FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Hogwarts RPG

Students: 9872
Classes: 15
Professors: 12

View Points

Members

There are 1031 users online including...
Eldareyz , Andreasimj , Eldarnkg , Eldarflx , Chelliephone , Andreasjil , Eldarqlg , Natashaecv , Kimothy , Eldarnse

14 members
1017 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Ministry of Magic

Ministry of Magic Beneath the heart of London lies the wizarding government. Access to the Ministry is a fireplace, toilet, or telephone box away.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2021, 03:02 AM

Default Lifts to Access Other Levels

The Atrium lifts are constantly in motion as they are the only lifts that are used by every member, even on the slowest of days you'll be hard pressed to find an empty lift. These lifts will take you to any level in the Ministry with the exception of level ten. You'll have to hop off the lifts and take the stairs to reach the courtrooms. Keep in mind that the lifts move diagonally, horizontally, and a few other directions as well as vertically, so you'll need to hang on when riding.

With no benches in the vicinity, there are more wizards and witches than usual propped up against the walls and standing around waiting for a lift, along with extra prattle. Be careful when stepping on (or off) the lifts, and make sure to press the button that leads to your destined level, else you'll find yourself heading to the wrong department.
Old 08-12-2021, 09:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Default Gunnar 'ole buddy 'ole pal
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

It was an early end of the day, early enough most were likely just heading to another level to continue working. Not him. This was it for him. The thing with part time was, he no longer really felt like he worked here. No sooner had he gotten here, it was always time to leave and save for the aurors and hit wizards who came and left, he seemed to always be the only one leaving at this hour. It created the sort of gap he couldn't readily ignore and the streets of London, empty as they tended to be this time of day only made it more apparent.

With a heavy sigh, Kodee entered the empty lift that opened for him. Back to that place, the organised activities, the people milling around because there was nowhere else to be.

Always such a joy.

He supposed the alternative was no better, under the circumstances, but it didn't make him any happier about the whole thing.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

DaniDiNardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 05:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
It was an early end of the day, early enough most were likely just heading to another level to continue working. Not him. This was it for him. The thing with part time was, he no longer really felt like he worked here. No sooner had he gotten here, it was always time to leave and save for the aurors and hit wizards who came and left, he seemed to always be the only one leaving at this hour. It created the sort of gap he couldn't readily ignore and the streets of London, empty as they tended to be this time of day only made it more apparent.

With a heavy sigh, Kodee entered the empty lift that opened for him. Back to that place, the organised activities, the people milling around because there was nowhere else to be.

Always such a joy.

He supposed the alternative was no better, under the circumstances, but it didn't make him any happier about the whole thing.
"Hold the door!" Gunnar called out just behind someone entering the lift as he advanced to enter it himself. He'd prefer not to wait for the next lift as it felt like he was always busy with some task or another while at the Ministry, though it felt more like grunt work right now. But he supposed that was because he was just starting out here, even though he was educated and not here straight out of Hogwarts like several in his department. He couldn't say he didn't enjoy his job though, and he was sure it was only a matter of time that he'd move up the ladder.

"Oh, hey, Kodee," he shot his friend a small smile upon realizing it was him who he was behind when he entered the lift, pleasantly surprised to share the ride with him. "Headed out for the day?" Not that he couldn't have business on a different level and he very well may have, but being privy to other information, his assumption was more likely.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line
emjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 04:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
"Hold the door!" Gunnar called out just behind someone entering the lift as he advanced to enter it himself. He'd prefer not to wait for the next lift as it felt like he was always busy with some task or another while at the Ministry, though it felt more like grunt work right now. But he supposed that was because he was just starting out here, even though he was educated and not here straight out of Hogwarts like several in his department. He couldn't say he didn't enjoy his job though, and he was sure it was only a matter of time that he'd move up the ladder.

"Oh, hey, Kodee," he shot his friend a small smile upon realizing it was him who he was behind when he entered the lift, pleasantly surprised to share the ride with him. "Headed out for the day?" Not that he couldn't have business on a different level and he very well may have, but being privy to other information, his assumption was more likely.
It was weird, being both thrilled to see someone and yet, feeling a terrible dread in the pit of his stomach. That seemed the only thing that greeted him every time he ran into his friends anymore. They knew, he was sure they did. One way or another his friends were aware his life was in a near constant free fall he was having issues coming back from. By comparison, most of them had already begun getting their lives in order and knew what they were about. It made it...difficult to know where he fit in the grander scheme of things.

He managed a smile, it more being the sheer happiness of seeing his friend, something the apprehension could not completely remove.

"I...yeah. Already wrapped up for the day so heading back..." He didn't think he needed to say where. In his mind, Gunnar already knew and beyond that, Kodee didn't think he could bring himself to say it.

"What about you? Got anything exciting happening over at creatures today? New break outs--did they ever find those dragons? Wish I'd get assignments like that. Beats the hell out of paperwork any day of the week." As it turned out, his mood was not enough to prevent the rambling he tended to fall into. A good sign? He was still waiting to see.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

Old 08-24-2021, 01:52 AM   #5 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection

x12 x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
It was weird, being both thrilled to see someone and yet, feeling a terrible dread in the pit of his stomach. That seemed the only thing that greeted him every time he ran into his friends anymore. They knew, he was sure they did. One way or another his friends were aware his life was in a near constant free fall he was having issues coming back from. By comparison, most of them had already begun getting their lives in order and knew what they were about. It made it...difficult to know where he fit in the grander scheme of things.

He managed a smile, it more being the sheer happiness of seeing his friend, something the apprehension could not completely remove.

"I...yeah. Already wrapped up for the day so heading back..." He didn't think he needed to say where. In his mind, Gunnar already knew and beyond that, Kodee didn't think he could bring himself to say it.

"What about you? Got anything exciting happening over at creatures today? New break outs--did they ever find those dragons? Wish I'd get assignments like that. Beats the hell out of paperwork any day of the week." As it turned out, his mood was not enough to prevent the rambling he tended to fall into. A good sign? He was still waiting to see.
Gunnar did know quite a bit about what was going on in Kodee's life, but he also knew he was making progress towards getting his life back on track and that was important. He might not have agreed with many of his past choices, but he was trying to be a supportive friend now.

"Ah, right, okay," he nodded, figuring he did know where Kodee was headed next if he was done for the day. He didn't find it necessary to elaborate or ask more about it. "Have a good rest of your day then."

"Eh.. not really," he shrugged when the conversation turned to his own level. "I mean, it's cool and all, but a lot of my work right now seems to be errand running. Maybe it's because I'm new." He would hope. He didn't like the thought of his education being a waste. Hopefully it would get more exciting or feel more purposeful. "I didn't get to help with the dragons, but that seems to be taken care of now." That would have been an assignment he was sure he would have enjoyed.

_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line
Old 08-24-2021, 04:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

Quote:
Gunnar did know quite a bit about what was going on in Kodee's life, but he also knew he was making progress towards getting his life back on track and that was important. He might not have agreed with many of his past choices, but he was trying to be a supportive friend now.

"Ah, right, okay," he nodded, figuring he did know where Kodee was headed next if he was done for the day. He didn't find it necessary to elaborate or ask more about it. "Have a good rest of your day then."

"Eh.. not really," he shrugged when the conversation turned to his own level. "I mean, it's cool and all, but a lot of my work right now seems to be errand running. Maybe it's because I'm new." He would hope. He didn't like the thought of his education being a waste. Hopefully it would get more exciting or feel more purposeful. "I didn't get to help with the dragons, but that seems to be taken care of now." That would have been an assignment he was sure he would have enjoyed.

There was very little chance he would enjoy the rest of his day. It would be slow, he would be forced into activities he'd rather claw his eyes out than sit through, there would be too many people he didn't care about surrounding him and he wouldn't have the space or the ability to get himself going the way he would've liked.

"Maybe it is because you're new. What's the official title you've got over there again?" He was sure he'd been told, or sure it had come up but he was drawing a blank in the moment. "My job's nothing but errand running. Coffee runs, calendar planning, meetings, note taking." It wasn't at all a fit for someone who tended to jump right out of his skin when he was made to sit still for too long but there it was. "But it's nice having my mates around. Leaving school...everything felt scattered and everyone was going their own way but now we're back together mostly." Al, he could see after work--not anytime soon but for the sake of his own health, that was probably for the best.

Honestly, his friends being there was the only reason he kept the job--that and it provided much needed structure he'd lost when he left Hogwarts.

There was a moment of hesitation as he questioned whether to ask, but in the end, he needed to know. "You haven't...you haven't heard anything from Mackenzie, have you?" The day she'd yelled at him was the last he'd heard from her. Reaching out hadn't done him any good, there was never a response. He just wanted to know she was okay.

Old 08-07-2022, 12:17 AM   #7 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection

x12 x5

Kendra probably knew where she was headed when she first got onto the lifts. And it was likely something work related on another level. But work related thoughts grew dimmer as watery thoughts of the ocean deep grew louder. It created a longing in her heart, so overwhelming she couldn't help herself but to sing.

She opened her mouth to sing, but all that came out was a SCREEEEEEEEEECH, belted loud and soulful. If one could get past the ear-splitting, grating sound, one might realize it had enough melody to be a song. But withstanding such noise was a feat in itself.

Now Kendra had exactly one destination in mind.

Old 08-07-2022, 12:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default Hi, Kendra ^_^
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

Brody was… coping without having Gabriel around. He missed his boyfriend a great deal but Brody had been spending an increased amount of time with Gabriel’s mother and sister. This actually helped him and he supposed it worked the other way around too: he was helping Mama Melo and Isabelle. The Consulate got onto the elevator, a file held open in his hands because he had chosen to get some work done on the go. Recognising Kendra he gave her a smile in greeting. These days he hardly spoke; it was only done when necessary. Once in the lift, his head once again bent over the file but the words and images on the pages seem to be a blur.

He wished desperately that he knew that Gabe was okay and not for the first time, he silently cursed at the Merpeople. Not for the first time Brody also wished he had gone against his instinct of maintaining diplomacy and Gabe’s warning of doing anything rash to just fight that merguard. And what on earth had been stolen from the underwater dwellers? Surely they were mistaken and had acted rash-

Brody was jolted from his thoughts as his head whipped in the direction of the horrible screech. Merlin! He thought his eardrums would explode. The file slipped from his grasp as he hurriedly covered his ears with his hands. “Kendra!’’ he shouted, trying to get her attention.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 09:30 PM   #9 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection

x12 x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Brody was… coping without having Gabriel around. He missed his boyfriend a great deal but Brody had been spending an increased amount of time with Gabriel’s mother and sister. This actually helped him and he supposed it worked the other way around too: he was helping Mama Melo and Isabelle. The Consulate got onto the elevator, a file held open in his hands because he had chosen to get some work done on the go. Recognising Kendra he gave her a smile in greeting. These days he hardly spoke; it was only done when necessary. Once in the lift, his head once again bent over the file but the words and images on the pages seem to be a blur.

He wished desperately that he knew that Gabe was okay and not for the first time, he silently cursed at the Merpeople. Not for the first time Brody also wished he had gone against his instinct of maintaining diplomacy and Gabe’s warning of doing anything rash to just fight that merguard. And what on earth had been stolen from the underwater dwellers? Surely they were mistaken and had acted rash-

Brody was jolted from his thoughts as his head whipped in the direction of the horrible screech. Merlin! He thought his eardrums would explode. The file slipped from his grasp as he hurriedly covered his ears with his hands. “Kendra!’’ he shouted, trying to get her attention.
To be honest, the department head hadn't even noticed that there was anyone else on the lifts. And even if she had, it likely wouldn't have stopped her from singing with such passion and vigor. This song felt like it came from her very soul! And she was simply compelled to sing.

"IIIIeeeeeEEEEEiiiIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeee IIIEEEE" she continued to screech, though to the woman the tune was just as soulful and striking as she was. She only paused briefly when she heard another voice, sharply calling a name, her name. And even though she turned to face the man - perhaps she would have recognized him under different circumstances - he did not call to her soul like this song did. So she continued to sing. Directly to him.

"AAAAAaaaaaaaaIIIiiiiEEEEEeeiiiieeeIIIIIIIIIIIeeee aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Would he like to sing along?

Last edited by emjay; 08-11-2022 at 09:43 PM.
Old 08-13-2022, 10:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Kendra! <3
Quote:
To be honest, the department head hadn't even noticed that there was anyone else on the lifts. And even if she had, it likely wouldn't have stopped her from singing with such passion and vigor. This song felt like it came from her very soul! And she was simply compelled to sing.

"IIIIeeeeeEEEEEiiiIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeee IIIEEEE" she continued to screech, though to the woman the tune was just as soulful and striking as she was. She only paused briefly when she heard another voice, sharply calling a name, her name. And even though she turned to face the man - perhaps she would have recognized him under different circumstances - he did not call to her soul like this song did. So she continued to sing. Directly to him.

"AAAAAaaaaaaaaIIIiiiiEEEEEeeiiiieeeIIIIIIIIIIIeeee aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Would he like to sing along?

Clearly Kendra did not recognise him. Or maybe her screeching had too much of a hold on her that prevented that? That was the least of Brody’s concern. Also at the bottom of the list was him wanting to join in such an um, unspectacular display of talent. It was with a screwed up face that the man lowered his hands from his ears. Merlin! That was awful! And loud!

Did he mention awful?

Brody jabbed a thumb at the button on the elevator wall which was designated for the Atrium. The Healer Station. The Consulate wanted to get Kendra there. That just left the question: how did he get her to cooperate? Impatiently, and half deaf, he jammed his thumb at the button once more as his mind raced. Then he wondered…

Would she follow him to the Station if he joined in on this screeching?

Ugh. He’d have to try. As the lift came to a halt and the doors slid open to the Atrium, Brody began copying Kendra’s ‘song’ but in a softer tone. "IIIIeeeeeEEEEEiiiIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeee eeee IIIEEEE.” Great Scott! He sounded and felt ridiculous! But he stepped out of the lift and motioned her to follow.

Old 08-21-2022, 03:21 PM   #11 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection

x12 x5

Quote:

Clearly Kendra did not recognise him. Or maybe her screeching had too much of a hold on her that prevented that? That was the least of Brody’s concern. Also at the bottom of the list was him wanting to join in such an um, unspectacular display of talent. It was with a screwed up face that the man lowered his hands from his ears. Merlin! That was awful! And loud!

Did he mention awful?

Brody jabbed a thumb at the button on the elevator wall which was designated for the Atrium. The Healer Station. The Consulate wanted to get Kendra there. That just left the question: how did he get her to cooperate? Impatiently, and half deaf, he jammed his thumb at the button once more as his mind raced. Then he wondered…

Would she follow him to the Station if he joined in on this screeching?

Ugh. He’d have to try. As the lift came to a halt and the doors slid open to the Atrium, Brody began copying Kendra’s ‘song’ but in a softer tone. "IIIIeeeeeEEEEEiiiIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeee eeee IIIEEEE.” Great Scott! He sounded and felt ridiculous! But he stepped out of the lift and motioned her to follow.
Kendra was so consumed in her song that she hadn't noticed where Brody had directed the lift. But that would have been exactly where she had intended - the Atrium. Except not so much the Healer Station because she wasn't ill, she just needed the refreshing water of the fountain!

She continued her screechy song, pleased that he was harmonizing with her - even if the tune was slightly off. He was trying. Could he hear the call of the sea too? It beckoned her. It must have beckoned him too. And when the doors opened, she stepped off too and grabbed his hand, leading him towards the fountain.

Old 08-25-2022, 12:57 AM   #12 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
Kendra was so consumed in her song that she hadn't noticed where Brody had directed the lift. But that would have been exactly where she had intended - the Atrium. Except not so much the Healer Station because she wasn't ill, she just needed the refreshing water of the fountain!

She continued her screechy song, pleased that he was harmonizing with her - even if the tune was slightly off. He was trying. Could he hear the call of the sea too? It beckoned her. It must have beckoned him too. And when the doors opened, she stepped off too and grabbed his hand, leading him towards the fountain.

Brody just felt… out of place. Singing was not his forte and in any case, he was becoming more irritated at each passing second. Quite unlike his friend here, the sea was not calling to him nor was it beckoning him. He saw no line where the sky met the sea… long story short, this young man was not Moana of Motunui. Impatiently he tapped a foot on the ground, willing the lift to open. When it did, Brody hardly had any time to collect himself before Kendra had grabbed his hand and was leading him. It took him a second to realise that it was the wrong direction.

The Healer Station was not that way.

The Consulate allowed a few choice foul words to reverberate in his mind. “No, no. This way, Kendra!” He attempted to pull her in the direction he had in mind. “Um, your other friends have been practicing the song and are this way.” Cue him pointing in the general direction of the Station.

Old 08-27-2022, 08:11 PM   #13 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection

x12 x5

Quote:
Brody just felt… out of place. Singing was not his forte and in any case, he was becoming more irritated at each passing second. Quite unlike his friend here, the sea was not calling to him nor was it beckoning him. He saw no line where the sky met the sea… long story short, this young man was not Moana of Motunui. Impatiently he tapped a foot on the ground, willing the lift to open. When it did, Brody hardly had any time to collect himself before Kendra had grabbed his hand and was leading him. It took him a second to realise that it was the wrong direction.

The Healer Station was not that way.

The Consulate allowed a few choice foul words to reverberate in his mind. “No, no. This way, Kendra!” He attempted to pull her in the direction he had in mind. “Um, your other friends have been practicing the song and are this way.” Cue him pointing in the general direction of the Station.
Kendra could feel it in her very soul. She was so close to the water and she was merely steps away. Her singing had grown more urgent for a moment as she was tempted to run towards the fountain, but when she felt the tugging in the other direction, she was almost snapped out of her trance. Or at least she stopped singing momentarily as she gave Brody a confused look.

"What?" Her friends had been practicing singing? What on earth was he on about? She looked past his pointing to see the Healer Station and she shook her head. She wasn't ill, she was just on a mission. "No, I have somewhere important I must be." It was crucial that she get to the water and she shook off his hold on her, making haste towards the fountain. If he wanted to come with her, that was up to him. But she needed the water!

Old 08-30-2022, 12:14 AM   #14 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
Kendra could feel it in her very soul. She was so close to the water and she was merely steps away. Her singing had grown more urgent for a moment as she was tempted to run towards the fountain, but when she felt the tugging in the other direction, she was almost snapped out of her trance. Or at least she stopped singing momentarily as she gave Brody a confused look.

"What?" Her friends had been practicing singing? What on earth was he on about? She looked past his pointing to see the Healer Station and she shook her head. She wasn't ill, she was just on a mission. "No, I have somewhere important I must be." It was crucial that she get to the water and she shook off his hold on her, making haste towards the fountain. If he wanted to come with her, that was up to him. But she needed the water!

Brody felt he just might as well give up with trying to keep up with the singing. He was not making a fool of himself by keeping up with the almighty gusto manner in which Kendra was now singing. He was actually considering drastic measures to get her to the Healer’s Station - kinda, sorta kidnapping her. He was weighing his options when it registered where the Department Head was moving towards - the fountain. In that moment, something clicked.

That incident with Sophie months ago.

“How much water do you reckon you need to drink?” Brody followed Kendra, his mind processing this realisation. Fountain water was way, way better than toilet water. Would drinking the water let Kendra calm down? Was this how this worked? When someone started signing or screeching like Kendra had, it meant they had an unexplainable thirst? But more importantly…

Why did this happen in the first place?

Old 11-09-2022, 01:12 AM   #15 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Third Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Lisa had taken her lunchtime yoga routine outside to a nearby park, in order to enjoy the pleasantly sunny day. She thought it was always best to take advantage of happy accidents like cooperative weather or keeping to the knitting pattern despite a lapse of focus. She'd encountered the former a reasonable number of times, but was still waiting on the latter to drop into her life. Somehow every time her children or grandchildren were in the room, any knitting done ended up having to be unraveled.

Today though, the woman had some pep in her step as she waiting for the lift, yoga mat rolled and held against her shoulders. She finally felt in control as the new department head, and was caught up with all her urgent deadlines. Well, she had been before her lunch break, at least. Lisa smiled and hummed quietly as she waited for the arrival of the lift to take her to her level--which she knew was only one level away, but who could be bothered to walk when she'd already done her yoga for the day!?
Old 11-09-2022, 02:12 AM   #16 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
Lisa had taken her lunchtime yoga routine outside to a nearby park, in order to enjoy the pleasantly sunny day. She thought it was always best to take advantage of happy accidents like cooperative weather or keeping to the knitting pattern despite a lapse of focus. She'd encountered the former a reasonable number of times, but was still waiting on the latter to drop into her life. Somehow every time her children or grandchildren were in the room, any knitting done ended up having to be unraveled.

Today though, the woman had some pep in her step as she waiting for the lift, yoga mat rolled and held against her shoulders. She finally felt in control as the new department head, and was caught up with all her urgent deadlines. Well, she had been before her lunch break, at least. Lisa smiled and hummed quietly as she waited for the arrival of the lift to take her to her level--which she knew was only one level away, but who could be bothered to walk when she'd already done her yoga for the day!?

Simon had stopped down in the atrium to check out a few things, namely a note from one of his wand weighers. A issue averted and everything seemingly going well otherwise, the security head was ready to move on to another level to check…Games and Sports. Having been walking a bit, he opted for the lifts, especially when he spotted the form of a particular woman associated with said department. He was still getting used to not having Mariel and Victoria as head but the former had been gone for a bit and the latter was having a much deserved retirement.

“Good day, “ he greeted the department head with a smile as he came up beside her. A quick assessment certainly made it seem like it had been for her so far, he supposed the mat in her possession may have helped play a part. “Interesting coincidence, I was just heading your way.”
Old 11-14-2022, 03:03 AM   #17 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Third Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post

Simon had stopped down in the atrium to check out a few things, namely a note from one of his wand weighers. A issue averted and everything seemingly going well otherwise, the security head was ready to move on to another level to check…Games and Sports. Having been walking a bit, he opted for the lifts, especially when he spotted the form of a particular woman associated with said department. He was still getting used to not having Mariel and Victoria as head but the former had been gone for a bit and the latter was having a much deserved retirement.

“Good day, “ he greeted the department head with a smile as he came up beside her. A quick assessment certainly made it seem like it had been for her so far, he supposed the mat in her possession may have helped play a part. “Interesting coincidence, I was just heading your way.”

Lisa smiled warmly at the head security officer as he joined her at the lifts. "It is a good day," she agreed with him. An eyebrow lifted as the young(er) man stated he was headed to her department. "Oh? I do hope it's just routine, we haven't had any security issues that I know about." She gestured for him to lead the way onto the lift as it arrived and opened its doors.

"Thanks to you and the rest of your team's excellent hard work, of course," she said with a wink. It wasn't so much an attempt at flattery as it was just the truth, as she saw it. Things running smoothly meant everyone was doing a good job. Things running not smoothly did not necessarily mean the opposite, however, even the best of employees couldn't prevent certain issues from arising.
Old 11-14-2022, 03:38 AM   #18 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Quote:

Lisa smiled warmly at the head security officer as he joined her at the lifts. "It is a good day," she agreed with him. An eyebrow lifted as the young(er) man stated he was headed to her department. "Oh? I do hope it's just routine, we haven't had any security issues that I know about." She gestured for him to lead the way onto the lift as it arrived and opened its doors.

"Thanks to you and the rest of your team's excellent hard work, of course," she said with a wink. It wasn't so much an attempt at flattery as it was just the truth, as she saw it. Things running smoothly meant everyone was doing a good job. Things running not smoothly did not necessarily mean the opposite, however, even the best of employees couldn't prevent certain issues from arising.
“Yes, no worries, its all good,” Simon assured her as he inclined his head in thanks and lead them into the lift as directed. “Just up on my schedule of security rounds.” One of the reasons he preferred to have a rapport with the various departments so they weren’t too concerned when he and his team were around on their level and so they cooperated when it was actually needed. The security man usually had no problem with this…

Other than a particular former senior undersecretary that refused to let him be the one to watch Level 1.

Noticing the wink along with her kind words, Simon might have found himself feeling bashful, but did his best to take it in stride. It did feel good to be appreciated though. “Just doing our job.” Because when they didn’t things went wrong, and they sure didn’t need any of that.
Old 11-17-2022, 12:56 AM   #19 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Third Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:

“Yes, no worries, its all good,” Simon assured her as he inclined his head in thanks and lead them into the lift as directed. “Just up on my schedule of security rounds.” One of the reasons he preferred to have a rapport with the various departments so they weren’t too concerned when he and his team were around on their level and so they cooperated when it was actually needed. The security man usually had no problem with this…

Other than a particular former senior undersecretary that refused to let him be the one to watch Level 1.

Noticing the wink along with her kind words, Simon might have found himself feeling bashful, but did his best to take it in stride. It did feel good to be appreciated though. “Just doing our job.” Because when they didn’t things went wrong, and they sure didn’t need any of that.
Lisa nodded as she followed Simon onto the lift. "Good to hear," she said pleasantly.

Realizing that he might be wondering what she was doing carrying a yoga mat around, or possibly what a yoga mat was, she patted it. "I've just come from yoga in the park," she said. "You probably get plenty of exercise, with your rounds, but I find I have to set aside time for it." That had been true even in her Gobstones days, given it was a more intellectual sport than a physical one.
Old 11-17-2022, 03:26 AM   #20 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8

Quote:
Lisa nodded as she followed Simon onto the lift. "Good to hear," she said pleasantly.

Realizing that he might be wondering what she was doing carrying a yoga mat around, or possibly what a yoga mat was, she patted it. "I've just come from yoga in the park," she said. "You probably get plenty of exercise, with your rounds, but I find I have to set aside time for it." That had been true even in her Gobstones days, given it was a more intellectual sport than a physical one.
Simon nodded in understanding, aware of yoga with a far mix of the wizard and magical in his daily life. “Thankfully it seemed like nice weather for it,” he mused. At least he had appeared that way for the brief moments he had been outside this morning. The one downfall of being security over an auror was business kept him mostly to the Ministry Building proper and underground not out and about with eh potential for the outdoors.

“Yes…it does involve a lot of walking,” he agreed to his own exercise, often times seeing much of the ministry each week. “Though I suppose seeing as I arrange them, and choose to just leave them to my subordinates, I’m technically planning my exercise time as well.” Not that he minded at all being in the trenches sort of speak.
Old 11-29-2022, 04:55 AM   #21 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Third Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:

Simon nodded in understanding, aware of yoga with a far mix of the wizard and magical in his daily life. “Thankfully it seemed like nice weather for it,” he mused. At least he had appeared that way for the brief moments he had been outside this morning. The one downfall of being security over an auror was business kept him mostly to the Ministry Building proper and underground not out and about with eh potential for the outdoors.

“Yes…it does involve a lot of walking,” he agreed to his own exercise, often times seeing much of the ministry each week. “Though I suppose seeing as I arrange them, and choose to just leave them to my subordinates, I’m technically planning my exercise time as well.” Not that he minded at all being in the trenches sort of speak.

Lisa nodded, the weather had been perfectly suited for outdoor activities. Come to think of it, maybe she should suggest a departmental outing the next time the weather was pleasant like this. Other than those who oversaw Quidditch pitch maintenance or attended matches, it seemed most of her own department was stuck inside all day.

"If that's how you want to think about it, I suppose it's true," she agreed. "Walking is pleasant enough, especially when you have a destination." It was one of the more obviously productive forms of exercise, in her opinion.

"I do hope you feel welcome to stop in the multi-purpose room on your rounds, should you need some diversion," she added. She knew the law enforcement folks had their own break room and their own exercise equipment, but it was nearly as far from Level Seven as it could get. "There are snacks, sometimes." Not nearly as often as there had been under her predecessor, but Lisa tried to restock if she noticed the supplies were low.

Old 07-03-2023, 01:13 AM   #22 (permalink)
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Calloway had a busy day ahead of him! There were a lot of reports on recently obliviated muggles that he had to write up, and as weird as it sounded, he liked doing busy work like filling out reports. It made the day go by fast. Plus, it was Friday, which meant it was almost the weekend and who wouldn't be excited about that?!

He was headed towards the lifts, sipping his to-go coffee as he made his way through the crowd. He was even humming happily to himself under his breath, hoisting his shoulder bag a bit higher on his shoulder as he squeezed his way past the people.

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid
Lissy Longbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 01:48 AM   #23 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Hiii! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post
Calloway had a busy day ahead of him! There were a lot of reports on recently obliviated muggles that he had to write up, and as weird as it sounded, he liked doing busy work like filling out reports. It made the day go by fast. Plus, it was Friday, which meant it was almost the weekend and who wouldn't be excited about that?!

He was headed towards the lifts, sipping his to-go coffee as he made his way through the crowd. He was even humming happily to himself under his breath, hoisting his shoulder bag a bit higher on his shoulder as he squeezed his way past the people.

Lucas was patiently waiting on the lift to get to this level. There were a few other levels that he needed to get to, not for solely Games and Sports Department related issues but also for recreational purposes. First stop? To pay a visit to DIMC. Sorry, Brody. The visit wasn’t for you. He’d gotten Conley a gift each for Radhika and Levi {just because he wanted to and because those cuties were growing up so darn fast!}. The fact reminded him that he couldn’t wait to be a Great Uncle, even though it was known that Brody was terrified of being a father. But there’s anyone the nephew would do it for, it would be Gabriel.

Today, with so many things on his agenda, Lucas was aiming to keep conversations short and sweet. This was why he avoided getting into any and resorted to quick waves and greetings. Maybe he’d do the same with Calloway.

Old 07-03-2023, 07:40 PM   #24 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DoM & DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
ruari fuller-thompson #FFA3D2
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desdemona M. Evans #6082B6
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Q. Alvey

Ministry RPG Name:
Aslan Rose Evans
Mysteries
x8
you wanna fite? | 💚 nickleback 💚 | Uh, anyway.

Quote:
Calloway had a busy day ahead of him! There were a lot of reports on recently obliviated muggles that he had to write up, and as weird as it sounded, he liked doing busy work like filling out reports. It made the day go by fast. Plus, it was Friday, which meant it was almost the weekend and who wouldn't be excited about that?![

Quote:
Lucas was patiently waiting on the lift to get to this level. There were a few other levels that he needed to get to, not for solely Games and Sports Department related issues but also for recreational purposes. First stop? To pay a visit to DIMC. Sorry, Brody. The visit wasn’t for you. He’d gotten Conley a gift each for Radhika and Levi {just because he wanted to and because those cuties were growing up so darn fast!}. The fact reminded him that he couldn’t wait to be a Great Uncle, even though it was known that Brody was terrified of being a father. But there’s anyone the nephew would do it for, it would be Gabriel.

Today, with so many things on his agenda, Lucas was aiming to keep conversations short and sweet. This was why he avoided getting into any and resorted to quick waves and greetings. Maybe he’d do the same with Calloway

Evan Eastwood did not work at the ministry of magic, nor did they have any interest in ever doing so. She couldn’t think of anything that sounded more boring than working for the English government. her mom and her mom’s partner and all her aunts were happily employed as Aurors back in america and so she would leave that sort of work to them.

now, you ask- if Evan didn’t work here, what was she doing here? well, dear reader, she had a fine to pay. One that was far and away long overdue. Who knew you needed a permit to magically enlarge your home? Evan certainly hadn’t, and while it might have been easy to contest when the letter first arrived, it was about three months past that.

Stupid Saint Augustine’s and their no owl policy.

It was just another chore in a long list of things Evan was dealing with now that she was back living life. Fine in hand, the witch was impatiently hurrying towards the elevator, they needed to reach some tiny little department located in- She checked the fine again- level three.

“tch.” she clucked her tongue. King, lean arms settling impatiently under her chest, her brown leather jacket crinkling. She was stuck out like a tall, beautiful sore thumb amongst all the dapper witches and wizards in their smart robes and impecable office wear.
Evan turned to a man a bit shorter than herself (Lucas). “Hi. Hello.” she began in her north-east American accent. “Does this elevator take you to level three? I’ve never been here before.” She added, not apologetic but matter of fact. He worked here, it was practically his job to help her.

the moon:

feminine, intuitive, inner strength, innocence
nicole black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 11:25 PM   #25 (permalink)
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Quote:

Today, with so many things on his agenda, Lucas was aiming to keep conversations short and sweet. This was why he avoided getting into any and resorted to quick waves and greetings. Maybe he’d do the same with Calloway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole black View Post
Evan Eastwood did not work at the ministry of magic, nor did they have any interest in ever doing so. She couldn’t think of anything that sounded more boring than working for the English government. her mom and her mom’s partner and all her aunts were happily employed as Aurors back in america and so she would leave that sort of work to them.

now, you ask- if Evan didn’t work here, what was she doing here? well, dear reader, she had a fine to pay. One that was far and away long overdue. Who knew you needed a permit to magically enlarge your home? Evan certainly hadn’t, and while it might have been easy to contest when the letter first arrived, it was about three months past that.

Stupid Saint Augustine’s and their no owl policy.

It was just another chore in a long list of things Evan was dealing with now that she was back living life. Fine in hand, the witch was impatiently hurrying towards the elevator, they needed to reach some tiny little department located in- She checked the fine again- level three.

“tch.” she clucked her tongue. King, lean arms settling impatiently under her chest, her brown leather jacket crinkling. She was stuck out like a tall, beautiful sore thumb amongst all the dapper witches and wizards in their smart robes and impecable office wear.
Evan turned to a man a bit shorter than herself (Lucas). “Hi. Hello.” she began in her north-east American accent. “Does this elevator take you to level three? I’ve never been here before.” She added, not apologetic but matter of fact. He worked here, it was practically his job to help her.
Calloway noticed Lucas stop nearby, waiting for the lift just like everyone else in the vicinity. He gave him a little smile of acknowledge and that was it - he was getting very good at doing that these days. He turned back to the lift, waiting for it to ding and announce its arrival when a familiar voice made him pause.

He turned and looked to his left, right here Lucas was, and was surprised - nay, FLABBERGASTED, actually, to see Evan Eastwood talking to him. Blink blink blink. He just stared for a second, unsure why she was here - which made him suspect maybe it wasn't her? Just someone who looked like her? No, as she kept talking, it confirmed to him that it WAS her, although that still didn't answer his question as to why she was here. Did she work here now? Just visiting? It didn't even occur to him that her request to go to level three was exactly where he was headed as well.

"Evan?" he piped up. Blink blink blink.

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid
Lissy Longbottom is offline   Reply With Quote