FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 953 users online including...
Kimothy , Antonioimc , RdSNix

3 members
950 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > Floo Network (Extra Fun) > St. Mungo's Hospital (Role-Playing) > Janus Thickey Ward

Janus Thickey Ward Has your role-play been affected by numerous spells and ran its course? If so, it will be kept here for permanent care.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2022, 07:24 PM

Default Come Sail Away

Overview
Choosing what to do with the rest of your life is stressful, which is why Evan Nam and Sera Dashwood have chosen to prolong the inevitable and take a gap year to explore the world outside of Hogwarts, and perhaps figure out who they are and who they want to be during this time.

Characters
Evan Nam - Chelliephone
Sera Dashwood - AlwaysSnapesGirl

Scenes
Scene 1: Boarding the Boat - September 2109

This is a CLOSED RP exploring the adventures following Hogwarts for Evan and Sera's gap year. Other characters may be invited later for future scenes.
Old 12-18-2022, 11:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Evan had spent the majority of the summer holiday living on the boat already. He'd decided on the train ride home that he'd pop in for dinner with the family, and some necessities, and then move in for the rest of the time it was docked. Getting used to it and figuring out what was necessary and what wasn't, felt rather important before he and Sera were living on it out on the water. And he was glad he'd had that forethought, as there had been many small comforts he'd added here and there. He'd also gotten Aziel to agree to spend a weekend with him giving him one last run down on everything he'd need to know. He was actually feeling exceptionally prepared.

He'd also had plenty of time to do the enchantments on the living quarters. Like creating a second set of them, for example. He wanted to make sure he and Sera were both entirely comfortable on their voyage. Which was why now that he'd also gotten the bare necessities done, he'd sent her a missive regarding if she'd like to go ahead and join him and they could make a plan and then.. be off he supposed. He was pretty certain she was coming by today, so he had jumped into the water to do a clean up on the sides.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start

Last edited by Chelliephone; 01-09-2023 at 01:17 AM.
Old 01-09-2023, 01:02 AM   #3 (permalink)

St Mungos Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

MO & DMLE
Clabbert

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ezra Hensley
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Florence Schultz
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Penelope Grimm
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Regina Amstern
Minister's Office

x7 x1
Baguette | there is no D in my name | TRAITORclaw | Queenie of Narnia

Having packed up most of her things a few days ago, Sera was more than ready to go when Evan contacted her. Frankly, she'd been ready since the train had pulled into King's Cross, but her mom had convinced her to spend the summer with family before she left. And even though she was clearly an adult and didn't HAVE to listen to her mom's suggestions...well, her mom sure had a way of being persuasive. And Sera supposed she did want to visit with her gran some more before she left since it would be awhile before she'd be back.

She wasn't even sure how long that "awhile" would be. Probably something she should have cleared up with Evan, but honestly? Sera liked not having a solid plan right now. The absolute freedom to go wherever they wanted, whenever they wanted, for however long they wanted?

Exhilarating.

She. was. PUMPED.

After some quick apparating, she had arrived at the dock, a backpack hanging off her shoulders and a suitcase to roll behind her, both with undetectable extension charms cast on them of course. Sera admired the boat as she approached, already marveling again at the adventure it would provide, then spotted Evan down there in the water.

"Yo, Evan!" She called, waving with her free hand. "This looks awesome!"

together we are dangerous; together with our differences; together we are bolder, braver, stronger
Old 01-09-2023, 06:05 AM   #4 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

It went so against his personality to be so laissez faire like he was being regarding the upcoming exploration, but the whole point of the trip was to just... take time. Figure out what was next. Be spontaneous, adventurous and as his brother would have put it 'let loose'. Evan spent nearly all seven years of his time at Hogwarts being incredibly serious, majority of his time accompanied with papers and textbooks. Even the time he spent with his friends was often combined with studying, though he'd certainly tried to get better about balancing social the last two years of his school career. But now.. .now he had zero responsibilities for the time being, and a full life ahead of him to cram and be serious for the next goal ahead.

This year was for needed R&R. So when Sera had inquired about coming with him, he didn't feel the need to ask any follow up questions or create any type of a plan. The world was their oyster and this was all very low key and nonchalant. With the help of magic, Sera could stay as long or as little as she'd like and Evan would just be pleased to have the company while he did.

Finishing up his final polish, right as heard his name called, the boy looked up at the dock and spotted the former Gryffindor - smiling and waving in her direction as he waded closer to the wooden walkway and placed polish and rag onto it in order to hoist himself up after. "Hey, Dashwood. It's good to see you! I'd offer you a hug but..." Well, she probably didn't want to get drenched as he currently was. Leaning down to pick back up his supplies, he looked back at the boat and gave a nod. "I'm really lucky my cousin was willing to lend it. Come on aboard and I'll show you the layout." And then they could start figuring out a plan.

Or they could even just push off and see where the wind literally took them. Spontaneity.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Old 01-15-2023, 10:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

St Mungos Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

MO & DMLE
Clabbert

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ezra Hensley
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Florence Schultz
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Penelope Grimm
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Regina Amstern
Minister's Office

x7 x1

No hug? "Pfft, don't be shy, Nam." And Sera stepped forward to give him a quick hug herself. "I'm not afraid of a little water." She wouldn't be staying on a boat if she was afraid of getting wet. Her hair, maybe, was the exception, but she had ways of protecting it, so she wasn't very worried.

Her T-shirt was a bit damp now as she pulled away, but she didn't mind, her gaze following his to the boat again. It really was lucky that he even had a cousin that had a boat like this, let alone actually entrusting them with it. She wasn't sure what she would be doing if this wasn't an option. Probably getting some boring retail job in Diagon Alley or somewhere else and begging someone to let her rent an apartment. Or flat. Whatever they called it here.

"Lead the way, cap'n." She grinned, more than eager to see what the rest of it looked like.

together we are dangerous; together with our differences; together we are bolder, braver, stronger
Old 01-18-2023, 07:10 AM   #6 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

When Sera moved forward, Evan chuckled softly before giving her a return hug - which did leave her effectively damper than her initial revival. "As long as it was your call, Dashwood." She made a good point though - this was a poor setting if she was worried about getting a bit wet, considering soon it was quite possibly they'd get ocean sprayed on them about 50% of the day. "Good, or we might have needed to do some rethinking on the mode of transportation for our adventure." He teased.

Evan wasn't quite sure what would have possessed Aziel to be kind enough to let them use his home, really for a summer excursion. Especially when it had been only a few years since he married Cora and they didn't really know each other all that well. But when he'd made the offer, the former Ravenclaw would have been silly to turn it down. So he didn't. And since then, at least he knows Aziel a good deal better as he'd taught him how to sail, the mechanics of the boat, maintenance and everything they would need to know on the water.

Taking a wide step from dock into boat, he turned to offer her a hand as well in stepping on. "My pleasure."

Old 02-04-2023, 04:37 AM   #7 (permalink)

St Mungos Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

MO & DMLE
Clabbert

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ezra Hensley
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Florence Schultz
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Penelope Grimm
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Regina Amstern
Minister's Office

x7 x1

She supposed it was reasonable that he'd left it to her call. Wouldn't want to start their travels off on the wrong foot, right? But still, they were friends. She didn't mind hugs so long as they were from someone she actually liked, and Evan was, luckily for him, one of the few people who was in that group. Sera grinned. "No kidding. Imagine if we realized we hated water and had to switch to brooms last minute." Seemed like such a terrible and uncomfortable way to travel for long periods of time.

This boat was clearly superior. And she hadn't even seen the inside yet!

She pushed down the handle on her suitcase to make it easier to pick up, then took his hand with her free one to step up onto it. "Thanks, cap'n." Yes, maybe she would be calling him cap'n for the rest of time. Or, y'know, at least until she got bored of it.

Old 02-04-2023, 07:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

Evan wasn't entirely sure why it was that Sera liked him, or at least tolerated him, considering they had such different personalities. But then again, it was through friendship with Sera he had learned to push the boundaries on some of his usual rule following - or perhaps just his overall boring nature. Though that didn't really explain what he had brought to the friendship table. Maybe he just was made to get along with Gryffindor girls in his year, considering majority had been his friends.

Though there had been one who probably would have adamantly argued with that point. Or perhaps she didn't care anymore.

Anyways.

"I am a dreadful flier. I think no mater how much I hated water it would still win out over the air." He laughed softly, grasping her hand when she took his in order to help transition to the boat smoothly. Once she was on, he let go but kept the hand out as an offer to take her bag if she preferred - so she could be free to just explore. "Who said you weren't the captain? Perhaps I'm just here along for the ride." He grinned at her.

Old 02-05-2023, 04:48 AM   #9 (permalink)

St Mungos Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

MO & DMLE
Clabbert

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ezra Hensley
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Florence Schultz
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Penelope Grimm
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Regina Amstern
Minister's Office

x7 x1

Maybe their friendship seemed unlikely in some ways. It didn't seem so strange to her, but then again, Sera didn't often sit and analyze her relationships in that way. Either she liked someone and they got along, or they didn't. Sometimes the reason why was obvious, and other times it wasn't. But either way, she generally took it for what it was and didn't push for more info.

The one person she had actually tried with...well, it hadn't exactly worked out for her. And so there was no point in trying when you would only be met with silence.

"Same honestly." Though she wouldn't consider herself dreadful - her flying skills were perfectly adequate, in her opinion - it wasn't her favorite mode of transportation. Activities and sports where her feet were on the ground were way more fun. "So I guess we made the right choice." Boats better than brooms. You heard it here first, folks.

She did notice the hand he held out to take her bag, but she just gave a quick shake of her head in response. Sera appreciated the gesture, but she preferred to just keep hold of it herself. He was her friend, not her baggage carrier.

"I said I'm not captain," she replied with another grin. "Because if I'm captain, this boat will probably end up sunk at the bottom of the ocean, and your cousin will never forgive us. Assuming a shark doesn't get us first or we aren't stuck as castaways on a deserted island for the rest of our lives."

Old 02-11-2023, 06:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

Welcome to dealing with Evan Nam, who over analyzed and overthought on everything. Perhaps his worst character trait, even when Ash so politely tried to spin it as one of his positives.

He chuckled softly at her agreement, glad at least they both were on the same page there. Though if she did prefer air too and want to fly over head at times too - the water was generally pretty remote so there was plenty of space to do that as well. "At least we know ourselves that well."

He laughed softly and gave a shrug of his shoulders, his hand dropping as he instead moved forward to open the small wooden door leading down into the cabin area which had been expanded for their use. "You have faith in me I won't do the same?" He did at least, considering he'd made Aziel show him this for years now. "Good news is in the castaway situation, we are a witch and a wizard and could probably figure out how to get out of that particular mess. As for a shark?" Well... fighting underwater was more difficult in his opinion, but if people could do it with grindylows they could probably deal with a shark. Maybe.

Walking down the steps, the area opened up into a common area on the left, with a small kitchen with all the necessities on the right. Further forward, there was another small hall with a door on either side, the left was his so he went straight towards the right and opened that as well before stepping back. "And this is all yours. I tried to make the rooms pretty spacious so we didn't go stir crazy."

Old 02-25-2023, 05:28 AM   #11 (permalink)

St Mungos Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

MO & DMLE
Clabbert

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ezra Hensley
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Florence Schultz
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Penelope Grimm
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Regina Amstern
Minister's Office

x7 x1

Some level of overthinking probably would benefit Sera to have, so perhaps that was one of the things that made their friendship work. Not that she would consider that to be the case. She would be more than happy to annoy encourage him to get out of his own head and stop thinking so much.

"That's one thing we've got going for us." At least insofar as to being okay with boats. She apparently didn't know the big important things - she probably wouldn't be going on this trip if she did - but at least there was something she knew.

"Hey, you're the one with the big brain here," she said, following him down into the cabin. "See how you solved both of those problems already? That's why you're the cap'n." Rock solid logic if ever she thought so.

Sera admired the common area and kitchen as they passed through. It was all very nice, kinda cozy but also not too small. Seemed perfectly suitable for two people. And then he had opened the door to her room. She stepped inside, set down her suitcase, and turned around to admire it from all angles. "Niiiice. Very nice. I could get used to this."

Old 02-25-2023, 08:22 PM   #12 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

He gave a small laugh and a snort of amusement, nodding his head. "The bare minimum. But it's a start." But as for what they should know next? "Anywhere specific you're hoping to set sail for first?" Because he was open to whatever - though he also had a couple options charted if she preferred to just... pick one.

"The brain is the same size as yours, Dashwood." He replied with another laugh, "I'm also pretty sure I only solved one of those problems. The shark I might pause long enough to end up eaten before fixing the situation." Although perhaps a well aimed stupefy would at least earn him more time... this was a situation he would be fine not having to experience though.

He was pleased it seemed to be to her liking at least, and leaned against the door outside the room and nodded. "Well, good, because it'll probably be some time we spend on the boat. You should probably like your living space for that."

Old 03-12-2023, 05:04 AM   #13 (permalink)

St Mungos Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

MO & DMLE
Clabbert

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ezra Hensley
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Florence Schultz
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Penelope Grimm
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Regina Amstern
Minister's Office

x7 x1

"Nah, I don't have anywhere specific in mind." Sera, currently, was very much in a spontaneous, go-with-the-flow state of mind at this point. No plans. Just blissful existence. "You got somewhere in mind?" So long as it was exciting, she was game.

"You know what I mean, Nam." Of course their brains were the same size in a literal sense. He'd look silly if his head actually enlarged as he got smarter after all. "Nah, I have faith you'll find a way to not get eaten. Maybe I'll even distract the shark so you have time to come up with a plan." Seemed fair to try to help in that situation. She was a good swimmer, so they'd probably be able to manage.

Sera plopped down on the bed, letting her backpack slip off her shoulders before properly flopping on her back. "Yeah, it'd sure be a shame if the rooms were terrible. Probably would still stay even if they were though." She didn't plan on staying in her room all the time anyway, not when adventure was out there!

Old 03-18-2023, 05:18 AM   #14 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

Did he have an idea of where they should sail to first? "Well, we could sail over to Calais and explore our way inland," like literally on land from there, "around Belgium. Or we could do a longer sail to begin with and maybe head towards Portugal or Ireland?" Or they could go even further from there if any of this sounded uninteresting to her.

He of course knew exactly what she meant. But if he was going to be cursed to be too literal of a person anyways, he might as well have fun with it when he could. "Do I though?" He teased. The tease paused and he raised an eyebrow, shaking his head. "What a Gryffindor response. Being a distraction is never a good response to danger." What would Professor Trent say. He might not have been present for the Kelpie lesson, but it had certainly become well known history.

"The rooms are definitely not the sole focus of the journey, you're right." There was a lot more than was truly the purpose. Standing upright, he pushed himself off away from the door. "want anything to snack on or anything?"

Old 04-02-2023, 04:53 PM   #15 (permalink)

St Mungos Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

MO & DMLE
Clabbert

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ezra Hensley
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Florence Schultz
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Penelope Grimm
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Regina Amstern
Minister's Office

x7 x1

Sera considered those suggestions thoughtfully - if thinking about them for 3.5 seconds counted as thoughtfulness. "I vote Ireland." All of them would have been cool, she was sure, but that one stood out to her for whatever reason.

She grinned. "'Course you do." The teasing was fun though, and she liked that side of him whenever he showed it. It was nice to see him having fun. "Would you rather I let it eat you then?" 'Cause that's what would happen if the shark wasn't distracted while he was trying to figure out a plan. She was very helpful.

And she was right about the rooms of course. Sera was glad he agreed. Not that she expected him to disagree on that. She pushed herself to sit upright again before getting to her feet. "I'll never say no to a snack." Unless it was terrible, but she was confident he would be fine at picking out good foods to snack on.

Old 04-15-2023, 08:08 PM   #16 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

Honestly, he just appreciated her ability to make a quick decision considering he always took ages to carefully consider everything. Pulling out some shrunken folders from his pocket, he grabbed the one for Ireland which he had pre-mapped out just in case and enlarged it again with his wand. "Then Ireland it is. Do you need anything else or should we go ahead and cast off?" The idea of just... starting was a bit nerve wracking. But he supposed overcoming that was important too.

"I think you're overestimating." He teased again, giving a small laugh at her shark response as well. In reality? "I absolutely would rather be eaten." Survivors guilt was a thing that he was not looking to add onto. "Maybe you should just shrink it instead so it can't eat me." Then he'd get bitten at worst, and those were heal able.

For snacks it was primarily sugars, which had been and probably always would be his downfall. But he'd noticed that Azriel or Cora had snuck in some vegetables and proteins while apparently also putting in a massive first aid kit that they hopefully would not need. Which he supposed based on that information, it was probably Az. "There's a lot of options and I'm not actually sure what it all is." Carrying the folder under his arm, he led his way back towards the kitchen area and opened the fridge which currently had all the fresh foods and was enchanted to last longer. Once that was all gone, they'd have to move on to the freeze dried camp meals. "Help yourself."