sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1155 users online including...
RuslanIcops , astrocat , LindaBlulp , Evaxzf , Shawnxfb , FlixexNit

8 members
1147 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster Wilber Winterbottom's Reign > Term 63: January - April 2023

Term 63: January - April 2023 Term Sixty-Three: The Calm (Sept 2109 - June 2110)

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 01-07-2023, 05:08 PM

Post CoMC: Sleep Out in the Pastures

On the evening of the first Friday back shortly after dinner, Professor Paton could be found out in the pastures. Unlike most nights where she could be seen tending to the creatures or bringing some inside for the night, this wasn't what she was doing right now. For the better part of the afternoon had been spent readying the area for the students and other professors/Headmaster. Now however she was triple checking everything to make sure nothing at all had been forgotten.

There were tents for those that didn't want to sleep directly beneath the stars. Lots of sleeping bags of all colors and designs! Stacks of pillows and blankets were also present beside the sleeping bags.

Three long tables were also set up very close by. One that had different snacks on it that would be typical of a sleep out, both muggle and magical. The other table held drinks both warm and cold. On the last table was.. creature treats and stuffed creatures (of the nocturnal variety!). Should anyone find that strange, all they needed to do was remember whom it was that was hosting this little sleep out.

Not too far off from the tables and supplies was a decent little fire pit area. The fire not lit as of yet but with plenty of seating set up around it should anyone want to sit around and talk. Hint hint. This area was going to be used soon enough for a very special reason.

Off to the other side was an area set up only for this activity. This was several little dressing rooms for those that hadn't arrived already in their pajamas but wanted to change. There was also outdoor restrooms so no one had to keep hurrying inside!

All that was missing now was, anyone that wanted to have some fun.

OOC: Heeeeeeey everyone! Welcome to the CoMC sleep out!
Old 01-21-2023, 02:04 AM   #76 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

It was easy to pull Mercer from this theoretical edge of utter disaster when the solution was quite obvious. While she may not share entirely in his paranoia, still just sheer disappointment, she did want to know who and what was in front of her rather than simply think she knew and be proven wrong. The pang of disappointment was uncomfortable.

Mercer patting her head was the opposite, however. Though in the moment she had almost forgotten just how tall he was now and practically towered over her. She could see right up his nose sometimes when she looked up at him.

"I am not," she confirmed with a small nod of the head. She could offer to write to her grandfather, but seeing as he was manipulated and entrancing enchanted by the Neo-Alliance...she had the feeling that his opinion would be a little too skewed on the matter. "Perhaps we could compile a list and include her guidance." They already had their shared journal where they wrote each other messages or drawings or whatever may have struck them in the moment - even if that was a leaf. It was two fwoopers with one stone to record their observations in that journal and build upon them thus. At his asking she shifted her gaze from looking, mostly, up Mercer's nose to their intertwined fingers. "I do not." Milo did not like holding hands and only really tolerated it on the rare occasion, like when they had all three gone to the dance together, and the thought had never crossed her mind much with anyone else. "It is possible that it is only you that this is commonplace."

Was the mug marshmallow free now? The wind was whooshing and whirling to gently nudge them away from the spot they were standing if so.
"I know you like lists," Mercer agreed. She knew he'd agree with whatever her plan was. That was the beauty of the M-cubed squad. One of them always had a plan, and the other two made it happen. It wasn't always a good plan or a well thought out plan, but they made it work. Milo would probably be keen to figuring out which professors couldn't be trusted, honestly.

He turned the empty mug upside down to show Mitsuki the contents were gone before offering it up. Why did she choose him for hand holding, if it wasn't a her thing? Was there something about him that suggested a pathological need for comforting and direction? Maybe a big red sign on his forehead that said 'hold this poor boy's hand'? Should he be embarrassed? "If you only hold hands with me, that makes me your booooyfriend."

Helpful as always, Branxton.

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest
Old 01-21-2023, 02:11 PM   #77 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
"I know you like lists," Mercer agreed. She knew he'd agree with whatever her plan was. That was the beauty of the M-cubed squad. One of them always had a plan, and the other two made it happen. It wasn't always a good plan or a well thought out plan, but they made it work. Milo would probably be keen to figuring out which professors couldn't be trusted, honestly.

He turned the empty mug upside down to show Mitsuki the contents were gone before offering it up. Why did she choose him for hand holding, if it wasn't a her thing? Was there something about him that suggested a pathological need for comforting and direction? Maybe a big red sign on his forehead that said 'hold this poor boy's hand'? Should he be embarrassed? "If you only hold hands with me, that makes me your booooyfriend."

Helpful as always, Branxton.
Despite not being the sort to come up with a daily to-do list, which may actually be a good method to keep her mind and body from wandering all about the place, she did enjoy lists a lot. She sincerely hoped that he would come up with another birthday list for them to accomplish this term, or she supposed they could simply try and continue those that they had not crossed off from last term first and then go from there. Would depend on how they felt when his birthday came around once again. "I do," she nodded and with another small hint of a smile. Maybe Milo could help them code it too so that if it fell into the wrong sort of hands then they would not be able to understand it without knowing the codex.

One thought at a time though. They needed a list first.

Accepting the mug and giving it a quick inspection before they began their search, Mitsuki would have been pleased by his thought process and mild self awareness - though he need not feel embarrassed by being any sort of person seeing as no matter what he was uniquely Mercer. Also. there was no sign on his forehead of any sort - for what that was worth. She had only just taken a couple of steps along with the next push from a gentle breeze when Mercer spoke. While his phrasing was a little curious, she thought it odd that Mercer only now piece together that he was a boy friend and had been for many years now.

Considering the discussions that had happened at the Rasting residence over the summer, she really ought to not be so unaware.

"Yes," she nodded again, though this time with a slightly confused tilt of head while doing so. "If that is how you define it."

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
Old 01-21-2023, 08:06 PM   #78 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

UM HOLD THE DING DANG PHONE. Did PRofessor Paton just say that she was an animagi? Vera HAD been interested in going in search of s’mores, but more information on that (which she was suprised she hadn’t realized!) as well as the incoming creatures seemed FAR more important. “Are you a reptile, Professor Paton?” Oh gosh, how cool would that be. Could she pick her animagus form if she became one? Instead of having a basilisk could she BE a basilisk!? Vera now had a million questions and three amazing resources before her so… forget s’mores, she would not be moving from this spot. Instead staring WIDE EYED at the three professors

Hearing a voice behind her, Mouse turned to see the girl with the amazing Beauty and the Beast inspired ensemble and the cutest little Beast stuffy. And she was complimenting HER outfit? That certainly should have been the other way around, though naturally she also appreciated the kind words. “Thank you! I’m a big Disney fan so I was hoping to be Wendy-esque for the night. I LOVE your look! The hood is even extra cute! Big fan of Beauty and the Beast?” Please say yes because she could talk for hours about anything Disney and quite liked to do so. Offering her hand in a quick greeting, she beamed back. Enchante, Desiree! Minerva Durand, but you can call me Mouse.”

She smiled back at Professor Gert as she offered her greetings, giving a small nod back. “You certainly gave us all surprise! What does flying like that feel like, Professor?” She imagined it was amazing, but couldn’t help herself from asking someone who actually got to experience it. Attention turned towards Raj again as well as he answered her initial question, looking over the clearing again as well. “I hadn’t decided yet. S’mores sounds good but now I’m pretty intrigued by whatever critters were about to meet.” She hoped at least one was a bat, the puppies of the sky.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start

Last edited by Chelliephone; 01-24-2023 at 04:58 AM.
Old 01-21-2023, 10:01 PM   #79 (permalink)
Zoe
Dark Force Defense League

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

Logan had been ... well, surprisingly quiet. With there being a handful of professors around, he had no choice but to be on his best behaviour, especially when one of those said professors was his mother. So, to keep himself preoccupied, the third year had been stuffing snacks into his mouth. He planned on doing so until his stomach told him no.

The Animagus talk didn't capture his attention. He didn't even perk up at the mention of it considering both of his parents were Animagi and the whole ordeal was quite normal to him. While he was momentarily surprised by Professor Gert's entrance, his focus shifted to his own internal thoughts. What creatures did his mum have for them to see? Would they get to tell scary stories soon? Would they be able to venture into the forest to strike up a chat with the sphinx?

He was brought back into reality when he managed to register the questions that Hope and Vera asked. Logan, of course, knew those answers. "Yes and yes," he responded to Hope. Then, to Vera, he muttered, a few crumbs spewing out of his mouth as he was still in the process of chewing, "She transforms into a --" Spoiler alert! "-- red panda. And my dad can turn into a crow." The more you know.

With that said, the boy carried on with his chewing. Hmm. Where was Beans? It wasn't a campout without his canine companion!

Last edited by Zoe; 01-21-2023 at 11:57 PM.
Old 01-22-2023, 02:18 AM   #80 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Despite not being the sort to come up with a daily to-do list, which may actually be a good method to keep her mind and body from wandering all about the place, she did enjoy lists a lot. She sincerely hoped that he would come up with another birthday list for them to accomplish this term, or she supposed they could simply try and continue those that they had not crossed off from last term first and then go from there. Would depend on how they felt when his birthday came around once again. "I do," she nodded and with another small hint of a smile. Maybe Milo could help them code it too so that if it fell into the wrong sort of hands then they would not be able to understand it without knowing the codex.

One thought at a time though. They needed a list first.

Accepting the mug and giving it a quick inspection before they began their search, Mitsuki would have been pleased by his thought process and mild self awareness - though he need not feel embarrassed by being any sort of person seeing as no matter what he was uniquely Mercer. Also. there was no sign on his forehead of any sort - for what that was worth. She had only just taken a couple of steps along with the next push from a gentle breeze when Mercer spoke. While his phrasing was a little curious, she thought it odd that Mercer only now piece together that he was a boy friend and had been for many years now.

Considering the discussions that had happened at the Rasting residence over the summer, she really ought to not be so unaware.

"Yes," she nodded again, though this time with a slightly confused tilt of head while doing so. "If that is how you define it."
Mercer's hand went slack in Mitsuki's and he paused to give her a blinking look. Fiiiiiirst of all, were there various definitions for boyfriend? And second, didn't it matter more what her definition was? Or his? Why didn't she want to know his definition?

Perhaps third of all, she'd just said that yes he WAS her boyfriend, and that made him feel like he'd sat down too fast and his stomach was up around his ears. It wasn't exactly a romantic or proper way to ask a girl, now was it? "Ah, I see. Well. I'm glad you told me, because I didn't know. I have to..." Write to Cooper and ask what it meant now that he was a boyfriend, apparently. "Catch you a glowworm, clearly!"

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest
Old 01-22-2023, 04:17 AM   #81 (permalink)

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
First Year

x1
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2111jen View Post
Max shrugged. "I mean, I've only ever heard of humans turning into only one animal," He started eating the other piece of chocolate and took another drink of hot chocolate. chocolate seption??
In the silents moments that followed, Nora had somehow managed to return to her senses. Nobody else had seemed the least bit phased by the animal-to-human transformation, so that in itself calmed her nerves. This part of the magical world was going to take a lot of getting used to, but just like every thing else she'd encountered, she'd get through it.

"Well, that good. At least other people know what to expect," she remarked. Being a bunny rabbit one second and a dragon the next would terrifying, she imagined. As she talked, she wandered over to the snack table, assuming Max would follow. Maybe some of the treats would get her mind off what she'd just experienced. "I wonder what else she has planned?"
Old 01-22-2023, 02:57 PM   #82 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Keighley beamed at Professor Gert when she landed not to far from her and Jude and Desiree. The woman was an Animagus like their cousin Hady, now that was awesome. There had been many times where she considered getting herself set up for all the hard work that went hand in hand in becoming one.. but she already had so much on her plate she wasn't positive that she could handle another that required such dedication.

Jude rushing off to get and then return with a stuffed creature made her giggle. "Now how cute is that! It's so fluffy looking!" It looked like a real version of a hide behind, only smaller! "What other creatures are over there, Jude? Maybe I'll get one for Livvy and Charlie."

Feeling Jude take her hand, she smiled and gave it a soft squeeze. "Don't go hogging all of the marshmallows," she giggled. "If you want some, Desiree.. you might want to take them from him now before he eats them all." Keigh was only joking of course."I hope they do. Yeah but we can also spend time with you, give you more of a chance to get to know them." This was directed at Jude as she spoke about her partners showing up for the sleep out. She really hoped that they did.

Professor Paton smiled once again in thanks to not only Celeste but to Norman as well. It was very helpful to have two more pairs of eyes when so many younger ones were concerned.

Surprisingly there wasn't as many questions as she expected but that was perfectly alright. She would answer the ones that were and any others that came up throughout the night. Overhearing Nora and Max and her son Logan answering chiming in on an important question asked by Hope, that was where she would start. "When becoming an Animagus, not only does it take a lot of studying, time and dedication to the entire process there are a few things to keep in mind. First being that you DO NOT get to chose what your form is. You won't get to know for sure until you transform into it." There was a brief pause before she continued. "Now for most being able to cast the patronus charm may be a huge indicator as to what your Animagus form will be. However that wasn't the case, mine are both different which was very rare." How rare.. she didn't know but she did know that she's never met anyone else that had different forms.

"Another important thing to keep in mind is that you only transform into one creature. That's it. So if you do all of that work and finally transform into lets say ummmm.. a grasshopper and you aren't happy with that.. well there's not a thing you can do about it other than never transform into that again." Meaning there wasn't anything to be done about it.

There was also another important aspect of learning to become an Animagus but it had nothing to do with what creature they would turn into. Therefore she wouldn't bring it up right now. A soft smile graced her lips as she looked at Hope next. "That's a very question and as Logan said, yes. When you change into your form and then back again, everything is remembered. You are still very much yourself the entire time." That was something that she very much appreciated about the process. Being able to know that whatever she did she would remember.

Now that was a question she was waiting for. And to have it come from Vera made her laugh softly. "Given my incredible love or reptiles one might think that I can change into one.. I can not. What I do change into is a red panda. And just in case you're curious now that I said earlier that my patronus is different, that form is a fennec fox." She had nothing at all to hide.

"One last thing before I start bringing out the creatures I have brought along for tonight.. some of them are a little skittish as they are nocturnal creatures. Others will happily go to you if you call them." Her attention shifted onto her son for a moment as if she knew exactly what he was thinking earlier. "Before you even ask me, he's here. I knew you would want him." Beans that is. The crup while not nocturnal, though sometimes she wondered about his strange sleeping habits, was present. "Who can tell me some nocturnal creatures? Maybe ones that you would like to see tonight if given the chance?"

You are Bread!
Old 01-22-2023, 07:59 PM   #83 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

Oh, Keigh liked his new friend? Jude held it out to her. “Loads more like this little fellow here. Loads of nocturnal fellows too! I’m sure you’ll find something for both Charlie and Olivia.’’ He made a playful face at her in relation to the marshmallows. “I can’t promise anything!’’ So she and Desiree had better get the marshmallows while they were there in front of them, exactly as Keigh had warned their fellow Hufflepuff. Jude couldn’t help but laugh at the warning. “She’s got a point, Desiree. I also don’t think Professor Paton would be impressed if I finish off the majority of her stash.” As for a certain Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw spending time in his company, he didn’t mind. He liked them both well enough.

Jude divided up his attention so that there would be ample of it paid to his cousin and her Animagus talk. He shuddered to think of Hady turning into a snake or any reptile at all. Yeah… no. Nope! His warm, loving Hady as a red panda was much better. But enough of reptiles! Jude was all set to set his eyes on the nocturnal babies! “Badgers are mainly nocturnal,’’ the seventh year piped up.

Uh huh.

He was repping his House loudly and proudly!

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 01-24-2023, 04:56 AM   #84 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

Accusing eyes were turned to Logan as he answered her question about his mom, the gaze widening even more hearing Mr. Paton was also an animagi. "Wait, really? your dad too?!" Her nose wrinkled a bit too and despite the fact he was not close enough for it to be an issue, she wiped at her shirt and her new stuffed snake to make sure none were on them, before reaching over and stealing a snack.

And then Professor Patonwas talking and Ve was hanging onto every word. There was a lot of disappointment that one did not get to choose - there went her dreams of being a basilisk. But it still sounded very cool. "where you disappointed it wasn't a reptile?" She asked, a sympathetic note to her tone. She would have been. Although.... Red pandas were VERY cute. "Can we see your animagus form sometime?" Professor Gert just had given them a demonstration, so it seemed only fair! "Skunks are nocturnal!" And actually really cute if you could get over the smell. "Do you have a non-smelly skunk we could hang out with?" Maybe she should just check the stuffed creatures again.

Attempting to snag another one of Logan's snacks, she asked. "Are you going to try to be an animagi too?" And then to him and Sia on the other side. "We should practice our patronuses now! I reaaaally want to know what mine is. And just imagine if we could cast a corporeal one by our OWLs!"

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Old 01-25-2023, 01:44 AM   #85 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Ah there was another student who seemed excited about her demonstration, the young Ravenclaw clapping. “Thank ye, Ms. Archard. Glad you enjoyed.” Seeing people amused and interested in the process was always refreshing, especially to one to whom it was almost second nature. Celeste had been an animangus since her own graduation from Hogwarts, many moons ago. The girl’s questions seemed to be aimed at her colleague however, who she left Hadleigh to them.

Oh look…a question for her directly. “It is…quite thrilling,” she remarked as she worked to find the right words for Ms. Durand. “Though nerve wracking the first few times for sure.” Even for a Gryffindor like herself. She was definitely thankful to have her future husband right there beside her in his more experienced falcon form when she was learning her wings. And that she wasn’t afraid of heights.

As for the ones Professor Paton was answering, Celeste had to admit she herself was intrigued by the fact that the younger woman’s patronus and animangus form were not only different but not necessarily close to similar. “Now mine are actually the same, though I technically learned them in reverse, having always had more of a proficiency in transfiguration than charms.” A longstanding family trait.

Now a grasshopper? Now that was a horrible form.

Okay so S’mores were in but on hold in favor of more interesting things according to his friend. Which Raj was all for too, quite interested himself in seeing what exactly his aunt turned professor had in store for them. “Me too…” But first there was one final question being asked of those gathered around for the sleepover. “Ball pythons are nocturnal,” Rajesh supplied. You know, for Aunt Hads the reptile fan. Though more mundane and and any nearby likely in the reptile house.

Was the moon right for mooncalfs? The seventh year glancing absently at the astronomy professor.
Old 01-26-2023, 01:47 AM   #86 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

As soon as the professor gave him permission, Wiley headed straight for the snacks. He grabbed his own cup of hot chocolate in one hand, then some of the necessary ingredients for s'mores in the other. Now that the fire was lit, he wanted to maybe roast some marshmallows and make some s'mores. That just seemed like the right thing to do tonight.

He turned to follow Brandon and Regulus towards the fire, figuring that was where they'd be sitting and that they could all share s'mores, when he spotted Maisey first. He looked down at his pajamas when she mentioned the team. "Well yeah, of course! It's my dad's team," he said proudly. But he thought most people knew that. And he didn't even consider that she might not know the team at all.

And before he could say anything else, the owl that he had just given a passing notice, turned into their Astronomy professor. "Cool!" He hadn't realized that she was an animagus. He was familiar with them of course, but it had taken him slightly by surprise. Well anyway, hopefully they'd get a chance to interact with some actual creatures too as he was curious to see what Professor Paton was going to bring out. She was an animagus too though? Huh. What were the odds of having TWO animagus teachers?

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line
Old 01-26-2023, 05:48 PM   #87 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

When offered the stuffie from Jude, Keigh didn't hesitate to take it from him and give it a little cuddle. "Perfect! I'm not sure what to get for Liv but it should be cute.. and Charlie.. well he likes horses." She was going to find the perfect one for each of them. "I expect nothing less from you sooooo..." Don't mind her for snagging a few marshmallows from him now! "I think she'd be more worried about you making yourself sick from eating so many." Keigh didn't think that Hady would get upset over it.

"That they are! Adorable and fierce too when they need to be." Professor Paton nodded in reply to Jude.

A small quiet laugh slipped past her lips at all the questions that came from Vera. "Surprisingly, I wasn't. As much as I adore reptiles, the connection I have with my Animagus form is very strong. After I learned what red pandas represented, I knew it fit me perfectly." The form a person took when becoming an Animagus was a part of them, a true match to their inner selves. "You can, I have no problem with showing you all at some point tonight. And that they are! Whether or not one is here with me, you'll just have to wait and see." She wouldn't be giving anything away too soon.

There was no denying that her smile grew a teeny bit at this answer. "Indeed they are as well!" She was glad someone brought them up and the fact that it was her nephew didn't surprise her at all.

"As promised I'll go ahead and bring out some of my creature friends that I have here with me tonight. Like I said earlier, some might be a little more nervous than others and not come close." That being said, Hady slipped away inside a tent that was larger than all of the others and very magically protected to keep the creatures inside safe and comfortable. It took a few minutes to release several creatures from their special enclosures so they could come out into the open if they choose to.

When she came back out, around her neck and wrapped around her arm was her albino python Amie whom resided in the Reptile Room when he wasn't with her or in her cabin. A whispered charm was lifted from the area to make glow worms and fireflies that had been present suddenly visible again. As well as other owls and squirrels that were hanging out in the trees.

Which creatures came out during the night would depend on the noise level and how the creatures were feeling. Bats, a badger, a sugar glider, Demiguise and other magical and non-magical creatures were present. Each one had been under the professors care at some point and none would harm the students which is why she felt very sure with allowing them free roam for now.

OOC: Hello! Soooo this rp should actually be over LOL but due to my own very slowness in posting at the start of it I've kept it open longer so we could get the creatures out as promised LOL... I won't be having Hady announce every single creature as they come around. I've listed some above but if the creature is nocturnal then your kiddo is free to mention them, ask about them or interact with them! As long as none of the creatures are dangerous of course! I'll be leaving them open a little longer so everyone gets a chance to enjoy this moment!

You are Bread!
Old 01-26-2023, 11:27 PM   #88 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default Attempting to catch up
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Jude was right; that hidebehind plush was even cuter up close! Almost as cute as Desiree’s Beast pillow… almost. He (or was it a she? They?) was so cute, Desiree had to stifle a squeal when she saw it. “Aww, look how fluffy!” she said, giving the plushie a little pat on its head. “Have you thought of a name yet?”

Something else that was cute? Mouse’s outfit! “Ha, I knew it! You really nailed the Wendy look,” Desiree replied, beaming. Her face brightened at the mention of her outfit and her favorite Disney movie. Asdfjkl!!!! She knew Beauty and the Beast?! Desiree had just made a friend for life! She was unable to resist giving a very Belle-like twirl to show off her outfit. “Thank you! And yes, it’s been my favorite since I can remember. What’s your favorite Disney movie?” Whatever it was, she had probably seen it! Oh, did Mouse know French too, or was she just going along with the Beauty and the Beast theme? Merci beaucoup. I like that nickname! Was it meant to be a Minnie Mouse reference?”

Desiree didn’t need to be told twice about the s’mores. Giving Keighley a knowing wink, she sneaked several marshmallows. “I don’t think she’s the only one who would be unhappy about that!” she replied to Jude with a laugh. She popped a marshmallow into her mouth, setting the others aside to make s’mores. Mmm, they were so good! And so was the sweet smell that wafted through the air as she toasted her marshmallows.

Between all the snacks and conversation, Desiree had trouble focusing on Professor Paton. Oh, she was an animagus like Professor Gert? Cool! She gave a sidelong glance toward the transfiguration professor. Was he an animagus too? Come to think of it, were all of the professors animagi? While she still didn’t think she’d want to be one, it was rather interesting to learn about the process. As she listened, her thought turned to the patronus charm. She wondered what her own patronus might be. She hoped it was something graceful, like a unicorn or a butterfly, but she’d be happy with any form except a wombat!

She was so distracted that she forgot to answer Professor Paton’s question about nocturnal creatures, so she turned her attention to observing them instead. As she glanced around ,she spotted a sugar glider not far from where she was seated. How cute! “Hello there,” she whispered, slowly reaching out a hand. Would it let her pet it?

Norman nodded in reply to Atreyu-Rehman. It was nice to see the students having a good time - and the same went for his fellow professors. What were the odds that all three of tonight’s chaperones were animagi?! The realization got a slight chuckle from him. “Had I known this was the plan, I would’ve shown up in dog form,” he remarked offhandedly, looking at his two colleagues. That wasn’t exactly a nocturnal creature, though. To Celeste, he added, “It must be nice to have an animagus form that flies. I’ll bet that ability comes in handy.” Other than for having fun, he meant.

He stood off to one side, quietly observing as Hadleigh spoke. As this was her gathering, he was content to let her take the lead, though he was unable to resist chiming in when the conversation turned to transfiguration, more specifically animagi. Not only was that his subject, but it was something with which he had personal experience. “Professor Paton is right,” he said with a nod. “I’d also add that becoming an animagus takes lots of patience and perseverance, in addition to the time, study, and dedication she mentioned. It’s a demanding process with no room for error. Any setbacks you encounter, be they mistakes or just bad timing, and you have to start over. It took me nearly two years to do it.” He wasn’t one to blab about his past, but it seems pertinent to give the students an example. “The important thing is to keep trying; you’ll get there. Anyone who wants to learn more about animagi, come to my office sometime.”

That was enough of him blathering on! They were here for creatures, not transfiguration. He listened intently, glancing at Hadleigh with an intrigued expression as she mentioned that her patronus and animagus were different. Well, that was interesting - and certainly a rarity! As both of his colleagues had revealed their patronus and animagus forms, he supposed he might as well do the same. Not so much for his own benefit, but he saw the reactions of some of the students when Celeste transformed. Best that they know now, so they hopefully wouldn’t be frightened if they ever encountered a large dark-colored dog roaming the castle. “Like Professor Gert, my patronus and animagus are the same animal, a Sulimov dog,” he said.

Perhaps he’d demonstrate later.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
Old 01-28-2023, 12:03 AM   #89 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Hope gasped softly as she saw all the creatures appear, one by one. Some she knew, and some were quite strange to her. She smiled as a black and white badger waddled close by her, looking up briefly over its shoulder as it continued on across the meadow on some sort of badgerly business. English badgers were so cute! Nothing like the rather fierce American badgers she was more familiar with.

Then she caught her breath as a strange creature suddenly appeared next to her. What was this? She had never seen anything like it before, with its long silvery hair. She stared into its deep black eyes, like pools of ink, and felt she was truly looking at magic.
Old 01-28-2023, 05:18 PM   #90 (permalink)
Zoe
Dark Force Defense League

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

Nom, nom, nom. "Mhhhhhhm," he replied to Vera, stalling for a moment as he finished up chewing what was currently in his mouth. As he was a bit preoccupied to move his snacks away, his housemate did manage to swipe away. He would remember that later. "Very useful for him since he's an Auror and everything."

He did pause for a moment to consider whether or not he was going to try to become an Animagus like his parents. "Haven't really thought about it. Maybe? Mum and Dad told me it's really hard to do. Takes a lot of dedication and time." As for the Patronus, well, that was something he wanted to do. "I'm sure yours will end up being a skunk or a slug."

Logan didn't bother answering his mum's next question about what creatures were nocturnal. Having a magizoologist for a mother and living where such creatures often found temporary homes, he had been exposed to many of them over the years. So the boy carried on with his snacking.

Huh. So Professor Carton was an Animagus too? Was that becoming a requirement to work at Hogwarts these days? His blue eyes tracked the man, waiting for a demonstration. But when one didn't happen, his eyes wandered away since the nocturnal creatures were coming out to play.

"That's a Demiguise," he mentioned to Hope, seeing that she had locked eyes with the peaceful creature. "He's a fun little guy."

But where was Beans? Sure, the crup wasn't nocturnal, but his mum had made it a point to tell him that he was wandering about. He shoved another snack in his own mouth and then held a snack at ground level. Knowing Beans, the dog wouldn't be able to resist.

Old 01-29-2023, 02:17 AM   #91 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
Mercer's hand went slack in Mitsuki's and he paused to give her a blinking look. Fiiiiiirst of all, were there various definitions for boyfriend? And second, didn't it matter more what her definition was? Or his? Why didn't she want to know his definition?

Perhaps third of all, she'd just said that yes he WAS her boyfriend, and that made him feel like he'd sat down too fast and his stomach was up around his ears. It wasn't exactly a romantic or proper way to ask a girl, now was it? "Ah, I see. Well. I'm glad you told me, because I didn't know. I have to..." Write to Cooper and ask what it meant now that he was a boyfriend, apparently. "Catch you a glowworm, clearly!"
Was Mercer okay? The sudden slack in his grip, fingers and arms made her believe for a brief moment that he may very well pass out. Had he not eaten enough? They had not wandered all that far from the group just yet and the food tables were still very much within wafting distance that they could collect another mug full of marshmallows or something else should he fancy. He was speaking soon enough though, even if it was a bit disjointed and displaying a certain degree of distress. Rather than speculate, which so often lead to miscommunications and spreading falsities, it was best to have all the information before proceeding...which is what prompted Mitsuki to ask her veracious friend: "Are you alright?"

It was her turn to be a bit perplexed and, as was to be expected, her head titled curiously while she continued to observe him. "I thought you already knew." That he was her boy friend. Perhaps she had been too presumptuous as to who was and was not a friend. Hmm...something she may reflect upon later and sprinkle a bit of fertilizer on the seed of self doubt that had begun to sprout since the summer. Before further follow up could be had, such as asking if she ought to have told him (again?) earlier that he was an important piece in her existence, her friend was declaring that they needed to go find a glowworm and she could not agree more. "We need to catch a glowworm," she corrected softly with another hint of a smile. She would not just be standing around and watching him have all the soul catching fun.

Her steps modestly quickened and, while the rest of the class seemed to oh and ah about the number of animagi on the school faculty and creatures finally revealed, Mitsuki walked on with her hand in Mercer's away and around from the fire pit and (still?) sleeping Yumeki towards the edge of pastures shrouded in darkness in search of little flickers of glowworm light.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
Old 01-29-2023, 04:13 PM   #92 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

Thrilling had been a descriptor Mouse would have expected, though the nerve wracking seemed a surprise. Though the more she thought about it, the more that did seem to make sense. It sent her off on a whole mental tangent of considering that the animagi form was not chosen, as Professor Paton just stated, which meant that perhaps any fears of heights or the like were not taken into consideration. Just imagine that type of a disappointment. “Were you good with heights prior?” As for learning them in reverse, well that was certainly something!

Hearing Raj agree on being more interested in the creatures as well, she smiled at him, “You think Professor Paton got any help from your dads on this?” She figured probably not considering there was a lot of creatures around the grounds and yet, having such a resource seemed like a good additional opportunity as well.

The fact that someone had recognized her vibe for the evening, as well as complimented the look, had Mouse glowing with feeling of finding a kindred spirit at the school. Particularly as the other girl, Desiree, brightened at the further mention of Beauty and the Beast. “Thank you! I will say, Wendy is probably the easiest of the Disney inspired outfits I usually go for.” A nightgown, ribbon and black flats was really all she had needed. Mouse giggled at the twirl, before clapping her hands together in applause as well. “It’s a good one to pick! I always especially liked Belle’s intelligence and her ability to not be swayed but what is a handsome face.” Supposedly, it was hard to tell on the cartoon but Gaston WAS supposed to have been quite the looker. As for her favorite? “I think it’s a toss up between Beauty and the Beast and Mulan. I’m a sucker for the independent strong female leads!” Which of course meant there were a billion others she liked a lot too. It felt nice to hear any type of a french response - Mouse not even realizing until that moment that she’d actually missed hearing her native language more. Perhaps she should write to maman more, at least be able to write and read in it still. Giggling at the question, the brunette’s head bobbed. “My parents blessed me from the beginning to be a Disney fan, apparently.” Which made sense she supposed - muggle born and all.

And now, the creatures had been released. Mouse was incredibly pleased to see bats flying above, and she watched them in fascination as she lowered herself carefully to the ground and adjusted her skirt to spread around her in a proper manner. She wished she had a way of getting a sky puppy to come to her, but she was doubtful that was an option, so instead her eyes drifted back to the earth as she took in the others slowly joining them. It was always fascinating to her to see the combinations of both magical and mundane a like, though she personally had no preference between the two. She watched as the demiguise moved about, a raccoon soon to harass a small Gryffindor for food, and didn’t at all notice the little gray ball that was sniffing curiously at her feet. It was only when whiskers tickled her skin that she glanced down, and had to repress a small laugh. “You sensed your kin, is it?” She softly spoke, lowering her hand down to rest on the grass - palm up - in case the little mouse wanted to climb into her hand.

Vera was still certain that she would have been disappointed if it had been HER, but then again Professor Paton had piqued her interest with the ‘what red pandas represent’ comment. Which she was disappointed there had been no immediate follow up! Blinking at her, the Gryffindor’s head tilted a bit to the side. “What DOES the red panda represent?” Don’t leave a girl hanging, Professor P! Though the promise of showing them her animagus form at some point had the woman entirely forgiven as Ve bounced excitedly in her seat.

WAIT. It was creature time!! The multiple times said reminder of some of the creatures being shy rang very loudly in her ears and she was trying really reaaaaally hard to curb her enthusiasm, but she was a naturally energetic soul and her instinct was to run around and try to pet as many of the critters as possible. But… that would be counter productive to her goal so instead she… forced herself to just sit. Eyes going WIDE as she took in Professor Paton’s snake, before her attention was then taken by an approaching trash panda raccoon, clearly interested in the crumbs scattered in her lap. “Hi, little guy.” She said softly as it’s came a liiiitle bit closer. She wished she had her own snack plate now so she could entice him with even more food.

She was so distracted now majority of what Logan had said had gone over her head, though she did hear about the animagus and knew it was supposed to be hard, but was surprised that was even a consideration for him. Where was that can do Gryffindor spirit? The bit about her patronus however DID get her attention, and eyes shifted over to look at him. “I still think it’ll be a basilisk. But a skunk or a slug don’t bother me that much I guess.” Did he not know she liked both of those?? Though she would absolutely still be continuing to manifest a reptile. “I think yours will be an aardvark.” She had no reasoning for this, she just did.