sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1150 users online including...
Antoniovzm , Nymphadoraliz , Shawntzs , Stevendalo , Antoniobjl , Antoniodmz

7 members
1143 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 58: May - August 2021

Term 58: May - August 2021 Term Fifty-Eight: Have Some Bread (Sept 2104 - June 2105)

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 06-16-2021, 05:11 AM

Default Transfiguration Lesson 2: How to Train Your Dragon

It may be a chilly January day outside, but Professor Carton has kept the transfiguration classroom nice and toasty with a few well-placed warming charms. The desks are arranged around the perimeter of the room with a large wooden maze taking up the space in the middle. While the maze itself is expansive, the walls and passages are much too small for a human to navigate. Perhaps it’s meant for an animal instead. Perhaps it’ll be transfigured into something else. Only time will tell!

If the maze isn’t enough to pique the students’ curiosity, hopefully the objects on the desks will. Three small objects sit atop each desk: a stone, a leaf, and an ice cube. No need to worry about the ice melting! It’s been charmed to hold its shape. Professor Carton stands in his usual place at the front of the room, waiting to greet the students as they arrive. On the chalkboard behind his is the following message:

Quote:
Please DO NOT touch the items on the desks yet!
Come in and take your seats! The lesson will begin shortly.

OOC: Welcome to the 2nd transfiguration of the term! Class will officially start in ABOUT 22 HOURS HAS STARTED.

Lesson Progression
Q1: What kind of transformation spell is more useful: one meant for use on a specific object or one useable on a variety of things?
Q2: What, if any, effect do you think the type of material used has on the transformation? How so?
Mini Activity part 1: Guess which material wil be hardest to transfigure/which will be easiest
Main Activity: Dragon obstacle course maze
Obstacles #1
Obstacles #2
Old 06-24-2021, 12:19 AM   #51 (permalink)

DMLE & DoM
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Archie O'Brien
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Selene Latimer
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Gethin Hughes
Mysteries

These dragons were just one of the cutest things that Kayne has ever laid his eyes upon. The way that they almost purred like a cat when he was petting them was just too much for his heart to contain. Overflowed with a very warm and happy energy, he almost found himself too distracted to listen to the Professor, but he quickly snapped back to reality when Professor Carton had said his name followed by the compliment. The welcoming smile still upon his face, Kayne replied "Thanks, Professor! Is there any chance we can keep these little ones as pets?" He couldn't help but ask that question. Even if the answer was no, the Slytherin would still most likely be finding himself casting this spell later on.

Peering back at the three dragons, they had now seemed to be play fighting with each other. Knowing that there was a job to do though, Kayne tapped his fingers very lightly on the desk to get there attention; it wasn't hard enough to startle them in any way, but it was still just enough to let them know that Kayne needed them now. Seeing that he had now six eyes staring up at him, Kayne asked "Ok you three, which one of you will finish first?" The green one had then let out a tiny screech. "You think you'll win Leif Erickson?" Yes, Kayne had named the dragon that was transfigured from the leaf, Leif Erickson. Did he care that it was a bad pun? Absolutely not. Did he laugh at his own joke even though he knew it was terrible? Absolutely.

Now actually thinking about it, Kayne couldn't help but wonder if that was actually true. Come to think of it, Leif was previously the lightest of the three objects. So could that correspond to it possibly having the most aerodynamics of the bunch? This was a very interesting theory that had arisen. With nothing better to use for his prediction, Kayne decided to go with it. So, he jot his predictions down in his notes.

SPOILER!!: Notes
Leaf:
a- 1 pt
v- N/A
c- 1 pt
w and z- unknown

Ice Cube:
a- 2 pts
v- N/A
c- 2 pts
w and z- unknown

Stone:
a- 3 pts
v- N/A
c- 3 pts
w and z- unknown

Final conclusion:
The leaf is the easiest to be subject to change, whereas the stone is the hardest.

Testing the theory:

First two attempts on the stone failed, possibly meaning that it was indeed the hardest to concentrate on. Then the attempts that followed were all successes, with that little nuance on the last one with the light actually trailing with the motion of the wand. The weight of the objects certainly played a part in the amount of concentration required.

Hypothesis: which dragon will run the maze fastest?

Leif Erickson- probably first
Snowden- probably second
Brick- probably last

With the notes now completed, his attention moved back towards the group, which, surprise surprise, was once again play fighting. "You three better behave while I go get the stopwatch for us." Kayne remarked. After which, he got up from his seat, and went to go grab one of the available stopwatches that the Professor had laid out for them on the front desk.

... MISUNDERSTOOD ... DILIGENT ... SECRETIVE ...
Old 06-24-2021, 02:46 AM   #52 (permalink)

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Violeta X. Escalante
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yulietta Escalante
Slytherin
First Year
x8
That's Rough Buddy | Be the Flower | Moon & Stars

SPOILER!!: Serena's Predictions

Ice Cube - It will be the most challenging to transform because ice is constantly changing; melting. It may not be as heavy as the stone, but the stone remains the same. (Since the ice is charmed to not melt, this theory does not apply to it. In that case, it ice might come in second to the stone; based on mass and weight.)

Leaf - It might be the easiest to transform because it does not change, nor does it weight much.

Stone - It might come in second to the most challenging to transform. It weighs more than the other two objects.

**It will also depend on my magical abilities. If I practice on the ice cube first, the other two might prove to be easier simply because I have already practiced the spell.

So, maybe I will practice the spell on the leaf and when I get to transforming the ice cube it will not be as challenging because I would have already acquired the practice beforehand.

Dragon Predictions

First Place: Leaf
Second Place: Ice cube
Third Place: Stone

Serena didn't elaborate her dragon predictions. She honestly didn't know which one would take the win. She was only formally aware of the transformation process, not the quality of the end result. That meant testing this out.

After proper practice and feeling ready, she cast, "Draconifors!" There was no doubt in her voice. Her confidence was a consistent thing.

Baby blue eyes watched with hidden excitement as the leaf began to morph and take shape of dragon. Its wings grew wide and slightly jagged. The tails gave a mighty swoosh. It's auburn scales gleamed like autumn as spikes ran down its back. It was truly majestic. Serena had made that all on her own.

Ugh.

Precious.

Now for the other two items. And then she could test them out on the maze.
Old 06-24-2021, 05:28 PM   #53 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default Answering questions + Obstacles round 1
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Text Cut: Donovan & Mordrake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Dahlia was all kinds of patient. Usual. Sometimes. Okay, not really. She tried to be. It was hard when you had lots of energy. She did her best to take down notes. Very incredibly detailed notes when Carton answered her questions. Did the professor know he was a saint? Seriously?! Bright blue eyes shone with delight as she heard all that he had to say but.. wait. What?! Her little itty-bitty tiny wittle dragon could die?! It could starve? So theoretically speaking what he was telling her was that she could keep her dragon if she managed to create one? "Professor, if.. it could starve that means if needs to eat? And it could get sick and injured too just like an actual dragon. So really it IS a real dragon just very tiny?" That is what he was telling her, correct? Cause that's what her young adolescent ears were hearing.

Happy with all the answers she had gotten and her predictions on difficulty she was ready. "drah-KON-i-fors.. drah-KON-i-fors..drah-KON-i-fors" Over and over and over again until it flowed from her lips like a hummed tune. The wand movement was easy, a slashing motion at the target. That she could do without even thinking about it. Now came the hard part. Actually getting herself a dragon.

Think it. See it. Feel it. First she needed to visualize what she wanted. Closing her eyes she pictured it in her head perfectly and then opened her eyes again. She could do this. Pulling her wand from its holster she aimed it at the leaf on her desk and gave a slash like motion. "drah-KON-i-fors!"

Nothing. Not a shudder from the lead not a talon. Nothing. "Drah-KON-i-fors!" Lia tried again, giving another slash of her wand as she pictured the dragon in her head. She poured all her focus into seeing it before her, giving the leaf life. And there it. Well sort of. The leaf shook and quivered, it wanted to change. She could see it. Come on, come on!

"Drah-KON-i-fors!" Third time was a charm! Scarlet. The color was undeniable. Her heart began to race as what was once a small leaf was now a tiny dragon. Correction. A tiny Chinese Fireball. The exact dragon she had come talons to shoulders with only a year ago. Well.. not the EXACT one but the species. Yellow eyes stared into her blue ones as if it knew what she was thinking when even SHE didn't know what she was thinking. It watched her curiously before walking around her desk, climbing up onto the pencil box and laying down on top of it like it was guarding it.

Well alright then. One down. Two to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by natethegreat View Post
These dragons were just one of the cutest things that Kayne has ever laid his eyes upon. The way that they almost purred like a cat when he was petting them was just too much for his heart to contain. Overflowed with a very warm and happy energy, he almost found himself too distracted to listen to the Professor, but he quickly snapped back to reality when Professor Carton had said his name followed by the compliment. The welcoming smile still upon his face, Kayne replied "Thanks, Professor! Is there any chance we can keep these little ones as pets?" He couldn't help but ask that question. Even if the answer was no, the Slytherin would still most likely be finding himself casting this spell later on.

Peering back at the three dragons, they had now seemed to be play fighting with each other. Knowing that there was a job to do though, Kayne tapped his fingers very lightly on the desk to get there attention; it wasn't hard enough to startle them in any way, but it was still just enough to let them know that Kayne needed them now. Seeing that he had now six eyes staring up at him, Kayne asked "Ok you three, which one of you will finish first?" The green one had then let out a tiny screech. "You think you'll win Leif Erickson?" Yes, Kayne had named the dragon that was transfigured from the leaf, Leif Erickson. Did he care that it was a bad pun? Absolutely not. Did he laugh at his own joke even though he knew it was terrible? Absolutely.

Now actually thinking about it, Kayne couldn't help but wonder if that was actually true. Come to think of it, Leif was previously the lightest of the three objects. So could that correspond to it possibly having the most aerodynamics of the bunch? This was a very interesting theory that had arisen. With nothing better to use for his prediction, Kayne decided to go with it. So, he jot his predictions down in his notes.

SPOILER!!: Notes
Leaf:
a- 1 pt
v- N/A
c- 1 pt
w and z- unknown

Ice Cube:
a- 2 pts
v- N/A
c- 2 pts
w and z- unknown

Stone:
a- 3 pts
v- N/A
c- 3 pts
w and z- unknown

Final conclusion:
The leaf is the easiest to be subject to change, whereas the stone is the hardest.

Testing the theory:

First two attempts on the stone failed, possibly meaning that it was indeed the hardest to concentrate on. Then the attempts that followed were all successes, with that little nuance on the last one with the light actually trailing with the motion of the wand. The weight of the objects certainly played a part in the amount of concentration required.

Hypothesis: which dragon will run the maze fastest?

Leif Erickson- probably first
Snowden- probably second
Brick- probably last

With the notes now completed, his attention moved back towards the group, which, surprise surprise, was once again play fighting. "You three better behave while I go get the stopwatch for us." Kayne remarked. After which, he got up from his seat, and went to go grab one of the available stopwatches that the Professor had laid out for them on the front desk.

Norman thought he’d answered all of Miss Donovan’s questions, but then another barrage came his way. He smiled slightly, amused by her curiosity. Nice to see a student so interested in he subject! “Technically no, it isn’t a real dragon,” he replied, “but it’s meant to mimic one as closely as possible. So yes, it can eat, and it can die.”

His blue-green eyes shifted to Mr. Mordrake as he heard the boy’s question, and he shook his head. “I doubt Headmaster Trent would take kindly to miniature dragons in the castle,” he said, “but I’ll create a habitat for the dragons here in the transfiguration corridor. You can visit them whenever you want.” That bit of information probably bore repeating, didn’t it?

Clearing his throat, he addressed the class as a whole, “The dragons and maze will stay in the transfiguration corridor after today for anyone who wants to run the maze or visit the dragons.”

Text Cut: Obstacles #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
"Dra-KON-i-fors, Dra-KON-i-fors..." Violet had practiced the incantation and wand movements a number of times until she felt she had them right, and then began first on the ice cube. That was the one she thought would be easiest, and, she noticed, it was the one the teacher had started with.

Drakonifors! Violet said, moving her wand toward the ice cube. For a moment it seemed like it was going to just sit there melting, but then what seemed to be melting turned into a metamorphasis into a small blue-white dragon with droopy wings. It regarded her coldly as she stared at it. "I love magic!" Violet whispered, as she looked at it.

Next she pulled over the leaf, moving it carefully so as not to tear it. "Draconifors!" she cast again, with more confidence this time. The leaf seemed to fold in on itself in a spiral and emerged as a slender, beautiful green dragon the size of a dragonfly. Observing it was being watched, the dragon preened and began folding and unfolding its wings, as if it were asking to be admired. The white dragon observed it with what seemed to be disdain.

"Okay, one more," Violet muttered, moving the rock directly in front of her. "Draconifors!" Nothing happened. "Draconifors! Draconifors! The rock sat solidly in front of her, refusing to move. 'Stubborn as a rock'--that should be a new saying, she thought. "Dra-KON-ifors!!" [/i][/b] she cast again, louder and more firmly than before, and with just a touch of anger. Finally, finally! the rock seemed to begin to sort of melt into a puddle, moving as slow as a glacier, and then the puddle pulled itself together, with agonizing slowness, into a squat, grey, grumpy looking little dragon with short wings. It looked at her like she was the most detestable creature on earth. Violet might have felt offended, but the grey dragon gave an equally displeased look to each of the other dragons.

Hmm--now for the maze. Violet decided to start with her leaf-dragon, since that seemed the most cooperative, so she got a stopwatch and walked over to the maze and carefully laid the dragon in. "Now, this won't be too hard or dangerous of anything," she said to it. Just...just do your best." Violet started the watch and stepped back, expecting to see her dragon take off.

Which it did--at first. But the leaf-dragon kept getting distracted by admiring its own wings and mincing along like it was at a fashion show, so it really didn't make good time. Well, at least it was moving.
The little leaf dragon should start paying more attention to its surroundings and less to its wings! As it moves along, it will soon find itself caught in a strong gust of wind that threatens to blow it off course. Best think fast, little dragon!

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
Old 06-24-2021, 06:00 PM   #54 (permalink)

DMLE & DoM
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Archie O'Brien
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Selene Latimer
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Gethin Hughes
Mysteries

After retrieving the stop watch needed in order to time his dragons, Kayne made his way back to his seat. Two of the dragons, Snowden and Brick, were just laying around, being pretty lazy compared to how they were acting previously; while Leif was walking around on it's tiny little feet. Clearly, Leif seemed to be the more energetic of the three apparently.

Upon hearing the Professor's answer to his question, at first Kayne was kinda sad. Until he had remarked that he would make a habitat for the dragons, which reinvigorated him. It wasn't something that the boy had hoped for, but at least it was some form of compromise. Kayne knew the Professor could have simply just said no, but he was grateful for this. Something was better than nothing. And at least the Slytherin could then visit his new children (yes, the dragons are now his children), whenever down here. Kayne then said "Thanks Professor!"

Eyes now staring down at the three dragons, the boy told them "Alright little ones, time to get this party started. Leif, you're gonna go up first." A hand reached down towards Brick and Snowden, and quickly, the two hopped on. He then put them on either shoulder for them to perch there and watch as Leif would run the maze. After those two were settled, Kayne then picked up Leif, and brought him over to the entrance. Carefully, the boy set the green dragon down at the entrance. Starry eyed, Kayne told it "Alright Leify, your time, starts..." Dramatic pause for effect. "Now!" With this, he clicked the stopwatch to start the dragon's time.

Leif looked kinda confused while the big man that was talking to him picked him up and set him down in that giant thing with tons of walls. Not knowing what to do really, it just sort of started to wander through the labyrinth. Making all sorts of twists and turns, lefts and rights, it had seemed to come across a dead end after a few brief seconds. Tilting it's head, the dragon screeched a bit. As it screeched, small sparks flew out of it's mouth to attempt to burn it down, but obviously that didn't work. So, instead, it took flight, landing on top of the wall which was blocking it's way.

Old 06-24-2021, 10:17 PM   #55 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post

The little leaf dragon should start paying more attention to its surroundings and less to its wings! As it moves along, it will soon find itself caught in a strong gust of wind that threatens to blow it off course. Best think fast, little dragon!
Violet watched impatiently as the leaf dragon wasted time preening. Suddenly it was caught by a gust of wind that caught it off guard and nearly blew it into one of the sides of the maze. The dragon looked startled for a minute as it tried to resist the wind, which was stronger than its light weight.

Suddenly, the leaf dragon shifted its wings, bringing them closer to its body and slanted backward slightly. The wings acted as a sort of sail or kite and the dragon began to soar gently a little above the ground, making good speed now through the maze.

Violet was pleased with the dragon's ingenuity--she had thought it a bit of an airhead, but when push came to shove, the leaf-dragon was quick on its feet. She looked down at her stopwatch, ready to clock the dragon's finish. She thought she would try her ice-dragon next, as it seemed slightly (but only very slightly) more cooperative than the stone-dragon.
Old 06-25-2021, 12:13 AM   #56 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

No takers? The one minute wasn’t even up but Claudine was too excited to even care or wait. She coaxed the bby to the start of the maze. However, he seemed to want to cling to her all the time. At least, he held onto her arms and it was all so cute! It reminded her of a certain Ravenclaw whom she adored.

Anyway.

Eventually, with more coaxing and some loving words, the Snakette eventually got him to let go of her and turn his attention to the maze. She was pleased to to see him eventually take a few steps in.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 06-25-2021, 03:38 PM   #57 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default Obstacles #2
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Text Cut: Mordrake
Quote:
Originally Posted by natethegreat View Post
After retrieving the stop watch needed in order to time his dragons, Kayne made his way back to his seat. Two of the dragons, Snowden and Brick, were just laying around, being pretty lazy compared to how they were acting previously; while Leif was walking around on it's tiny little feet. Clearly, Leif seemed to be the more energetic of the three apparently.

Upon hearing the Professor's answer to his question, at first Kayne was kinda sad. Until he had remarked that he would make a habitat for the dragons, which reinvigorated him. It wasn't something that the boy had hoped for, but at least it was some form of compromise. Kayne knew the Professor could have simply just said no, but he was grateful for this. Something was better than nothing. And at least the Slytherin could then visit his new children (yes, the dragons are now his children), whenever down here. Kayne then said "Thanks Professor!"

Eyes now staring down at the three dragons, the boy told them "Alright little ones, time to get this party started. Leif, you're gonna go up first." A hand reached down towards Brick and Snowden, and quickly, the two hopped on. He then put them on either shoulder for them to perch there and watch as Leif would run the maze. After those two were settled, Kayne then picked up Leif, and brought him over to the entrance. Carefully, the boy set the green dragon down at the entrance. Starry eyed, Kayne told it "Alright Leify, your time, starts..." Dramatic pause for effect. "Now!" With this, he clicked the stopwatch to start the dragon's time.

Leif looked kinda confused while the big man that was talking to him picked him up and set him down in that giant thing with tons of walls. Not knowing what to do really, it just sort of started to wander through the labyrinth. Making all sorts of twists and turns, lefts and rights, it had seemed to come across a dead end after a few brief seconds. Tilting it's head, the dragon screeched a bit. As it screeched, small sparks flew out of it's mouth to attempt to burn it down, but obviously that didn't work. So, instead, it took flight, landing on top of the wall which was blocking it's way.

Leif was a clever little dragon to fly above the wall, but it may soon find its efforts futile. The moment it lands, a mini earthquake hits the wall, causing it to rattle violently enough to knock the little dragon off balance. What will you do now, Leif? It's a rather long way down!

Text Cut: Blackthorne
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
Violet watched impatiently as the leaf dragon wasted time preening. Suddenly it was caught by a gust of wind that caught it off guard and nearly blew it into one of the sides of the maze. The dragon looked startled for a minute as it tried to resist the wind, which was stronger than its light weight.

Suddenly, the leaf dragon shifted its wings, bringing them closer to its body and slanted backward slightly. The wings acted as a sort of sail or kite and the dragon began to soar gently a little above the ground, making good speed now through the maze.

Violet was pleased with the dragon's ingenuity--she had thought it a bit of an airhead, but when push came to shove, the leaf-dragon was quick on its feet. She looked down at her stopwatch, ready to clock the dragon's finish. She thought she would try her ice-dragon next, as it seemed slightly (but only very slightly) more cooperative than the stone-dragon.

So the little leaf dragon made it through the wind. Great job! But don't get too comfortable. As the dragon nears the finish line, the path ahead darkens as clouds descend, and a crackle of lightning touches down. How will you navigate the lightning storm?

Text Cut: Blaze
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
No takers? The one minute wasn’t even up but Claudine was too excited to even care or wait. She coaxed the bby to the start of the maze. However, he seemed to want to cling to her all the time. At least, he held onto her arms and it was all so cute! It reminded her of a certain Ravenclaw whom she adored.

Anyway.

Eventually, with more coaxing and some loving words, the Snakette eventually got him to let go of her and turn his attention to the maze. She was pleased to to see him eventually take a few steps in.

As the little dragon steps farther into the maze, the way forward narrows, almost as if the walls are closing in on the poor thing. No, wait, they are closing in! The path ahead becomes smaller and smaller until the dragon can no longer fit through. How will you proceed now?

OOC: You still have ABOUT 12 HOURS for this activity.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
Old 06-25-2021, 09:52 PM   #58 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
So the little leaf dragon made it through the wind. Great job! But don't get too comfortable. As the dragon nears the finish line, the path ahead darkens as clouds descend, and a crackle of lightning touches down. How will you navigate the lightning storm?[/COLOR]
The leaf dragon slowed down briefly as it heard the sound of an approaching storm. Gliding back down to the ground, it hesitated a few moments, then raised its leafy wings over its head in a sort of canopy and began running toward the finish line on foot, as if it were eager to be done with this exercise. The drops of rain that started to fall merely dropped of the leaf-like wings and before the storm could get worse, the leaf-dragon was over the line.

It stood there turning in a circle and flicking the water off its wings in an irritated manner, then looked crossly up at Violet, as it it blamed her for the whole thing. Violet clicked the time and recorded the time--not bad, but could have been better if the dragon hadn't wasted so much time in the beginning. Still, it had done a clever job of it, and Violet smiled as she gently lifted it out of the maze in both hands and set it back at her workstation.

Violet had spent a lot of time on the first run, so she hurriedly scooped up the ice-dragon and carried it over to the starting line of the maze. It looked disdainfully up at her and stuck its nose up in the air, not moving an inch.

"Very well, if that's the way you feel," Violet remarked. "Only I'd have thought you wouldn't want to let that leaf-dragon show you up. I'm starting the timer now, by the way." The ice-dragon pricked up its head at that, then, turning forward, started with determination into the maze, sliding along like a skater on an iced-over pond.
Old 06-25-2021, 11:35 PM   #59 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Wait. This dragon spell .... was permanent??? Apollo's eyes widened as he heard Professor Carton telling someone - that slytherin boy ? - about creating a habitat for them in the corridor which meant ... this spell, if cast, wouldn't wear off? Didn't these transfiguration and charms spells wear off after a certain time ?

"Drakonifors" he rehearsed again. Was this a difficult spell? He guessed not, but the Professor seemed to be making the assumption that they could ... oh wait, if they couldn't, then they can partner with someone who had transfigured the dragons?

So he said the ice would be easiest to transfigure ... but he also didn't think it would be fastest to go through the maze. He considered what the Professor had told them before writing down his predictions.

[textcut"Maze Predictions"]
Leaf-dragon would be fastest because leaves blow quickly in the wind. The next fastest would be the stone because if you were to compare throwing a stone and an ice, the stone would throw better.

Leaf fastest. then Stone. Slowest is ice dragon
[/textcut]

"Drakonifors" he flicked his wand at the ice, concentrating and picturing a dragon ... it wasn't detailed, but it was a creature. That looked wet? Interesting. Unsure if it would move, Apollo figured only way to test it out was to place the dragon at the start of the maze, in which he did and the 'dragon' seemed to slide like an ice cube. Well, guess he may as well start the timer since it was moving ... just not flying, but no one said their dragon had to fly??

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin________________You look like my next mistake
Old 06-26-2021, 01:21 PM   #60 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default Class Dismissed!

Norman watched from his place at the front of the room as the students (and dragons) worked. So far, they were making good progress! He saw Blackthorne had already completed her leaf dragon’s run and moved on to the ice dragon. Mordrake and Leif Erikson were also making good time. Elsewhere, he saw Blaze and Adara-Stark starting their first runs. All progress was noted, though he didn’t offer any comment so as not to distract anyone, person or dragon, from the task at hand.

After some time had passed, he checked his watch and - Merlin, was it dismissal time already?! He cleared his throat, addressing the class one final time, “Alright, time is up! Find a stopping place and collect your things. Make sure you leave all dragons here! After today, the maze and dragons will be moved to their new home where you can visit any time, should you want to finish your experiment or play with the dragons. Tonight’s homework: practice Draconifors on at least one material we didn’t use in class, and record your observations on the transfiguration process and the dragon’s characteristics.”

Oh, and one more thing! “If you’ve named your dragons, please leave their names written on a scrap of parchment. Otherwise, class dismissed!”

OOC: That’s all, folks! Thank you for coming! I’ll leave the thread open for another few hours for anyone who wants to finish up their maze run and.or post their charrie leaving.

Old 06-26-2021, 09:57 PM   #61 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Violet had been keeping one eye on the ice dragon and one on the timer, anxious that class would end before it finished. The ice dragon was making good time, moving in a stately glide along the track and ignoring anything else going on around it. It was making much better time than the leaf-dragon had.

Suddenly she heard the teacher call an end to class. Glancing over, she saw the ice-dragon was very near the finish. She looked over at Professor Carton--he wasn't looking in her direction. Well, he hadn't said right this minute--exactly. Violet was reluctant to try to stop the ice-dragon when it was so close (besides, it was a little intimidating, for a tiny dragon), so she waited just a minute or so longer and watched as the ice-dragon glided triumphantly over the finish line, clocking its speed.

The ice-dragon looked over at her with a very smug expression, folded up its wings, and turned the other way to gaze imperially off in the opposite direction. Violet scooped it up, put it with her other dragons, and began to gather her things.

The stone dragon would have to wait, which might be just as well, since it was still sitting where she had transfigured it with a very sullen expression on its face. Violet suspected that she would have had a lot of trouble getting the stone-dragon to do the maze. Apparently creatures transfigured out of stone were not only hard to transfigure, but very stubborn besides. Still, Violet hated to leave the project incomplete.

But, for now, she had to leave, so with all her things in hand, she headed for the door. "Goodbye, Professor Carton, nice lesson," she called as she passed out the door.
Old 06-26-2021, 11:32 PM   #62 (permalink)

DMLE & DoM
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Archie O'Brien
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Selene Latimer
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Gethin Hughes
Mysteries

SPOILER!!: Professor Carton
Quote:
Norman watched from his place at the front of the room as the students (and dragons) worked. So far, they were making good progress! He saw Blackthorne had already completed her leaf dragon’s run and moved on to the ice dragon. Mordrake and Leif Erikson were also making good time. Elsewhere, he saw Blaze and Adara-Stark starting their first runs. All progress was noted, though he didn’t offer any comment so as not to distract anyone, person or dragon, from the task at hand.

After some time had passed, he checked his watch and - Merlin, was it dismissal time already?! He cleared his throat, addressing the class one final time, “Alright, time is up! Find a stopping place and collect your things. Make sure you leave all dragons here! After today, the maze and dragons will be moved to their new home where you can visit any time, should you want to finish your experiment or play with the dragons. Tonight’s homework: practice Draconifors on at least one material we didn’t use in class, and record your observations on the transfiguration process and the dragon’s characteristics.”

Oh, and one more thing! “If you’ve named your dragons, please leave their names written on a scrap of parchment. Otherwise, class dismissed!”

OOC: That’s all, folks! Thank you for coming! I’ll leave the thread open for another few hours for anyone who wants to finish up their maze run and.or post their charrie leaving.

Leif was shook, both figuratively and literally, as a mini earthquake had knocked the poor thing off from the wall. But it wouldn't let this be the end. Flipping mid-air, the dragon quickly took flight back through the maze the way it came. Going up above the walls, it surveyed the area to find it's path out. Then, the little guy found it's exit. Swiftly, the dragon flew through the labyrinth; zig-zagging through the windy halls. After a few short moments, he had made it's escape, finally out of the stone enclosure. After Leif was done, he flew back towards Kayne.

Kayne audibly gasped as he witnessed his dragon getting forced off the wall. Until he noticed the little guy had some great reaction timing, almost immediately taking off after his fall. Very shortly after that, the Slytherin was able to click the stopwatch as the dragon had finished up the maze. Surprised, Kayne took notice of the time, Leif had finished the maze in only two and a half minutes. That was extremely well done!

At this point, the Professor had called for the end of class. Which also meant, the boy had to unfortunately say goodbye to his dragons...for now at least. Looking at the three, Kayne said to each of them "Unfortunately, I have to go now cuties. I promise, I'll be back to visit you all as soon as possible." Saying this, he snuggled and gave a mini hug to all of them, sad that he had to be leaving them here.

Making sure to write down their names on a piece of parchment, Kayne left it on the front desk with the dragons. Before leaving he said "Goodbye Professor, and thanks again for allowing us to keep the dragons here!"

SPOILER!!: Dragon names

Green= Leif Erickson
White= Snowden
Gray= Brick

Old 06-26-2021, 11:49 PM   #63 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

The Snakette gasped. No way! Surely the maze wouldn’t crush her little bby. She almost went into a panic. “Look out!’’ she called to the bby.

The bby in question did not want to do this. All he wanted to do was to be with the nice human. Was that too much to ask for? He’d only decided to go down this path thing because she wanted him to. And now the path thing was closing in on him. Bby didn’t panic. No. He simply took flight, beating his little wings, as he rose into the air. He flew back to the human where hoped to perch in her arms.

Claudine was relieved that the bby wasn’t hurt. Of course she knew that Carton would not let the dragons be harmed. She didn’t even care that her dragon hadn’t made it a decent way through the maze. “Hi.’’ She gathered him in her arms, holding him so that his back was against her. Claudine was sad to leave him and the others but… ”I’ll visit, I promise.” She returned him to her desk with the other two who were still sleeping. Her belonging were gathered up and she gave each dragon a pet before saying goodbye to Carton and leaving.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺