sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1039 users online including...
astrocat , Stevendalo , Marinahgl , DonaldSom , PhoenixRising

7 members
1032 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Ministry Archive > Charles Hollingberry Era

Charles Hollingberry Era All historical records pertaining to Ministry of Magic RPG under Minister for Magic, Charles Hollingberry [IC March 2097 - present; OOC November 2018 - present]

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 10-20-2021, 01:31 PM

Default Adventure Course Celebration

A month after resuming full-time operations, the Ministry of Magic department heads are providing a special sports day and team building exercises as a change of pace from the grueling routine that comes with being employed by the Ministry. Headed by the Department of International Magical Cooperation and the Department for Magical Games and Sports, this event is held in a spacious clearing in the midst of dense woodland, far from prying muggle eyes and with the usual security charms in place.

The Quidditch World Cup will this year be hosted by none other than Japan. At the food and drink area on the left hand side as you enter the clearing kept comfortable in thanks to some potent Heating Charms, you will find a variety of dishes and snacks specific to Japan among the refreshments on offer, though a smaller selection of foods and beverages from all over the world are also available.

An area has been roped off for any employee or guest who would like to test fly the new broom on the market, the Moontrimmer Supreme, with the aid of Games and Sports department head, Peggy Laplace, and her employees. For those employees feeling extra energetic and adventurous, there is a large adventure course overhead, a ropes course wending its way through the trees and providing several elevated obstacles to tackle. The participant logging the fastest time around the course wins a prize bundle comprising an autographed Quidditch uniform, quaffle, and broom from the most recent British and Irish Quidditch League winners, the Kenmare Kestrels.

To the right of the clearing a small arena has been set up; if you are feeling curious, try out some of the wizarding world's old and more obscure sports like Swivenhodge, Shuntbumps, and Stichstock, in relative safety.

Mingle, eat, throw yourself into the activities, and don't forget to take a raffle ticket from a passing mascot, or you'll miss out on the opportunity to win the grand prize: an all expenses paid trip for two to the Quidditch World Cup final in Japan this summer. The winners of the raffle will be announced by Minister Hollingberry later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffle Prizes
  • Top prize: All expenses paid trip for two to the Quidditch World Cup final
  • Locker room meet and great with Quidditch team of your choosing (British and Irish League)
  • Special VIP seats at the Quidditch league match final
  • Dinner with the Quidditch team of your choosing
  • Quaffle signed by Quidditch league team winners
  • Luxury Wizard's Chess set
  • Luxury broom cleaning kit
  • Limited edition Gobstones kit
  • Signed Quidditch Through the Ages books
  • Signed autographs from famous sports personalities
  • Front row/VIP tickets to the Gobstones playoffs
OOC: Please do not RP for any mascot characters as we have special accounts that will be popping in to interact with you. You are free to assume that your character has received a raffle ticket, however. Numbers will be drawn OOC based on post number to determine a winner and at the close of the event a master list will be posted.

Please keep in mind that this is NOT a start of the year event and is, in fact, taking place in February. This means that your characters have already gone through a formal orientation and welcome cocktails back in early January.
Old 10-24-2021, 12:10 AM   #26 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Jane smiled a greeting back at Sachin before she was suddenly enveloped in a scarf by her overly enthusiastic co-worker, Damian, nearly spilling her cup of soup. Really, she was quite all right as she was, having used a number of warming charms of her own, but she appreciated his concern, and so only murmured, "Thank you, Damian." Having so many people crowding around was a bit disconcerting after spending so many weeks recuperating in relative privacy.
Old 10-24-2021, 09:30 AM   #27 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default @Sunny @Chellie {Airey and maybe others coming in later ^__^ ]
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Charles had been floating around here and there, greeting an employee or two as he did so and debating whether or not his refined (not old) joints could handle taking on the adventure course above. Was it any surprise to those who knew them that there was a curious twinkle in his eye as he looked up? But, alas, for now the Minister would remain grounded until he could convince Genevieve to be his partner to take on the course - he knew it would be pointless to attempt without his favorite bodyguard and right hand woman.

Speaking of favorites...his granddaughter ought to be among the crowd gathered her today. He had debated long and hard about placing her in his own office for employment, but ultimately felt it would be a cause for too much discussion. Besides, Isabel would take better care and set his granddaughter on a stronger trajectory working in the greenhouses than Charles could in his office with mostly desk work or working in public relations. Still, he did hope to spot her and do a bit of a casual check in with her to see how her first month was going.

Actually...perhaps he would simply make his way over to his newest department head to check in with her. Two fwoopers, one stone. So off Charles went to speak with Isabel, who was accompanied by a Games and Sports employee he recognized during all those times he had made an excuse to go visit the level to see Victoria on errand. "Ladies, I trust everything is finding you both well," he greeted with a boisterous smile. "The smells bring my back to my younger years when I lived in Japan and worked for their Ministry. If you have not yet savored the takoyaki, I highly recommend you do. One of my personal favorites...and you simply have to give the mayonnaise a test. Very different from the Western variation."

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
Old 10-24-2021, 08:51 PM   #28 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Default Lucas and Aurora and Teddy and Minji and Brody?
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

"Nothing that proper attire and some heating harms can't handle," Peggy quipped when her Quidditch Division Manager appeared next to her. She smiled, pleased he thought everyone would be interested in the Moontrimmer Supreme. It was easy to lose perspective when most of those she interacted with were big sport fans, so she never really knew what the general public thought. "I hope everyone appreciates it," she said, looking around to see others she knew arriving. Games and Sports employees, mostly, for people she recognized. While there were some familiar faces from ministry orientations past, she did not know many outside her level by name.

Okay, maybe a few. She did try to remember names.

"Hello, Aurora," she greeted her friend brightly. "Like any broom, I think its safety depends on the skill of the rider more than the age." There were certainly young witches and wizards who were far better on a broom than some adults. And she couldn't recall if Aurora's daughter was a more skilled rider or a beginner. She gave Teddy a warm smile but did not say anything specific, she was growing more focused on people test riding the broom. She had to ensure everyone's safety, after all.

Peggy smiled brightly as one of her department's newest employees approached. "Minji, hello," she said. "I think everything is under control..." Though she definitely appreciated her eagerness to help. She hadn't been around long, but Peggy could tell the recreational broom sports officer was hard-working. "Please, try out the ropes course or the food. You deserve some fun!" Or the raffle, too, she suppposed. She was assuming that Minji would not care to test ride the broom again, but she wouldn't turn her away either. She gave a look to Lucas as well, ensuring he knew he could go try out the ropes course or the food if he wanted a break.

Three years ago, Gabriel would have absolutely hated this. The cold weather, the casual nature yet still a work event. Today, though, he was looking forward to it. He'd learned how to dress for the weather (and improved his heating charms) and today had a warm beanie on his head to keep warm. Plus, he didn't feel so overwhelmed with the unstructured aspect of it.

Plus, Brody was here. If the activities were a flop, at least he could talk to his friend.

He glanced around, taking a raffle ticket as they arrived and taking it all in. "What do you think, Brody?" he asked. "Food or that adventure course first?"
Old 10-25-2021, 03:11 AM   #29 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
Default Lots of name drops!
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Conley nearly laughed at Damian’s reaction to his hello, but managed to keep it together. He did, however laugh when the man started accosting fussing over Jane. Holiday spirits? Ghosts of Christmas? Mmm… did that mean that Mr. Pendragon worked in the Death Room? Not that Conley knew a lot about level 9. ”The holidays are starting to get fun. My daughter is starting to understand everything which makes it fun.”

He was reaching for a rice cake when Damian shoved a paper towards him. He pulled his glove off with his teeth and then flipped the paperwork open. He glanced it over and then chuckled as he tucked it into a pocket. ”Glad you’re back - wait wendigo?” he wasn’t sure he was familiar with that term.

He gave Jane a big smile. ”It was no problem.” It had been a huge problem. Conley hated hospitals and it had been extremely hard to force himself to go to one, but he had very few friends and he considered Jane one of them. So of course he went. ”You’re back at work though now right? Tea- we need to have tea in my off-”

And then an arm was slipping through his. He might not have known what was going on, but his body certainly did because his arm moved to let Sachin’s link through his and then clamped down as if it was afraid Sachin was going to disappear on him. His head turned to look at Sachin then turned back to Jane only to snap back to Sachin. ”What are you doing here?” To someone else nearby, Conley might have sounded upset, but Sachin would likely know better. Internally his heart was leaping and jumping and so so happy to see him. It was clear from the sparkle in Conley’s eyes as he looked at his husband. ”You should be in bed mon amour,” he protested as he leaned in anyways and gave Sachin a happy kiss.

~~~*~~~

Teddy wasn’t sure if it the was the broom or operator error. Surely the broom wouldn’t go on the market if it wasn’t safe. But he kept the comment to himself and instead sipped his own hot drink as he rubbed Aurora’s arm. He returned Peggy's smile with a big flashy one of his own. Aurora was busy talking and chatting with various people. He was familiar with having to schmooze and mingle with people from his own MACUSA day, but unlike him, his girlfriend was a bit more important. He had turned his attention up to the ropes course above him when Aurora asked about riding tandem. ”Mmm? Only if you fly and I’m the rider.” He winked at her.

As for the winged horses? He too, glanced around at the mention of them. Teddy liked horses. He liked animals of all sorts. Horses could have been fun - scratching a pony's nose was almost as fun as giving puppies tummy rubs. Alas, he heard someone say there weren't any and he sighed. "Think you could arrange a winged horse ride for me sometime? That sounds fun."

Last edited by Krel Ansell; 10-25-2021 at 10:49 PM.
Old 10-25-2021, 02:11 PM   #30 (permalink)

MO & DMT
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jocelyn Bryce
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jina Morin
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Carson Coleman
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Camilo Aguilar
Quality Quidditch Supplies

Diagon Alley Employee:
Tabatha Krauss
Janus Galloglass
books and cleverness | i like you a latte

Upon making eye contact with the G&S department head (Peggy), Isabel returned the wave and a nod. She thought level seven did a great job co-leading the event - she hoped to get a chance to plan an environmental themed orientation in the future!

While she had also hoped no one saw her little stumble, Izzy was still grateful for the younger employee's (Rosemary) friendly question. "Yes, I'm good, thank you. Apparition has never been a strength of mine, ooPS!" she smiled and waved her hands about casually. What she said was a lie, as she was usually good at Apparating, but she thought it would be unnecessary to scare the woman away by ranting about old age affecting her balance.

Speaking of old, ah, there was Minister Hollingberry, his boisterous smile cheering her up as always. "Yep, doing great, Minister. I will have to try the takoyaki, there's such a variety that I couldn't decide what to eat. Would the both of you like to join me at the food table? I'm Isabel, by the way, from the environmental department," she introduced herself to the helpful lady from earlier.

- - -

Already at the food table was Carson Coleman, who felt that he could (and should) keep some distance from his boss to give her and her boyfriend some privacy. He was still ready to jump into personal assistant duty if needed, so he wanted to eat as much of this delicious Japanese food as he could before he was summoned. "Hi Gunnar, hello! I'm Carson," he nodded at his coworker, then the woman beside him (Evelyn), his plate filled with snacks. "Are you guys planning to try any of the activities?"
Old 10-25-2021, 03:34 PM   #31 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Default Alana is hiding, but come get her :)
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

"Now that would have been an idea Jake!" Was she part of his conversation, no, but did she love the idea of some winged horses. "Hey Charles winged horses for the next team building would be great!" She'd have to not come because she had no clue how to ride them, but hey it would still be fun. She grinned and waved at all kinds of people, but she was headed to the food, that was the safest place for her.

Before she could get there though Sophia was asking her a question. "Oh, I think it's this way." She pointed and then laughed, "What the heck, I'll go with you. What do you want to try first? I'll warn you though I have two left feet and no sports skills."

So sports, she was going to try sports.

What was Alana doing here? She wanted to be social, she wanted to fit in, but to face facts she just wasn't supposed to fit in when it came to magic and magical sports were probably the worst thing she could be around. She could only hope that maybe there was something she could do, even if it was just cheer, where was the swimming pools when you needed to show what sport you could do.

When she looked around and saw brooms that was going to be a hard no, so maybe the other sports or maybe she could just hide in a corner and eat all the great foods.
Old 10-25-2021, 10:06 PM   #32 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
He was reaching for a rice cake when Damian shoved a paper towards him. He pulled his glove off with his teeth and then flipped the paperwork open. He glanced it over and then chuckled as he tucked it into a pocket. ”Glad you’re back - wait wendigo?” he wasn’t sure he was familiar with that term.

He gave Jane a big smile. ”It was no problem.” It had been a huge problem. Conley hated hospitals and it had been extremely hard to force himself to go to one, but he had very few friends and he considered Jane one of them. So of course he went. ”You’re back at work though now right? Tea- we need to have tea in my off-”

And then an arm was slipping through his. He might not have known what was going on, but his body certainly did because his arm moved to let Sachin’s link through his and then clamped down as if it was afraid Sachin was going to disappear on him. His head turned to look at Sachin then turned back to Jane only to snap back to Sachin. ”What are you doing here?” To someone else nearby, Conley might have sounded upset, but Sachin would likely know better. Internally his heart was leaping and jumping and so so happy to see him. It was clear from the sparkle in Elian’s eyes as he looked at his husband. ”You should be in bed mon amour,” he protested as he leaned in anyways and gave Sachin a happy kiss.
Jane looked curiously at the papers her colleague, Damian, had slipped to Conley, wondering what that was about, as she moved on to a cup of green tea. "Yes, I'm back, at least part-time, though I'm afraid it will take me a bit of time to get my experiments back to where I had them...before. And tea in your office would be nice--actually, I don't think I'll be in the mood to have tea anywhere alone in the Ministry for quite a while." Jane smiled again as Sachin came up, though she was surprised at Conley's reaction. Was Sachin also unwell? Jane hoped it was nothing serious, but didn't ask questions in such a public gathering.

Taking the opportunity, while the two men were preoccupied with each other, she leaned over to Damian and murmured, "I want to talk to you about a few things...later. Not here, in the Chamber." Jane wanted to find out what had happened while she was in hospital, and she also felt she needed to tell someone the few things she could remember about her attack. The Ministry officials who'd questioned her about it later seemed to disregard it all as fever dreams, but Jane thought some of it might be useful, to the right people. And Damian was undoubtedly one of those people.
Old 10-25-2021, 10:51 PM   #33 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

“That’s true.” Now that he thought of it, he was not as cold as he thought he had been before. Had he just been shivering from the excitement? Or maybe it had been mind over matter. It didn’t matter now did it?

Why was Aurora still calling him ‘Mr. Hawthorne’? They had been familiar with each other for sometime now. “Hello, Aurora. Call me Lucas, please.” Lucas nodded along as Peggy answered the question. “If your daughter feels confident enough to try the Moontrimmer, I advise you let her. We have safety measures in place to prevent accidents.” Hopefully this would reassure the Department Head. Spotting Hwang appearing next to Peggy, the Division Manager shot her a smile. Lucas thought he recognised the fondness for the Montrimmer reflected on her face. He eyed Peggy, having caught her look. “Mind if I hang around a bit longer? I know Brody will want to try the Moontrimmer and I’d like to see him give it a go. He should be here soon, I think…”

There were two reasons why Brody was looking forward to this event more than any other he’d been to since he had officially joined the Ministry: that Moontrimmer and the fact that Gabriel had actually asked him to be his date. Well, Gabriel hadn’t said that it was a date but still… it did make him wonder.

“So… is this a date?’’ Brody asked casually, and in his most nonchalant tone of voice. He too was taking in all of the buzz and setup. He thought he spotted Lucas and Peggy some distance away. He had to admit, the Games and Sports Department had done one heck of a job getting this put together. Not that DIMC hadn’t done their bit. Brody had worked just as hard - and just as late at times - as Lucas. Which was why the Coordinator was going to enjoy himself today.

“Moontrimmer,’’ Brody answered happily. He raised a hand to rumple his hair, as was his habit, touched his black beanie then lowered his hand. “Are you up for that or is the big, tough Auror nervous?’’ He was smirking at the jibe, one that he hoped Gabriel would recognise for what it was. As for Gabriel being promoted to Junior Auror? Brody had been the happiest about it. He still was.

Did marriage make your other half sense you? Silly question, Sachin decided, as he answered his own question. Of course it did. At least in his and Conley’s case. It certainly would explain why Conley allowed Sachin’s arm to slip through his. The Indian Ambassador thought so, anyway. Conley wouldn’t allow any other man - or woman - to do that. What he hadn’t anticipated was the grip on his own arm. Sachin chuckled, his gaze drinking in Conley’s reaction. “Surprising you, of course. Before you get all worried, I’ll have to let you know that I took some Pepperup Potion so I’m feeling much better.” A huge smile spread across his face when he was kissed. “Besides, I couldn’t let you have all the fun on your own.”

“Namaste, Jane. Damian.” Sachin thought Jane looked a bit concerned at the mention of him being unwell. “Just the regular cold. But I’m feeling a lot better. You’re still recovering well though, yes?’’ It was nice to see her up and about again.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 10-26-2021, 03:23 AM   #34 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

SPOILER!!: hi friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Charles had been floating around here and there, greeting an employee or two as he did so and debating whether or not his refined (not old) joints could handle taking on the adventure course above. Was it any surprise to those who knew them that there was a curious twinkle in his eye as he looked up? But, alas, for now the Minister would remain grounded until he could convince Genevieve to be his partner to take on the course - he knew it would be pointless to attempt without his favorite bodyguard and right hand woman.

Speaking of favorites...his granddaughter ought to be among the crowd gathered her today. He had debated long and hard about placing her in his own office for employment, but ultimately felt it would be a cause for too much discussion. Besides, Isabel would take better care and set his granddaughter on a stronger trajectory working in the greenhouses than Charles could in his office with mostly desk work or working in public relations. Still, he did hope to spot her and do a bit of a casual check in with her to see how her first month was going.

Actually...perhaps he would simply make his way over to his newest department head to check in with her. Two fwoopers, one stone. So off Charles went to speak with Isabel, who was accompanied by a Games and Sports employee he recognized during all those times he had made an excuse to go visit the level to see Victoria on errand. "Ladies, I trust everything is finding you both well," he greeted with a boisterous smile. "The smells bring my back to my younger years when I lived in Japan and worked for their Ministry. If you have not yet savored the takoyaki, I highly recommend you do. One of my personal favorites...and you simply have to give the mayonnaise a test. Very different from the Western variation."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower View Post
Upon making eye contact with the G&S department head (Peggy), Isabel returned the wave and a nod. She thought level seven did a great job co-leading the event - she hoped to get a chance to plan an environmental themed orientation in the future!

While she had also hoped no one saw her little stumble, Izzy was still grateful for the younger employee's (Rosemary) friendly question. "Yes, I'm good, thank you. Apparition has never been a strength of mine, ooPS!" she smiled and waved her hands about casually. What she said was a lie, as she was usually good at Apparating, but she thought it would be unnecessary to scare the woman away by ranting about old age affecting her balance.

Speaking of old, ah, there was Minister Hollingberry, his boisterous smile cheering her up as always. "Yep, doing great, Minister. I will have to try the takoyaki, there's such a variety that I couldn't decide what to eat. Would the both of you like to join me at the food table? I'm Isabel, by the way, from the environmental department," she introduced herself to the helpful lady from earlier.

She was actually itching to get up there and try the course above, especially as it seemed more people were making their way. But in truth, it was probably something she should realistically save until the end of the event. Check on the woman for now, perhaps grab some food after and then up to where Peggy, Lucas and other of her level seven colleagues were to see if she could give them reprieve's. Only then would she indulge in what she most wanted to do. An odd order of events for her, who usually put desire above all else but sometimes personal growth and responsibility was a necessary evil. Only had taken her nearly 30 years to learn that.

Rose was surprised to see Minister Hollingberry approaching, but she turned to offer a smile and a polite greeting. She wandered if he really enjoyed these events, or if they were just a tedious work event. He certainly seemed quite full of life and like he was happy to be here. And seeing him with her old department head, it was clear they currently had a very kind minister. "Hello, sir. Your faith is not misplaced. It's a beautiful day, how could we not enjoy it?" She offered a bright smile, before inquiring on his health as well. "And you, sir?"

His follow up did surprise her though - when in truth it shouldn't have, as the information was probably previously available on Hollingberry's history but... despite working in this ministry, she hadn't looked much up on the man. Perhaps she should - it was good to know who you ultimately worked for. "What department did you work in previously in the Japanese ministry?" She was suddenly rather curious regarding his background, perhaps that came with the recommendation of food which she tended to take rather seriously. Her father's influence, she was sure.

Oh, she was quite glad the woman was fine, and upon hearing so Rosemary directed her smile to her. "Always easy to stumble when your world was literally spinning two seconds prior." She'd argue it was more difficult at times to not. As the other two conversed, Rose considered excusing herself to head towards the food table in order to grab some of the recommended snacks - mayo included - when she focused on conversation again to hear the woman ask if they would like to join her that way. The level seven employee nodded her head, "Would love to. The smells wafting from over there are absolutely divine." She was unashamed of being a foodie. At the introduction, she offered her hand to Isabel - which she now recognized the name as the new department head. "Oh, yes! It's a pleasure to meet you, Isabel. I'm Rosemary Scardino, from Games and Sports."

Which on that note, her eyes flitted once again towards the rest of her coworkers just to see the line and interest so far in the demonstrations. She was a bit taken aback at seeing the familiar face of bug boy - wait... no, that wasn't right, that was a law enforcement employee. Was that one spider man? The guy who certainly knew a lot about bugs but was apparently not an expert. She'd thought he'd just been visiting, so she made note to say a greeting later as well.

And hopefully remember his name before doing so.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Old 10-26-2021, 10:42 AM   #35 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM
Puffskein

Ministry RPG Name:
Damian Pendragon
Mysteries

"Wendigo. Class four corporeal spirit. Mostly found in Canada. Though, I'd rather not go into the details in polite company." Damian said in a rather matter of fact manner to Conley. The unspeakable was quite good at his job, but sometimes it bored him to talk about it. "How old is your little girl now?" Moving away from the topic of wendigos, he offered Sachin a smile, cheeks slightly red with warmth amidst the cold. "Children. That's why guys like me chase those nasties through the night. They deserve the best world we can give them." In the past, his love life was the stuff of tabloid legend, but he never had been married or had children. Something he would never admit he wanted.

"It's definitely not for the paycheck." Damian added with a laugh.

Still smiling outwardly as
Jane murmured to him, causing his blue eyes to focus solely on her temporarily. What time he did not spend on his work during Ms. Howard's convalescence in St.Mungo's, Damian was either pacing outside her room, or stalking the halls of the Ministry. A shadow chasing shadows. The witch's return, and the presence of friends, was helping bring him in from the cold. "Fancy cane, Jane. Functional and fashionable." Having left his at the chamber, the wizard bent his knee a couple times, showing that he was becoming more mobile without it.

Last edited by Helios Sunrider; 10-26-2021 at 10:56 AM.
Old 10-26-2021, 10:50 PM   #36 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

No, he couldn’t blame her for that. ”Well then, I guess we will have to get a cup somewhere else. Perhaps something stronger then tea.” He gave Jane what he hopped was a happy looking smile because he was honestly worried about her. As for her experiments, he didn’t know much about them and he knew better then to ask.

While the unspeakable turned to Damian, Conley turned to his husband and fussed. His bare hand came up to feel Sachin’s forehead then his cheeks, all while he was frowning. He might have put on airs for everyone else, but when it came to Sachin he did no such thing. ”Well, you do look better,” said in a tone that meant he still thought Sachin should be in bed. ”But you’re taking another dose when we get home because - cold and snow don’t mix with sniffles and sneezes Mister.” Still, he couldn’t blame Sachin for wanting to come. It was a world cup year and beyond work related things needing to be done, it wasn’t too many world cups ago that they had fallen in love.

Then Damian began explaining the Wendigos and he turned back to him. He listened, not really sure he understood, but - if ghost were real talking things, why not Wendigos? He smiled, ”Well, does any of us really do this for the paycheck?” He didn’t think so. He certainly didn’t. And what was that? Damian was giving him the opportunity for him to yap about this daughter! What father wouldn't jump on that?! ”Just celebrated her third birthday. Smart as whip too. Just like her Daddy.” He looked at Sachin with a big smile. ”Although we can’t seem to get her understand you can’t ride the dog around the house.” He was teasing of course. Duke loved having Radhika all over him.
Old 10-27-2021, 04:28 PM   #37 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Sachin had braced himself for this: Conley’s excessive fussing. He was used to it by now and that was why he stood still as his husband did a check of his temperature. “I’m fine, really,” came his reassuring and patient remark. Of course, he couldn’t blame Conley for being so worked up about this situation given to experiences that had happened with Elodie.

Sachin thought it was high time that he compromised. Yes, he recognised that tone easily. “I’ll take another dose and put myself to bed the moment we get home. How’s that?” It also meant that Conley and Duke would have to take care of Radhika. Sachin chuckled, amused at Conley’s next words. He squeezed his husband’s arm. “I’ll be okay,’’ he whispered. Mostly because he was with the other man. And also because he could not miss World Cup celebrations. World Cups and all the happenings attached were his and Conley’s thing.

What exactly was a Wendigo? The Ambassador had joined the conversation late to get the gist of that topic but was more than happy to talk about Radhika. Boy, did Conley sure know how to flatter him. “Con’s being modest, Damian. Radi is as smart as he is too. I think she’s already trying to learn French and Hindi.” Ravenclaw or Horned Serpent, he would like to think their daughter Would be Sorted into.

Old 10-28-2021, 03:01 AM   #38 (permalink)

St Mungos Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

MO & DMLE
Clabbert

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ezra Hensley
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Florence Schultz
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Penelope Grimm
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Regina Amstern
Minister's Office

x7 x1
Baguette | there is no D in my name | TRAITORclaw | Queenie of Narnia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
And there goes his beloved wife, Sophie. A month after the opening of the Ministry, Mordred was still trying to get into the swing of things. It was nice, he thought, that the Ministry opted for a normal welcome to the new employees a month ago, but what he did not expect was the mandatory mingling that they had to endure in the middle of nowhere, and during the coldest month of the year. It took Sophie the usual coaxing, and thanks to Merlin he agreed. While none of the activities actually interested him, he knew his eldest son would've been stoked just by being there, especially that the theme of the gathering had something to do with Quidditch. Noah, too, was not the kind to mind the weather. As long as it was an outdoor activity, he would be game. If said activity involved flying: on a broom or the free-falling kind, or anything that was life-threatening (to a degree), then better. How he sired such child, all the more mysterious.

Discreetly, Mordred followed where the food was stationed, opted for a hot cup of coffee, and went about his (not so) merry way towards the broom exhibition. The dragonologist failed to appreciate the broom as he was not an enthusiast, but for the sake of his child who wanted to go professional in Quidditch, he wore an assumed mask to make him appear interested.

While doing so, he took note of the others who were there too. People he didn't know...and wasn't sure if he wanted to know, and Ms. Peggy Laplace. Ah, there. A very familiar figure on account of family connections and their common love for wizarding chess. While Mackenzie was a regular in Ministry held tournaments, it was his grandfather who first established the connection. As a Grand Master and patron for the sport, it was inevitable that they will be acquainted, at the very least. Not wanting to disrupt her conversation with the others, Mordred kept to himself, quietly accepting the raffle ticket that was offered to him, looking at it over in his hand.
A day for team building exercises. Very interesting. Hosting them outside in the month of February wouldn't have been Penelope's suggestion, but at least the activities provided were actual, well, activities, and not sitting around answering questions about themselves. She could appreciate the sports aspect, especially for promoting the Quidditch World Cup. A trip to Japan this summer with her family might be in order. Maybe. If she would allow herself to take the time off for it, which...she wasn't great at the past couple years, not for anything longer than a weekend.

But anyway. She accepted a raffle ticket, grabbed a coffee, and decided to walk around a bit before trying some of the food. Best not get too wrapped up in the food this early, no matter how good it all looked.

She was drawn first to the fancy new broom exhibit, watching for anyone that was already up there testing the broom on the obstacle course, and stopping beside one Mordred Mordaunt. "Planning on trying out the obstacle course?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
What was Alana doing here? She wanted to be social, she wanted to fit in, but to face facts she just wasn't supposed to fit in when it came to magic and magical sports were probably the worst thing she could be around. She could only hope that maybe there was something she could do, even if it was just cheer, where was the swimming pools when you needed to show what sport you could do.

When she looked around and saw brooms that was going to be a hard no, so maybe the other sports or maybe she could just hide in a corner and eat all the great foods.
This was...not entirely her thing, but then again, also not not her thing. Regina hadn't played Quidditch in years, let alone flown on a broom in awhile, so she wasn't sure if she was going to try that adventure course. If Scott or someone else she knew tried it with her, then maybe... She definitely wouldn't be trying those other sports though. So for now...she supposed she'd stay near the food table. It wasn't so bad, considering the interesting selection of food provided.

She hadn't decided on what to try yet though, when she spotted Alana standing alone nearby. "Hey, Alana." She smiled. "How're you? Have you tried any of the food here yet?"

together we are dangerous; together with our differences; together we are bolder, braver, stronger
Old 10-28-2021, 04:25 PM   #39 (permalink)

DMLE & DMAC
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kalie Carter-Hope Gellar
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ronan Victor Carter
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Alfred Ludovic Devereaux
Accidents & Catastrophes
x7 x4
Default TiaMarie, Sophie and anyone else......
Dem Carters | even 🕊🕊 have pride | | Expecto PAWtronum 🐈 | U-NA-GI

"Definitely heated," he replied with a smile. As for flying well.....no. From what he understood that took knowledge of a mechanical nature, knowledge that he didn't exactly have. At all. "Not in that sense....."

"Hop in, if you want!" He walked around and pulled open the passenger door, standing by in case the woman needed help getting in (it was kinda high). "The name's Ronan by the way." It was about this time he noticed another woman (Sophie) looking a bit bewildered in his direction (well, the vehicle anyway). "Plenty of room, if you wanna...." he called over, winking again.

Honestly, he was surprised this was all the attention his ride was getting. It wasn't every day a huge SUV showed up at a wizarding event, after all.

You are Salt!
Old 10-31-2021, 05:17 PM   #40 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Really, the Moontrimmer was perfectly safe (they wouldn't have it here if it wasn't), but flying was inherently risky. A moment's distraction could end in disaster, except perhaps on a toy broom that was only inches off the ground.

She nodded, agreeable to Lucas's request. "That's fine, you're welcome to have whatever sort of fun you like," she said. Whether that be the ropes course or helping people ride a broom...whichever.

Was this a date? It was a good thing he wasn't eating or drinking, because the suddenness and directness of that question would have caused him to spit anything out. As it was, he looked at Brody, giving a cautious smile. "Do...you want it to be a date?" he asked. He hoped so. But he had been purposefully unclear...to avoid embarrassment to either of them. Clearly that had backfired, because now he was feeling very self-conscious.

The Moontrimmer hadn't been one of the two options, but Gabriel was adaptable. He knew how to fly. He had to, with his family being...his family. "I'm not scared," he added, smile growing slightly as he turned towards the broom stuff.
Old 11-02-2021, 11:35 PM   #41 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Gabe <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
Really, the Moontrimmer was perfectly safe (they wouldn't have it here if it wasn't), but flying was inherently risky. A moment's distraction could end in disaster, except perhaps on a toy broom that was only inches off the ground.

She nodded, agreeable to Lucas's request. "That's fine, you're welcome to have whatever sort of fun you like," she said. Whether that be the ropes course or helping people ride a broom...whichever.

Was this a date? It was a good thing he wasn't eating or drinking, because the suddenness and directness of that question would have caused him to spit anything out. As it was, he looked at Brody, giving a cautious smile. "Do...you want it to be a date?" he asked. He hoped so. But he had been purposefully unclear...to avoid embarrassment to either of them. Clearly that had backfired, because now he was feeling very self-conscious.

The Moontrimmer hadn't been one of the two options, but Gabriel was adaptable. He knew how to fly. He had to, with his family being...his family. "I'm not scared," he added, smile growing slightly as he turned towards the broom stuff.

Yeah…

Brody could be direct like that. And he was in the mood to be like that because for the most parts, he couldn’t figure Gabriel out. Sometimes the younger man felt that he was reading Gabriel all wrong, sometimes he felt as though there wasn’t any reading to be done because Gabriel could be so… closed off? Brody surely didn’t know if it were any trauma that made the junior Auror this way, or if it simply had to do with Gabriel’s personality, but either way, it frustrated him a bit. “It’s not proper to answer a question with a question.” Brody found himself wishing that he had worn his shades, despite there being no need for them in weather like this, so that he could hide his eyes and roll them. He sighed mentally. Maybe Gabriel didn’t think of this as a date and was just replying with a question to avoid making him feel bad.

“Then let’s go,” Brody said, enthusiasm in each syllable of his words because… HELLO, NEW BROOM. The Coordinator led the way over to Lucas and Peggy. “Hi, Lucas. Ms. Laplace, you look lovely as always.” Brody gave his Uncle's boss a charming smile, not the one he used when flirting, but charming nonetheless. “We’d like to have a go on the Moontrimmer.” At that point, he turned his gaze on Gabriel. “You first or… ?”

Old 11-03-2021, 05:16 AM   #42 (permalink)
Other Characters
Firecrab

Ministry RPG Name:
The Announcer

Sitting on a podium in the center of the festivities lay an ornate box within which were the lottery stubs. Throughout the day the box would glow and rattle on its brass legs until a sound that could only be described as a belch alerted the crowed that one of the slips of paper within had been released into the air and was floating back down towards it. The paper, charmed to vanish during its decent, would sing out the winner and their prize to a lively tune that may just inspire you to dance.

And the winners are...

Quote:
All expenses paid trip for two to the Quidditch World Cup final
Chloe Adara (PhoenixRising)

Locker room meet and great with Quidditch team of your choosing (British and Irish League)
Carson Coleman (Sunflower)

Special VIP seats at the Quidditch league match final
Laurel Vance-Rose (Nordic Witch)

Dinner with the Quidditch team of your choosing
Ronan Carter (lazykitty)

Quaffle signed by Quidditch league team winners
Gunnar McCarthy (emjay)

Luxury Wizard's Chess set
Charles Hollingberry (sweetpinkpixie)

Luxury broom cleaning kit
Matthew Meriwether (Hey Ju)

Limited edition Gobstones kit
Rosemary Scardino (Chelliephone)

Signed Quidditch Through the Ages book
Brody Hawthorne (FearlessLeader19)

Signed memorabilia from famous sports personalities
Jane Howard (MadAlice)

Front row/VIP tickets to the Gobstones playoffs
Damian Pendragon (Helios Sunrider)

Congratulations to one and all. The Ministry thanks you for coming out today.

OOC: this thread will remained open for another 36 hours.
Old 11-03-2021, 02:52 PM   #43 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower View Post
Already at the food table was Carson Coleman, who felt that he could (and should) keep some distance from his boss to give her and her boyfriend some privacy. He was still ready to jump into personal assistant duty if needed, so he wanted to eat as much of this delicious Japanese food as he could before he was summoned. "Hi Gunnar, hello! I'm Carson," he nodded at his coworker, then the woman beside him (Evelyn), his plate filled with snacks. "Are you guys planning to try any of the activities?"
Gunnar looked up suddenly from his plate of food when he heard his name, soon focusing on Carson, the owner of the voice. "Hey, how's it going?" he asked his coworker, feeling slightly embarrassed that he hadn't immediately noticed him when he came over for some refreshments. But he wasn't going to let that show. Gunnar was the epitome of calm, cool, and collected.

"I suppose we have to," he replied to the question. "Team building event and all that. But the rope course looks like it could be fun," he added as he glanced up at it strung through the trees. "Which one are you thinking of?" Just then, he heard the belch of the lottery box and he raised an eyebrow as he turned his attention to it. "Congrats," he added to Carson as the other man's name was called as the winner of the locker room meet and greet. It was a cool prize, he supposed, but it was nothing he felt he was missing out on.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line
Old 11-03-2021, 03:18 PM   #44 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Aurora stood reading over the moontrimmer facts when she heard a familiar voice asking about winged horses. Looking up to see who it was, it came as no surprise that the question had been asked by her new employee and old school friend TiaMarie. Before she could answer Tia’s question Jake did it for her. They had no winged horses, at least not at this event. Turning to wave her friend over she smiled. "Hi TiaMarie, you’re still always looking for a horse to ride just like in school?" Aurora remembered some unicorn stories she’d heard about from school that had not exactly pleased the groundskeeper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
After the formal orientation in January, it didn't even cross Gunnar's mind to ask his fiancé to join him to this Ministry excursion. It was a team-building event after all, or at least as he understood it, and it didn't make sense for him to bring a date, even as he noticed a few significant others in the midst. But at any rate he was here to participate on some level.

Gunnar wasn't exceptionally athletic, even if he did have some quidditch experience when he was younger and he did enjoy the outdoors. The ropes course looked interesting, he noticed, as his eyes drifted upward when the A&C DH mentioned them. Maybe later though as he'd just gotten there and wanted to see what all there was and if his own department was grouping for their own activity.

He headed over to the food table first to bide his time in seeing what all was there before figuring out what he was going to do. "Hello," he nodded politely to the woman (Evelyn) already at the refreshments as he helped himself to some edamame. Gunnar glanced over as he heard someone asking about winged horses. TiaMarie was in his department and there was Aurora nearby. He'd go over to say hello shortly perhaps, but he watched them a moment to see if his own department might be doing something next besides just mingling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazykitty View Post
"Definitely heated," he replied with a smile. As for flying well.....no. From what he understood that took knowledge of a mechanical nature, knowledge that he didn't exactly have. At all. "Not in that sense....."

"Hop in, if you want!" He walked around and pulled open the passenger door, standing by in case the woman needed help getting in (it was kinda high). "The name's Ronan by the way." It was about this time he noticed another woman (Sophie) looking a bit bewildered in his direction (well, the vehicle anyway). "Plenty of room, if you wanna...." he called over, winking again.

Honestly, he was surprised this was all the attention his ride was getting. It wasn't every day a huge SUV showed up at a wizarding event, after all.
Tia had barely paid any attention to Gunnar except for the fact that he was close by, or even her boss teasing her about horses, because YES Aurora, when there was a winged horse an option, she would most likely be riding it. She did crack a small smile at Aurora however, "Good things never change," but her focus was now back at the monstrous vehicle before them and the young lad, who was offering a RIDE!?!?

She beamed at him, pulling herself up into the passenger side. No help needed, thanks to her animagus training she had a decade ago, she maintained deceptively strong abilities. But once in the vehicle, her gaze was on the dash and she found herself sliding over into the driver's seat to have a closer look. She'd been in a muggle vehicle only a handful of times, but never in the driver's seat and since the lad hadn't gotten in yet, she took the opportunity to have a closer look. This was definitely as high as an abraxan, maybe as powerful; abraxans were powerful creatures. "Vrooom...." she found herself audibly saying and laughing, waiting to find if the other woman was going to come for a ride too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
Although two of the other departments in the Ministry was more or less officially in charge of today's event considering it was a sports-themed team-building day, Raini was still eager to help with the setup and any other details that needed taken care of. It was just the type of person he was. He had been busy making sure the rope course was secure and safe when people started arriving and he eventually made his way back towards the crowd to see if he could find some of his employees.

Ah, look, there were two young ladies in his employ now, and they were already together so it was convenient. "Skye! Chloe! Come join me for some team-building," he greeted both women with a smile, then addressed the entire group. "Would anyone else like to join us for the ropes course?" Sounded like a fun activity to him, plus some brisk movement would be great for colder temps. And perhaps Sophie would join them as well, once she was finished with the refreshments.
Chloe's attention was drawn from the food and Skye when she heard Raini beckoning for them to do some team building. Oh no !!! food plans foiled!! She looked between the food and back over to her boss and then again at the food ... and back again... "Protein and energy first!" She said back, aiming her thumb at the food table, even though she had zero clue what each item was ... Except for the rice, which she took large serving of, as she heard her name called out (for the grand prize?). "Uh .. what... did they just ......" Was that ... She hated that she wasn't as into playing quidditch as some of her family, but spectating was definitely a thrill even the most mild of fans could appreciate. And all expenses paid trip was definitely enticing to anyone.

"Who... how... when..." Actually the latter part was crucial because when was the quidditch final?? If only she paid closer attention to sports.

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin________________You look like my next mistake
Old 11-05-2021, 03:18 AM   #45 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Rosemary had, in fact, let herself get swept up with some of the crowd in order to make her way to the table holding the delectable smelling goods. She was not shy in helping herself to a plate with a taste of everything on it, intending on trying all there was to offer. She tried to eat it as politely as possible, but sushi was still something she hadn't gotten the hang of eating gracefully even with as often as she tried to.

She'd just managed to quickly shove a rather large bite into her mouth when she heard her name sung out and turned her head towards the box when it did. Oh? Had she won something then? She hadn't been listening intently enough to know what but...

Well the spoiled in her already was wondering what she'd do with whatever it was when usually she just purchased what she needed. Maybe it'd be a good gift for later. Maybe it'd even be something that August would like. Though, not that Uncle Charlie didn't take care of whatever Auggie wanted too.

Either way, she'd smile gratefully and figure out the rest out later.

Though the grateful smile looked much more like a grimace with the large bite of sushi still in her mouth.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start