into his mouth, chewing as he listened to her before adding his follow up questions. "What does doing things for yourself entail? Other than the art." Since they'd covered that portion.

Old 01-22-2023, 06:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default For he whom I adore! <3
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

Fresh air was nice.

Yes.

Rafa wanted fresh air, not because he worked with owls and this entailed a lot of poo plus all the other smelliness that came with the territories. No, it had to do with the fact that, despite winter almost being upon the United Kingdom, it was still a beautiful day out. The owl caretaker held his lunch {Veela hair pasta, mashed potatoes and pork chops - an odd combo, he knew - a slice of apple pie and ice cold butterbeer} which he had ordered indoors.

With his twin brother’s wedding that upcoming weekend, he had offered to take some time off to help with the last minute preparations. Gabriel had assured him he and his tall, dark and handsome future husband had everything under control. So, that left Rafa with time on his hands to lunch at leisure and do all the things he wanted, and when the time came, to show up dateless at the wedding. Rafa was certain his sister and mother would not be amused. “A problem for Saturday,’’ he remarked to himself, taking a seat then unfurling a copy of today’s Prophet. What could possibly be interesting in there today?

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 09:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kion Baltasar Ingebretson
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •

SPOILER!!: For she whom I admire <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Fresh air was nice.

Yes.

Rafa wanted fresh air, not because he worked with owls and this entailed a lot of poo plus all the other smelliness that came with the territories. No, it had to do with the fact that, despite winter almost being upon the United Kingdom, it was still a beautiful day out. The owl caretaker held his lunch {Veela hair pasta, mashed potatoes and pork chops - an odd combo, he knew - a slice of apple pie and ice cold butterbeer} which he had ordered indoors.

With his twin brother’s wedding that upcoming weekend, he had offered to take some time off to help with the last minute preparations. Gabriel had assured him he and his tall, dark and handsome future husband had everything under control. So, that left Rafa with time on his hands to lunch at leisure and do all the things he wanted, and when the time came, to show up dateless at the wedding. Rafa was certain his sister and mother would not be amused. “A problem for Saturday,’’ he remarked to himself, taking a seat then unfurling a copy of today’s Prophet. What could possibly be interesting in there today?

Dash was out here in these Northern streets of Diagon Alley. He was done visiting some relatives who entertained him plenty. Being away from his friends from University over the years and focusing on his teaching left his partying and fun days to rare occasions. A pity.

So Dash was sitting finishing up his pixie pizza, thinking about what he can do since his cousin will be out of town the next few weeks for business. Maybe he'll check out the nearest clubs again... when he heard someone talk. Problem? Not my problem. But Saturday... He turned his head to see another lad, blinking for a moment at his stature and built. "..problem?" His hazel eyes met blue to ask.

Charely Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 11:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Mr. McHottie ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charely Potter View Post

Dash was out here in these Northern streets of Diagon Alley. He was done visiting some relatives who entertained him plenty. Being away from his friends from University over the years and focusing on his teaching left his partying and fun days to rare occasions. A pity.

So Dash was sitting finishing up his pixie pizza, thinking about what he can do since his cousin will be out of town the next few weeks for business. Maybe he'll check out the nearest clubs again... when he heard someone talk. Problem? Not my problem. But Saturday... He turned his head to see another lad, blinking for a moment at his stature and built. "..problem?" His hazel eyes met blue to ask.

Rafa had taken no particular notice of anyone in his immediate surroundings other than to note that there was the usual crowd during this particular time. He was particularly grateful that School or Daycare was in session; this meant that there wasn’t the usual pack of annoying little humans running about and making a bunch of noise {Rafa tended to avoid lunching here during the school break though unfortunately, he could not escape having to deal with underage witches and wizards when they wanted to get themselves an owl}. This was why the man hadn’t the foggiest that someone was close enough to overhear him.

Rafael peered over the top of the Prophet to meet a pair of the nicest hazel eyes he’d ever seen. “Some sort of issue with Floor Powder,’’ was the mild response as he was not quite keen on divulging his business to a stranger. “Hope you can Apparate.’’

Old 01-23-2023, 12:15 AM   #18 (permalink)
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7

SPOILER!!: Mr. McHandsome
Quote:

Rafa had taken no particular notice of anyone in his immediate surroundings other than to note that there was the usual crowd during this particular time. He was particularly grateful that School or Daycare was in session; this meant that there wasn’t the usual pack of annoying little humans running about and making a bunch of noise {Rafa tended to avoid lunching here during the school break though unfortunately, he could not escape having to deal with underage witches and wizards when they wanted to get themselves an owl}. This was why the man hadn’t the foggiest that someone was close enough to overhear him.

Rafael peered over the top of the Prophet to meet a pair of the nicest hazel eyes he’d ever seen. “Some sort of issue with Floor Powder,’’ was the mild response as he was not quite keen on divulging his business to a stranger. “Hope you can Apparate.’’

Naturally, such a response meant the topic had to stay there, "I've heard, been forced to walk a couple blocks to my job from the designated apparition point." Not that Dash could fault this lad on keeping a mystery, but the obvious secret intrigued him more to find out. Especially when he heard Saturday.

But he had to do it in a polite way, yeah? Got to stroke the ego first. Taking his pizza, he spun his chair around to fully sit facing the man with the newspaper at his table. He seemed to have an intimidating front around the decent look, but the challenge only got him to march ahead. "Pardon me, but I did hear you say Saturday as well. Is it too much to ask what's Saturday have to do with the Floo issue?" Well... as polite as he could get. Not even the newspaper would separate the eyes for long, "They got some kind of solution or issue bound then?" Something he ought to know for sure.

Old 01-23-2023, 12:40 AM   #19 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Persistent, much? :3
Quote:
SPOILER!!: Mr. McHandsome

Naturally, such a response meant the topic had to stay there, "I've heard, been forced to walk a couple blocks to my job from the designated apparition point." Not that Dash could fault this lad on keeping a mystery, but the obvious secret intrigued him more to find out. Especially when he heard Saturday.

But he had to do it in a polite way, yeah? Got to stroke the ego first. Taking his pizza, he spun his chair around to fully sit facing the man with the newspaper at his table. He seemed to have an intimidating front around the decent look, but the challenge only got him to march ahead. "Pardon me, but I did hear you say Saturday as well. Is it too much to ask what's Saturday have to do with the Floo issue?" Well... as polite as he could get. Not even the newspaper would separate the eyes for long, "They got some kind of solution or issue bound then?" Something he ought to know for sure.

There was a moment that Rafa silently took to congratulate himself on doing a good job in avoiding the actual topic. “Walking is an excellent form of exercise.” He himself preferred jogging but walking was just as beneficial. His face completely disappeared behind the Prophet once more. That should put an end to the conversation, right?

Wrong.

Rafa came face to face with not just the guy’s eyes this time but most of him as the stranger was now facing him fully. “It is too much,’’ Rafa responded, completely bemused. “You’re awfully persistent.” He withdrew his earlier hearty congratulations as the paper was folded up. This fella was far more interesting than it and Rafa was quite enjoying toying with him. “Floo Powder will be back in circulation on Saturday. Looks like you wouldn't need to walk as much.”

Would he fall for it?

Old 01-23-2023, 01:09 AM   #20 (permalink)
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7

SPOILER!!: Secretive, much? xD
Quote:

There was a moment that Rafa silently took to congratulate himself on doing a good job in avoiding the actual topic. “Walking is an excellent form of exercise.” He himself preferred jogging but walking was just as beneficial. His face completely disappeared behind the Prophet once more. That should put an end to the conversation, right?

Wrong.

Rafa came face to face with not just the guy’s eyes this time but most of him as the stranger was now facing him fully. “It is too much,’’ Rafa responded, completely bemused. “You’re awfully persistent.” He withdrew his earlier hearty congratulations as the paper was folded up. This fella was far more interesting than it and Rafa was quite enjoying toying with him. “Floo Powder will be back in circulation on Saturday. Looks like you wouldn't need to walk as much.”

Would he fall for it?

"They don't call me Dash for nothing," Welp, here was a name drop. It was apparent this gentleman didn't want to look at Dash much longer... or did he? What he said next already contradicted his first excuse. An obvious ploy to toy with him. Usually, Dash did the toying with others but here he was on the receiving end. But it was fine, it made him kick back in the chair to take another bite of his pizza as he smirked, "Hmm, sounds like you're hiding a very personal problem," Looking thoughtfully, expecting to see his face again.

Boom. He did manage to get him to set that paper away if only momentarily. His trouble was nearly away. "Okay, you know what, it's not my problem," He decided, seemingly about to collect his pizza and go... except, "But you look decent enough, so how's about I get you a drink and we can not talk about that problem of yours?" He could stare at this face again and the stranger... gets a free drink. Okay, maybe not a fair trade, but it was negotiable. But what could they talk about then? "You could share me your workout routine since we're clearly gunning for a similar built," Nice deltoids for one. Now, where was this conversation going?

Last edited by Charely Potter; 01-23-2023 at 01:19 AM.
Old 01-23-2023, 02:00 AM   #21 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Epic name dropper! <3
Quote:

"They don't call me Dash for nothing," Welp, here was a name drop. It was apparent this gentleman didn't want to look at Dash much longer... or did he? What he said next already contradicted his first excuse. An obvious ploy to toy with him. Usually, Dash did the toying with others but here he was on the receiving end. But it was fine, it made him kick back in the chair to take another bite of his pizza as he smirked, "Hmm, sounds like you're hiding a very personal problem," Looking thoughtfully, expecting to see his face again.

Boom. He did manage to get him to set that paper away if only momentarily. His trouble was nearly away. "Okay, you know what, it's not my problem," He decided, seemingly about to collect his pizza and go... except, "But you look decent enough, so how's about I get you a drink and we can not talk about that problem of yours?" He could stare at this face again and the stranger... gets a free drink. Okay, maybe not a fair trade, but it was negotiable. But what could they talk about then? "You could share me your workout routine since we're clearly gunning for a similar built," Nice deltoids for one. Now, where was this conversation going?

His lips twitched as he wanted to smile coyly. So. Dash was this fella’s name. It was nice to know, even if Rafa wasn’t going to volunteer his own name. Not yet, anyway. Personal problem? That was exactly it. He was hiding his nonexistent love life which was bound to be the topic Juniper and Isabella focused on at some point on Saturday. Rafa was not ready to deal with that again. Just the thought of it made him want to groan and cancel his attendance.

“Definitely not your problem,’’ the owl caretaker responded, thinking that Dash would finally leave him alone. The thought was short lived. “You are one stubborn young man, Dash.” Stubbornness ran in the Melo family hence he had plenty of experience in dealing with the trait. Maybe it was the eyes - he’d seen his fair share of hazel eyes but there was something magnetic about Dash’s - but Rafa agreed, surprising even himself. “Fine. And I can tell you right now that my routine starts at 5 AM each day. A little earlier on my days off.” Reaching for his butterbeer, he slyly checked out Dash's physique.

Old 01-23-2023, 02:10 AM   #22 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

SPOILER!!: the best Evan
Quote:

He smiled in appreciation at her encouragement, giving a shake of his head almost immediately after. "My opinions aren't better. Just different. And we need both for their to ever been interesting and scholarly debates about any topics." They needed the Ash's of the world, able to do things in haste, and he supposed there was some benefit to individuals who were slow and methodical like himself. The yin and yangs of the world.

Truthfully, he probably would have had a hard time following it all anyways - it had been so long since he'd checked in on relationships. So focusing on the current one that seemed to be giving her joy was far better suited for him in the moment. "I'm entirely honored." Though he'd happily pay too. Eventually, he'd have to find himself a good paying job so that he could donate a bunch of money to his friend's successful businesses. Or, in her case, non-profits. But for now... he wasn't rushing into figuring that out, happy enough to live on what was left of his tutoring money he'd saved over the last 7 years and his parents. "Of course." He preferred to hear things straight from the horses mouth anyways. News and tabloids could never be trusted, there was too much bias in the world.

"I would love to see that." It certainly sounded like an interesting project idea. Another bite of shepherd's pie went into his mouth, chewing as he listened to her before adding his follow up questions. "What does doing things for yourself entail? Other than the art." Since they'd covered that portion.

If Evan had said that they needed the Ashes of the world, she would have melted and possibly died. It was hard to feel like the world needed Ashes when she wanted to leave a big positive impact on the world and she didn't think she was making any impact at all. Evan was extra wonderful during those times(like now), by the way. And she appreciated him and his kindness so much. Evans were very much needed in the world, she would have told him. Especially in a world with Ashes! "I obviously don't do mirrors, you know, so I've been looking at a lot of pictures and using those for reference. I'm super into self portraits now." That wasn't self-centered, was it? She liked painting other people too! It was just that she thought self-portraits helped her understand her self. "You should see my art studio! It wasn't there the last time you came to my apartment but I converted the spare bedroom." He should come over and stay as long as he wanted to. Ash loved having guests. Her apartment was too big for just her all the time. Especially now that her boyfriend AND her brother were away. Too lonely. "You should come over sometime, if you want. You'd be welcomed. As long as you don't mind my owl, rabbit, and cat." Especially Maggie the owl. Maggie was unpleasant at times.

"Doing things for myself is all... bubble baths. And piano. And journaling. And sleeping 8 hours a night. And learning to cook things myself. Theodore came over the other day to show me how to make steak." Ash liked being free, and living away from her family. She liked it a lot. Was she prepared or qualified or in her opinion, deserving for it? No. But it was one of the best things that could have happened to her, she decided. "Getting to do things that I feel like I have to do for myself makes me feel very free."
Old 01-24-2023, 01:02 AM   #23 (permalink)
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7

SPOILER!!: Just Epic! <3
Quote:

His lips twitched as he wanted to smile coyly. So. Dash was this fella’s name. It was nice to know, even if Rafa wasn’t going to volunteer his own name. Not yet, anyway. Personal problem? That was exactly it. He was hiding his nonexistent love life which was bound to be the topic Juniper and Isabella focused on at some point on Saturday. Rafa was not ready to deal with that again. Just the thought of it made him want to groan and cancel his attendance.

“Definitely not your problem,’’ the owl caretaker responded, thinking that Dash would finally leave him alone. The thought was short lived. “You are one stubborn young man, Dash.” Stubbornness ran in the Melo family hence he had plenty of experience in dealing with the trait. Maybe it was the eyes - he’d seen his fair share of hazel eyes but there was something magnetic about Dash’s - but Rafa agreed, surprising even himself. “Fine. And I can tell you right now that my routine starts at 5 AM each day. A little earlier on my days off.” Reaching for his butterbeer, he slyly checked out Dash's physique.

So it was true, on it being a personal problem. Being called stubborn didn't phase Dash as his face lacked the reaction it is, instead quipping, "Don't forget handsome," He took care of his own body to know his own looks. Plus he felt proud for reading the bloke. "But I guess we share that in common Mr. No-Name," Hope he liked his new name. It was staying until further notice.

Doing his best not to visualize him getting his sweat on in the streets from no doubt jogging and possibly trading blows in the gym, "Every day? No wonder," Dash replied, "I used to get a run in before my lessons, but after they closed the faculty showers, I've moved it into my evenings." And lonely days, but he was not adding that part. He was still in good shape, but needed to watch his cheating days as usual. "So what work helps keep your schedule so consistent?"

Old 01-24-2023, 02:00 AM   #24 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Flash! hehe <3
Quote:

So it was true, on it being a personal problem. Being called stubborn didn't phase Dash as his face lacked the reaction it is, instead quipping, "Don't forget handsome," He took care of his own body to know his own looks. Plus he felt proud for reading the bloke. "But I guess we share that in common Mr. No-Name," Hope he liked his new name. It was staying until further notice.

Doing his best not to visualize him getting his sweat on in the streets from no doubt jogging and possibly trading blows in the gym, "Every day? No wonder," Dash replied, "I used to get a run in before my lessons, but after they closed the faculty showers, I've moved it into my evenings." And lonely days, but he was not adding that part. He was still in good shape, but needed to watch his cheating days as usual. "So what work helps keep your schedule so consistent?"

The lack of reaction at being called stubborn told Rafa that Dash had probably been described as such before. Possibly even worse. Amusement flicked across his face. The other man was rather pleasing to the eyes… eye candy, if you will. “Do you mean the stubbornness or the good looks?’’ Rafa asked innocently, not taking the bait to offer up his name. It was far more fun to get Dash to talk about himself {which wasn’t that difficult at all} than for Rafa to simply volunteer too much information about his own life that easily. Maybe he was enjoying getting to know Dash while simultaneously creating some amount of mystery on his end.

“Every day.” Some butterbeer was downed before Rafa replaced his glass on the table; he’d forgotten about his lunch. “Are you a professor then?” Or a tutor? Now there was an amusing thing to picture: a stubborn professor arguing with an equally stubborn brat. “How do you tolerate kids? Or teens even, if it's teens you deal with?” It was something he often asked Isa, since she was in the teaching profession. Rafa shrugged. “Determination. Wanting to treat my body like the temple it is. The friendly little keeping-in-top-shape competition I have with my twin brother.”

Old 01-25-2023, 01:37 AM   #25 (permalink)
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7

SPOILER!!: The Green Arrow!
Quote:

The lack of reaction at being called stubborn told Rafa that Dash had probably been described as such before. Possibly even worse. Amusement flicked across his face. The other man was rather pleasing to the eyes… eye candy, if you will. “Do you mean the stubbornness or the good looks?’’ Rafa asked innocently, not taking the bait to offer up his name. It was far more fun to get Dash to talk about himself {which wasn’t that difficult at all} than for Rafa to simply volunteer too much information about his own life that easily. Maybe he was enjoying getting to know Dash while simultaneously creating some amount of mystery on his end.

“Every day.” Some butterbeer was downed before Rafa replaced his glass on the table; he’d forgotten about his lunch. “Are you a professor then?” Or a tutor? Now there was an amusing thing to picture: a stubborn professor arguing with an equally stubborn brat. “How do you tolerate kids? Or teens even, if it's teens you deal with?” It was something he often asked Isa, since she was in the teaching profession. Rafa shrugged. “Determination. Wanting to treat my body like the temple it is. The friendly little keeping-in-top-shape competition I have with my twin brother.”

"I don't know, you tell me," Dash shrugged not-so-innocently, he already said what he said. The bloke was sitting there looking pretty on him. Which was fine, since it left him fishing, but he wasn't biting. He signaled the nearest patron for a refill on his own drink before honoring the extra drink for the nameless one. Though he wasn't sharing info, he was at least being shared the space even if he did steal it.

Dash smiled, "You don't like kids, I take it?" Interesting questions for one. He would answer them, but he liked having some questions answered beforehand. Kids in general liked asking questions and it took patience. Patience he savored but was over here spending it on the hunk. "Huh, so you're a body builder. Are you training up for a competition or something?" Must be a stressful job.