sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1148 users online including...
MikefUs , Svetlbul

4 members
1144 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster Wilber Winterbottom's Reign > Term 64: May - August 2023

Term 64: May - August 2023 Term Sixty-Four: The Future Really Makes You Sphinx (Sept 2110 - June 2111)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2022, 02:00 PM

Default Room of Requirement

Found on the seventh floor is a secret room known as the Room of Requirement or the Come and Go Room. This particular room is famous for transforming itself into whatever the witch or wizard that finds it needs at that moment in time. While many may have heard of this room, properly finding it is no easy task. Most come across it without even knowing during moments of great need and are unable to find it again.

However, those that are attentive to detail will remember that the hidden entrance to this enchanted room can be found opposite of the tapestry of Barnabas the Barmy. Simply locate this depiction of a man attempting to teach trolls in pink tutus how to do the ballet and walk past it three times, clearly thinking about what you need. After a few moments, a door will appear and allow you entrance inside whatever room you desire at that moment in time. Just keep in mind that the room has its limitations -- you, unfortunately, won't be finding any food in here.
Old 05-08-2023, 02:49 AM   #2 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Default For Rhi and Desiree!
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

While it had taken Mouse some time to make it to the Room of Requirement the previous term, it had taken her none after that to make it a staple part of her routine. Her favorite thing to do was to turn it into a crafting room where she could work on designs and have access to a sewing machine. She usually used that to create clothing for herself, but she'd started a (batty) project the term before with making costumes for Jude's cat, Ned, and had had so much fun with it she was creating more for other animals as well.

Not that she ever had any intention to try to release that type of a project in the future. It was just simply something she had fun working on, and when she wanted to finish something to completion in a single afternoon, this was the easier goal to accomplish.

Though, today she was not pacing the hallway to ask for her craft room with the intention of sewing, but instead she had some sun hats tucked under her arm and a bag full of accessories on the others to just have some fun with hopefully some hot glue. Though... she supposed if the room could not supply that, there had to be a better spell to use. In the mean time, she continued her pacing in order to have the door appear.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Old 05-09-2023, 09:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
While it had taken Mouse some time to make it to the Room of Requirement the previous term, it had taken her none after that to make it a staple part of her routine. Her favorite thing to do was to turn it into a crafting room where she could work on designs and have access to a sewing machine. She usually used that to create clothing for herself, but she'd started a (batty) project the term before with making costumes for Jude's cat, Ned, and had had so much fun with it she was creating more for other animals as well.

Not that she ever had any intention to try to release that type of a project in the future. It was just simply something she had fun working on, and when she wanted to finish something to completion in a single afternoon, this was the easier goal to accomplish.

Though, today she was not pacing the hallway to ask for her craft room with the intention of sewing, but instead she had some sun hats tucked under her arm and a bag full of accessories on the others to just have some fun with hopefully some hot glue. Though... she supposed if the room could not supply that, there had to be a better spell to use. In the mean time, she continued her pacing in order to have the door appear.
Ever since Desiree heard about the upcoming job fair, she had one nagging thought on her mind. What was she going to wear? Her mind was buzzing with possibilities. Something Disney-inspired, of course, but still professional. Maybe something that reflected her ambitions of becoming a healer? But which Disney character would fit with that? Rapunzel, maybe? Ooh! What if she did a line of career wear inspired by Tiana?!

Whatever she did, she wasn't going to wait until the last minute! Lost in thought, she wandered down the corridor toward the room of requirement. Hopefully the room would give her some inspiration and maybe some supplies to get her started. Envisioning what she had in mind, she started to pace back and forth and nearly collided with someone else. "Oh! Hi, Mouse," she said, her face brightening at the sight of her friend. "Do you need the room of requirement too?"

Her blue eyes landed on the sun hats and bag. "Nice hats! Are you going to decorate them?" If she was, maybe they could work together!

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
Old 05-11-2023, 12:28 AM   #4 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post

Ever since Desiree heard about the upcoming job fair, she had one nagging thought on her mind. What was she going to wear? Her mind was buzzing with possibilities. Something Disney-inspired, of course, but still professional. Maybe something that reflected her ambitions of becoming a healer? But which Disney character would fit with that? Rapunzel, maybe? Ooh! What if she did a line of career wear inspired by Tiana?!

Whatever she did, she wasn't going to wait until the last minute! Lost in thought, she wandered down the corridor toward the room of requirement. Hopefully the room would give her some inspiration and maybe some supplies to get her started. Envisioning what she had in mind, she started to pace back and forth and nearly collided with someone else. "Oh! Hi, Mouse," she said, her face brightening at the sight of her friend. "Do you need the room of requirement too?"

Her blue eyes landed on the sun hats and bag. "Nice hats! Are you going to decorate them?" If she was, maybe they could work together!
The job fair was something that the idea of stressed Mouse out the slightest bit. Thankfully her grades had been decent enough that she probably would have options, but she didn't really have any interest outside of design and working with her hands to create things. Which was a fine ideal but... competitive. Which meant she needed to have at least one or two back up plans, but had no idea what those should be. She'd been hoping the job fair would help, and it probably would, but that didn't make her any less stressed about it.

Which was probably why she was stress crafting instead of using her time to study or do homework or something. Whatever. There was time later.

She'd been so focused as well, that it was only last second she'd noticed Desiree as well so the girls did not actually collide. Though.. the fact they almost did had Mouse giggling the slightest bit. "Hi Desiree!" Glancing at the wall, she gave a nod before her attention turned back to the Hufflepuff. "Need is a strong word. But I was hoping to use it to do some creating! What about you?"

At the question of the hats, her smile widened a bit and she gave a nod. "I am! I have a bunch of odd baubles and beads and thought that would be a good use. I have a lot if you want to make a few too?" She always tended to buy things in bulk. Forever a sucker for a good deal.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Old 05-14-2023, 07:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Quote:
The job fair was something that the idea of stressed Mouse out the slightest bit. Thankfully her grades had been decent enough that she probably would have options, but she didn't really have any interest outside of design and working with her hands to create things. Which was a fine ideal but... competitive. Which meant she needed to have at least one or two back up plans, but had no idea what those should be. She'd been hoping the job fair would help, and it probably would, but that didn't make her any less stressed about it.

Which was probably why she was stress crafting instead of using her time to study or do homework or something. Whatever. There was time later.

She'd been so focused as well, that it was only last second she'd noticed Desiree as well so the girls did not actually collide. Though.. the fact they almost did had Mouse giggling the slightest bit. "Hi Desiree!" Glancing at the wall, she gave a nod before her attention turned back to the Hufflepuff. "Need is a strong word. But I was hoping to use it to do some creating! What about you?"

At the question of the hats, her smile widened a bit and she gave a nod. "I am! I have a bunch of odd baubles and beads and thought that would be a good use. I have a lot if you want to make a few too?" She always tended to buy things in bulk. Forever a sucker for a good deal.
Desiree couldn’t help but giggle at the near collision herself. Hearing that Mouse’s reasons for using the room were similar to her own had her giggling even more. She might’ve guessed! “I’d say that definitely counts as a need,” she replied. “I was thinking the same thing. Never too early to start designing an outfit for the job fair, right?”

The wheels in Desiree’s head started turning as she looked at the hats. Maybe she could use one for her job fair outfit. She could see it now… green ribbon with a water lily to match her Tiana-inspired ensemble. “Sure! Every good outfit needs an accessory. I’m thinking something Disney-inspired.” She couldn’t wait to get started! As she spoke, her bright blue eyes darted toward the spot where the room of requirement was. Would the door appear for them, or did they have to start pacing again?

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
Old 05-24-2023, 09:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

Quote:

Desiree couldn’t help but giggle at the near collision herself. Hearing that Mouse’s reasons for using the room were similar to her own had her giggling even more. She might’ve guessed! “I’d say that definitely counts as a need,” she replied. “I was thinking the same thing. Never too early to start designing an outfit for the job fair, right?”

The wheels in Desiree’s head started turning as she looked at the hats. Maybe she could use one for her job fair outfit. She could see it now… green ribbon with a water lily to match her Tiana-inspired ensemble. “Sure! Every good outfit needs an accessory. I’m thinking something Disney-inspired.” She couldn’t wait to get started! As she spoke, her bright blue eyes darted toward the spot where the room of requirement was. Would the door appear for them, or did they have to start pacing again?
Well, who was she then to argue with the use of need vs desire for crafting? Especially when Mouse knew the hobby was also so well loved by present company. She shared another grin, giving a nod. "I'll accept need." Her interest was also immediately piqued at the idea of Desiree designing her outfit. Mouse had considered it, but she was feeling such nerves over the whole affair she'd been beginning to wonder if she should stick to something store bought for this ocassion. "Do you have any inspiration yet for what you think you want to look like for the fair?" There were plenty of good options to draw the general aesthetic of confident woman from.

"Is there any other way to go that isn't Diseny?" Mouse teased her friend, not at all surprised to hear that's where the Hufflepuff would be drawing her inspiration from. Brown eyes also turned back towards the hall again, and Mouse grinned spotting the door shimmer into appearance and gave a nod towards it. "Shall we? I hope it gave us lots of counter space between our two requests!" Which had probably been similar enough to one that the room had decided to assist them.

Old 05-29-2023, 08:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Well, who was she then to argue with the use of need vs desire for crafting? Especially when Mouse knew the hobby was also so well loved by present company. She shared another grin, giving a nod. "I'll accept need." Her interest was also immediately piqued at the idea of Desiree designing her outfit. Mouse had considered it, but she was feeling such nerves over the whole affair she'd been beginning to wonder if she should stick to something store bought for this ocassion. "Do you have any inspiration yet for what you think you want to look like for the fair?" There were plenty of good options to draw the general aesthetic of confident woman from.

"Is there any other way to go that isn't Diseny?" Mouse teased her friend, not at all surprised to hear that's where the Hufflepuff would be drawing her inspiration from. Brown eyes also turned back towards the hall again, and Mouse grinned spotting the door shimmer into appearance and gave a nod towards it. "Shall we? I hope it gave us lots of counter space between our two requests!" Which had probably been similar enough to one that the room had decided to assist them.
Desiree positively beamed when Mouse asked about her outfit. It was so much fun to discuss fashion with someone who shared her interest! “I was thinking something Tiana-inspired,” she replied, thinking out loud. “Maybe something in a nice green with a cut inspired by her waitress dress… that or maybe something Rapunzel-inspired to reflect my goal to become a healer. She did have healing hair, you know?” She paused, torn between the two ideas. “What do you think?”

The Disney-obsessed Hufflepuff giggled, shaking her head. All ways are Disney ways,” she said, doing her best Queen of Hearts impression. She nodded, following Mouse’s lead, and turned the doorknob. “Looks like it listened,” she said, glancing at the massive counter along the back wall of the room. Holding the door open a bit wider, she gave her most princess-y curtsey. “After you…”

Old 05-31-2023, 01:11 AM   #8 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

Quote:

Desiree positively beamed when Mouse asked about her outfit. It was so much fun to discuss fashion with someone who shared her interest! “I was thinking something Tiana-inspired,” she replied, thinking out loud. “Maybe something in a nice green with a cut inspired by her waitress dress… that or maybe something Rapunzel-inspired to reflect my goal to become a healer. She did have healing hair, you know?” She paused, torn between the two ideas. “What do you think?”

The Disney-obsessed Hufflepuff giggled, shaking her head. All ways are Disney ways,” she said, doing her best Queen of Hearts impression. She nodded, following Mouse’s lead, and turned the doorknob. “Looks like it listened,” she said, glancing at the massive counter along the back wall of the room. Holding the door open a bit wider, she gave her most princess-y curtsey. “After you…”
The Ravenclaw would have agreed wholeheartedly with Desiree. It wasn't uncommon to find people who knew about Disney and delighted in it at Beauxbatons, but it was rare to find someone with the same enthusiasm. "Tiana is a great idea! She is the most hardworking of all the characters, so that's a good energy to want to manifest for the occasion!" But she also saw the sense in her Rapunzel plan. "You might be able to find a way to subtly combine both of the ideas? Perhaps a pattern taken from one but the colors from the other?" Tiana's usual wear would have looked lovely in a purple, and complimented Desiree's features well.

A giggle of agreement escaped Mouse's throat. "You make an excellent point, there. And if someone tries to suggest another... Off with their heads!" Unable to wait to see what they'd concocted, she peered over her friends should and grinned at the sight of the work room. This was certainly do nicely for their goal of the day! Giggling again at the curtsy, she did her best in response before attempting to glide through the doorway. "Why, thank you!"

Old 06-05-2023, 10:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement

Quote:
The Ravenclaw would have agreed wholeheartedly with Desiree. It wasn't uncommon to find people who knew about Disney and delighted in it at Beauxbatons, but it was rare to find someone with the same enthusiasm. "Tiana is a great idea! She is the most hardworking of all the characters, so that's a good energy to want to manifest for the occasion!" But she also saw the sense in her Rapunzel plan. "You might be able to find a way to subtly combine both of the ideas? Perhaps a pattern taken from one but the colors from the other?" Tiana's usual wear would have looked lovely in a purple, and complimented Desiree's features well.

A giggle of agreement escaped Mouse's throat. "You make an excellent point, there. And if someone tries to suggest another... Off with their heads!" Unable to wait to see what they'd concocted, she peered over her friends should and grinned at the sight of the work room. This was certainly do nicely for their goal of the day! Giggling again at the curtsy, she did her best in response before attempting to glide through the doorway. "Why, thank you!"
Desiree positively beamed when Mouse agreed with her Tiana idea. “Thanks! I thought so too,” she replied with an emphatic nod. Her expression turned pensive as she considered ways to combine the two inspirations. She envisioned Rapunzel’s dress in Tiana’s green color palette. That would look pretty, but maybe a tad busy for a job fair! Tiana’s waitress dress in Rapunzel’s purple, on the other hand… “Got it! Take the cut of Tiana’s dress, but make it purple like Rapunzel’s. And maybe add a brooch or hair accessory shaped like the healing flower. Mouse, you’re a genius!”

Desiree couldn’t help but giggle along with her friend, and her giggles turned into a squeal of laughter at the “Off with their heads!” line. Oops! Nobody else heard that, right? She glanced down the corridor, but found nobody else there. Good! Wasting no time, she followed Mouse inside, and the door disappeared behind her.Look at all the fabrics! There was a whole wall of them in every color and texture she could imagine! There were also dress forms, sewing machines, and boxes full of every kind of embellishment known to man. “Wow! Look at all this stuff!”

Old 06-12-2023, 11:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

The Ravenclaw had also tried to envision a combo of the two characters, and while she could see the potential in a cute summer dress blend of Tiana and Rapunzel in the long haired blondes color pallette, a professional look was hard to see. At least, until Desiree described one and then she could see it perfectly! "Oooh, that would be so beautiful! I especially love the broach idea!" The magical flower was so pretty on its own, and that pop of the gold would look beautiful as always with the purple! Though she also though it would compliment Desiree's hair nicely as well. "Hardly! I just made a suggestion, you're the one who instantly got the vision!" She grinned back at her before following into the room.

The girl was absolutely in awe of everything provided for their use. She could probably spend hours combing through the fabrics alone, not to mention all the beautiful baubles. She moved to the wall to rub her hand over some of the materials, before a giggle escaped and she turned back at her friend to sing in response. "isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think our collections complete?" She couldn't help herself - it'd been the perfect set up. "I think I might never want to leave this room again. Think I could live here until graduation?" Who needed food when they had creativity!

Old 06-22-2023, 10:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement

Quote:
The Ravenclaw had also tried to envision a combo of the two characters, and while she could see the potential in a cute summer dress blend of Tiana and Rapunzel in the long haired blondes color pallette, a professional look was hard to see. At least, until Desiree described one and then she could see it perfectly! "Oooh, that would be so beautiful! I especially love the broach idea!" The magical flower was so pretty on its own, and that pop of the gold would look beautiful as always with the purple! Though she also though it would compliment Desiree's hair nicely as well. "Hardly! I just made a suggestion, you're the one who instantly got the vision!" She grinned back at her before following into the room.

The girl was absolutely in awe of everything provided for their use. She could probably spend hours combing through the fabrics alone, not to mention all the beautiful baubles. She moved to the wall to rub her hand over some of the materials, before a giggle escaped and she turned back at her friend to sing in response. "isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think our collections complete?" She couldn't help herself - it'd been the perfect set up. "I think I might never want to leave this room again. Think I could live here until graduation?" Who needed food when they had creativity!
Desiree positively beamed at the compliment. The more she thought about it, the more clearly she visualized her design. She agreed with Mouse; it would be beautiful! “I can’t take all the credit. You gave me the inspiration,” she replied with a soft giggle.

Another giggle escaped her at the song. She hadn’t even thought of that when she spoke! It was a completely accidental Disney reference, but she decided to go with it! “Wouldn’t you think we’re the girls, the girls who have everything?” she joined in, twirling around the room as she sang. She stopped in front of a shelf of purple fabric, searching for the perfect shade to match Rapunzel’s.

She considered the question, imagining the two of them spending the entire term in this room. “It could probably happen,” she said, nodding. “The room could always create a passage into Hogsmeade if we needed food.” She seemed to recall reading about that happening during the Second Wizarding War. “I wonder how long it would take for someone to notice we were gone…” Knowing her overprotective dad, probably not very!

Old 06-25-2023, 02:20 AM   #12 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

Quote:

Desiree positively beamed at the compliment. The more she thought about it, the more clearly she visualized her design. She agreed with Mouse; it would be beautiful! “I can’t take all the credit. You gave me the inspiration,” she replied with a soft giggle.

Another giggle escaped her at the song. She hadn’t even thought of that when she spoke! It was a completely accidental Disney reference, but she decided to go with it! “Wouldn’t you think we’re the girls, the girls who have everything?” she joined in, twirling around the room as she sang. She stopped in front of a shelf of purple fabric, searching for the perfect shade to match Rapunzel’s.

She considered the question, imagining the two of them spending the entire term in this room. “It could probably happen,” she said, nodding. “The room could always create a passage into Hogsmeade if we needed food.” She seemed to recall reading about that happening during the Second Wizarding War. “I wonder how long it would take for someone to notice we were gone…” Knowing her overprotective dad, probably not very!
Mouse gave a fake courtesy then, deciding it was fruitless to argue with the Hufflepuff in a battle of complimenting the other. "Well, I'm happy to inspire anytime." She settled on in response.

When two people were as obsessed with Disney as Desiree and herself, it made perfect sense to Mouse that accidental references could happen all over the place. She knew she said a lot of things, or even unconsciously was drawn to different patterns, that were somewhat remnant of one of the classics. Some might have viewed that as a problem, but to her to be surrounding by subtle Disney all the time certainly sounded heavenly. So as Desiree sang the song with her, she just joined in the twirling around the room, but letting her feet take her towards blues which she always seemed to be drawn to. "We've got buttons and zippers a-plenty!" She knew she was skipping a bit of song, but she was doing it in the spirit of being silly as she found a pretty blue lace trim.

"Food is covered then! What other necessities could we possibly need?" Well.. class time was a thing, and it was an important exam year for both of them but... Pshaw. That was a problem for another day. "I imagine it would be one of our dorm mates who noticed first. Or.. maybe a Professor when we didn't show up for multiple classes."

Old 06-27-2023, 08:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Mouse gave a fake courtesy then, deciding it was fruitless to argue with the Hufflepuff in a battle of complimenting the other. "Well, I'm happy to inspire anytime." She settled on in response.

When two people were as obsessed with Disney as Desiree and herself, it made perfect sense to Mouse that accidental references could happen all over the place. She knew she said a lot of things, or even unconsciously was drawn to different patterns, that were somewhat remnant of one of the classics. Some might have viewed that as a problem, but to her to be surrounding by subtle Disney all the time certainly sounded heavenly. So as Desiree sang the song with her, she just joined in the twirling around the room, but letting her feet take her towards blues which she always seemed to be drawn to. "We've got buttons and zippers a-plenty!" She knew she was skipping a bit of song, but she was doing it in the spirit of being silly as she found a pretty blue lace trim.

"Food is covered then! What other necessities could we possibly need?" Well.. class time was a thing, and it was an important exam year for both of them but... Pshaw. That was a problem for another day. "I imagine it would be one of our dorm mates who noticed first. Or.. maybe a Professor when we didn't show up for multiple classes."
Nope, there was no use in arguing! Desiree was a Hufflepuff after all - modest to a fault! Still giggling, she returned Mouse’s curtsey.

As far as Desiree was concerned, there was no such thing as a problem with Disney references! While it may not be the most typical interest for a girl her age, Disney movies were generally joyous and uplifting. Plus, it wasn’t hurting anyone. Going into full ballerina mode, she did a few pirouettes and a grand jete in front of the fabric shelf. “We’ve got fabric and baubles galore!” she continued the song.

A certain bolt of fabric caught her eye. It was a nice sturdy linen in a beautiful shade of purple - perfect for a Tiana-Rapunzel hybrid dress. She picked up the fabric and placed it on a sewing table. Now she needed some buttons, maybe something that looked like a golden sun. As she searched, she considered the logistics of the two of them staying in the room all term. She could think of a few more necessities, like beds, a loo, a shower, beauty products, and lots of dolls and stuffed animals. Before she could voice any of those ideas, Mouse’s words had her laughing. “Better any of them than my dad! If he thought I was missing, he’d probably come here and tear the whole castle apart searching!” She was only half joking!

Old 07-03-2023, 03:41 AM   #14 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

The seventh year watched as Desiree let her dancer side take over, giving a small clap of applause and her ballet. She was so graceful, it was beautiful to watch! Mouse had only ever learned ballroom herself and couldn't do it nearly with the same elegance as Desiree was currently displaying. Hearing her next addition to the song though, it was so difficult to not erupt into a fit of giggles, instead fighting to keep herself composed as she added another line as well. "Need a thimble for your thumb? We've got plenty!"

She spent some time eying the lace in front of her, before determining she did have an idea of what she was going to do with it so she pulled it from the shelf as well and took it over to a cutting station. She wanted something white as well to go with it, so she went to look at those as well, glancing over at Desiree's progress as she did so. "Oooh, that looks lovely! How's the fabric feel?" Finding her white trim as well, she pulled that from a shelf to join the other, giving a small laugh as the Hufflepuff spoke again. "But that's sweet to know that he'd always be concerned enough to come hunting for you!" Her Dad? She wasn't sure he noticed her much anymore with all the changes from when he married Rosie's mum. But that was alright with her, she spent a lot of her own time focused on maman. "Are you guys really close?"

Old 07-14-2023, 12:11 AM   #15 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement

Quote:
The seventh year watched as Desiree let her dancer side take over, giving a small clap of applause and her ballet. She was so graceful, it was beautiful to watch! Mouse had only ever learned ballroom herself and couldn't do it nearly with the same elegance as Desiree was currently displaying. Hearing her next addition to the song though, it was so difficult to not erupt into a fit of giggles, instead fighting to keep herself composed as she added another line as well. "Need a thimble for your thumb? We've got plenty!"

She spent some time eying the lace in front of her, before determining she did have an idea of what she was going to do with it so she pulled it from the shelf as well and took it over to a cutting station. She wanted something white as well to go with it, so she went to look at those as well, glancing over at Desiree's progress as she did so. "Oooh, that looks lovely! How's the fabric feel?" Finding her white trim as well, she pulled that from a shelf to join the other, giving a small laugh as the Hufflepuff spoke again. "But that's sweet to know that he'd always be concerned enough to come hunting for you!" Her Dad? She wasn't sure he noticed her much anymore with all the changes from when he married Rosie's mum. But that was alright with her, she spent a lot of her own time focused on maman. "Are you guys really close?"
Desiree continued dancing, reversing course as she heard the applause. She turned with a pirouette to face Mouse, curtseying and giggling. The giggling continued at the next lines of the song. The longer the song went on, the harder it got to come up with lyrics, especially while giggling, but she’d try. “And if that doesn’t work, no big deal! We’ve got more!” she sang. Seriously, how did Mouse keep coming up with such good lyrics.

Desiree’s bright blue eyes landed on the lace in front of Mouse. “Ooh, pretty lace! What are you going to do with it?” she asked. As the conversation turned to her purple fabric, so did her attention. “It’s a little stiff,” she replied, running a finger over the fabric, “but nothing a little fabric softener won’t fix. Anyway, it’s the right color for Rapunzel and the right type and weight for career wear.” An idea suddenly occurred to her, and she wondered if there were any gold sun-shaped buttons she could use.

She searched the drawer nearest to her, smiling as the subject turned to her dad. Sweet was the perfect word to describe him! “It is sweet, in a sort of overprotective way,” she agreed with a soft laugh. “He worries about me being here at Hogwarts.” A little too much sometimes! “He used to teach here, and he faced some crazy stuff.” Like poltergeist weddings, strange portals, cults, and Inferi attacks, for example! “I think he’s afraid I will too.” Though so far, her years at Hogwarts had been pretty quiet. The worst that had happened to her was Peeves turning her into a wombat, which was humiliating but not as bad as portal monsters or Inferi!

“Oh, yes! We’ve always been close, except…” Her smile faded slightly, and her voice trailed off before she could finish her sentence. She was going to say, except for one time when I was a baby, but it made her sad to think about it. “Never mind,” she said. “You should meet him sometime. He’s lovely.”

Old 07-15-2023, 08:32 PM   #16 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

Quote:

Desiree continued dancing, reversing course as she heard the applause. She turned with a pirouette to face Mouse, curtseying and giggling. The giggling continued at the next lines of the song. The longer the song went on, the harder it got to come up with lyrics, especially while giggling, but she’d try. “And if that doesn’t work, no big deal! We’ve got more!” she sang. Seriously, how did Mouse keep coming up with such good lyrics.

Desiree’s bright blue eyes landed on the lace in front of Mouse. “Ooh, pretty lace! What are you going to do with it?” she asked. As the conversation turned to her purple fabric, so did her attention. “It’s a little stiff,” she replied, running a finger over the fabric, “but nothing a little fabric softener won’t fix. Anyway, it’s the right color for Rapunzel and the right type and weight for career wear.” An idea suddenly occurred to her, and she wondered if there were any gold sun-shaped buttons she could use.

She searched the drawer nearest to her, smiling as the subject turned to her dad. Sweet was the perfect word to describe him! “It is sweet, in a sort of overprotective way,” she agreed with a soft laugh. “He worries about me being here at Hogwarts.” A little too much sometimes! “He used to teach here, and he faced some crazy stuff.” Like poltergeist weddings, strange portals, cults, and Inferi attacks, for example! “I think he’s afraid I will too.” Though so far, her years at Hogwarts had been pretty quiet. The worst that had happened to her was Peeves turning her into a wombat, which was humiliating but not as bad as portal monsters or Inferi!

“Oh, yes! We’ve always been close, except…” Her smile faded slightly, and her voice trailed off before she could finish her sentence. She was going to say, except for one time when I was a baby, but it made her sad to think about it. “Never mind,” she said. “You should meet him sometime. He’s lovely.”
More giggles could be heard from the Ravenclaw in response to Desiree's continuation of the song. Though unfortunately, her creativity for song lyrics had run dry as she couldn't think of any other lyrics to add. "I think that's all this poor unfortunate soul has for the song." She replied, smiling with amusement at at least still being able to add in another The Little Mermaid quote.

Grabbing a nice white, she pulled that off the rack as well and set it down to join the lace. "I was thinking it'd make a pretty trim on one of the hats. The white would give it a nice pop against the straw coloring too and I'm thinking i might be able to use these two colors to build a Cinderella vibe." She'd need to play around with some more of the details, however. For now, she'd cut the lace and white to size and see about fastening them before picking through pearls and buttons. "You think this room gave us a wash basin anywhere to prepare the fabrics as well?" She glanced around looking for something of the sort.

Talking about parents lately always made her feel the slightest twinge of regret. She'd never appreciated her family dynamic when it had been just the three of them. And now that Papa had remarried and Maman was alone back in France well... her father seemed more preoccupied with his relationship than his growing daughter. And her maman was rather bitter and tended to always point the conversation around Papa when she went to see her. Being at Hogwarts and away from the pair of them had been a blessing in disguise. And while Rosie had not initially been Mouse's favorite person, she didn't much mind her young Hufflepuff step-sister now. At least her Mum also seemed more attentive - and Papa wanted to make a good impression so he was as well.

Except now wasn't the time to dwell on her own family. Pushing aside all thoughts that could be akin to jealousy, she simply smiled at Desiree and gave a small chuckle. "Well, from stories I've heard of Hogwarts - it seems unsurprising he would be concerned!" Though thankfully her own experience had also been rather quiet. "What did he used to teach when he worked here?" She noticed the faltering in Desiree's words, but considering the look in her friends eyes... she chose to not push it, instead just giving a small nod in understanding. "I would love to meet him sometime!"

Old 07-23-2023, 06:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement

Quote:
More giggles could be heard from the Ravenclaw in response to Desiree's continuation of the song. Though unfortunately, her creativity for song lyrics had run dry as she couldn't think of any other lyrics to add. "I think that's all this poor unfortunate soul has for the song." She replied, smiling with amusement at at least still being able to add in another The Little Mermaid quote.

Grabbing a nice white, she pulled that off the rack as well and set it down to join the lace. "I was thinking it'd make a pretty trim on one of the hats. The white would give it a nice pop against the straw coloring too and I'm thinking i might be able to use these two colors to build a Cinderella vibe." She'd need to play around with some more of the details, however. For now, she'd cut the lace and white to size and see about fastening them before picking through pearls and buttons. "You think this room gave us a wash basin anywhere to prepare the fabrics as well?" She glanced around looking for something of the sort.

Talking about parents lately always made her feel the slightest twinge of regret. She'd never appreciated her family dynamic when it had been just the three of them. And now that Papa had remarried and Maman was alone back in France well... her father seemed more preoccupied with his relationship than his growing daughter. And her maman was rather bitter and tended to always point the conversation around Papa when she went to see her. Being at Hogwarts and away from the pair of them had been a blessing in disguise. And while Rosie had not initially been Mouse's favorite person, she didn't much mind her young Hufflepuff step-sister now. At least her Mum also seemed more attentive - and Papa wanted to make a good impression so he was as well.

Except now wasn't the time to dwell on her own family. Pushing aside all thoughts that could be akin to jealousy, she simply smiled at Desiree and gave a small chuckle. "Well, from stories I've heard of Hogwarts - it seems unsurprising he would be concerned!" Though thankfully her own experience had also been rather quiet. "What did he used to teach when he worked here?" She noticed the faltering in Desiree's words, but considering the look in her friends eyes... she chose to not push it, instead just giving a small nod in understanding. "I would love to meet him sometime!"
Desiree blinked, slightly surprised when Mouse didn’t continue the song, but the Little Mermaid reference had her giggling again. At a loss for the perfect quote to respond with, she turned her attention to the white fabric and lace trim instead. “Ooh, that’ll be so pretty!” she exclaimed. A thought occurred to her, and she added, “That color palette sort of reminds me of Cinderella’s wedding dress at the end of the movie. Are you going to attach a veil to the hat?” Ooh, what if they found a bluebird or two to add to represent Cinderella’s bird friends?

Desiree was so excited about Mouse’s hat design that she almost didn’t hear the question. “I think I saw one at the back,” she replied, her bright blue eyes scanning the room in search of a wash basin. “I’ll look. I need to find a pattern for my dress anyway.” She moved toward the back of the room, rifling through a revolving rack of patterns, and she saw the wash basin. “Yeah, it’s back here.”

Returning to the sewing table with a pattern that resembled Tiana’s waitress dress, Desiree noticed that Mouse had gone quiet. Was everything okay? She looked at her friend, but before she could say anything, Mouse was chuckling. That got a soft giggle from Desiree. “That’s true,” she said, nodding in agreement. “It certainly makes my Hogwarts experience look tame by comparison!” At least she never had to fight any monsters (yet)! She positively beamed at the question about her dad. “He taught charms. My mum was a professor too. She taught History of Magic, but Dad was here longer.”

He might still work here if it hadn’t been for a certain tyrant named Julian Scrimgeour! Oh yes, she knew all about that man and his cruel curriculum! The thought made Desiree too angry, so she pushed it out of her mind, focusing instead on the possibility of Mouse meeting her dad. “Great! Maybe you can visit over the summer break.” She’d ask about it in her next letter home!

Old 08-01-2023, 04:34 AM   #18 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

The wedding dress was not something she had considered, but as Desiree mentioned it she looked it over again before nodding in agreement. It would fit really well for that type of vibe - and she also DID like the idea of a veil but her concern was it would make the hat too hard to match with an appropriate outfit. A veil just made it seem so dressy. But her mind went a similar place to Desiree's along the bluebird thought and she moved around to look through embroidered patches and buttons to see if anything would be fitting for what she was now envisioning. "I think it might be cute if I made the veil part easily detachable. So you could dress the look up for fancier occasion, but also still wear it just as a cute accent for a casual picnic." And it would be easy - all she needed was to find a pin backing and something to be the face and she could attach the veil to it. Leave the ribbon with a little slack in the front so it could attach later and... voila!

Finding a cute embroidered patch with some cartoon style bluebirds (this room really DID know how to provide didn't it?), Mouse dropped it with her other materials before gathering up the fabrics at her friend's call. Giving the fabrics a quick rinse first would make it much easier to work with and taking away any dust particles or creases it was currently holding on to. "Excellent!" She made her way back that direction, reaching out to begin to fill the basin. "Any success with the pattern hunt?"

Mouse was quite certain the Hufflepuff's experience being 'tame' was something her father would have been very grateful for. And she was too! For both of their sakes! "That certainly seems like something to be thankful for!" She grinned at her. It was good things were quite now, but also genuinely just as good that even in the chaos of Mr. Marchand's years here they hadn't resulted in any type of a fatal outcome. She'd certainly heard some whispered horror stories in the halls and library - especially when it came to the war not too many years ago now. "Wow! Both of your parents were Professor's here? Was that how they met then?"

At the invitation to come visit over the summer, Mouse perked and gave an excited nod immediately in response. "I would love that! It'd be nice to meet your family! And to also spend more time with you before school starts back up for you in September!" It would certainly be strange to not be getting back on that train next year - even if she'd only done it one other time already. Hogwarts had quickly felt very familiar, thanks to the people primarily.