FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Hogwarts RPG

Students: 9872
Classes: 15
Professors: 12

View Points

Members

There are 1135 users online including...
LindaErali , Julikmc , PhoenixRising , Andreasdcq

7 members
1128 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Kamran Kazmi's Reign > Term 62: September - December 2022

Term 62: September - December 2022 Term Sixty-Two: The Gift of the Peeves (Sept 2108 - June 2109)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2022, 05:26 PM

Default Hog's Head

The Hog's Head, positioned at the top of a side-street, has a rather dodgy reputation. Over the door, hanging from a rusty bracket, is a battered wooden sign painted with a severed head of a wild boar that creaks in the wind -- and sometimes even when there is no wind. It is difficult taking a good look inside the shop from out in the street as the bay windows are covered in filth and probably haven't been cleaned in decades, maybe even centuries.

For those with the guts to enter the pub, one might not be surprised to see the place is filthy. The stone floor of the place is so dirty that it looks as though there is not a floor at all, and it is difficult to tell whether or not the rough wooden tables are clean as they have nothing except the stubs of candles sitting upon their surfaces. In spite of how shady the place looks, those who do come here are in for a treat as the bartender knows how to serve a mighty good meal.

Text Cut: Menu

Text Cut:
Hog's Head Menu

Drinks
  • Butterbeer
  • Apple juice
  • Orange juice
  • Pumpkin juice
  • Tea (herbal, green, or black)
  • Hot chocolate
  • Eggnog
  • Milk
  • Water

Food
  • Steak and kidney pie
  • Tripe
  • Flobberworm fritter
  • Lamb chop
  • Shepherd's pie
  • Stoat sandwich
  • Mystery meat lasagne
  • Black pudding
  • Roast chicken
  • Sandwiches (club, turkey, chicken, ham, roast beef)
  • Boiled potatoes
  • Baked potatoes
  • Cabbage salad

Specialty
Must be of age to order
  • Elderflower wine
  • Gillywater
  • Mulled mead
  • Ogden's Old Firewhiskey
  • Redcurrant rum
  • Stinging nettle wine

Dessert
  • Apple pie
  • Chocolate eclairs
  • Custard tart
  • Ice cream (vanilla)
  • Jam doughnut
  • Treacle tart
  • Chocolate trifle
Old 03-09-2022, 01:26 AM   #2 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries
Default Ashley!

Violet had stocked up on writing supplies and chocolate and by now was ready to venture somewhere in the village that she'd never been to before. The Hog's Head looked somewhat seedy from the outside, but an writer couldn't avoid the nitty-gritty of life, after all--look at all the material she'd gotten that year with her father in New York, dodging in and out of hotels, both posh and shabby. Besides, she was an adult now, by both Wizard and Muggle standards. So, throwing back her shoulders and raising her chin, she pushed open the door and went inside.

Ugh! The place was filthy! And dark, too. Peering around, Violet tried to see if there was anyone else there. She debated over whether or not it was really safe to eat there, but, patting the potion remedy for food poisoning that she carried in an inside pocket, she decided to risk it. So she stepped up to the counter and ordered a lamb chop, boiled potatoes, and cabbage salad, with a Butterbeer on the side. Then she went to sit down in a booth, taking the precaution of wiping off the seat and table with a handkerchief before taking her seat.
Old 03-09-2022, 01:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

Ash was good at ignoring appearance. Cause she looked rather... well, she hadn't put as much effort into her appearance lately. She didn't look bad, but there was just something off about her whole vibe. Maybe her hair was a little messier than usual, and her makeup a little less put-together. Her clothes were nice though.

But that wasn't important. The important thing was that this place looked awful but served great food, and she could avoid people as a nice bonus. She ordered a hot chocolate, a jam doughnut, and a chicken sandwich, not really caring if those things went together or not.

Ash collected her food and looked for a place to sit. In the dim light, her eyes settled on Violet(so much for avoiding people), and she eventually sat down near her friend. Only after quietly using a little spellwork to make her seat cleaner. No use ruining her new clothes.

"Hey Violet. Haven't seen you here before."
Old 03-10-2022, 12:53 AM   #4 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
Ash collected her food and looked for a place to sit. In the dim light, her eyes settled on Violet(so much for avoiding people), and she eventually sat down near her friend. Only after quietly using a little spellwork to make her seat cleaner. No use ruining her new clothes.

"Hey Violet. Haven't seen you here before."
Violet had been caught up in discovering how good her food was and didn't notice Ash come in. She couldn't put her finger on it, but something seemed to be up with her friend this term. Violet wondered if something had happened over one of the holidays.

"Oh, hi, Ash...ley," Violet replied, still not remembering whether or not the younger girl preferred people to use her full name or not. It was best to err on the side of caution and not get on her nerves. "No, I've never been here before, I thought I should try a new experience today. But the food is surprisingly good!" Violet paused to take a drink of her pumpkin juice and then cleared her throat cautiously. "So, how's it going? Everything all right this year?"
Old 03-11-2022, 01:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

SPOILER!!: Writer friend
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
Violet had been caught up in discovering how good her food was and didn't notice Ash come in. She couldn't put her finger on it, but something seemed to be up with her friend this term. Violet wondered if something had happened over one of the holidays.

"Oh, hi, Ash...ley," Violet replied, still not remembering whether or not the younger girl preferred people to use her full name or not. It was best to err on the side of caution and not get on her nerves. "No, I've never been here before, I thought I should try a new experience today. But the food is surprisingly good!" Violet paused to take a drink of her pumpkin juice and then cleared her throat cautiously. "So, how's it going? Everything all right this year?"

"The food here is quite good," Ash agreed, not really eating any of her food(she didn't feel like it right now) but sipping her hot chocolate occasionally. "And it's a good place to be by yourself. Cause it's dark, and not everyone can look past the creepy exterior and get inside anyway." She grinned briefly. "Good place. You should come back again. I come here a lot." Not just to hide. The food was good.

"I'm fine. As always." About as fine as Hogwarts was(not very, but she hadn't disintegrated yet). She picked up her sandwich and took a few bites of it, not really feeling hungry but appreciating that the food was good. "How's your year going, Violet?" No, Ash was not being evasive and redirecting the conversation(kind of true?). She wasn't known to do that or anything(not true). In fact, Ash had never avoided a question in her whole entire life(not true).She just cared about Violet and wanted to know how her writer friend was doing(true).
Old 03-12-2022, 10:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
"The food here is quite good," Ash agreed, not really eating any of her food(she didn't feel like it right now) but sipping her hot chocolate occasionally. "And it's a good place to be by yourself. Cause it's dark, and not everyone can look past the creepy exterior and get inside anyway."...
Violet chewed her food, using the pause as an opportunity to further examine her friend, who, Violet felt, did not look fine at all, despite the other girl's assurances. Also, despite her praise of the food (which really was quite good), Ash herself was not eating much. Hmmm...Violet wondered what could be wrong with her. Sure, there were odd things happening around the castle (as usual), but they were common to everyone, not just Ash, and the chaos was certainly not as bad as some of the previous years. Still, Violet hesitated to press too hard right now; Ashley was known to cut and run if you pried too hard, too fast.

"Not just a good place to be alone," Violet finally replied, "but to observe other people." Let Ashley make of that what she would. "And, things are going all right--pretty well, actually, except for the weird things...well, you know all about those. Oh, I got stuck in the Slytherin Common room the other day and was late for class," Violet added. "The door wouldn't open. Again." Violet didn't like to dwell on that--not being able to get into the Slytherin rooms was bad enough, but being trapped inside and not able to get out had been a little scary for a while--it had brought back submerged fears of being locked in that sub-dungeon by the Neo-Alliance that Violet hadn't even realized were there.
Old 03-13-2022, 10:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

SPOILER!!: Violet
Quote:
Violet chewed her food, using the pause as an opportunity to further examine her friend, who, Violet felt, did not look fine at all, despite the other girl's assurances. Also, despite her praise of the food (which really was quite good), Ash herself was not eating much. Hmmm...Violet wondered what could be wrong with her. Sure, there were odd things happening around the castle (as usual), but they were common to everyone, not just Ash, and the chaos was certainly not as bad as some of the previous years. Still, Violet hesitated to press too hard right now; Ashley was known to cut and run if you pried too hard, too fast.

"Not just a good place to be alone," Violet finally replied, "but to observe other people." Let Ashley make of that what she would. "And, things are going all right--pretty well, actually, except for the weird things...well, you know all about those. Oh, I got stuck in the Slytherin Common room the other day and was late for class," Violet added. "The door wouldn't open. Again." Violet didn't like to dwell on that--not being able to get into the Slytherin rooms was bad enough, but being trapped inside and not able to get out had been a little scary for a while--it had brought back submerged fears of being locked in that sub-dungeon by the Neo-Alliance that Violet hadn't even realized were there.

There was (arguably) nothing wrong with Ash, or at least nothing that was easily fixed, so Violet need not worry about her. "You're right. Well... you'd need to be able to see them in this lighting first. It's kind of weird. Good place to hide, good place to find." Assuming you knew where to hide. Assuming you knew how to find. "I can't say I care that Hogwarts is malfunctioning, but I do wish it wasn't malfunctioning with us in it." She put her sandwich down. Then she reluctantly picked it back up again and determinedly ate the rest of it. It was good. "Sometimes the Ravenclaw knocker talks nonsense and I have to guess answers to common riddles. Or it just breaks, and I'm forced to sit there and stare at it. They need an inspector up here. Preferably not the dumb kind sent by the board last year." A real inspector.
Old 03-14-2022, 09:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Violet wasn't so sure she wanted an inspector, real or otherwise--she no longer trusted anything the Board of Governors did or anyone who was associated with them. But she definitely agreed that being a resident in a malfunctioning magical castle was not a good thing. She still felt uneasy every time she went to her own Common Room now, for fear that she would be unable to get out again.

"Yeah, the Slytherin room doesn't ask riddles, it just sticks shut and refuses to open. Bad enough when you're trying to get in, but getting stuck inside was pretty unnerving." Though Violet supposed she wouldn't have starved in there--as long as the House Elves could get in and out. Or could they?...

Violet took another bite while she mused on these unwelcome thoughts, and then looked up at Ashley, cleared her throat nervously, and started in on a topic she had been wanting to talk about to the other girl. "By the way, you know that story I was working on? The one I sent you over the summer? Well, I revised it a couple of times since then, and then, right after the Christmas break, I...I sent it off to a publisher." Violet was still very self-conscious about this--she hadn't even told her uncles about it, only Miss Howard, who had suggested it. But Violet was feeling a sense of dread, that the publisher would send it back with a scathing review and tell her she had no talent as a writer and had better give it up.
Old 03-15-2022, 05:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

SPOILER!!: Violet <3
Quote:
Violet wasn't so sure she wanted an inspector, real or otherwise--she no longer trusted anything the Board of Governors did or anyone who was associated with them. But she definitely agreed that being a resident in a malfunctioning magical castle was not a good thing. She still felt uneasy every time she went to her own Common Room now, for fear that she would be unable to get out again.

"Yeah, the Slytherin room doesn't ask riddles, it just sticks shut and refuses to open. Bad enough when you're trying to get in, but getting stuck inside was pretty unnerving." Though Violet supposed she wouldn't have starved in there--as long as the House Elves could get in and out. Or could they?...

Violet took another bite while she mused on these unwelcome thoughts, and then looked up at Ashley, cleared her throat nervously, and started in on a topic she had been wanting to talk about to the other girl. "By the way, you know that story I was working on? The one I sent you over the summer? Well, I revised it a couple of times since then, and then, right after the Christmas break, I...I sent it off to a publisher." Violet was still very self-conscious about this--she hadn't even told her uncles about it, only Miss Howard, who had suggested it. But Violet was feeling a sense of dread, that the publisher would send it back with a scathing review and tell her she had no talent as a writer and had better give it up.

"The Slytherin common room is underground too. By the lake. I never liked it down there." And down there did not mean the Slytherin common room. Not at all. Ash was referencing a different place entirely... She took a sip of cocoa to clear her mind. It worked. Kind of. "It wouldn't be nice if you were trapped in there. At least Ravenclaws get a tower with a view." Although that wasn't a great place to be when the castle collapsed either.

"Being trapped in doesn't really help my motivation. I lie in bed all day, and when I finally have the energy to get up, the door refuses to work." That was... unfortunate, to say the least. She took a few more bites of her food, slowly but surely getting through it. Perhaps she should have ordered a little more... she was hungrier than she thought. "Of course I remember your story." Ash remembered everything. And she purposely remembered things that were important to her friends. "Have you received a response yet? Or are you still waiting?" Ash really liked Violet's story, even(especially) if it was a little too close to home.
Old 03-16-2022, 06:58 PM   #10 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Violet felt the need to defend her common room, which members of other Houses tended to think was dark and gloomy, just because it was in the dungeons. Though she suspected that what Ash meant by 'down there' was referring to something else--the same something else that Violet had thought about when she was stuck that day. "Oh, the Common Room is nice, really--I was just upset because I thought I would be late for class...well, and also because I didn't know what was going on, and so I suspected some new thing was going wrong at Hogwarts," Violet replied. Which it was, really, if you put together all the things that were currently going wrong. "It's not dar, really--it has all this lighting, lamps and things. And we have a window that looks out on the Black Lake, but from underneath, you know? I like to sit there sometimes and just watch all the water creatures go by. The Great Squid comes by a lot--I think he thinks he's part of the House."

Violet considered Ashley's next question. "No, I haven't heard back yet. I expect they're busy, they must get a lot of submissions from people. I don't even know if they'll consider something from an unknown," she confessed. "It's not the first time I've sent anything in, you know. I sent some stuff in when I was younger--stupid stuff, you know, I read it over now and it was really awful! But I didn't know any better and I thought it was great stuff. They all got rejected, of course. One time one came back so fast that I doubt anyone read it at all." Violet smiled at her younger self. "But this is the first serious thing I've sent out--my first really...adult story, you know? Because I've always wanted to be a writer, so I figure I've got to try to get published some time, and I might as well start early as late."
Old 03-19-2022, 10:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

Quote:
Violet felt the need to defend her common room, which members of other Houses tended to think was dark and gloomy, just because it was in the dungeons. Though she suspected that what Ash meant by 'down there' was referring to something else--the same something else that Violet had thought about when she was stuck that day. "Oh, the Common Room is nice, really--I was just upset because I thought I would be late for class...well, and also because I didn't know what was going on, and so I suspected some new thing was going wrong at Hogwarts," Violet replied. Which it was, really, if you put together all the things that were currently going wrong. "It's not dar, really--it has all this lighting, lamps and things. And we have a window that looks out on the Black Lake, but from underneath, you know? I like to sit there sometimes and just watch all the water creatures go by. The Great Squid comes by a lot--I think he thinks he's part of the House."

Violet considered Ashley's next question. "No, I haven't heard back yet. I expect they're busy, they must get a lot of submissions from people. I don't even know if they'll consider something from an unknown," she confessed. "It's not the first time I've sent anything in, you know. I sent some stuff in when I was younger--stupid stuff, you know, I read it over now and it was really awful! But I didn't know any better and I thought it was great stuff. They all got rejected, of course. One time one came back so fast that I doubt anyone read it at all." Violet smiled at her younger self. "But this is the first serious thing I've sent out--my first really...adult story, you know? Because I've always wanted to be a writer, so I figure I've got to try to get published some time, and I might as well start early as late."

"I'm sure it's great." Ash had been deep underwater too many times. Sometimes imprisoned, sometimes drowning. But she supposed the Slytherin common room could have a nice view, especially with the giant squid there. And there was always something good about having your own space... Still. It was a silver lining of the castle, and the doors didn't even work right. "Something's always going wrong at Hogwarts." She couldn't think of a year where things had gone right in her personal life OR with the castle in general. That place was cursed(last year, it had been quite literally cursed). She couldn't wait to leave like many of her friends had. Only two years left.

"I think that's kind of cute. Sending in stupid stuff as a kid." Maybe the publishers didn't agree, but Ash just thought that it was nice younger Violet was so brave. She hoped her friend didn't lose that. "I like your story. I'd like to see it published." It had an important message, you know. And it would make a lot of people mad and uncomfortable. Ash would really like them to feel that way. 1. it would help them think for themselves and 2. Ash had a tiny(?) bit of spite left in her.
Old 03-23-2022, 08:33 PM   #12 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
"I'm sure it's great."
Violet caught the tone of voice in her friend's statement--it was the same tone most non-Slytherins used when talking about their dungeon common room. No one could believe how nice the Slytherin space really was--muted lighting, calm and elegant atmosphere, unbeforeseen glimpses of underwater life--it was the best, a refuge from the noise and drama of the rest of the castle. Well, that was just as well--it was their best-kept secret, and the forbidding outside kept interlopers out.

Violet was momentarily distracted by a scuttling sound high overhead, in the deep shadows of the rafters of the pub. Peering up, she couldn't quite see what, if anything, was up there, but she decided she was done eating and pushed her (by now mostly empty) plate away. Looking over at Ashley, Violet realized that once again the younger girl had gotten her taking about her own affairs and neatly avoided sharing any news about herself. "So, what's going on with you, Ashley?" she asked with more directness than a Slytherin normally liked. "Anything new?" Violet suspected there was something going on, but Ashley never confided much personal information. Violet waited to hear what Ashley would say, but suspected that she would once more sidestep the question and change the subject.
Old 03-24-2022, 02:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

Quote:
Violet caught the tone of voice in her friend's statement--it was the same tone most non-Slytherins used when talking about their dungeon common room. No one could believe how nice the Slytherin space really was--muted lighting, calm and elegant atmosphere, unbeforeseen glimpses of underwater life--it was the best, a refuge from the noise and drama of the rest of the castle. Well, that was just as well--it was their best-kept secret, and the forbidding outside kept interlopers out.

Violet was momentarily distracted by a scuttling sound high overhead, in the deep shadows of the rafters of the pub. Peering up, she couldn't quite see what, if anything, was up there, but she decided she was done eating and pushed her (by now mostly empty) plate away. Looking over at Ashley, Violet realized that once again the younger girl had gotten her taking about her own affairs and neatly avoided sharing any news about herself. "So, what's going on with you, Ashley?" she asked with more directness than a Slytherin normally liked. "Anything new?" Violet suspected there was something going on, but Ashley never confided much personal information. Violet waited to hear what Ashley would say, but suspected that she would once more sidestep the question and change the subject.

Ash did not bother to look up, despite also hearing the noise. It was a creepy place. That just happened sometimes. And to tell the truth, random creepy things didn't scare her. She was more likely to just get killed by a human. "Oh, I've just been spending lots of time studying. OWLs and stuff. You know. I've been practicing nonverbals as well. And I'm trying to produce a patronus too." That was all true, by the way. Although... it was highly unlikely that she was 'just' studying. Ashley Fox never spent her time on just one thing, ever. Especially not in the spring.

"It was my birthday recently. I'm sixteen now. Apparently." Not that Ash had planned anything special for herself or celebrated until Amabel and Sammy said they had something planned.

"I think my Father is getting married this summer." And Blake was going to Madrid, and Rett already left, and one of her friends was just straight-up dead, and the anniversary of the war was only a few days ago, and Ash really was quite stressed about owls. "Everything is stressful and a little upsetting right now." There. She said it. She didn't even try to lie.
Old 03-24-2022, 06:24 PM   #14 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

SPOILER!!: Ashley
Quote:
Ash did not bother to look up, despite also hearing the noise. It was a creepy place. That just happened sometimes. And to tell the truth, random creepy things didn't scare her. She was more likely to just get killed by a human. "Oh, I've just been spending lots of time studying. OWLs and stuff. You know. I've been practicing nonverbals as well. And I'm trying to produce a patronus too." That was all true, by the way. Although... it was highly unlikely that she was 'just' studying. Ashley Fox never spent her time on just one thing, ever. Especially not in the spring.

"It was my birthday recently. I'm sixteen now. Apparently." Not that Ash had planned anything special for herself or celebrated until Amabel and Sammy said they had something planned.

"I think my Father is getting married this summer." And Blake was going to Madrid, and Rett already left, and one of her friends was just straight-up dead, and the anniversary of the war was only a few days ago, and Ash really was quite stressed about owls. "Everything is stressful and a little upsetting right now." There. She said it. She didn't even try to lie.

Oh yes. O.W.L.S. Violet had forgotten by now the stress of the past year, especially as she had been laboring under the after-effects of Poppy's potions, which apparently had caused some sort of allergic reaction in her. As it turned out, she had surprisingly managed to get ten of them, failing only Divination (no surprise) and Muggle Studies (a bit of a surprise, but probably inevitable).

"Oh yes, I'd forgotten about O.W.L.S. I know it's no help for someone to say this, but I'm sure you'll be fine, given that you've been working hard for the past 4 years. My brain was foggy for half of last year from Poppy's potions, and I still managed to do pretty well. I'm kind of in denial this year, but I suppose next year I'll be back to being stressed again over the N.E.W.T.S."

And--a birthday! Violet realized she hadn't even known when Ashley's birthday was, and thought she should have, so she could have gotten her something. "Merlin, I didn't even know it was your birthday, I'm sorry." Violet decided she was a terrible friend and that was probably why she didn't have so many. "Let me buy your lunch, for a present," she offered, trying to make up for it. "I just turned eighteen myself back in October--I'm a year behind everyone in my class, it's kind of awkward." Though Violet had finally come to terms with that awkwardness and was just waiting until she graduated and didn't have to worry about being the same age as the people she worked with any more. "Did you know that the Elves will bake you your own special little cake if you tell them it's your birthday?" This still amazed Violet, although she hadn't taken up Jude's suggestion when it came down to it, choosing only to ask for crumpets and some nice Assam tea.
Old 06-13-2022, 06:55 AM   #15 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default hey now, hey now, this is an oooooooooopen pooooooooost
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

It was a curious name for the establishment considering that nothing about the exterior particularly struck her as looking much like the head of a hog minus the sign hanging outside of it. She also had had a good ponder of a minute and a half as to whether or not there was a correlation to Hogwarts before recalling that a hogwart was a flower and the school had not been inspired by a warty hog.

Mitsuki had stepped on three twigs while on her way to Hogsmeade, which was a clear indication that she should enter one of the village's shops she had not last year. A little snow flake had brought her here, its pleasant form now absorbed by the rest of the frost on the window. A head tilt or three later and the Ravenclaw was pulling open the door and stepping inside where she then stood and simply waited for another indication of what to do.

So much dust in here...it looked almost like the Spirit Room or a Death Day Party.

She liked it.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
Old 06-16-2022, 01:48 AM   #16 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
It was a curious name for the establishment considering that nothing about the exterior particularly struck her as looking much like the head of a hog minus the sign hanging outside of it. She also had had a good ponder of a minute and a half as to whether or not there was a correlation to Hogwarts before recalling that a hogwart was a flower and the school had not been inspired by a warty hog.

Mitsuki had stepped on three twigs while on her way to Hogsmeade, which was a clear indication that she should enter one of the village's shops she had not last year. A little snow flake had brought her here, its pleasant form now absorbed by the rest of the frost on the window. A head tilt or three later and the Ravenclaw was pulling open the door and stepping inside where she then stood and simply waited for another indication of what to do.

So much dust in here...it looked almost like the Spirit Room or a Death Day Party.

She liked it.
Rhett was always eager for the freedom a Hogsmeade weekend provided. Most of the time he didn't have a plan in mind and today was no exception. He simply followed the crowd into the village with coins in his pocket and just decided to wing it in terms of what to do once he got there. Most of the shops were pretty cool so maybe he'd buy something or maybe he'd just get something to eat.

But before he could decide on any particular shop, he noticed a familiar figure who seemed to be on a very purposeful path and he was drawn to follow her. Mitsuki was always up to something. And he wasn't disappointed to see where she was heading and he stepped into the Hogs Head behind her.

The Hogs Head seemed like a very grown up place and almost dangerous, which made it extra cool. In fact, he voiced that opinion. "Cool!" he exclaimed as he peered around from behind her. It was dirty and grimy and looked like a place for criminals to hang out. "Are you going to get something to eat in here?" he asked the girl in front of him. Or was she just curious about what this place looked like from the inside?

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line
Old 06-18-2022, 10:46 AM   #17 (permalink)

Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12

Ironically, though for very VERY different reasons, Mitsuki was on the same wavelength as her friend with his enthusiasm. But she was exuding it, even if externally she looked her usual indifferent and collected self. The cobwebs in particular caught her attention and she admired the way the breeze caused them to sway. It was pleasant, calming, and her hand felt no reason to slip into her pocket again for any salt.

Or...maybe she did. Rhett was prone to misfortune and needed every bit of help.

"Do they serve food for the living here?" she asked, speaking with conviction as she entirely slipped into the belief that this was an establishment for ghosts, spirits, and spectres. "It seems the sort of establishment that only serves food that is rotten and rancid."

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
Old 06-22-2022, 10:42 PM   #18 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection

x12 x5

Quote:
Ironically, though for very VERY different reasons, Mitsuki was on the same wavelength as her friend with his enthusiasm. But she was exuding it, even if externally she looked her usual indifferent and collected self. The cobwebs in particular caught her attention and she admired the way the breeze caused them to sway. It was pleasant, calming, and her hand felt no reason to slip into her pocket again for any salt.

Or...maybe she did. Rhett was prone to misfortune and needed every bit of help.

"Do they serve food for the living here?" she asked, speaking with conviction as she entirely slipped into the belief that this was an establishment for ghosts, spirits, and spectres. "It seems the sort of establishment that only serves food that is rotten and rancid."
"For the living?" Rhett echoed Mitsuki as he slipped past her through the doorway and looked around as he headed towards a table. "Yeah, of course," he answered confidently, even though he couldn't know for sure having never been here before. "Come on."

"They probably do serve rancid and rotten food too," he added loud enough to offend any employee near by before taking a seat. He'd agree with her there - it did look like a shady kind of place whose food might be suspect, but that kind of made it cool too. "I bet this is the place criminals go to when they want a hot meal. I be every dark wizard who went to Hogwarts came here on their Hogsmeade weekends."

_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line
Old 06-28-2022, 05:01 AM   #19 (permalink)

Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12

She had no reason to not believe Rhett knew what he was talking about, particularly when he had such a confident tone and was
even taking the initiative to find them a table. "How hospitable of them," she mused while taking a couple of hurried steps to fall in stride with him. She was, of course, meaning the ghosts that clearly ran this establishment.

Mitsuki was curious as to why he always felt such a need to speak so loudly. Perhaps he was a little hard of hearing and therefore he did not realize the volume with which he spoke. She did not mind so much - it always made it easy to find him in a crowd now that she could not rely solely on his hair color as a distinguisher.

"What makes you think that?" she asked as she slipped into the seat beside him and watched a granddaddy longlegs lank its way across the table.

Old 07-01-2022, 03:54 AM   #20 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection

x12 x5

Quote:
She had no reason to not believe Rhett knew what he was talking about, particularly when he had such a confident tone and was
even taking the initiative to find them a table. "How hospitable of them," she mused while taking a couple of hurried steps to fall in stride with him. She was, of course, meaning the ghosts that clearly ran this establishment.

Mitsuki was curious as to why he always felt such a need to speak so loudly. Perhaps he was a little hard of hearing and therefore he did not realize the volume with which he spoke. She did not mind so much - it always made it easy to find him in a crowd now that she could not rely solely on his hair color as a distinguisher.

"What makes you think that?" she asked as she slipped into the seat beside him and watched a granddaddy longlegs lank its way across the table.
"Yeah, I guess," Rhett shrugged, not realizing Mitsuki was talking about ghosts. He was speaking more to the overall hospitality here, which he knew nothing of, having never visited the place. "I suppose we'll find out soon enough." Hopefully the waitstaff was mannerly, but somehow he doubted it by the looks of the place.

"Huh?" He drew his attention away from the spider on the table back to his tablemate. "Oh I dunno. Don't you think so?" He looked around the place. "It's shady-looking and there are a lot of shadows. Good places to hide. Criminals don't like to get caught, so.." This was Rhett logic. Where else would criminals eat?

Old 07-07-2022, 01:49 AM   #21 (permalink)

Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12

It was uncanny how they never seemed to be on the same page, let alone in the same library, as one another and yet perfectly capable of having a conversation and what one might constitute as quality time together. Mitsuki did not really consider any of this, and she had no reason to believe he was not thinking of the same things she was, and had simply become to enjoy his company and antics. Even when they were louder than necessary - currently this was not a concern.

Laying her hand along the edge of the table so the spider could crawl on to her hand if it so desired, she pressed her lips together to form a thin line and weighed his words a bit. "I think correlation does not imply causation," she replied simply, echoing what she had said numerous times in History of Magic lessons this term. It was so peculiar how so many seemed insistent on them being the same thing. "Literature stresses the duality of light and darkness to emphasize the presence of a shadow and similar dark forces, but I do not think darkness and shadow means something malicious lurks. Humanity fears the darkness, and so it scrapes away at the edges of it with fire. It creates life by diminishing the darkness."

There was almost a smile on her face as the spider climbed on to her hand and tickled her skin ever so slightly.

"Do they offer pudding here?"

Old 07-16-2022, 03:20 AM   #22 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection

x12 x5

Quote:
It was uncanny how they never seemed to be on the same page, let alone in the same library, as one another and yet perfectly capable of having a conversation and what one might constitute as quality time together. Mitsuki did not really consider any of this, and she had no reason to believe he was not thinking of the same things she was, and had simply become to enjoy his company and antics. Even when they were louder than necessary - currently this was not a concern.

Laying her hand along the edge of the table so the spider could crawl on to her hand if it so desired, she pressed her lips together to form a thin line and weighed his words a bit. "I think correlation does not imply causation," she replied simply, echoing what she had said numerous times in History of Magic lessons this term. It was so peculiar how so many seemed insistent on them being the same thing. "Literature stresses the duality of light and darkness to emphasize the presence of a shadow and similar dark forces, but I do not think darkness and shadow means something malicious lurks. Humanity fears the darkness, and so it scrapes away at the edges of it with fire. It creates life by diminishing the darkness."

There was almost a smile on her face as the spider climbed on to her hand and tickled her skin ever so slightly.

"Do they offer pudding here?"
Rhett also never really considered that they might not be on the same page, book, or library any time they spoke. He just thought Mitsuki was really smart, even if some of the things she said were really out there and way beyond his comprehension at times, but he always thought they were talking about the same things. She just had a different perspective which he was somehow always open to hearing about.

He was still mildly distracted watching the spider crawl across the table and onto Mitsuki's hand. Rhett had no aversion nor special interest for spiders, it was just something that caught his attention for now and so it took him an extra moment to process all that she was saying. Which would have already taken him some extra time because she seemed even more philosophical than usual.

".....what?" The third year looked up with a confused look, not sure he understood any of that. Or at least a good deal of that. "Yeah, but have you ever seen a scary movie or been to a haunted house? There is a lot of darkness and shadows for good reason. Sometimes there is something bad or malicious. It's creepy." Creepy could be fun though and cool. This place was definitely that and the shadows just added to the atmosphere.

He shrugged at her question, truly not knowing as he hadn't been here before, but then he nodded with confidence. It stood to reason that they would have pudding as much as any other restaurant. "Sure, let's get dessert." And he tried to get the attention of... was there waitstaff here? "Do you see a waiter?"

Old 07-20-2022, 04:53 AM   #23 (permalink)

Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12

Different libraries on different continents at times. Yet conversation still managed itself. People were curious like that.

Turning her hand slowly while the spider crept, she considered his question a bit and was fondly reminded of how Mercer had hidden himself within the couch in the common room in attempt to scare her. It had not worked, if anything she had been disappointed that the disembodied voice had belonged to her best friend and not the mysterious entity who had wished to play, and it had not entirely crossed her mind that these things he spoke of as being scary and spooky were the opposite to her. Still, she considered his question and answered with a very simple, "Yes I have." Though she disagreed with the majority of what he said next. There were more pressing topics at hand.

Like dessert. And hopefully some non-elusive pudding.

Lowering her hand back down to the table to she spider could retreat, she looked around and (still very much under the impression that this was an establishment for ghosts, spectres, and spirits) saw no one that classified as a waiter. "I do not. But they will not let us see them unless they wish to be seen."

A perk of being translucent, she supposed.

Old 07-29-2022, 12:29 AM   #24 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection

x12 x5

"Yeah, see?" Rhett nodded, completely confident that Mitsuki was agreeing with him by her answer. It might have been short and not at all explanatory, but simply the fact that she said yes seemed to imply agreement. Besides, he thought he had made a very valid point and would have a hard time understanding how anyone could disagree.

"......" Rhett turned his attention from looking for a waiter to Mitsuki. "Unless they wish to be seen? But that's literally their job." Rhett was astounded. What kind of place was this? He'd never heard of a restaurant conducting their business in that manner. "That is really terrible customer service." Just saying.