sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1060 users online including...
Nicholasje , Yaya , tury_kolskiy_frEa

3 members
1057 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 54: January - April 2020

Term 54: January - April 2020 Term fifty-four: A Lesson in History (Sept 2100 - June 2101)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2018, 01:03 PM

Default Fifth-Floor Corridor

To some the fifth-floor corridor is arguably home to the more interesting corridors at Hogwarts. While it too is decorated with long carpets and various portraits, the statues are just as memorable as the unique nooks and crannies that can be found here. Each of the doors look identical and are evenly spaced out, which can make finding certain rooms difficult. Hopefully that doesn't make you late to Ancient Runes. You know that won't go over well.

In the event that you have some spare time on your hands, do allow yourself to freely wander about -- just don't get lost like Boris the Bewildered. Roaming around, you will see that this particular corridor goes around The Quad and that there is a balcony overlooking the inside of the Clock Tower. Deeper into the fifth floor a casual reading lounge, a storeroom, and an upper hall can be found in addition to Classroom 5B, fondly known for being the headquarters for the Wizard Card Collectors' Club. With a keen eye, who knows what you will find on this floor of the castle!
Old 01-15-2020, 03:27 AM   #2 (permalink)

MO
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Elias Inkwell
First Year
x7
Snake disguised as Raven Browncoat

It was one of those days, where Elias liked to just wander about and marvel at the fact that yes, his school this year was a castle. An actual, honest-to-goodness castle, filled with paintings and statues and suits of armor that were all much too big for him (for now, anyway). Not that he'd tell anyone else this, but he was still trying to get his bearings in Hogwarts. It wasn't so much that he didn't know how to get places -- he did -- it was that he was having trouble speaking wizard to the other witches and wizards. They seemed to know so much about so many things, having grown up with them, but other than in Muggle Studies Elias didn't seem to impress anyone with anything. At times it was all he could do to keep his face from looking like Boris the Bewildered.
Old 01-15-2020, 03:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwinder View Post
It was one of those days, where Elias liked to just wander about and marvel at the fact that yes, his school this year was a castle. An actual, honest-to-goodness castle, filled with paintings and statues and suits of armor that were all much too big for him (for now, anyway). Not that he'd tell anyone else this, but he was still trying to get his bearings in Hogwarts. It wasn't so much that he didn't know how to get places -- he did -- it was that he was having trouble speaking wizard to the other witches and wizards. They seemed to know so much about so many things, having grown up with them, but other than in Muggle Studies Elias didn't seem to impress anyone with anything. At times it was all he could do to keep his face from looking like Boris the Bewildered.
Bernie had SEVERAL chocolate frog cards that she needed to check against the collection on this floor, but the problem was that she could not remember which room the collection was in? She could have SWORN there was a five in the room number, but apparently some evil genius had decided that all floors on this level should have a five in them, and some other genius had determined that room numbers should also come with a letter, and so here she was, in the middle of the floor, confused and perplexed and also looking a bit like Boris the Bewildered.

"Oh hi, Elias," she greeted the Ravenclaw as she passed by him and the statue of their doppelgänger. Hadn't she just walked past here???? Why didn't a map of this school come with their welcome letter, hmm? Would that be too Muggle a request for next year????

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind
Old 01-15-2020, 03:43 AM   #4 (permalink)

MO
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Elias Inkwell
First Year
x7
Default Woo, lookit you with the accent over the a. Fancy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post

Bernie had SEVERAL chocolate frog cards that she needed to check against the collection on this floor, but the problem was that she could not remember which room the collection was in? She could have SWORN there was a five in the room number, but apparently some evil genius had decided that all floors on this level should have a five in them, and some other genius had determined that room numbers should also come with a letter, and so here she was, in the middle of the floor, confused and perplexed and also looking a bit like Boris the Bewildered.

"Oh hi, Elias," she greeted the Ravenclaw as she passed by him and the statue of their doppelgänger. Hadn't she just walked past here???? Why didn't a map of this school come with their welcome letter, hmm? Would that be too Muggle a request for next year????
"Hey." Elias went to keep walking, and then stopped and turned. Hadn't he actually seen Bernie walking around here earlier? He was probably mistaken, what with the people in the portraits sauntering hither and yon with no real purpose, but maybe?

For lack of anything better to do, he fell into step with her, "What are you up to?"
Old 01-16-2020, 03:41 AM   #5 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default Thx, I löve the ümlaut a löt
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwinder View Post
"Hey." Elias went to keep walking, and then stopped and turned. Hadn't he actually seen Bernie walking around here earlier? He was probably mistaken, what with the people in the portraits sauntering hither and yon with no real purpose, but maybe?

For lack of anything better to do, he fell into step with her, "What are you up to?"
Bernadette didn't say anything as Elias fell into step with her; she was still anxiously checking each room as she passed it for the one that was supposedly 5B. "Well," she explained as she passed by 5C, "I'm trying to find the collection of wizarding cards, to compare mine to, like to see if my new ones are rare?" The second year took a breath and let it out with a swear as she walked past a SECOND door labeled 5C.

"BUT I CAN'T BLOODY FIND IT!!!" She stopped dead and just stared at Elias, as though remembering something, and not about the chocolate frog cards in her hand. "Weren't we supposed to go hunting? For boggarts?"

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind
Old 01-16-2020, 03:53 AM   #6 (permalink)

MO
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Elias Inkwell
First Year
x7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post

Bernadette didn't say anything as Elias fell into step with her; she was still anxiously checking each room as she passed it for the one that was supposedly 5B. "Well," she explained as she passed by 5C, "I'm trying to find the collection of wizarding cards, to compare mine to, like to see if my new ones are rare?" The second year took a breath and let it out with a swear as she walked past a SECOND door labeled 5C.

"BUT I CAN'T BLOODY FIND IT!!!" She stopped dead and just stared at Elias, as though remembering something, and not about the chocolate frog cards in her hand. "Weren't we supposed to go hunting? For boggarts?"
"Oh, right." He sort of remembered her wizarding card from the train, but hadn't read it over or anything. He remembered his father saying something about collecting baseball cards when he was a boy, but Elias had disappointed Mr. Inkwell by showing no inclination towards that whatsoever. "They have a complete set he--?"

O__O

...she did a swear. So cool.

Not quite sure why he was relieved that she'd changed the topic of conversation, but relieved all the same, he tipped his head and attempted to remove the startled expression from his face, "We talked about it. On the boat. D'you think we could find any?"

Last edited by Ashwinder; 01-16-2020 at 03:54 AM. Reason: topic. singular.
Old 01-16-2020, 04:10 AM   #7 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries

Right, she could tell he wasn't as into collecting wizard artifacts as she was. The cards moved though and they came with candy. It was like someone was trying to market Chocolate Frogs just to her.

Enough about that. Bernie pocketed her cards and sighed, totally nonchalant about her own pottymouth. She'd heard Godric Gryffindor himself cuss so it was fiiiiiine. "That's right. Sorry for being slow to get back to you.... they made me scrub the boats in detention for that." No big deal though; she'd survived. Bernie whipped out her wand, ready to go hunt some boggarts. "Bet we could. Let's go find some. They're probably in a dark hidey hole type of area." Not out here in the well-lit corridor.

Old 01-16-2020, 04:25 AM   #8 (permalink)

MO
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Elias Inkwell
First Year
x7

"You got detention?" Elias wrinkled his nose. Why would they give her detention for taking a boat ride, when she'd never had a boat ride? That didn't make any sense to him, but he shrugged, "Well, and who cares anyway? I bet we'll both get loads of detentions while we're here, but now you have the memory of coming to Hogwarts in a boat, and you wouldn't have it otherwise, so."

So. What was more important? The memory of coming around the corner of a bunch of trees and seeing the castle lit up at night, all reflecting and awesome in the water, with everyone sitting in their boats staring up at it gobsmacked without having to worry about being teased for looking gobsmacked... or the memory of one piffling little detention? Easy choice, in his mind.

Elias decided to follow her lead, and not because she was a second year and a Gryffindor and he was a first year and a Ravenclaw, but because... well, no, he couldn't say she knew her way around better, since she couldn't find a stationary room... okay, fine, it was because she was a second year and a Gryffindor, "Where d'you think a dark hidey hole area is?"
Old 01-16-2020, 02:02 PM   #9 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries

"Yeah, I know." Tell her about it. She'd given this exact excuse to the professors but nooooooooo, Bernie had been labeled as a rule-breaker from the start, so that's how she got treated here.

She continued down the corridor, thinking about everything she knew about boggarts, and was suddenly struck by an idea. "What about the Room of Requirement? It's supposed to show us whatever we require, and if we require boggarts...." Elias would get it. He was a Ravenclaw. Now, as to how to find the Room of Requirement... well, Hufflepuffs were good at finding things. Did she know any Hufflepuffs?

Old 01-16-2020, 07:16 PM   #10 (permalink)

MO
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Elias Inkwell
First Year
x7

Elias had exactly zero clue what the Room of Requirement was, but of course his immediate assumption was that it was a magical room that gave you what you wanted. Hogwarts seemed, among other things, to be the kind of place that called things exactly what they were. Quite helpful, that.

"That sounds like a marvy idea. Where is it?"

The words were out of his mouth before he remembered that Bernie wasn't good at finding rooms. Hmm.

"Is there a map of the school anywhere? That'd help."
Old 01-17-2020, 10:46 PM   #11 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries

Where is it? Ha. That was the question of the day. Bernie had never gotten this lost at Beauxbatons, not with all the exploring and journaling she'd done. Maybe she should be making a map of Hogwarts instead of running around looking for chocolate frog cards. "Heck if I know," Bernie shrugged. "I've seen it in my books, though. I might even have the right one in my bag."

She paused to dig around in the brown messenger bag hanging from her shoulder. She found Hogwarts, a History and handed it to Elias. "I've walked up and down this floor and I don't think it's on this one."
Old 01-18-2020, 01:04 AM   #12 (permalink)

MO
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Elias Inkwell
First Year
x7

Hogwarts, A History was... a rather more substantial volume than Elias had anticipated. Seemed like whomesoever had written the book hadn't even considered, for the briefest moment, skimping on details. Not entirely able to stop the sigh that trickled out of him, Elias took the book and flipped to the back... where he did not discover anything remotely like an index. A book of this size needed to have an index. It should have been a law.

"You've got to be kidding me," he muttered, flipping back to the front to check for a... yes, it did have a Table of Contents, but this was unhelpfully organized by Era. Who really cared about the Rise and Fall of Voldemort? That was like, forever ago. Elias' gran hadn't even been alive then.

"This book needs to have a Control + F," he informed Bernie, sounding peevish but hoping she knew it wasn't aimed At Her. "We should make up a charm for that. 'Control F, find me Room of Requirement.' Would be so helpful..."
Old 01-18-2020, 04:49 PM   #13 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries

Look at that... Elias had been sorted into the right house after all, because he knew how to use a book! Ha! Bernie's mouth twitched at this thought but she, wisely, didn't say it, because she did want him to use his book smarts to find the Room of Requirement for them.

And..... Muggle reference for the win! "Hehe, it's not a PDF," the second year replied with a grin. Hang on, they had magic. "There IS a spell like that though," she mused, pulling out a different book from her bag. This one, she flipped through. "If we can find the right floor, we can like, use a charm to find the right door where this room would be...." It was just like control + F. Why hadn't she thought of this earlier?!

Old 01-19-2020, 03:15 AM   #14 (permalink)

MO
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Elias Inkwell
First Year
x7

Because she hadn't had Elias along to offer his wise and genius council, obviously.

Elias moved to stand beside Bernie, watching her flip through this new book to find the spell that definitely wasn't the spell he'd been thinking of, but still sounded useful. Looked like there was still a chance he could make it up himself and patent it. His mum was always talking about patents.

"Do we even have to know the floor? There are only seven. Why don't we just start casting it and if it doesn't work, go to a different floor?" He'd already closed Hogwarts, A History and everything. Be a shame to have to open it up again, right?
Old 01-19-2020, 11:02 PM   #15 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default Elias needs to come to class w/Bernie to offer his wise and genius council there :3

Hmm, he had a point. "Well we could start at the top floor and work our way down," Bernie suggested, tapping the page of the book as she thought. "There's this revelio spell, which reveals hidden things, like secret rooms, and there's the summoning spell..."

She wasn't sure if either of those were going to be helpful in their quest to find a Room of Requirement filled with boggarts, but she also didn't have a better idea. Bernie side-eyed Elias. He'd closed Hogwarts, a History already, hmm. "Know any other charms?"

Old 01-20-2020, 04:59 AM   #16 (permalink)

MO
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Elias Inkwell
First Year
x7
Default Which class? Aren't there like... fifty going on right now? :S

"Pff, no." Elias may have been under the impression that being a first year gave him license to not have studied anything prior to school starting. And now that school was up and running... well, he'd catch up eventually.

"We don't want to summon the room to us. I mean, could we even do that? How would that work?" Elias had images of a giant brick box rumbling towards them, knocking portraits off walls and flattening students as it went. Which would actually be pretty cool. Which would definitely not be a good thing.

"Top floor it is! Unless you want to use that revelio spell to find the card room?" Since they were already on this floor where it apparently was, and all.
Old 01-20-2020, 07:36 PM   #17 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default there's three :3 come to the next one! also... next post 7th floor?

Alright then, that was settled. Bernie closed her book with a small, "Pff," which sounded just like Elias. "I dunno? Let's just head upstairs and try it." She shook her head at his offer to try it here. "Nah, I'm too fed up with cards to find it now. Plus, I wanna stop wasting time and start finding BOGGARTS!"

Come on, Ravenclaw! She shoved her books in her bag and took off down the corridor at a skip, not waiting to see if her friend was tagging along or not. She just knew he was.