sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1210 users online including...
spiral_star , Vikiesl

3 members
1207 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 59: September - December 2021

Term 59: September - December 2021 Term Fifty-Nine: The Strange Plant in Greenhouse Six (Sept 2105 - June 2106)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2018, 12:09 PM

Default Map of Argyllshire

Hanging in a spot on the second floor is a framed map of Argyllshire. This old, out-dated map features the Scottish county and surrounding areas before they were abolished in 1975. It isn't clear why the map was originally hung up at Hogwarts and many still don't understand why it is still featured in the second-floor corridor today. If anything, it makes for a good conversation starter or an easy-to-find place to meet up with someone.

Even though the map's purpose at Hogwarts isn't clear, you might find looking at it worth your while anyway. The map reflects the weather that is occurring outside -- if it is raining, a thick and dark mass will cloud the map until it clears; the landscape of the map will turn green when bright and sunny; during autumn the landscape changes colour; and the map gradually starts to turn white and freezes the rivers, lakes, and lochs on the map when snow begins to fall outside. When it is nighttime, the colours on the map dim except for where the towns are. Pretty cool, right?
Old 09-07-2021, 05:59 AM   #2 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
Default ash <3
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Winston had some free time and figured what better way to make use of the time than by exploring the environment that he now lived in. Only, he didn't make it too far from his office as his dark brown eyes became intrigued by the framed map in the corridor. His eyes followed the lines on the drawing, noticing the inaccuracies present. It was clearly outdated, which begged the numbers professor to wonder why no one had bothered to hang an updated version? He didn't know too much of Scotland and its counties, but even to unknowledgeable, the inaccuracies were glaring.

Perhaps he ought to study up on the Scottish highlands to update it? If it was even possible? For all he knew, the poster was stuck up with a permanent sticking charm and that was why no one bothered to update it. Or no one even noticed, which he highly doubted since as a foreigner, he was able to recognize it's inaccuracies, so why hadn't anyone else noticed? Or cared?

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin________________You look like my next mistake
Old 09-07-2021, 12:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

SPOILER!!: Professor
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Winston had some free time and figured what better way to make use of the time than by exploring the environment that he now lived in. Only, he didn't make it too far from his office as his dark brown eyes became intrigued by the framed map in the corridor. His eyes followed the lines on the drawing, noticing the inaccuracies present. It was clearly outdated, which begged the numbers professor to wonder why no one had bothered to hang an updated version? He didn't know too much of Scotland and its counties, but even to unknowledgeable, the inaccuracies were glaring.

Perhaps he ought to study up on the Scottish highlands to update it? If it was even possible? For all he knew, the poster was stuck up with a permanent sticking charm and that was why no one bothered to update it. Or no one even noticed, which he highly doubted since as a foreigner, he was able to recognize it's inaccuracies, so why hadn't anyone else noticed? Or cared?

Ash was walking around the castle during a rainy day when she spotted one of the newer professors staring at the map thing. You know, the one on the second floor. She was bored and wanted to talk to someone, but... would she somehow curse this new professor by talking to him? Curse him to leave the school? She decided it didn’t really matter. Even if he left, she’d probably be doing him a favor. Okay, look. That was not a very nice thing to think. Ash wasn’t in a very nice mood at the moment. Sorry. At least she wasn’t in one of her bad moods from third year. Those were much worse.

Anyway, Ash decided to quietly walk over up behind the new professor. Maybe the professor would even be a little bit scared when she stared talking. That was not very nice to wish for. “What are you staring at that for? It says the weather but it’s kind of hard to tell where everything is because the map is old and wrong.” She tilted her head. “Do you have a talent for reading maps that haven’t been accurate since the Middle Ages?” This map was pretty old. It stopped being accurate in... 1975. That was like, forever ago.

“One time I stood in the same place you are standing, but I was upset and facing in the other direction. Also, I wasn’t alone and you are. So it’s not really the same.” That was probably intended as a ‘hello.’
Old 09-07-2021, 03:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
Ash was walking around the castle during a rainy day when she spotted one of the newer professors staring at the map thing. You know, the one on the second floor. She was bored and wanted to talk to someone, but... would she somehow curse this new professor by talking to him? Curse him to leave the school? She decided it didn’t really matter. Even if he left, she’d probably be doing him a favor. Okay, look. That was not a very nice thing to think. Ash wasn’t in a very nice mood at the moment. Sorry. At least she wasn’t in one of her bad moods from third year. Those were much worse.

Anyway, Ash decided to quietly walk over up behind the new professor. Maybe the professor would even be a little bit scared when she stared talking. That was not very nice to wish for. “What are you staring at that for? It says the weather but it’s kind of hard to tell where everything is because the map is old and wrong.” She tilted her head. “Do you have a talent for reading maps that haven’t been accurate since the Middle Ages?” This map was pretty old. It stopped being accurate in... 1975. That was like, forever ago.

“One time I stood in the same place you are standing, but I was upset and facing in the other direction. Also, I wasn’t alone and you are. So it’s not really the same.” That was probably intended as a ‘hello.’

He hoped with all his might that she would not curse him, but not that he could know her thoughts. Although this was a magic school, so anything was possible, but he highly doubted a fourteen year old (or any teenager) had that kind of power over an adult's career path. Not that he could know the Ravenclaw's thoughts or distress, because while he taught a variation of divination, he was no seer.

What he was, however, was startled when she spoke from behind him and he jumped slightly on edge. What was her name, he did not know, but she was chatty? Also, middle ages? "I don't think it's quite that old. The middle ages were like five or six hundred years ago. It doesn't look that old," he regarded her with confusion, looking between her and the map. "But the weather. Huh. Is it the weather of the time of the map's creation?"

He frowned back at her. "Do you feel... upset now?" Since she again, was by the map and not alone.

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Old 09-07-2021, 04:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

SPOILER!!: professor
Quote:

He hoped with all his might that she would not curse him, but not that he could know her thoughts. Although this was a magic school, so anything was possible, but he highly doubted a fourteen year old (or any teenager) had that kind of power over an adult's career path. Not that he could know the Ravenclaw's thoughts or distress, because while he taught a variation of divination, he was no seer.

What he was, however, was startled when she spoke from behind him and he jumped slightly on edge. What was her name, he did not know, but she was chatty? Also, middle ages? "I don't think it's quite that old. The middle ages were like five or six hundred years ago. It doesn't look that old," he regarded her with confusion, looking between her and the map. "But the weather. Huh. Is it the weather of the time of the map's creation?"

He frowned back at her. "Do you feel... upset now?" Since she again, was by the map and not alone.

Ash rolled her eyes. "I KNOW when the middle ages were. And I know when that map became outdated." ...A fun idea had occurred to her. She disillusioned herself and silently moved to reappear in a different place. "I was there..." Hahahahaha. Was the professor going to fall for this? Probably not. But it would be amusing regardless. Like, come on. This was just another game of dress up, but as a ghost. "I ALWAYS feel upset..." Technically true. But it felt to her like something a ghost would say. Disappear. Reappear. She stared at the professor ominously. Sure, the Hogwarts ghosts weren't usually like this, but surely this man had seen a horror movie or two, right??? "All the time." There was a chance this professor would be like 'blah blah blah, this is stupid.' Which would be correct. But not everyone had the luxury of getting to act ridiculously without consequence, so she'd be taking this opportunity.
Old 09-10-2021, 01:28 AM   #6 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8

Quote:

Ash rolled her eyes. "I KNOW when the middle ages were. And I know when that map became outdated." ...A fun idea had occurred to her. She disillusioned herself and silently moved to reappear in a different place. "I was there..." Hahahahaha. Was the professor going to fall for this? Probably not. But it would be amusing regardless. Like, come on. This was just another game of dress up, but as a ghost. "I ALWAYS feel upset..." Technically true. But it felt to her like something a ghost would say. Disappear. Reappear. She stared at the professor ominously. Sure, the Hogwarts ghosts weren't usually like this, but surely this man had seen a horror movie or two, right??? "All the time." There was a chance this professor would be like 'blah blah blah, this is stupid.' Which would be correct. But not everyone had the luxury of getting to act ridiculously without consequence, so she'd be taking this opportunity.
If there was one thing that Professor Robinson was going to take from this encounter with this particular student it was that she seemed quite haughty. Were all Ravenclaw students like this? While he hadn't been a student here himself, he had read up briefly on the four houses enough to know that Ravenclaw students valued wit and intelligence. "I'm ... i ... didn't mean to ... say.. suggest you didn't know." Winston stammered out. But did that make them overtly eager and inflate their confidence? He didn't think it would. He blinked, frowning for a moment when she lowered her voice in that i was there. Uh.... what?

He was torn with a mix of confusion and also empathy by her words and actions. He mostly just didn't know what to feel. Like, of all the new professors, did they have to pick on the one who had trouble correlating his feelings??

"All ... the time.. do you want to talk about it?" That's what adults were supposed to do, right? Offer listening ears? Being a teenager was rough, but merlin, he hadn't expected his first encounter with one outside of classes to be like this. University students had nothing on this drama.

Old 09-10-2021, 02:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

SPOILER!!: professor
Quote:
If there was one thing that Professor Robinson was going to take from this encounter with this particular student it was that she seemed quite haughty. Were all Ravenclaw students like this? While he hadn't been a student here himself, he had read up briefly on the four houses enough to know that Ravenclaw students valued wit and intelligence. "I'm ... i ... didn't mean to ... say.. suggest you didn't know." Winston stammered out. But did that make them overtly eager and inflate their confidence? He didn't think it would. He blinked, frowning for a moment when she lowered her voice in that i was there. Uh.... what?

He was torn with a mix of confusion and also empathy by her words and actions. He mostly just didn't know what to feel. Like, of all the new professors, did they have to pick on the one who had trouble correlating his feelings??

"All ... the time.. do you want to talk about it?" That's what adults were supposed to do, right? Offer listening ears? Being a teenager was rough, but merlin, he hadn't expected his first encounter with one outside of classes to be like this. University students had nothing on this drama.

??? “What- no, I-” It was a joke. Well, it was true that Ash never really felt alright, but she didn’t mean to- she was just pretending to be a ghost. She didn’t expect him to look so concerned. She frowned. “You don’t make pretending to be a ghost very fun. I even disillusioned myself see?” She disappeared and reappeared. Did he notice NOW? She was doing cool magic. FEELINGS? “No thanks. I would never like to talk about feelings.” She could talk to her therapist later. Right now, she was trying to have some FUN. And this professor was kinda killing the energy here.

Ash sighed. “I’m Ashley. And I’m technically alive, just in case you couldn’t tell because of my excellent horror-movie-ghost impression.” He probably already knew she was alive. But couldn’t he at least PRETEND to fall for it? Please??? No. Okay. Whatever. She’d have to find Claudine. Claudine would be proud of her. This professor did not seem impressed at all. She should have known better than to expect professors to ever have fun. She sighed again.
Old 09-11-2021, 01:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8

Quote:
??? “What- no, I-” It was a joke. Well, it was true that Ash never really felt alright, but she didn’t mean to- she was just pretending to be a ghost. She didn’t expect him to look so concerned. She frowned. “You don’t make pretending to be a ghost very fun. I even disillusioned myself see?” She disappeared and reappeared. Did he notice NOW? She was doing cool magic. FEELINGS? “No thanks. I would never like to talk about feelings.” She could talk to her therapist later. Right now, she was trying to have some FUN. And this professor was kinda killing the energy here.

Ash sighed. “I’m Ashley. And I’m technically alive, just in case you couldn’t tell because of my excellent horror-movie-ghost impression.” He probably already knew she was alive. But couldn’t he at least PRETEND to fall for it? Please??? No. Okay. Whatever. She’d have to find Claudine. Claudine would be proud of her. This professor did not seem impressed at all. She should have known better than to expect professors to ever have fun. She sighed again.
Oh... Gosh. Why was almost forty years old and always seemed to struggle with that kind of humor? Maybe one day he'd figure it out. It wasn't the girl's fault. He just was ... well... terrible at picking apart those kinds of things. Give him a puzzle and he'd be in all his glory, but riddle him and it left him more confused than anything. "Of course not. We ... you barely know me. I'm sorry. I just. I --" What did he expect? Her to all of a sudden cheer up from his presence.

"Nice to meet you, officially. Ashley. The impression was mind-boggling impressive. I'm Professor Robinson. Will you be joining arithmancy lessons this year?" Forgive him for failing to pay attention to the roster if there was an Ashley on the list. He was just about learning the other professors names. "So disillusionment. You learned that from one of your lessons so far?"

Old 09-11-2021, 07:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

SPOILER!!: Professor Robinson
Quote:
Oh... Gosh. Why was almost forty years old and always seemed to struggle with that kind of humor? Maybe one day he'd figure it out. It wasn't the girl's fault. He just was ... well... terrible at picking apart those kinds of things. Give him a puzzle and he'd be in all his glory, but riddle him and it left him more confused than anything. "Of course not. We ... you barely know me. I'm sorry. I just. I --" What did he expect? Her to all of a sudden cheer up from his presence.

"Nice to meet you, officially. Ashley. The impression was mind-boggling impressive. I'm Professor Robinson. Will you be joining arithmancy lessons this year?" Forgive him for failing to pay attention to the roster if there was an Ashley on the list. He was just about learning the other professors names. "So disillusionment. You learned that from one of your lessons so far?"

Ash was very very very disappointed. She spent a whole DAY learning to disillusion herself, and not one single person appreciated it!!! Would she have to learn this nonverbally or??? She was only a fourth year... that was beyond her skill set at the moment. BUT SHE'D TRY OKAY. SHE'D TRY.

"Professor Robinson. That should be easy to remember. Professor Robinson and Officially Ashley." She grinned. "I never forget anything. Yes, I take arithmancy." It was the closest thing they had here to math. Weird divination math that was required for curse-breaking. It had numbers in it, and while it was did not come naturally to her, she felt that she was pretty good at it after she had practiced a bunch of times.

...okay, THAT was more like it. YES, it WAS an impressive evil ghost impression. "No, I learned it myself for this very purpose. They don't teach it to fourth-years inside of the curriculum." Wasn't curriculum such a great word? She had a large vocabulary from reading and talking so much. Eisoptrophobia. Cumulonimbus. Melancholy. Eccentric. Intrinsic. Illusion. Aggravated... forensic... eloquent... imagination... Ash knew so many good words. And she hadn't learned those from a lesson either. Who would have thought that Ash was capable of doing things all by herself?
Old 09-28-2021, 02:21 AM   #10 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
Default drawing closure here ... :3 we can start fresh somewhere else

Quote:
Ash was very very very disappointed. She spent a whole DAY learning to disillusion herself, and not one single person appreciated it!!! Would she have to learn this nonverbally or??? She was only a fourth year... that was beyond her skill set at the moment. BUT SHE'D TRY OKAY. SHE'D TRY.

"Professor Robinson. That should be easy to remember. Professor Robinson and Officially Ashley." She grinned. "I never forget anything. Yes, I take arithmancy." It was the closest thing they had here to math. Weird divination math that was required for curse-breaking. It had numbers in it, and while it was did not come naturally to her, she felt that she was pretty good at it after she had practiced a bunch of times.

...okay, THAT was more like it. YES, it WAS an impressive evil ghost impression. "No, I learned it myself for this very purpose. They don't teach it to fourth-years inside of the curriculum." Wasn't curriculum such a great word? She had a large vocabulary from reading and talking so much. Eisoptrophobia. Cumulonimbus. Melancholy. Eccentric. Intrinsic. Illusion. Aggravated... forensic... eloquent... imagination... Ash knew so many good words. And she hadn't learned those from a lesson either. Who would have thought that Ash was capable of doing things all by herself?
He appreciated it. Really, he did. He was just not good with showing emotions and he wished he could have conveyed that better to her, but alas !!!!

"Well that makes one of us," he grinned in response to her never forgetting anything. Oh, so she was a self-starter? Was there a hint of resentment in her tone about curriculum here? He decided however, maybe he should wait to discuss that with her until he knew her better, because perhaps she could offer some sort of insight as to the curriculum. She seemed smart enough.

"Even more impressive, but i suppose..." Ravenclaw. Those were the stereotyped book nerds, right? "It makes sense." He glanced around the corridor. Didn't she have a class to be getting to? Or something?? "So I uh... guess, i'll see you around ... Ashley." He repeated her name for memory.

Old 09-28-2021, 12:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

SPOILER!!: Professor
Quote:
He appreciated it. Really, he did. He was just not good with showing emotions and he wished he could have conveyed that better to her, but alas !!!!

"Well that makes one of us," he grinned in response to her never forgetting anything. Oh, so she was a self-starter? Was there a hint of resentment in her tone about curriculum here? He decided however, maybe he should wait to discuss that with her until he knew her better, because perhaps she could offer some sort of insight as to the curriculum. She seemed smart enough.

"Even more impressive, but i suppose..." Ravenclaw. Those were the stereotyped book nerds, right? "It makes sense." He glanced around the corridor. Didn't she have a class to be getting to? Or something?? "So I uh... guess, i'll see you around ... Ashley." He repeated her name for memory.

Well, if he didn’t show it, then how was she supposed to KNOW it??? Ooh, that rhymed.

“I’ll just remember both our names for us, how about that?” She made a ‘helpful’ face, trying to stop herself from smirking and/or laughing at him. It sort of worked? But from her words, she was pretty obviously joking. And she thought she was very funny! Here was his cue to laugh.

“See you around, Professor Robinson.” And with that final remark, Ashley Fox DISAPPEARED INTO THIN AIR!!! Ok, she disillusioned herself again. But it LOOKED like she disappeared into thin air. Just pretend it was super cool.