Email Us!

Hogwarts RPG

Students: 9872
Classes: 15
Professors: 12

View Points

Members

There are 831 users online including...
Alexrut , Kimothy , Austinwals , Chelliephone , PhoenixRising , Veronamfw , Veronatgn , Seo-Ul-ges , Stevendalo , Veronanwe

12 members
819 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster Wilber Winterbottom's Reign > Term 64: May - August 2023

Term 64: May - August 2023 Term Sixty-Four: The Future Really Makes You Sphinx (Sept 2110 - June 2111)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2022, 11:27 PM

Default Pit of Slugs

One of the less travelled corridors will eventually take you to perhaps the least popular place located in the dungeons. Looking forward, it appears that there is a flight of stairs at the end of the corridor. Indeed, there is. But as you get closer, you realize that there is a bit of an obstacle in your way. A small set of stairs leads you downward into a pit full of slugs, big and small. By the looks of it, this nasty infestation has been here for a very long time.

At this point, there are really only two options for you to choose from: either turn around and head back down the way you came or make friends with the sluggish residents of the pit and walk through the thick slime to get to the staircase beyond. Should you decide to do the latter, tread carefully unless you want to find yourself covered from head to toe in the lime green goo that covers the stone floor or adopt a number of slugs as hair accessories. On the plus side, at least you now know where to find an endless supply of slugs should you need them for Potions class.
Old 05-28-2023, 04:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ramora

Default Finn Clarke/Waddles (Job Consultation)
Resident Ghost of Slytherin | Hot-Tempered & Not Amused

The suspicion that this slug infestation had been here for an extended period of time would be correct. The Baron stared down at the slugs crawling over each other. It was an utterly disgusting sight. The Baron loved it. Creepy crawlies were a calmly sight. He stared up and down the corridor. Where was that student? What was his name again? Finn Clarke? The Baron was sure the image conjured in his mind was of the boy. A wiry sixth year Gryffindor.

At any rate Finn had better be on time. The Baron waited on no one after all.
Old 05-28-2023, 07:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eulalia Walles (#F48037)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody Baron View Post
The suspicion that this slug infestation had been here for an extended period of time would be correct. The Baron stared down at the slugs crawling over each other. It was an utterly disgusting sight. The Baron loved it. Creepy crawlies were a calmly sight. He stared up and down the corridor. Where was that student? What was his name again? Finn Clarke? The Baron was sure the image conjured in his mind was of the boy. A wiry sixth year Gryffindor.

At any rate Finn had better be on time. The Baron waited on no one after all.
Finn was the opposite of thrilled about his pre-job fair consultation. He hadn't expected to be assigned to meet with a ghost. And not just any ghost, the Bloody Baron. What could a dead baron have to say about how to choose a job? He hoped it would be something useful.

And in that hope (and also a bit of fear of angering the ghost), Finn showed up right on time to his job consultation, his notepad of lists charmed to repel any slug goo. There he was--the ghost. In what Finn thought was the grossest place for a consultation. There was no where to sit!

Luckily the sixth year was experienced in writing while standing.

"Hello, sir," Finn greeted the Baron with faux confidence. "Thank you for, erm, meeting with me." He offered an uncomfortably toothy smile and pulled out his list and a self-inking quill.
Old 06-03-2023, 02:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ramora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
Finn was the opposite of thrilled about his pre-job fair consultation. He hadn't expected to be assigned to meet with a ghost. And not just any ghost, the Bloody Baron. What could a dead baron have to say about how to choose a job? He hoped it would be something useful.

And in that hope (and also a bit of fear of angering the ghost), Finn showed up right on time to his job consultation, his notepad of lists charmed to repel any slug goo. There he was--the ghost. In what Finn thought was the grossest place for a consultation. There was no where to sit!

Luckily the sixth year was experienced in writing while standing.

"Hello, sir," Finn greeted the Baron with faux confidence. "Thank you for, erm, meeting with me." He offered an uncomfortably toothy smile and pulled out his list and a self-inking quill.
Contrary to Clarke’s or anyone else’s opinion the Baron possessed a wealth of knowledge. After all was he not around for numerous years?

The Baron felt neutral to Clarke being on time. Not please, not annoyed. Plain and simple neutral since this did not in any way affect His Bloodiness. He hovered slightly above Clarke. “Hello, Mr. Clarke.” Yes the human would remain standing for the duration of this. “You are welcome.” Manners went a long way. The Gryffindor was off to a good start. “It has come to my attention that you favour Arithmancy, Transfiguration, Charms and Defense Against the Dark Arts. Are there any career areas you are currently gravitating towards?”
Old 06-03-2023, 10:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eulalia Walles (#F48037)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Contrary to Clarke’s or anyone else’s opinion the Baron possessed a wealth of knowledge. After all was he not around for numerous years?

The Baron felt neutral to Clarke being on time. Not please, not annoyed. Plain and simple neutral since this did not in any way affect His Bloodiness. He hovered slightly above Clarke. “Hello, Mr. Clarke.” Yes the human would remain standing for the duration of this. “You are welcome.” Manners went a long way. The Gryffindor was off to a good start. “It has come to my attention that you favour Arithmancy, Transfiguration, Charms and Defense Against the Dark Arts. Are there any career areas you are currently gravitating towards?”

This was fine. This was going great. Finn looked up at the Baron and resisted his perfectly natural but possibly rude urge to shrug in response to the ghost's question.

"I really am not sure, sir," he said instead. "I've done a little research so I have learned some...names of professions that might use the classes I like, but..." The redhead frowned, trying to explain why he felt so indecisive. "I don't know anybody in those professions?" No, that was...not quite it. "The OWLs and NEWTs needed for a job are one thing, but I don't know what somebody actually does in a job like, say, a cursebreaker or something." Cursebreaker being merely an example of a profession from his list, and not even from the number one spot on his lists. Finn smiled warily and raised his hands in a bit of a surrender gesture. He felt so behind all his classmates, not knowing what he was going to do after Hogwarts. He had a whole year to decide still, but it didn't seem like enough.

"I don't want to pick something I'm going to find boring in three months, sir," he added, in case his more wordy explanation had been unclear. Having a job that was exciting, or at least exciting to him, was important to the Gryffindor. He didn't think he'd do well at a job that involved too much sitting or paperwork.
Old 06-07-2023, 10:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Ramora

Quote:

This was fine. This was going great. Finn looked up at the Baron and resisted his perfectly natural but possibly rude urge to shrug in response to the ghost's question.

"I really am not sure, sir," he said instead. "I've done a little research so I have learned some...names of professions that might use the classes I like, but..." The redhead frowned, trying to explain why he felt so indecisive. "I don't know anybody in those professions?" No, that was...not quite it. "The OWLs and NEWTs needed for a job are one thing, but I don't know what somebody actually does in a job like, say, a cursebreaker or something." Cursebreaker being merely an example of a profession from his list, and not even from the number one spot on his lists. Finn smiled warily and raised his hands in a bit of a surrender gesture. He felt so behind all his classmates, not knowing what he was going to do after Hogwarts. He had a whole year to decide still, but it didn't seem like enough.

"I don't want to pick something I'm going to find boring in three months, sir," he added, in case his more wordy explanation had been unclear. Having a job that was exciting, or at least exciting to him, was important to the Gryffindor. He didn't think he'd do well at a job that involved too much sitting or paperwork.
One move or word deemed rude or disrespectful by Sir Bloodniess and he would float away without a care in the world. This act of passing wisdom along was being done purely out of the goodness of his ghostly heart.

Clearly Clarke was unprepared. Never mind. This is what these little sessions are for. “Understandable, understandable,’’ the Baron agreed amicably. “Would you say you prefer to be out and about rather than being stuck behind a desk? Are you looking for a job that promotes rapidly? Then you also have to look at your skills. What do you excel at: are you patient enough to deal with hordes of humans? Are you an animal-loving human?” The Baron floated from left to right as though pacing. “It is important to start with yourself. Look inwards to find what will benefit you.”
Old 06-26-2023, 02:16 AM   #7 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eulalia Walles (#F48037)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:
One move or word deemed rude or disrespectful by Sir Bloodniess and he would float away without a care in the world. This act of passing wisdom along was being done purely out of the goodness of his ghostly heart.

Clearly Clarke was unprepared. Never mind. This is what these little sessions are for. “Understandable, understandable,’’ the Baron agreed amicably. “Would you say you prefer to be out and about rather than being stuck behind a desk? Are you looking for a job that promotes rapidly? Then you also have to look at your skills. What do you excel at: are you patient enough to deal with hordes of humans? Are you an animal-loving human?” The Baron floated from left to right as though pacing. “It is important to start with yourself. Look inwards to find what will benefit you.”
Finn tapped his foot thoughtfully. "I think I'd like a bit of both, sir," he said. "I don't think I want to be always stuck inside, but having some, well, routine? That would be nice." The thought of leaving the structured days of Hogwarts and jumping headfirst into something, anything, that was all new, all the time, scared Finn more than the thought of a boggart. Probably less scary than an actual boggart, though.

As to whether he was patient? "I think I'm very patient, sir, and I like people more than animals." He squinted, then decided to be a bit more firm on that point. "I don't want to work with animals." No dragons, no sphinxes, he didn't even want to work at an owl post. After another moment's thought, he added. "I like to have a plan for the day, so I don't think I'd like any job that's too...spontaneous. If there's job like that."
Old 07-01-2023, 08:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Ramora

Quote:
Finn tapped his foot thoughtfully. "I think I'd like a bit of both, sir," he said. "I don't think I want to be always stuck inside, but having some, well, routine? That would be nice." The thought of leaving the structured days of Hogwarts and jumping headfirst into something, anything, that was all new, all the time, scared Finn more than the thought of a boggart. Probably less scary than an actual boggart, though.

As to whether he was patient? "I think I'm very patient, sir, and I like people more than animals." He squinted, then decided to be a bit more firm on that point. "I don't want to work with animals." No dragons, no sphinxes, he didn't even want to work at an owl post. After another moment's thought, he added. "I like to have a plan for the day, so I don't think I'd like any job that's too...spontaneous. If there's job like that."
The Baron continued his ghostly pacing. It was not the pacing of an impatient departed soul. It was the pacing of a departed soul who was channelling patience and wisdom. Certainly this was all very not Slytherin of him. Clarke provided a lot of insight into what he wanted and didn’t want in a career. This was very helpful to his Bloodiness.

“A reporter, a columnist or even a writer seems to be a good fit based on what you’ve told me. You would not need to be stuck behind a desk all day since you will need time to carry out research.” There was more thoughtful pacing. "Bartending isn’t a bad option. There are always human woes to listen to. What say you of these options thus far, young Mr. Clarke?”