sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1117 users online including...
turiskArtib , Stevendalo , ramsspeelay , Svetlxxo

6 members
1111 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Diagon Alley Archive

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 09-23-2018, 06:00 PM

Default Atticus' Attic Music Shop

Upon opening the door to Atticus' Attic, you will be met with the sound of Wizarding bands both new and old being piped through the whole store. Step inside and you'll find yourself among a sea of Music Tables boasting thousands of albums from artists both Magic and Muggle on any medium you aspire to find. Vinyl records, cassette tapes, compact discs, and 8-track tapes, along with the appropriate devices to play all of these things, paired with large over-ear headphones, can be found at each table. And though many of the tables are dedicated to well-known Muggle recording formats, a fair amount of them are also dedicated to "item albums" as well. Small boxes bearing a band and album name litter these tables, and inside are items the size of a knut, varying in colour and shape dependent on the box's label. A single tap with a wand will cause the album to begin to play aloud or the album can also be stuck behind the ear to be played privately, so as to not disturb others.

At the back of the shop, you might notice the door tucked off to the right side with a shiny plaque marking the room beyond as "The Recording Booth". Inside you'll find a very large, enchanted soundboard and a plethora of various sound equipment. A sign on the wall asks that you please not touch the soundboard, as it is a very delicate piece of technology. The wide room is complete with several microphone stands scattered throughout and many enchanted instruments, waiting to be played by hand or charmed to life. You'll find that any artist entering the room will have their music or vocals magically isolated by careful charms laid out by the shopkeeper. Time in this booth can be booked in advance and walk-ins are also accepted on basis of availability.

Set along the back wall of the shop is an area devoted specifically to displaying the various band merchandise offered up for sale. The wall is lined completely with T-shirts, stacks of which can be found in cube shelving beneath, along with an assortment of band-related hoodies. A few tables bear a hodge-podge of items to be browsed: band logo jewelry, keychains, posters, and sturdy white cardboard boxes filled with music-related magazines, each labeled on the front with the magazine's name, are just a few of the treasures you’ll find here. Whatever your musical needs, Atticus's Attic is sure have what you're searching for.

Text Cut: Inventory

Text Cut: SS Canon Wizard Bands and Musicians

Active Bands/Musicians

Agromantula
Disorder of the Phoenix
Glitter Dragon
Melanie Sung
The Dead Kneazles
Wiggenweld

Retired Bands/Musicians

The Chimaeras
The Winged Horsemen

Know of any bands/musicians who've got albums out that's not on this list? We'd love to add them! Just make a Wiki for them, then PM the shopkeeper so they can edit the list.

This shop is NOT STAFFED.
Old 12-18-2020, 12:10 AM   #76 (permalink)
Formerly: itsgisselx3
Slytherin
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amari Rey
Fifth Year
Bashful Bowtruckle ♥ ♥ Lassie's Sweet Pea

Quote:
Originally Posted by love-for-HP View Post
Some one really important? That made Blake want to puff up like a peacock. Ruffle his feathers a little bit. "I mean, I like to think I'm important." Blake added with a slight giggle. "But, I don't know if anyone else would think so." Well maybe his parents ... but they don't count.

"Nice to meet you as well Amari." Blake wish he could have said that he knew her, since they were in the same year and house, but to be honest he didn't know much or anyone other than Bernadette and Claudine. "I'll be honest, I'm not that big into music, I just came in here to ditch my dad." Which was super true, he could take or leave music really, but he needed to get away from his dad. "What about you though? Any favorites?"
Amari snorted, just a little, but immediately face-palmed after from embarassment. "Sorry, sorry. I swear I don't always snort." That was a lie but she liked to think it was true. "But yes, I like to think I'm pretty important too." Even if other people didn't actually know how important she was. She did a little hair flip just to prove her point. "From now on, I'll always remember that Blake the 5th year Slytherin from the record shop is just as important as I am." Amari gave him a big smile to reassure him that she wasn't joking or being sarcastic.

Turning away slightly to look at a different section, she couldn't help but raise her eyebrows in shock. "Not into music???" Most people she knew would at least say they loved music. She turned back to him and considered his question. "I mean, I'm not a music guru or something, but I listen to music a lot. Which is why I don't have a favorite." Did that make sense? Probably not. "I mean I just like the sound of music, or I like singing music. And dancing to music." She couldn't even imagine going a day without music in her life. She'd at least hum a tune when she went on a walk or something. But no, no group she could say was her number one favorite ever.

"Wait, you're hiding from your dad?" It had taken her a minute, but she finally registered what Blake had said.
Old 12-20-2020, 12:58 PM   #77 (permalink)
Slytherin

MO & DoM
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maxine R. Bixby
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alba Johnston
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Dottie Crest
Mysteries
#heartsforhealthcare | Disney princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gissel View Post
Amari snorted, just a little, but immediately face-palmed after from embarassment. "Sorry, sorry. I swear I don't always snort." That was a lie but she liked to think it was true. "But yes, I like to think I'm pretty important too." Even if other people didn't actually know how important she was. She did a little hair flip just to prove her point. "From now on, I'll always remember that Blake the 5th year Slytherin from the record shop is just as important as I am." Amari gave him a big smile to reassure him that she wasn't joking or being sarcastic.

Turning away slightly to look at a different section, she couldn't help but raise her eyebrows in shock. "Not into music???" Most people she knew would at least say they loved music. She turned back to him and considered his question. "I mean, I'm not a music guru or something, but I listen to music a lot. Which is why I don't have a favorite." Did that make sense? Probably not. "I mean I just like the sound of music, or I like singing music. And dancing to music." She couldn't even imagine going a day without music in her life. She'd at least hum a tune when she went on a walk or something. But no, no group she could say was her number one favorite ever.

"Wait, you're hiding from your dad?" It had taken her a minute, but she finally registered what Blake had said.
Well at least she had a similar personality as him. "Yes, two very important people." Blake added with a smile looking back at the records in front of him. He picked different one up looked at the back with the list of songs. Had he even heard of this band before? Doubtful...

"Yeah, I mean, I just don't listen to it on my own, but if other people have music on it's not a big deal." Did that make sense to her? "I get it." He added in her response of her response of the favorite type of music. He was similar as well, didn't really have a favorite or a least favorite, he just listened to whatever anyone else had on at the time.

"Oh you caught that..." Yes it was true, he was hiding from his dad. "Yeah, he's been going on and on all summer about this Prefect thing." Blake sighed, "Or rather lack there of." Blake didn't really care one way or the other to be honest, he did the best he could with his grades and keeping out of trouble and that was as good as it was going to get.

You are Honey!
Old 12-21-2020, 02:37 AM   #78 (permalink)
Formerly: itsgisselx3
Slytherin
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amari Rey
Fifth Year
Bashful Bowtruckle ♥ ♥ Lassie's Sweet Pea

Quote:
Originally Posted by love-for-HP View Post
Well at least she had a similar personality as him. "Yes, two very important people." Blake added with a smile looking back at the records in front of him. He picked different one up looked at the back with the list of songs. Had he even heard of this band before? Doubtful...

"Yeah, I mean, I just don't listen to it on my own, but if other people have music on it's not a big deal." Did that make sense to her? "I get it." He added in her response of her response of the favorite type of music. He was similar as well, didn't really have a favorite or a least favorite, he just listened to whatever anyone else had on at the time.

"Oh you caught that..." Yes it was true, he was hiding from his dad. "Yeah, he's been going on and on all summer about this Prefect thing." Blake sighed, "Or rather lack there of." Blake didn't really care one way or the other to be honest, he did the best he could with his grades and keeping out of trouble and that was as good as it was going to get.
Ah great, Blake seemed to understand her humor and that made Amari even more comfortable around him. If nothing else, she knew they were both super important. She moved down a new aisle and let her hand graze the tops of various albums.

"Oooh, interesting! So, like, what do you consider your hobby?" Music wasn't exactly her hobby, but she knew there were people who considered listening to music and discovering new music their thing. "Mine is actually not music related, but I do listen to it while I do it. I'm an artist." Okay, maybe not officially but what did it hurt to call herself one anyway? Wasn't an artist just someone who did art? Not like she needed to make money off of it.

Amari nodded thoughtfully. She was thankful her dad had never put too much pressure on her, but she knew he'd placed a lot of pressure on her eldest sister to do something great with her life. Apparently two more kids had calmed him down quite a bit. "But wouldn't being prefect just distract you from school or something? This way you can keep getting good grades!" She assumed he did anyway, since his dad sounded kind of strict. "And surely OWLs are far more important?" Not that she wanted to start thinking about that so early in the year but her understanding was that those meant more than being a prefect of all things.
Old 12-28-2020, 11:08 PM   #79 (permalink)
Slytherin

MO & DoM
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maxine R. Bixby
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alba Johnston
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Dottie Crest
Mysteries
#heartsforhealthcare | Disney princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gissel View Post
Ah great, Blake seemed to understand her humor and that made Amari even more comfortable around him. If nothing else, she knew they were both super important. She moved down a new aisle and let her hand graze the tops of various albums.

"Oooh, interesting! So, like, what do you consider your hobby?" Music wasn't exactly her hobby, but she knew there were people who considered listening to music and discovering new music their thing. "Mine is actually not music related, but I do listen to it while I do it. I'm an artist." Okay, maybe not officially but what did it hurt to call herself one anyway? Wasn't an artist just someone who did art? Not like she needed to make money off of it.

Amari nodded thoughtfully. She was thankful her dad had never put too much pressure on her, but she knew he'd placed a lot of pressure on her eldest sister to do something great with her life. Apparently two more kids had calmed him down quite a bit. "But wouldn't being prefect just distract you from school or something? This way you can keep getting good grades!" She assumed he did anyway, since his dad sounded kind of strict. "And surely OWLs are far more important?" Not that she wanted to start thinking about that so early in the year but her understanding was that those meant more than being a prefect of all things.
Hobbies ... hobbies... what were Blake's hobbies? "Well I like reading." Blake added thinking of the latest novel he picked up. "Novels mostly." He added, he had no interest in history that's for sure.

Oh so she was an artist! Well that's cool, Bernadette was an artist to, or at least wanted to be. "What kind of art do you make? Paint? Draw? sculpt?" Was that too many questions in one? Whoops, sometimes he babbled ... okay he often babbled, like a lot, but he couldn't help it.

"Well, you'd think studying for OWLs would be important to, but according to my dad being a prefect matters more." Blake added looking around to see what else he could possibly be interested in listening to.

You are Honey!
Old 02-27-2021, 11:41 PM   #80 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Default Ro Toro~
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

It had to be here. Avery had searched every music shop on this side of London and was growing impatient with the whole thing. While she understood it was a rarer title, she didn't understand the run around she'd been put through.

The young woman moved through the shop, browsing title after title. She had the sinking feeling this would not be the last stop on her tour.

It was typical, really. Her one day off in weeks and she had to spend it on what was obviously a wild goose chase. Truthfully, she didn't need to get a copy for herself. She could always borrow it from another of the dancers but with the show coming up so soon, no one had the time to be nice.

It was every (wo)man for themselves and she needed to get in the work if she had any hope of future consideration.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

Old 03-04-2021, 05:41 PM   #81 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
It had to be here. Avery had searched every music shop on this side of London and was growing impatient with the whole thing. While she understood it was a rarer title, she didn't understand the run around she'd been put through.

The young woman moved through the shop, browsing title after title. She had the sinking feeling this would not be the last stop on her tour.

It was typical, really. Her one day off in weeks and she had to spend it on what was obviously a wild goose chase. Truthfully, she didn't need to get a copy for herself. She could always borrow it from another of the dancers but with the show coming up so soon, no one had the time to be nice.

It was every (wo)man for themselves and she needed to get in the work if she had any hope of future consideration.
David still enjoyed wandering London on occasion, even though he was less lonely than he had been in the past, and thus had less free time to devote to long walks of solitude and Deep Thoughts. He also didn't always go into and out of every shop; this much was still true, unless he had a purpose or a greater cause to his wanderings....

Or unless someone or something caught his eye. Today's case was the latter. From the window, he saw the young woman touching almost everything in this store and then grew curious as to why she was doing this, and what was she looking for, and so he wandered in and started looking at the various records himself, as though he really had a vested interest in music. It was too much, this shop. Too many tables, too many piles of records; it lacked organization and direction, and what's more, the music blaring over the loudspeakers was just that: L O U D.

He didn't even need nor want any of these records, but he supposed the people who were purchasing them were fascinating sometimes. And music was alright, he also supposed, though it was inferior to the visual arts; and then, really, both music and art were inferior to the written word, or language arts, if one were keeping track of the unnecessary hierarchies he often made in his mind. For fun.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind
Old 03-05-2021, 11:32 PM   #82 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Default On the iPad so no quoting but WhAt A nErD
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Oh no, there was someone else!

While Avery was the sort to love company, this had to be the absolute worst time. This man wasn’t from her dance troupe—he probably wasn’t a dancer at all if she allowed herself even a moment of clear thought, but...in a time of crisis...what was rationality and who tried inviting it to the party?

“PLEASE tell me you aren’t here for Addleman’s extended version, magically modified, critically acclaimed B Symphony.” PLEASE. “And...and if you are, I’ll pay you for it. Name your price.” She could probably get her uncle to pay for it...after some amount of dramatic begging and insistence that her life would otherwise end.

Somewhere, in the very back of her mind, her voice of reason tried...y’know...reasoning that if she couldn’t find it, he probably couldn’t and wouldn’t either but, again, she had no time for that nonsense.

Also.

The hands that had gripped the man firmly in her overzealous plea from earlier finally loosened as she took a proper look at him. “You look like you’ve got your own symphony going on in those deep blues.” She could stare at them for a whole ‘nother minute.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

Old 03-07-2021, 12:46 AM   #83 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default I see ur iPad post & I raise you one (1) phone post hehehe
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

David did not know what to make of this strange woman grabbing his shoulders but he would be lying if he said he were truly bothered by her touch. He was rather embarrassed by her compliment about his eyes, sure, and it showed in the faint bit of pink that touched his cheeks. And showed in the awkward stammer that came when he tore his gaze away from hers to glance at the mess of records here.

"I'm-- I'm afraid I have no idea who Addleman is, but I'm sure if his record were here, I would just let you have it," he replied with some hesitantation. It just wasn't every day that the person he was watching happened to catch his staring, you see. And perhaps for that reason, he tacked on, "Do you want me to help you find it? I think I've got a spell for that."

The spell was the result of some experimental magic he'd come up with in his uni days when a bully had knocked his stack of papers out of his hands. And then proceeded to rough up his potions station. And kick half his papers and notes down the corridor. Yes, so, he had a spell to organize and alphabetize things, so what. Was he trying to impress this stranger? So what. Maybe. Maybe he liked compliments of his eyes.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind
Old 03-07-2021, 02:11 AM   #84 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

Avery moved quickly from admiring the eyes to admiring the man who owned the eyes. Definitely not a dancer, not anyone big on the music scene, not anyone who understood the true value of relinquishing such a record. Somehow, that didn't diminish the offer in her eyes. Maybe it was the euphoria of knowing she wouldn't have to break down in tears after watching the only thing she'd wanted for the last two weeks go home with a stranger.

Maybe it was the offer of help.

"Could you really?! I've already checked the ones over here." Avery slipped her hands into his, tugging him right across the shop to where she'd just been searching in earnest for a record that refuse to appear.

"So you don't have to cast here. Over there is...uh....how to say....fair game! Yes, that! Start over there." In moments of excitement and other equally strong emotions, sometimes the French accent grew a little stronger and the English words a little more fleeting. Most times it was fine, but the little sayings and slangs and such sometimes evaded her. Thankfully, it came back this time around because she was already moving on.

"If that doesn't work, we can check the shop across town." He DID offer his help, afterall.

Old 03-07-2021, 02:44 AM   #85 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default Tbh wish this spell were real; it's like CTRL + F on a PDF lolol

Oh Merlin, she was a touchy-feely sort. The tips of Davie's ears joined the pink parade as the girl grabbed his hands and led him here and there; the aforementioned ears were also picking up on her beautiful little vaguely French accent? Was that French?

This was going to be a memory which he did not share with the girlfriend, he could tell this already.

"Uhhh, okay," Davie drawled, confidently flicking his wand into his hand from its disillusioned wrist holster. He wasn't confident in much but he was certain of his ability to do nonverbal magic. His bright blue eyes flicked over to her for a calm moment and then back to this mess of a table. "Stand back, please?"

He cleared the little frog from his throat, his Adam's apple bobbing lightly, and then concentrated on nonverbally casting the spell, his arm sweeping across the table as the records magically rearranged themselves in alphabetical order, and then the cardboard boxes rearranged themselves as well so they were properly organized and alphabetized. There was a soft, soothing little flicking sound, like what one might hear as they thumbed through a book, as the spell worked, and a gentle golden aura took over the table as well. As the spell came to an end, he flicked his wand upward once as though he were conducting a small symphony, and the album in question, Addleman’s B Symphony, Extended, Magically Modified, popped up from its cardboard box home as though it were a perfectly browned piece of toast. Ding, it seemed to say, resting on the top of the box it was in. HERE I AM.

He didn't need to mess with any of the merchandise, so that all stayed where it was. Only the albums moved. And once this light organization effort was complete, David's wand was smoothly tucked back up his sleeve and he was staring at the admittedly, very, very pretty woman once more.

"Is that what you were looking for?" She'd have to go fetch it from the box herself, but she might enjoy it more if she touched it anyway, since she was so handsy.

Old 03-07-2021, 03:00 AM   #86 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

If she was being honest...she didn't actually think the spell would work. This guy with the gorgeous blue eyes was willing enough, but she had been made many promises in her time. It was often men who were overconfident in their abilities. They liked to be impressive and said things that truthfully made them sound quite impressive. How many actually came through?

The number was dismal, at best.

It was the way of the world, Avery had decided so a long time ago and took little pleasures where she could. When the record popped up like the Daisy Troupe in their rendition of "Hello Sunshine"--just after the rains came and it was time for them to sprout--the young woman...didn't know if she really believed it.

It could easily be a trick. It could be the wrong record. He didn't appear the usual brand of show off, much less muscular and more easily made to blush, but he was still a man who'd offered help with no promise of anything in return. A dangerous sort, really. They tended to have their on rewards worked out the moment they offered, not airing them so you could shoot them down.

Except. When Avery walked over to pickup the record....

"Eeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!"

She grabbed the record, rattling off in quick French as several thoughts ran through her mind and out her lips at once. She could scarcely organise a single one, hugging the record to her chest as tight as she dared. Even as she hurried back to wrap him in a hug, her words did not go back to English but there was much gratitude and praise. Honestly, who had the TIME for translation when she had THIS BABY. No more borrowing for her. She would not be the sorry little beggar who could only practice when others were done.

Old 03-07-2021, 04:05 AM   #87 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries

Well!

David was definitely not the kind of person who easily showed his emotions, at least not until he really got to know someone, but he was definitely, absolutely, smiling at the hug, maybe even patting the girl on the back, gently, of course, because he did have a girlfriend, and he would never do anything inappropriate anyway, and in conclusion. He was happy she was happy.

And... he should probably extract himself from her grasp now. Gently, again, of course, as he stepped away from her and her album. "De rien," he murmured, not entirely sure that was the correct French expression, but not entirely sure it was not either. So.

Oh, one more thing. "You should probably pay for that," David reminded her with another RARE smile, making something like a finger gun at the album. Who was he right now. Who had bewitched him.

Old 03-07-2021, 02:44 PM   #88 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

In all the excitement of the moment, Avery found herself all the more enthralled with the man who replied in her mother tongue. It did not matter she was by now sure he was not, himself French, there was something simply...satisfying about it. Like...like the cherry atop the sundae you knew better than to eat but still took a spoonful of or three.

The young woman nodded enthusiastically. "Yes, of course!" She said, trying to bring herself down from the sudden rise in adrenaline. "Yes." Simpler words while she brought herself back to proper concentration.

Avery spun on her heels, ready to head to the counter but stopped a second later, turning to face her knight in shining armour. "You have to let me treat you! I won't accept non for an answer. Don't move a...uh...limb!" She said, lifting one arm and dangling it as if to make the meaning a little clearer. She shot him another appreciative grin before once again turning and heading up to the counter.

Hopefully, he really would stand there. To make sure, she kept sparing glances back at him even while she got through the purchase.

Old 03-07-2021, 05:02 PM   #89 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries

David could have cringed at himself and his finger guns, but this lady did not know him or how awkward he was, and besides, so far he was having a rather positive exchange with her. He didn't haaaaaave to appear to be such a nerd. He could probably accept her... request to treat him, he supposed. Guess he'd be finding out soon what that meant.

He remained standing where she'd left him, the faint smile from earlier still on his lips, his eyes darting back to her fidgety form every so often. Heh. She amused him, she did.

Old 03-07-2021, 06:48 PM   #90 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
David could have cringed at himself and his finger guns, but this lady did not know him or how awkward he was, and besides, so far he was having a rather positive exchange with her. He didn't haaaaaave to appear to be such a nerd. He could probably accept her... request to treat him, he supposed. Guess he'd be finding out soon what that meant.

He remained standing where she'd left him, the faint smile from earlier still on his lips, his eyes darting back to her fidgety form every so often. Heh. She amused him, she did.
For being such a rare find, Avery could scarcely cringe when the price was given. It was expected and for a good cause--or so she would keep reminding herself. Wouldn't be long until opening night and attending rehearsals just wasn't enough anymore. Things were down to the wire now.

Precision was everything.

Once it was packaged, she shrank it and caaarefully put it into the small compartment of the purse she carried. Shy of someone suddenly running up and grabbing it as was typical in many old muggle films, she felt it was safest there.

"So! What are you feeling for? A drink? Some hot chocolate? A proper meal?" It had been a long morning, she could eat. Hopefully he could, too. There were already a few places they could visit, depending on what he was currently craving.

Old 03-08-2021, 02:19 AM   #91 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
For being such a rare find, Avery could scarcely cringe when the price was given. It was expected and for a good cause--or so she would keep reminding herself. Wouldn't be long until opening night and attending rehearsals just wasn't enough anymore. Things were down to the wire now.

Precision was everything.

Once it was packaged, she shrank it and caaarefully put it into the small compartment of the purse she carried. Shy of someone suddenly running up and grabbing it as was typical in many old muggle films, she felt it was safest there.

"So! What are you feeling for? A drink? Some hot chocolate? A proper meal?" It had been a long morning, she could eat. Hopefully he could, too. There were already a few places they could visit, depending on what he was currently craving.
David had drifted toward the door whilst waiting for his companion, nodding to her once she had tucked away her purchase. "Whatever you'd like." He paused, the hesitation settling in as he realized, perhaps, what this might look like to someone walking past the shop or whatnot.

"Um, my name is David, by the way," he introduced himself lightly, tempted to pull one of his hands out of his pockets to offer it to her as a handshake. Well, and then he did do this, because he was adept at operating on instinct. "David Truebridge. And you are?"

They could at least not be strangers moving forward.

Old 03-09-2021, 03:29 PM   #92 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
David had drifted toward the door whilst waiting for his companion, nodding to her once she had tucked away her purchase. "Whatever you'd like." He paused, the hesitation settling in as he realized, perhaps, what this might look like to someone walking past the shop or whatnot.

"Um, my name is David, by the way," he introduced himself lightly, tempted to pull one of his hands out of his pockets to offer it to her as a handshake. Well, and then he did do this, because he was adept at operating on instinct. "David Truebridge. And you are?"

They could at least not be strangers moving forward.
Ah, David. David with the stunning eyes.

Avery stuck her hand out, amused by the formal gesture of introduction and the fact she'd just shared a whole experience of euphoria with him without having even known his name. "Avery, Avery St. Croix." And another bright smile, her gratitude obviously still over-flowing.

"Do you always re-gift your presents when you get them?" She slipped an arm around his, leading him from the shop and out into the streets of Diagon Alley like it was nothing at all. He had a good vibe, albeit a little...what was the word? There was something. It wasn't dangerous, no, that wasn't the word. Not by a half. It was...

Circe, this would bother her until she could put her finger on it.

Odd? Reticent? Formal? Friendly? How many adjectives did she know? She would find out today.

"Do you really want me to choose?" She had said it was up to him.