sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1169 users online including...
Nymphadoraliz , Shawntzs , Stevendalo , Antoniobjl , Antoniodmz , Antonioqum

6 members
1163 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Diagon Alley Archive

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2018, 06:00 PM

Default Eeylops Owl Emporium

Eeylops Owl Emporium strives to provide witches and wizards, young and old, with the necessities required to properly look after an owl, whether that be with packets of food or just a cage. Once you enter through the door you enter a world of chirping birds and rows upon rows of owls, ranging from the adorable tawny owl to the unique screech owl. Big or small, cute or ugly, quiet or obnoxious, each one would like a caring and loving home.

On either side of the rows of caged owls, adorning the walls are shelves. These shelves hold all of the things under the sun that you could ever what for your owl. Lining the first set of shelves are many jars of weird looking insects, ranging from stick insects to your plain ordinary green fly. The owls will eat any of these insects, so take your pick and buy as many as you want. Above the insect jars are an assortmert of boxes all holding different sized packets of owl pellets. These are fun-sized little bits of food that are perfect for an owl. Dotted along either side of the shop, alongside the shelves are big boxes, contain an assortment of little cuddly toys and other little trinkets that will allow you to care for your owls every need.

Toward the back of the shop, a straight line from the door, where the shopkeeper is waiting to assist you. As you reach the back you notice that, like the rest of the shop, it looks old fashioned, maybe a bit rustic, but don't criticize for the shopkeeper loves their shop just as much as anything. When you're ready to cash out, go ahead, wait in line, and you'll be ready to leave with your new owl in no time at all.

Text Cut: Inventory

This shop is NOT STAFFED and has a NPC shopkeeper.
Old 12-16-2018, 03:58 AM   #2 (permalink)

DMAC
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maisey Wilde
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBA?
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Dahlia Blaze
Accidents & Catastrophes
x5
Default Open post
❅ Purple Lightsaber ❅| | Captain Sarcastic |

Today was a big BIG day for Harper, she was getting two important things today first her wand, and an owl. It had taken a lot of convincing her parents for the owl. But her persistants finally paid off and she was going to get an owl.

HER OWN OWL.

Not the one her parents use but one that she could take to school with her. One that she had promised she would use to write letters home everyday. Not only was she getting an owl, she was shopping for one all on her own, and paying for it with her own money too. It was some of her birthday money. Luckily she had lots for aunts and uncles who always give her money for her birthday.

Harper waved at her mom and gave her a stern look as if telling her not to worry, or not to follow her in because she had promised that she wouldn’t. Harper wanted to prove that she was a big girl and could handle this herself. She pushed the door open and immediately headed over to the owls that were for sale.

There were so many to choose from. Could she just have one of each? It would make the choice so much easier.

You are Bread!
Old 12-16-2018, 08:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DoM & DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
ruari fuller-thompson #FFA3D2
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desdemona M. Evans #6082B6
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Q. Alvey

Ministry RPG Name:
Aslan Rose Evans
Mysteries
x8
Default Hi Harper
you wanna fite? | 💚 nickleback 💚 | Uh, anyway.

Eyelops Owl Emporium might not have been the place you'd expect to find the tall, but generally anxious form of Maxie Anderson-Belfort, but if you actually knew him - as his brother, and Kino knew him you'd have expected him to go nowhere else. Max had entered the shop a little over an hour ago and showed no sign at all of leaving. the young man softly cooed to a tiny owl further in the back of the shop, his usually stressed features melted into an expression of calm pleasure. He had loved birds for as far back as he could remember and no species of bird entranced him so much as the owl.

Noble, clever, and adaptable, they hunted at night away from prying eyes and judging minds and slept through the bright day and there was something about that, about the way they were able to keep so efficiently to themselves that Maxie admired and envied. He would not be buying one, for he had no need but the thought was swimming a little in his angular head. Immersed as he was, Maxie paid little to no attention to any and all other humans within the shop.

A pity, for here was the place he might have had the best chance at friendship, amidst fellow bird lovers.

the moon:

feminine, intuitive, inner strength, innocence
Old 12-21-2018, 01:10 AM   #4 (permalink)

DMAC
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maisey Wilde
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBA?
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Dahlia Blaze
Accidents & Catastrophes
x5
❅ Purple Lightsaber ❅| | Captain Sarcastic |

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole black View Post
Eyelops Owl Emporium might not have been the place you'd expect to find the tall, but generally anxious form of Maxie Anderson-Belfort, but if you actually knew him - as his brother, and Kino knew him you'd have expected him to go nowhere else. Max had entered the shop a little over an hour ago and showed no sign at all of leaving. the young man softly cooed to a tiny owl further in the back of the shop, his usually stressed features melted into an expression of calm pleasure. He had loved birds for as far back as he could remember and no species of bird entranced him so much as the owl.

Noble, clever, and adaptable, they hunted at night away from prying eyes and judging minds and slept through the bright day and there was something about that, about the way they were able to keep so efficiently to themselves that Maxie admired and envied. He would not be buying one, for he had no need but the thought was swimming a little in his angular head. Immersed as he was, Maxie paid little to no attention to any and all other humans within the shop.

A pity, for here was the place he might have had the best chance at friendship, amidst fellow bird lovers.

So maybe Harper shouldn’t have been so adamant on going and shopping on her own for her owl. Now she had to admit to herself that she had absolutely no idea what she was doing. She knew NOTHING about owls. Except for her family’s owl. And maybe the owls that sent them things. Harper Phillips needed to know what she was getting herself into.

The eleven year old decided that she needed to go back and acquaint herself with the owls before choosing one. Maybe there would be some sort of information about each type of owl. She was distracted by looking at the owls to look into the important things about them. Though she knew what she wanted, she didn’t know what she should get. Was there a shopkeeper around.

Harper had noticed a boy who had been in there, before she had arrived. Not normally being the type to strike up a conversation with others, even other kids. Shy Harper was shy, okay. Moving closer to the boy, not wanting to be loud and startle the owls by talking too loud or seem like a creep. ”Are you getting an owl too?” Glancing over at the boy, not keeping eye contact for long before moving her eyes to the cages of owls.

You are Bread!
Old 04-12-2019, 09:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
Default Anyone can grab!
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

On the one hand - having parents who were super paranoid about their youngest son going to school was annoying. On the other hand, that meant that they were a little bit more...giving than they had been with their other kids. Today, it meant that Benji got to pick out his own OWL! Scarlett had gotten a cat, but none of this other siblings had been interested in pets.

Not till him, at least. Maybe if he really played his cards right, he could get TWO animals. A toad AND an owl...

He walked in to the shop, having finally broken away from his dad, and began to scan the owls, looking at each one with interest.

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid
Old 04-15-2019, 01:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM & DIMC
Imp

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hey! I'm Torin Murphy.
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Xin chŕo, tôi tęn lŕ Mai Ainsley. (ON HOLD)
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hello, name is Lucien Wright. (ON HOLD)
Mysteries

Eni entered into the shop hearing the ring of the bell as she stepped over the threshold. Looking around she smiled as she saw the owls all around her, a few flying overhead making her hope none of them were feeling very malicious today. Getting owl poop out of her hair takes forever. Her owl Adika had made sure she understood that little bit very early.

Speaking of Adika, she needs some food and a couple more things before they go back to Hogwarts for the term. “Hello? Does anyone work here? I’d like to get some things for my owl.”

It's a fairytale evening, and you want the entire event to be totally dazzling and
a real experience with the friendliest people around you.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:15 AM   #7 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gritandgrace View Post
Eni entered into the shop hearing the ring of the bell as she stepped over the threshold. Looking around she smiled as she saw the owls all around her, a few flying overhead making her hope none of them were feeling very malicious today. Getting owl poop out of her hair takes forever. Her owl Adika had made sure she understood that little bit very early.

Speaking of Adika, she needs some food and a couple more things before they go back to Hogwarts for the term. “Hello? Does anyone work here? I’d like to get some things for my owl.”
Dorian had wanted to have an owl for himself for sixrh years now but each year his father disapproved of this because he already had a purple colored toad. Don't get him wrong, he loved Ammonite but a toad was a bit boring comparing with an owl. It was also funny how his father did not want to buy him an owl but he did expect him to send letters every week to check in how he was doing....

So he wasn't here to buy an owl but it did not hurt to look around right? Usually, Ammonite his toad was with him, asleep on the top of his head but he had left the animal at home today because he did not trust these owls in the shop one bit. As he was checking the empty cages one could buy, Dorian got startled by a sudden loud voice behind him and he looked over his shoulder with an annoyed expression to see a girl asking for help. Geez, couldn't she just walk up to the counter instead of blurting out her question like that? He turned back around and walked over to the brown owls next to the cages. Cute.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM & DIMC
Imp

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hey! I'm Torin Murphy.
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:

Ministry RPG Name:
Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
Dorian had wanted to have an owl for himself for sixrh years now but each year his father disapproved of this because he already had a purple colored toad. Don't get him wrong, he loved Ammonite but a toad was a bit boring comparing with an owl. It was also funny how his father did not want to buy him an owl but he did expect him to send letters every week to check in how he was doing....

So he wasn't here to buy an owl but it did not hurt to look around right? Usually, Ammonite his toad was with him, asleep on the top of his head but he had left the animal at home today because he did not trust these owls in the shop one bit. As he was checking the empty cages one could buy, Dorian got startled by a sudden loud voice behind him and he looked over his shoulder with an annoyed expression to see a girl asking for help. Geez, couldn't she just walk up to the counter instead of blurting out her question like that? He turned back around and walked over to the brown owls next to the cages. Cute.
Eniola saw the annoyed looks from the other people in the shop. She cringed. ’I should’ve known better. That was way too loud.’ Eniola saw the boy nearby, “Sorry.” she apologized. Blushing she moved to a different aisle to try and find what she’s looking for.

It's a fairytale evening, and you want the entire event to be totally dazzling and
Old 04-16-2019, 10:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
Default I apologize for the annoying little first year o___O
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Quote:
Eniola saw the annoyed looks from the other people in the shop. She cringed. ’I should’ve known better. That was way too loud.’ Eniola saw the boy nearby, “Sorry.” she apologized. Blushing she moved to a different aisle to try and find what she’s looking for.
While some in the shop might have been a little...put off by how loud the older girl was being, Benji took that as an invitation to go talk to her. Pretty much ANYTHING anyone did was an invitation to Benji to talk to them. Because he just liked to talk. He had a real purpose talking to this older girl, though. He walked up to her and tapped her on the arm (not the shoulder, because he was definitely too short to reach oops).

"What kind of owl do you have? I'm trying to figure out which one I should get," he explained to her with a smile. "Do you have any other pets? Do they get along with the owl, if you do? I want to get a toad too!"

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid
Old 04-17-2019, 02:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM & DIMC
Imp

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hey! I'm Torin Murphy.
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:

Ministry RPG Name:
Mysteries
Default Hello there! :)

SPOILER!!: Benji
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post

While some in the shop might have been a little...put off by how loud the older girl was being, Benji took that as an invitation to go talk to her. Pretty much ANYTHING anyone did was an invitation to Benji to talk to them. Because he just liked to talk. He had a real purpose talking to this older girl, though. He walked up to her and tapped her on the arm (not the shoulder, because he was definitely too short to reach oops).

"What kind of owl do you have? I'm trying to figure out which one I should get," he explained to her with a smile. "Do you have any other pets? Do they get along with the owl, if you do? I want to get a toad too!"

Eniola looked down as something tapped her arm..or someone it appears. A young boy. "Oh, hello!"

Eni listened to the boy, he seemed so cheerful, it was nice to see. "I have an African wood owl, she's beautiful. Her name is Adika." She smiled down at the boy. "I'm looking to buy her some food and treats before the new school. And no, I don't have any other pets although you might have some luck with your toad. What kind are you wanting to get?"

Old 04-25-2019, 02:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1

Quote:

Eniola looked down as something tapped her arm..or someone it appears. A young boy. "Oh, hello!"

Eni listened to the boy, he seemed so cheerful, it was nice to see. "I have an African wood owl, she's beautiful. Her name is Adika." She smiled down at the boy. "I'm looking to buy her some food and treats before the new school. And no, I don't have any other pets although you might have some luck with your toad. What kind are you wanting to get?"
Benji SIGHED heavily and looked back at the displays. "I don't knooooow," he admitted with a frown. "There's so many different options!" For both the owls AND the toads. Plus, he didn't even know if he had enough money to afford both of them. His dad might lose his mind if he came home with two pets as well...but then again, he got his way a LOT. This seemed like something he might be able to get away with...

"I'm Benji by the way. I'm a first year," he told her with another smile. That much was PROBABLY obvious since he didn't know ANYTHING about owls. Or pets.

Old 04-27-2019, 01:42 AM   #12 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM & DIMC
Imp

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hey! I'm Torin Murphy.
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:

Ministry RPG Name:
Mysteries

SPOILER!!: hello again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post

Benji SIGHED heavily and looked back at the displays. "I don't knooooow," he admitted with a frown. "There's so many different options!" For both the owls AND the toads. Plus, he didn't even know if he had enough money to afford both of them. His dad might lose his mind if he came home with two pets as well...but then again, he got his way a LOT. This seemed like something he might be able to get away with...

"I'm Benji by the way. I'm a first year," he told her with another smile. That much was PROBABLY obvious since he didn't know ANYTHING about owls. Or pets.

Eniola smiled at the young boy. He was cute, even for a first year. He kind of reminded her of her little brother actually. "Well, I've always thought a Pygmy Owl was pretty cute and I'm not really one for toads. Hmm, what do you think? Would you like something you can carry with you a lot like a toad or something a little more fluffy?"

Eni smiled at Benji, he seemed very excited, or nervous. Probably both. Most first years are that way, she definitely was. "I'm Eniola, but you can call me Eni, I'm a sixth year. Well, going into my sixth." She smiled at him.

Old 08-27-2019, 02:29 AM   #13 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luther Apollo Starriver
Gryffindor
Second Year
Astrophile

Freyr was so excited because at last, he would also have an owl. He knew what exactly he wanted a Northern Hawk Owl, just like the ones he used to see near his grandparents' cabin in Norway. He went to the counter and asked for every adequate and required equipment and of course for a Northern Hawk Owl.
Old 12-20-2019, 05:24 PM   #14 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2
Default for Rylee ^^
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

Under the pretense of needing to buy some more supplies for the next term, Minjae wandered the streets of Diagon Alley while eating a chocolate ice cream. He had been surprised that his parents had let him go. Perhaps they finally started to trust him be independed after three years at Hogwarts. That did not mean that his personal chauffeur wasn't waiting for him a street away from the Leaky Cauldron.

He was dressed in a light blue dress suit, a dark blue blazer and black dress pants. Not his choice by the way, if it was up to him he'd rather walk around in his Hufflepuff robe. As he arrived at the Eeylops Owl Emporium, the fourth year looked inside of window and after finishing his icecream, he got inside to buy some food for Brownie his owl.
Old 12-21-2019, 02:00 PM   #15 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Default Minjae :)
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Rylee really didn't need to be in Eeylops today but here she was anyhow. Knowing she wouldn't be getting back to DA anytime soon she was making it a point to check out nearly every shop... just in case. While she may not have an owl of her own, her sister had one once she used quite often when she had no other choice but to send a letter or package. Although, one could technically argue that it was getting rather old and sooner or later they might want to get another owl.

So it was with no real idea what she wanted or needed from the shop that had Rylee simply walking around. Every so often she would stop and take a look at a cute toy or some type of treats. Treats. Yes. That was always something she could use. She liked to give the delivery owls a little something whenever they came by with a letter for her.

Spotting a boy possibly around her age as she wandered down one of the aisles she gave him a warm friendly smile.

You are Bread!
Old 12-21-2019, 06:42 PM   #16 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Rylee really didn't need to be in Eeylops today but here she was anyhow. Knowing she wouldn't be getting back to DA anytime soon she was making it a point to check out nearly every shop... just in case. While she may not have an owl of her own, her sister had one once she used quite often when she had no other choice but to send a letter or package. Although, one could technically argue that it was getting rather old and sooner or later they might want to get another owl.

So it was with no real idea what she wanted or needed from the shop that had Rylee simply walking around. Every so often she would stop and take a look at a cute toy or some type of treats. Treats. Yes. That was always something she could use. She liked to give the delivery owls a little something whenever they came by with a letter for her.

Spotting a boy possibly around her age as she wandered down one of the aisles she gave him a warm friendly smile.
Minjae had already gotten new claw clippers, a bottle of owl tonic and three bags of grayfishes as his owl deserved the best food. He had forgotten to pick up a basket at the beginning of the store and was currently walking towards it, avoiding the other costumers in the store and trying not to bump in to anything.

He was distracted by a mouse toy and without having to think if he could buy it or not, he grabbed a handful of the toys and moved his stuff in to his arms as if he was cradling a baby.

He moved to an aisle that was almost empty except for one girl who he recognized as Rylee from Gryffindor. Great, he could use that one to make his way to the baskets instead of needing to push everyone away. He made eye contact with her as he tried to walk past her and the moment she smiled one of his bags slipped between his fingers and the crayfish fell on the floor. "Oh geez" he muttered as he stooped down to pick it up , resulting in dropping a couple of mouse toys on to the floor as well, some of them rolling under the tables and squeaking away.
Old 12-21-2019, 10:37 PM   #17 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12
Default Minjae :)

Oh, goodness! Just as she had flashed the boy a smile and turned to reach up and grab a small bag of owl treats off a shelf there was a sound that could only be described as something hitting the floor. Had she somehow knocked something off one of the lower shelves? She didn't think so but that wouldn't be uncommon for her as she normally had to stand on her tiptoes and reach up to grab things.

Forgetting the treats she had been reaching for and stepping back, Rylee looked around first by where she was to see if anything had fallen. Nope. She hadn't dropped anything. Turning around to see Minjae it was very easy to see what had happened. "Here, allow me to help you with that," she smiled softly. "It looks like you have a very lucky owl at home, hm?" By the looks of it he was getting lots of stuff today.

Rylee quickly went about trying to gather the toy mice that had tumbled across the floor and underneath a table.

You are Bread!
Old 12-22-2019, 07:37 PM   #18 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Oh, goodness! Just as she had flashed the boy a smile and turned to reach up and grab a small bag of owl treats off a shelf there was a sound that could only be described as something hitting the floor. Had she somehow knocked something off one of the lower shelves? She didn't think so but that wouldn't be uncommon for her as she normally had to stand on her tiptoes and reach up to grab things.

Forgetting the treats she had been reaching for and stepping back, Rylee looked around first by where she was to see if anything had fallen. Nope. She hadn't dropped anything. Turning around to see Minjae it was very easy to see what had happened. "Here, allow me to help you with that," she smiled softly. "It looks like you have a very lucky owl at home, hm?" By the looks of it he was getting lots of stuff today.

Rylee quickly went about trying to gather the toy mice that had tumbled across the floor and underneath a table.
This was the worst thing that had happened to him today. And here he thought that everything was going smoothly. His parents had agreed that he could spend the day in Diagon Alley, something they would not agree on that easily. He had gotten his favorite chocolate flavoured ice cream and he had found a few toys and food for his owl. Too bad he had dropped most of them on the floor. Minjae sighed. As much as he appreciated being able to be independed, it was moments like this that he wished Mike his chauffeur or Jaehee his maid was with them. Because with the clothes he was wearing, it was difficult to just get on his knees and get them dirty. He wouldn't mind of course but his mother had bought them for him two days ago...

Maybe he did have some luck left today. The Hufflepuff watched as Rylee got the mouse toys that had rolled under the display table. "Thanks..." he said, feeling rather awkward now. "I don't know what happened, i'm usually not this clumsy. Well, people say i'm a bit clumsy but dropping my bags is a new one for me" he laughed, trying to hide his embarrassment.

He stooped down to pick up the bag of crayfish and shrugged his shoulders at what Rylee said. "I guess...it's nothing special. His name is Brownie, i didn't know you had an owl as well..." He said, trying to make a conversation instead of awkwardly standing around
Old 12-27-2019, 05:33 PM   #19 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
This was the worst thing that had happened to him today. And here he thought that everything was going smoothly. His parents had agreed that he could spend the day in Diagon Alley, something they would not agree on that easily. He had gotten his favorite chocolate flavoured ice cream and he had found a few toys and food for his owl. Too bad he had dropped most of them on the floor. Minjae sighed. As much as he appreciated being able to be independed, it was moments like this that he wished Mike his chauffeur or Jaehee his maid was with them. Because with the clothes he was wearing, it was difficult to just get on his knees and get them dirty. He wouldn't mind of course but his mother had bought them for him two days ago...

Maybe he did have some luck left today. The Hufflepuff watched as Rylee got the mouse toys that had rolled under the display table. "Thanks..." he said, feeling rather awkward now. "I don't know what happened, i'm usually not this clumsy. Well, people say i'm a bit clumsy but dropping my bags is a new one for me" he laughed, trying to hide his embarrassment.

He stooped down to pick up the bag of crayfish and shrugged his shoulders at what Rylee said. "I guess...it's nothing special. His name is Brownie, i didn't know you had an owl as well..." He said, trying to make a conversation instead of awkwardly standing around
Sometimes being on the smaller side had its advantages. Today was one of those days. It was much easier to duck down beneath a table or two in order to pick up the run away toy mice. "You're welcome." Rylee gave him a warm friendly smile. "Don't worry about to much. We all have an off day sometimes. I know I do." This was said with a gentle laugh, the toy mice being held in her arms for the moment rather than giving them all back to him right away.

Did he just say it was nothing special? Rylee eyed all the things he was caring and couldn't help but crack a grin. The comment almost sounded like something she would say after spending every bit of her money on her own creatures. "Well I'm sure Brownie will be a very happy owl once he gets all of these toys." The seventeen year old shifted her weight onto her other foot, adjusting the toys in her arms. "I don't. My sister does though. He's getting a bit old though so I may have to eventually get my own." Not that she needed another creature to look after but if it happened she wouldn't mind it one bit.

You are Bread!
Old 01-02-2020, 03:44 AM   #20 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default for Ern-la
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

It had been a while since he'd shopped in Diagon Alley, but Willy still knew the ins and outs of the place like the back of his hand. He actually glanced down at his hand as he thought this; but it didn't look too bad today. Not as many burns as last year, and he had a slight tan from the long summer days.

Anyway, he'd hoped he timed this trip just right to avoid the schoolchildren and yet still benefit from the back-to-school sales. He needed a LOT of owl pellets, annnnd... well, hmm. Willy glanced up at the shelves to see what else he needed.... or wanted.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind
Old 01-03-2020, 02:11 AM   #21 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
It had been a while since he'd shopped in Diagon Alley, but Willy still knew the ins and outs of the place like the back of his hand. He actually glanced down at his hand as he thought this; but it didn't look too bad today. Not as many burns as last year, and he had a slight tan from the long summer days.

Anyway, he'd hoped he timed this trip just right to avoid the schoolchildren and yet still benefit from the back-to-school sales. He needed a LOT of owl pellets, annnnd... well, hmm. Willy glanced up at the shelves to see what else he needed.... or wanted.
Perhaps it wasn't the smartest way to spend her first paycheck, but Chloe Kettleburn had budgeted every penny of that check and juuuuuust a little left over for something frivolous. Like maybe an owl, so she and Derf could keep in touch with their family and friends without having to send off a patronus every time they wanted to make lunch plans.

Chloe touched the cage of a little pygmy owl and made cooing noises at it. The hand of the man next to her came into view, and she sucked in some breath. "Oh, dear... have you tried murtlap essence? Those burns will scar, I'm afraid."

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest
Old 01-03-2020, 02:50 AM   #22 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
Perhaps it wasn't the smartest way to spend her first paycheck, but Chloe Kettleburn had budgeted every penny of that check and juuuuuust a little left over for something frivolous. Like maybe an owl, so she and Derf could keep in touch with their family and friends without having to send off a patronus every time they wanted to make lunch plans.

Chloe touched the cage of a little pygmy owl and made cooing noises at it. The hand of the man next to her came into view, and she sucked in some breath. "Oh, dear... have you tried murtlap essence? Those burns will scar, I'm afraid."
Merlin's beard! The owls were talking now! William nearly jumped out of his skin as he reached for a bag of owl pellets, and in fact banged the burned hand against a shelf.

"Son of a banshee!" he swore not-so-quietly, shaking his hand out now as it stung from the impact with the shelf. Boggarts! Which owl in here was talking now, huh? He glanced down and held hands with himself, as though massaging his stinging knuckles would make them feel better.

Oh. It wasn't an owl after all. It was a h00man. A girl. A young thing, who apparently knew stuff about murtlaps. "No kidding, huh," he responded, just a little grouchy because she'd spooked him. "I mean, yeah. I have some murtlap essence.... at home." He used to carry some with him at all times, but hadn't needed it lately. "These are old burns anyway. They only sting when you hit your hand on something."

He tried to give the girl a smile, but was aware that it came off like a grimace. Wounded hand and all that. "Buying an owl? Pygmies can't travel as far as bigger ones, you know." She probably did know that. Who was he kidding? He wasn't that useful anymore.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind
Old 01-04-2020, 02:33 AM   #23 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8

Quote:
Merlin's beard! The owls were talking now! William nearly jumped out of his skin as he reached for a bag of owl pellets, and in fact banged the burned hand against a shelf.

"Son of a banshee!" he swore not-so-quietly, shaking his hand out now as it stung from the impact with the shelf. Boggarts! Which owl in here was talking now, huh? He glanced down and held hands with himself, as though massaging his stinging knuckles would make them feel better.

Oh. It wasn't an owl after all. It was a h00man. A girl. A young thing, who apparently knew stuff about murtlaps. "No kidding, huh," he responded, just a little grouchy because she'd spooked him. "I mean, yeah. I have some murtlap essence.... at home." He used to carry some with him at all times, but hadn't needed it lately. "These are old burns anyway. They only sting when you hit your hand on something."

He tried to give the girl a smile, but was aware that it came off like a grimace. Wounded hand and all that. "Buying an owl? Pygmies can't travel as far as bigger ones, you know." She probably did know that. Who was he kidding? He wasn't that useful anymore.
Chloe clapped her hands over her mouth and griiiiiiinned behind her folded fingers. The man was probably trying to be a curmudgeon, but he only came across as so very very funny to her. She had the sense not to laugh out loud, although her eyes were creased in amusement. After she had enough time to contain herself, Chloe dropped her hands and gave him only a polite smile.

"I'm sorry. That was terribly rude of me. You don't need medical advice from a stranger." She reached out and touched the cage of the pygmy owl with her fingertips. Cute little things, weren't they? "I'm not sure I can afford an owl that can handle longer distances right now. Makes more sense to save up and buy something useful, right? Not something just because it's cute and I'm here."

Old 01-05-2020, 06:40 PM   #24 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
Chloe clapped her hands over her mouth and griiiiiiinned behind her folded fingers. The man was probably trying to be a curmudgeon, but he only came across as so very very funny to her. She had the sense not to laugh out loud, although her eyes were creased in amusement. After she had enough time to contain herself, Chloe dropped her hands and gave him only a polite smile.

"I'm sorry. That was terribly rude of me. You don't need medical advice from a stranger." She reached out and touched the cage of the pygmy owl with her fingertips. Cute little things, weren't they? "I'm not sure I can afford an owl that can handle longer distances right now. Makes more sense to save up and buy something useful, right? Not something just because it's cute and I'm here."
William staunchly ignored the girl who was presumably laughing at him. Why didn't anyone take him seriously? This was the story of his life, honestly. It had been true when he'd worked at Hogwarts, at the Ministry, heck, even around his old cruppy, Jack, who had never listened to any of his commands.

RIP to Jack.

Now the girl was smiling at him but all he could think of was his old crup, who'd once been his adorable cruppy, laying sadly on his side in his basket, having passed in his sleep. Sweet crup. It brought a tear to his eye to think of him, even though he'd passed a year ago. William cleared his throat and waved her, and his sudden sadness, away with his ugly, scarred hand. "It's fine." Maybe he should get a new pet, besides a dragon? A year was a long time to go without a companion. He eyed her owl. "I mean, any owl is useful." Had he been too harsh? "Depends where you want it go. What's wrong with useful AND cute, I say?"

If only he'd been useful and cute with his life, he wouldn't be here on a Thursday, shopping alone for owl pellets. Oh look! A toy. What a welcome distraction. Did owls really need toys? William picked up the mouse anyway and squeaked it at the pygmy owl, to see if it would react.

Old 01-06-2020, 02:44 AM   #25 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8

Quote:
William staunchly ignored the girl who was presumably laughing at him. Why didn't anyone take him seriously? This was the story of his life, honestly. It had been true when he'd worked at Hogwarts, at the Ministry, heck, even around his old cruppy, Jack, who had never listened to any of his commands.

RIP to Jack.

Now the girl was smiling at him but all he could think of was his old crup, who'd once been his adorable cruppy, laying sadly on his side in his basket, having passed in his sleep. Sweet crup. It brought a tear to his eye to think of him, even though he'd passed a year ago. William cleared his throat and waved her, and his sudden sadness, away with his ugly, scarred hand. "It's fine." Maybe he should get a new pet, besides a dragon? A year was a long time to go without a companion. He eyed her owl. "I mean, any owl is useful." Had he been too harsh? "Depends where you want it go. What's wrong with useful AND cute, I say?"

If only he'd been useful and cute with his life, he wouldn't be here on a Thursday, shopping alone for owl pellets. Oh look! A toy. What a welcome distraction. Did owls really need toys? William picked up the mouse anyway and squeaked it at the pygmy owl, to see if it would react.
He looked so sad, and it probably wasn't about the tiny little owl. Cute as it was. Chloe grinned when the owl grabbed for the toy and gave it a shake, seemingly quite pleased by the offered toy. But... was he going to pay for that? Because she couldn't afford the toy AND the owl, let alone... the owl.

"My family is mostly local, and so is Derf's, so it doesn't need to go any great distances," Chloe gave the pygmy a little scritchy scratch over its tufted eyebrow. A gift. For Derf. He'd love it. They both would. "I think I'll get him. He's very well behaved, and he'll have a whole forest of trees to enjoy." She gave the sad man a sideways look. "Are you okay?"