Email Us!

Hogwarts RPG

Students: 9872
Classes: 15
Professors: 12

View Points

Members

There are 702 users online including...
Kimothy , Stevendalo , EddiePab , Ronaldsnut , love-for-HP , Austinwals , Monaldknity , Alexrut , JoyceZoors

10 members
692 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 57: January - April 2021

Term 57: January - April 2021 Term Fifty-Seven: The Third Wizarding War (Sept 2103 - June 2104)

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 12-04-2019, 05:39 AM

Default Office of Professor Schmoe

If one were to walk a few paces to the right of the class bulletin board, they'd find an actual office, where Professor Schmoe resides (sort of)! It's far more comfortable and spacious than the repurposed broom closet he had at Beauxbatons, don't you think? Ah, the sweet joy of being the only school in your school.

Once you've been welcomed in, you'll notice that you can actually stretch your arms out to their full stretch capacity. So go on, give yourself a nice stretch! Professor Schmoe encourages it. Good for the joints.

Your professor has a simple, wooden desk (from, you guessed it, IKEA!) at one end of the room. On top of the desk, there is always a pile of books, papers, a framed photo of Alina, and random muggle gadgets 'n gizmos. Puzzles! Rubik cubes! Fidget spinners! Forks (in case he is having office dinner)! He sure loves his things. Behind his desk, there is a HUGE bookshelf. With BOOKS. Lots and lots of BOOKS! In front of his desk, are two beanbag chairs for you to sit in. Careful, they slump down more than you'd think. And finally, on the wall near all of the strange (vintage!) (muggle!) band posters (re: backstreet boys, one direction, NSYNC, BTS), there is a moving cat-clock, whose ticking echoes quite loudly.

If you'd fancy a chat, just knock on the door!

OOC: Hihi, there's no separate thread for a waiting area, so just start here. You can assume that his door is locked because that's what a responsible professor would do.
Old 01-23-2021, 10:05 PM   #26 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Finneas listened silently, trying to keep his own composure as to not increase any of Violet's worries. ... As for her question, however, he paused thoughtfully before nodding his head. "The mirrors were likely broken for the same reason," he began. "A two-way mirror poses a larger threat in terms of communication than an owl does."
Two-way mirrors?!! There was such a thing as a two-way mirror??! Why had Violet not known about this??!? She started to ask Professor Schmoe all about them, but was halted by his next comment.

Quote:

"They are likely covering all of their bases, Ms. Blackthorne. Leaving no stone unturned." It was an unsettling thought. Finneas had spent countless nights trying to come up with alternative means of contacting the outside world.
This was sobering--the intruders did seem to have things all planned out. Violet couldn't understand why her grandfather hadn't descended on the school in an angry tirade because his granddaughter hadn't reported home after the first month as ordered. But maybe this "alliance" or whatever they were had planned for that. Who knows what they had told people on the outside? But surely Miss Howard would notice things were odd--she was much less easily fooled than Violet's family.

And what had happened to her magpie, Machiavelli? She could only hope that he had managed to get away when the dorms were ransacked (it was better to think that than the alternative--that these merciless people had hurt him). Maybe Mack had flown back to Miss Howard, and maybe she was now investigating. Violet sincerely hoped so, because she hadn't been able to come up with any plan to do anything that didn't end up with people getting hurt (particularly herself!)

Violet looked back at Professor Schmoe. "Actually, the reason I came here today was because I was worried about you. You haven't been looking so good lately. I guess...well, maybe being the Muggle Studies teacher and seeing as how these people really don't like anything Muggle...well, maybe they were taking it out on you. I had made you a Strengthening Solution and I was going to give it to you--I'm really good at potions, I've made that lots of times at home. But I showed it to Professor Shreya, you know, to make sure it was all right and all, and she said the school had rules against giving other people potions without going through the Healer. I didn't like to tell her who it was for, because I know you don't like your privacy being invaded and all, so I'm not able to give it to you, or we'd get in trouble. But I really think you ought to go to the Healer yourself and see if she can give you something. To keep your strength up, you know? Because we've all got to be ready." Violet really hoped Schmoe would do that, because he hadn't been looking well at all since the beginning of school.

Actually, looking at Schmoe up close made Violet fantasize about poisoning the entire bunch of Neo-Alliance members.
Old 01-25-2021, 06:13 PM   #27 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

Quote:
Finneas winced slightly, but otherwise remained quiet as Minjae carried on. He could sense the boy's anger and, well, it was justified. Finneas felt similarly too. Though, er, he had to keep it within. Conceal don't feel, as they say. And though Schmoe did not voice his agreement, he did smile just a bit when Minjae referred to the alliance as 'a bunch of cowards on a power trip'. Not confirming or denying... But most definitely not denying.

Heh.

Anyway, ANYWAY, AnYwAy.

"Though we cannot know for certain what they have planned..." Finneas began. "People will start talking on the outside, Mr. Yoon. I believe we will have help very soon." History had a way of repeating itself. Though they may not have owls or other means of communication, the alliance's agenda would surely reveal itself soon enough. That was not something Finneas doubted in the least.

He then turned to pour two cups of tea, adding a splash of milk to each, only turning to look at the Hufflepuff and offer him a small smile. "Errr... I'm, er, I'm alright, Mr. Yoon." This was a bit of an understatement considering his entire body was still sore and in a great deal of pain, but err... There were some things that did not need to be mentioned. When he turned back around, he had two mugs in his hand and a little tray followed behind him carrying honey, sugar, biscuits, and spoons with it. "Yes, of course," he assured the seventh year, setting his own mug on his desk before offering him the other.
[/COLOR]
What they had planned…

He thought back to what the ‘headmaster’ had said during the feast. From what he could remember, they wanted people to join the Alliance. Which made no sense to him why they were here because who wanted a group of angsty rebellious kids? There HAD to be something else and he was scared to find out ”Whatever their endgame is, it can not be pleasant” he said surprisingly calmer now . These bursts of emotions were draining him already. ”I’ll try to remember to stay calm when they’re around” it would be difficult though. ”Anyway, I think i’m done feeling my feels for now” or a lifetime. FEELINGS.

The thought that someone out there must have noticed something made him feel a bit more comfortable. He knew his own parents would send several howlers asking why he wasn’t writing back, if they knew how to make them. ”I hope you’re right, sir” he said with a sigh and then chuckled . ”And to think i was fussing over my NEWT exams a few days ago”

He didn’t seem alright though… Minjae took the mug and held it in his hands, feeling the heat warm them up. ”Right… okay” he said slowly as he grabbed the honey and added it to his tea. ”If you’re alright then i’m Queen Cleopatra” He only bared his soul just now but

WHAT.EV.ER.

”Do you think they’ll allow us to go to Hogsmead?” he asked as he blew on the tea before taking a sip. ”Cause I’m turning seventeen soon and i--" really want to have a bottle of firewhiskey. "had planned to celebrate it there" phew good safe!

”So…” he stopped for a moment, wondering how to ask this favor. ”I have a little brother, his name is Daniel.” he began, placing the mug on the tray. ”He’s starting at Hogwarts next year but I’ll be graduating soon, if i don’t die” he added dismissively, like it was a joke. ”Which means i can’t keep an eye on him. I was wondering if you could…i don’t know… do that for me? ” he asked ”I know he has trouble trusting people and even though he’s almost eleven i am still his only friend. I’m just…. concerned about him” he added quietly. ”This isn’t a weird request right? I’m not prying in to his life right?! i’m also not bothering you with this , right? I just thought, you know, i don’t know” he huffed and slumped down lower in the beanbag chair.
Old 01-27-2021, 07:06 AM   #28 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Laini Gracae-Ryans
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

SPOILER!!: Violet; omg such a sweetheart
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
Two-way mirrors?!! There was such a thing as a two-way mirror??! Why had Violet not known about this??!? She started to ask Professor Schmoe all about them, but was halted by his next comment.

This was sobering--the intruders did seem to have things all planned out. Violet couldn't understand why her grandfather hadn't descended on the school in an angry tirade because his granddaughter hadn't reported home after the first month as ordered. But maybe this "alliance" or whatever they were had planned for that. Who knows what they had told people on the outside? But surely Miss Howard would notice things were odd--she was much less easily fooled than Violet's family.

And what had happened to her magpie, Machiavelli? She could only hope that he had managed to get away when the dorms were ransacked (it was better to think that than the alternative--that these merciless people had hurt him). Maybe Mack had flown back to Miss Howard, and maybe she was now investigating. Violet sincerely hoped so, because she hadn't been able to come up with any plan to do anything that didn't end up with people getting hurt (particularly herself!)

Violet looked back at Professor Schmoe. "Actually, the reason I came here today was because I was worried about you. You haven't been looking so good lately. I guess...well, maybe being the Muggle Studies teacher and seeing as how these people really don't like anything Muggle...well, maybe they were taking it out on you. I had made you a Strengthening Solution and I was going to give it to you--I'm really good at potions, I've made that lots of times at home. But I showed it to Professor Shreya, you know, to make sure it was all right and all, and she said the school had rules against giving other people potions without going through the Healer. I didn't like to tell her who it was for, because I know you don't like your privacy being invaded and all, so I'm not able to give it to you, or we'd get in trouble. But I really think you ought to go to the Healer yourself and see if she can give you something. To keep your strength up, you know? Because we've all got to be ready." Violet really hoped Schmoe would do that, because he hadn't been looking well at all since the beginning of school.

Actually, looking at Schmoe up close made Violet fantasize about poisoning the entire bunch of Neo-Alliance members.

Finneas was touched. These students were tugging at his heartstrings left and right. Finneas wasn't a crier, but if he were this would be one of those times he would've shed a tear. But alas. AnYwAy. He did give the young Slytherin an appreciative smile. "That is, er, that is very kind of you, Ms. Blackthorne." Really. He was schmoe very touched. "I er, I assure you... You need not worry about me." He didn't want students to do this on top of worrying for their own well being. There were better things to worry about. "I'll be alright. We, er, we will all be alright." He hoped he wasn't jinxing it.

SPOILER!!: Minjae uwu
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
What they had planned…

He thought back to what the ‘headmaster’ had said during the feast. From what he could remember, they wanted people to join the Alliance. Which made no sense to him why they were here because who wanted a group of angsty rebellious kids? There HAD to be something else and he was scared to find out ”Whatever their endgame is, it can not be pleasant” he said surprisingly calmer now . These bursts of emotions were draining him already. ”I’ll try to remember to stay calm when they’re around” it would be difficult though. ”Anyway, I think i’m done feeling my feels for now” or a lifetime. FEELINGS.

The thought that someone out there must have noticed something made him feel a bit more comfortable. He knew his own parents would send several howlers asking why he wasn’t writing back, if they knew how to make them. ”I hope you’re right, sir” he said with a sigh and then chuckled . ”And to think i was fussing over my NEWT exams a few days ago”

He didn’t seem alright though… Minjae took the mug and held it in his hands, feeling the heat warm them up. ”Right… okay” he said slowly as he grabbed the honey and added it to his tea. ”If you’re alright then i’m Queen Cleopatra” He only bared his soul just now but

WHAT.EV.ER.

”Do you think they’ll allow us to go to Hogsmead?” he asked as he blew on the tea before taking a sip. ”Cause I’m turning seventeen soon and i--" really want to have a bottle of firewhiskey. "had planned to celebrate it there" phew good safe!

”So…” he stopped for a moment, wondering how to ask this favor. ”I have a little brother, his name is Daniel.” he began, placing the mug on the tray. ”He’s starting at Hogwarts next year but I’ll be graduating soon, if i don’t die” he added dismissively, like it was a joke. ”Which means i can’t keep an eye on him. I was wondering if you could…i don’t know… do that for me? ” he asked ”I know he has trouble trusting people and even though he’s almost eleven i am still his only friend. I’m just…. concerned about him” he added quietly. ”This isn’t a weird request right? I’m not prying in to his life right?! i’m also not bothering you with this , right? I just thought, you know, i don’t know” he huffed and slumped down lower in the beanbag chair.

Finneas nodded sadly. It would, indeed, not be pleasant. He wasn't certain of much these days, but that he was very sure of. Because he did not want to cause any further alarm, however, Finneas kept his other thoughts to himself in regard to this matter. "Yes, that would be for the best." Staying calm, that is. Finneas had seen what these people were capable of. First hand.

"Me too, Minjae. Me too." He nodded slowly. "It does put things into perspective..." Like his fight with Alina. He had wished he had left on better terms, but er.... Here they were. Stuck and without any way to apologize to her. It made looking at her picture in his office terribly difficult. The guilt (TM).

............. Er. "Heh. That would be... yes. Quite a sight." Queen Cleopatra. Heh. Uh. Er. Yeah.

As for Hogsmeade......................................... ................ "I, er, I would not... count on it, Mr. Yoon... Perhaps a small gathering in your Common Room?" It was a terrible alternative when what you were looking or was a nice weekend outing, but... There was only so much they could do here.

He settled back into his seat, slightly worried in anticipation of what this favor may be. Only to be pleasantly surprised. "No, no, no, this is er, a perfectly valid concern. You are a good brother to be watchful. And, er, I assure you, Minjae, that I will do whatever I can to keep an eye on Daniel." Assuming there would be a next year. Heh. Perhaps Finneas could summon Daniel for a visit and provide tea and biscuits. That seemed nice. Finneas usually preferred to keep to himself, but he had also (as more recent developments) grown so fond of his students that he would never turn away the opportunity to speak to them one on one. Unless they were Nemesis Upstead, in which case. er. AnYwAy. Finneas knew what it was like not to have friends. In fact, he hardly had any in grade school. So, er, yes. "I am sure he will find his footing here. Hogwarts has a way of helping us grow."

You are Lemon!
Old 01-27-2021, 10:55 PM   #29 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

SPOILER!!: oh gosh , Daniel would absolutely HATE having to pay a visit and eat cookies XD

Quote:
Finneas nodded sadly. It would, indeed, not be pleasant. He wasn't certain of much these days, but that he was very sure of. Because he did not want to cause any further alarm, however, Finneas kept his other thoughts to himself in regard to this matter. "Yes, that would be for the best." Staying calm, that is. Finneas had seen what these people were capable of. First hand.

"Me too, Minjae. Me too." He nodded slowly. "It does put things into perspective..." Like his fight with Alina. He had wished he had left on better terms, but er.... Here they were. Stuck and without any way to apologize to her. It made looking at her picture in his office terribly difficult. The guilt (TM).

............. Er. "Heh. That would be... yes. Quite a sight." Queen Cleopatra. Heh. Uh. Er. Yeah.

As for Hogsmeade......................................... ................ "I, er, I would not... count on it, Mr. Yoon... Perhaps a small gathering in your Common Room?" It was a terrible alternative when what you were looking or was a nice weekend outing, but... There was only so much they could do here.

He settled back into his seat, slightly worried in anticipation of what this favor may be. Only to be pleasantly surprised. "No, no, no, this is er, a perfectly valid concern. You are a good brother to be watchful. And, er, I assure you, Minjae, that I will do whatever I can to keep an eye on Daniel." Assuming there would be a next year. Heh. Perhaps Finneas could summon Daniel for a visit and provide tea and biscuits. That seemed nice. Finneas usually preferred to keep to himself, but he had also (as more recent developments) grown so fond of his students that he would never turn away the opportunity to speak to them one on one. Unless they were Nemesis Upstead, in which case. er. AnYwAy. Finneas knew what it was like not to have friends. In fact, he hardly had any in grade school. So, er, yes. "I am sure he will find his footing here. Hogwarts has a way of helping us grow."

”But what should i do if they come after me one day?” he asked. Keeping calm around them was futile when their big boss decided to give the order to kill all the muggleborns. ”Do i fight back? Defend myself? or do i run? and if i run where can i go?” Maybe he froze out of sheer fear, he had never been in a situation like this before. At home, his father’s bodyguards would always protect him but they weren’t here T____T

Had he just called him by his first name? Minjae raised an eyebrow ever so slightly because this had to be the first time in seven years.

Wow, either his sarcasm had been so on point or the Professor had not catch up with it because that had totally been his cue to admit that he was not fine. And adults say that THEY were stubborn. ”Yes, i agree” he said seriously, folding his arms across his chest and nodded his head . What? He’d totally rock having a crown. He didn’t know if Queen Cleopatra even had a crown but whatever.

Ah , he was back to Mr.Yoon again. He took another sip from his tea. He had never planned to throw a big party at Hogsmeade for his birthday though. He just wanted to try a glass of fire whiskey. But a small gathering in the common room didn’t sound that bad….there was one tiny problem ”Most of my friends are from the other Houses though” he sighed. ”I’ll figure something out”

The Professor had no idea how much the compliment of him being a good brother had meant to him. But it was huge. Not only had his ears turned a bright red color once again but his face as well and he wiggled his legs because he felt both proud and not sure on how to react. As the oldest brother, he always thought it was his responsibility to look after Daniel when his parents weren’t home.Sure, they had the staff to keep them company but that just wasn’t the same. ”Thank you for wanting to keep an eye on him, sir. I thought that since he’s also a Muggleborn it would be easier for him to trust someone who knows about Muggles, you know? ” he said after a while . ”I hope he can enroll here though. He was very jealous of me when he found out i went to Hogwarts but if that nutcase and his goons—I MEAN-- Headmaster Rosier and his followers are still here …i don’t think i even want him to go…” no matter how he wanted to .

”Ugh, I hate calling him Headmaster” it felt disgusting and it didn’t fit him at all. ”Do you think Headmaster Trent is still alive, though?” he asked , he had no trouble calling Trent a Headmaster.
Old 01-28-2021, 09:44 PM   #30 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
He did give the young Slytherin an appreciative smile. "That is, er, that is very kind of you, Ms. Blackthorne." Really. He was schmoe very touched. "I er, I assure you... You need not worry about me." He didn't want students to do this on top of worrying for their own well being. There were better things to worry about. "I'll be alright. We, er, we will all be alright." He hoped he wasn't jinxing it.
Violet smiled back in what she hoped was a reassuring manner. She'd like to think Schmoe was correct in saying everything would be all right, but in her experience, sometimes things weren't.

She decided she might as well go and let the professor get back to whatever he did in his office, seeing as how she couldn't do any good here. She hoped Schmoe would take her advice and see the Healer. She was tempted to slip the Strengthening Solution out of her pocket and leave it on his desk when he wasn't looking; maybe he'd find it and take it later. But no, that would probably get him in trouble, so she left it in her pocket. She'd keep it, though--someone would be needing a potion this term, she was sure of it. And next time, she wouldn't ask permission.

"Uh, well, I guess I should go now and let you get back to work. Goodbye, Professor," she said, turning to go. Suddenly she turned back and came close to Schmoe. "I just want you to know something," she went on, speaking in a low, intense voice. "I know last term I was asking you about Muggles, if there were any good ones. Well, I wanted you to know that now I think there are. I don't think Muggles are bad any more, because that's what these people who've taken over our school keep saying. And if that's what they think, well, then I think just the opposite!"

And with that, Violet turned around and hurried out the door.
Old 01-29-2021, 09:12 PM   #31 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default henlo this is overdue ;______;
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
In any other circumstance, Finneas might have stopped to praise the attentive listening. Or perhaps, he simply would have given it more thought. Unfortunately, however, at the moment this was the last thing he was paying attention to. "Your safety, and the other students, that is our first priority as members of staff, Bernadette."

Finneas rubbed his face, leaning back in his chair. The first thing he would do once this was all over was pay for a good massage. Assuming this would be over, eventually, of course.

He had to admire her chutzpah though. Had he known this was coming, he would've predicted that Bernadette would be leading the counter-revolution from the inside. It was a thought that brought him great pride as well as immense worry. He hoped she understood that they had to stay put for the time being. The alliance seemed to leave them alone if they cooperated. That much was enough for now, even if only as a way to stall time.

But again, it was still only the second day and Finneas still had some hope. Very little (as the majority had been crucioed out of him), but still some. "And err, we might be outnumbered, but that won't stop us from trying. Hogwarts has seen worse days." He offered her a small, encouraging smile.
Okay, yes, safety was great and all that, but, "What about your second priority, sir?" she asked eagerly quietly, still nearly falling off the beanbag, still wondering what the heck was going on behind the scenes, still (at this point) believing in the abilities of her teachers here at Hogwarts. As is true of most teenagers, she didn't fully understand the severity of the situation and of what was happening behind closed doors. She could guess but she'd only be touching the tip of the iceberg, she was sure.

Anyway, that answer gave her a little bit of hope, they'd keep trying and whatnot, but... she wanted something more tangible in the form of hope, on account of it being a thing with feathers and all that. She wanted to KNOW what was up, and if she could help??!?

Back to Schmoe. "I suppose I already know the answer to this," Bernie sighed, looking world-weary again, "but I suppose my being your teaching assistant is out of the question this year?"

Supposed it was good to check.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind
Old 01-30-2021, 04:16 AM   #32 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Laini Gracae-Ryans
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

SPOILER!!: LOL, noted. no tea party for daniel
Quote:
”But what should i do if they come after me one day?” he asked. Keeping calm around them was futile when their big boss decided to give the order to kill all the muggleborns. ”Do i fight back? Defend myself? or do i run? and if i run where can i go?” Maybe he froze out of sheer fear, he had never been in a situation like this before. At home, his father’s bodyguards would always protect him but they weren’t here T____T

Had he just called him by his first name? Minjae raised an eyebrow ever so slightly because this had to be the first time in seven years.

Wow, either his sarcasm had been so on point or the Professor had not catch up with it because that had totally been his cue to admit that he was not fine. And adults say that THEY were stubborn. ”Yes, i agree” he said seriously, folding his arms across his chest and nodded his head . What? He’d totally rock having a crown. He didn’t know if Queen Cleopatra even had a crown but whatever.

Ah , he was back to Mr.Yoon again. He took another sip from his tea. He had never planned to throw a big party at Hogsmeade for his birthday though. He just wanted to try a glass of fire whiskey. But a small gathering in the common room didn’t sound that bad….there was one tiny problem ”Most of my friends are from the other Houses though” he sighed. ”I’ll figure something out”

The Professor had no idea how much the compliment of him being a good brother had meant to him. But it was huge. Not only had his ears turned a bright red color once again but his face as well and he wiggled his legs because he felt both proud and not sure on how to react. As the oldest brother, he always thought it was his responsibility to look after Daniel when his parents weren’t home.Sure, they had the staff to keep them company but that just wasn’t the same. ”Thank you for wanting to keep an eye on him, sir. I thought that since he’s also a Muggleborn it would be easier for him to trust someone who knows about Muggles, you know? ” he said after a while . ”I hope he can enroll here though. He was very jealous of me when he found out i went to Hogwarts but if that nutcase and his goons—I MEAN-- Headmaster Rosier and his followers are still here …i don’t think i even want him to go…” no matter how he wanted to .

”Ugh, I hate calling him Headmaster” it felt disgusting and it didn’t fit him at all. ”Do you think Headmaster Trent is still alive, though?” he asked , he had no trouble calling Trent a Headmaster.

It was clear that there was a lot of fear behind the young Hufflepuff's questions. Finneas could not blame him, for he too was very afraid. The saddest AnYwAy, anyway, ANYWAY, yet. "From what I understand... They won't be coming after you, it's those without magic that they take issue with." Not that this was anymore comforting. Not when his family was--Well. You know. Finneas rubbed his face.

For a moment he did consider offering up his own office for Minjae's birthday gathering, though err.. Though he wasn't sure that would be entirely wise. He didn't want any trouble following these kids. Their safety was the most important thing in Finneas' eyes, so he simply nodded.

"I do not like it anymore than you do," he agreed with Hufflepuff. In fact, Rosier taking the same station as Malachi made Finneas' feel ill. "I do. And when Rosier and his alliance are taken out of power," when not if, "I'm sure Headmaster Trent will be back and your brother will be welcome to Hogwarts with open arms." Hope was the only thing they had left, you know? Finneas couldn't ruin that for them. They had to believe.

SPOILER!!: Violet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
Violet smiled back in what she hoped was a reassuring manner. She'd like to think Schmoe was correct in saying everything would be all right, but in her experience, sometimes things weren't.

She decided she might as well go and let the professor get back to whatever he did in his office, seeing as how she couldn't do any good here. She hoped Schmoe would take her advice and see the Healer. She was tempted to slip the Strengthening Solution out of her pocket and leave it on his desk when he wasn't looking; maybe he'd find it and take it later. But no, that would probably get him in trouble, so she left it in her pocket. She'd keep it, though--someone would be needing a potion this term, she was sure of it. And next time, she wouldn't ask permission.

"Uh, well, I guess I should go now and let you get back to work. Goodbye, Professor," she said, turning to go. Suddenly she turned back and came close to Schmoe. "I just want you to know something," she went on, speaking in a low, intense voice. "I know last term I was asking you about Muggles, if there were any good ones. Well, I wanted you to know that now I think there are. I don't think Muggles are bad any more, because that's what these people who've taken over our school keep saying. And if that's what they think, well, then I think just the opposite!"

And with that, Violet turned around and hurried out the door.

Finneas appreciated her concern, he really did. It warmed his little awkward heart tenfold. Made him feel all sorts of love for his students. Blackthorne was among the few that he was most worried about when the new curriculum had been given to him. It was his duty to keep them safe and yet here they were, wanting to keep him safe. All his insides felt melty. He loved these kids, he really did.

"I--" Finneas didn't know what to say. He didn't have the sufficient words to express how proud he was. To express how powerful these words were. Instead, he opted for a smile. A genuine smile. One that broke through the pain. The type of smile he hadn't worn even once this term. "The world needs people like you. You bring me much hope, Ms. Blackthorne." Even if things were worse for wear at the moment, with students such as these, Finneas had hope for humanity.

They were going to be just alright.

SPOILER!!: no such thing as overdue in this household!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
Okay, yes, safety was great and all that, but, "What about your second priority, sir?" she asked eagerly quietly, still nearly falling off the beanbag, still wondering what the heck was going on behind the scenes, still (at this point) believing in the abilities of her teachers here at Hogwarts. As is true of most teenagers, she didn't fully understand the severity of the situation and of what was happening behind closed doors. She could guess but she'd only be touching the tip of the iceberg, she was sure.

Anyway, that answer gave her a little bit of hope, they'd keep trying and whatnot, but... she wanted something more tangible in the form of hope, on account of it being a thing with feathers and all that. She wanted to KNOW what was up, and if she could help??!?

Back to Schmoe. "I suppose I already know the answer to this," Bernie sighed, looking world-weary again, "but I suppose my being your teaching assistant is out of the question this year?"

Supposed it was good to check.

The, er, second priority? Well, Finneas hadn't gotten quite that far yet, truth be told. There would be time to work on that soon, hopefully. If students managed to keep themselves safe and out of trouble, of course. Despite having gone through all the precautionary spells before having even sat as his desk, Finneas still looked around nervously before leaning in. "Err... To find a way to get us out of this... er... predicament." Whether that was an escape route or complete overthrow of the new regime.... Was to be determined.

Yes, well, Finneas wanted more tangible hope too. But unfortunately, sometimes there is little one can do and you must take what you can get. Alas. AnYwAy.

He looked back up with tired eyes. How many times had Finneas tried to tell Bernadette that she was not his teaching assistant? How many? Very many. That's how many. For years he had been trying. But unfortunately, the noodleman made a good doormat and here they were five years later. A tale as old as time. Besides, it wasn't harming anyone. Not yet, anyway. But er... Things were different this year, he supposed. So with a heavy heart, he nodded slowly. "I'm, er, I'm afraid it would draw too much attention. And er, I suppose you also realize that our class, it will be....... different this year." It made him schmoe sad. The schmadest. He wanted to apologize for it preemptively.

You are Lemon!
Old 01-30-2021, 04:51 AM   #33 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default this is the schmoest postest i ever did write / heavily influenced by an AriFerrari
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

SPOILER!!: can u tell my library that like when they tried to take Ove away from me how dare
Quote:
The, er, second priority? Well, Finneas hadn't gotten quite that far yet, truth be told. There would be time to work on that soon, hopefully. If students managed to keep themselves safe and out of trouble, of course. Despite having gone through all the precautionary spells before having even sat as his desk, Finneas still looked around nervously before leaning in. "Err... To find a way to get us out of this... er... predicament." Whether that was an escape route or complete overthrow of the new regime.... Was to be determined.

Yes, well, Finneas wanted more tangible hope too. But unfortunately, sometimes there is little one can do and you must take what you can get. Alas. AnYwAy.

He looked back up with tired eyes. How many times had Finneas tried to tell Bernadette that she was not his teaching assistant? How many? Very many. That's how many. For years he had been trying. But unfortunately, the noodleman made a good doormat and here they were five years later. A tale as old as time. Besides, it wasn't harming anyone. Not yet, anyway. But er... Things were different this year, he supposed. So with a heavy heart, he nodded slowly. "I'm, er, I'm afraid it would draw too much attention. And er, I suppose you also realize that our class, it will be....... different this year." It made him schmoe sad. The schmadest. He wanted to apologize for it preemptively.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!! size 5 exclamation points!!!!!!!

She KNEW IT! She KNEW SHE COULD COUNT ON SCHMOE! Her best friend, apparently FAVORITE PROFESSOR IN THE WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD.

She didn't even know what to say, because this had given her so much ding-dang hope. She wiggled in her beanbag as she sat back. "I knew I could count on you, sir," was all she had to say, trying (and failing) to fight the smile (grin, really) working its way on her face. "I mean, mum's the word." Bernie pressed a finger to her lips and all that and wouldn't say much else on it.

Because, y'know, now she was being fired. Again. But for reals this time.

She swallowed down her tears, the usual ones that came with a firing, and nodded solemnly. "I understand." Wow, again, Bernadette was showing so much growth and maturity and it had only taken her five years. She was almost more sad about the... wait, what?

"The class?" Bernie blinked once, twice, thrice. "What, uhhhhhhh, is changing? Schmoe?" Her voice went a little higher. "It's still Muggle Studies, right? With the puns and the jokes and the mememes?" Why did that worry her so much?

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind
Old 01-31-2021, 01:00 AM   #34 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2

Quote:
It was clear that there was a lot of fear behind the young Hufflepuff's questions. Finneas could not blame him, for he too was very afraid. The saddest AnYwAy, anyway, ANYWAY, yet. "From what I understand... They won't be coming after you, it's those without magic that they take issue with." Not that this was anymore comforting. Not when his family was--Well. You know. Finneas rubbed his face.

For a moment he did consider offering up his own office for Minjae's birthday gathering, though err.. Though he wasn't sure that would be entirely wise. He didn't want any trouble following these kids. Their safety was the most important thing in Finneas' eyes, so he simply nodded.

"I do not like it anymore than you do," he agreed with Hufflepuff. In fact, Rosier taking the same station as Malachi made Finneas' feel ill. "I do. And when Rosier and his alliance are taken out of power," when not if, "I'm sure Headmaster Trent will be back and your brother will be welcome to Hogwarts with open arms." Hope was the only thing they had left, you know? Finneas couldn't ruin that for them. They had to believe.
”That….that didn’t make me feel any better , you know” If they truly only went after the ones without magic then his family was a target. Had that been why they had to fill out that form during the feast? ”i should have lied back then...” he mumbled to himself , biting his finger nails nervously before realizing what he was doing and quickly lowered his hand. He cared about his own safety of course but he cared about the safety of others too. Sometimes even more.

The Hufflepuff was glad to know that even Schmoe did not like to call Rosier as headmaster. He wasn’t surprised though, if there was one staff member who would dislike this whole new regime it would him. ”i hope you’re right, sir” he answered sadly to both statements and looked down at his empty mug. He stood up from the beanbag with a bit of difficulty cause Merlin’s Beard did he hate those things , and placed the mug on the desk. ”Thanks for the tea” though he actually meant for the listening ear but he felt too awkward to say that. ”I’ll get going now and let you rest cause you look really tired, Professor.” He said guiltily. ”Sorry for making a scene earlier” He wasn’t though. He had meant everything he had said. ”I have one small question . I feel terrible for what we did to the lounge. Is it okay if i try to clean it up a bit? I mean, even someone like Rosier can’t be THAT evil to stop someone from cleaning up a mess , right?” he wouldn't be surprised though if he was .

He walked over to the door but stopped halfway and turned his head to look back. ”Errr….those protective spells earlier…they aren’t going to zap me or something when i open the door right?” ….just asking.
Old 02-01-2021, 03:57 AM   #35 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Laini Gracae-Ryans
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

SPOILER!!: writing them a strongly worded email as we speak!!!
Quote:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!! size 5 exclamation points!!!!!!!

She KNEW IT! She KNEW SHE COULD COUNT ON SCHMOE! Her best friend, apparently FAVORITE PROFESSOR IN THE WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD.

She didn't even know what to say, because this had given her so much ding-dang hope. She wiggled in her beanbag as she sat back. "I knew I could count on you, sir," was all she had to say, trying (and failing) to fight the smile (grin, really) working its way on her face. "I mean, mum's the word." Bernie pressed a finger to her lips and all that and wouldn't say much else on it.

Because, y'know, now she was being fired. Again. But for reals this time.

She swallowed down her tears, the usual ones that came with a firing, and nodded solemnly. "I understand." Wow, again, Bernadette was showing so much growth and maturity and it had only taken her five years. She was almost more sad about the... wait, what?

"The class?" Bernie blinked once, twice, thrice. "What, uhhhhhhh, is changing? Schmoe?" Her voice went a little higher. "It's still Muggle Studies, right? With the puns and the jokes and the mememes?" Why did that worry her so much?

The restored hope in Bernadette's voice was promising and he hoped that perhaps she would be able to instill some hope in her peers. Hope was all they could control at the moment. AnYwAy. "This is very serious, Ms. Grantham. This conversation cannot, er, cannot leave this room." Not in any way, shape, or form. He tried to give her a serious look to convey just how much he meant it. She knew this right? If any of this were to be repeated outside of this office, they would both be in serious trouble.

AnYwAy.

Finneas did worry that there would be more tears. Just as there had all the last hundred times that he had tried firing Ms. Grantham from this imaginary post. But there weren't tears and all in all, it was a very pleasant surprise. Who knew a problematic cult was all it would take? Huh. HUH. Who knew?

But as for the next point of concern........... Yes. It was a conversation that he knew they were bound to have. Though how he were to justify it was, er, it was not yet something he had considered. Perhaps he was jumping ahead of himself here. "I-" he started, falling a bit flat. "It's, er, the changes are... The new alliance, they don't errr. We don't see eye to eye. They errr... They don't like muggles, you know? They don't like people like us, who errrr... Like to encourage others of their validity. They, er, it's-" Was he about to WEEP? He paused, rubbing his face and trying to collect himself.

SPOILER!!: Minjae
Quote:
”That….that didn’t make me feel any better , you know” If they truly only went after the ones without magic then his family was a target. Had that been why they had to fill out that form during the feast? ”i should have lied back then...” he mumbled to himself , biting his finger nails nervously before realizing what he was doing and quickly lowered his hand. He cared about his own safety of course but he cared about the safety of others too. Sometimes even more.

The Hufflepuff was glad to know that even Schmoe did not like to call Rosier as headmaster. He wasn’t surprised though, if there was one staff member who would dislike this whole new regime it would him. ”i hope you’re right, sir” he answered sadly to both statements and looked down at his empty mug. He stood up from the beanbag with a bit of difficulty cause Merlin’s Beard did he hate those things , and placed the mug on the desk. ”Thanks for the tea” though he actually meant for the listening ear but he felt too awkward to say that. ”I’ll get going now and let you rest cause you look really tired, Professor.” He said guiltily. ”Sorry for making a scene earlier” He wasn’t though. He had meant everything he had said. ”I have one small question . I feel terrible for what we did to the lounge. Is it okay if i try to clean it up a bit? I mean, even someone like Rosier can’t be THAT evil to stop someone from cleaning up a mess , right?” he wouldn't be surprised though if he was .

He walked over to the door but stopped halfway and turned his head to look back. ”Errr….those protective spells earlier…they aren’t going to zap me or something when i open the door right?” ….just asking.

......... Well. His bedside manners were always terrible. We been knew. He simply offered an uncomfortable look to the Hufflepuff. If only there were more Finneas could say. "Lying won't help. They errrrr, they have people everywhere." This was also a subtle warning. Constant vigilance. They needed some of that.

"I hope so too," he nodded slowly and sadly. It was a tough year to be a Muggle Studies professor around these parts. He tipped his head, offering the seventh year a gracious smile. There was no need for thank yous, but he appreciated it all the same. "You are welcome in my office anytime, Mr. Yoon. There is always a place for you here." Not just in the office. But in their world. He hoped that Minjae knew this.

As for the question, Finneas paused in thought for a moment or two. "I do not believe that should be a problem at all." There was nothing wrong with cleaning the space, as far as Finneas was aware. "If you find yourself in trouble, you can always pin it on me." He was sincere in saying this, by the way.

As for the protective spells? Finneas flicked his wand at the door. "No, you are good to go. I will, er, I will see you in class."

You are Lemon!
Old 02-02-2021, 01:34 AM   #36 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2

The thought that someone might be keeping an eye on his family made him feel absolutely terrified especially since he had no way of warning them. But even if he could warn them, how would they be able to go against witches and wizards? He clenched his fist again but remembered Schmoe's words and calmed himself down.

He was glad that the professor had agreed to his offer of cleaning up the Lounge as best as he could. Cleaning had always been his distraction when something was wrong. On any normal day he would hate it but when he felt troubled he appreciated the work. It kept his mind off of things even if it was for a short moment. He already knew he wasn't going to pin it on the professor should he get in trouble but he still nodded his head. "I don't think i need to , i'm sure they have better things to do" he chuckled. " but i'll keep it in mind."

There was always a place for him here?

Oh no , Why had he said that?. "Thanks, sir. I'll remember" he said as his voice cracked and his eyes started to tear up. He was NOT going to cry though. Nope. He refused to let them fall. It would be far too embarrassing if he cried now!

What he did do was abruptly turning back around and he walked to the door and opened it up. "Yeah..." he answered sadly at the doorway, looking down ." See you in class, Professor" he was not looking forward to it.
Old 02-04-2021, 03:03 AM   #37 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default schmoe can stop breaking our hearts ANYTIME ;____________;

Quote:
The restored hope in Bernadette's voice was promising and he hoped that perhaps she would be able to instill some hope in her peers. Hope was all they could control at the moment. AnYwAy. "This is very serious, Ms. Grantham. This conversation cannot, er, cannot leave this room." Not in any way, shape, or form. He tried to give her a serious look to convey just how much he meant it. She knew this right? If any of this were to be repeated outside of this office, they would both be in serious trouble.

AnYwAy.

Finneas did worry that there would be more tears. Just as there had all the last hundred times that he had tried firing Ms. Grantham from this imaginary post. But there weren't tears and all in all, it was a very pleasant surprise. Who knew a problematic cult was all it would take? Huh. HUH. Who knew?

But as for the next point of concern........... Yes. It was a conversation that he knew they were bound to have. Though how he were to justify it was, er, it was not yet something he had considered. Perhaps he was jumping ahead of himself here. "I-" he started, falling a bit flat. "It's, er, the changes are... The new alliance, they don't errr. We don't see eye to eye. They errr... They don't like muggles, you know? They don't like people like us, who errrr... Like to encourage others of their validity. They, er, it's-" Was he about to WEEP? He paused, rubbing his face and trying to collect himself.
Of COURSE this would STAY IN THIS ROOM! Bernadette could be trusted with some stuff, she could. Well, there had been that time when she'd implied that Schmoe was dating his own sister in the middle of class (and she still wasn't entirely sure he wasn't?) and also there had been that time when she'd declared herself his Assistant Professor Teaching Assistant and bragged about it to everyone and also, oh yeah, that time when----

But, not to digress.

"I'm sure I can always pick up teaching assistanting er, next year, or maybe the one after that, or after I graduate, or however long it takes to defeat these scumbags." She nodded, a BIG nod, one of confidence and assurance, still listening to Schmoe though. Bernie could definitely get carried away with her thoughts sometimes but she was trying so hard to be a good listener for her professor. Especially when his faced looked like that. Why DID his face look like that?

....oh. Bernie's little face fell too, and she reached a hand out toward Schmoe. She would have patted him on the back, if she could reach him from down here in this darn beanbag chair, but she couldn't. So she settled for a patpat of her hand on his hand instead. "They... they're wrong, in other words." She swallowed a lump in her throat. "And they're going to come for people like me, and you, because we're right and they're wrong."

That was all, then? She nodded, trying to look more sure than she felt.

Old 02-05-2021, 05:27 AM   #38 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Laini Gracae-Ryans
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

SPOILER!!: minjaaae, just wrapping up <3
Quote:
The thought that someone might be keeping an eye on his family made him feel absolutely terrified especially since he had no way of warning them. But even if he could warn them, how would they be able to go against witches and wizards? He clenched his fist again but remembered Schmoe's words and calmed himself down.

He was glad that the professor had agreed to his offer of cleaning up the Lounge as best as he could. Cleaning had always been his distraction when something was wrong. On any normal day he would hate it but when he felt troubled he appreciated the work. It kept his mind off of things even if it was for a short moment. He already knew he wasn't going to pin it on the professor should he get in trouble but he still nodded his head. "I don't think i need to , i'm sure they have better things to do" he chuckled. " but i'll keep it in mind."

There was always a place for him here?

Oh no , Why had he said that?. "Thanks, sir. I'll remember" he said as his voice cracked and his eyes started to tear up. He was NOT going to cry though. Nope. He refused to let them fall. It would be far too embarrassing if he cried now!

What he did do was abruptly turning back around and he walked to the door and opened it up. "Yeah..." he answered sadly at the doorway, looking down ." See you in class, Professor" he was not looking forward to it.

Finneas gave Minjae a weak smile in return. "Certainly," he replied hoping that the seventh year was right. It was hard to tell what Rosier's priorities were, but surely a technology lounge was at the bottom of the list.

The abrupt turn around startled Finneas a bit, but he understood that times were difficult and perhaps Minjae needed some space to breathe. "Err, yes, see you, Mr. Yoon," he waved, despite the fact that Minjae's back was turned.

SPOILER!!: bernie, when are you going to tell us the joke!!!
Quote:
Of COURSE this would STAY IN THIS ROOM! Bernadette could be trusted with some stuff, she could. Well, there had been that time when she'd implied that Schmoe was dating his own sister in the middle of class (and she still wasn't entirely sure he wasn't?) and also there had been that time when she'd declared herself his Assistant Professor Teaching Assistant and bragged about it to everyone and also, oh yeah, that time when----

But, not to digress.

"I'm sure I can always pick up teaching assistanting er, next year, or maybe the one after that, or after I graduate, or however long it takes to defeat these scumbags." She nodded, a BIG nod, one of confidence and assurance, still listening to Schmoe though. Bernie could definitely get carried away with her thoughts sometimes but she was trying so hard to be a good listener for her professor. Especially when his faced looked like that. Why DID his face look like that?

....oh. Bernie's little face fell too, and she reached a hand out toward Schmoe. She would have patted him on the back, if she could reach him from down here in this darn beanbag chair, but she couldn't. So she settled for a patpat of her hand on his hand instead. "They... they're wrong, in other words." She swallowed a lump in her throat. "And they're going to come for people like me, and you, because we're right and they're wrong."

That was all, then? She nodded, trying to look more sure than she felt.

..... "Yes, perhaps," five years and Finneas Schmoe still did not know how to tell Bernadette Grantham that Teaching Assistant was not a real position that he could offer her. He tried time and time again, and yet. Here they were. Time and time again. Alas. The real magic of Hogwarts was Bernadette's persistence.

He tried not to look as uncomfortable as he felt with the patpat and for once it was a good thing that discomfort was just his natural state of being (TM). Maybe. "I'm, er, yes. I'm afraid so. The best thing we can do for now is.... keep our heads low until we can think of something better than that." He swallowed thickly. Yet again another plea for this young Gryffindor to NOT Gryffindor.

PLEASE.

For the love of all things good and holy Saint Bernadette.

You are Lemon!
Old 02-05-2021, 10:07 PM   #39 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default I did need the joke reminder as it turns out

Quote:
..... "Yes, perhaps," five years and Finneas Schmoe still did not know how to tell Bernadette Grantham that Teaching Assistant was not a real position that he could offer her. He tried time and time again, and yet. Here they were. Time and time again. Alas. The real magic of Hogwarts was Bernadette's persistence.

He tried not to look as uncomfortable as he felt with the patpat and for once it was a good thing that discomfort was just his natural state of being (TM). Maybe. "I'm, er, yes. I'm afraid so. The best thing we can do for now is.... keep our heads low until we can think of something better than that." He swallowed thickly. Yet again another plea for this young Gryffindor to NOT Gryffindor.

PLEASE.

For the love of all things good and holy Saint Bernadette.
And see, that was just enough of a confirmation for Bernadette to never ever drop this topic. 'If you're saying there's a chance' probably should have been her personal motto.

Alas. She nodded understandingly yet again (so much understanding) (wasn't she just the best?) and was then struck by a sudden idea. Nothing alarming, nothing at all like the stunts she'd be pulling later in the term, but.

"Are you still going to do your jokes and puns, sir? Because if so, I think I have one for you." She stated this brightly, trying her best to maintain her sense of optimism and persistent sunshine aka this:

Old 02-07-2021, 03:46 AM   #40 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Laini Gracae-Ryans
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default i'm glad you haven't forgotten the joke itself, that would be a tragedy

Quote:
And see, that was just enough of a confirmation for Bernadette to never ever drop this topic. 'If you're saying there's a chance' probably should have been her personal motto.

Alas. She nodded understandingly yet again (so much understanding) (wasn't she just the best?) and was then struck by a sudden idea. Nothing alarming, nothing at all like the stunts she'd be pulling later in the term, but.

"Are you still going to do your jokes and puns, sir? Because if so, I think I have one for you." She stated this brightly, trying her best to maintain her sense of optimism and persistent sunshine aka this:

When would he learn? When would he learn that his actions had consequences!!!! RIP Vine, 2016. Gone, but never forgotten.

Jokes and puns?

The sudden stark change in subject took him by surprise and it took a moment for his large brain to recalibrate. What jokes and-OH. Yes. Those. "Er, yes, I do plan to keep them going," he gave her a small smile, sucking up ALL the tears in his eyes. Yes. That was a thing he could do. Please suspend your disbelief.

AnYwAy.

"Do go on..." He leaned forward with intrigue. YES.

You are Lemon!
Old 02-07-2021, 04:02 AM   #41 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default 'sucking up the tears in his eyes' ok Dwight, raise n lower ur cholesterol at will

Quote:
When would he learn? When would he learn that his actions had consequences!!!! RIP Vine, 2016. Gone, but never forgotten.

Jokes and puns?

The sudden stark change in subject took him by surprise and it took a moment for his large brain to recalibrate. What jokes and-OH. Yes. Those. "Er, yes, I do plan to keep them going," he gave her a small smile, sucking up ALL the tears in his eyes. Yes. That was a thing he could do. Please suspend your disbelief.

AnYwAy.

"Do go on..." He leaned forward with intrigue. YES.
Bernie nodded seriously, steeling herself to remember her joke properly. She raised a little index finger of hers, a bit like a nutty professor or something.

"Did you hear about the rockin' new love potion line at Madam Primpernelle's, sir?" She paused for, y'know, the drummer to ready the cymbals. The drummer in her head, obviously, on her late-night comedy show. "It's called........... My Chemical Romance."

Bernie's face broke into THE BIGGEST GRIN as she delivered her joke, and then dissolved into a smattering of giggles.

She would show herself out, yes, she would.

Old 02-08-2021, 04:53 AM   #42 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Laini Gracae-Ryans
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default I told u to suspend disbelief!!!

Quote:
Bernie nodded seriously, steeling herself to remember her joke properly. She raised a little index finger of hers, a bit like a nutty professor or something.

"Did you hear about the rockin' new love potion line at Madam Primpernelle's, sir?" She paused for, y'know, the drummer to ready the cymbals. The drummer in her head, obviously, on her late-night comedy show. "It's called........... My Chemical Romance."

Bernie's face broke into THE BIGGEST GRIN as she delivered her joke, and then dissolved into a smattering of giggles.

She would show herself out, yes, she would.
Nothing like a good joke to evaporate any and all previous sadness from a room, amiright!? Or IsSchmoeRight!? Heh. AnYwAy, anyway, ANYWAY. It was time to listen and Schmoe was at the edge of his seat.

He waited, his eyes big with intrigue. And waited some more. And then the joke was told and he still waited.

"OHOHOHOO," there it was. The LAUGH of LAUGHS. Was he overcompensating a little bit? Maybe, maybe he was. "That's a kneeslapper!" He continued laughing, patting his elbow. Kneeslapper, indeed. "Errr. How did you come across this, Ms. Grantham?!" The joke? The band? It was ... vintage.

You are Lemon!
Old 02-10-2021, 02:21 AM   #43 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default is schmoe dwight? y/n blink thrice to confirm yes, bob head to confirm no??

Quote:
Nothing like a good joke to evaporate any and all previous sadness from a room, amiright!? Or IsSchmoeRight!? Heh. AnYwAy, anyway, ANYWAY. It was time to listen and Schmoe was at the edge of his seat.

He waited, his eyes big with intrigue. And waited some more. And then the joke was told and he still waited.

"OHOHOHOO," there it was. The LAUGH of LAUGHS. Was he overcompensating a little bit? Maybe, maybe he was. "That's a kneeslapper!" He continued laughing, patting his elbow. Kneeslapper, indeed. "Errr. How did you come across this, Ms. Grantham?!" The joke? The band? It was ... vintage.
OoooooooOOOOOOOOoookkkkkkkAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy yy, Schmoey, it wasn't that funny. Bernadette appreciated the laughs though, especially since it seemed like this year they'd need them. She tried to absorb them, so she'd have this happy memory to hang onto.

Because she knew she'd need it. Anyway anyway AnYwAy.

She smiled, big, in return. "My brother likes that kind of music." Actually, any and all rock and roll was his thing. She smiled fondly thinking of Skidmark, though the smile quickly disappeared as she remembered their... circumstances they'd be in this year. "BUT I came up with it. After walking past that shop in Diagon Alley." Yeah, because why would Bernie ever need to go into Madam Primpernelle's? Like, pfffft, like she had anyone to spray perfume on or trick into drinking a love potion or buy a fake mustache for or or or---

Old 02-12-2021, 06:56 AM   #44 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Laini Gracae-Ryans
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default schmoe is if angela + kevin had childe

Quote:
OoooooooOOOOOOOOoookkkkkkkAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy yy, Schmoey, it wasn't that funny. Bernadette appreciated the laughs though, especially since it seemed like this year they'd need them. She tried to absorb them, so she'd have this happy memory to hang onto.

Because she knew she'd need it. Anyway anyway AnYwAy.

She smiled, big, in return. "My brother likes that kind of music." Actually, any and all rock and roll was his thing. She smiled fondly thinking of Skidmark, though the smile quickly disappeared as she remembered their... circumstances they'd be in this year. "BUT I came up with it. After walking past that shop in Diagon Alley." Yeah, because why would Bernie ever need to go into Madam Primpernelle's? Like, pfffft, like she had anyone to spray perfume on or trick into drinking a love potion or buy a fake mustache for or or or---
It was a bit much, but perhaps he'd need it too.

Heh.

Once he sobered up a bit, he leaned back into his chair and listened. "Does he?" He smiled. "Does your younger sister?" He didn't know a lot of things about a lot of students, but he did know some things about some students. Especially ones who made yearly pilgrimages to his office. AnYwAy. "And, er, you give me permission to use this for the noticeboard?" With credit where credit was due, of course.

You are Lemon!
Old 02-12-2021, 03:37 PM   #45 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default LMAO how disturbing and yet easily imaginable

Quote:
It was a bit much, but perhaps he'd need it too.

Heh.

Once he sobered up a bit, he leaned back into his chair and listened. "Does he?" He smiled. "Does your younger sister?" He didn't know a lot of things about a lot of students, but he did know some things about some students. Especially ones who made yearly pilgrimages to his office. AnYwAy. "And, er, you give me permission to use this for the noticeboard?" With credit where credit was due, of course.
Bernie nodded along happily to the first question, yes, Skidmark was into even OLDER stuff sometimes, but he was her favorite sibling, so she tolerated his antique tastes. But her sister? Bernie's face fell at the mention of her, and then turned into a bit of a stormcloud expression. If she were around anyone but Schmoey, she'd probably freeze up at this ask and refuse to answer.

But, as mentioned, Bernie did bug this professor probably the most out of any professor at Hogwarts. Some would even say this was her best friend in the castle. So she opened up a small amount here.

"Pippa likes whatever's convenient to her," she replied after a brief, just a brief, pause. "And whatever will please my parents. So she likes some of their stuff," she gestured with her wrist as though she were illustrating the bops of the 2080s and 90s, when her parents were young. And then came another small pause, as Bernie showed a bit of growth and maturity, and thought for a second about maybe why Pippa was like this, "but she's also just a kid, so she's still figuring out who she is and stuff."

She shrugged, as though that topic were done. Of COURSE, there was always more to the story, but would anyone ever get that? Would they? :3

Bernie nodded AGAIN, very enthusiastically. She didn't often have opportunities for positive recognition here at Hogwarts, and she was sometimes suspicious and embarrassed when someone heaped praise on her. BUT she would LOVE for her joke to appear on the noticeboard. "Yes please! I'll try to come up with even more for you!" She may have been beaming a little with this small amount of recognition from Schmoe.

Old 02-14-2021, 05:43 AM   #46 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Laini Gracae-Ryans
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default bernie can be michael scott + some Jim Halpert + a splash of angry andy

Quote:
Bernie nodded along happily to the first question, yes, Skidmark was into even OLDER stuff sometimes, but he was her favorite sibling, so she tolerated his antique tastes. But her sister? Bernie's face fell at the mention of her, and then turned into a bit of a stormcloud expression. If she were around anyone but Schmoey, she'd probably freeze up at this ask and refuse to answer.

But, as mentioned, Bernie did bug this professor probably the most out of any professor at Hogwarts. Some would even say this was her best friend in the castle. So she opened up a small amount here.

"Pippa likes whatever's convenient to her," she replied after a brief, just a brief, pause. "And whatever will please my parents. So she likes some of their stuff," she gestured with her wrist as though she were illustrating the bops of the 2080s and 90s, when her parents were young. And then came another small pause, as Bernie showed a bit of growth and maturity, and thought for a second about maybe why Pippa was like this, "but she's also just a kid, so she's still figuring out who she is and stuff."

She shrugged, as though that topic were done. Of COURSE, there was always more to the story, but would anyone ever get that? Would they? :3

Bernie nodded AGAIN, very enthusiastically. She didn't often have opportunities for positive recognition here at Hogwarts, and she was sometimes suspicious and embarrassed when someone heaped praise on her. BUT she would LOVE for her joke to appear on the noticeboard. "Yes please! I'll try to come up with even more for you!" She may have been beaming a little with this small amount of recognition from Schmoe.
Finneas smiled at the TRUE display of maturity and growth Bernadette showcased. He was proud of this one, he was. AnYwAy. It was ironic that she was describing her sister as being just a kid figuring out who she was. No? Made Finnyboyo chuckle a good bit. Silently and in his head, of course. AnYwAy (part 2).

"I'm errr, quite partial to the oldies, myself," he waved his hand behind him at all the posters. A different genre, but er, oldies all the same. That Mr. Harry Styles. Chefs kiss. AnYWaY (part 3). He was trying to divert attention to other matters that would not make Bernie as uncomfortable.

"Thank you! I'm, er, running low on jokes these days. Perhaps you can recruit your friends to donate a few to the, er, cause as well." In her last act as unofficial TA? Not that he ever really made her TA. That was. Complicated.

You are Lemon!
Old 03-04-2021, 03:26 PM   #47 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default yes, yes v. accurate assessment :')

Quote:
Finneas smiled at the TRUE display of maturity and growth Bernadette showcased. He was proud of this one, he was. AnYwAy. It was ironic that she was describing her sister as being just a kid figuring out who she was. No? Made Finnyboyo chuckle a good bit. Silently and in his head, of course. AnYwAy (part 2).

"I'm errr, quite partial to the oldies, myself," he waved his hand behind him at all the posters. A different genre, but er, oldies all the same. That Mr. Harry Styles. Chefs kiss. AnYWaY (part 3). He was trying to divert attention to other matters that would not make Bernie as uncomfortable.

"Thank you! I'm, er, running low on jokes these days. Perhaps you can recruit your friends to donate a few to the, er, cause as well." In her last act as unofficial TA? Not that he ever really made her TA. That was. Complicated.

It was, indeed, humorous to hear one childe describe another as such. But that was humor for adults, heh. Back to this childe and her remarkable growth as a human being that would surely not at all be impacted negatively by the events of this school year. Ahem.

Bernie's eyes flicked toward Schmoe's posters, but since she didn't find them particularly compelling, she looked back to him. HE was an oldie himself, and thus far more interesting than the music! "Of COURSE," Bernie chirped, trying to think of all three of her friend(s) and if any of them would be willing to come up with jokes for Schmoe. Blake would, probably, but Phoebe would try to talk her out of this, sooooooo.

She supposed she'd taken up enough of the good professor's time as well (look! at! this! self-awareness!) and began the laborious process of extracting herself from her beanbag chair. "I'm gonna get on up and out of here," the fifth year narrated, untangling her short legs with some mild success, but then losing her balance and more or less resorting to rolling out of the beanbag.

Ah. Yes. Such elegance! Such grace! Miss United Kingdom 2104, Bernadette Grantham!!!!!!

Bernie scrambled to her feet and brushed herself off, no worse for the wear, all awkwardness considered. "Thank you, Professor, for the words of encouragement." She nodded, which looked a bit like her BFF's head-bobbin', and beamed at him. "I'll be going now! And uh, I promise to keep what we talked about earlier... just between us." A secret, if you would, between the very best friends that anyone could have.

Old 03-11-2021, 01:45 AM   #48 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Laini Gracae-Ryans
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default glad i passed the vibe check

Quote:
It was, indeed, humorous to hear one childe describe another as such. But that was humor for adults, heh. Back to this childe and her remarkable growth as a human being that would surely not at all be impacted negatively by the events of this school year. Ahem.

Bernie's eyes flicked toward Schmoe's posters, but since she didn't find them particularly compelling, she looked back to him. HE was an oldie himself, and thus far more interesting than the music! "Of COURSE," Bernie chirped, trying to think of all three of her friend(s) and if any of them would be willing to come up with jokes for Schmoe. Blake would, probably, but Phoebe would try to talk her out of this, sooooooo.

She supposed she'd taken up enough of the good professor's time as well (look! at! this! self-awareness!) and began the laborious process of extracting herself from her beanbag chair. "I'm gonna get on up and out of here," the fifth year narrated, untangling her short legs with some mild success, but then losing her balance and more or less resorting to rolling out of the beanbag.

Ah. Yes. Such elegance! Such grace! Miss United Kingdom 2104, Bernadette Grantham!!!!!!

Bernie scrambled to her feet and brushed herself off, no worse for the wear, all awkwardness considered. "Thank you, Professor, for the words of encouragement." She nodded, which looked a bit like her BFF's head-bobbin', and beamed at him. "I'll be going now! And uh, I promise to keep what we talked about earlier... just between us." A secret, if you would, between the very best friends that anyone could have.
Finneas did not yet know it, but would perhaps one day remember this part as his favorite. The thing he would miss the most after his inevitable and maybe sooner-than-we-think retirement. Watching as students attempted the laborious process of extracting themselves from the beanbag chairs. Some executed the task with perfect form. Others simply chose to tumble and roll, giving in to the inevitable. Bernadette Grantham usually tried her best, only to be bested. Perhaps on her final yearly pilgrimage, she would get the hang of it.

Finneas had faith.

He often did. Something else that would surely not at all be impacted negatively by the events of the school year. Ahem².

He simply nodded, feeling undeserving of her thanks, but accepting it nevertheless. It would likely be the last one he would receive for the remainder of the term. "Thank you, Ms. Grantham," he offered her a feeble smile and then made slow work of waving his wand to lift the enchantments on the room. "You are always welcome here, Bernadette." It went without saying, but sometimes one needed to say such things anyway (AnYwAy, ANYWAY).

You are Lemon!