sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1374 users online including...
PhoenixRising , Stevendalo , uralldmex , Evaxic , Svetlufy , Michailcgn , Svetlpuj , astrocat

10 members
1364 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 54: January - April 2020

Term 54: January - April 2020 Term fifty-four: A Lesson in History (Sept 2100 - June 2101)

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 02-14-2020, 11:00 PM

Default Astronomy II: Rewrite the Stars

The classroom is set up as always, with a semicircle of chairs surrounding the blackboard. There are no specific signs pointing you to what your professor might discuss today. The tables are bare, the sky is cloudy (it's Scottland. Honestly, expecting clear skies is a recipe for disappointment AND if Simran has learned something from her extensive experience on this particular planet, it was always best to expect the worst from British weather).

Instead, there are a host of dots on the blackboard, clearly a collection of stars, but not yet joined together by any constellation markers.

Your professor is, as always, perched on her desk, waiting for your arrivals.

OOC: The lesson will begin in approximately 24 hours. Feel free to post your characters arriving in the meantime!
Old 02-23-2020, 03:44 AM   #51 (permalink)

Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jordyn Guidry
Graduated
x5
Default Major catch up
dream until your • dreams come true ~ Human pygmy puff

Naya listened as the talk turned to Astrology. That led into the next question. The answer, however, was complicated. She wasn’t exactly sure how she felt about Astrology. Naya believed that some parts of it had merit, but she wasn’t quite sure that she believed everything about Astrology. For that reason, she decided to sit out this question. Naya remained quiet, but attentive.

As the professor continued, the Gryffindor took notes. It seemed that they would be making birth charts. Naya was all in with this because it sounded like fun. She was curious to find out what her birth chart would reveal and whether she would believe it or not.

When it was time, Naya went up and found the almanac for her birth year. Then she got a blank birth chart and went to work. First, she had to fill in the pertinent information. Birthdate-5 October 2085. Next Naya added her time and place of birth, 11:12 am and Miami, Florida. Fortunately they did not need much more birth information than that because that would have been a problem. She continued to work until her chart was complete.

Now for the hard part. Interpretation. That would definitely be more challenging.

SPOILER!!: Naya’s chart

You are Salt!
Old 02-24-2020, 09:26 AM   #52 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default *too lazy for quotes* Snags Isla
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Heath finished filling in his chart in the nick of time. He hoped he had drawn all the lines in the right places, but somehow he doubted it. Angles and degrees and just maths in general were not his strong suit! He glanced over his now completed chart, even more confused than ever. All these houses, ascendants, trines, squares, conjunctions… he had no idea what any of those terms meant. It was enough to make his brain explode!

He looked up, hanging on to Professor Sandhu’s every word as she spoke. Okay, so… the planets describe what’s happening. Signs describe how it happens, and houses describe where it happens. That sort of made sense, he supposed, but it wasn’t until the professor used Mars as an example that it fully clicked. So by logic… He looked at his chart again. Mars in Libra. That meant… someone who isn’t particularly sociable and finds it hard to make decisions without others’ permission. That definitely sounded like him! And Mars in the 3rd house? That meant active intellect, a quick wit, and a tendency to make hasty decisions. That part was accurate, but the next part, not so much. Family conflicts, tendency to criticize others, always in a hurry and competitive? Nope, not even close! That sounded more like his older brother than him.

Heath had every intention of working solo for the interpretation activity. He was far too shy to put himself out there and risk rejection, and more importantly, he didn’t fully trust his interpretation skills. He wouldn’t want to give someone an inaccurate reading! He kept his head down, poring over his chart. For now, he was going to ignore the complicated parts like ascendants and focus on the aspects he understood. He’d come back to the other stuff later if he had time. So he’d already done an interpretation for Mars. One planet down, nine to go. His eyes darted from his chart to the almanac several times as he furiously jotted down his interpretations. He almost laughed out loud when he came to the description for the moon in the 11th house. Popular, him? That was a good one! First the description of Mars in the 3rd house that sounded like Fiyero, and now a description that sounded more like Ariel. It was like even the cosmos were comparing him to his siblings!

SPOILER!!: Heath’s chart & notes

Sun - self, individuality, personality

Sun in Virgo
Sense of order, practical, good with design, full concentration on tasks

Sun in 2nd House
Energy to achieve personal goals/financial security, desire for material success & financial independence

Moon - emotions, instincts, root, mother

Moon in Gemini
Need for spontaneity & change, thinking about/sharing feelings with others, talkative, ability to keep a cool head

Moon in 11th House
Willingness to work in groups, wide circle of friends, popular, naturally respond to others’ feelings, broad interests

Mercury - thinking, communication, intellect, learning

Mercury in Libra
Balance between theory & practice, way of thinking reflected in writing, need to develop ideas

Mercury in 3rd House
Humorous, skillful self-expression, deep thinker, adaptable, versatile, different talents

Venus - love, harmony, pleasure

Venus in Leo
Romantic, express affection with creative works instead of actions

Venus in 12th House
Secrecy & solitude, need to spend time alone, socially withdrawn, very emotional, compassion for oppressed people

Mars - activity, energy, courage, assertiveness

Mars in Libra
Not very sociable, difficult to make a move without others’ permission, need to be more assertive/independent

Mars in 3rd House
Active intellect, quick-witted, tend to make hasty decisions, critical of others, competitive

Jupiter - happiness, optimism, expansion

Jupiter in Virgo
Perfectionist, analytical, need to reduce scope of projects to make them identifiable, sucess in business, work in education or public administration

Jupiter in 3rd House
Optimistic, philosophical, spiritual, abilities in education/philosophy/publishing/communication, good relationships with family

Saturn - Restriction, order, maturity, time

Saturn in Taurus
Good sense of material values, tend to underestimate intangible things, money worries

Saturn in 10th House
Ambitious, desire for recognition, great range of knowledge, organizational abilities, desire for power & authority

Uranus - Originality, freedom, revolution

Uranus in Pisces
Manifests in 2 ways: visionary or idealist, try to run away from life’s harsh realities/speed up development, hide in fantasy world, good researcher, intuition

Uranus in 7th House
Instability & changes in partnerships, need to consciously maintain long-term relationships

Neptune - Fantasy, illusion, spirituality, imagination

Neptune in Leo
Listen to heart & feelings, aware of uniqueness, may think they are better than others

Neptune in 1st House
Affected by unobservable influences, intuitive, rely on spiritual qualities/abilities, missing specific goals/opportunities, seek life guidance from others

Pluto - Transformation, regeneration, power

Pluto in Aries
Leadership skills, talent for martial arts/combat, love independence & reform, initiative, long for power, vindictive, courageous, act without thinking

Pluto in 9th House
Higher thought, need to understand natural forces/humanity, well-developed mental abilities, interest in restoring legal/moral/educational/philosophical institutions, strong sense of justice

Once he’d finished writing down his interpretations, Heath got up to read his findings to Professor Sandhu when he noticed a younger girl in need of a partner (Isla). The thought crossed his mind to go back to what he was doing, but then again, he knew what it was like to be stuck without a partner. Changing course, he walked up to her desk. “Erm… I’ll be your partner,” he said shyly. “Can I see your chart?” He was ready to get to work, but then he remembered he hadn’t yet introduced himself. “I’m Heath, by the way.”

As soon as he had permission, he tilted his head to get a better look at her chart. “So the sun’s in Aquarius. The sun represents your personality, and Aquarius means…” He had to think on this part. “... peace of mind, originality, tolerance, and a gentle soul.” He was going to gloss over the more complex or unfavorable associations for now, so as not to overwhelm or insult his partner. “And the sun’s in the 1st house. The 1st house has to do with your self and identity, so that means… you’re optimistic, outgoing, and determined.” Which would probably explain why she was in Slytherin. “Does any of that make sense?”

He needed to make sure he hadn’t lost her before he went on or let her try to interpret something from his chart!

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
Old 02-24-2020, 10:16 PM   #53 (permalink)

DERP & DMLE
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aslan Archer
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rose Woods
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Amrita Sandhu
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Laleh Kiani
x9 x6
½ of Lauralie | Koala | The being in Ern's pocket | Baby Smurf | Prouf member of The Flock

Going around to check on the readings of people who seemed to be working alone, Simran didn't seem to notice anything out of the ordinary for a lesson, and aside from the outburst earlier that day, didn't see any reason for alarm. With a quick glance at her watch, she noticed that it was time to end the lesson so they could be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for their morning lessons the next day.

"And that's it for us today," she said, and as if on cue, the blackboard began erasing itself. "You're dismissed. Try and get some sleep, it looks like you all need it."

She, for one, would be having a Discussion with Professor Schmoe at his earliest convenience.

OOC: Thank you all for coming to our final Astronomy lesson of term! I'll leave the thread open for another 12 hours for those of you who want to wrap up/post leaving.
Old 02-25-2020, 03:06 AM   #54 (permalink)

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
First Year

x1
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

Text Cut: Heath!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post
Once he’d finished writing down his interpretations, Heath got up to read his findings to Professor Sandhu when he noticed a younger girl in need of a partner (Isla). The thought crossed his mind to go back to what he was doing, but then again, he knew what it was like to be stuck without a partner. Changing course, he walked up to her desk. “Erm… I’ll be your partner,” he said shyly. “Can I see your chart?” He was ready to get to work, but then he remembered he hadn’t yet introduced himself. “I’m Heath, by the way.”

As soon as he had permission, he tilted his head to get a better look at her chart. “So the sun’s in Aquarius. The sun represents your personality, and Aquarius means…” He had to think on this part. “... peace of mind, originality, tolerance, and a gentle soul.” He was going to gloss over the more complex or unfavorable associations for now, so as not to overwhelm or insult his partner. “And the sun’s in the 1st house. The 1st house has to do with your self and identity, so that means… you’re optimistic, outgoing, and determined.” Which would probably explain why she was in Slytherin. “Does any of that make sense?”

He needed to make sure he hadn’t lost her before he went on or let her try to interpret something from his chart!

Isla hadn't expected anybody to actually take her up on her offer, but she was super excited when Heath did. He wasn't too much older than her, but he seemed to know what he was doing, and that was really all that mattered. "Thanks," she said. "I'm Isla." That was all for the small talk. He'd taken her parchment and had set to work on it.

"...you know, it kind of does," she said, realizing what he was getting at. "Let me write some of this down..." She paused her about a minute while she scribbled down what he was telling her. When she looked up again, she realized it was her turn to...do whatever this was they were doing. "Okay, so let me see if I can do the same for your chart." She tilted her head toward his parchment and got a better look. "Okay, umm...it looks like you've already done everything." What exactly was she supposed to do once somebody had done all the work themselves?

Anyway... "I think you'd be really good in banking," she said, pointing out all that financial talk in the section about the sun being in Virgo. "Oh, and look at that whole part about willingness to work in groups!" He had more or less taken her under his wings when she had been very vocal about not knowing what she was doing. She pointed out what his notes said about Mars in the 3rd House. "There's what makes you a Ravenclaw." Or...part of it.

Text Cut: Chart and Notes

NOTES FROM PARTNER WORK:
Sun in Aquarius: My personality is peace of mind, originality, tolerance, and gentle soul.
Sun in First House: I am optimistic, outgoing, and determined.

PERSONAL NOTES:
Sun in Aquarius: peace of mind, concentration, persistence
Sun in First House: determination and leadership skills

Moon in Leo: desire for money and social status
Moon in Seventh House: I don't like being by myself

Mercury in Capricorn: thorough and precise; not carefree
Mercury in Twelfth House: emotional-based decisions

Venus in Pisces: appreciation of the universe as a whole
Venus in First House: social person with positive attitude towards life

Mars in Leo: fearless and independent nature
Mars in Seventh House: proceeds through relationships without thinking things through

Jupiter in Scorpio: will be limited by irresistible things
Jupiter in Ninth House: gives importance to philosophy, religion, and higher education

Saturn in Taurus: good sense of material values
Saturn in Third House: very careful in financial and legal matters

Uranus in Pisces: likes to hide in a fantasy world
Uranus in First House: individuality and a desire for freedom

Neptune in Leo: listens to heart and feelings
Neptune in Seventh House: creates too much idealism and a lack of reality

Pluto in Aries: leadership skills and independence
Pluto in Second House: pursues material goods and knows how to make money

Once she had finished her mile-long list of notes she'd taken, she looked up at her partner. "Some of this contradicts itself. On one hand, it says I seek independence, but on the other hand, apparently I'm going to dive head first into marriage," she said. She laughed then added, "At least I'll be really good with money, though!"