sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1106 users online including...
PhoenixRising , Antoniotem

3 members
1103 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 58: May - August 2021

Term 58: May - August 2021 Term Fifty-Eight: Have Some Bread (Sept 2104 - June 2105)

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 12-04-2018, 01:01 PM

Default Gregory the Smarmy

Further down the fifth-floor corridor awaits a statue of a rather large bald man with several chins. If you know your potions or history well enough, you will be able to identify this medieval wizard as the inventor of Gregory's Unctuous Unction. Though a fine wizard, he is credited for worming his way into King Richard's confidence and making a fortune by administrating his BFF-in-a-vial to the former Muggle ruler.

While Gregory the Smarmy's story may be interesting to some, you might find what he is hiding to be more your scene. Looking closely behind the large man, you just might see a slight opening of a secret passageway. Few, however, have access to the passage and know exactly where it leads because not very many people know how to get the bulky statue to move aside. Trying all of the random passwords you know will result in failure and wasted time. Perhaps you need to take a leaf out of Gregory's book and find a way to excessively flatter him. Good luck.
Old 05-23-2021, 03:35 PM   #26 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
"Wicked! Do you have a favorite branch of magic that you're really good?" Maybe there was an area of magic he was better at than she was and he could teach her something from that. The look on Evan's face said it all. It always did whenever anyone heard she was already an aunt. "Uh-huh, for basically nearly my entire life almost. I have three nieces and two nephews." Lia took a brief pause again. "No but I wish they all were. My brothers are Claws and Lily is in Hufflepuff with our cousin Ryder. Luna and our cousin Reagan are in 'Currently Unknown'."

Dahlia smiled. "See, that's where Dahlia's can get really tricky. There's many colors just like other flowers and with that, each color holds a different meaning. Not all meanings very nice either.. the range from commitment, honesty, inner strength, change, and creativity to instability and betrayal." They were a beautiful flower though, especially when all the colors were grown together.

She was that type of person. The one who thought about that type of thing. What it would really truly be like to have her best friend become her actual true sibling. "Actually, no, I don't think it would. Just because they're you're best friend and I'm sure you want the very best for them, it can't be easy having them come into your home." Being a complete outsider on situation she could only guess that the circumstances may have possibly had something to do with the war since he had said it was over the summer. The war itself and all of last term was tragic enough then add in a change like that, it was a whole lot. In her eyes, Evan had the right to feel how he felt but if he was anything like her, he would feel guilty about how he felt too. Scamanders was a much nicer topic to talk about. "Maybe we can go together and I can show you around. I pretty much know where everything is." It could be lots of fun. "Uhhhh..." Was he ready for this? "Well.. ALL of them of course!" Lia laughed softly before shaking her head. "I love all creatures. I really want a cat but I already have Sir Frederik so that will have to wait a bit longer. Nifflers are really cute. Dragons, red pandas, snakes and bowtruckles.. cruppies." The list could go on and on. "What about you? Do you have a favorite?"

"Sundays it is! I can meet you back in the common room?"
A favorite branch of Magic? Well... he didn't much like any types of magic so far. But he supposed if he had to choose one, he had a better chance with Charms or DADA. "I'm decent with some of the more defensive spells. I'll figure something out that would be cool to teach you." More like a list of options because he wouldn't want to try to teach her something she already knew. "That sounds kind of fun. But I bet also kind of weird since it's been since you were so young?" Were any of them OLDER than her too? He chuckled softly at the unknown, nodding in understanding. "It sounds like a lot of you are Ravenclaw even if not all.. It's pretty fun sharing a house with siblings, isn't it?" 10/10 would recommend. Assuming they could choose and all.

A dahlia could meant betrayal? Evan had no idea on that, he knew colors presented different meanings but.. he figured with the language of flowers they were all something good. "What color means betrayal?" Merely because he was curious. "And what's your favorite color and it's meaning, then?" He assumed it was not one of the negatives, though maybe it could be.

... He was shocked. And feeling a small sense of... relief blooming through him at her words. It didn't ease any of the guilt he felt, because it was a tidal wave within him, but the small relief of someone not thinking he was the worst for having hinted to how he felt.. It was nice. ".. I love Sol, she's the first friend I've ever had. And my heart hurts at what happened to her parents in.. the war. But after last term.. I .. kind of needed a normal summer. We all did, and we needed our parents to be there for us and... they weren't because they had focused on the adoption and making her transition smooth. And no one.. seemed to care how we were feeling and what we'd been through. She thinks I hate her because I wasn't excited and welcoming and... first year Evan." He said it softly, but he was still surprised with himself that he'd said it at all. Perhaps it was just he'd received confirmation she wouldn't judge him. It... felt kind of nice having voiced it, yet at the same time he was immediately embarrassed and he could feel his ears turn red.

She wanted to take him to Scamanders and show him the layout? He smiled a bit and nodded his head, "That sounds like it would be fun. Maybe over the summer?" Assuming they were all fine at the end of term and she even wanted to still after a term of hanging out with him exploring. And then... came the list of her favorite animals. He couldn't stop the small laugh that escaped, "Well you definitely don't seem to be a big animal lover at all." His favorite? "Panda bears. They're really big and cute but essentially harmless." Sunday's in the common room? "Perfect! and then when we move to lower floors I can come meet you at the barns." So that way she didn't have to do unnecessary walking.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Old 05-24-2021, 01:22 PM   #27 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
A favorite branch of Magic? Well... he didn't much like any types of magic so far. But he supposed if he had to choose one, he had a better chance with Charms or DADA. "I'm decent with some of the more defensive spells. I'll figure something out that would be cool to teach you." More like a list of options because he wouldn't want to try to teach her something she already knew. "That sounds kind of fun. But I bet also kind of weird since it's been since you were so young?" Were any of them OLDER than her too? He chuckled softly at the unknown, nodding in understanding. "It sounds like a lot of you are Ravenclaw even if not all.. It's pretty fun sharing a house with siblings, isn't it?" 10/10 would recommend. Assuming they could choose and all.

A dahlia could meant betrayal? Evan had no idea on that, he knew colors presented different meanings but.. he figured with the language of flowers they were all something good. "What color means betrayal?" Merely because he was curious. "And what's your favorite color and it's meaning, then?" He assumed it was not one of the negatives, though maybe it could be.

... He was shocked. And feeling a small sense of... relief blooming through him at her words. It didn't ease any of the guilt he felt, because it was a tidal wave within him, but the small relief of someone not thinking he was the worst for having hinted to how he felt.. It was nice. ".. I love Sol, she's the first friend I've ever had. And my heart hurts at what happened to her parents in.. the war. But after last term.. I .. kind of needed a normal summer. We all did, and we needed our parents to be there for us and... they weren't because they had focused on the adoption and making her transition smooth. And no one.. seemed to care how we were feeling and what we'd been through. She thinks I hate her because I wasn't excited and welcoming and... first year Evan." He said it softly, but he was still surprised with himself that he'd said it at all. Perhaps it was just he'd received confirmation she wouldn't judge him. It... felt kind of nice having voiced it, yet at the same time he was immediately embarrassed and he could feel his ears turn red.

She wanted to take him to Scamanders and show him the layout? He smiled a bit and nodded his head, "That sounds like it would be fun. Maybe over the summer?" Assuming they were all fine at the end of term and she even wanted to still after a term of hanging out with him exploring. And then... came the list of her favorite animals. He couldn't stop the small laugh that escaped, "Well you definitely don't seem to be a big animal lover at all." His favorite? "Panda bears. They're really big and cute but essentially harmless." Sunday's in the common room? "Perfect! and then when we move to lower floors I can come meet you at the barns." So that way she didn't have to do unnecessary walking.
Defensive spells. This got her attention right away. After previous things and her clearly not go great magic skills as of recently, she needed all the help she could get. "Sounds good to me," she nodded her head. There was many charms and things she knew but did she really KNOW them? That was the real question. "It's lots of fun when we're all together and just doing things we like.. but there are times where it can be.. a bit much." Like this past summer when all she wanted was to be alone. "Yeah, lots of Ravenclaws in my family.. mainly my mum's side. My papa's side is mostly Slytherins. Uh-huh.. it would've been even better if Lily was a Claw too."

Yup, not everything had a good meaning. "Burgundy. Some say it's black but it really isn't." Such hard questions he was asking! "Well I like them all really but the blue one is really pretty and it sort of means changes, a new chapter."

Lia was always taught from a young age that everyone had the right to feel how they felt and that they shouldn't be made to feel badly about it either. So she listened without saying a word, letting Evan say what he clearly had needed to say for so long. "I umm.. well I really can't weigh in too much here because I don't know her or your whole family or the entire situation." So it wouldn't be completely fair of her to say he was completely right and everyone else was wrong. That wasn't how things worked. "Everyone needed a sense of normalcy when they returned.. it was hard. And I'm sure things were really hard for you, her and everyone else. She had lots of feelings and so did you.. things probably could've been dealt with differently.. but they weren't. Have you spoken to her about.. any of it? Told her that you don't hate her? Is she here too?" It kinda sounded like everyone had their wires crossed here and no one was listening to anyone.. so feelings were getting hurting. Lia thought what Evan really needed was a hug, sure a hug wouldn't fix the situation but it could be a small start.

"Over the summer or a holiday break. Whenever you can get permission." Lia loved making friends and she loved hanging out with her friends even more. So any chance she got to do so, she was going to take it. "Nope, not one bit," she giggled. "Pandas are soooooo cute!"

"Okay! Sounds like a plan to me!" And just to make sure there was no errors anywhere in her scheduling this time, she pulled out her quill from her and flipped through her book to write the information down that was needed. Perfect!

You are Bread!
Old 05-25-2021, 10:45 PM   #28 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

Quote:
Defensive spells. This got her attention right away. After previous things and her clearly not go great magic skills as of recently, she needed all the help she could get. "Sounds good to me," she nodded her head. There was many charms and things she knew but did she really KNOW them? That was the real question. "It's lots of fun when we're all together and just doing things we like.. but there are times where it can be.. a bit much." Like this past summer when all she wanted was to be alone. "Yeah, lots of Ravenclaws in my family.. mainly my mum's side. My papa's side is mostly Slytherins. Uh-huh.. it would've been even better if Lily was a Claw too."

Yup, not everything had a good meaning. "Burgundy. Some say it's black but it really isn't." Such hard questions he was asking! "Well I like them all really but the blue one is really pretty and it sort of means changes, a new chapter."

Lia was always taught from a young age that everyone had the right to feel how they felt and that they shouldn't be made to feel badly about it either. So she listened without saying a word, letting Evan say what he clearly had needed to say for so long. "I umm.. well I really can't weigh in too much here because I don't know her or your whole family or the entire situation." So it wouldn't be completely fair of her to say he was completely right and everyone else was wrong. That wasn't how things worked. "Everyone needed a sense of normalcy when they returned.. it was hard. And I'm sure things were really hard for you, her and everyone else. She had lots of feelings and so did you.. things probably could've been dealt with differently.. but they weren't. Have you spoken to her about.. any of it? Told her that you don't hate her? Is she here too?" It kinda sounded like everyone had their wires crossed here and no one was listening to anyone.. so feelings were getting hurting. Lia thought what Evan really needed was a hug, sure a hug wouldn't fix the situation but it could be a small start.

"Over the summer or a holiday break. Whenever you can get permission." Lia loved making friends and she loved hanging out with her friends even more. So any chance she got to do so, she was going to take it. "Nope, not one bit," she giggled. "Pandas are soooooo cute!"

"Okay! Sounds like a plan to me!" And just to make sure there was no errors anywhere in her scheduling this time, she pulled out her quill from her and flipped through her book to write the information down that was needed. Perfect!
After all the things that had happened previously at Hogwarts, Defensive spells were something he was very devoted to ensuring he knew how to use. For the most obvious of reasons. He figured prejudice based on his blood status was not something that was going to go away just because the Neo-Alliance had been stopped this time. And his best bet was probably fighting magic with magic. "Do most of them still live at home?" He figured the ones with children probably had their own homes, but that wasn't always the case. With so many siblings it certainly sounded like it would make a house... crowded. "Hard to get time to yourself ever there? Do you have to share a room?" Having his own room had been his saving grace for when he needed to be alone. Which had been often. "I bet. Would have been fun to share a dorm with your sister I'm sure." That's why he had had originally hoped Gryffindor for himself.

A burgundy dahlia? He had definitely never seen one of those before, but he was curious to. It sounded like it would be pretty, and the color had quite an interesting meaning. "I like the meaning of your favorite. A new chapter sounds nice." At least, in some ways. Changes were something the Ravenclaw could also be firmly against.

He didn't even want someone to tell him he was right. He knew he wasn't really... it wasn't a matter of who was right and who was wrong. It was just nice to say what he'd been feeling without... judgement. The summer had been hard enough trying to forget the previous months, but then the added guilty of not being happy at home had been weighing heavily on him. And it's not like it had even been just him piling his own guilt on himself, as his father had also had plenty to say on how he should have been the most welcoming. He started to shake his head when she asked if they had talked about it, but then at the follow up question he had paused, "I did tell her I didn't hate her. She didn't believe me. That was the most we really talked." That was the most he really talked to anyone outside of Maya. "She transferred to Beauxbatons with her... girlfriend, I think?" Good riddance on that one. "I'm sorry for... dumping all that." He was embarrassed now but... also still grateful she'd listened.

"Okay." That sounded fine to him. He wasn't sure he wanted to go home over break but.. if he had to he'd ask for permission. And if he could stay at the castle, summer would just be the winner. "They're adorable. They look so fluffy and cuddly too. Even if they could probably accidentally sit on you and do a fair amount of damage." Because LARGE.

He watched as she added it to her book, before reaching for his planner as well and adding it to his calendar as well. It was... a rather empty calendar, but it felt good to add some type of event with a friend in there.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Old 05-26-2021, 03:00 PM   #29 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:
After all the things that had happened previously at Hogwarts, Defensive spells were something he was very devoted to ensuring he knew how to use. For the most obvious of reasons. He figured prejudice based on his blood status was not something that was going to go away just because the Neo-Alliance had been stopped this time. And his best bet was probably fighting magic with magic. "Do most of them still live at home?" He figured the ones with children probably had their own homes, but that wasn't always the case. With so many siblings it certainly sounded like it would make a house... crowded. "Hard to get time to yourself ever there? Do you have to share a room?" Having his own room had been his saving grace for when he needed to be alone. Which had been often. "I bet. Would have been fun to share a dorm with your sister I'm sure." That's why he had had originally hoped Gryffindor for himself.

A burgundy dahlia? He had definitely never seen one of those before, but he was curious to. It sounded like it would be pretty, and the color had quite an interesting meaning. "I like the meaning of your favorite. A new chapter sounds nice." At least, in some ways. Changes were something the Ravenclaw could also be firmly against.

He didn't even want someone to tell him he was right. He knew he wasn't really... it wasn't a matter of who was right and who was wrong. It was just nice to say what he'd been feeling without... judgement. The summer had been hard enough trying to forget the previous months, but then the added guilty of not being happy at home had been weighing heavily on him. And it's not like it had even been just him piling his own guilt on himself, as his father had also had plenty to say on how he should have been the most welcoming. He started to shake his head when she asked if they had talked about it, but then at the follow up question he had paused, "I did tell her I didn't hate her. She didn't believe me. That was the most we really talked." That was the most he really talked to anyone outside of Maya. "She transferred to Beauxbatons with her... girlfriend, I think?" Good riddance on that one. "I'm sorry for... dumping all that." He was embarrassed now but... also still grateful she'd listened.

"Okay." That sounded fine to him. He wasn't sure he wanted to go home over break but.. if he had to he'd ask for permission. And if he could stay at the castle, summer would just be the winner. "They're adorable. They look so fluffy and cuddly too. Even if they could probably accidentally sit on you and do a fair amount of damage." Because LARGE.

He watched as she added it to her book, before reaching for his planner as well and adding it to his calendar as well. It was... a rather empty calendar, but it felt good to add some type of event with a friend in there.
Being unable to have her wand in her possession at all times last term had made it a bit difficult to learn a lot of the spells she should have known already. Not being able to practice outside of lessons really made things difficult but she was doing her best to get to where she felt she should be academically. Which meant she was likely pushing herself too hard at times. "My older siblings? Gosh no! They've all been gone for as long as I can remember." It had always really been the five youngest kiddos. Made sense why no one really knew she had so many siblings if she didn't tell them. "Umm, sometimes?" This past summer she mostly hid in her room and when she did venture out she was the clingy one. "Not anymore. There's a wall that separates mine and Lily's room but it's magically charmed.. we can make it go away if we want to." She nodded. "It stinks. We've never been apart before."

"As long as the chapter is a good one." So far it was going well. It was like a book though, who knew what that last page in the chapter would hold.

Now that had to stink. If she had been in that situation.. she'd probably have spent the entire summer crying. Actually, chances are she would STILL be crying about it. And she thought things between her and Tad were tough sometimes. "Maybe you should try talking to her again? Tell her how you really feel? And let her do the same?" Lia smiled softly. "It's okay. I know I wasn't much help but I don't mind listening."

She nodded. It didn't exactly matter when. If they had to wait until summer that would be fine. "Okay, yeahhhh but it would be worth to get to hug a panda bear!" Would totally rock an injury for that purpose.

Closing her book she smiled at Evan. "Looks like everything's all planned." Not that there had been much to plan.

You are Bread!
Old 05-27-2021, 05:58 AM   #30 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

Quote:
Being unable to have her wand in her possession at all times last term had made it a bit difficult to learn a lot of the spells she should have known already. Not being able to practice outside of lessons really made things difficult but she was doing her best to get to where she felt she should be academically. Which meant she was likely pushing herself too hard at times. "My older siblings? Gosh no! They've all been gone for as long as I can remember." It had always really been the five youngest kiddos. Made sense why no one really knew she had so many siblings if she didn't tell them. "Umm, sometimes?" This past summer she mostly hid in her room and when she did venture out she was the clingy one. "Not anymore. There's a wall that separates mine and Lily's room but it's magically charmed.. we can make it go away if we want to." She nodded. "It stinks. We've never been apart before."

"As long as the chapter is a good one." So far it was going well. It was like a book though, who knew what that last page in the chapter would hold.

Now that had to stink. If she had been in that situation.. she'd probably have spent the entire summer crying. Actually, chances are she would STILL be crying about it. And she thought things between her and Tad were tough sometimes. "Maybe you should try talking to her again? Tell her how you really feel? And let her do the same?" Lia smiled softly. "It's okay. I know I wasn't much help but I don't mind listening."

She nodded. It didn't exactly matter when. If they had to wait until summer that would be fine. "Okay, yeahhhh but it would be worth to get to hug a panda bear!" Would totally rock an injury for that purpose.

Closing her book she smiled at Evan. "Looks like everything's all planned." Not that there had been much to plan.
Had Evan been considering that and the fact she hadn’t had a full term of decent academics like he had before the year prior, he would have offered to show her everything he had learned his first year. If that would have helped he would have been happy to have done so. “Oh?” Well then, not as a full of a house as he was imagining. Though 5 did still seem like a lot. Which he had to then remind himself it really wasn’t and they had similar numbers for members of family all under one roof. “That sounds nice being able to have your own separate spaces for when you want to. Can you make the wall go away for only a little bit and then it goes back up?” Because that would have been even extra cool. “I’m sorry you guys were separated.”

“That’s true. But also sometimes even a bad chapter would be welcomed if it was getting away from another bad chapter.” He hardly cared what would happen this term, if anything, so long as it was not what happened the last.

He knew she was right, when she offered that he should talk to Sol again. And yet… he wasn’t ready. He didn’t trust that it wasn’t just going to be thrown back at him. About how awful he’d been all summer by not being inviting. How he was selfish and silly and mean for not having been supporting her in her grief. And he knew all that, he felt all of that. And yet.. He also knew that as much as he tried to play the part of big older brother and protector, he was just a kid. And a lot of him was hurting and scared and had not been in a position to be a pillar for someone else. He wasn’t ready to have a conversation and be told he was the bad guy, when he already knew it. “I guess so.. It seems something that should be done in person so.. I guess I’ll have to whenever I see her next.” It did seem important for in person, but he was also still stalling. “No, you were helpful. It was nice to just even hear someone say I’m not a terrible person for feeling what I’m feeling.”

He laughed at her next words, because for some reason he could see it clearly of her getting essentially squished by a giant black and white bear the horrifying part and yet still coming out of it with a giant smile because she’d gotten to snuggle the bear. It was comical and yet he also felt she should probably be protected in case the situation arose. “Or to roll down a hill with one.”

He actually had plans to hang out with someone? The idea made him feel warm and fuzzy and his smile grew a bit in response to hers. “Perfect!”

Old 05-27-2021, 01:58 PM   #31 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:
Had Evan been considering that and the fact she hadn’t had a full term of decent academics like he had before the year prior, he would have offered to show her everything he had learned his first year. If that would have helped he would have been happy to have done so. “Oh?” Well then, not as a full of a house as he was imagining. Though 5 did still seem like a lot. Which he had to then remind himself it really wasn’t and they had similar numbers for members of family all under one roof. “That sounds nice being able to have your own separate spaces for when you want to. Can you make the wall go away for only a little bit and then it goes back up?” Because that would have been even extra cool. “I’m sorry you guys were separated.”

“That’s true. But also sometimes even a bad chapter would be welcomed if it was getting away from another bad chapter.” He hardly cared what would happen this term, if anything, so long as it was not what happened the last.

He knew she was right, when she offered that he should talk to Sol again. And yet… he wasn’t ready. He didn’t trust that it wasn’t just going to be thrown back at him. About how awful he’d been all summer by not being inviting. How he was selfish and silly and mean for not having been supporting her in her grief. And he knew all that, he felt all of that. And yet.. He also knew that as much as he tried to play the part of big older brother and protector, he was just a kid. And a lot of him was hurting and scared and had not been in a position to be a pillar for someone else. He wasn’t ready to have a conversation and be told he was the bad guy, when he already knew it. “I guess so.. It seems something that should be done in person so.. I guess I’ll have to whenever I see her next.” It did seem important for in person, but he was also still stalling. “No, you were helpful. It was nice to just even hear someone say I’m not a terrible person for feeling what I’m feeling.”

He laughed at her next words, because for some reason he could see it clearly of her getting essentially squished by a giant black and white bear the horrifying part and yet still coming out of it with a giant smile because she’d gotten to snuggle the bear. It was comical and yet he also felt she should probably be protected in case the situation arose. “Or to roll down a hill with one.”

He actually had plans to hang out with someone? The idea made him feel warm and fuzzy and his smile grew a bit in response to hers. “Perfect!”
It was all in how one looked at the previous term. There had been months before and months after when she had her wand in her possession at all times, however the use of it was strictly watched. She hadn't been able to learn what she had wanted to learn. It was behind them now and she was making the most of it, the best she knew how. By use of books and the summer study sessions she had with Ingrid and her siblings. Lots of hard work was being put into getting to where she wanted to be. "It is.. most of the time." Nighttime had been the worst time over the summer. Lots of sibling slumber parties happened. "I believe so? Would you believe that I've never honestly tested that?" She smiled softly. "Thanks."

True. It wasn't so bad going into another chapter that was bad if it wasn't even worse than the previous one. She had read books that had just kept crushing her heart with each chapter read. "You're right. Those are the ones that do you keep you reading."

"That might be a good idea," Lia agreed, nodding her head. This was a very sensitive subject and it was probably much better if he did sit down with her and talk it out. "It should probably be only the two of you as well. No one else to get in the way either." No one else to butt in and take sides or anything like that. "What everyone seems to forget here is.. that we all went through something even if some of us went through a bit more. And it isn't fair to completely disregard how we feel over any else." It was a two-way street as some say.

Evan's laughter only made her laugh and she could totally see it happening herself. Cause well.. look what happened with Mama dragon and still had a huge love for them. G A S P !!! "Ooooh! I would soooo do that!"

Making plans was good. Not only did it fill a spot in her book but it gave her something to do, something to look forward to. "This is going to be lots of fun!"

You are Bread!
Old 05-29-2021, 04:15 AM   #32 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

Quote:
It was all in how one looked at the previous term. There had been months before and months after when she had her wand in her possession at all times, however the use of it was strictly watched. She hadn't been able to learn what she had wanted to learn. It was behind them now and she was making the most of it, the best she knew how. By use of books and the summer study sessions she had with Ingrid and her siblings. Lots of hard work was being put into getting to where she wanted to be. "It is.. most of the time." Nighttime had been the worst time over the summer. Lots of sibling slumber parties happened. "I believe so? Would you believe that I've never honestly tested that?" She smiled softly. "Thanks."

True. It wasn't so bad going into another chapter that was bad if it wasn't even worse than the previous one. She had read books that had just kept crushing her heart with each chapter read. "You're right. Those are the ones that do you keep you reading."

"That might be a good idea," Lia agreed, nodding her head. This was a very sensitive subject and it was probably much better if he did sit down with her and talk it out. "It should probably be only the two of you as well. No one else to get in the way either." No one else to butt in and take sides or anything like that. "What everyone seems to forget here is.. that we all went through something even if some of us went through a bit more. And it isn't fair to completely disregard how we feel over any else." It was a two-way street as some say.

Evan's laughter only made her laugh and she could totally see it happening herself. Cause well.. look what happened with Mama dragon and still had a huge love for them. G A S P !!! "Ooooh! I would soooo do that!"

Making plans was good. Not only did it fill a spot in her book but it gave her something to do, something to look forward to. "This is going to be lots of fun!"
Evan preferred to just try to not think about the previous term as often as possible. It was hard to avoid it though, despite his best efforts. He was probably behind for a third year as well and yet, they were all primarily in the same boat so he wasn’t too concerned. He could still study. “Which way do you usually have it? Up or down?” Having it up he could entirely understand why it would not be tested. Having one’s own space was a nice thing to do.

The heartbreaking ones were also the fiction he secretly couldn’t put down. They usually had some type of happy ending to them. And he supposed that’s what he was hoping for their lives as well. Terrible chapter after terrible chapter until… maybe happiness? He didn’t have much else to say on that matter so he just offered a smile.

Perhaps it was a good idea, but it really was primarily about his stalling than him actually being sensitive. “Might be hard to do but you’re probably right.” Though it might have been decent to have Maya involved too since there was also assumption she hated the newest family member. It was just that she was a kid too. They were all just kids. “I don’t think I’d call it more even.. Everyone went through something different and I think there’s ways to be respectful of that without diminishing.” He was not trying to diminish his friends loss or grief at all. But that didn’t mean he could ignore his own experiences to be the perfect supportive best friend. He didn’t have that type of energy level currently. “That’s fair though. We all have to work through our own demons..”

“It would be a lot of fun!” He wondered now if there was anywhere they could find pandas? Much safer than most other creatures.

“Yeah, it will!” He wasn’t entirely sure if it would be fun for her since… he wasn’t an overly exciting person, but still, he was certain he’d have fun at least.

Old 06-01-2021, 02:12 PM   #33 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:
Evan preferred to just try to not think about the previous term as often as possible. It was hard to avoid it though, despite his best efforts. He was probably behind for a third year as well and yet, they were all primarily in the same boat so he wasn’t too concerned. He could still study. “Which way do you usually have it? Up or down?” Having it up he could entirely understand why it would not be tested. Having one’s own space was a nice thing to do.

The heartbreaking ones were also the fiction he secretly couldn’t put down. They usually had some type of happy ending to them. And he supposed that’s what he was hoping for their lives as well. Terrible chapter after terrible chapter until… maybe happiness? He didn’t have much else to say on that matter so he just offered a smile.

Perhaps it was a good idea, but it really was primarily about his stalling than him actually being sensitive. “Might be hard to do but you’re probably right.” Though it might have been decent to have Maya involved too since there was also assumption she hated the newest family member. It was just that she was a kid too. They were all just kids. “I don’t think I’d call it more even.. Everyone went through something different and I think there’s ways to be respectful of that without diminishing.” He was not trying to diminish his friends loss or grief at all. But that didn’t mean he could ignore his own experiences to be the perfect supportive best friend. He didn’t have that type of energy level currently. “That’s fair though. We all have to work through our own demons..”

“It would be a lot of fun!” He wondered now if there was anywhere they could find pandas? Much safer than most other creatures.

“Yeah, it will!” He wasn’t entirely sure if it would be fun for her since… he wasn’t an overly exciting person, but still, he was certain he’d have fun at least.
Dahlia did her best not to think about things but it was difficult when there was ALWAYS something there to remind her of it. Basically everything at Hogwarts was a reminder. Her own magic was a reminder. "Now that we're older it seems like it's always been up." Although for some of the summer it had been down. Mainly at night, unless they had all slept together in the same room which they had done on many nights.

"Mhmm, that's exactly what I meant." Words weren't her thing sometimes. She knew what she meant and what she wanted to say but it didn't always come out that way. Thankfully Evan had understood. Lia offered him a gentle smile and a nod of her head. "And it's going to take awhile to sort through them in our own way. Not everything is simple and can be dealt with so quickly. I'm sure you'll figure it out and handle it when the time is right."

Lia smiled brightly at the thought of getting to play with pandas. Was there a place that allowed that? She wasn't sure but now she wanted to find out.

"Do we need to make any more plans for this or do you think this is good enough?" All they had was a time, date and meeting place. Which was good enough for her, she was A-okay with figuring things out as they went.

You are Bread!
Old 06-03-2021, 03:44 AM   #34 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

“That makes sense. As nice as it is to be with family, sometimes you need your own space as well.” And there was nothing wrong with that. Evan was glad their house was big enough to not have to share a room for that reason. His room wasn’t overly large, but it was his. And that was all he really needed. “Do you wish it was down more?” He supposed he was curious with as many siblings as they had, how close she was to all of them. Being a multiple was also a curious thing to him. Did they really have an easier time communicating like that?

As someone that also was not very concise with his words or direct with his feelings, he’d gotten good at trying to look for additional meanings and try to match the tones. He’d been misunderstood enough times to know that he didn’t want to do that to someone. “And.. maybe it’s okay if we don’t. Relationships and everything are ever changing.. Friendships included.” So long as she knew he didn’t hate her, that was fine. But maybe there was too much expectation too for their friendship to be what it once was. Or for any of the students to be what they once were. “People are ever changing too. Maybe we just have to be better at adapting sometimes…” And he’d figure out how. Maybe he could start to try to encourage changes, instead of fearing them as he did.

“Uhmm, I think that should be good? We can meet in the Ravenclaw tower and just work our way down from there? I’ll be in there so just.. Whenever you’re ready you can find me in the window seat.” He rather liked that spot and the view from it. Curled up next to a window that showed the world was large, while also in the only place he felt safe was reassuring.

Old 06-04-2021, 01:27 PM   #35 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:
“That makes sense. As nice as it is to be with family, sometimes you need your own space as well.” And there was nothing wrong with that. Evan was glad their house was big enough to not have to share a room for that reason. His room wasn’t overly large, but it was his. And that was all he really needed. “Do you wish it was down more?” He supposed he was curious with as many siblings as they had, how close she was to all of them. Being a multiple was also a curious thing to him. Did they really have an easier time communicating like that?

As someone that also was not very concise with his words or direct with his feelings, he’d gotten good at trying to look for additional meanings and try to match the tones. He’d been misunderstood enough times to know that he didn’t want to do that to someone. “And.. maybe it’s okay if we don’t. Relationships and everything are ever changing.. Friendships included.” So long as she knew he didn’t hate her, that was fine. But maybe there was too much expectation too for their friendship to be what it once was. Or for any of the students to be what they once were. “People are ever changing too. Maybe we just have to be better at adapting sometimes…” And he’d figure out how. Maybe he could start to try to encourage changes, instead of fearing them as he did.

“Uhmm, I think that should be good? We can meet in the Ravenclaw tower and just work our way down from there? I’ll be in there so just.. Whenever you’re ready you can find me in the window seat.” He rather liked that spot and the view from it. Curled up next to a window that showed the world was large, while also in the only place he felt safe was reassuring.
"Mhmm. Now don't get me wrong.. I love my family very very much and I cherish every single second with them.. and I'll admit to be an extremely clingy little brat over the summer but it's nice being alone too." On that very rare occasion that she wanted to which was not very often. She was a people person and enjoy being around others and creatures. "There are times that I do but I know that Lily needs her space too." Those are typically times when she'll go bug Luna or one of her brothers. Most of the time it was Elias because he was the other part to their triplet set. Three peas in pod.

Evan was smart. His words held a lot of meaning, more than he might of known or well.. meant for them to mean. Lia was trying not to take them to heart, she knew he was speaking more about himself and his situation, about things in general and not about her life directly but she couldn't help but see some of it that way. "That's what make it's difficult sometimes I think, we want to be who we one were but we can't always be that way. Time and situations change us and that's not always out fault or anyone else's but we have to learn to go with it.." It was hard. Life was hard. Being a kid was hard.

Another smile tugged at her lips at the mention of the window seat in their common room. "That's one of my favorite cozy spots too." When it wasn't already taken. It was the perfect place to sit and read or just curl up with a warm blanket and relax. She could sit there for hours upon hours.

You are Bread!