sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1189 users online including...
PhoenixRising , Svetlfzi , Ivana R , FredFum , Seo-Ul-ges , Andrewvh , Methrenhow , Vikijuq

8 members
1181 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster Wilber Winterbottom's Reign > Term 64: May - August 2023

Term 64: May - August 2023 Term Sixty-Four: The Future Really Makes You Sphinx (Sept 2110 - June 2111)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2022, 01:40 PM

Default Balcony

The balcony located on the fourth floor is one of the few balconies in the castle. In an opening along the corridor, on the opposite side of the castle from the library, is where you can find this particular balcony. If you ever need a break from doing that lengthy Arithmancy homework or need a place to relax with a friend, this balcony is a great place to get a few minutes of fresh air before getting back to work again.

You will notice that you are approaching the balcony when you can feel a slight change in temperature. During the autumn and spring seasons, the breezes that come through this opening are inviting. The winter months, however, bring forth a chill, even with the nearby torches being lit. No matter the temperature, the fourth-floor balcony always provides some of the most breathtaking sights of the grounds below and mountains beyond as well as a clear view of the Whomping Willow in all of her glory. Keep note that it does get a little wet here when it rains, so make sure you conjure an umbrella.
Old 05-07-2023, 09:58 AM   #2 (permalink)

MO & DoM
Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Allie McKinley
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Mikkel Andreassen
Mysteries

x12 x6
Default Open Post <3
HeadGirlMC | Treddie & Trixiver <3 | Copy Girl | Katie's Ickle Minion | I love YOU more

With the autumn chill quickly approaching, Fynley had decided to visit a lesser known spot in the school which gave the best view across the Hogwarts grounds. Settling into Hogwarts life has thankfully not been too difficult although the loneliness of not knowing so many people was starting to affect him. Fynn had never been fond of being on his own - he found that alone time left him within his thoughts and the fifteen year old would rather shove them aside and think about more trivial matters. Still, being alone was better than being at home right now where the obvious favouritism towards his younger sister was apparent. He’d received one owl from his mum so far congratulating him on his sorting and asking how he’d settled in but nothing since then.

With no one else around and therefore nothing to do, the Slytherin stepped out into the balcony and leaned his arms on the edge taking in the spectacular view. Did he miss his friends back at Ilvermorny? Absolutely. Was he hopeful for his life at Hogwarts? Of course. He just had to get through the small matter of OWL’s first.
Old 05-08-2023, 01:52 AM   #3 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Default let's see if I can confuse myself with their similar names
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottiepot View Post
With the autumn chill quickly approaching, Fynley had decided to visit a lesser known spot in the school which gave the best view across the Hogwarts grounds. Settling into Hogwarts life has thankfully not been too difficult although the loneliness of not knowing so many people was starting to affect him. Fynn had never been fond of being on his own - he found that alone time left him within his thoughts and the fifteen year old would rather shove them aside and think about more trivial matters. Still, being alone was better than being at home right now where the obvious favouritism towards his younger sister was apparent. He’d received one owl from his mum so far congratulating him on his sorting and asking how he’d settled in but nothing since then.

With no one else around and therefore nothing to do, the Slytherin stepped out into the balcony and leaned his arms on the edge taking in the spectacular view. Did he miss his friends back at Ilvermorny? Absolutely. Was he hopeful for his life at Hogwarts? Of course. He just had to get through the small matter of OWL’s first.
Finn found he had a lot more time to take a break and get outside so far this term, compared to last term. Besides no longer needing (choosing) to study for his O.W.L.s in every spare moment, he had fewer classes, so had more spare moments. Which was generally a good thing, but it left more time for him to think, and think, and think. And too much thinking led to worrying, and he needed some fresh air.

Fresh air was good for stopping worrying, especially if it was chilly.

He thought the balcony would be empty, but as he stepped out, he realized there was another teenager already there. Finn hesitated, but decided he didn't mind company. And if the other kid didn't mind, either, they'd be golden. "Hello," he said in a cheerful tone that did not at all match how he was feeling. He pulled on his practiced, friendly smile. "Mind if I join you?"
Old 05-08-2023, 03:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

MO & DoM
Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Allie McKinley
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Mikkel Andreassen
Mysteries

x12 x6
HeadGirlMC | Treddie & Trixiver <3 | Copy Girl | Katie's Ickle Minion | I love YOU more

Of course Fynn didn’t mind the company, in fact if anything he wanted someone to talk to rather than being alone. The fifteen year old didn’t cope so well on his lonesome. He supposed he should be spending this time studying, doing his homework or preparing for his OWL’s that would inevitably come around a lot quicker than he thought. But Fynley wasn’t studious, he hated reading and his attention span didn’t last long enough to sit still and copy out of a textbook over and over again. Fynn had got through his first few years at Ilvermorny on a whisker by copying others and doing the bare minimum. Sadly that just wouldn’t cut it at Hogwarts.

“Not at all” he smiled at the stranger indicating to the empty spot beside him. “I wasn’t doing much anyway, just taking in the view.” And what a view it was.
Old 05-10-2023, 03:51 AM   #5 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Of course Fynn didn’t mind the company, in fact if anything he wanted someone to talk to rather than being alone. The fifteen year old didn’t cope so well on his lonesome. He supposed he should be spending this time studying, doing his homework or preparing for his OWL’s that would inevitably come around a lot quicker than he thought. But Fynley wasn’t studious, he hated reading and his attention span didn’t last long enough to sit still and copy out of a textbook over and over again. Fynn had got through his first few years at Ilvermorny on a whisker by copying others and doing the bare minimum. Sadly that just wouldn’t cut it at Hogwarts.

“Not at all” he smiled at the stranger indicating to the empty spot beside him. “I wasn’t doing much anyway, just taking in the view.” And what a view it was.
Not at all? Excellent. Finn flashed a smile and took the proffered spot, leaning a bit against the edge. "I was in need of some fresh air," he said, demonstrating this by taking a big breath and sighing contentedly. He peeked at the view, but he'd seen it before, so he wasn't too impressed today. From he other kid's accent, he guessed he had not necessarily seen the view before.

"Finn," he added, patting himself on the chest by way of introduction. "Finn Clarke. I'm a sixth year." He cocked an eyebrow at the...younger? boy, waiting expectantly for his name.
Old 05-10-2023, 04:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

MO & DoM
Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Allie McKinley
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Mikkel Andreassen
Mysteries

x12 x6

Heh.

Fynn couldn’t help the slightly amused smile at the mention of the other boys name. Of course it wasn’t totally uncommon to have the same name as someone else in the school, in fact it would be surprising if there wasn’t doubles. What was amusing was that the guy who happened to randomly joined him was the one with same name. “Same,” he replied. “About Fynn I mean. I’m Fynley, with a Y instead of an I” he chuckled. His Mum had insisted that switching the vowel was very important. He supposed it made him appear different although the fifteen year old didn’t care about being ‘unique’.

“Fifth year,” he stated responding to Finn telling him his year too. “It’s my first year at Hogwarts though.” Which would explain why he hadn’t seen him around before more than his weird concoction of American and British accents. The joy of having dual nationality parents. “Nice to meet you.” The thing he had noticed about the school so far was that everyone was overly polite and friendly. There were of course exceptions but Fynn hadn’t had much experience with those yet.
Old 05-22-2023, 11:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:

Heh.

Fynn couldn’t help the slightly amused smile at the mention of the other boys name. Of course it wasn’t totally uncommon to have the same name as someone else in the school, in fact it would be surprising if there wasn’t doubles. What was amusing was that the guy who happened to randomly joined him was the one with same name. “Same,” he replied. “About Fynn I mean. I’m Fynley, with a Y instead of an I” he chuckled. His Mum had insisted that switching the vowel was very important. He supposed it made him appear different although the fifteen year old didn’t care about being ‘unique’.

“Fifth year,” he stated responding to Finn telling him his year too. “It’s my first year at Hogwarts though.” Which would explain why he hadn’t seen him around before more than his weird concoction of American and British accents. The joy of having dual nationality parents. “Nice to meet you.” The thing he had noticed about the school so far was that everyone was overly polite and friendly. There were of course exceptions but Fynn hadn’t had much experience with those yet.
Flabbergasted. The redhead blinked at the other boy, Fynn apparently. Couldn't he have anything that was just his? Most people had their own birthday or their own name, but nope, Finn had to share the first with Matilda and Lydia, and now the latter with this...perfectly nice new student.

Shaking his head to clear it of the distracting and dissatisfied thoughts, Finn smiled at Fynn. "Well, welcome," he said, gesturing with one long arm at the castle behind them. "I hope you don't get lost. But if you do, some of the portraits can be helpful." And most of the ghosts, too. "You transferred, then?" he asked, wanting to be sure. He'd learned some people did homeschooling, so that was a posssibility. Or maybe...Ilvermorny, based on the other Fynn's accent.
Old 05-24-2023, 07:46 PM   #8 (permalink)

MO & DoM
Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Allie McKinley
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Mikkel Andreassen
Mysteries

x12 x6

Sharing a name wasn’t that bad, was it? Fynn had never met someone who had the same spelling as he did, probably because his parents had decided to be ‘unique’, but he had come across others before. Being in a school with that many students it was likely that repeated names would come up again. Maybe it was because Fynn was incredibly laid back and didn’t care about these things but it never occurred to him that it would be an issue.

“Thanks” the fifth year smiled. “As long as I don’t walk into the wrong classroom. Think I’ve worked out where my Common Room is and the Great Hall for dinner. Feel like those are priorities.” In his opinion anyway. Eating and sleeping were top tier for the fifteen year old with maybe the Quidditch pitch thrown in for good measure. “From Ilvermorny” he answered the question about transferring. “But I’m from here originally. I moved to the US at ten years old.” Hence the accent.
Old 05-27-2023, 11:01 PM   #9 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Sharing a name wasn’t that bad, was it? Fynn had never met someone who had the same spelling as he did, probably because his parents had decided to be ‘unique’, but he had come across others before. Being in a school with that many students it was likely that repeated names would come up again. Maybe it was because Fynn was incredibly laid back and didn’t care about these things but it never occurred to him that it would be an issue.

“Thanks” the fifth year smiled. “As long as I don’t walk into the wrong classroom. Think I’ve worked out where my Common Room is and the Great Hall for dinner. Feel like those are priorities.” In his opinion anyway. Eating and sleeping were top tier for the fifteen year old with maybe the Quidditch pitch thrown in for good measure. “From Ilvermorny” he answered the question about transferring. “But I’m from here originally. I moved to the US at ten years old.” Hence the accent.
Yes, it was that bad to Finn. He had to share a lot of things, and so far his name hadn't been one of them. Objectively he knew it didn't matter, but his sixteen-year-old brain couldn't be objective about this.

Finn nodded. "Sleeping and eating are good priorities," he said. He wholeheartedly agreed, having made the long trip from the Gryffindor common room to the Great Hall or kitchens enough times to appreciate knowing the route by heart. "Has anyone shown you the kitchens?" If not, he'd gladly show the other Fynn where they were located. It was beneficial, especially during O.W.L. study times, to know where to get a snack at an odd time.

"What's Ilvermorny like?" he asked, curious. He'd never had the chance to ask that of anyone who knew, and he wondered what the differences between the schools were. Other than probably the weather and houses.
Old 05-28-2023, 09:06 AM   #10 (permalink)

MO & DoM
Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Allie McKinley
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Mikkel Andreassen
Mysteries

x12 x6

If it really bothered Finn that much and if the fifteen year old had the opportunity to, he would’ve changed his name. But alas, his parents had specifically selected that name and the weird variation on the spelling and he was stuck with it. Finn could call him whatever he liked if it so satisfied him.

Fynley agreed that he had his priorities set straight. Eating, sleeping and practicing sports outside were top of his list and unfortunately for both the Professors and his impending OWL’s studying was demoted further down. “I have the advantage of having a common room nearer to the kitchens,” he commented. “Although I feel bad interrupting the house elves when they’re making dinner.” At fifteen and already encroaching six foot, the Slytherin dwarfed the poor creatures and didn’t want to cause a distraction when they were already so hard at work.

Ilvermorny had been home to Fynn for four years and yet didn’t feel as much like home as Hogwarts had. The boy had grown up in the UK after all and had attended St Woboldo’s originally so it had been a big change to adapt to the American school. “It was good. The lessons were a little bit different and they had different names and policies for things and we weren’t allowed to take our wands home with us until we were seventeen. But in principle it’s much the same, it’s a big castle you go to to get taught magic.” he chuckled.

Old 05-29-2023, 10:07 PM   #11 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:
If it really bothered Finn that much and if the fifteen year old had the opportunity to, he would’ve changed his name. But alas, his parents had specifically selected that name and the weird variation on the spelling and he was stuck with it. Finn could call him whatever he liked if it so satisfied him.

Fynley agreed that he had his priorities set straight. Eating, sleeping and practicing sports outside were top of his list and unfortunately for both the Professors and his impending OWL’s studying was demoted further down. “I have the advantage of having a common room nearer to the kitchens,” he commented. “Although I feel bad interrupting the house elves when they’re making dinner.” At fifteen and already encroaching six foot, the Slytherin dwarfed the poor creatures and didn’t want to cause a distraction when they were already so hard at work.

Ilvermorny had been home to Fynn for four years and yet didn’t feel as much like home as Hogwarts had. The boy had grown up in the UK after all and had attended St Woboldo’s originally so it had been a big change to adapt to the American school. “It was good. The lessons were a little bit different and they had different names and policies for things and we weren’t allowed to take our wands home with us until we were seventeen. But in principle it’s much the same, it’s a big castle you go to to get taught magic.” he chuckled.

"That must be nice,"
Finn said with a quick nod. That was probably the best part of being a Slytherin or a Hufflepuff, was the proximity to food. "I always have to decide whether it's really worth all the stairs if I'm hungry up in the Gryffindor tower," he said. It helped with discipline, he thought, and helped him pay closer attention to his stomach whenever he was preparing to head back to the dormitories.

The redhead's eyebrows raised when other Fynn said they didn't take their wands home over the summer. "That's... don't they trust you?" he asked with a joking smile. Hogwarts students still weren't allowed to use their wands during school holidays, but he thought there was some clause about using magic in emergencies or something. He couldn't remember.

"Why'd you transfer?" he asked curiously. Not that it was any of his business, but they did share a name. And Finn wasn't the secretive type, so he'd happily answer any prying questions Fynn asked in return.
Old 05-29-2023, 11:35 PM   #12 (permalink)

MO & DoM
Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Allie McKinley
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Mikkel Andreassen
Mysteries

x12 x6

Fynn had not worked out why they hadn’t installed elevators into the school yet. He was a very sporty boy and thought himself physically very fit but going from his common room all the way up to the Astronomy tower was quite some trek and it even left him out of breath sometimes. “There should be some form of delivery service,” he laughed. Either that or he’d guess the Claw’s and the Lion’s would just have to keep a huge stash of snacks in the dormitories.

“Clearly not” he chuckled in response to the question about not being trusted. “They’re weirdly a lot stricter about secrecy over there, I guess they just didn’t want any chance of us ‘accidentally’ performing magic in front of Muggles.” Fynley wasn’t the sort to walk around throwing out spells anyway but it would’ve been nice to have the opportunity to practice if he wanted to.

Transferring hadn’t been a choice of Fynn’s at all. In fact attending Hogwarts had always been his first choice which had been rudely taken away from him when the family moved over. “My Dad changed jobs so we moved back here.” he shrugged. “I was brought up here originally anyway, it feels more like home.” He was at that age that he felt like he could refuse to move again should the need arise.