sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1157 users online including...
Svetlahr , Ivana R , MRanker - Fiverr , Svetlsfg , Weasley174 , Seo-Ul-ges , Michailqdk , Stevendalo , Mutunsutt , maximllon

11 members
1146 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 54: January - April 2020

Term 54: January - April 2020 Term fifty-four: A Lesson in History (Sept 2100 - June 2101)

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 02-03-2020, 12:10 AM

Default MS LTA: Phase ONE

Long Term Assignment | Babycare: The Muggle Way.

P H A S E _O N E: Congratulations! You're a parent.

This long-term project comes to you as no surprise. Last week's class was entirely dedicated to muggle babycare techniques, a briefing on project specific instructions, and detailed explanations of what was to come. Today when you walk into the classroom, it isn't for a lesson! Instead, you have come here to pick up your brand new (fake) BABY! Congratulations, you're A PARENT... for the next three months.

The classroom itself is set up with several tables around the room. The tables themselves aren't very extraordinary, on the tables, however, are lots and lots of baby-dolls. Meanwhile, Finneas is sitting at his desk with a baby registry on hand. You can only assume that you'll be needing to sign it soon. Your Professor has a HUGE smile on his face as he plays with his fidget spinner. Today is a wonderful day to be a guardian.

You know (because Finneas told you last class) not to take a seat, but to instead approach your Professor who will give you further instructions. You're not here for a lesson today! You're here to pick up your fake-BABY.

OOC: hi! This is our long-term assignment for this term! This isn't a lesson thread! Just post in here and I'll post a reply for you ASAP to get you started. That's all it takes!
This thread will stay open for the duration of the assignment (until march 26). I suggest starting on this phase ASAP so that you have as much time as you need, but there's no set framework of when you need to post, all up to your individual needs.
IMPORTANT: If choosing to co-parent, please coordinate posting in here with your partner. Co-parenting is not required, just another opportunity to interact with your classmates.

* NOTE: Please read all instructions before posting.
Quote:
IC Instructions
  • Each student (or pair, if choosing to co-parent) will receive one baby doll to take care of over the course of the next 3 months & 1 baby bag containing all the essentials for babycare
  • What to know about the dolls? With the aid of technology, the dolls have been programed to dirty nappies, need burping, sleep, get hungry, cry, etc. They have a mechanism that records all sounds and a way to alert your Professor should you think to take the doll apart in search of the recorder. The babies behave in a way that mirrors real children, and they respond to love and affection accordingly. They do not like to be left alone and are rather fragile.
  • What’s in the baby bag? Nappies, bottles, dummy/pacifier, baby food, baby powder, wipes and flannels, etc.
  • Over the course of the next 3 months, you must take your baby with you at all times. Take care to treat it with love (aka feeding it when hungry, burping it when needing a burp, soothing it when it cries, etc). You will be asked to check in with your Professor periodically on the status of your baby. By the end of the 3 month period you will be given a grade based upon how you treated your baby, the baby’s final physical state, and your overall effort in the assignment.

OOC Instructions
  • This long-term assignment will have 3 distinct phases that can be sequentially completed at any time. This means that you cannot move to phase 2 until you have completed phase 1. You cannot move to phase 3 until you have completed phase 2. For each phase a seperate thread will be made (ex. THIS thread is for PHASE 1). If you can’t jump in right when the thread opens, don’t fret! ALL threads will stay open until the final day of the assignment (March 26 2020).
  • For each phase of the assignment, you will simply have to post your character within the thread. I will post Finneas interacting with your character, which will in turn, be a short RP where he will ask questions or ask them to complete a simple task.
  • For the second and third phase, you will be required to provide 1 link to an outside RP in which the baby doll is mentioned, being taken care of, or used.
    While I’m only requiring that you mention the doll in 2 RPs for the sake of the assignment, this could be such a fun opportunity if you’d like to take heed of it and use it for your own plotting purposes! Kid running his own babysitting business as a whole new way of paying a dude to do your homework? Bringing your child to class? Taking them on a casual stroll? HELP--I lost my child in the great lake! …… Lots of fun opportunities! If you can’t think of any come poke me and we can brainstorm together ^^
  • I will unlock the phase 2 & phase 3 threads once a few people have gone through phase 1 in order to stagger things. I’ll post notices on the noticeboard so you know when the threads have been opened!

To summarize:
    - You can complete this long-term assignment at your own pace, but each phase (1,2, &3) must be completed in sequential order. You cannot move to the next phase until completing the one before it.
    - PHASE ONE: Just post your character showing up & engaging in a short RP with Finneas
    - PHASE TWO: You can only post in this thread after I, ArianaBlack, give you the 'go ahead'. One link to an outside RP with the babydoll is required. Include the link in your post & engage in a short check-in RP with Finneas
    - PHASE THREE: You can only post in this thread after I, ArianaBlack, give you the 'go ahead'. One link to an outside RP with the babydoll is required. Include the link in your post & engage in a short RP with Finneas in order to return your babydoll.

* Please note that the threads for PHASE TWO and PHASE THREE are not up yet. I will be staggering these threads as people begin to complete PHASE ONE.

This assignment will last until MARCH 26 @ 10 PM EST (gmt-5)
Old 03-05-2020, 03:06 PM   #101 (permalink)

Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jordyn Guidry
Graduated
x5
dream until your • dreams come true ~ Human pygmy puff

SPOILER!!: Professor Schmoe
Quote:
Whilst Naya filled out the paperwork, Schmoe filled out the birth certificate for her. And then when she handed it over, he traded her for that. "Thank you, Ms. Naya. Good luck!" He gave her a salute.

OOC: You now have permission to move on to PHASE TWO. Remember, this phase requires ONE link (if co-parenting, each parent needs 1 link though it can be from the same RP if both members are taking part) to an outside RP involving the baby in some capacity.

It was official. Naya was now a mommy and Sierra was her doll baby. She took the birth certificate from the professor. “Thank you. I’ll do my best to be a good mom.” Naya was a little bit nervous. Even though this was just a doll, she wanted to do a good job as a parent. Unlike some of her classmates, she knew that this was not going to be easy. Still holding baby Sierra, Naya put the baby bag on her shoulder. “Ok kid, here we go.” It was off to the Common Room so they could get acquainted.

You are Salt!
Old 03-05-2020, 09:10 PM   #102 (permalink)
Formerly: Tegz
Dark Force Defense League

DERP & DMT
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
???
Ravenclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ronnie Thurkell
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Jarsdel
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Calyx Morgan-Bott
Ecological Protection

x12 x12
lives in a hobbit hole || Ern and Touz's Nuzzle || roflysst || looking at a seed packet

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole black View Post
Yoyo couldn't help it, she peeked as Flynn reached out picking one of the cutest little dollies she'd ever seen with all the gusto he applied everywhere. She squealed in delight, closed her big eyes as tight as tight could be and grabbed the nearest baby. "and here's our second born." she paused meaningfully. "we love you just as much as.. " Yoyo glanced at Flynn, waiting for him to finish her sentence and name their firstborn.
"Marmaduke." Flynn supplied, realising that they might as well have fun with the names since it wasn't every day you got to just make one up. "Duke for short." Marmaduke Whitlock had a ring to it. He beamed at Yoyo. Her turn!

love is like a letter wrote :: and life is like an envelope
be careful who you give it to :: they might not give it back to you
Old 03-07-2020, 12:00 PM   #103 (permalink)

DoM & DMLE
Thestral

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Narcissa Hensley
Gryffindor
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emma Ferguson
Law Enforcement
Mysteries

x6 x4
Default Laurraa
Vanessa the Snot Girl l Rachels Rule | rock,tumble,&roll ❆ adorable coffee bean

Willa really didn't know if doing this baby project with Józef was a good idea, but here they were, and there wasn't much she could do to change it. She was quite excited though, even if she didn't know if Jo was the best choice for a father. It meant though, that they would get to hang out quite a lot and she liked the idea of that. She grinned at her fellow gryffindor as they walked to the muggle studies classroom to collect their new baby doll. "Do you want a boy or girl?" It felt like a bit of a weird question really. They were teenagers. But it was a plastic doll, and just a project. Willa didn't want any real life babies in a long time. Had to have fun first.

And then they were at the muggle studies classroom. She paused before they walked in, and she just raised an eyebrow at him. "If you leave me to do this solo.... I will kill you" She mused, with a little smirk, before she walked into the classroom. Here went nothing.

But we want to say. Before we drop the curtain. Nothing is for sure. Nothing is for certain
Old 03-08-2020, 12:48 AM   #104 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Reuben Albert Darcy-Stemp
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3
Sarah thinks I'm cute | Shan's safe space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachieRu View Post
Willa really didn't know if doing this baby project with Józef was a good idea, but here they were, and there wasn't much she could do to change it. She was quite excited though, even if she didn't know if Jo was the best choice for a father. It meant though, that they would get to hang out quite a lot and she liked the idea of that. She grinned at her fellow gryffindor as they walked to the muggle studies classroom to collect their new baby doll. "Do you want a boy or girl?" It felt like a bit of a weird question really. They were teenagers. But it was a plastic doll, and just a project. Willa didn't want any real life babies in a long time. Had to have fun first.

And then they were at the muggle studies classroom. She paused before they walked in, and she just raised an eyebrow at him. "If you leave me to do this solo.... I will kill you" She mused, with a little smirk, before she walked into the classroom. Here went nothing.
This project sounded completely and utterly bonkers, and like something Józef would do really badly in. And that was why he'd decided to partner up with Willa - she definitely seemed like the type to at least try and get a decent grade. Maybe Jó could just coast through the whole thing without actually putting any effort in?

"A boy, duh." And they were totally going to call him Józef Junior. Or maybe Józef the Second. He hadn't quite decided yet. He was still contemplating that as they walked into the classroom, and therefore missed her comment about killing him, which was probably for the best.

⇀ Standing now, calling all the people here to see the show_____________________________
Calling for my demons now to let me go ↽

Old 03-09-2020, 02:58 PM   #105 (permalink)

DERP & DMAC
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Siobhán O'Shea
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmina Payton
Accidents & Catastrophes
x3 x2
Default For Gemma (yes we're late but we're FASHIONABLY late and...ok we're just late shh)
The Kisapaths | Sila!Roti | -2 | TouchableHair | ToiletPaperGuy | QueenOfConfusion

"THAT ONE!"

Shivvy yelled calmly said to Cora in a VERY LOUD voice as she headed into the classroom and over towards one of the babies on the table. Was it a boy? Was it a girl? She didn't care nor check before picking one of them up. "LOOK!" She turned to grin at Cora, her new co-parent.

Look, if you moved its arm it could WAVE too! Look!

Wait, was this what her new baby sister would be like??

________________________________{Drabbles}_{Meet Lissy}_{DERP}
Old 03-09-2020, 03:16 PM   #106 (permalink)

Occamy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cora Dredworth
Sixth Year

x1
Default Late? Who? Not us.
connoisseur of comfort ❅ Crayola's Wibby Mrs Alex Turner ❅ Netflix and meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lislchen View Post
"THAT ONE!"

Shivvy yelled calmly said to Cora in a VERY LOUD voice as she headed into the classroom and over towards one of the babies on the table. Was it a boy? Was it a girl? She didn't care nor check before picking one of them up. "LOOK!" She turned to grin at Cora, her new co-parent.

Cora, being equally as obnoxiously loud and boisterous, was immune to Shiv's volume. Sorry not sorry everyone. They were about to become parents, this was a momentous occasion ok??????

"Ya sure?" With zero consideration for its fake little limbs, she snatched the baby off of her friend and gave it a shake and a jiggle. It didn't cry so that was a good sign, hopefully it meant this one was already broken and they'd ace this assignment without even having to try. "Yep, definitely this one."

Professor Schmoe, they'd take it!

_____________Take part in our Higgledy Piggledy House Cup!
Old 03-10-2020, 03:38 AM   #107 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

SPOILER!!: Carys
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTiger View Post
It had only been once she’d returned to the professor and he had slid the form across the table toward her that the reality of the situation Carys was signing up for had hit her. Yes, the baby was just a doll, but it was going to be hers and Eron’s for the duration of the assignment, and it had suddenly occurred to her exactly how long she’d been dating him. Namely, only for most of this term, unless she counted the times over the summer after he’d returned from his camping trip, or the ball that had been last term’s end-of-term feast. Basically, not long at all, but at the same time, she didn’t regret asking him to be her partner.

There did, however, seem to be the matter of naming their new ‘baby’, but after a bit of discussion she had turned back to the form and started filling it out, making sure to get both their signatures before she slid the page back to Professor Schmoe.

Baby Eira was all theirs now.

Finneas smiled at them uncomfortably, looking down at the form and using it to fill out the certificate, which he then handed her. "All set, Ms. Rose," he gave her a wobbly salute.

OOC: You now have permission to move on to PHASE TWO. Remember, this phase requires ONE link (if co-parenting, each parent needs 1 link though it can be from the same RP if both members are taking part) to an outside RP involving the baby in some capacity.

SPOILER!!: Whitney
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazykitty View Post
Professor Schmoe sure blinked a lot. Like, a lot a lot. It actually made her want to offer him some eye drops. But then, that would be rude. So, Whitney simply took the form and filled it out.

Once she was done, she handed the form back to the professor. Was there anything else or.....?

Yes, yes he did.

He gave her an awkward smile and thumbs up before moving to fill out the certificate using the information she provided on her form. Then, he offered it to her and gave her another uneasy smile. "Good to go."

SPOILER!!: Naya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daydreamer11 View Post
It was official. Naya was now a mommy and Sierra was her doll baby. She took the birth certificate from the professor. “Thank you. I’ll do my best to be a good mom.” Naya was a little bit nervous. Even though this was just a doll, she wanted to do a good job as a parent. Unlike some of her classmates, she knew that this was not going to be easy. Still holding baby Sierra, Naya put the baby bag on her shoulder. “Ok kid, here we go.” It was off to the Common Room so they could get acquainted.

Finneas watched as Naya left, speaking to her new baby. Yes, well, he wasn't worried about this one.

SPOILER!!: Flynn & Yoyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegz View Post
"Marmaduke." Flynn supplied, realising that they might as well have fun with the names since it wasn't every day you got to just make one up. "Duke for short." Marmaduke Whitlock had a ring to it. He beamed at Yoyo. Her turn!

Another pair he wasn't too worried about? These two. Though maybe he ought to be seeing as they were opting for TWINS. An incredible task by two eager young ones. He watched curiously as they bounced around the room, before standing up and moving their way. "If you could just sign off on this form... Then we can, er, make it official." Yes. Form. He was holding that out for them now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Form
Parent 1:
Parent 2: (optional)
Baby's Name:

I, [YOUR NAME(S)], hereby assume all responsibility for this baby. I agree to attend all check-ins with Professor Schmoe and will return the baby upon the end of the assignment.

Sign here:
SPOILER!!: Willa & Józef
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachieRu View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harron Peasley View Post
This project sounded completely and utterly bonkers, and like something Józef would do really badly in. And that was why he'd decided to partner up with Willa - she definitely seemed like the type to at least try and get a decent grade. Maybe Jó could just coast through the whole thing without actually putting any effort in?

"A boy, duh." And they were totally going to call him Józef Junior. Or maybe Józef the Second. He hadn't quite decided yet. He was still contemplating that as they walked into the classroom, and therefore missed her comment about killing him, which was probably for the best.

"Hullo," he greeted the pair with a nod of his head. "Please go ahead and pick one out, then we can sign some forms and get you all set to go."

SPOILER!!: Shivvy & Cora
Quote:
"THAT ONE!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterloo View Post
Cora, being equally as obnoxiously loud and boisterous, was immune to Shiv's volume. Sorry not sorry everyone. They were about to become parents, this was a momentous occasion ok??????

"Ya sure?" With zero consideration for its fake little limbs, she snatched the baby off of her friend and gave it a shake and a jiggle. It didn't cry so that was a good sign, hopefully it meant this one was already broken and they'd ace this assignment without even having to try. "Yep, definitely this one."

This pair....... They were....... Er.

He was nervous. Two Gryffindors together? Never a good idea. He gave them both uncomfortable smiles as he HEARD them exclaim all the things. "Er...." Yes. He made his way over to them, as they had seemingly picked out their baby doll. "Fill this form out for me, please," errrrrrr. Yeah.
Quote:
Parent 1:
Baby's Name:

I, [YOUR NAME(S)], hereby assume all responsibility for this baby. I agree to attend all check-ins with Professor Schmoe and will return the baby upon the end of the assignment.

Sign here:

You are Lemon!
Old 03-12-2020, 12:11 PM   #108 (permalink)

DERP & DMAC
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Siobhán O'Shea
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmina Payton
Accidents & Catastrophes
x3 x2
The Kisapaths | Sila!Roti | -2 | TouchableHair | ToiletPaperGuy | QueenOfConfusion

Text Cut: Cora & Schmoe
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
This pair....... They were....... Er.

He was nervous. Two Gryffindors together? Never a good idea. He gave them both uncomfortable smiles as he HEARD them exclaim all the things. "Er...." Yes. He made his way over to them, as they had seemingly picked out their baby doll. "Fill this form out for me, please," errrrrrr. Yeah.

If Professor Schmoe had asked Shivvy's opinion, she'd have told him that two Gryffindors TOGETHER was the PERFECT combination and thus an AMAZING idea. And if he had asked for proof, she'd have pointed to her and Cora. Voilà! Proof.

As it were though, she was fortunately (for Schmoe, mostly) oblivious to the professor's thoughts.

Laughing when Cora jiggled the baby (was it turned on yet? was this how babies worked?), Shivvy turned to the professor. "This one's the best, right?" They'd totally picked the best one out of all the babies. She grinned and quickly snatched the form from him and started filling it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signed Form
Parent 1: Cora Dredworth
Parent 2: Siobhán O'Shea
Baby's Name:

I, Siobhán O'Shea and Cora Dredworth, hereby assume all responsibility for this baby. I agree to attend all check-ins with Professor Schmoe and will return the baby upon the end of the assignment.

Siobhán O'Shea &
"...what should we name it?" She asked as she handed the form over to Cora for her to sign. Baby...bad...blob...was "Butt" an appropriate name? Maybe "Bud"?

"BANANA!" Ah yes, perfect, there you go.

________________________________{Drabbles}_{Meet Lissy}_{DERP}
Old 03-12-2020, 12:55 PM   #109 (permalink)

Occamy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cora Dredworth
Sixth Year

x1
connoisseur of comfort ❅ Crayola's Wibby Mrs Alex Turner ❅ Netflix and meow

Quote:
If Professor Schmoe had asked Shivvy's opinion, she'd have told him that two Gryffindors TOGETHER was the PERFECT combination and thus an AMAZING idea. And if he had asked for proof, she'd have pointed to her and Cora. Voilà! Proof.

As it were though, she was fortunately (for Schmoe, mostly) oblivious to the professor's thoughts.

Laughing when Cora jiggled the baby (was it turned on yet? was this how babies worked?), Shivvy turned to the professor. "This one's the best, right?" They'd totally picked the best one out of all the babies. She grinned and quickly snatched the form from him and started filling it out.

"...what should we name it?" She asked as she handed the form over to Cora for her to sign. Baby...bad...blob...was "Butt" an appropriate name? Maybe "Bud"?

Assuming all responsibility for the baby was a lot of..... well, a lot of responsibility.

Cora Dredworth and responsibility were two words that didn't really belong in the same sentence. Good job she didn't even read what it was she was signing, right!? She simply grabbed Shiv's discarded quill and plopped her own name down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signed Form
Parent 1: Cora Dredworth
Parent 2: Siobhán O'Shea
Baby's Name:

I, Siobhán O'Shea and Cora Dredworth, hereby assume all responsibility for this baby. I agree to attend all check-ins with Professor Schmoe and will return the baby upon the end of the assignment.

Siobhán O'Shea & Cora Dredworth
She was so busy signing that she didn't hear her friend ask what they should name fake baby. Nor did she see that section of the form, so when Shiv suddenly announced BANANA! she could only assume the random outburst was regarding lunch. She wasn't about to miss lunch for a baby.

"We've gotta bounce. Later, Mr S!"

She shoved the signed form in his direction, thoughtlessly thrust the fake baby at Shiv and then shouldered a bag of fake baby supplies. Ok byeeee.

_____________Take part in our Higgledy Piggledy House Cup!
Old 03-14-2020, 04:36 AM   #110 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default So sorry for the delay!
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Text Cut: Charlie & Professor
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusblackliveson View Post
How could someone not have snagged Heath way earlier than now? He always sounded like he knew what was going on in their classes they were in together. He was a smart one and she swore she needed to do okay on this assignment otherwise her mother would kill her. She waited after he said well, fully expecting him to say no because she had laid the big begging eyes on too thick.

"Leia is a very pretty name. Did you already have a middle name picked out?" she wasn't sure if he had some plan already worked out and she was throwing it all off by joining him. She glanced over at the bags, "I can go grab one. Do you want to start filling out the paper we have to sign?" She glanced back over at the bag. "Then we can start working on a schedule to help out with the baby. since we're not in the same house." She probably should have picked someone in Gryffindor but what difference does that make really.
Quote:

Finneas would be lying if he said he saw this pair coming. It was an unlikely duo, but he wasn't worried about their ability to succeed working side by side. AnYwAy. It looked like they were doing well with grabbing their supplies and picking out their babies. And so Finneas kept a form ready for them and slid it across his table for them to fill out when they were ready.
Parent 1:
Baby's Name:

Sign here:

This wasn’t exactly what Heath had envisioned when he made up a backstory for his “dad” character, but a good actor was able to think on his feet. While Charlie was talking, he was already reformulating his plans for his character. So let’s see… two parents in two different houses sharing one baby… Instead of playing the single dad of a baby girl who had tragically lost her mother, he decided to play his character as a dad sharing custody of a baby during a separation. This setup strangely reminded him of one of his favorite movies. Yes, he could work with this, as long as…

Heath had no idea how Charlie would react to his one condition. He fully expected her to put up a fight about the baby’s name, but instead, he practically beamed when she said it was a pretty name. “Thanks,” he said, smiling slightly. “I thought so too.” For a brief moment, he wondered if Charlie knew where the name came from. ZOMG, WAS SHE A STAR WARS FAN?!?!

Heath got so excited that he almost missed her question about the middle name. “Not really,” he replied with a shrug. Well, technically that wasn’t exactly true. He was just going to give her the name of one of the female characters in his favorite musical, but he thought Charlie could probably come up with something better. Anyway, he wasn’t terribly picky about the middle name.

“Hello, Leia,” Heath whispered to the doll in his arms. “I’m your dad, and she’s- “ He inclined his head in Charlie’s direction. “-your mum. Can you say hi to Mummy?” Gently shifting Baby Leia to one arm, he made his way to the table to fill out the form, leaving space for Charile to add her name and Leia’s middle name once she finished grabbing the baby bag:

Quote:
Parent 1: Heathcliff Jones
Baby's Name: Leia ___________ Rivers-Jones

I, Heathcliff Jones & ________ , hereby assume all responsibility for this baby. I agree to attend all check-ins with Professor Schmoe and will return the baby upon the end of the assignment.

Sign here:

As for working out a schedule, he had to think for a moment. “Uhh… maybe we could switch off every other day at breakfast?” he suggested. Or not… he was open to ideas.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
Old 03-16-2020, 05:51 PM   #111 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

SPOILER!!: Shivvy and Cora
Quote:

Quote:
Assuming all responsibility for the baby was a lot of..... well, a lot of responsibility.

Cora Dredworth and responsibility were two words that didn't really belong in the same sentence. Good job she didn't even read what it was she was signing, right!? She simply grabbed Shiv's discarded quill and plopped her own name down.

She was so busy signing that she didn't hear her friend ask what they should name fake baby. Nor did she see that section of the form, so when Shiv suddenly announced BANANA! she could only assume the random outburst was regarding lunch. She wasn't about to miss lunch for a baby.

"We've gotta bounce. Later, Mr S!"

She shoved the signed form in his direction, thoughtlessly thrust the fake baby at Shiv and then shouldered a bag of fake baby supplies. Ok byeeee.

Siobhán's question left Finneas rather perplexed. It elicited three or four blinks too. The best? In all the hubbub and confusion, Finneas replied with a hesitant, "Er.. Yes?" But not because their baby was one of the best? But because there weren't any bests? They were all the bests?

So that was his answer and he was sticking to it.

He had mild concern when Ms. O'Shea shouted out about a banana?? Er. Before he could ask the question, however, Cora was saying goodbyes and Finneas found himself waving and smiling at the pair. "Later," as the kids say.

It was only then when he looked back down at the form and noticed the name slot left blank.... Did..... Were they naming their child banana?

SPOILER!!: Heath & Charlie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post
This wasn’t exactly what Heath had envisioned when he made up a backstory for his “dad” character, but a good actor was able to think on his feet. While Charlie was talking, he was already reformulating his plans for his character. So let’s see… two parents in two different houses sharing one baby… Instead of playing the single dad of a baby girl who had tragically lost her mother, he decided to play his character as a dad sharing custody of a baby during a separation. This setup strangely reminded him of one of his favorite movies. Yes, he could work with this, as long as…

Heath had no idea how Charlie would react to his one condition. He fully expected her to put up a fight about the baby’s name, but instead, he practically beamed when she said it was a pretty name. “Thanks,” he said, smiling slightly. “I thought so too.” For a brief moment, he wondered if Charlie knew where the name came from. ZOMG, WAS SHE A STAR WARS FAN?!?!

Heath got so excited that he almost missed her question about the middle name. “Not really,” he replied with a shrug. Well, technically that wasn’t exactly true. He was just going to give her the name of one of the female characters in his favorite musical, but he thought Charlie could probably come up with something better. Anyway, he wasn’t terribly picky about the middle name.

“Hello, Leia,” Heath whispered to the doll in his arms. “I’m your dad, and she’s- “ He inclined his head in Charlie’s direction. “-your mum. Can you say hi to Mummy?” Gently shifting Baby Leia to one arm, he made his way to the table to fill out the form, leaving space for Charile to add her name and Leia’s middle name once she finished grabbing the baby bag:

As for working out a schedule, he had to think for a moment. “Uhh… maybe we could switch off every other day at breakfast?” he suggested. Or not… he was open to ideas.

Finneas sat patiently (and blinking profusely) as he waited for the pair to come up with all of the ideas. The discussion was interesting and he was absolutely eavesdropping, though he was looking down at the other papers on his desk pretending to... do something important. Yes.

Once Charlie signed her part of the form they could be off!

You are Lemon!
Old 03-25-2020, 03:04 AM   #112 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
Default hiiii sorry for the delay :3
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:

Carsyn. Finneas liked to think he was getting better at this, but in reality he knew it was just the color of their robes that gave it away. "That is correct, Miss Rose! And errrr a baby bag as well, if you will," and then they could get to the forms.
Honestly, Carsyn would almost rather prefer when professors called her Miss Rose or Prefect Rose now, since there was less chances of jumbling her and her sister's names, as was common to create some sort of hybrid name. "Right-o then," The Gryffindor nods, heading over to the table to select one of the babies and bags. Was it a boy or a girl, she had no idea and wasn't particularly sure it mattered? Although she had heard horror stories about boys peeing straight up during diaper changes, but these were dolls so surelyyyy that wouldn't be the case, RIGHT??

Presenting herself back at Professor Schmoe, with the baby cradled in her arms, she gave a small smile, "so uh, anything else? I guess I need to sign some sort of form? Do I have a boy or a girl?"

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin________________You look like my next mistake
Old 03-25-2020, 03:53 PM   #113 (permalink)

DMLE & DMAC
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kalie Carter-Hope Gellar
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ronan Victor Carter
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Alfred Ludovic Devereaux
Accidents & Catastrophes
x7 x4
Dem Carters | even 🕊🕊 have pride | | Expecto PAWtronum 🐈 | U-NA-GI

"Yay!" she said, taking the certificate from Professor Schmoe. Wait, why did she need a birth certificate for a fake baby? Oh well, it did make it more realistic. Whitney carefully tucked the certificate in the diaper bag and made her way out of the room with her new little one. Little did she know....

You are Salt!
Old 03-27-2020, 02:45 AM   #114 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

SPOILER!!: Carsyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Honestly, Carsyn would almost rather prefer when professors called her Miss Rose or Prefect Rose now, since there was less chances of jumbling her and her sister's names, as was common to create some sort of hybrid name. "Right-o then," The Gryffindor nods, heading over to the table to select one of the babies and bags. Was it a boy or a girl, she had no idea and wasn't particularly sure it mattered? Although she had heard horror stories about boys peeing straight up during diaper changes, but these were dolls so surelyyyy that wouldn't be the case, RIGHT??

Presenting herself back at Professor Schmoe, with the baby cradled in her arms, she gave a small smile, "so uh, anything else? I guess I need to sign some sort of form? Do I have a boy or a girl?"

"Just the form, if you will," he smiled awkwardly. As for her question? "Er... Up to you." He wasn't really looking up, he was trying to locate the-- AH there it is. The form. Yes. He held one out for her.
Quote:
Parent 1:
Baby's Name:

Sign here:
SPOILER!!: Whitney
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazykitty View Post
"Yay!" she said, taking the certificate from Professor Schmoe. Wait, why did she need a birth certificate for a fake baby? Oh well, it did make it more realistic. Whitney carefully tucked the certificate in the diaper bag and made her way out of the room with her new little one. Little did she know....

Finneas gave her a salute before looking down at his pile of things and stuff. So many things. So much stuff.

OOC: I will keep this thread open for at least 12 more hours if anyone wants to get some last few posts in!

You are Lemon!