sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1210 users online including...
Kayleetk , Pierrelub , Mutunsutt , Stevendalo

5 members
1205 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster Wilber Winterbottom's Reign > Term 63: January - April 2023

Term 63: January - April 2023 Term Sixty-Three: The Calm (Sept 2109 - June 2110)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2022, 01:54 PM

Default Music Classroom

Upon entering this large classroom, it is very obvious what its purpose is. This room is dedicated to teaching Muggle and Wizard Music and is used by members of both the Frog Choir and Orchestra. Instrument cases of all shapes and sizes as well as rows of music stands with accompanying stools fill the inside of this room. In the front, a conductor's stand is positioned in between a polished black piano and a complete drum set.

For many at Hogwarts, students and adults alike, this is one of their favourite places inside the castle. At various hours throughout the day, wonderful music is made and you get to take a break from anything overly theoretical and hone your musical talents. Fortunately for those in Transfiguration or in other parts of the castle, your marvelous melodies cannot disturb them for the room is completely soundproof. So play as loud as you want! This space can also be reserved after scheduled class hours if you and your friends have formed a band and need somewhere appropriate to practice.
Old 01-07-2023, 09:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default Shan/Lisa <3
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

The Music Room was definitely Jude’s favourite spot at Hogwarts. It’s where he came to unwind, to practice, to daydream, to listen to others play their own music… yep, he was going to miss this Room. It had been a long week {in his opinion} and what better way for him to groove into the first weekend of the term by playing the piano? It was quite lucky for him that said piano was unoccupied at the moment.

Bag unslung from around his shoulder, it was set down at the foot of the small bench before the piano. Jude flopped himself down on the bench then ran his fingers along the keys of the piano. How he adored playing this instrument! He thought for a bit about which song to work with first, finally deciding on the song he had recently helped Koen right. This was only the second piece of music he had written {the first to have co-written, in this case} but he was now thinking of adding ‘songwriter’ to his list of career aspirations. So ambitious he was. How had the Sorting Hat not place him in Slytherin?

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 01-07-2023, 11:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
The Music Room was definitely Jude’s favourite spot at Hogwarts. It’s where he came to unwind, to practice, to daydream, to listen to others play their own music… yep, he was going to miss this Room. It had been a long week {in his opinion} and what better way for him to groove into the first weekend of the term by playing the piano? It was quite lucky for him that said piano was unoccupied at the moment.

Bag unslung from around his shoulder, it was set down at the foot of the small bench before the piano. Jude flopped himself down on the bench then ran his fingers along the keys of the piano. How he adored playing this instrument! He thought for a bit about which song to work with first, finally deciding on the song he had recently helped Koen right. This was only the second piece of music he had written {the first to have co-written, in this case} but he was now thinking of adding ‘songwriter’ to his list of career aspirations. So ambitious he was. How had the Sorting Hat not place him in Slytherin?
After an unsuccessful practice session in the Spare Office the other day, Lisa decided to venture around a different part of the school. Maybe drawing inspiration from art or music could help distract her from her failed efforts? Maybe she could be alone in the art room?

Unfortunately the art room had been busy so she continued her journey towards the music classroom.

She rounded the corner to see the Music classroom’s door close. Lisa was about to turn around but she stopped herself. Maybe… maybe being alone in her thoughts would only make it worse. Learning spells quickly was a way to distract herself from missing her siblings so maybe this would be good for her. Besides, maybe she knew the person. Curiosity got the Ravenclaw. She quickened her pace and opened the door to find a familiar Hufflepuff. He, too, must have felt a little strange without her brother here. They two were best friends.

Hey Jude,” she sang in greeting with the widest grin before she ran over to give him a hug.
Old 01-10-2023, 02:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Baby Nam <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson View Post
After an unsuccessful practice session in the Spare Office the other day, Lisa decided to venture around a different part of the school. Maybe drawing inspiration from art or music could help distract her from her failed efforts? Maybe she could be alone in the art room?

Unfortunately the art room had been busy so she continued her journey towards the music classroom.

She rounded the corner to see the Music classroom’s door close. Lisa was about to turn around but she stopped herself. Maybe… maybe being alone in her thoughts would only make it worse. Learning spells quickly was a way to distract herself from missing her siblings so maybe this would be good for her. Besides, maybe she knew the person. Curiosity got the Ravenclaw. She quickened her pace and opened the door to find a familiar Hufflepuff. He, too, must have felt a little strange without her brother here. They two were best friends.

Hey Jude,” she sang in greeting with the widest grin before she ran over to give him a hug.

To answer his own unasked question, he would not have been Sorted into Slytherin because Jude hadn’t the ounce of thirst to prove himself. He was simply happy to be living and living life as it came {even if there were goals that he hoped to achieve}. As it was, at the moment, the Hufflepuff was all wrapped up in the song and his thoughts were on his brother. Ko seemed much happier since being married and in turn, Jude was happy for him. For them.

He was jolted back to the real world {not rudely} by the greeting and the arms around him. Jude already knew who it was even before he tore his gaze away from the piano keys. “Hi, Lisa!’’ His face had lit up the moment it clicked in his brain that this was Lisa here. Jude managed to give her a one armed hug, lightly bumping his head against hers. “Here, come sit with me.” The bench was big enough for both of them if he scooched over a bit. “How’s it going with you? You up to anything in particular this afternoon?”

Old 01-11-2023, 02:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

SPOILER!!: best friend’s brother!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post

To answer his own unasked question, he would not have been Sorted into Slytherin because Jude hadn’t the ounce of thirst to prove himself. He was simply happy to be living and living life as it came {even if there were goals that he hoped to achieve}. As it was, at the moment, the Hufflepuff was all wrapped up in the song and his thoughts were on his brother. Ko seemed much happier since being married and in turn, Jude was happy for him. For them.

He was jolted back to the real world {not rudely} by the greeting and the arms around him. Jude already knew who it was even before he tore his gaze away from the piano keys. “Hi, Lisa!’’ His face had lit up the moment it clicked in his brain that this was Lisa here. Jude managed to give her a one armed hug, lightly bumping his head against hers. “Here, come sit with me.” The bench was big enough for both of them if he scooched over a bit. “How’s it going with you? You up to anything in particular this afternoon?”

Hugging Jude reminded her of Evan right away. Jude was her friend too but Evan and Jude were epic. They were best friends and she had always known them to be inseparable for most of her childhood. She grinned, releasing him from the hug before going to sit next to him on the piano bench. “Thanks,” she said as she looked up at him. Had he grown taller or was she shrinking? “Are you still growing? I feel like you’re taller than me again.” A play whine escaped her lips.

Ah, right. Yes. He had asked a question. “Things are well… I’m taking a break from practicing non-verbals… It’s more challenging than textbooks would care to admit,” she chuckled. “What about you? What’s new, seventh year sir?
Old 01-13-2023, 01:19 AM   #6 (permalink)

DMAC
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maisey Wilde
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBA?
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Dahlia Blaze
Accidents & Catastrophes
x5
Default For Astrid/Brandon
❅ Purple Lightsaber ❅| | Captain Sarcastic |

It only took Maisey one day to find this room. She was on her way back from the owlery after sending off a letter to her parents the first day there. She seen an older student go into the room with what looked like a cello case. In either or both a burst of curiosity and excitement she followed said older student into the room. As a possible fellow cello player herself she had to meet this other person.

This room was already one of her favorite rooms in the whole castle. She headed up to the room to day with her cello. Taking a seat in the middle of the first row of chairs she took her sheet music out and put it on the stand, and took her cello and bow out of the case. She started with some warm up scales first. Needing a way to wind down for the day. She figured that was the best way to go. Scales.

You are Bread!
Old 01-13-2023, 01:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

Brandon had never enjoyed playing the violin when he was living with his family. He loved the violin, and he loved being good, but he hated the harsh presence of his violin tutor(by far the worst non-father tutor he had). He hated every time he was told to play for his father. Brandon had always tried to avoid the two of them and the violin. But now that he was at Hogwarts, he was feeling the need to play. He really did love the violin, and was glad for a safe and comfortable place to play it.

He headed to the music room with his violin, wanting to practice by himself. But... it was busy with a cello player. He didn't want to interrupt. He wasn't much of an interrupter. Quietly, he set up his things and started playing the scales with her. This way he could still practice, without being in the way.
Old 01-15-2023, 03:59 AM   #8 (permalink)

DMAC
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maisey Wilde
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBA?
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Dahlia Blaze
Accidents & Catastrophes
x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
Brandon had never enjoyed playing the violin when he was living with his family. He loved the violin, and he loved being good, but he hated the harsh presence of his violin tutor(by far the worst non-father tutor he had). He hated every time he was told to play for his father. Brandon had always tried to avoid the two of them and the violin. But now that he was at Hogwarts, he was feeling the need to play. He really did love the violin, and was glad for a safe and comfortable place to play it.

He headed to the music room with his violin, wanting to practice by himself. But... it was busy with a cello player. He didn't want to interrupt. He wasn't much of an interrupter. Quietly, he set up his things and started playing the scales with her. This way he could still practice, without being in the way.
Maisey always had a one track mind, but behind the bow of her cello that was the only thing she had on her mind. A meteor could have come crashing into the room and she wouldn’t have broken her playing. She would go down with her ship still playing to the end. The only thing that could break that though was the sound of another instrument joining hers. A violin. She didn’t stop playing but she craned her neck to see who it was.

She finished one last round of scales, turning around and placing the bow on the sheet music stand, ”I didn’t know you played an instrument too.” She smiled at the hufflepuff, Brandon she knew his name but they hadn’t officially met yet.

You are Bread!
Old 01-15-2023, 05:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

Brandon smiled apologetically as Maisey set down her bow. "It would be strange if you did, wouldn't it? After all, we haven't really met yet, and it's not like I'm a famous violin player with an advertisement team." He laughed, putting his instrument into a perfect resting position by habit... then he just put down his bow. He relaxed a little too. No need to sit so straight, no need to hold his violin so properly as if relaxing was the end of the world. It wasn't, not here. And the constant tension made him look out of place. "I didn't know you were a cello player either."
Old 01-15-2023, 04:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Cutie! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson View Post
Hugging Jude reminded her of Evan right away. Jude was her friend too but Evan and Jude were epic. They were best friends and she had always known them to be inseparable for most of her childhood. She grinned, releasing him from the hug before going to sit next to him on the piano bench. “Thanks,” she said as she looked up at him. Had he grown taller or was she shrinking? “Are you still growing? I feel like you’re taller than me again.” A play whine escaped her lips.

Ah, right. Yes. He had asked a question. “Things are well… I’m taking a break from practicing non-verbals… It’s more challenging than textbooks would care to admit,” she chuckled. “What about you? What’s new, seventh year sir?

It was a huge compliment to him, for Lisa to be reminded of Evan in his presence. He knew she was the one person who would fully understand how much he missed her brother, if he chose to bring that up. Part of him also didn’t want to because of that old insecurity - the one where he was afraid Evan would find someone he liked more as a best friend. “No problem!” Jude laughed heartily, tilting his head to bump it light against Lisa’s. “You’re definitely shrinking. Now you’re a ‘little lady’ now!”

“I guess the authors thought that we’d figure that out when the time came to practice it. Have you made any sort of progress though?” Jude was actually very sorry he couldn’t be of any help in that department. He was actually crap at nonverbals. In any case, his focus was more on the Patronus Charm and Apparition. The Hufflepuff pouted in playfulness at the reminder of being a seventh year. “I’m one step closer to leaving this place. Sadly. That’s new. I shall miss it a great deal, I think. And you, naturally.”

Old 01-16-2023, 03:01 AM   #11 (permalink)

DMAC
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maisey Wilde
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBA?
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Dahlia Blaze
Accidents & Catastrophes
x5

loved sharing common(ish) hobbies with others, it felt like it meant that someone understood her, got her you know. She got up and moved closer to him. She really didn’t like having to yell across… almost across the room to him. She laughed, imagine meeting a violin prodigy here. ”Yeah, I suppose that would be weird, since we haven't officially met yet. I’m Maisey.” She added, with a smile. She tilted her head for just a moment. ”Yeah, I do. Have since I was 5 years old. My parents thought I needed something to do.” She shrugged, she DID enjoy it but her parents thought she should get out some more or whatever. They probably regret that idea, the slytherin was a social butterfly now and a total big mouth and always full of questions. Since arriving here her questions had only doubled if not tripled. ”How long have you played?” Trying not to bombard the Hufflepuff with questions about violins and him.

You are Bread!
Old 01-18-2023, 01:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

"Brandon Fox. Pleasure to meet you, Maisey." He smiled as she moved to sit with him, which he took as a friendly sign. "You must be good then, right? If you've been playing for six years." He was impressed. Sticking with something that long wasn't easy. He hadn't had any choice in playing the violin, which was probably why he still played. He'd started to like the instrument. "I've only played since I was eight. But I had to practice all the time so I'm pretty good, I guess." Plus, the threat of punishment on the other end had been motivating. "What do you like about the cello? Outside of your parents making you do it, of course."
Old 01-24-2023, 04:19 PM   #13 (permalink)

DMAC
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maisey Wilde
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBA?
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Dahlia Blaze
Accidents & Catastrophes
x5

Maisey just beamed at Brandon, like one of the boys who was in her class at the muggle primary school she used to go to. That would be easy to remember then. The first year didn’t like to brag, if she wanted to toot her own horn she would have chosen to the trumpet or better yet the trombone. ”I guess I’m as good as anyone else who has been playing that long.” She nodded quickly. ”You sounded amazing.” Maybe she should take some lessons from him sometime, if that was okay with him too. ”Oh… there’s just something about the way it sounds when you play it. It’s a nice mix in between a violin and a guitar.” That was really the best way to describe the cello right? At least for her.

You are Bread!
Old 01-28-2023, 09:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

Brandon smiled a little. He didn't really sound AMAZING. But he was pretty good, and he liked to be appreciated. "Thank you," he said politely. "Cellos sound really beautiful. String instruments in general are just so good." Maybe he should have tried the cello, although it was a little late for that when he'd already been focused on violin. "What are your other hobbies?" Assuming that she had other hobbies. It would be awkward if she didn't, since he'd just assumed. Maybe it was a good assumption, though? He didn't know anyone who only liked one thing.
Old 01-30-2023, 01:19 AM   #15 (permalink)

DMAC
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maisey Wilde
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBA?
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Dahlia Blaze
Accidents & Catastrophes
x5

Maisey smiled warmly. She liked Brandon, he was nice guy. "You're welcome." She really did think he sounded amazing playing the volin. She nodded, "Yes, All the strings sound the best." She was totally being unbiased there, she promised. "I like making stuff... doing arts and crafts, drawing, and I like kicking a football around with my younger brother." He played football, she mostly watched him, he was the athlete of the family when it came to football anyway. "What about you, Brandon other hobbies?"

You are Bread!
Old 02-05-2023, 04:22 AM   #16 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

Brandon's smile widened as Maisey's did. He was very in tune with other people's expressions and body language, and hers made him relaxed. "I agree! However, I also really appreciate woodwinds, and I love the piano's sound. Is a piano a string instrument or percussion or both? Has anyone figured that out yet?" Oh, and Brandon liked vocals too. Regulus had recently introduced him to some new music, and he was still going through it. "That's great! Arts and physical activity are very good hobbies to have." Apparently, they were good for your health. Brandon thought a lot about HEALTH and how one would go about living a healthy life. Or help someone else live one. But those were all his private thoughts and wonderings. "I like swimming, ballet, reading, poetry, animals, hair braiding, and taking care of people. That's a lot, I know..." He looked awkwardly at his feet. This was around the point where people started to make fun of his hobbies. Not that he expected Maisey to. But he never knew when to expect it and when not to.
Old 02-26-2023, 11:22 PM   #17 (permalink)

DMAC
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maisey Wilde
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBA?
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Dahlia Blaze
Accidents & Catastrophes
x5

Her smile softened, she really did love meeting new people and making friends, learning about others likes, and dislikes and just learning about their mannerisms, and them in general. ”Oh woodwinds are beautiful, are they not? I almost picked up the clarinet.” Well she did, but then she seen the cello and that was it. ’One of the age old questions, I’d say both but it’s the calmest of the percussion if it is a percussion instrument.” Seriously though all the other percussion instruments were a series of bang boom crash cling. Not soothing at all. She listened to Brandon as he told her his hobbies. She clinged to every word, seeming like a pretty well rounded person. She liked that. ”Oh, I’d love for you to braid my hair sometime. Those are all fun things to be interested in. I’d think I’d like to be a healer, or maybe a nurse like my mum.” Though now that she was apart of this magical world, healer seemed like a great idea.

You are Bread!