sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1195 users online including...
ramsspeelay , Anthonydyday

3 members
1192 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 58: May - August 2021

Term 58: May - August 2021 Term Fifty-Eight: Have Some Bread (Sept 2104 - June 2105)

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 04-05-2021, 12:52 PM

Default Technology? Lounge

The technology lounge used to be a room of wonder and fun... and y'know, technology. Then last term happened and everything got destroyed.
BUT WAIT. THERE'S MORE.
Professor Schmoe spent all summer trying to get the technology lounge back in shape. The room itself no longer looks as if it had been blasted to smithereens with a series of Bombardas, but due to lack of funding there's not a whole lot of tech anymore. There are two old school computers along the back wall and a pac-man machine in one of the far corners, which is better than nothing!!! Lots of beanbag chairs too, those are Schmoe's favorites. If you want muggle board games or a set of cards, Finneas brought all of the ones he has from his own, personal collection - so, er, have at it! Just be nice to them please. They're his babies.

OKAY SO. The technology lounge is more like a......... lounge. Yeah. It's just a lounge.

But there's PLENTY of seating and lots of free space - maybe you can take a nap on one of the couches and dream about technology instead!!!

Old 07-08-2021, 02:21 PM   #26 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

SPOILER!!: Dahlia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Dahlia blinked. "Multiple times a week?" Whoa. Here she was thinking that she had spent a lot of time visiting the healer last term. Ash had her beat by a landslide. "How come? Do you have allergies or something?" That was the only thing she could think of off the top of her head that might require such frequent visits to the healer. Unless they were like crazy accident prone and constantly getting themselves hurt. That was always plausible. Being as active and adventurous as she tended to be at times, injuries happened.

"Erm.. if there is one.. I don't know it." Being a second year was hard. She loved to read and yes she did read ahead in several of her textbooks but that didn't mean she knew any of the spells yet. Lia shook her head. "Probably not a good idea. The vanishing spell is the best thing I can think of but.. it isn't helpful to us right now." Since neither of them were able to cast it. "I have some parchment in my bag.. and a textbook? Maybe we can slide the parchment under some of the glass and kinda push the glass onto the parchment? We can fold the corners up some glass won't fall off?" It might be worth a try. Or they could go get help.

Ash blinked, feeling a little nervous about Dahlia’s tone. Was what she was doing really that weird? “No, no allergies.” Sometimes she punched a wall. Sometimes she accidentally got scraped by plants. Sometimes she fought people. Sometimes she messed up her spellwork. But usually she just panicked about something and needed a calming potion. Not that she was planning on telling Dahlia that.

“I guess-” And here her voice was a strange mixture of disappointment and happiness, “I guess we’ll have to use mostly nonmagical means. We can get a trash can that accepts glass, and we can levitate it in so that we don’t have to touch the glass.” She had completely forgot about levitation... it would be helpful here. But where were there trash cans? Man this sucked. “I probably should have waited to break the mirror. Maybe I should have handed it over to a professor or something.” She shouldn’t have done this in front of Dahlia anyway. Now she felt embarrassed.
Old 07-10-2021, 01:40 PM   #27 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post

Ash blinked, feeling a little nervous about Dahlia’s tone. Was what she was doing really that weird? “No, no allergies.” Sometimes she punched a wall. Sometimes she accidentally got scraped by plants. Sometimes she fought people. Sometimes she messed up her spellwork. But usually she just panicked about something and needed a calming potion. Not that she was planning on telling Dahlia that.

“I guess-” And here her voice was a strange mixture of disappointment and happiness, “I guess we’ll have to use mostly nonmagical means. We can get a trash can that accepts glass, and we can levitate it in so that we don’t have to touch the glass.” She had completely forgot about levitation... it would be helpful here. But where were there trash cans? Man this sucked. “I probably should have waited to break the mirror. Maybe I should have handed it over to a professor or something.” She shouldn’t have done this in front of Dahlia anyway. Now she felt embarrassed.
Hm, so no allergies. That meant Ash visited the Healer for some other reason. With the little bit that she knew about her fellow housemate after giving it some thought, there was many possible reasons. None that were probably any of her business. "Oh, well I like her. She's always been nice to me and took good care of me." Facts. No complaints here. Not even about her dragon scars.

"Ooooh, that's a good idea," Dahlia nodded her head in agreement. Levitation. Why hadn't she thought of that in the first place. "We can just levitate all of the glass into the trash." She shrugged. "It's too late to worry about that now, sometimes things happen faster then our brain processes what the rest of our body is doing." She smiled softly at Ash. "It's okay, sometimes our emotions get the best of us, right?"

Now where was that trashcan? Blue eyes swept across the room until she spotted a small trashcan nestled against the far corner wall. "What about that one?" As she spoke, she was already walking across the room to get it and bring it back over to where Ash and the broken were. "This should do the trick." Now all they had to do was get the broken glass into the trashcan without any issues.

You are Bread!
Old 07-10-2021, 02:55 PM   #28 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

SPOILER!!: Dahlia
Quote:
Hm, so no allergies. That meant Ash visited the Healer for some other reason. With the little bit that she knew about her fellow housemate after giving it some thought, there was many possible reasons. None that were probably any of her business. "Oh, well I like her. She's always been nice to me and took good care of me." Facts. No complaints here. Not even about her dragon scars.

"Ooooh, that's a good idea," Dahlia nodded her head in agreement. Levitation. Why hadn't she thought of that in the first place. "We can just levitate all of the glass into the trash." She shrugged. "It's too late to worry about that now, sometimes things happen faster then our brain processes what the rest of our body is doing." She smiled softly at Ash. "It's okay, sometimes our emotions get the best of us, right?"

Now where was that trashcan? Blue eyes swept across the room until she spotted a small trashcan nestled against the far corner wall. "What about that one?" As she spoke, she was already walking across the room to get it and bring it back over to where Ash and the broken were. "This should do the trick." Now all they had to do was get the broken glass into the trashcan without any issues.

"Same here. Although I suppose she must be bored of me now." A thought occurred to her and she giggled. "If I paid the school lots of money, do you think they would name the hospital wing after me?" It was a joke of course, but Ash found it hilarious. She had a strange sense of humor these days.

Hey! If she died, they probably would name the hospital wing after her! That was even funnier, but she did not tell Dahlia what she was thinking. It was unlikely she'd see the funny part.

She thought about what the other girl was saying. "True. Our emotions do get the best of us. Although it happens to some people more than others." Unfortunately. Had Dahlia ever destroyed things in a moment of rage? Ash privately doubted it.

She levitated the shards of glass into the trashcan. It took a few tries(she kept missing), but she eventually got it done. She looked into the bin. "I guess we did it." With no real injuries. She hadn't hurt anybody when she threw the mirror. That was good, right?
Old 07-11-2021, 02:24 PM   #29 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:

"Same here. Although I suppose she must be bored of me now." A thought occurred to her and she giggled. "If I paid the school lots of money, do you think they would name the hospital wing after me?" It was a joke of course, but Ash found it hilarious. She had a strange sense of humor these days.

Hey! If she died, they probably would name the hospital wing after her! That was even funnier, but she did not tell Dahlia what she was thinking. It was unlikely she'd see the funny part.

She thought about what the other girl was saying. "True. Our emotions do get the best of us. Although it happens to some people more than others." Unfortunately. Had Dahlia ever destroyed things in a moment of rage? Ash privately doubted it.

She levitated the shards of glass into the trashcan. It took a few tries(she kept missing), but she eventually got it done. She looked into the bin. "I guess we did it." With no real injuries. She hadn't hurt anybody when she threw the mirror. That was good, right?
"Do you really think so? Or do you think that she gets really used to us all and then misses us when we graduate?" It was a curious question. The same with the professors and the rest of the staff. Seven years was a long time to get to be around the same group of people for months on end. Friendships and close bonds were made. Her aunt and uncle met here at Hogwarts. So did her sister and brother-in-law and her cousin and his girlfriend. Lia considered Ash's comment with a small grin and a tiny giggle. "Hmm, maybe? Especially since you are there a lot so that might caught for something!" That was meant as a joke and was said with a playful smile to show that it was.

She nodded. "Absolutely. Everyone handles their emotions differently. Some hold them inside, others cry, some scream, others hit things.. or others.." Which she didn't recommend. "There's lots of ways to deal with it. It's not always easy though when you're in that moment, you can say how you would react but when that moment comes it's a whole different game." She wasn't normally an angry person. It took a fair bit to get her angry but when she was, she needed space. A lot of space.

Dahlia watched as Ash levitated the glass into the trashcan. "I'd say the problem is solved." At least the problem of the broken glass.

You are Bread!
Old 07-17-2021, 04:40 PM   #30 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

SPOILER!!: sorry for the wait
Quote:
"Do you really think so? Or do you think that she gets really used to us all and then misses us when we graduate?" It was a curious question. The same with the professors and the rest of the staff. Seven years was a long time to get to be around the same group of people for months on end. Friendships and close bonds were made. Her aunt and uncle met here at Hogwarts. So did her sister and brother-in-law and her cousin and his girlfriend. Lia considered Ash's comment with a small grin and a tiny giggle. "Hmm, maybe? Especially since you are there a lot so that might caught for something!" That was meant as a joke and was said with a playful smile to show that it was.

She nodded. "Absolutely. Everyone handles their emotions differently. Some hold them inside, others cry, some scream, others hit things.. or others.." Which she didn't recommend. "There's lots of ways to deal with it. It's not always easy though when you're in that moment, you can say how you would react but when that moment comes it's a whole different game." She wasn't normally an angry person. It took a fair bit to get her angry but when she was, she needed space. A lot of space.

Dahlia watched as Ash levitated the glass into the trashcan. "I'd say the problem is solved." At least the problem of the broken glass.

"I doubt she'll miss me." As usual, it was a joke, intended to hide the truth. What she intended for Dahlia to understand was that the healer would probably be glad to not have to deal with Ash and her constant injuries and problems. What she really meant was that she'd be happy to leave Hogwarts, and was sure that everyone else would be happy to see her go. Even the nice ones saw her as a burden, didn't they? That was how Ash viewed it, anyway. They just wanted to keep her alive for her time here and then forget. But she didn't need to tell Dahlia that.

"Maybe I should wait and put the donation in my will. Then when I'm really old and dead, they'll have to name it after me. That's how all the rich and famous people do it." She smirked. That was a real joke, for once. And to Ash, it was hilarious. Ashley Fox was very rich and famous, and she hung out in here a lot because she made bad choices. But the important part is, she gave us MONEY and we need money. It's an honor to name this room the Ashley C. Fox hospital wing... haha.

Hilarious.

Anyway.

"Everyone expresses feelings differently. But it's important to recognize them somehow. Or else you'll just explode." Or implode. Depending on the person. "Personally, when I'm mad, I like to go somewhere alone and break things. And then fix them, and then break them again. And then fix them so that nobody finds out." She stared at the mirror pieces in the trash. "I could have just fixed that mirror. Oh well. I don't want to anyway." Sorry, not sorry. Mirrors could stay broken.

"Yep. Problem solved." physical problem solved.

An important distinction.
Old 07-18-2021, 02:01 PM   #31 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12
Default It's okay!

Quote:

"I doubt she'll miss me." As usual, it was a joke, intended to hide the truth. What she intended for Dahlia to understand was that the healer would probably be glad to not have to deal with Ash and her constant injuries and problems. What she really meant was that she'd be happy to leave Hogwarts, and was sure that everyone else would be happy to see her go. Even the nice ones saw her as a burden, didn't they? That was how Ash viewed it, anyway. They just wanted to keep her alive for her time here and then forget. But she didn't need to tell Dahlia that.

"Maybe I should wait and put the donation in my will. Then when I'm really old and dead, they'll have to name it after me. That's how all the rich and famous people do it." She smirked. That was a real joke, for once. And to Ash, it was hilarious. Ashley Fox was very rich and famous, and she hung out in here a lot because she made bad choices. But the important part is, she gave us MONEY and we need money. It's an honor to name this room the Ashley C. Fox hospital wing... haha.

Hilarious.

Anyway.

"Everyone expresses feelings differently. But it's important to recognize them somehow. Or else you'll just explode." Or implode. Depending on the person. "Personally, when I'm mad, I like to go somewhere alone and break things. And then fix them, and then break them again. And then fix them so that nobody finds out." She stared at the mirror pieces in the trash. "I could have just fixed that mirror. Oh well. I don't want to anyway." Sorry, not sorry. Mirrors could stay broken.

"Yep. Problem solved." physical problem solved.

An important distinction.
"Maybe there's too many of us for her to really miss us." Lia shrugged her shoulders. Each year students graduated and each year new students arrived. That was a whole lot of students.

Lia giggled. "That's one way to do it, if you want to make sure you'll always be remembered here at Hogwarts." It wasn't something she herself would do. With all of her family that's been here, she wasn't worried about being remembered. It really didn't even matter to her. If she was remembered, okay. If she wasn't, no big deal.

She nodded. This she knew. "There's nothing wrong with that if it makes you feel better." At least no one was getting hurt. "It usually takes a lot to make me really angry but when I do get angry or if I'm really upset I like to make noise. So I'll go play the drums really loudly until I feel better." Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Lia smiled. "Yup." Problem solved. This time.

You are Bread!