sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1242 users online including...
ramsspeelay , Stevendalo , Svetlevm , Svetliab , Jamesje

5 members
1237 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Kamran Kazmi's Reign > Term 61: May - August 2022

Term 61: May - August 2022 Term Sixty-One: Riddle Me This (Sept 2107 - June 2108)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2021, 12:17 AM

Default Stone Wall

The further you venture into the dungeons, the closer you get to reaching the entrance to where the Slytherins reside. For many years, however, not a single soul who wasn't a member of the green and silver house has gained entrance into their sanctuary. This primarily is in part due to the maze of corridors that are designed to confuse and disjoint you. This is not the most ideal place to get lost, so tread with caution.

Regardless of the endless corridors that make up this part of the dungeons, any member of Salazar Slytherin's house would be able to navigate the area with ease. Getting to the common room is just as easy as well, even with all of the stone walls looking identical. Once you've reached the thirteenth wall, simply whisper the correct password (don't forget that it changes every fortnight!) to make a brief passage appear and reveal your green-tinged home. If you forget, you can count on being stranded in the damp and humid corridor until someone lets you in.
Old 05-07-2022, 03:56 AM   #2 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Default Jenn!
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

One Evan Nam could be found with his back against the wall next to what he believed was the stone entrance for the Slytherin common room. In truth, he didn't spend much time in this part of the castle, but he felt the need to check in on his sister under the guise of having OWL references to share. This was probably a moot idea, given he was fairly certain she'd ransacked his room over the summer for everything she would need for the upcoming term, but... it was a good excuse regardless.

A pile of notebooks and a folder full of practice questions and flashcards sat in his lap, as he absently flipped through them for no reason other than to look busy. Maybe he should have tried some patronus practice, seen if he could have gotten anything corporeal enough to send a message to his sister to meet him. Or just tried some charmed memos.

But... truthfully at this point he had nothing to do but go back to his common room, and that trek was certainly not worth it. For now, he'd just wait and hope to run into Maya. And if not Maya, maybe he'd get lucky to spot someone else who could go in and grab her for him.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Old 05-07-2022, 09:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

MO
Hinkypunk

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maya Nam
Slytherin
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bianca Holden
Minister's Office
x12 x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
One Evan Nam could be found with his back against the wall next to what he believed was the stone entrance for the Slytherin common room. In truth, he didn't spend much time in this part of the castle, but he felt the need to check in on his sister under the guise of having OWL references to share. This was probably a moot idea, given he was fairly certain she'd ransacked his room over the summer for everything she would need for the upcoming term, but... it was a good excuse regardless.

A pile of notebooks and a folder full of practice questions and flashcards sat in his lap, as he absently flipped through them for no reason other than to look busy. Maybe he should have tried some patronus practice, seen if he could have gotten anything corporeal enough to send a message to his sister to meet him. Or just tried some charmed memos.

But... truthfully at this point he had nothing to do but go back to his common room, and that trek was certainly not worth it. For now, he'd just wait and hope to run into Maya. And if not Maya, maybe he'd get lucky to spot someone else who could go in and grab her for him.
Though the term had just started, Maya was already in full study mode for the OWLs. It helped to not think about what was said prior to getting on the train and ignore the owls that weren't exams and piling up. And so, every free moment she had was spent gathering her study material and going to the library. Or if the weather was warm enough, she would find a nice patch to sit in and highlight 75% of her textbook.

The Slytherin exited the common room after stuffing her bag with some blank index cards and some papers stuffed in a green folder labeled "Herbology". And immediately noticed her brother... sitting there... flipping through flash cards. Had she been avoiding her siblings to avoid talking about what went down? Perhaps.

This was rather hard to ignore though, wasn't it?

So Maya stood there, adjusting the strap of her bag awkwardly. "I thought you already took your OWLs," she said, referencing the cards he held.

_______________________.__________________________ ____i'll leave my .l o v e. between the stars...
Old 05-08-2022, 07:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

SPOILER!!: Mayaaaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeJenn View Post
Though the term had just started, Maya was already in full study mode for the OWLs. It helped to not think about what was said prior to getting on the train and ignore the owls that weren't exams and piling up. And so, every free moment she had was spent gathering her study material and going to the library. Or if the weather was warm enough, she would find a nice patch to sit in and highlight 75% of her textbook.

The Slytherin exited the common room after stuffing her bag with some blank index cards and some papers stuffed in a green folder labeled "Herbology". And immediately noticed her brother... sitting there... flipping through flash cards. Had she been avoiding her siblings to avoid talking about what went down? Perhaps.

This was rather hard to ignore though, wasn't it?

So Maya stood there, adjusting the strap of her bag awkwardly. "I thought you already took your OWLs," she said, referencing the cards he held.

The whole point of his perching specifically HERE was to make himself hard to ignore, because it was clearly obvious that that was what she was doing. And while Evan would have loved to press her and play mediator, a role he was not sure he would be good at, he knew the importance of not being forced to speak on something you weren't ready to. Which was why he was here to check in, ensure she was okay, give her study materials.

And not ask anything about the sibling conversation from Kings Cross.

Putting all the flash cards back in the box he had for them, Ev pushed himself off the ground and offered everything towards her. "I did, got great marks too, but I have to be in good form on review if I hope to help you study this term too." A small smile was offered. "You're not driving yourself too crazy already, are you?"

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Old 05-12-2022, 01:19 AM   #5 (permalink)

MO
Hinkypunk

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maya Nam
Slytherin
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bianca Holden
Minister's Office
x12 x2

SPOILER!!: EVAAAAAN ♥
Quote:

The whole point of his perching specifically HERE was to make himself hard to ignore, because it was clearly obvious that that was what she was doing. And while Evan would have loved to press her and play mediator, a role he was not sure he would be good at, he knew the importance of not being forced to speak on something you weren't ready to. Which was why he was here to check in, ensure she was okay, give her study materials.

And not ask anything about the sibling conversation from Kings Cross.

Putting all the flash cards back in the box he had for them, Ev pushed himself off the ground and offered everything towards her. "I did, got great marks too, but I have to be in good form on review if I hope to help you study this term too." A small smile was offered. "You're not driving yourself too crazy already, are you?"

She looked at the offered box, a neutral look on her face. Maya supposed as long as he didn't bring up the whole Kings Cross situation, all would be fine right? She really didn't want to have to think about it - which was inevitably what would happen if she ran into Lisa. Lisa would definitely bring it up though she supposed it was just because the youngest of them seemed to have a little less... tact.

"Drive myself crazy? Me?" Maya gave her older brother the slightest of smiles as she reached for the box. "Never."

And if she did, she would never confess to it.

"Thanks for the flashcards," she added. The last thing she needed on top of one of her siblings blabbing about her behavior at the station to their parents was them saying she had suddenly lost her manners as well. "I'm trying to top your marks... and get my puppy this summer."

As a reward.

_______________________.__________________________ ____i'll leave my .l o v e. between the stars...
Old 05-14-2022, 01:32 AM   #6 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

SPOILER!!: MAAAAAAAYA
Quote:

She looked at the offered box, a neutral look on her face. Maya supposed as long as he didn't bring up the whole Kings Cross situation, all would be fine right? She really didn't want to have to think about it - which was inevitably what would happen if she ran into Lisa. Lisa would definitely bring it up though she supposed it was just because the youngest of them seemed to have a little less... tact.

"Drive myself crazy? Me?" Maya gave her older brother the slightest of smiles as she reached for the box. "Never."

And if she did, she would never confess to it.

"Thanks for the flashcards," she added. The last thing she needed on top of one of her siblings blabbing about her behavior at the station to their parents was them saying she had suddenly lost her manners as well. "I'm trying to top your marks... and get my puppy this summer."

As a reward.

The not scurrying away after taking the box of flash cards seemed a decent sign, and his smile widened the smallest fraction - out of relief. An eyebrow raised at her words, as he shook his head. "My mistake. How could I think you, of all people, would push way too hard right out the gate? It's not like we're similar or anything."

As different as a pot and a kettle.

"You're welcome. Hopefully they're helpful. I made up a couple practice question sheets too in case you were interested in those." He dug into his bag, pulling a folder out to hand towards her as well. "Best of luck to you. Although, I do think Eomma and Appa would get you the puppy sooner if you wanted." She probably could have convinced them to get her the puppy last summer had she asked, really.

Old 05-18-2022, 04:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

MO
Hinkypunk

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maya Nam
Slytherin
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bianca Holden
Minister's Office
x12 x2

Quote:

The not scurrying away after taking the box of flash cards seemed a decent sign, and his smile widened the smallest fraction - out of relief. An eyebrow raised at her words, as he shook his head. "My mistake. How could I think you, of all people, would push way too hard right out the gate? It's not like we're similar or anything."

As different as a pot and a kettle.

"You're welcome. Hopefully they're helpful. I made up a couple practice question sheets too in case you were interested in those." He dug into his bag, pulling a folder out to hand towards her as well. "Best of luck to you. Although, I do think Eomma and Appa would get you the puppy sooner if you wanted." She probably could have convinced them to get her the puppy last summer had she asked, really.
Had she considered running away after taking the flash cards? For a fraction of a second, she had thought perhaps it would be a good idea. But Maya wouldn't run away from her siblings... just hide. Though she supposed it was her turn to do the avoiding considering how Evan himself had hid away last term.

Were they just doomed to repeat each other's actions?

"We're similar but not identical," she replied, finding herself relaxing at the sight of his smile. "I haven't skipped any classes or collapsed from exhaustion so I think I'm safe." At least not yet.

Maya tucked the box under her arm and reached for the folder. "Thanks, Ev." She popped that into her bag, making sure to close the clasp on it so nothing would fall out. "Yes but I need to earn the puppy and have time to actually care for him... or her. With OWLs and me constantly studying it wouldn't really be fair to the pup," she said with a shrug. Plus there were enough pets in the house currently... though she wondered what it would be like when the newest addition to the Nam family arrived.

... Merlin, she had been doing so well at ignoring that idea. "Summer is going to be different this year, isn't it?"

Old 05-21-2022, 05:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

Quote:
Had she considered running away after taking the flash cards? For a fraction of a second, she had thought perhaps it would be a good idea. But Maya wouldn't run away from her siblings... just hide. Though she supposed it was her turn to do the avoiding considering how Evan himself had hid away last term.

Were they just doomed to repeat each other's actions?

"We're similar but not identical," she replied, finding herself relaxing at the sight of his smile. "I haven't skipped any classes or collapsed from exhaustion so I think I'm safe." At least not yet.

Maya tucked the box under her arm and reached for the folder. "Thanks, Ev." She popped that into her bag, making sure to close the clasp on it so nothing would fall out. "Yes but I need to earn the puppy and have time to actually care for him... or her. With OWLs and me constantly studying it wouldn't really be fair to the pup," she said with a shrug. Plus there were enough pets in the house currently... though she wondered what it would be like when the newest addition to the Nam family arrived.

... Merlin, she had been doing so well at ignoring that idea. "Summer is going to be different this year, isn't it?"

Maya did far better than Evan had then. He had retracted into himself last term, but while Maya just hid.. Evan had actively run. He could remember a few times he'd spotted his sister and tried to discreetly turn a different direction. But maybe that was okay, sometimes someone needed to be alone to work through things. And he wasn't trying to infringe that, just check in.

"We have about of year of time in between us to make it so that we couldn't be thought." He teased back, struck again by just close in age they were. Sometimes he felt much older than his sister's, but in reality there was only a year between each of them. Their parents had them rather quickly after having waited a span of time after Noah. "Let's try to keep them to never. Though I will state I didn't collapse." Not physically, maybe a bit of a mental collapse for a minute there.

"You're welcome." He was happy to help her however he could assist. Even if she put his good grades at risk by upping him. "Mai, you're grades I'm sure already have earned the puppy. But you're probably right about needing the time." He refrained from pointing out NEWTs were not long after OWLs in reality, so she'd only get about a year of time before it was back to the grind. There were a lot, but Jinx and Scout were starting to get up there in age having been the family pets from when they were all small. A sad thought.

He glanced over at his sister at the comment, not having to ask what she meant. Truthfully, he hadn't thought much about it either because there had been so many other things to worry about. But... "I imagine it will be. At least we'll have Chin-hae's wedding though. I bet if you needed to run away from a bit Halmeoni would let you go home and stay with her for awhile."

Old 06-04-2022, 04:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

MO
Hinkypunk

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maya Nam
Slytherin
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bianca Holden
Minister's Office
x12 x2

"Well I'm right in between you and Lees, could you imagine if I were in the same year as you or her?" she asked, letting out a soft giggle at the idea. Though she absolutely adored the youngest in the family, Maya had learned to give Lisa space. There was just a lot of chaotic energy in the smallest... even though she was quickly growing. "Well I promise to not collapse." Maya paused for a second after saying that. "Intentionally."

And at least not from studying. What if she accidentally had taken a bludger to the head? Well, collapsing in that case would be inevitable. Maybe she should stay away from the Quidditch pitch then...

Maya shrugged her shoulders at Evan's mention that her grades had already earned her the puppy. She was sure of it as well - her grades were nothing short of immaculate. After all, how could she get lower grades than her two brothers if they were passing on studying materials to her? That would just be a massive disappointment, wouldn't it? "Did you know that dogs are basically as intelligent as a two-year-old? I wonder how smart Krups would be in comparison with children since they're a magical breed." Random tidbit of knowledge of the day.

She saw the glance that Evan had shot her and shrugged her shoulders yet again. "I don't think Cora would mind too much either." Though if she did proceed that route, Maya had a feeling she would be used as a model. That was much more Lisa's journey. "Are you thinking about bringing someone to Chin-hae's wedding?"

Old 06-09-2022, 12:15 AM   #10 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

Actually, being in the same year as Maya might have been pretty fun. Although then again, maybe it would have made them more competitive with their studies or less likely to help each other. With their personalities, he doubted that but... perhaps still a possibility. The last bit got her a look, eyebrows raised as he shook his head a bit. "Just make sure you eat and sleep normally still. Then you should be okay." Mostly.

Were she to mention anything about getting hit by bludgers, he would have responded that perhaps she should just stay far far away from Quidditch players. Or maybe she should stay far away from them in general.

Leave it to Maya to follow his point up with a fact about the dogs intelligence levels. He didn't push his previous point, instead just giving a nod. "I think it might have been more." He wasn't much a little little kid person but... he wasn't sure 2 year old's seemed that smart. Dogs did, they could learn tricks and detect health abnormalities. That seemed far more useful than tiny humans. "What if krups are less intelligent?" Wouldn't that be something for the blood purists?

"If you ran away with Cora, I bet you could convince Aziel to take you sailing. As long as you didn't mind the millions of pictures Cora would take." Because their photographer cousin certainly would take advantage of another model, despite potentially less than enthusiastic than Lisa. "Actually.. I was thinking of asking Aziel to teach me how to sail. Why don't you learn with me over summer?" It could be like a sibling bonding experience, being Evan's last summer as a Hogwarts student and all. Bringing someone? Evan blinked - he was thinking of asking Jude if things were... less weird, but as friends only. And he was trying to establish if that would be too much but... he did know his friend wanted to see Korea. "I don't really know yet." Truthful answer. "... Are you?"