sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1074 users online including...

1 members
1073 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Ministry Archive > Charles Hollingberry Era

Charles Hollingberry Era All historical records pertaining to Ministry of Magic RPG under Minister for Magic, Charles Hollingberry [IC March 2097 - present; OOC November 2018 - present]

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 11-12-2018, 05:34 AM

Default Fountain for the Greater Good

*click for live version*

Halfway into the Atrium, walls adorned with heavy ruffling tapestries that animate between the Sign of the Deathly Hallows and Gellert Grindelwald himself, gleaming in all its golden cold marble glory is the Fountain of Magical Brethren for the Greater Good. The large fountain depicts golden figures of a wizard, witch, centaur, goblin, and a house-elf with jets of water spouting out into the fountain below. The focal point of the fountain are the witch and wizard, the other beings looking up at the pair with adoration. The towering fountain, symbolizing the everlasting sovereignty of wizardingkind, depicts a colossal levitating hand above a rippling pool of water wielding a wand spouting Gubraithian Fire that nearly licks the ceiling and engraved on the base the Sign of the Deathly Hallows above the infamous words of Gellert Grindelwald: For the Greater Good. Gaze at the lovely fountain as you make your way to the other various locations within the Ministry.

Peacock blue ceiling with golden symbols moving over it, and polished dark wood floors, the Atrium serves to welcome all visitors to the British Ministry of Magic and is the place all Ministry workers must pass through to get to their respectable departments. If you look closely at the windows overlooking the atrium, you may catch a glimpse of Ministry employees, namely security, observing all those who pass through the atrium.

Not far from the Fountain of Magical Brethren for the Greater Good is a small stand that serves coffee and a danishes to workers too busy to stop and have a proper meal of approved blood status. The large room is incessantly full of busy employees, but only a few ever care to stop and chat you up; our wonderful Welcome Wizard who is there to assist the public, and the security workers watching out for the leery. You should hope to only ever be stopped by the former, else you may find yourself taking an unexpected trip to the security office. Every hour on the hour the voice of Minister for Magic, Charles Hollingberry, echoes through the Atrium reciting the mantra "We only want freedom. The freedom to be ourselves. For the greater good" in a firm but nurturing tone.
Old 03-03-2021, 05:32 AM   #101 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlooo View Post
Natalie had been one of those in line behind the security officer and had seen the whole thing happen. It wasn't fair, truly, and it briefly made her worry about being able to get her own cup of coffee - which was probably irrational considered she had successfully gotten coffee there the day before. Regardless, it was stupid and she felt bad for the guy.

A minute or so after the guy had gone to stand in front of the fountain, the click-clack of Natalie's work shoes echoed as she got closer to him. She had two cups in her hand. She stood next to the man and looked at the fountain, her right hand extending a little to offer him one of the coffee cups. She wasn't looking at him just yet, knowing that prying eyes might be watching the interaction. "I can't guarantee I heard your order right, but... it'll be better than no coffee."
After his shift, he would go to Goldwasser's office. Already the label of 'muggleborn' made him uncomfortable. Not because there was anything wrong with being muggleborn, but rather, Tomasz was still unsure of how the Ministry had found this information. He had never filled out any paperwork or reported his bloodstatus anywhere. Even Tomasz did not know this about himself. There had to have been a mistake.

But that was simply discomfort. The real anger came from another place. The discriminatory coffee policy. It was stupid. He did not understand. It wasn't this way before, Tomasz had gotten coffee here before. And maybe Mr. Goldwasser was not so much the right person to go to with complaints, but Tomasz did not feel so comfortable approaching the Minister for Magic. He was still just a security officer, after all.... And once again, he was working himself up.

So when a woman approached him with two cups of coffee in her hands, Tomasz was very close to lashing out. Fortunately, however, he did not do so before she spoke.

He stared at her incredulously, quirking his head to the side, before taking the cup from her. "Yyy... Thank you," he paused, feeling embarrassed now. This meant she had heard him, no? "You did not have to." With his free hand, he reached for his wallet.

You are Lemon!
Old 03-12-2021, 06:15 PM   #102 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1
Sardines ♥ BHB ♥ Dallie ♥ Grumpy ♥ MY SUN AND STARS ♥ i love julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
After his shift, he would go to Goldwasser's office. Already the label of 'muggleborn' made him uncomfortable. Not because there was anything wrong with being muggleborn, but rather, Tomasz was still unsure of how the Ministry had found this information. He had never filled out any paperwork or reported his bloodstatus anywhere. Even Tomasz did not know this about himself. There had to have been a mistake.

But that was simply discomfort. The real anger came from another place. The discriminatory coffee policy. It was stupid. He did not understand. It wasn't this way before, Tomasz had gotten coffee here before. And maybe Mr. Goldwasser was not so much the right person to go to with complaints, but Tomasz did not feel so comfortable approaching the Minister for Magic. He was still just a security officer, after all.... And once again, he was working himself up.

So when a woman approached him with two cups of coffee in her hands, Tomasz was very close to lashing out. Fortunately, however, he did not do so before she spoke.

He stared at her incredulously, quirking his head to the side, before taking the cup from her. "Yyy... Thank you," he paused, feeling embarrassed now. This meant she had heard him, no? "You did not have to." With his free hand, he reached for his wallet.
To be honest, she had expected a liiiiiittle more gratitude, at least in his expression. He did say thank you, though, so... whatever. She released her hold on the cup as he took it and cleared her throat before taking a sip of her coffee. "It's quite alright. I just figured, if you're anything like me, you'll need a cuppa to keep you sane. And we wouldn't want our law enforcement personnel to go crazy, would we?" She was too busy worrying about a first impression to realize he was reaching for his wallet.

"Err - not that you're.. crazy. I just mean - in general." She hadn't called him crazy, but he had just had a fit over a cup of coffee (which, by the way, she thought was justified), so he didn't want him to THINK that she was calling him crazy.

Smooth.

JanuaryNatalieEvangelinePiersonLouise
Old 03-16-2021, 03:33 AM   #103 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlooo View Post
To be honest, she had expected a liiiiiittle more gratitude, at least in his expression. He did say thank you, though, so... whatever. She released her hold on the cup as he took it and cleared her throat before taking a sip of her coffee. "It's quite alright. I just figured, if you're anything like me, you'll need a cuppa to keep you sane. And we wouldn't want our law enforcement personnel to go crazy, would we?" She was too busy worrying about a first impression to realize he was reaching for his wallet.

"Err - not that you're.. crazy. I just mean - in general." She hadn't called him crazy, but he had just had a fit over a cup of coffee (which, by the way, she thought was justified), so he didn't want him to THINK that she was calling him crazy.

Smooth.
Tomasz was thankful, but far too surprised to show it. This whole day had started off in an unlikely way. He laughed in a distracted sort of way as he moved to hold the cup in the crook of his elbow also known as the antecubital fossa, but if one were to include that in a post, people may think they're weird so that he could freely search through his wallet. In truth, he was not really listening to her, but not because he was trying to be rude. He was just distracted.

So when he looked up and caught the tail end of her words, he found himself... confused. "Yyy... Yes," he agreed hesitantly, with an equally hesitant laugh. Tomasz was used to guesswork when it came to conversations. This did not mean he was any good at it, but usually a quiet laugh was convincing enough. Now with the coins in hand, he slipped his wallet back into his pocket and moved his cup back into his hand skillfully. "I do not have exact change, I hope that is okay?" He held out his hand with more than enough money to cover the cost of his coffee.

You are Lemon!
Old 05-06-2021, 04:17 PM   #104 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

It had been a long morning and Alana just needed to take a breather, so she took a walk and found herself near the fountain. Summer had come and gone already and she was starting to feel a little more confident again, though just a little. She looked around the area and just watched the people going in and out and consumed by their day. She couldn't help but wonder if they were thinking about work or family.

She turned and faced the fountain thinking about both of those things as she stood watching. Her mum was seeming more calm now that the minister wasn't in St. Mungos and was seeming more and more like himself these days and her brother's were off being parents. Her sister was even typically always busy as well with her own job and social life. Alana felt a bit like she always did, the lone sheep out in the corner of the field. No one at work ever made her feel weird anymore, but she still couldn't help if they thought it or felt she didn't get the job for ability rather than who she knew.

She didn't want to leave the position and loved the ministry, but she felt like she was at a cross road and wasn't sure what to do about it.
Old 05-06-2021, 09:57 PM   #105 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

It had taken some getting used to the new changes the cult had made to the ministry...a rather jarring return from his own spiral. He didn't suspect the ministry would remain like this--couldn't imagine after everything everyone had to go through. Even now walking through the ministry was a little weird. No one he knew had died in the fight, those he cared more for weren't even injured. In some ways, he was detached from the whole thing, but could see how this sort of thing might be upsetting to others.

It made it just a little harder for him to find his groove back in the ministry. Having not been personally touched by loss, he didn't walk around looking nearly as sullen as some people did. He didn't spend a lot of time staring out into space reliving a dramatic last few months.

Kodee had his own demons and couldn't have more on his plate and that made it hard to relate to half these people.

Spotting a familiar face on his way across the Atrium, Kodee made his way over to the fountain. "Hey Lana Banana Rana." He looked to the fountain, too. "Psyching yourself up to head to Level 1?"

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

Old 05-07-2021, 03:28 PM   #106 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
It had taken some getting used to the new changes the cult had made to the ministry...a rather jarring return from his own spiral. He didn't suspect the ministry would remain like this--couldn't imagine after everything everyone had to go through. Even now walking through the ministry was a little weird. No one he knew had died in the fight, those he cared more for weren't even injured. In some ways, he was detached from the whole thing, but could see how this sort of thing might be upsetting to others.

It made it just a little harder for him to find his groove back in the ministry. Having not been personally touched by loss, he didn't walk around looking nearly as sullen as some people did. He didn't spend a lot of time staring out into space reliving a dramatic last few months.

Kodee had his own demons and couldn't have more on his plate and that made it hard to relate to half these people.

Spotting a familiar face on his way across the Atrium, Kodee made his way over to the fountain. "Hey Lana Banana Rana." He looked to the fountain, too. "Psyching yourself up to head to Level 1?"
She had smiled at the nickname and knew exactly who it was that had come up beside her but her eyes didn't leave the fountain. "How does anyone psych themselves up here looking at that?" She knew Charles was injured and not around, but she thought maybe Fletcher would have made people remove everything that was from that group.

"What about you? Need to psych yourself up for something?" finally taking her eyes away from the fountain she turned towards Kodee. "Ever wonder if what they said was true in some ways? I mean of course most of it wasn't and shouldn't be allowed, but some of it, what if it is true..." Knowing she shouldn't think like that it was hard not to when all her life she felt like she was an outcast that shouldn't be.

"Can I ask you something and promise you will be honest?" Words that were told to her still ringing in her ear, she didn't know if she would be told the truth or not, but Kodee and Kaiser had always been nice to her and always seemed excepting of her so maybe they would tell her the truth.
Old 05-18-2021, 02:33 PM   #107 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
She had smiled at the nickname and knew exactly who it was that had come up beside her but her eyes didn't leave the fountain. "How does anyone psych themselves up here looking at that?" She knew Charles was injured and not around, but she thought maybe Fletcher would have made people remove everything that was from that group.

"What about you? Need to psych yourself up for something?" finally taking her eyes away from the fountain she turned towards Kodee. "Ever wonder if what they said was true in some ways? I mean of course most of it wasn't and shouldn't be allowed, but some of it, what if it is true..." Knowing she shouldn't think like that it was hard not to when all her life she felt like she was an outcast that shouldn't be.

"Can I ask you something and promise you will be honest?" Words that were told to her still ringing in her ear, she didn't know if she would be told the truth or not, but Kodee and Kaiser had always been nice to her and always seemed excepting of her so maybe they would tell her the truth.
”I always need some kind of psyching up when it comes to this place.” An honest answer. Anyone who knew Kodee Chosen from his Hogwarts days would know how terribly unsuited for his job he was. Office work was not typically enough stimulation to keep him out of unnecessary trouble and knowing he had reports to write when he got to his desk....? Yeeeaaahhh he needed all the psyching he could get.

Leaning against the fountain, Kodee fixed his attention on his co-worker. Was the cult right? He shrugged. “I dunno. I don’t think they were. Even if they didn’t like muggles, you can’t go trying to enslave a whole group of people, can’t go preaching nonsense doctrine about a better group of people either. Nothing good ever comes of that, if I remember anything from History of Magic class.”

Wars were taxing and hurt lots of people. Unnecessary more often than not, too.

At her second question, he found himself shrugging again. “I’ll be as honest as you need me to be.” It was a trait he’d lost in the last few months, one he was working hard to get back to with everything he could. Starting somewhere was better than starting nowhere, so Lana could have as much of it as she needed.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.