sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1163 users online including...
Antoniorch

2 members
1161 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 58: May - August 2021

Term 58: May - August 2021 Term Fifty-Eight: Have Some Bread (Sept 2104 - June 2105)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2020, 04:11 AM

Default Bowtruckle Island

Bowtruckle Island is a small thicket of wiggentrees on a hill (or island, to be generous) in the middle of the Black Lake. If one squints, the island is just visible from the lakeshore.

It could be swum to by experienced and advanced swimmers, such as those with gold-medal championship titles or individuals who have swum the English channel. But most Hogwarts students would find it easier to borrow a boat from the boathouse and row out to explore this island.

The bowtruckles on Bowtruckle Island are more wild and unfriendly than their few cousins who live in the Magical Creature Sanctuary; all are highly protective of their wiggentrees and well-versed in the art of defensive eyeball-scratching. But even these bowtruckles can (on occasion) be bribed by the usual offering of fairy eggs or wood lice.

Be careful if you visit here, as its main purpose is to serve as a sanctuary for the bowtruckles. You are in their territory now, so do not linger too long lest you get voted off the island.

OOC NOTE FROM YOUR GROUNDSKEEPER: I highly recommend RPing here as though you already got the boat and got to the island! We do have someone RPing actual Bowtruckles, so be on the lookout for them. You can, of course, RP on your own with a bowtruckle or two. Be careful, though...

Old 05-16-2021, 02:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young
International Cooperation
Default The Best Looking Noah
Sardine VIP || Shark Attack! || D A R T E R || Captain Oblivious

Misa had a page of notes of things to explore around the castle. She still hadn't found her place and was hopeful that across some water with a castle in sight would be reminiscent of the Seine.

Okay, hopeful was probably too high on the scale of how likely it would be that it would feel like home. But it was something to do and something to keep her mind off the reason she was at Hogwarts in the first place.

So she took a boat and rowed her way to the island.

"Land ho" she said softly to herself as she made her approach. What was this island called again? More importantly - what was it that lived here? She vaguely remembered some sort of creature being associated with it so hopefully she was dressed appropriately.

_____________________________________________I Was Enchanted To Meet You
Old 05-16-2021, 02:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DERP
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mackenzie Alistaire Mordaunt
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yoji Christopher Reed
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Mordred Alexander Mordaunt
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
River Scott Reed
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Default xD
Jedi Master•General Iroh•Java Junkie• King ♛ Stefan •Mycroft Holmes•Dragon Lord•Druid Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilFox06 View Post
Misa had a page of notes of things to explore around the castle. She still hadn't found her place and was hopeful that across some water with a castle in sight would be reminiscent of the Seine.

Okay, hopeful was probably too high on the scale of how likely it would be that it would feel like home. But it was something to do and something to keep her mind off the reason she was at Hogwarts in the first place.

So she took a boat and rowed her way to the island.

"Land ho" she said softly to herself as she made her approach. What was this island called again? More importantly - what was it that lived here? She vaguely remembered some sort of creature being associated with it so hopefully she was dressed appropriately.
Not all good things lasts, and that included one of Noah's hiding spots in school; the school boats. No one has ever bothered him while he used it as a hiding spot to have a nap... or when he was cutting classes, like today. The day wasn't any different; the fifth year, who took shelter and warmth underneath the coarse canvas, was obviously tired and fast asleep in the said boat.

As he was fast asleep, he didn't realize that the boat took off for the island. Not even the motion of a moving boat roused him from his sleep. It didn't take long for him to wake up however, since he'd been sleeping for almost an hour already.

Noah turned on his back, stretched, and pulled the canvas away from him. That's when he realized that the usual shade of the tree was gone, and... huh.

The Gryffindor sat up confused, rubbed off the sleep from his eyes and realized that the castle was on the other side this time. A few blinks and he realized that he was with someone... and thank Merlin it was someone he knew. "Out for an adventure?" he asked as he stretched his arms and let out a yawn.

"It didn't go quite as planned." | The Underground Studio
Translation: I may have caused irreversible damage on a monumental scale.
Old 05-16-2021, 03:24 AM   #4 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Not all good things lasts, and that included one of Noah's hiding spots in school; the school boats. No one has ever bothered him while he used it as a hiding spot to have a nap... or when he was cutting classes, like today. The day wasn't any different; the fifth year, who took shelter and warmth underneath the coarse canvas, was obviously tired and fast asleep in the said boat.

As he was fast asleep, he didn't realize that the boat took off for the island. Not even the motion of a moving boat roused him from his sleep. It didn't take long for him to wake up however, since he'd been sleeping for almost an hour already.

Noah turned on his back, stretched, and pulled the canvas away from him. That's when he realized that the usual shade of the tree was gone, and... huh.

The Gryffindor sat up confused, rubbed off the sleep from his eyes and realized that the castle was on the other side this time. A few blinks and he realized that he was with someone... and thank Merlin it was someone he knew. "Out for an adventure?" he asked as he stretched his arms and let out a yawn.
Misa let out a startled yelp as her boat suddenly came alive. She held a hand to her chest catching her breath when she realized it was a who that she knew that was her... captive? Shipmate? What do you call it when you accidentally have someone on your boat?

Whatever the case, she was just glad he didn't scare her enough to tip the boat. That would have been baaaaad. She was, afterall, afraid of drowning, it was really a miracle she didn't freak out on this boat.

"I thought I'd accidentally kidnap someone." she said watching his casual stretch. "Do you often sleep in transportation vehicles?"

Old 05-16-2021, 04:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

MO & DERP
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yoji Christopher Reed
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
River Scott Reed
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Jedi Master•General Iroh•Java Junkie• King ♛ Stefan •Mycroft Holmes•Dragon Lord•Druid Boy

Quote:
Misa let out a startled yelp as her boat suddenly came alive. She held a hand to her chest catching her breath when she realized it was a who that she knew that was her... captive? Shipmate? What do you call it when you accidentally have someone on your boat?

Whatever the case, she was just glad he didn't scare her enough to tip the boat. That would have been baaaaad. She was, afterall, afraid of drowning, it was really a miracle she didn't freak out on this boat.

"I thought I'd accidentally kidnap someone." she said watching his casual stretch. "Do you often sleep in transportation vehicles?"
"And you have," Noah grinned as he laid his head on the gunwale of the boat, and let his legs dangle on the opposite side making himself comfortable again. The Gryffindor squinted his eyes as he looked at the sky, considering Misa's question. "The actual transporting could be boring, having to sit and wait, and ask the old age question, 'are we there yet?'... so yeah, I'd rather sleep." okay, maybe that answer was too general, but she'd been a bit vague with that question.

"So... what's going on? Are you here to find wild Bowtruckles?" he asked, gesturing his head towards the island where they have docked. For someone who hated bogs, the island was an odd choice, but Noah wasn't going to judge. There must be another reason why she was far from the castle. A time alone, perhaps?

Old 05-17-2021, 03:42 AM   #6 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young

Quote:
"And you have," Noah grinned as he laid his head on the gunwale of the boat, and let his legs dangle on the opposite side making himself comfortable again. The Gryffindor squinted his eyes as he looked at the sky, considering Misa's question. "The actual transporting could be boring, having to sit and wait, and ask the old age question, 'are we there yet?'... so yeah, I'd rather sleep." okay, maybe that answer was too general, but she'd been a bit vague with that question.

"So... what's going on? Are you here to find wild Bowtruckles?" he asked, gesturing his head towards the island where they have docked. For someone who hated bogs, the island was an odd choice, but Noah wasn't going to judge. There must be another reason why she was far from the castle. A time alone, perhaps?
Misa couldn't help but smile at how casually he was playing this. Not many people (or any, really) could wake up in a different place than they fell asleep and play it so cool.

"So you don't enjoy the journey then?" she said hopping out of the boat and onto the island.

She paused and looked over her shoulder at him. "Bowtruckles. Right. That's what was on this island." She paused again. "Those are the sticks, right?" she asked. She vaguely remembered once being told it was best to bribe those things with food. Food which she didn't have. Hopefully that wouldn't come back to haunt her.

"I... uh... Actually came to see what the castle looked like from a distance. Trying to see if it would remind me of more populated areas." It actually seemed ridiculous when she said it outloud.

Old 05-18-2021, 02:21 AM   #7 (permalink)

MO & DERP
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yoji Christopher Reed
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
River Scott Reed
Minister's Office
x12 x12

Quote:
Misa couldn't help but smile at how casually he was playing this. Not many people (or any, really) could wake up in a different place than they fell asleep and play it so cool.

"So you don't enjoy the journey then?" she said hopping out of the boat and onto the island.

She paused and looked over her shoulder at him. "Bowtruckles. Right. That's what was on this island." She paused again. "Those are the sticks, right?" she asked. She vaguely remembered once being told it was best to bribe those things with food. Food which she didn't have. Hopefully that wouldn't come back to haunt her.

"I... uh... Actually came to see what the castle looked like from a distance. Trying to see if it would remind me of more populated areas." It actually seemed ridiculous when she said it outloud.
"Not really, no." Noah shrugged and thought that a lot of people shared his sentiment. "If you think about it, the actual travel is a waste of time. Thank Merlin for apparition and such." the Gryffindor wasn't exactly the patient type. It'd take a lot for him to actually do the waiting part, and if he had to, it could mean that the matter was of importance. "You've come a long way yourself. How's travelling for you?" he asked, turning his head to watch Misa get off the boat and stepped onto the soft earth of the island.

And...sticks? The Gryffindor scratched his temple and nodded. "Stick-like creatures, yes." Noah grinned at the thought of the wild Bowtruckles getting mad at Misa for calling them sticks, but said creatures weren't that petty.

This time, Noah got up from his position and moved to the center of the boat to look at the castle from their location. "Does it remind you of home?" He'd seen pictures of France from travel books and such, and it was a pretty place. Hopefully, some time soon he'd get the chance to visit, once he lands his first modelling campaign. "Do you miss it?"

Old 05-19-2021, 02:54 AM   #8 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young

Quote:
"Not really, no." Noah shrugged and thought that a lot of people shared his sentiment. "If you think about it, the actual travel is a waste of time. Thank Merlin for apparition and such." the Gryffindor wasn't exactly the patient type. It'd take a lot for him to actually do the waiting part, and if he had to, it could mean that the matter was of importance. "You've come a long way yourself. How's travelling for you?" he asked, turning his head to watch Misa get off the boat and stepped onto the soft earth of the island.

And...sticks? The Gryffindor scratched his temple and nodded. "Stick-like creatures, yes." Noah grinned at the thought of the wild Bowtruckles getting mad at Misa for calling them sticks, but said creatures weren't that petty.

This time, Noah got up from his position and moved to the center of the boat to look at the castle from their location. "Does it remind you of home?" He'd seen pictures of France from travel books and such, and it was a pretty place. Hopefully, some time soon he'd get the chance to visit, once he lands his first modelling campaign. "Do you miss it?"
Misa laughed, amused. "You know, there's some people that enjoy watching nature outdoors." She was not one of them. "The traveling from France? Or from the other shore?" she asked. Because they had pretty different answers.

"Sticklike. Got it." she said with a smile. "Thanks for the correction."

She looked at the castle with a frown. "There are some cathedrals with the same architectural style in Northern France." she explained. "My preference has always been the classic Renaissance chateau." French Gothic was also a pretty good one, but it was a common answer for other people's favorites so she never went with that answer.

As for the last question... "Yes. I want to go back. Maybe I can sneak off for a visit during one of my breaks." She'd have to go alone though. She doubted her mom would ever go back and she wasn't ready to have a conversation like that with her younger brother. She looked over at him. "Have you ever been?"