FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Hogwarts RPG

Students: 9872
Classes: 15
Professors: 12

View Points

Members

There are 1047 users online including...
Kimothy , Eldarqlx , Austinwals , Alexrut , Stevendalo , Ronaldsnut , Natashaxeu , Andreasdpl , avtoservis_lvOT , Ver

11 members
1036 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster Wilber Winterbottom's Reign > Term 63: January - April 2023

Term 63: January - April 2023 Term Sixty-Three: The Calm (Sept 2109 - June 2110)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2022, 12:27 AM

Default The Courtyard

Image Credit: Felixir

Accessible from the castle via the Clock Tower, the courtyard is both a throughway, leading to the wooden bridge which spans the nearby ravine, and a popular area of the grounds in its own right.

Many students spend their free time here outside of classes, particularly during break or lunch. Between lessons, this area is usually crowded with students catching up with their friends, getting in a round of gobstones, or lingering under the pear tree while they wait to head to their next class. A covered cloister surrounds the paved courtyard, and stone benches are spaced throughout the covered area, as well as dotted around the courtyard itself. Much of the architecture is in the gothic style, from the arches to the gargoyle parapets.

In the middle of the courtyard is an ancient fountain flanked by stone eagle sculptures, their features somewhat worn away by the elements over the years. Feel free to make a wish and toss a coin into the fountain, but be aware that once it's gone, it's gone. Any attempts to retrieve it will be unsuccessful, as the coin will keep magically sinking out of reach. Do try to jump into the fountain; staff will take pains to rescue you, but they're unlikely to be very impressed.

An addition to the courtyard as of 2104 is a bronze plaque, hanging on a restored pillar, its cracks and missing pieces clearly visible to those who take a good look. Both the pillar and its commemorative feature have now been charmed to prevent theft. The plaque reads:

Quote:
This marks the location of the duel to the death between the Neo-Alliance leader, Lucien Rosier, and the British Minister for Magic, Charles Hollingberry, which resulted in Rosier's death. Long Live Hollingberry! May 10, 2104.
Old 01-07-2023, 01:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default Chells/Mouse <3
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

Jude’s journey out to the Courtyard hadn’t been something that had been planned. This had been decided by Ned the cat. Jude’s little furbaby padded all the way from the Hufflepuff Common Room out to the Grounds and had eventually made its way here. Its human? Said human had no objection and was following along, hands stuffed in his trouser pockets. The pair passed the fountain, passed the pear tree until Ned eventually decided on a bench. The cat took an almighty and precise jump, coming in for the landing easily in the center. Ned immediately threw himself back, exposing his fluffy tummy.

“Tummy scritches then?” Jude asked, flopping himself down on one side of the bench. Without another word, the little beast got those scritches and rubs he wanted. It was difficult for him to believe that Ned was already five human years old. His little scruffy, chewed-off ear baby. The Hufflepuff adored Ned so much, who was always a comfort to him.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 01-07-2023, 01:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

MO & DoM
Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Allie McKinley
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Mikkel Andreassen
Mysteries

x12 x6
HeadGirlMC | Treddie & Trixiver <3 | Copy Girl | Katie's Ickle Minion | I love YOU more

Aurora couldn’t for the life of her figure out why her Ma had not enjoyed her time at Hogwarts. Yes, it was a little intimidating for a tiny eleven-year-old who had attended Muggle Primary School and was used to modern buildings with their plain white walls and rows of desks and plastic chairs. Hogwarts was completely the opposite. It was ancient with stone walls and dark classrooms lit by candlelight and surrounded by magnificent grounds set in the Scottish countryside. Whereas her old school had a concrete playground and a small field where they had PE lessons, Hogwarts had a big lake and a scary looking forest.

So far had been a good experience for the petite blonde. Although outwardly bubbly and possibly a little ditsy looking, Aurora was fairly bright and enjoyed learning. However, unlike her older sister, she wasn’t a bookworm and staying cooped up in the tower with a novel wasn’t her idea of an exciting way to spend her weekend. Instead, she headed out into the courtyard for a breath of fresh air and the opportunity to meet other people.

Aurora didn’t care who, young or old, first year or seventh year, she would talk to absolutely anyone!
Old 01-07-2023, 05:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

SPOILER!!: Juuuuude
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Jude’s journey out to the Courtyard hadn’t been something that had been planned. This had been decided by Ned the cat. Jude’s little furbaby padded all the way from the Hufflepuff Common Room out to the Grounds and had eventually made its way here. Its human? Said human had no objection and was following along, hands stuffed in his trouser pockets. The pair passed the fountain, passed the pear tree until Ned eventually decided on a bench. The cat took an almighty and precise jump, coming in for the landing easily in the center. Ned immediately threw himself back, exposing his fluffy tummy.

“Tummy scritches then?” Jude asked, flopping himself down on one side of the bench. Without another word, the little beast got those scritches and rubs he wanted. It was difficult for him to believe that Ned was already five human years old. His little scruffy, chewed-off ear baby. The Hufflepuff adored Ned so much, who was always a comfort to him.

The best part of being 'the new kid' meant that there was SO much to explore around the castle. She'd been trying to make a list of the placed that sounded mildly interesting, but she was pretty sure she'd barely scratched the surface. The room that Jude had mentioned was the one that really tickled her brain, but that was really only because she missed living her best Belle life and dancing around the Grand Ballroom. She supposed she missed the piano too, though she could have just gone to the music room around for that.

But... the dancing was the primary concern, so perhaps she could just find a new place to do that anyways. Which was what brought her on this particularly fine day out into the Courtyard. Maybe an outdoor spot would be a nice change of pace, she certainly hadn't done that much back at Beauxbatons. She skipped her way out into the open air and did a few twirls, her yellow skirts spinning around her, until she got distracted by one of the so far only familiar heads of hair. With a grin, she made her way over towards Jude, singing out his name "Juuuuuude" as she jumped into place in front of him. "Hi!"

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Old 01-08-2023, 11:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

It was a nice day today, so Brandon Fox was outside. Poetry book under his arm, he'd gone outside to read when he'd gotten distracted and decided to look around instead. First, he explored the fountain: it was old, he noticed, and a little intimidating. He liked that it had birds, even worn away ones. He saw that there were some coins in it, and wondered why people hadn't tried to steal them yet. Then he moved to the plaque. It was metal-y, maybe bronze, and the pillar it was attached to had obviously once been broken. There was no reason why someone couldn't have fixed it properly- maybe it was a memorial and that's why they left it cracked? The memorial was for the war. Brandon didn't like to look at it. Even if it was a happy memorial, apparently. He moved on to the other, less upsetting pillars, tied together with arches(...gothic?). He walked around the covered area, looking around, and eventually flopped down to read his book.

After only a little while, Brandon looked up as a person approached. He always looked up, when people were approaching. Just in case. He was relieved to see it was only the girl who said he could braid her hair, and let go of a breath he didn't think he'd been holding. "Aurora! Hi!" Waving, he subtly made space for her to sit. If she wanted to, anyway.
Old 01-09-2023, 07:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

MO & DoM
Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Allie McKinley
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Mikkel Andreassen
Mysteries

x12 x6
HeadGirlMC | Treddie & Trixiver <3 | Copy Girl | Katie's Ickle Minion | I love YOU more

SPOILER!!: Brandon
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
It was a nice day today, so Brandon Fox was outside. Poetry book under his arm, he'd gone outside to read when he'd gotten distracted and decided to look around instead. First, he explored the fountain: it was old, he noticed, and a little intimidating. He liked that it had birds, even worn away ones. He saw that there were some coins in it, and wondered why people hadn't tried to steal them yet. Then he moved to the plaque. It was metal-y, maybe bronze, and the pillar it was attached to had obviously once been broken. There was no reason why someone couldn't have fixed it properly- maybe it was a memorial and that's why they left it cracked? The memorial was for the war. Brandon didn't like to look at it. Even if it was a happy memorial, apparently. He moved on to the other, less upsetting pillars, tied together with arches(...gothic?). He walked around the covered area, looking around, and eventually flopped down to read his book.

After only a little while, Brandon looked up as a person approached. He always looked up, when people were approaching. Just in case. He was relieved to see it was only the girl who said he could braid her hair, and let go of a breath he didn't think he'd been holding. "Aurora! Hi!" Waving, he subtly made space for her to sit. If she wanted to, anyway.

It was taking a lot of effort to stop herself from singing as she headed out from the clock tower and across the courtyard to the wooden bridge. Aurora was one of those unusually happy-go-lucky kids with a pep for life (although she could get upset easily) and singing to herself wasn’t rare. The problem was that Aurora wasn’t a good singer and her cheerful spirit would probably irk a few of the older students. She was only half way across the courtyard when she heard a voice call out to her and she spun on her heels towards the direction it came from.

OH A FRIEND!!

With a delighted smile on her face, Aurora waved to her fellow first year who had called her name before heading over to where he was sat. She perched on the space next to him having to jump up slightly thanks to her four foot five frame. Her legs swung underneath her nonchalantly as they couldn’t reach the floor. She hoped that one day she might actually have that growth spurt and be tall and lean like her mummas but for now she was stuck being shorter than average and unable to reach the top shelf in the kitchen at home.

“Hi Brandon!” she chirped, thankful for a friend to talk to. “Whatcha reading?” Aurora was unusually for a Ravenclaw NOT a bookworm, that was her sister’s hobby. She was much more of a physical learner who relished in getting involved rather than reading about it.
Old 01-09-2023, 09:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

Brandon held up his book so Aurora could see. "I'm reading a book of Robert Frost's poetry. My pen pal sent it to me the other day." He'd told Phoebe a million and one times that she didn't need to give him anything in exchange for the dittany, but she'd decided that she 'owed' him. While Brandon knew that was just the way Phoebe DupontCalypso was, he found it kind of sad. His gift cost nothing to him, and it was probably hard for her to let go of a book. And... he wasn't sure if she'd stolen it, bought it, or found it unattended and decided nobody else wanted it. It seemed very well loved... perhaps it was from a used bookstore? A boy could hope. It was a good book. "I was coming out here to read because the weather was nice, but I got distracted so I'm only on the second poem." And now he couldn't keep reading, because it was rude to read when hanging out with someone. Brandon didn't mind. He liked hanging out just as much as he liked reading. "What are you doing out here?"
Old 01-09-2023, 11:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

MO & DoM
Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Allie McKinley
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Mikkel Andreassen
Mysteries

x12 x6

Quote:
Brandon held up his book so Aurora could see. "I'm reading a book of Robert Frost's poetry. My pen pal sent it to me the other day." He'd told Phoebe a million and one times that she didn't need to give him anything in exchange for the dittany, but she'd decided that she 'owed' him. While Brandon knew that was just the way Phoebe DupontCalypso was, he found it kind of sad. His gift cost nothing to him, and it was probably hard for her to let go of a book. And... he wasn't sure if she'd stolen it, bought it, or found it unattended and decided nobody else wanted it. It seemed very well loved... perhaps it was from a used bookstore? A boy could hope. It was a good book. "I was coming out here to read because the weather was nice, but I got distracted so I'm only on the second poem." And now he couldn't keep reading, because it was rude to read when hanging out with someone. Brandon didn't mind. He liked hanging out just as much as he liked reading. "What are you doing out here?"

If Aurora hadn’t of practically begged the Sorting Hat to put her into Ravenclaw, there was probably a strong chance that she would’ve been gone into another house, probably Gryffindor. Where a majority of her housemates were bookworms or studious, Aurora couldn’t see the appeal in wasting her time reading when she could be out playing games with her friends or ice skating in the rink back home or riding horses or generally just being a kid with energy to burn and a thirst for life. She tried her hardest not to scrunch her nose up at the mention of poetry. They had studied a few poems in the last year of her primary education and she couldn’t have thought of anything more boring. That being said some of the nonsense poems were quite silly and gave her a little chuckle.

“I have no idea who that is but cool!” she remarked with a grin. Each to their own, Aurora would never judge. “You should be a Ravenclaw.” Was that stereotypical? Probably! Although she would’ve been extremely disappointed not to join her mums in the realm of the Claws, it wouldn’t have mattered too much if she had gone to another house. They all seemed pretty fun after all.

As for what she was doing that was a surprisingly difficult question to answer. “Just wandering about. I didn’t want to be up in the tower all day so I came for a walk. And to find friends!” Or to make friends. Or to latch onto an older student and force them persuade them to show her the ropes. “But now you’re here so I’ll stay with you! You can braid my hair if you want..” He said he wanted to practice for his big sister.
Old 01-10-2023, 02:41 AM   #9 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

Brandon did notice the suppression of the nose scrunching. But after 11 years of his family, he knew better than to comment when people were trying their best to keep their opinions to themselves. "I'm very happy in Hufflepuff. Most of us do know how to read, you know." That was sort of a joke, but sort of not. Hufflepuff was supposedly the loyalty and patience house, not the not-brilliant-not-brave-not-ambitious house. According to his Ravenclaw older sister(who he had never associated with reading), Hufflepuffs were the best. And he was pretty sure it was because her boyfriend was a Hufflepuff, but still. Evy and Xander were Hufflepuffs, and they were his favorite. Brandon hadn't questioned his house, because his house was great and it felt like where he belonged... maybe he was reading way too much into her comment. He was just very quick to defend his house, which he was starting to get attached to.

He listened to Aurora talking about how she got here. It was a lot like how he got here, only without the intention of reading. Brandon didn't like being cooped up either, not with all the beautiful grounds that were there for him to enjoy. He liked reading, studying, and exploring out here. He'd like hair braiding out here too! "Can I?" Brandon loved doing hair. He wasn't the best at it yet, but he was getting better and one thing he WAS the best at was being gentle. "I do want to, even just for a bit. Like I said the other day, I'm practicing so that I can be really good."
Old 01-10-2023, 10:06 PM   #10 (permalink)

MO & DoM
Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Allie McKinley
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Mikkel Andreassen
Mysteries

x12 x6

Quote:
Brandon did notice the suppression of the nose scrunching. But after 11 years of his family, he knew better than to comment when people were trying their best to keep their opinions to themselves. "I'm very happy in Hufflepuff. Most of us do know how to read, you know." That was sort of a joke, but sort of not. Hufflepuff was supposedly the loyalty and patience house, not the not-brilliant-not-brave-not-ambitious house. According to his Ravenclaw older sister(who he had never associated with reading), Hufflepuffs were the best. And he was pretty sure it was because her boyfriend was a Hufflepuff, but still. Evy and Xander were Hufflepuffs, and they were his favorite. Brandon hadn't questioned his house, because his house was great and it felt like where he belonged... maybe he was reading way too much into her comment. He was just very quick to defend his house, which he was starting to get attached to.

He listened to Aurora talking about how she got here. It was a lot like how he got here, only without the intention of reading. Brandon didn't like being cooped up either, not with all the beautiful grounds that were there for him to enjoy. He liked reading, studying, and exploring out here. He'd like hair braiding out here too! "Can I?" Brandon loved doing hair. He wasn't the best at it yet, but he was getting better and one thing he WAS the best at was being gentle. "I do want to, even just for a bit. Like I said the other day, I'm practicing so that I can be really good."

Oh dear.

Had she offended the young Hufflepuff? Aurora was not the type of person to intentionally offend others, she was just making a comment on the observations of her fellow housemates. “I know that, silly!” She giggled. That other houses could read, she meant. “But there’s a whooooole reading nook in our common room and it’s usually full!” The little blonde could think of much better things she could be doing rather than reading. Brandon might have enjoyed being a Claw. “But you do suit being a Hufflepuff.. not that I know much about being a Hufflepuff but I know your common room is near the kitchens and that would be the best thing ever if you wanted a snack!” She meanwhile had to walk all the way down from the seventh floor to get to the kitchens. Her Ma would probably be thrilled that trying to find something full of sugar was so difficult.

The conversation quickly moved on to the subject of braiding hair and the eleven-year-old was relieved for the change. Aurora loved having her hair done and it wasn’t like she had anything important to do. “Of course,” she beamed at her fellow first year. “I brushed it super well this morning so there shouldn’t be any tangles.” Aurora was lucky to have inherited that silky, long, blonde hair from her Mum that made it strangely easy to style. “Do you already know how to braid? I could teach you a French plait if you’d like? I can do one on my sister but my arms aren’t long enough and I can’t see the back of my head to do my own.” She was sure it would come with time.
Old 01-11-2023, 02:09 AM   #11 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Mouse! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post

The best part of being 'the new kid' meant that there was SO much to explore around the castle. She'd been trying to make a list of the placed that sounded mildly interesting, but she was pretty sure she'd barely scratched the surface. The room that Jude had mentioned was the one that really tickled her brain, but that was really only because she missed living her best Belle life and dancing around the Grand Ballroom. She supposed she missed the piano too, though she could have just gone to the music room around for that.

But... the dancing was the primary concern, so perhaps she could just find a new place to do that anyways. Which was what brought her on this particularly fine day out into the Courtyard. Maybe an outdoor spot would be a nice change of pace, she certainly hadn't done that much back at Beauxbatons. She skipped her way out into the open air and did a few twirls, her yellow skirts spinning around her, until she got distracted by one of the so far only familiar heads of hair. With a grin, she made her way over towards Jude, singing out his name "Juuuuuude" as she jumped into place in front of him. "Hi!"

You know how cats would want scritches and tummy rubs for a second and the next, they would decide that they had had enough and try to bite you? Yes, that was His Little Royal Highness Sir Ned at the moment. Jude made this behaviour into a game, prodding Ned lightly in the belly then pulling his hand away before the cat could scratch or nip him. Most of the time Jude won but there were times when fresh scratch marks raked his skin. It was no big deal; the Hufflepuff was used to them by now.

This fluffy distraction was why he completely missed the flouncing and bouncing cousin that was his boyfriend’s. Not until she sang out his name, much like Keigh did, that is. “Oh hey, Minnie Mouse!” The seventh year grinned, and as he was distracted, Ned took full advantage by nipping his hand. “Ned Anders! You behave your fluffy butt in front of Mouse!” Ned meowed in a carefree manner then settled his head on his paws and closed his eyes.

Chuckling, Jude turned his attention back to his friend. “Settling in well, then? I haven’t forgotten about introducing you to ‘Beauxbatons’ Ballroom’, by the way. Tomorrow after classes okay with you?” Oh, he couldn’t wait to see the astonishment on Mouse’s face when he introduced her to the Room of Requirement!

Old 01-11-2023, 02:42 AM   #12 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

Quote:

You know how cats would want scritches and tummy rubs for a second and the next, they would decide that they had had enough and try to bite you? Yes, that was His Little Royal Highness Sir Ned at the moment. Jude made this behaviour into a game, prodding Ned lightly in the belly then pulling his hand away before the cat could scratch or nip him. Most of the time Jude won but there were times when fresh scratch marks raked his skin. It was no big deal; the Hufflepuff was used to them by now.

This fluffy distraction was why he completely missed the flouncing and bouncing cousin that was his boyfriend’s. Not until she sang out his name, much like Keigh did, that is. “Oh hey, Minnie Mouse!” The seventh year grinned, and as he was distracted, Ned took full advantage by nipping his hand. “Ned Anders! You behave your fluffy butt in front of Mouse!” Ned meowed in a carefree manner then settled his head on his paws and closed his eyes.

Chuckling, Jude turned his attention back to his friend. “Settling in well, then? I haven’t forgotten about introducing you to ‘Beauxbatons’ Ballroom’, by the way. Tomorrow after classes okay with you?” Oh, he couldn’t wait to see the astonishment on Mouse’s face when he introduced her to the Room of Requirement!
Cats were the most temperamental of creatures and Mouse had a healthy fear of them. Did she still want to smoosh and snuggle and pet? Yes, but she wouldn't unless that cat made it abundantly clear that's what it wanted based on how finicky the animals could be. She chuckled softly watching Jude with his, the little creature seeming to have his own attitude for the moment as he swiped at the Hufflepuff. She assumed this was normal, and cat owners like himself were probably very used to it, but still she gave a small gasp moved to check his arm. "Are you okay?"

Looking at the arm, and hearing the chastise, she couldn't help but give a small giggle at the words. "He must understand my name technically means he is higher in the food chain than myself." Maybe that was also why she had such a healthy fear of cats, it came with the name. "Cats really are so lucky they're adorable. They certainly get away with a lot." Was this true of all creatures? Absolutely.

Her head nodded at the inquiry and she took a step back from him again, smile fully back on her face. "I think I am! There are certainly a lot of friendly people here." But she was definitely very much looking forward to that introduction, and her eager nod in agreement to the time was probably a good show of that. "After classes tomorrow is perfect! As long as you have the time!" As a seventh year, she imagined he had quite a full plate.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Old 01-12-2023, 01:46 AM   #13 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

SPOILER!!: Aurora <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottiepot View Post

Oh dear.

Had she offended the young Hufflepuff? Aurora was not the type of person to intentionally offend others, she was just making a comment on the observations of her fellow housemates. “I know that, silly!” She giggled. That other houses could read, she meant. “But there’s a whooooole reading nook in our common room and it’s usually full!” The little blonde could think of much better things she could be doing rather than reading. Brandon might have enjoyed being a Claw. “But you do suit being a Hufflepuff.. not that I know much about being a Hufflepuff but I know your common room is near the kitchens and that would be the best thing ever if you wanted a snack!” She meanwhile had to walk all the way down from the seventh floor to get to the kitchens. Her Ma would probably be thrilled that trying to find something full of sugar was so difficult.

The conversation quickly moved on to the subject of braiding hair and the eleven-year-old was relieved for the change. Aurora loved having her hair done and it wasn’t like she had anything important to do. “Of course,” she beamed at her fellow first year. “I brushed it super well this morning so there shouldn’t be any tangles.” Aurora was lucky to have inherited that silky, long, blonde hair from her Mum that made it strangely easy to style. “Do you already know how to braid? I could teach you a French plait if you’d like? I can do one on my sister but my arms aren’t long enough and I can’t see the back of my head to do my own.” She was sure it would come with time.

Brandon nodded, a little more relaxed now that he knew she wasn't insulting his house. "I like being near the kitchens for snacks. I also like the garden that the Hufflepuff common room has... although a book nook does sound nice." He really did like reading. Although he preferred to do it alone, and didn't like being crowded like the way Aurora had described. "Isn't it hard being in a common room that's so high up and has lots of stairs? My sister said it tired her." Only she had used... slightly different language to describe it, and he still wasn't quite sure what about the staircases she had a problem with.

"I'd be happy to do your hair right here," Brandon said, grinning. Had he already said how nice of her and his sister it was to help him learn how to do hair? "Is there a difference between a braid and a French plait? I definitely can do some braids already." Her hair looked smooth and easy to deal with, which relaxed him a little. Being gentle was so much harder when people had tangled hair, he knew.
Old 01-17-2023, 12:19 AM   #14 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
Cats were the most temperamental of creatures and Mouse had a healthy fear of them. Did she still want to smoosh and snuggle and pet? Yes, but she wouldn't unless that cat made it abundantly clear that's what it wanted based on how finicky the animals could be. She chuckled softly watching Jude with his, the little creature seeming to have his own attitude for the moment as he swiped at the Hufflepuff. She assumed this was normal, and cat owners like himself were probably very used to it, but still she gave a small gasp moved to check his arm. "Are you okay?"

Looking at the arm, and hearing the chastise, she couldn't help but give a small giggle at the words. "He must understand my name technically means he is higher in the food chain than myself." Maybe that was also why she had such a healthy fear of cats, it came with the name. "Cats really are so lucky they're adorable. They certainly get away with a lot." Was this true of all creatures? Absolutely.

Her head nodded at the inquiry and she took a step back from him again, smile fully back on her face. "I think I am! There are certainly a lot of friendly people here." But she was definitely very much looking forward to that introduction, and her eager nod in agreement to the time was probably a good show of that. "After classes tomorrow is perfect! As long as you have the time!" As a seventh year, she imagined he had quite a full plate.

Clearly Ned didn’t care at all about Mouse, not when yet another nap was on the agenda. How cats slept so much, Jude could never understand. But it must be nice to be able to nap so often without having to do all the day to day stuff that humans had to. Bites and scratches were certainly nothing new to Jude; both Ned and Kanga - Keighley’s cat - had seen to that. Yet he appreciated Mouse’s concern. “I think so,’’ he replied mildly and showed her his hand. Two imprints of Ned’s teefs were clearly visible but were not that bad to have punctured the skin. “Ned just gets too excited sometimes.”

That comment elicited a hearty laugh from Jude. “Just another reason for him to be bold with you. I think he’s too tired now though since he’s been on a play date with one of my friend’s cat shortly before we came out here.” Bella and Millie were great sports to be putting up with him and Ned. “That’s true! I wouldn’t trade this little fellow for any other pet, even when he’s being sassy.” The little ball of fur had helped him out so much in the form of being an emotional support buddy.

Jude patted the free side of the bench. “Want to sit?” It would be just like when they were hanging out during the previous summer, minus a certain messy haired boy, sadly. “We are a friendly bunch,’’ the Hufflepuff continued with a grin. “Possibly more than you Beauxbaton’s students.’’ There was a happy beam from him. “Excellent! You’re in for a real treat! Meet me at the seventh floor corridor, okay?”

Old 01-21-2023, 07:17 PM   #15 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

Quote:

Clearly Ned didn’t care at all about Mouse, not when yet another nap was on the agenda. How cats slept so much, Jude could never understand. But it must be nice to be able to nap so often without having to do all the day to day stuff that humans had to. Bites and scratches were certainly nothing new to Jude; both Ned and Kanga - Keighley’s cat - had seen to that. Yet he appreciated Mouse’s concern. “I think so,’’ he replied mildly and showed her his hand. Two imprints of Ned’s teefs were clearly visible but were not that bad to have punctured the skin. “Ned just gets too excited sometimes.”

That comment elicited a hearty laugh from Jude. “Just another reason for him to be bold with you. I think he’s too tired now though since he’s been on a play date with one of my friend’s cat shortly before we came out here.” Bella and Millie were great sports to be putting up with him and Ned. “That’s true! I wouldn’t trade this little fellow for any other pet, even when he’s being sassy.” The little ball of fur had helped him out so much in the form of being an emotional support buddy.

Jude patted the free side of the bench. “Want to sit?” It would be just like when they were hanging out during the previous summer, minus a certain messy haired boy, sadly. “We are a friendly bunch,’’ the Hufflepuff continued with a grin. “Possibly more than you Beauxbaton’s students.’’ There was a happy beam from him. “Excellent! You’re in for a real treat! Meet me at the seventh floor corridor, okay?”
Ah, to have the life of a cat - where responsilities were little and naps were endless. That sounded like the dream right there, truly. When Jude held out his hand to show the damage, or lack there off, Mouse studied it for a brief moment before giving a nod and a smile. "There was this vet I knew who always said that the aftermath of any type of cat attitude shows how much the animal loves you." If there was little to notice, like Jude's, the love was a lot. The worst the damage, the less the love - even if it the attack had never been in a malicious way.

Ah, a kitty play date!? That sounded really cute and Mouse's smile showed she thought just that. "I hope Ned had a good time!" It was always a surprise to her when cats were social with other cats, but only because her only experience had been a rather nasty type of creature that didn't much like socialization with well... anyone. Jude's cat seemed far nicer than that. "how long have you had him?"

At the invitation, she gave a nod of her head before settling into the open seat and stretching her legs out in front of her - taking in a deeeeep breath of the fresh air. "It's so nice out here." A soft giggle from her, before a nod in agreement. "Honestly, probably so. I never made quite so many friends there." Though there had been a few she could at least converse with, one that she'd been surprised to see her transferred as well this term. "I will definitely see you there!" She grinned back, before stretching her arms out towards the sky. "Have you heard from my cousin lately?" Had the boys figured out how to send letters back and forth without suspicions from the muggle portion?

Old 01-24-2023, 12:30 AM   #16 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
Ah, to have the life of a cat - where responsilities were little and naps were endless. That sounded like the dream right there, truly. When Jude held out his hand to show the damage, or lack there off, Mouse studied it for a brief moment before giving a nod and a smile. "There was this vet I knew who always said that the aftermath of any type of cat attitude shows how much the animal loves you." If there was little to notice, like Jude's, the love was a lot. The worst the damage, the less the love - even if it the attack had never been in a malicious way.

Ah, a kitty play date!? That sounded really cute and Mouse's smile showed she thought just that. "I hope Ned had a good time!" It was always a surprise to her when cats were social with other cats, but only because her only experience had been a rather nasty type of creature that didn't much like socialization with well... anyone. Jude's cat seemed far nicer than that. "how long have you had him?"

At the invitation, she gave a nod of her head before settling into the open seat and stretching her legs out in front of her - taking in a deeeeep breath of the fresh air. "It's so nice out here." A soft giggle from her, before a nod in agreement. "Honestly, probably so. I never made quite so many friends there." Though there had been a few she could at least converse with, one that she'd been surprised to see her transferred as well this term. "I will definitely see you there!" She grinned back, before stretching her arms out towards the sky. "Have you heard from my cousin lately?" Had the boys figured out how to send letters back and forth without suspicions from the muggle portion?

“Oh, I think I can agree with that. Ned can get so sassy at times but he’s got so much love to give.” Jude shot his precious furbaby a fond glance. “And he gets a whole lot back, not just from me.” Everyone in the Anders’ household loved him. The Hufflepuff never once regretted picking the scruffy cat to be his familiar. “He seemed to have had a difficult life before, if you’re wondering about his ear. But he’s living his best life now.” As he should!

“I think he did. He probably misses Padme - Evan’s cat - a lot but Millie - that’s Bella’s from Slytherin House - and Ned get along rather well, even if Ned was a tad suspicious of Millie at first.” Jude did a quick calculation mentally. “For about four years. He was born in 2104 and I got him about a year later. Aside from taking a liking for him, I was afraid no one would want to get him because of his appearance.”

The seventh year gave Mouse a look of utter bewilderment. “How’s that possible? I mean, you’re really nice.” Like… were the other Beauxbatons students silly? He was just pleased that Mouse was faring better at Hogwarts. “You look like you’re warming up for a dance right now,’’ he teased, watching her stretch. Then Jude nodded, grinning at the mention of Davet. “Today, actually. He’s doing well. I usually send his letters to my parents and they get them to him. He’d pass his replies to mum and dad and they’d owl them to me.” There was a shrug on his part. “It works though it sucks that I can’t mention you said hi or anything like that.”

Old 01-28-2023, 04:44 PM   #17 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

SPOILER!!: Juuuuuude
Quote:

“Oh, I think I can agree with that. Ned can get so sassy at times but he’s got so much love to give.” Jude shot his precious furbaby a fond glance. “And he gets a whole lot back, not just from me.” Everyone in the Anders’ household loved him. The Hufflepuff never once regretted picking the scruffy cat to be his familiar. “He seemed to have had a difficult life before, if you’re wondering about his ear. But he’s living his best life now.” As he should!

“I think he did. He probably misses Padme - Evan’s cat - a lot but Millie - that’s Bella’s from Slytherin House - and Ned get along rather well, even if Ned was a tad suspicious of Millie at first.” Jude did a quick calculation mentally. “For about four years. He was born in 2104 and I got him about a year later. Aside from taking a liking for him, I was afraid no one would want to get him because of his appearance.”

The seventh year gave Mouse a look of utter bewilderment. “How’s that possible? I mean, you’re really nice.” Like… were the other Beauxbatons students silly? He was just pleased that Mouse was faring better at Hogwarts. “You look like you’re warming up for a dance right now,’’ he teased, watching her stretch. Then Jude nodded, grinning at the mention of Davet. “Today, actually. He’s doing well. I usually send his letters to my parents and they get them to him. He’d pass his replies to mum and dad and they’d owl them to me.” There was a shrug on his part. “It works though it sucks that I can’t mention you said hi or anything like that.”

"Did whoever you adopted him from mention how that happened?" She certainly hoped the poor guy had not been victim to neglect or worse from prior owners, ones even before wherever Jude had been able to adopt from. But based on the appearance, it was quite a possibility. He was still a very cute little thing though, and it sounded as if his appearance had played a role in his pairing with Jude - so maybe everything really did have a silver lining. "He's lucky you found him. And I imagine you feel vice versa as well!" Like he was also lucky to have found the scruffy feline.

That name certainly came up a lot - Evan. Not from Jude, but she'd also heard so much from Lisa now and snippets from her cousin's own interactions she almost felt like she knew this previous Ravenclaw. The fact he also had a cat named after Queen Amidala, technically Disney Queen now too, nearly made her chuckle. "It's good he was able to expand his social circle then!" She didn't know Jude THAT well and yet... that he adopted a critter because he didn't think someone else would felt so him.

Truth be told... it was probably that while she'd been open and polite to everyone, she hadn't particularly tried to form any deeper bonds. Mouse was nice, but per her history her relationship experiences (of all types) were superficial, at best. Perhaps even the ones with her parents. But... That all seemed like a LOT to dump on someone so instead of saying any of that, she just giggled. "Aren't Disney Princesses usually pretty solitary? Outside of animal companions?" Until they met their prince charming or yada yada. "I'm almost always preparing for a dance!" She was not professional or probably even graceful like the Hufflepuff beside her, but she liked to move her body. A fond smile crossed her own lips hearing Dav was doing well and she gave a small nod. "Good, I'm glad to hear it! It's good you were able to still figure out a way to keep in contact." From France she'd never had the opportunity and here... well, she hadn't come up with a system yet. But summer she was determined to tell him so... she could freely owl then. And so could Jude! "Hmm, maybe we could at least tell him we're coincidentally at the same place over break?" He probably wouldn't ask too many questions... and yet, maybe it would be a bad idea still anyways.

Old 01-28-2023, 11:45 PM   #18 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Mouse!
Quote:
"Did whoever you adopted him from mention how that happened?" She certainly hoped the poor guy had not been victim to neglect or worse from prior owners, ones even before wherever Jude had been able to adopt from. But based on the appearance, it was quite a possibility. He was still a very cute little thing though, and it sounded as if his appearance had played a role in his pairing with Jude - so maybe everything really did have a silver lining. "He's lucky you found him. And I imagine you feel vice versa as well!" Like he was also lucky to have found the scruffy feline.

That name certainly came up a lot - Evan. Not from Jude, but she'd also heard so much from Lisa now and snippets from her cousin's own interactions she almost felt like she knew this previous Ravenclaw. The fact he also had a cat named after Queen Amidala, technically Disney Queen now too, nearly made her chuckle. "It's good he was able to expand his social circle then!" She didn't know Jude THAT well and yet... that he adopted a critter because he didn't think someone else would felt so him.

Truth be told... it was probably that while she'd been open and polite to everyone, she hadn't particularly tried to form any deeper bonds. Mouse was nice, but per her history her relationship experiences (of all types) were superficial, at best. Perhaps even the ones with her parents. But... That all seemed like a LOT to dump on someone so instead of saying any of that, she just giggled. "Aren't Disney Princesses usually pretty solitary? Outside of animal companions?" Until they met their prince charming or yada yada. "I'm almost always preparing for a dance!" She was not professional or probably even graceful like the Hufflepuff beside her, but she liked to move her body. A fond smile crossed her own lips hearing Dav was doing well and she gave a small nod. "Good, I'm glad to hear it! It's good you were able to still figure out a way to keep in contact." From France she'd never had the opportunity and here... well, she hadn't come up with a system yet. But summer she was determined to tell him so... she could freely owl then. And so could Jude! "Hmm, maybe we could at least tell him we're coincidentally at the same place over break?" He probably wouldn't ask too many questions... and yet, maybe it would be a bad idea still anyways.

“She didn’t but it didn’t matter. I took a liking to him instantly. But I didn’t make the decision to get her that first day I met him. It wasn’t until a short time later after I got back to Hogwarts for the new term that year that I owled the woman to let her know that I’d like to have him. He just stayed on my mind all those months, I guess. Anyway, he was my Christmas present to myself.” Neither of them had looked back since! “I’m the lucky one to have him. Can’t tell you the number of times he has kept me company through my late night studies or when I was feeling down.” Ned was his little guardian angel! <3 “Definitely! Ned being out and about gives me a break from his sass.” Jude was laughing now at his own comment because truly, he was only joking.

“Okay, fair point! Where is your animal companion though? I’d offer you Ned but he’s busy with his beauty nap.” Cue more laughter from him. “Is that so? Would you care to be my occasional partner this year then? Rea used to be mine before she graduated since she’s the only one I fully trust to be able to keep up with me.” Not to mention, his sister knew all of the cues, lifts and so forth to help him with ballroom dancing. “Yeah, I don’t think I could have ever gone months and months without hearing from him.” Davet made Jude VERY happy. “There’s that… I’ve also been thinking more lately of telling him the truth.” Jude eyed Mouse for her reaction.

Old 02-04-2023, 03:05 AM   #19 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

Quote:

“She didn’t but it didn’t matter. I took a liking to him instantly. But I didn’t make the decision to get her that first day I met him. It wasn’t until a short time later after I got back to Hogwarts for the new term that year that I owled the woman to let her know that I’d like to have him. He just stayed on my mind all those months, I guess. Anyway, he was my Christmas present to myself.” Neither of them had looked back since! “I’m the lucky one to have him. Can’t tell you the number of times he has kept me company through my late night studies or when I was feeling down.” Ned was his little guardian angel! <3 “Definitely! Ned being out and about gives me a break from his sass.” Jude was laughing now at his own comment because truly, he was only joking.

“Okay, fair point! Where is your animal companion though? I’d offer you Ned but he’s busy with his beauty nap.” Cue more laughter from him. “Is that so? Would you care to be my occasional partner this year then? Rea used to be mine before she graduated since she’s the only one I fully trust to be able to keep up with me.” Not to mention, his sister knew all of the cues, lifts and so forth to help him with ballroom dancing. “Yeah, I don’t think I could have ever gone months and months without hearing from him.” Davet made Jude VERY happy. “There’s that… I’ve also been thinking more lately of telling him the truth.” Jude eyed Mouse for her reaction.
Jude and Ned's story and meeting was so cute, Mouse was sure she visibly was soft as she looked at the cat next to his owner. "That's so sweet! I bet the previous owner was really pleased that Ned found someone who already cared for him so much." It was nice too she'd been willing to hold the kitty, though he had also said there had been concern no one would have wanted to adopt. She was pretty sure no one had wanted to before hand because it was clear that he and Jude were just meant to be human and familiar. "We always know what to get ourselves for the best present of all." Love from a sweet animal was definitely a good choice. She giggled as well at his comment, giving the smallest teasing eyeroll. "I wonder where he got it from?" She joked in response.

Another giggle, and she tucked her hair back behind her ear as she nodded up towards the castle. "Believe it or not, I did bring someone. Though I don't usually tote him around with me. I have a bullfrog, Naveen, up in my dorm." Yes, she had entirely named her frog after the Prince in Princess and the Frog. It seemed fitting, given she was who she was. Though he certainly did not get kisses, he did get pets and to lounge on his own separate little pillow on her bed when he wanted company. "I'm not sure I could hold even a candle to your sister, but I'd love to try dancing with you!" She was very, very much a newbie. At Jude's confession of thinking of telling Davet more, she raised an eyebrow slightly - just surprised by the news but not at all dismissive of it. "I mean... I don't know what the parameters of the statute of secrecy are but... given he has magical family, it couldn't be THAT bad to tell him could it?"

Old 02-05-2023, 01:33 PM   #20 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
Jude and Ned's story and meeting was so cute, Mouse was sure she visibly was soft as she looked at the cat next to his owner. "That's so sweet! I bet the previous owner was really pleased that Ned found someone who already cared for him so much." It was nice too she'd been willing to hold the kitty, though he had also said there had been concern no one would have wanted to adopt. She was pretty sure no one had wanted to before hand because it was clear that he and Jude were just meant to be human and familiar. "We always know what to get ourselves for the best present of all." Love from a sweet animal was definitely a good choice. She giggled as well at his comment, giving the smallest teasing eyeroll. "I wonder where he got it from?" She joked in response.

Another giggle, and she tucked her hair back behind her ear as she nodded up towards the castle. "Believe it or not, I did bring someone. Though I don't usually tote him around with me. I have a bullfrog, Naveen, up in my dorm." Yes, she had entirely named her frog after the Prince in Princess and the Frog. It seemed fitting, given she was who she was. Though he certainly did not get kisses, he did get pets and to lounge on his own separate little pillow on her bed when he wanted company. "I'm not sure I could hold even a candle to your sister, but I'd love to try dancing with you!" She was very, very much a newbie. At Jude's confession of thinking of telling Davet more, she raised an eyebrow slightly - just surprised by the news but not at all dismissive of it. "I mean... I don't know what the parameters of the statute of secrecy are but... given he has magical family, it couldn't be THAT bad to tell him could it?"

Yes, Mouse. You looked very soft. Any softer and Jude was sure she’d melt into a puddle of French ice cream. “Yes. But I think what’s most important is that Ned’s happy. Everyone at home spoils him. And he’s made so many friends… uh huh. He’s definitely living the good life!” To that, Jude could wholeheartedly agreed! “We sure do! Even if sometimes the gift chooses us. Pretty sure Ned worked some magic that made him stick to my mind until I went back for him.” Jude caught that little eye roll, Mouse! “I dunno what you speak of,’’ he replied humorously.

“How did I not know about this??” Jude questioned in wild surprise. “If you kiss him, is he going to turn into a tall, dark and handsome Prince?” That Muggle movie was one he was familiar with. There was a huge, happy beam from him. Really, Mouse had made his day! He was pretty comfortable with her since she was Davet’s cousin and they got along well. “Thank you! I appreciate that! I promise it won’t be a dreary experience.” The Hufflepuff rubbed his nose in slight frustration, a habit of Reagan’s, at the mention of the Statue. “I need to do more research on it,’’ came his admission. “But I’ve known about witches and wizards telling their Muggle partners about magic, so I’m inclined to agree with you. It’s the actual showing them - like performing a spell in front of them - that I’m not sure about. Would that still result in receiving a letter from the Ministry calling out that action?”

Old 02-08-2023, 09:41 PM   #21 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

She was pretty much already French ice cream personified. "I think you're probably right there. Does your family have other animals too that he gets along with?" Could animals get lonely being the only one too? Or did they like being the 'only child' so to speak? She giggled at that, looking over the cat fondly. "Maybe he's secretly an animagus that decided people are too much trouble until he met you?" And that's why he stuck? It was a very far fetched theory and she naturally did not actually believe it, but it was a fun thought. Except... considering historically Peter Pettigrew existed, maybe it wasn't that fun of a thought.

She laughed, shaking her head and feeling her ponytail move from side to side as she did so. "I can pretty confidently say no. But I'm also not going to test the theory." She giggled a bit. "I'd also like to think my prince, if he exists, also would have not seen me at all my worst awkward pre-pubescent moments." She laughed again. And then turned thoughtful as conversation turned to the predicament of her cousin and she tilted her head a bit. "Do you think perhaps someone here is a half blood who could provide the experience their parent's had? I mean... there has to be someone whose gone through it all already." Which then meant someone who would be able to give him their insight. Because she also had no answers on what was permissible and what would constitute him getting an official letter.

Old 02-12-2023, 08:02 PM   #22 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
She was pretty much already French ice cream personified. "I think you're probably right there. Does your family have other animals too that he gets along with?" Could animals get lonely being the only one too? Or did they like being the 'only child' so to speak? She giggled at that, looking over the cat fondly. "Maybe he's secretly an animagus that decided people are too much trouble until he met you?" And that's why he stuck? It was a very far fetched theory and she naturally did not actually believe it, but it was a fun thought. Except... considering historically Peter Pettigrew existed, maybe it wasn't that fun of a thought.

She laughed, shaking her head and feeling her ponytail move from side to side as she did so. "I can pretty confidently say no. But I'm also not going to test the theory." She giggled a bit. "I'd also like to think my prince, if he exists, also would have not seen me at all my worst awkward pre-pubescent moments." She laughed again. And then turned thoughtful as conversation turned to the predicament of her cousin and she tilted her head a bit. "Do you think perhaps someone here is a half blood who could provide the experience their parent's had? I mean... there has to be someone whose gone through it all already." Which then meant someone who would be able to give him their insight. Because she also had no answers on what was permissible and what would constitute him getting an official letter.

“Keighley has a cat named Kanga. Luckily Ned and Kanga get along just fine, as much as Keigh and I do.” And everyone knew that he and the baby sister were super close! “You mean he’s hiding out like Peter Pettigrew did?’’ Jude looked down at the snoozing feeling. “Nah,” he said confidently. “Ned’s one hundred percent cat!”

Jude grinned. “Would that be because you’re weary of having to kiss an amphibian?’’ he teased. The Hufflepuff could imagine kissing dry, scaly lips would only be too daunting to anyone. “Then he’s definitely missed out on a very awesome you.” They may not have known each other then but Jude was pretty sure Mouse was great even at that time. The next words, the ones about the complicated secrecy thing, were considered. He nodded. “That’s a good idea. It’s very common for Muggles and witches/wizards to date after all. Just gotta find someone…” Already his mind was off doing a mental search for a witch or wizard who had faced this sort of thing that he knew. “Oh, I won’t tell him anything about you. I figured that’s your secret to tell.”

Old 02-15-2023, 02:37 AM   #23 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

"Kanga is such a cute name! It makes me think of Winnie the Pooh!" The mother kangaroo had always been one of her favorites. Well, her and Eeyore anyways. The poor, sweet Donkey always down on his luck. "Have you and your younger sister always been close? And do you get along well with your older two too?" She'd heard a lot about Reagan but Jude and Keighley was the Anders relationship she'd been witness too the most. She chuckled and nodded, "Yes, but like... not for evil reasons and more like just... agoraphobic reasons."

She nodded her head, entirely in agreement with his statement. Because yes - she 100% did not want to have to kiss an amphibian. "That is one fairy tale I would be very happy to never have to live out." His confidence in her was sweet and she smiled gratefully. "I think he's probably missed just the right amount." Or could maybe miss more - she wasn't sure she was her best self yet. "Maybe you should ask some of your friends around school? I mean... I know given history people might not be super open to talking about their family but.. maybe someone that knows you well would entirely understand where you're coming from and be open to opening up about it?" She smiled and gave a small nod. "Thank you. I figure.. maybe it'll lessen the blow if he hears about me from me." She didn't relish having lied by omission for so many years, but what was she to do otherwise?

Old 02-19-2023, 11:08 PM   #24 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
"Kanga is such a cute name! It makes me think of Winnie the Pooh!" The mother kangaroo had always been one of her favorites. Well, her and Eeyore anyways. The poor, sweet Donkey always down on his luck. "Have you and your younger sister always been close? And do you get along well with your older two too?" She'd heard a lot about Reagan but Jude and Keighley was the Anders relationship she'd been witness too the most. She chuckled and nodded, "Yes, but like... not for evil reasons and more like just... agoraphobic reasons."

She nodded her head, entirely in agreement with his statement. Because yes - she 100% did not want to have to kiss an amphibian. "That is one fairy tale I would be very happy to never have to live out." His confidence in her was sweet and she smiled gratefully. "I think he's probably missed just the right amount." Or could maybe miss more - she wasn't sure she was her best self yet. "Maybe you should ask some of your friends around school? I mean... I know given history people might not be super open to talking about their family but.. maybe someone that knows you well would entirely understand where you're coming from and be open to opening up about it?" She smiled and gave a small nod. "Thank you. I figure.. maybe it'll lessen the blow if he hears about me from me." She didn't relish having lied by omission for so many years, but what was she to do otherwise?

Jude was always entertained when Mouse made a reference with respect to a piece of Muggle culture. Luckily he got them since the Muggle world had always been a huge part of his and his siblings’ lives. He, Rea and Keigh spent a lot of time watching Muggle movies and shows. “I hadn’t thought of that! There’s a show I haven’t seen in a while. It’s such a classic! One of your favourites, Minnie Mouse?” He was particular to Tigger since they both were so bouncy. “We have always been this way. I think we got closer a few years ago when Keigh helped me through a really rough couple of months.” AKA his heartbreak moments. “I’m very close with Rea and Ko too. Overall, my family’s very tight knit.” And how he hoped his own future family would be. “How’s your mom, by the way?” Naturally he knew about Mouse’s family situation.

The seventh year laughed, suddenly having an image of Mouse kissing a little froggie. Truthfully, had something like that actually been in the works, he would have insisted on being there to capture every moment on film. “The important thing is that he has you back. I know he’s very thrilled about that.” Jude bobbed his head, making up his mind to ask his close friends about his predicament as soon as he possibly could. “I’ll do just that. I also want to talk it over with my parents too.” He idly ran a hand through Ned’s soft fur. “It will. Dav loves you a great deal so you won’t have to be nervous about telling him. At least now he’ll understand why you couldn’t visit him.”

Old 02-25-2023, 07:18 PM   #25 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

Quote:

Jude was always entertained when Mouse made a reference with respect to a piece of Muggle culture. Luckily he got them since the Muggle world had always been a huge part of his and his siblings’ lives. He, Rea and Keigh spent a lot of time watching Muggle movies and shows. “I hadn’t thought of that! There’s a show I haven’t seen in a while. It’s such a classic! One of your favourites, Minnie Mouse?” He was particular to Tigger since they both were so bouncy. “We have always been this way. I think we got closer a few years ago when Keigh helped me through a really rough couple of months.” AKA his heartbreak moments. “I’m very close with Rea and Ko too. Overall, my family’s very tight knit.” And how he hoped his own future family would be. “How’s your mom, by the way?” Naturally he knew about Mouse’s family situation.

The seventh year laughed, suddenly having an image of Mouse kissing a little froggie. Truthfully, had something like that actually been in the works, he would have insisted on being there to capture every moment on film. “The important thing is that he has you back. I know he’s very thrilled about that.” Jude bobbed his head, making up his mind to ask his close friends about his predicament as soon as he possibly could. “I’ll do just that. I also want to talk it over with my parents too.” He idly ran a hand through Ned’s soft fur. “It will. Dav loves you a great deal so you won’t have to be nervous about telling him. At least now he’ll understand why you couldn’t visit him.”
It was good he found her muggle references entertaining, because Mouse's personality was probably about 80%-90% of them. But mainly still Disney, which was for every age if you asked her - even if made specifically for small children. "There were episodes I liked, but I think I honestly preferred the merchandise of the characters than the show itself." She had the snuggliest eeyore sweater that was probably one of her favorites. "It sounds really nice! To be so close with all of them!" Ready made friends is what Jude and his siblings made having a brother and sister look like, and not at all like rivalries or people to just tolerate like she'd seen others. As for the question about her own mother? Mouse's smile dropped the slightest bit but she tried to not show it too much. "She's okay, I think. It doesn't seem like she's too upset by her new circumstances." Angry, sure, which made her difficult to talk to at times but... could anyone really blame her?

Thankfully there would be nothing for Jude to ever film, because unlike Tiana having changed her mind in Princess and the Frog - Mouse would very much so NOT be doing so. "I'm glad he's glad about it. He's been the silver lining." And meeting Jude too now. And maybe there would be more later too, she just wasn't open to seeing them yet. "Multiple opinions never hurt!" As long as Jude did what he felt was best for his situation at the end - which she had no doubt he would. "Thank you. It'll be good to at least give him clarity on that. I'm sure he never knew why my parents suddenly were so reclusive."