Professors: 12

View Points

Members

There are 848 users online including...
Holmesian Feline , Kimothy , Natashayvy , Stevendalo , Alexrut , Chelliephone

7 members
841 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster Wilber Winterbottom's Reign > Term 63: January - April 2023

Term 63: January - April 2023 Term Sixty-Three: The Calm (Sept 2109 - June 2110)

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 12-27-2022, 12:27 AM

Default The Courtyard

Image Credit: Felixir

Accessible from the castle via the Clock Tower, the courtyard is both a throughway, leading to the wooden bridge which spans the nearby ravine, and a popular area of the grounds in its own right.

Many students spend their free time here outside of classes, particularly during break or lunch. Between lessons, this area is usually crowded with students catching up with their friends, getting in a round of gobstones, or lingering under the pear tree while they wait to head to their next class. A covered cloister surrounds the paved courtyard, and stone benches are spaced throughout the covered area, as well as dotted around the courtyard itself. Much of the architecture is in the gothic style, from the arches to the gargoyle parapets.

In the middle of the courtyard is an ancient fountain flanked by stone eagle sculptures, their features somewhat worn away by the elements over the years. Feel free to make a wish and toss a coin into the fountain, but be aware that once it's gone, it's gone. Any attempts to retrieve it will be unsuccessful, as the coin will keep magically sinking out of reach. Do try to jump into the fountain; staff will take pains to rescue you, but they're unlikely to be very impressed.

An addition to the courtyard as of 2104 is a bronze plaque, hanging on a restored pillar, its cracks and missing pieces clearly visible to those who take a good look. Both the pillar and its commemorative feature have now been charmed to prevent theft. The plaque reads:

Quote:
This marks the location of the duel to the death between the Neo-Alliance leader, Lucien Rosier, and the British Minister for Magic, Charles Hollingberry, which resulted in Rosier's death. Long Live Hollingberry! May 10, 2104.
Old 02-26-2023, 08:19 PM   #26 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Minnie Mouse! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
It was good he found her muggle references entertaining, because Mouse's personality was probably about 80%-90% of them. But mainly still Disney, which was for every age if you asked her - even if made specifically for small children. "There were episodes I liked, but I think I honestly preferred the merchandise of the characters than the show itself." She had the snuggliest eeyore sweater that was probably one of her favorites. "It sounds really nice! To be so close with all of them!" Ready made friends is what Jude and his siblings made having a brother and sister look like, and not at all like rivalries or people to just tolerate like she'd seen others. As for the question about her own mother? Mouse's smile dropped the slightest bit but she tried to not show it too much. "She's okay, I think. It doesn't seem like she's too upset by her new circumstances." Angry, sure, which made her difficult to talk to at times but... could anyone really blame her?

Thankfully there would be nothing for Jude to ever film, because unlike Tiana having changed her mind in Princess and the Frog - Mouse would very much so NOT be doing so. "I'm glad he's glad about it. He's been the silver lining." And meeting Jude too now. And maybe there would be more later too, she just wasn't open to seeing them yet. "Multiple opinions never hurt!" As long as Jude did what he felt was best for his situation at the end - which she had no doubt he would. "Thank you. It'll be good to at least give him clarity on that. I'm sure he never knew why my parents suddenly were so reclusive."

Disney may be for children but certain adults, Jude included, were children at heart. Besides, Disney stuff held a special place in his heart because of the number of times he and his sisters had spent having sleepovers in each other's rooms and watching the movies. Mouse liked merchandise. Jude stuck this detail in his brain for when he went present hunting for her. Hey, she was a staple in his life now, right? It was fitting that she be added to his ‘present’ list. “Collecting merch is definitely something worth doing.” Jude did that with music band merch. “It really is. Even Koen, who’s about twelve years older than I am, is close with us. He stops by at home when he’s not on tour with the band or busy doing domestic stuff with his wife.” The Hufflepuff noted the way Mouse’s smile dipped, and was almost sorry about bringing up her mother. Almost. “She’ll adjust and forget about everything else,’’ he assured, reaching out to pat his friend’s hand. “It'll all work out, trust me.”

Jude was just glad to have Mouse here. Because he did hear about her well before she moved to the UK and he had liked her since then. He bobbed his head. That was true: multiple opinions would be good but not TOO much, you know? Just the persons’ who were close to him. “It’ll all make sense to him now at least. And he won’t have to worry about you going away again, I guess.” He eyed her. She wasn’t going anywhere, was she?

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 03-15-2023, 10:30 PM   #27 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Mouse was pretty certain she was never going to be fully grown up. She enjoyed the 'childish' categorized things in life too much - like animated films. Which was silly anyways that it was categorized as being for kids, was animation not artwork?? Wasn't that something that could be appreciated all? But that was a soapboax she could stand on all day, and who had the time. "I'm pretty sure the amount of trinkets in my room drives poor maman crazy." So merchandise collecting wasn't ALWAYS good. Though that's why she tried to keep it limited to mainly clothing - multiple purpose. "Touring for a band sounds like a very exciting lifestyle! Have you ever gotten to go on tour with him?" Domestic things sounded like it's own excitement too, though perhaps that was just her inner romantic rearing it's head. Which how she could have notions of considering her parents current predicaments... Well.. at least one was happy and in love, she supposed? "She will. She's strong. I just.. worry. With me leaving she's all alone, but she also wouldn't let me stay." She didn't want her to see her in a 'weak' stage, though her concern about that was absolutely unnecessary and ridiculous in Mouse's eyes. "It'll be fine though, like you said." Time heals all things, right?

She caught the eying and gave a small laugh, before her head nodded in assurance. "I will not be going anywhere now." She'd travel a lot still, see Maman and all the places she hadn't gotten to before. But that would be for after school, and she'd be able to keep in constant contact this time. "I imagine he'll be more excited that you won't be. Given your impending graduation."

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Old 03-22-2023, 12:14 AM   #28 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Minnie Mouse! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
Mouse was pretty certain she was never going to be fully grown up. She enjoyed the 'childish' categorized things in life too much - like animated films. Which was silly anyways that it was categorized as being for kids, was animation not artwork?? Wasn't that something that could be appreciated all? But that was a soapboax she could stand on all day, and who had the time. "I'm pretty sure the amount of trinkets in my room drives poor maman crazy." So merchandise collecting wasn't ALWAYS good. Though that's why she tried to keep it limited to mainly clothing - multiple purpose. "Touring for a band sounds like a very exciting lifestyle! Have you ever gotten to go on tour with him?" Domestic things sounded like it's own excitement too, though perhaps that was just her inner romantic rearing it's head. Which how she could have notions of considering her parents current predicaments... Well.. at least one was happy and in love, she supposed? "She will. She's strong. I just.. worry. With me leaving she's all alone, but she also wouldn't let me stay." She didn't want her to see her in a 'weak' stage, though her concern about that was absolutely unnecessary and ridiculous in Mouse's eyes. "It'll be fine though, like you said." Time heals all things, right?

She caught the eying and gave a small laugh, before her head nodded in assurance. "I will not be going anywhere now." She'd travel a lot still, see Maman and all the places she hadn't gotten to before. But that would be for after school, and she'd be able to keep in constant contact this time. "I imagine he'll be more excited that you won't be. Given your impending graduation."

If Mouse ever wanted a buddy that never would fully be grown up, then it could be him. They could be like Peter Pan and never, ever grow up! Jude laughed. “I guess this means she’s constantly bugging you to give a few away.” Wasn’t that something mothers do? Attempt to nudge their children into doing away with precious trinkets? “I expect it is! Aside from being tired from all the hard work of performing on stage for hours at a time.” This was something he’d be doing soon enough, though. “Nope, but I’ve been to tons of the band’s shows. You can come along with me the next time if you want! You wouldn’t regret a second!” The lights, the music, the ENERGY!!! There was so much to love about a rock show! “That’s not surprising. She just wants you to have a normal teen life as possible, I reckon. Maybe you two can do something together during the next holiday break.” There was nothing quite as precious as bonding time.

Jude felt better when Mouse assured that she wasn’t going anywhere. It wasn’t until then that he understood how much he wanted her and Davet to have much time together since they had lost so much being apart already. A slow grin spread across his face. “I hope so. I know I’m quite looking forward to seeing him everyday for a change. Apparition makes it all so easy.” Easy it shall be to Apparate to WADA and back.

At that moment, Ned got to his feet and proceeded to stretch. “I think someone’s ready for a snack… yep, there he goes.” Ned had hopped off the bench and was beelining for the Castle. “I guess I’d better go get him fed, Mouse. Catch you tomorrow for our dance date!” He himself stood and stretched a bit, though not as gracefully as Ned. Jude gave his friend a smile then ran to catch up with his furbaby.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺