FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Hogwarts RPG

Students: 9872
Classes: 15
Professors: 12

View Points

Members

There are 1088 users online including...
Chelliephone , Richardjuind , Eldartla , DuckyLinJi , Kimothy , Albertrhaw

8 members
1080 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster Wilber Winterbottom's Reign > Term 64: May - August 2023

Term 64: May - August 2023 Term Sixty-Four: The Future Really Makes You Sphinx (Sept 2110 - June 2111)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2022, 11:27 PM

Default Spirit Room

The door to a mysterious door opens to reveal a dank and dusty room, which shows more than obvious signs that it has been vacant for years. Black sheets cover the furniture. Cobwebs fill every nook, cranny, and everything in between -- including a cup filled with wooden potion stirrers. The heavy scent of mildew permeates every aspect of the room as jet-black candles emit blue flames and an old record player screeches in the corner.

For the most part, this is where the majority of the ghosts that haunt the school gather when they want to avoid the living that run about the floors above. What they do here isn't really any of your business. Some of the ghosts that float about this room will remind you of that if they catch you invading their private space. If you're lucky, though, maybe the day you step inside this room is when Sir Nicholas is hosting his Deathday Party, a celebration that he most certainly will encourage you to stick around for. If that day is not today, you had better have a good excuse for being here.
Old 06-02-2023, 10:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Helena Ravenclaw
Default Rowan Stump (Zoe) - Job Interview
Resident Ghost of Ravenclaw | Intelligent & Evasive

Lady Helena was inexperienced with job interviews, as such things did not exist in her day. Nonetheless she was happy to help the staff and students alike with this little venture. She hoped these interviews would expand the students’ knowledge and quite possibly her own as well.

The Ravenclaw ghost hovered gracefully in place. She sincerely hoped Miss Stump would find the interview location beneficial. She had chosen the spirit room because it was a quiet place to think, and if she recalled correctly, the girl had a talent for divination and an interest in the spiritual realm. There was little to do now except wait.
Old 06-05-2023, 12:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
Zoe
Dark Force Defense League

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

There was an extra spring in her step today for a number of reasons. Her tea leaves that morning had promising results. She didn't know what the future held, but it was bright. Lo and behold, when Rowan received a message about her job consultation, it seemed that the leaves were spot on. She was invited to the Spirit Room, which was a place she knew of but had never ventured into out of respect for the deceased, and she would be having some one-to-one time with Helena Ravenclaw.

After opening the door to the room, she ... well, she didn't quite know what to expect. Needless to say, her dark brown eyes were darting all over the place, soaking in everything as it all was new to her. It was quite dusty and quiet, which only made her wonder what Deathday parties were like in such a space.

The ghost of Ravenclaw was not lost in the blue flames. Rowan very much noticed the grey lady patiently waiting for her arrival. Inching closer, the Hufflepuff smiled and greeted the ghost. "Good day, Lady Ravenclaw. How are you?" She even curtsied.

Last edited by Zoe; 06-05-2023 at 01:01 AM.
Old 06-11-2023, 08:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Helena Ravenclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
There was an extra spring in her step today for a number of reasons. Her tea leaves that morning had promising results. She didn't know what the future held, but it was bright. Lo and behold, when Rowan received a message about her job consultation, it seemed that the leaves were spot on. She was invited to the Spirit Room, which was a place she knew of but had never ventured into out of respect for the deceased, and she would be having some one-to-one time with Helena Ravenclaw.

After opening the door to the room, she ... well, she didn't quite know what to expect. Needless to say, her dark brown eyes were darting all over the place, soaking in everything as it all was new to her. It was quite dusty and quiet, which only made her wonder what Deathday parties were like in such a space.

The ghost of Ravenclaw was not lost in the blue flames. Rowan very much noticed the grey lady patiently waiting for her arrival. Inching closer, the Hufflepuff smiled and greeted the ghost. "Good day, Lady Ravenclaw. How are you?" She even curtsied.
Still floating in place, Lady Helena’s attention turned to the door as it opened, and Miss Stump stepped into the room. Her eyes darted in the same direction as the girl’s. Her curiosity was only natural. Most people did not get to witness the spirit room firsthand.

“Good day, Miss Stump. I am well, thank you. Yourself?” the Ravenclaw ghost replied with a slight incline of the head. While the curtsey was not necessary, she appreciated the girl’s politeness. She especially appreciated the use of her real name as opposed to that atrocious “Grey Lady” nickname. Many were not so considerate!

“It is my understanding that you have a talent for divination. What is it about that subject that captures your interest?”.
Old 06-14-2023, 07:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Zoe

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

Already a million thoughts were forming in her mind about the space. Was this always a spirit room, or did the ghosts just inhabit it one day? Did the room have other uses besides Deathly parties? Is there a specific time or day when the room was more active? Who were known to be regulars in the space? Would she be welcome back in the room later so she could speak with them? She had many questions about the spiritual realm.

But, of course, such things would have to be put on hold for now. This meeting with Helena Ravenclaw, after all, was meant to be about her and potential careers. The Hufflepuff's eyes focused on the tall and serene ghost. "Glad to hear that. As for me, I am doing quite well myself. I am very excited to be here and appreciate this opportunity."

Her face lit up (as much as it could in such a dim place) when the lady brought up her talent for divination. "There are a number of reasons why I find the subject so captivating. I feel it is a unique way to seek guidance and insight into one's life. For as long as I can remember, I have been drawn to the unknown, and it also brings me comfort feeling a connection to something that is greater than myself."

Old 06-18-2023, 06:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Helena Ravenclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Already a million thoughts were forming in her mind about the space. Was this always a spirit room, or did the ghosts just inhabit it one day? Did the room have other uses besides Deathly parties? Is there a specific time or day when the room was more active? Who were known to be regulars in the space? Would she be welcome back in the room later so she could speak with them? She had many questions about the spiritual realm.

But, of course, such things would have to be put on hold for now. This meeting with Helena Ravenclaw, after all, was meant to be about her and potential careers. The Hufflepuff's eyes focused on the tall and serene ghost. "Glad to hear that. As for me, I am doing quite well myself. I am very excited to be here and appreciate this opportunity."

Her face lit up (as much as it could in such a dim place) when the lady brought up her talent for divination. "There are a number of reasons why I find the subject so captivating. I feel it is a unique way to seek guidance and insight into one's life. For as long as I can remember, I have been drawn to the unknown, and it also brings me comfort feeling a connection to something that is greater than myself."
Lady Helena studied the young lady for a moment. She seemed awfully lost in thought. Mildly curious as to what those thoughts were, she tilted her head to one side as if to invite the girl to say what was on her mind.

The expression of gratitude received a small nod in acknowledgement. “It is my pleasure,” the ghost replied. “I hope this will be an enlightening experience.”

She considered the girl’s points. “Astute reasoning, Miss Stump. Do you have a preferred method of divination? Perhaps that would guide us to a potential career path.”
Old 06-21-2023, 07:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Zoe

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8

Rowan was curious about quite a bit, though the connection between the natural world and the spiritual realm did take up quite a bit of space. The look on the lady's face was enough for her to infer that she had been caught lost in her thoughts. She smiled at the ghost, deciding it might be rude to ask a ton of questions right away when their purpose here in the spirit room was to consult about potential careers.

"It already is an enlightening experience, Lady Ravenclaw," she responded. After a brief pause, she then added, "I do have a few questions for you, but they ... aren't necessarily job-related. If you don't mind me asking them and have time, they can wait until after our career discussion."

Speaking of the career discussion, the Hufflepuff took a moment to consider all of the divination methods she had practiced so far. "I do enjoy the different forms of scrying, whether it be with crystals, a mirror, crystal ball, or water. Rune casting and theriomancy are also high on my preferences too."

Old 06-24-2023, 10:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Helena Ravenclaw

Lady Helena gave a soft smile. “I am glad you think so, Miss Stump,” she replied. Her smile grew as she listened. She did not mind questions. On the contrary, she was pleased with the girl’s willingness to ask them. It was a trait that sadly too few possessed. “Not at all. It would be my pleasure to expand your knowledge.”

Although she was curious herself as to what those questions were, the matter would have to wait. The interview needed her focus first. “Ah yes, the ancient art of scrying,” Lady Helena said. “I always considered that one of the most practical forms of divination due to the portability and availability of scrying materials. That method could serve you well in a career that requires travel. Many wizarding world leaders here and abroad seek Seers’ advice in making decisions. Our own Ministry employs many Seers in the hall of prophecy. Such careers involve interpreting and cataloging prophecies. Do any of these careers interest you?"
Old 06-26-2023, 11:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Zoe

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8

The smile was returned with her own. This time, though, the smile seemingly was a little larger than it had been. It wasn't every day one got to hang out in the spirit room and make conversation with Helena Ravenclaw, who just so happened to agree to answer all of the questions that she had. It most certainly was a good day today.

Already Rowan was ready to spit out all of the thoughts that she had roaming about her mind. She did contain herself, knowing that there was a time and a place for such curiosities to be made known. If only she had a quill on her to write them all down as they came to her so she wouldn't forget. Then again, she was perfectly fine with letting things flow naturally as the course of a river did. It was likely that she had more than enough questions for the ghost before her.

"It certainly is practical," she agreed. "I find it to also be a great way to explore our liminal perception and develop intuition." When travel and the Ministry were mentioned, a momentary pause occurred to consider the options. "I do like the sound of travel being involved. It would be quite an adventure working around the globe and learning from different places and people."