sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1166 users online including...
Kevinmit , KeithZinue , ramsspeelay

4 members
1162 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 54: January - April 2020

Term 54: January - April 2020 Term fifty-four: A Lesson in History (Sept 2100 - June 2101)

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 02-12-2020, 02:24 AM

Default Charms Lesson 1

It was bright and early on Friday morning. The weekend was just ahead, but there was a full day of classes ahead of the students. As Piers had posted on the noticeboard, Charms class was taking place in the kitchens that day. So, outside of the kitchens, in front of the tapestry, Piers stood, waiting for his students to arrive. He knew that some of them wouldn’t look at the noticeboard, so he fully expected some of them to arrive late.

Now, some students might have a guess at what the lesson today was about, but then again, they might not. He hadn’t given any clues about what to expect (partially because he knew some of them might skip class if they knew). So there he stood, outside the kitchen tapestry, waiting innocently for his students to arrive.

OOC: Welcome to charms class! Keep in mind that while this is the first OOC charms lesson this term, this is not the first charms lesson that your characters are attending. I'll begin the lesson officially in about 24 hours!

Class Progression:
1. Greetings and Question 1
2. Replies and Mini Activity
3. Replies and Question 2
4. Replies and Main Activity
Old 02-20-2020, 02:07 AM   #76 (permalink)

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
First Year

x1
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

Text Cut: Valencia and Blake!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilFox06 View Post
Valencia headed over to the younger girl. "I can help." she volunteered. This seemed like an easy enough activity. Not heavy on magic and high on useful life skills -- seemed like an ideal lesson really.

She looked around wondering if they could get a third. If not, she was fine drying and putting dishes away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by love-for-HP View Post
Blake looked around the room trying to decide who to work with. He had seen that Claudine had snagged Bernadette right form the start, and Blake still hadn't forgiven her for the jam incident in the great hall earlier in the year so he decided it was best to just skip that all together. Seeing Isla and walked over to her.

"Hey Wife!" He added with a smile and a tease, of course being married at 12 was not actually allowed in his life, but they were partnering together on the baby project ... so this added to them playing house. "I guess if we can raise a baby together we can do dishes." he added and then turned toward the other girl the didn't recognize.

"Hey, I'm Blake, nice to meet you. I can put them away if you're going to dry." He didn't mind running them across the room. "Maybe we switch things up half way through?" he added, thinking that way they each got a turn doing all 3.

The awkward meeting time in between looking for a partner and actually getting one...or two...was thankfully not that long. She wandered around until she was grouped up with both Valencia and Blake. "Hey, Hubby," she said, laughing. The two of them were basically out of that whole awkward stage and had embraced their new role as parents. "Thanks, Valencia," she added, remembering the girl had said she would help.

"So dishwashing isn't exactly the most exciting activity in the whole world, but we'll make it work," she said. I mean, she was already mothering a baby, so a little dishwashing just kind of went along with the territory. She nodded along as Blake distributed out the jobs. She'd wash for a while and then swap up with whoever wanted to do something different.

Isla picked up the first plate and held it firmly in one hand while her wand occupied the other. "Lava Patina," she said, and then she moved her wand in a swirling motion. Then she passed the dish on down the line and picked up a second one. "Lava Patina," she said again, and then repeated the swirling motion. Okay, maybe they could get a small assembly line going, and then they'd be done in no time!
Old 02-20-2020, 10:02 PM   #77 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default Mentions of Blake & Isla too ;)
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
“Yes,’’ Claudine said to Fuller-Thompson. She looked up at him, wondering if that came as a surprise to the man. This introvert usually found it less draining to simply be by herself or around a select few. She groaned inwardly when they were given the instructions to work in groups. He ideal partners to work with would be both Gryffindors: Bernie and Cole.

“I’m sticking with you,’’ Claudine whispered to Bernie. Her friend was more sociable than she was and would bound to be eager to work with more than just her. That would be fine but no one should expect this Snakette to be talkative. She just wanted to get the dishes done so she could collect herself by doing some sketching. “Which task do you want to do?’’
"Good, cos I'm sticking with you!" Bernie whispered back. She looked around to see who else would join them, and noticed Blake and Isla making eyes at each other. EWWWWW. GROSSSSSSS. Did he just call her wife, and had she seriously replied with hubby???

GAGGGG.

Bernie made a loud vomiting sound like a cat coughing up a furball, and turned back to Claudine, rolling her eyes SO HARD they may as well have popped right out of her head. "Those two are disgusting!!!" she murmured again, scooting away from them and picking up a clean dish towel. "You wash, I'll dry. You need to try the spell on some real plates." It was super easy and Claudine would probably master it in no time, but Bernie really needed to lurk and slowly dry dishes whilst also throwing daggers with her eyes, as she was currently doing toward Isla's back.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind
Old 02-20-2020, 11:09 PM   #78 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Bernie! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
"Good, cos I'm sticking with you!" Bernie whispered back. She looked around to see who else would join them, and noticed Blake and Isla making eyes at each other. EWWWWW. GROSSSSSSS. Did he just call her wife, and had she seriously replied with hubby???

GAGGGG.

Bernie made a loud vomiting sound like a cat coughing up a furball, and turned back to Claudine, rolling her eyes SO HARD they may as well have popped right out of her head. "Those two are disgusting!!!" she murmured again, scooting away from them and picking up a clean dish towel. "You wash, I'll dry. You need to try the spell on some real plates." It was super easy and Claudine would probably master it in no time, but Bernie really needed to lurk and slowly dry dishes whilst also throwing daggers with her eyes, as she was currently doing toward Isla's back.

Claudine was so pleased that she and Bernie were going to be partners. That feeling only intensified when she followed her friend’s gaze to Blake and Isla. Blake looked quite content with the first year Snakette, and this was quite fine with Claudine for this meant one thing: Blake wasn’t trying to steal her friend. At least not in that moment. “You okay there, Bernie?’’ That barfing sound, however fake, was not pleasant.

Bernie’s plan worked for Claudine so she moved closer to a pile while subtly watching the girl beside her. “Aguamenti,’’ she murmured so that water sprouted from her wand to wash away the bits and pieces of food. Once down, she passed it on. “I don’t mean to pry but are you jealous of them? Or of Isla in particular?’’ And she didn’t just mean in the way she herself had been jealous. No, that had been completely platonic but she thought that maybe Bernie may have a thing for Blake.

“Lava Patina.” Yes, she was working between spells. Who said that she couldn’t practice as many as she could during that lesson? “Aguamenti.’’ Another plate passed on carefully. They were slightly slippery and she wanted to break none. “Lava Patina.” Could she work with Bernie alone during every lesson that required partnering up? What a team they made.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 02-21-2020, 01:00 AM   #79 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Claudine was so pleased that she and Bernie were going to be partners. That feeling only intensified when she followed her friend’s gaze to Blake and Isla. Blake looked quite content with the first year Snakette, and this was quite fine with Claudine for this meant one thing: Blake wasn’t trying to steal her friend. At least not in that moment. “You okay there, Bernie?’’ That barfing sound, however fake, was not pleasant.

Bernie’s plan worked for Claudine so she moved closer to a pile while subtly watching the girl beside her. “Aguamenti,’’ she murmured so that water sprouted from her wand to wash away the bits and pieces of food. Once down, she passed it on. “I don’t mean to pry but are you jealous of them? Or of Isla in particular?’’ And she didn’t just mean in the way she herself had been jealous. No, that had been completely platonic but she thought that maybe Bernie may have a thing for Blake.

“Lava Patina.” Yes, she was working between spells. Who said that she couldn’t practice as many as she could during that lesson? “Aguamenti.’’ Another plate passed on carefully. They were slightly slippery and she wanted to break none. “Lava Patina.” Could she work with Bernie alone during every lesson that required partnering up? What a team they made.
Why did people always say, I don't mean to pry right before they said something prying?!?? It was like saying no offense before you said something offensive. It didn't work.

"No," came Bernie's short, flat answer. She dried the plates as Claudine handed them to her, and set them in a clean pile with perhaps a little more force than was necessary. She eyed her friend, who she took to be TOTALLY on her side by the way, and added, in a small voice, "I just think it's gross. They're like, flirting in front of everyone and relationships are gross and it's weird."

And she didn't WASN'T JEALOUS, okay. Just annoyed.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind
Old 02-21-2020, 02:09 AM   #80 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Bernie!<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post

Why did people always say, I don't mean to pry right before they said something prying?!?? It was like saying no offense before you said something offensive. It didn't work.

"No," came Bernie's short, flat answer. She dried the plates as Claudine handed them to her, and set them in a clean pile with perhaps a little more force than was necessary. She eyed her friend, who she took to be TOTALLY on her side by the way, and added, in a small voice, "I just think it's gross. They're like, flirting in front of everyone and relationships are gross and it's weird."

And she didn't WASN'T JEALOUS, okay. Just annoyed.

Bernie’s short answer told Claudine all she needed to know about pursuing the topic along the line of Blake and Isla. Her gaze shot to the pile of freshly cleaned plates, fearing for their safety. “Well, they are,’’ she replied after using the newest charm they had learnt on a few more plates. She handed them one by one to her partner. “I couldn’t agree with you more. Romantic relationships are very yucky. I’ve never seen myself getting into one.’’ She paused for a bit more. “Lava Patina. Aguamenti. Lava Patina.’’ Alternating the charms was the way she found that suited her. The girl really wanted to say more about Blake and his actions, that maybe he was purposely doing it to annoy make Bernie annoyed or… jealous. Platonic or romantic jealousy? Her mind went back to the Halloween confrontation and if anything, it made her suspect that Bernie and Blake might secretly have a crush on each other. It was possible they hadn’t realised it as yet if that was the case. Claudine decided to not say anything to Bernie for now; she would simply observe how things progressed.

“Want to switch? I can do some drying too.’’

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 02-21-2020, 02:45 AM   #81 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young
Sardine VIP || Shark Attack! || D A R T E R || Captain Oblivious

Quote:
Originally Posted by love-for-HP View Post
Blake looked around the room trying to decide who to work with. He had seen that Claudine had snagged Bernadette right form the start, and Blake still hadn't forgiven her for the jam incident in the great hall earlier in the year so he decided it was best to just skip that all together. Seeing Isla and walked over to her.

"Hey Wife!" He added with a smile and a tease, of course being married at 12 was not actually allowed in his life, but they were partnering together on the baby project ... so this added to them playing house. "I guess if we can raise a baby together we can do dishes." he added and then turned toward the other girl the didn't recognize.

"Hey, I'm Blake, nice to meet you. I can put them away if you're going to dry." He didn't mind running them across the room. "Maybe we switch things up half way through?" he added, thinking that way they each got a turn doing all 3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post
The awkward meeting time in between looking for a partner and actually getting one...or two...was thankfully not that long. She wandered around until she was grouped up with both Valencia and Blake. "Hey, Hubby," she said, laughing. The two of them were basically out of that whole awkward stage and had embraced their new role as parents. "Thanks, Valencia," she added, remembering the girl had said she would help.

"So dishwashing isn't exactly the most exciting activity in the whole world, but we'll make it work," she said. I mean, she was already mothering a baby, so a little dishwashing just kind of went along with the territory. She nodded along as Blake distributed out the jobs. She'd wash for a while and then swap up with whoever wanted to do something different.

Isla picked up the first plate and held it firmly in one hand while her wand occupied the other. "Lava Patina," she said, and then she moved her wand in a swirling motion. Then she passed the dish on down the line and picked up a second one. "Lava Patina," she said again, and then repeated the swirling motion. Okay, maybe they could get a small assembly line going, and then they'd be done in no time!
Valencia laughed lightly at the introduction. This whole baby thing was fun. "Nice to meet you. I've got a little cousin named Blake." she said with a smile.

She then nodded. "I can dry. I wonder if he wants us to use magic or just towel dry everything." she said accepting one of the plates. She was fine either way.

_____________________________________________I Was Enchanted To Meet You
Old 02-23-2020, 12:25 AM   #82 (permalink)

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
First Year

x1
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilFox06 View Post
Valencia laughed lightly at the introduction. This whole baby thing was fun. "Nice to meet you. I've got a little cousin named Blake." she said with a smile.

She then nodded. "I can dry. I wonder if he wants us to use magic or just towel dry everything." she said accepting one of the plates. She was fine either way.
"Lava Patina," Isla said, continuing the washing process as she talked to both Valencia and Blake. She spared a sideways glance at Valencia as she passed a plate on down their assembly line. "No idea, but I would guess magic would probably get you more class credit," she guessed. After all, this was a Charms class and not Muggle Studies. "Lava Patina," she said again, washing the next plate. She watched her wand as it moved in a swirling motion.

She had cleaned maybe ten plates by now, which caused her to glance around the room and see if they were making any progress. Maybe a little. Definitely not enough to get them out of class, though. "Lava Patina," she said, realizing that if she didn't get started on another dish, it'd just get them behind. "Everyone okay with their job? Anybody want to try the dishwashing charm for a while?"
Old 02-23-2020, 09:11 AM   #83 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Cole wasn't sure exactly who he wanted to work with. When everyone as it seemed started to group up he headed to the back of the kitchen to get started on the pots and pans. If anyone wanted to join him then by all means, he wouldn't say no he'd even welcome it. They wouldn't get to leave the kitchen until the hundreds upon hundreds of dirty dishes were clean so it was best to hop to it. He pulled up the sleeves on his robes and shirt and got to work. "Lava Patina!" Cole casted the cleaning spell more times than he cared to count as he washed, dried and stacked the now clean pots and pans in growing piles. Where all the pots we're supposed to be he'd worry about later.

Cole felt the sweat start to drip into his eyes as he continued to work, making his vision a bit blurry. "Lava Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatina!" he gasped out as the pot he was working on slipped off the bench and his reach and down on the floor with a loud CLANK! Looking around slightly embarrassed he called out to nobody in particular, but maybe mostly to reassure professor Fuller-Thompson. "I'm okay and so is the pot. I just lost hold of it." A watery pot was slippery. Picking the pot up Cole continued his cleaning efforts with more care this time. He casted "Lava Patina!" again as he moved his wand over a greasy pan.
Old 02-23-2020, 12:59 PM   #84 (permalink)

Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jordyn Guidry
Graduated
x5
Default Catching up and helping Cole
dream until your • dreams come true ~ Human pygmy puff

SPOILER!!: Cole
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Cole wasn't sure exactly who he wanted to work with. When everyone as it seemed started to group up he headed to the back of the kitchen to get started on the pots and pans. If anyone wanted to join him then by all means, he wouldn't say no he'd even welcome it. They wouldn't get to leave the kitchen until the hundreds upon hundreds of dirty dishes were clean so it was best to hop to it. He pulled up the sleeves on his robes and shirt and got to work. "Lava Patina!" Cole casted the cleaning spell more times than he cared to count as he washed, dried and stacked the now clean pots and pans in growing piles. Where all the pots we're supposed to be he'd worry about later.

Cole felt the sweat start to drip into his eyes as he continued to work, making his vision a bit blurry. "Lava Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatina!" he gasped out as the pot he was working on slipped off the bench and his reach and down on the floor with a loud CLANK! Looking around slightly embarrassed he called out to nobody in particular, but maybe mostly to reassure professor Fuller-Thompson. "I'm okay and so is the pot. I just lost hold of it." A watery pot was slippery. Picking the pot up Cole continued his cleaning efforts with more care this time. He casted "Lava Patina!" again as he moved his wand over a greasy pan.

As had somehow become become a pattern, Naya waited too long to seek out a group. She was on the verge of having to work solo, when she saw Cole apparently groupless as well. She went over to her housemate and rolled up her sleeves. “Hey Cole, looks like you could use a hand. I can dry the pots and I can help wash when you get tired.”

Without really waiting for a reply, Naya picked up a cloth and began to dry the many pots and pans that Cole had already washed. He had finished quite a few so far and Naya had to move fast in order to catch up. She wanted to do a good job, but she also wanted to finish before the week was out. It was unbelievable how many dishes a bunch of students could dirty. She had a serious appreciation for the house elves, who had to deal with this job every day. It didn’t seem like they would ever get to the end of this task. Looking at her new found partner, Naya said, “Just let me know when you want me to take over with the washing.” It had to be a harder job than just drying the dishes.

You are Salt!
Old 02-23-2020, 02:37 PM   #85 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Was Nina Castillo alright?? Honestly, Carsyn wasn't sure but she wasn't going to stand around all day waiting for the older girl to wake up. The professor didn't seem terribly fussed with her injuries which meant probably?? And they were moving along...

What Carsyn really wanted to say about cleaning up the kitchen was having the house elves actually do their job, but somehow the fifth year was pretty sure that sass was not needed. Which meant she remained silent and had to agree with the young cub Phoebe asking about a snack. She was pretty sure they weren't all alone in those thoughts - cause that was pretty much the only reason ANY teenager came into the kitchens unless they were on a detention.

So they were going to be working in groups, eh? She watched the younger kids pairing off waiting for her opportunity. Somehow she had the feeling that other than the cleaning charm, the drying and the putting away tasks were meant to be mundane methods used. At least Professor Fuller-Thompson hadn't mentioned any spells for them to use? The hot air charm? Were there any groups who still needed people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daydreamer11 View Post
As had somehow become become a pattern, Naya waited too long to seek out a group. She was on the verge of having to work solo, when she saw Cole apparently groupless as well. She went over to her housemate and rolled up her sleeves. “Hey Cole, looks like you could use a hand. I can dry the pots and I can help wash when you get tired.”

Without really waiting for a reply, Naya picked up a cloth and began to dry the many pots and pans that Cole had already washed. He had finished quite a few so far and Naya had to move fast in order to catch up. She wanted to do a good job, but she also wanted to finish before the week was out. It was unbelievable how many dishes a bunch of students could dirty. She had a serious appreciation for the house elves, who had to deal with this job every day. It didn’t seem like they would ever get to the end of this task. Looking at her new found partner, Naya said, “Just let me know when you want me to take over with the washing.” It had to be a harder job than just drying the dishes.
Ahhh like these two? Grinning at her fellow fifth year lions who were doing a FABULOUS job, might she add, she made her way over to Naya and Cole. Carsyn quietly observing Cole cleaning and Naya drying the pan before she chimed in herself. "Guess I can help put them away?" She mentioned casually taking the pots and pans from where Naya had set them. It really was fortunate for the many hours she had spent in these kitchens baking because putting away dishes was literally nothing. And of course being five foot seven helped as well.

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin________________You look like my next mistake
Old 02-23-2020, 09:00 PM   #86 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1
Sardines ♥ BHB ♥ Dallie ♥ Grumpy ♥ MY SUN AND STARS ♥ i love julia

Time was going quickly in class and the students seemed to be doing well with the cleaning charms. And most of them were actually working together, which was good. Sometimes there was a real lack of teamwork and learning together at Hogwarts. And teamwork was definitely helping them clean up faster.

Piers circled the kitchen as the worked, keeping an eye on the clean dishes stacking up and the time on his watch.

"Alright, everyone we're out of time!" he announced after a while. "The elves are probably wanting to get back in here, so go ahead and finish what you're doing and then you're free to go."

JanuaryNatalieEvangelinePiersonLouise