sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1751 users online including...
brerearma , Svetlkez , Evamaw , fvm , AlbertFug

5 members
1746 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > United Kingdom

United Kingdom Magic can be found everywhere throughout the United Kingdom. Just be mindful of the Muggles who are out and about.

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 11-12-2018, 09:15 AM

Default King's Cross Station

Clean and sleek, King's Cross Station is one of the main train stations that serves both Muggles and wizardkind. The interior of the London station is exactly what you would expect. Within the Western Concourse are a variety of shops and restaurants (various clothing chains and coffee shops, a ready-made sandwich place, and a small market), so there is no need to leave the station without grabbing any last-minute necessities or a bite to eat. Just make you are using Muggle money when purchasing items, and definitely do not whip your wand out.

Magically concealed between Platforms 9 and 10, Platform 9¾ is famously known for housing the Hogwarts Express and taking students to and from school in September and June. As you walk buy, the occasional Muggle will turn their head but will think nothing of it. If you're departing for school, walk through the barrier, say goodbye to your family, and board the train -- it leaves at 11 AM sharp! If you're arriving from school, wait your turn to leave the platform so that the Muggles don't get too suspicious of there being an influx of people departing the station.

Platform 9¾ isn't the only wizarding platform available, however. In between Platforms 7 and 8 lies Platform 7½, which is used to transport wizards and witches to magical locations scattered throughout continental Europe. There are, of course, other platforms, though they are typically opened on an as-required-basis for one-off events that lure large masses of people into London.

OOC: In addition to the Muggle areas of King's Cross, character interactions on the wizarding train platforms can be posted here.
Old 02-03-2023, 02:00 PM   #51 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

They were essentially locked in an apologetic loop and it was not one that Jericho had the ability to break seeing as the one who had had the wrong done to them was not himself but Noah. The cycle could be on temporary pause only, however, and the break in eye contact was a signal of this pause. The only true way for the cycle to break would be for Noah to find the power within himself to forgive himself. But all that was a much more intimate conversation for another time should Jericho be so lucky.

"He has an excellent heart and is trying to become an excellent person," he smiled fondly. "He has been through much and lost his way, hence how he and I became acquainted. His footing is returning and has done much self reflection and growth thus far." Which really was as detailed as he would go into regarding this particular topic. James, his James, also needed to forgive and accept himself and Jericho was confident that he would get there eventually. Looking down at Poppy asleep in his arms, and wishing he had brought the pram today, he chuckled at Noah's response and did so in such a way that his pearly white peeked out. Before he could ask whether or not Phoebe's Corner was accepting floral donations, Jericho had a bit of a green thumb himself, he found himself chuckling a bit more. "Do you sing when a tip is added to the jar? I have always been fond of such performances and jingles."

The joke had zipped right over his head though it matter not that he was unaware of a joke when the laugh was enchanting. Laughter was, truly, a gift.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 08:09 PM   #52 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

Having not yet found the ability to forgive himself, Noah settled for pausing the cycle of apologies indefinitely, which was close enough. Pausing forever was basically stopping, although maybe stopping was more final.

He listened to the other James' story, remembering that Jericho was a life coach. He didn't hold it against people who had once 'lost their way'- whatever that meant- because he knew that it was often easier to stay on the right path (though that was hard too) than veer or wander away from it and come back. "I am glad to hear that your James is regaining his footing." He assumed that Jericho was helping with that as a life coach. What did a life coach do? He was quite curious, as he'd never had the money or inclination to pay for one. His school offered therapy, but not life coaching. He made a note to find out what that meant, just because he was inquisitive. When he had a question or an interest, he wouldn't stop until he was satisfied. Even if it was arguably a dumb or unimportant question.

Noah genuinely laughed for a while. "Not yet," He responded, looking amused. "Do you think I'd get more tips if I did? I do have perfect pitch, though I usually only sing for my sister or my girlfriend or my dog." Personally, he doubted that anyone would want that. Not because he was a bad singer, but because they were busy people. "I have a variety of things I COULD do. But I haven't thought to try any of them."
astrocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 03:21 AM   #53 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Many paths branched from a simple pause, among those the indefinite stop. Such was the beauty of life. All philosophical theoretical for another time.

Many would say that Jericho's life path was truly a selfless one, but he would humbly accept the compliment while pointing out the rather obvious truth that this particular career allowed him to capitalize on his passion, love, and enthusiasm. While true that one could say this for any person and profession, there were more than a few things unique to being a life coach. Again, another little spark of joy to life in that this was akin to any professor as long as one was willing to look for it. Always bittersweet when his clients took flight on their own and left his nest. "I will pass along your sentiments next I see him," the former Hufflepuff promised as his chest rose and a deeper seated sense of peace fill himself. So pleasant to see that particular translucent sheen about him again.

Jericho paused to consider before speaking, not wishing to say anything to undermine the skill that was having perfect pitch - something he himself did not possess but found to be a handsome gift in others. Also, a girlfriend. How splendid for Noah. "I believe having the voice of a nightingale is not all that is important in such endeavors, but one's stage presence as well." Jericho was not one to be presumptuous, but Noah did have the earth tones to indicate a softer self and not one who actively sought the spotlight or that was intune enough with himself to reflect upon the ten steps. "Could be something to speak to your manager about and see if such behavior would be beneficial to the entirety of the coffee house," he added encouragingly. "Other things?"

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 08:16 PM   #54 (permalink)
Horklump

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alyx Stone
Hufflepuff
First Year

Alyx arrived at King's Cross with a set of directions and found the map for platform 9 3/4. She was looking for it and found the brick wall that she was meant to walk through. "I see, so I just run through here and I'll arrive at the correct platform." She said this a little too loudly and a few muggles heard her.

She acted like she had heard it too and didn't know who had said it, and the muggles looked at her strangely. Ok. So she waited for a few moments until no one saw her moving and she ran at the wall. She immediately arrived at Platform 9 3/4 and she saw the Hogwarts Express. It was a beautiful train, black and red, and it said 'Hogwarts Express' on the front of it. She went to go look for a seat inside, bringing her luggage with her.
thestralyew19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 10:37 PM   #55 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default Astrid & Ash! <3
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

On this fine day in May, Claudine had messaged Ash at the last minute to change their meeting place. The woman, now five months pregnant, had only just thrown up her lunch - right before she left the Scamander Zoo where she worked as a vet. It wasn’t the first, it wouldn’t be the last time that she vomited during the course of this pregnancy. Said pregnancy had come as a shock to her since it had been her goal to have her children until her late twenties but things happened. The baby growing in her had made Heath exceptionally happy and her boyfriend’s happiness was contagious. So now Claudine was determined to do everything right to produce a very healthy baby. However, today seems to be a day which threatened that determination as there didn’t seem to be anything that wanted to stay in her stomach; she hoped things got better in an hour or two.

Aside from that, Claudine didn’t think she would be able to stand the scent of any food. Which was how she ended up at King’s Cross as opposed to The Leaky Cauldron. Making sure to stay clear of the restaurants and coffee shop, she had entered one of the clothing shops. A new hobby the woman had picked up was clothes shopping for her unborn son.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 01:05 AM   #56 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

SPOILER!!: Claudiiiine
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
On this fine day in May, Claudine had messaged Ash at the last minute to change their meeting place. The woman, now five months pregnant, had only just thrown up her lunch - right before she left the Scamander Zoo where she worked as a vet. It wasn’t the first, it wouldn’t be the last time that she vomited during the course of this pregnancy. Said pregnancy had come as a shock to her since it had been her goal to have her children until her late twenties but things happened. The baby growing in her had made Heath exceptionally happy and her boyfriend’s happiness was contagious. So now Claudine was determined to do everything right to produce a very healthy baby. However, today seems to be a day which threatened that determination as there didn’t seem to be anything that wanted to stay in her stomach; she hoped things got better in an hour or two.

Aside from that, Claudine didn’t think she would be able to stand the scent of any food. Which was how she ended up at King’s Cross as opposed to The Leaky Cauldron. Making sure to stay clear of the restaurants and coffee shop, she had entered one of the clothing shops. A new hobby the woman had picked up was clothes shopping for her unborn son.

Ashley Fox was a woman whose life revolved around the last minute. Last minute planning, last minute working, last minute thinking... so when Claudine texted her to change their meeting place, she was hardly upset. She was running five minutes late, anyways. Unfortunately Claudine hadn't been able to come to her birthday party... so Ash was extra excited to see her today.

She discreetly apparated from an alleyway into another alleyway and strode into King's Cross Station. She got a few long looks from people as she walked by. Firstly, Ash was quite beautiful, and doubly so when she was happy. She looked radiant today in her pretty dress and with a smile on her face- Ash had not had any reason to smile until the past year or so, but now she smiled all the time. Secondly, Ash had a very distinctive appearance. She had nine tattoos, mostly purple, and also just carried a different look about her. She stood out. Third of all, Ash's book had recently been nominated for a new author's award, and her art was attracting quite a lot of attention, and her family was quite well known (never in a good way). She wasn't a complete nobody. Ash, though, didn't notice anybody looking at her either positively or negatively. She simply wandered and walked and wobbled (her heels were high, you see) and twirled her way to the clothing store.

It wasn't as if Claudine wouldn't have recognized Ashley- how could one ever fail to recognize Ashley- but she still announced her presence with a "Claudiiiine!" and a smile that could possibly blind everyone in the immediate vicinity and also a few impressive but worrying happy-jumps-in-heels. "It's so good to see you. How are you? And Heath? And your baby?" Ash was very interested in hearing about Claudine's future son. She wasn't sure if Claudine would accept a hug, but she was happy to give one if allowed.

Ash loved Claudine so much. It hadn't exactly been that way at first sight- after all, Claudine had found her quite annoying and bold at first, but after The Room and their shared love of art they had been very close. Plus, Claudine knew what it was like to have a bad family life. Ash would do anything for Heath and Claudine and future baby, and she made sure they knew it. Her eye drifted to the racks of baby clothes that Claudine was looking at. "You know what I heard is a good color for babies? Purple." Claudine likely knew this already, but Ash liked the color purple very very much. She couldn't help but suggest it. "Also, dinosaurs." No, that was not a color at all. But it was a thing that babies liked!

"Did I already say that it's great to see you?" Ashley asked earnestly. "Because it is." It was probably annoying and bothersome to hear that over and over again, but Ashley meant it the most sincerely. She wanted to make sure her friends felt loved and supported, even if she went about it in an overly talkative way.
Old 12-03-2023, 01:08 AM   #57 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Ash! <33333
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post

Ashley Fox was a woman whose life revolved around the last minute. Last minute planning, last minute working, last minute thinking... so when Claudine texted her to change their meeting place, she was hardly upset. She was running five minutes late, anyways. Unfortunately Claudine hadn't been able to come to her birthday party... so Ash was extra excited to see her today.

She discreetly apparated from an alleyway into another alleyway and strode into King's Cross Station. She got a few long looks from people as she walked by. Firstly, Ash was quite beautiful, and doubly so when she was happy. She looked radiant today in her pretty dress and with a smile on her face- Ash had not had any reason to smile until the past year or so, but now she smiled all the time. Secondly, Ash had a very distinctive appearance. She had nine tattoos, mostly purple, and also just carried a different look about her. She stood out. Third of all, Ash's book had recently been nominated for a new author's award, and her art was attracting quite a lot of attention, and her family was quite well known (never in a good way). She wasn't a complete nobody. Ash, though, didn't notice anybody looking at her either positively or negatively. She simply wandered and walked and wobbled (her heels were high, you see) and twirled her way to the clothing store.

It wasn't as if Claudine wouldn't have recognized Ashley- how could one ever fail to recognize Ashley- but she still announced her presence with a "Claudiiiine!" and a smile that could possibly blind everyone in the immediate vicinity and also a few impressive but worrying happy-jumps-in-heels. "It's so good to see you. How are you? And Heath? And your baby?" Ash was very interested in hearing about Claudine's future son. She wasn't sure if Claudine would accept a hug, but she was happy to give one if allowed.

Ash loved Claudine so much. It hadn't exactly been that way at first sight- after all, Claudine had found her quite annoying and bold at first, but after The Room and their shared love of art they had been very close. Plus, Claudine knew what it was like to have a bad family life. Ash would do anything for Heath and Claudine and future baby, and she made sure they knew it. Her eye drifted to the racks of baby clothes that Claudine was looking at. "You know what I heard is a good color for babies? Purple." Claudine likely knew this already, but Ash liked the color purple very very much. She couldn't help but suggest it. "Also, dinosaurs." No, that was not a color at all. But it was a thing that babies liked!

"Did I already say that it's great to see you?" Ashley asked earnestly. "Because it is." It was probably annoying and bothersome to hear that over and over again, but Ashley meant it the most sincerely. She wanted to make sure her friends felt loved and supported, even if she went about it in an overly talkative way.

By the time Ash had sought her out, Claudine had sorted through the range of baby clothing and finally located a onesie. A polar bear onesie, to be exact. Her baby would be a polar bear. A thought which led Claudine to make a promise to herself that her firstborn was going to be dressed in onesies of all the creatures ever lived whether they be mundane or otherwise.

The crazy loud and rather enthusiastic call of her name jolted her out of her thoughts. Turning, she was greeted by a rather brilliantly pearly white smile. Dang it! Claudine should have worn shades! But all jokes aside, the older woman was awestruck at the wonderful transformation she saw in Ash. More on that later because Claudine had already set down the onesie and had opened her arms to her friend. “All three of us are happy and healthy,’’ she replied, smiling broadly. You can bet the hug was a long, squishy one as she channelled all the love for Ash into it.

Watching the younger woman, Claudine honestly barely heard the words. She was too busy admiring, yet again, Ash’s transformation. “Wha- oh, purple? Is it? We should definitely look for something purple and dinosaur-y.” It was clear that Ash had a lot to say, especially about their meeting and the baby but Claudine had a lot to say as well.

She reached for both of Ash’s hands with her. “It's great to see you too. I’ve missed you. I’ve been a crappy friend lately with work and Heath and I moving into our new house. Then with the baby. I’m sorry.” These weren’t excuses, just the facts. “You’ve changed so much and I love it! I can tell you’re happy with all your life changes because you have a positive energy around you. I’m proud of you for pulling away from all the things that held you down.” [/spoiler]

Old 12-03-2023, 03:15 AM   #58 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

SPOILER!!: Claudine <3
Quote:

By the time Ash had sought her out, Claudine had sorted through the range of baby clothing and finally located a onesie. A polar bear onesie, to be exact. Her baby would be a polar bear. A thought which led Claudine to make a promise to herself that her firstborn was going to be dressed in onesies of all the creatures ever lived whether they be mundane or otherwise.

The crazy loud and rather enthusiastic call of her name jolted her out of her thoughts. Turning, she was greeted by a rather brilliantly pearly white smile. Dang it! Claudine should have worn shades! But all jokes aside, the older woman was awestruck at the wonderful transformation she saw in Ash. More on that later because Claudine had already set down the onesie and had opened her arms to her friend. “All three of us are happy and healthy,’’ she replied, smiling broadly. You can bet the hug was a long, squishy one as she channelled all the love for Ash into it.

Watching the younger woman, Claudine honestly barely heard the words. She was too busy admiring, yet again, Ash’s transformation. “Wha- oh, purple? Is it? We should definitely look for something purple and dinosaur-y.” It was clear that Ash had a lot to say, especially about their meeting and the baby but Claudine had a lot to say as well.

She reached for both of Ash’s hands with her. “It's great to see you too. I’ve missed you. I’ve been a crappy friend lately with work and Heath and I moving into our new house. Then with the baby. I’m sorry.” These weren’t excuses, just the facts. “You’ve changed so much and I love it! I can tell you’re happy with all your life changes because you have a positive energy around you. I’m proud of you for pulling away from all the things that held you down.”

Ash wrapped her arms around Claudine with a happy sigh (because Ash always sighed when she was happy and it was absolutely ridiculous but also endearing). Claudine was like the older sister that she'd never had. "I'm glad for you," she whispered, feeling completely squished in the best way. "And I love the polar bear onesie you picked out. It's so cute and on brand." Yes, she knew all about Claudine's love of creatures, and she was here for it! Dinosaurs were an animal too, just saying........ and dinosaurs came in all types. Like T. Rex, Triceratops, Brachiosaurus, Pteranodon, and purple.

Ash shook her head when Claudine started to talk about being a bad friend. She refused to hear any talk like that. "That's not being a bad friend. You have a whole house and a whole family, I understand how that would keep you busy." She smiled a little, rubbing the skin of her arm as she often did out of habit when thinking. "I've been pretty busy too. Not with family stuff... but with healing. And my career. So it's not like I've been around much either." On the topic of all that... "I've been focusing really hard on being happy. I wouldn't say I've pulled away from all the things holding me down, but I'm certainly attempting to. A little freer every day." It was just that there was too much stuff to fix all at once. But she'd been getting closer and closer! She went to therapy, wrote a book, sold art, bonded with her family over the holidays, and she'd even met a boy she liked a lot(!!!), and she'd be happy to tell Claudine about it later. For now, she wanted to hear about her friend and Heath and all their life things. She was so so invested, okay- because they deserved the best- and she couldn't wait to hopefully meet their new baby soon.
Old 12-09-2023, 05:57 PM   #59 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Sweet Ash! <3
Quote:

Ash wrapped her arms around Claudine with a happy sigh (because Ash always sighed when she was happy and it was absolutely ridiculous but also endearing). Claudine was like the older sister that she'd never had. "I'm glad for you," she whispered, feeling completely squished in the best way. "And I love the polar bear onesie you picked out. It's so cute and on brand." Yes, she knew all about Claudine's love of creatures, and she was here for it! Dinosaurs were an animal too, just saying........ and dinosaurs came in all types. Like T. Rex, Triceratops, Brachiosaurus, Pteranodon, and purple.

Ash shook her head when Claudine started to talk about being a bad friend. She refused to hear any talk like that. "That's not being a bad friend. You have a whole house and a whole family, I understand how that would keep you busy." She smiled a little, rubbing the skin of her arm as she often did out of habit when thinking. "I've been pretty busy too. Not with family stuff... but with healing. And my career. So it's not like I've been around much either." On the topic of all that... "I've been focusing really hard on being happy. I wouldn't say I've pulled away from all the things holding me down, but I'm certainly attempting to. A little freer every day." It was just that there was too much stuff to fix all at once. But she'd been getting closer and closer! She went to therapy, wrote a book, sold art, bonded with her family over the holidays, and she'd even met a boy she liked a lot(!!!), and she'd be happy to tell Claudine about it later. For now, she wanted to hear about her friend and Heath and all their life things. She was so so invested, okay- because they deserved the best- and she couldn't wait to hopefully meet their new baby soon.

Of course it wasn't a silly habit! Claudine thought a lot of things were silly in this world but Ash’s happy sighing was certainly not one of them. As a matter of fact, nothing involving this girl ever was. So happy was she to see her friend once more that Claudine kept giving Ash little squishes; they most likely would have been tighter had she not been conscious of hurting Ash and her own little one in her belly. “Oh, thank you! On both counts. Would you want to help me pick out other onesies? I know the little bean would love having clothing picked out by his Godmother.” Yes. Claudine had been dying to make that reveal and could not have waited a second later.

Claudine truly was grateful for Ash’s understanding. She hadn’t many friends and no family {since she distanced herself from her own} except for Heath’s but she did try her best to stay in touch with them. This reminded her that she should try to catch up with the few she had recently neglected. Claudine smiled at Ash’s words but proceeded to pay full attention to all that the gorgeous younger woman had been up to. And you know what? The pride C felt listening to Ash recount all that she had been up to was next level. “You’ve made me so proud, Ash! Fixing things one day at a time is enough. I see all the progress you’ve made.” Yes, C did! “Your book is exceptional, by the way! I’ve read it a handful of times.” The older woman grinned; she was perhaps the book’s biggest fan.

Old 12-15-2023, 03:21 AM   #60 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

SPOILER!!: Claudiiine warming Ash's heart
Quote:

Of course it wasn't a silly habit! Claudine thought a lot of things were silly in this world but Ash’s happy sighing was certainly not one of them. As a matter of fact, nothing involving this girl ever was. So happy was she to see her friend once more that Claudine kept giving Ash little squishes; they most likely would have been tighter had she not been conscious of hurting Ash and her own little one in her belly. “Oh, thank you! On both counts. Would you want to help me pick out other onesies? I know the little bean would love having clothing picked out by his Godmother.” Yes. Claudine had been dying to make that reveal and could not have waited a second later.

Claudine truly was grateful for Ash’s understanding. She hadn’t many friends and no family {since she distanced herself from her own} except for Heath’s but she did try her best to stay in touch with them. This reminded her that she should try to catch up with the few she had recently neglected. Claudine smiled at Ash’s words but proceeded to pay full attention to all that the gorgeous younger woman had been up to. And you know what? The pride C felt listening to Ash recount all that she had been up to was next level. “You’ve made me so proud, Ash! Fixing things one day at a time is enough. I see all the progress you’ve made.” Yes, C did! “Your book is exceptional, by the way! I’ve read it a handful of times.” The older woman grinned; she was perhaps the book’s biggest fan.

Ash's eyes lit up when Claudine invited her to help pick out baby clothes. Ash sure had some great ideas for her future godson! "I really think this soft blue one right here with the flower is-" W-wait. What?

.................................................. ...................

G-Godson? Ash looked at Claudine with quietly questioning eyes, almost like she didn't actually believe the words. She- as in, Ashley Fox- was going to be a godmother? Claudine had really wanted that? Didn't she know that Ash didn't- didn't- have any sort of good person qualifications? She blinked at her older friend, speechless and half-wondering if Claudine was entirely serious. "R-Really? You want me to be... that?" Her eyes welled up with tears (because Ash cried quite easily, you know). She was just so honored that Claudine and Heath would even think of her that way... she felt something big and warm in her heart. "Wow."

AshleyFoxWasGoingToBeAGodmotherAndSheCouldn'tHandl eIt. It was HARD to continue a different conversation after Claudine had dropped that bombshell, but Ashley still did her best. "I really appreciate that you read my book. I just won a new author's award by the way... and another one for writing one of the best novels of the year." So yes, she was technically an award-winning author, thought she had trouble thinking of herself that way. "I feel blessed that people have started reading my work. I can hardly believe it. And the best part is that it helps me heal." She offered a small smile. Though writing about the war had been torturous, it also felt like a pain in her soul had soothed.
Old 12-21-2023, 10:59 PM   #61 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:

Ash's eyes lit up when Claudine invited her to help pick out baby clothes. Ash sure had some great ideas for her future godson! "I really think this soft blue one right here with the flower is-" W-wait. What?

.................................................. ...................

G-Godson? Ash looked at Claudine with quietly questioning eyes, almost like she didn't actually believe the words. She- as in, Ashley Fox- was going to be a godmother? Claudine had really wanted that? Didn't she know that Ash didn't- didn't- have any sort of good person qualifications? She blinked at her older friend, speechless and half-wondering if Claudine was entirely serious. "R-Really? You want me to be... that?" Her eyes welled up with tears (because Ash cried quite easily, you know). She was just so honored that Claudine and Heath would even think of her that way... she felt something big and warm in her heart. "Wow."

AshleyFoxWasGoingToBeAGodmotherAndSheCouldn'tHandl eIt. It was HARD to continue a different conversation after Claudine had dropped that bombshell, but Ashley still did her best. "I really appreciate that you read my book. I just won a new author's award by the way... and another one for writing one of the best novels of the year." So yes, she was technically an award-winning author, thought she had trouble thinking of herself that way. "I feel blessed that people have started reading my work. I can hardly believe it. And the best part is that it helps me heal." She offered a small smile. Though writing about the war had been torturous, it also felt like a pain in her soul had soothed.

Claudine kept her gaze fixed on Ash, her hunt for onesies for her future son forgotten at the moment; though she had made a mental note of a cute little shirt with three candles on it from her peripheral vision. Her bright smile remained in place as she watched Ash process the news. Claudine was in no rush to break into her friend’s thoughts; she was quite willing to stand here until Ash was ready to speak.

When she did speak, Claudine bobbed her head in confirmation. “Yes! Heath and I discussed it and we thought that there would be no better person than you to be our baby’s Godmother.” So whatever self doubt that Ash possessed should be put to rest. “We want you to be that.” The creatures vet began rummaging through her bag for tissue; given her constant change in emotions {which often resulted in her being reduced to tears}, there was always tissue on her person. “Here. It’s okay if you want to cry for a bit.”

Her heart melted to hear all the good things happening to the other young woman. “Of course! I’ll always read your work, Ash. Congrats on your win! You deserve that so much. I just know you’ll win many more awards!” Happiness was finally with Ash, who deserved it all! “Have you started working on another book as yet?”

Old 12-22-2023, 03:46 PM   #62 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

SPOILER!!: Best Claudine
Quote:

Claudine kept her gaze fixed on Ash, her hunt for onesies for her future son forgotten at the moment; though she had made a mental note of a cute little shirt with three candles on it from her peripheral vision. Her bright smile remained in place as she watched Ash process the news. Claudine was in no rush to break into her friend’s thoughts; she was quite willing to stand here until Ash was ready to speak.

When she did speak, Claudine bobbed her head in confirmation. “Yes! Heath and I discussed it and we thought that there would be no better person than you to be our baby’s Godmother.” So whatever self doubt that Ash possessed should be put to rest. “We want you to be that.” The creatures vet began rummaging through her bag for tissue; given her constant change in emotions {which often resulted in her being reduced to tears}, there was always tissue on her person. “Here. It’s okay if you want to cry for a bit.”

Her heart melted to hear all the good things happening to the other young woman. “Of course! I’ll always read your work, Ash. Congrats on your win! You deserve that so much. I just know you’ll win many more awards!” Happiness was finally with Ash, who deserved it all! “Have you started working on another book as yet?”

Ash very much did want to cry for a bit. She felt that she really ought to control her feelings more, and not cry so much at everything. However, sometimes she just couldn't anymore, and this was one of those times. "I don't n-need tissues, thank you for offering, b-but I have my own handkerchiefs. Several of them actually." She pulled out a white linen square to wipe her eyes, plus a blue one for when she got the first one too wet. This was most definitely a two-handkerchief occasion. "I... I love you and Heath. A lot. I promise to be the best Godmother I can be." Even though she didn't know how yet, she wanted to make Heath and Claudine proud. It was her new mission. Feeling slightly silly but also utterly serious, she reached out her pinky to give Claudine a pinky promise. Then she wiped her eyes as best she could with her handkerchiefs.

"I hope I win more awards. But even if I don't, I plan to keep writing. I'm working on a collection of short stories right now." And Claudine would be one of the first people to see it, if she liked. "I'm also trying to get my art into more art exhibits." Ash believed in herself when it came to art, even if she didn't believe in herself in general. One day, she hoped to get herself into a fancy museum. "How is your job going? And Heath's?"
Old 12-28-2023, 11:37 PM   #63 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:

Ash very much did want to cry for a bit. She felt that she really ought to control her feelings more, and not cry so much at everything. However, sometimes she just couldn't anymore, and this was one of those times. "I don't n-need tissues, thank you for offering, b-but I have my own handkerchiefs. Several of them actually." She pulled out a white linen square to wipe her eyes, plus a blue one for when she got the first one too wet. This was most definitely a two-handkerchief occasion. "I... I love you and Heath. A lot. I promise to be the best Godmother I can be." Even though she didn't know how yet, she wanted to make Heath and Claudine proud. It was her new mission. Feeling slightly silly but also utterly serious, she reached out her pinky to give Claudine a pinky promise. Then she wiped her eyes as best she could with her handkerchiefs.

"I hope I win more awards. But even if I don't, I plan to keep writing. I'm working on a collection of short stories right now." And Claudine would be one of the first people to see it, if she liked. "I'm also trying to get my art into more art exhibits." Ash believed in herself when it came to art, even if she didn't believe in herself in general. One day, she hoped to get herself into a fancy museum. "How is your job going? And Heath's?"

Several handkerchiefs? Despite herself, Claudine chuckled lightly. “I see you’re prepared for when all the good things happen to you.” In her opinion, it was a good idea since there were bound to be unexpected moments when Ash received the great news she deserved. It was then that Claudine fully understood how much her and Heath’s request meant to her friend, and it was then that she was even more certain that the right decision had been made to have Ash as the baby’s Godmother. “You know we love you very much, Ash! And baby Jones will feel the same too, I just know it. Just as I know you’ll be the best Godmother.” Really, there was no doubt about it. Smiling still, Claudine let Ash have her moment while patting her reassuringly and comfortingly on the shoulder.

Fascinating. This was the word to describe Claudine’s feelings towards Ash’s writing adventures. “Any particular topic you’re focusing on for these stories? And yes, please! Your fanbase will love that you keep writing. Baby Jones will have his own collection of your books. Hope you will autograph them for him.” C grinned, knowing that Ash would do exactly that. “I know you’ll be able to pull all the exhibits you want to! You know if you need me to help you set up or to collaborate with, I’ll be there.” Her own art had taken a backseat lately because of life. “Oh, work’s not bad. Writing for the Daily Prophet is something I’m enjoying more than I thought I would. As for working at the Scamander Zoo… it’s a dream come through! I couldn’t be happier there. Heath’s working hard on his plays. Be warned, one day soon, he’s going to recruit you to help him practice his lines.”

Old 01-03-2024, 03:56 AM   #64 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

SPOILER!!: Ash's fave
Quote:

Several handkerchiefs? Despite herself, Claudine chuckled lightly. “I see you’re prepared for when all the good things happen to you.” In her opinion, it was a good idea since there were bound to be unexpected moments when Ash received the great news she deserved. It was then that Claudine fully understood how much her and Heath’s request meant to her friend, and it was then that she was even more certain that the right decision had been made to have Ash as the baby’s Godmother. “You know we love you very much, Ash! And baby Jones will feel the same too, I just know it. Just as I know you’ll be the best Godmother.” Really, there was no doubt about it. Smiling still, Claudine let Ash have her moment while patting her reassuringly and comfortingly on the shoulder.

Fascinating. This was the word to describe Claudine’s feelings towards Ash’s writing adventures. “Any particular topic you’re focusing on for these stories? And yes, please! Your fanbase will love that you keep writing. Baby Jones will have his own collection of your books. Hope you will autograph them for him.” C grinned, knowing that Ash would do exactly that. “I know you’ll be able to pull all the exhibits you want to! You know if you need me to help you set up or to collaborate with, I’ll be there.” Her own art had taken a backseat lately because of life. “Oh, work’s not bad. Writing for the Daily Prophet is something I’m enjoying more than I thought I would. As for working at the Scamander Zoo… it’s a dream come through! I couldn’t be happier there. Heath’s working hard on his plays. Be warned, one day soon, he’s going to recruit you to help him practice his lines.”

Ash sniffled. "Well you see, I cry easily. So I like to be prepared." Whether it was because a friend was getting married or because she'd dropped her snack on the ground in the middle of a hard day, those handkerchiefs were frequently used.

"I can't wait to meet baby Jones, knowing he'll have you two as parents." She loved Heath's compassion, concern, and dramatic effects. She loved Claudine's kindness, artistic talents, and appreciation for creatures. It stood to reason that baby Jones would be the best, and Ash wanted her friend to know it! And she was the most, most honored that they wanted her to be the godmother to their obviously amazing child. She felt like she was walking on clouds, or rainbows or sunbeams or something.

"I'd say my writing tends to cover more... difficult subjects. My short story collection is about healing from bad things over time." Claudine probably knew by now that Ash's writing (especially her published novel) was quite heavy for a young person to be reading... but she was still glad that baby Jones would read them one day. "I'll autograph anything you want," she said with a shy smile. It flattered her that people would even ask. And she was really happy to hear about Claudine's writing/creature-ing and Heath's acting. If she hadn't already cried tears of joy today, she would have now. "I read everything you write, too. And maybe you'll see me at the zoo someday. As for Heath... I'd love to help him practice. He's welcome to come anytime." There was a special place in her heart for Heath Jones ever since he stood up for her when she was a lonely, scared, and rather annoying first year.
Old 01-05-2024, 12:20 AM   #65 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:

Ash sniffled. "Well you see, I cry easily. So I like to be prepared." Whether it was because a friend was getting married or because she'd dropped her snack on the ground in the middle of a hard day, those handkerchiefs were frequently used.

"I can't wait to meet baby Jones, knowing he'll have you two as parents." She loved Heath's compassion, concern, and dramatic effects. She loved Claudine's kindness, artistic talents, and appreciation for creatures. It stood to reason that baby Jones would be the best, and Ash wanted her friend to know it! And she was the most, most honored that they wanted her to be the godmother to their obviously amazing child. She felt like she was walking on clouds, or rainbows or sunbeams or something.

"I'd say my writing tends to cover more... difficult subjects. My short story collection is about healing from bad things over time." Claudine probably knew by now that Ash's writing (especially her published novel) was quite heavy for a young person to be reading... but she was still glad that baby Jones would read them one day. "I'll autograph anything you want," she said with a shy smile. It flattered her that people would even ask. And she was really happy to hear about Claudine's writing/creature-ing and Heath's acting. If she hadn't already cried tears of joy today, she would have now. "I read everything you write, too. And maybe you'll see me at the zoo someday. As for Heath... I'd love to help him practice. He's welcome to come anytime." There was a special place in her heart for Heath Jones ever since he stood up for her when she was a lonely, scared, and rather annoying first year.

Claudine couldn’t help it - she laughed. But not because she was trying to poke fun at Ashley; no, it was because of the way Ash had said it. “Being prepared is usually a good thing so you’re on the right track.” She affectionately patted the younger woman’s shoulder. It simply moved her to see how much her’s and Heath’s request meant so much to Ash. Claudine was secretly pleased to add so much joy to her friend’s already shining life.

“You’ll be the first person I make contact with when he’s about to enter the world.'’ But then she paused thoughtfully. “Okay, maybe the second because of course I’ll probably yell at Heath first to help me get to Mungo’s.” Claudine was bravely awaiting that day of pain but she comforted herself in reminding herself that it’ll all be worth it when she, Heath and Ash finally were able to hold baby Jones. “If you want, you can stay with us for a few days after he comes. Now that Heath and I have our own place, we have lots of room. We’d love to have you if you’re not busy.”

Oh yes, Claudine knew this! She might have enjoyed reading the book and being continuously proud of Ash for writing it but she had also cried a lot during the courses of reading said book. In some ways, she could relate to what it takes to heal and move on from certain aspects in life - in this case, it was her disowning her family of Dark Wizards. “I want him to read it because I want him to face adversities as bravely as you did, Ash.” That and maybe baby Jones will be inspired to someday write a book of his own. “Excellent! You can do that the next time we see each other.” Since Claudine obviously did not have the book on her right now. “I’m happy to have at least one ardent reader! As for the Zoo, you must visit some day! I’ll personally give you the grand tour.” Ashley deserved first class treatment. Claudine giggled suddenly. “I hope you don’t regret that someday. I have a feeling Heath would take you up on that opportunity in a blink of an eye.”

Old 01-05-2024, 04:38 PM   #66 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

SPOILER!!: The best Claudine in the whole world
Quote:

Claudine couldn’t help it - she laughed. But not because she was trying to poke fun at Ashley; no, it was because of the way Ash had said it. “Being prepared is usually a good thing so you’re on the right track.” She affectionately patted the younger woman’s shoulder. It simply moved her to see how much her’s and Heath’s request meant so much to Ash. Claudine was secretly pleased to add so much joy to her friend’s already shining life.

“You’ll be the first person I make contact with when he’s about to enter the world.'’ But then she paused thoughtfully. “Okay, maybe the second because of course I’ll probably yell at Heath first to help me get to Mungo’s.” Claudine was bravely awaiting that day of pain but she comforted herself in reminding herself that it’ll all be worth it when she, Heath and Ash finally were able to hold baby Jones. “If you want, you can stay with us for a few days after he comes. Now that Heath and I have our own place, we have lots of room. We’d love to have you if you’re not busy.”

Oh yes, Claudine knew this! She might have enjoyed reading the book and being continuously proud of Ash for writing it but she had also cried a lot during the courses of reading said book. In some ways, she could relate to what it takes to heal and move on from certain aspects in life - in this case, it was her disowning her family of Dark Wizards. “I want him to read it because I want him to face adversities as bravely as you did, Ash.” That and maybe baby Jones will be inspired to someday write a book of his own. “Excellent! You can do that the next time we see each other.” Since Claudine obviously did not have the book on her right now. “I’m happy to have at least one ardent reader! As for the Zoo, you must visit some day! I’ll personally give you the grand tour.” Ashley deserved first class treatment. Claudine giggled suddenly. “I hope you don’t regret that someday. I have a feeling Heath would take you up on that opportunity in a blink of an eye.”

Ash gave Claudine a smile. She was a pretty predictable person, and nowadays she was trying to predict and prepare for her needs. This mostly meant bringing snacks, water, and handkerchiefs, planning to leave earlier so that she wouldn't be late to everything, and creating schedules for herself so that she ate and slept the proper amount.

She laughed a little. "Good call. It would be a little strange if Heath wasn't the first one. Plus, I'm not really prepared in the arts of taking people to the hospital to have a baby, so..." It really wouldn't make sense for her to literally be there. "I'd be happy to stay with you two. I could cook things and and help you settle in." Because she wasn't coming over just to visit right when Claudine and Heath were having the most stressful yet incredible time. She wanted to- and also believed it was her responsibility to- help out.

Ash had cried reading her own book. She had also cried writing it, and almost couldn't finish. It wasn't at all easy. However... that convinced Ash that her topic was important and that the book needed to be written. "That's sweet of you to say, and I hope baby Jones will be brave. But I also hope he won't have to be." It was impossible to shield kids from everything, and hardship was a part of life, but Ash would be deeply sad if her future godson would have to suffer half as much as her, Claudine, or Heath did as kids. But becoming a writer... that she could get behind.

Ashley's eyes lit up at the prospect of getting to go to the zoo. "I'm so excited! I've never been there before, but now I reeeeally want to." Ash's sense of childish wonder had been suppressed by all sorts of bad things, but it was back in full force now that her situation had improved and she could focus on positive things. Speaking of fun... "I bet I can handle it. I've never ever gotten tired of Heath's acting and he can't make me start now!" She laughed brightly. In all seriousness, she was a huge fan of Claudine's husband Heath and would love to watch him in his element. And she'd bring handkerchiefs in case he did a tragic character and it broke her heart.
Old 01-12-2024, 12:04 AM   #67 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Happiness suits this girl! <3
Quote:

Ash gave Claudine a smile. She was a pretty predictable person, and nowadays she was trying to predict and prepare for her needs. This mostly meant bringing snacks, water, and handkerchiefs, planning to leave earlier so that she wouldn't be late to everything, and creating schedules for herself so that she ate and slept the proper amount.

She laughed a little. "Good call. It would be a little strange if Heath wasn't the first one. Plus, I'm not really prepared in the arts of taking people to the hospital to have a baby, so..." It really wouldn't make sense for her to literally be there. "I'd be happy to stay with you two. I could cook things and and help you settle in." Because she wasn't coming over just to visit right when Claudine and Heath were having the most stressful yet incredible time. She wanted to- and also believed it was her responsibility to- help out.

Ash had cried reading her own book. She had also cried writing it, and almost couldn't finish. It wasn't at all easy. However... that convinced Ash that her topic was important and that the book needed to be written. "That's sweet of you to say, and I hope baby Jones will be brave. But I also hope he won't have to be." It was impossible to shield kids from everything, and hardship was a part of life, but Ash would be deeply sad if her future godson would have to suffer half as much as her, Claudine, or Heath did as kids. But becoming a writer... that she could get behind.

Ashley's eyes lit up at the prospect of getting to go to the zoo. "I'm so excited! I've never been there before, but now I reeeeally want to." Ash's sense of childish wonder had been suppressed by all sorts of bad things, but it was back in full force now that her situation had improved and she could focus on positive things. Speaking of fun... "I bet I can handle it. I've never ever gotten tired of Heath's acting and he can't make me start now!" She laughed brightly. In all seriousness, she was a huge fan of Claudine's husband Heath and would love to watch him in his element. And she'd bring handkerchiefs in case he did a tragic character and it broke her heart.

There was nothing wrong with being predictable; Ash was simply being herself and this was the best way to live. Now it was Claudine’s turn to laugh. “Then I certainly made the right decision,’’ she remarked with a wink. No, she wouldn’t put Ash on the spot and in such a hectic and potentially panicky situation. But her face did light up with happiness and excitement when Ash mentioned she would be willing to stay over. “Wonderful! Just let us know when the time is right for you. All you need to bring are whatever personal stuff you need and a lot of patience for dealing with your Godchild.” Hopefully that child will be a quiet and content one; but in any case, Ash was a patient one.

Just look at Ash’s happiness! Claudine loved to see it. “I’m adding a Zoo trip to a bucket list for you and I. You should definitely think about anything else you want to do and we can add it to the list.” Be it cooking, getting tattoos, drawing… whatever Ash wanted. “That’ll warm his heart and make him love you even more.” The words in turn warmed her own heart as she motioned at the array of clothing around them. “See anything you like? Grab it if you do. My treat.” Listen, Claudine was going to keep up that tradition of getting Ash something every time they met.

« St. James's Park | - »