sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1099 users online including...

1 members
1098 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 54: January - April 2020

Term 54: January - April 2020 Term fifty-four: A Lesson in History (Sept 2100 - June 2101)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2018, 12:11 PM

Default Headmaster's Office

Well, it's an office.

There's a desk, there's bookshelves, the walls are lined with portraits of past Headmasters and Headmistresses as is the custom. Nothing out of the ordinary here.

On the large, wooden desk sits several pictures of a woman with a bright and enchanting smile. Some pictures had (if you asked the Headmaster) the cutest children ever to be created in the history of man's creation. One picture contains these beautiful people and Trent himself. Not all the pictures are still. The little girl in one picture blows kisses occasionally and the little boy who is clearly the older of the pair occasionally breaks into a grin in his own frame. It was his mother's grin, could you tell? Did you need a closer look? Don't smudge the glass and don't leave fingerprints, that's just inconsiderate. Look with your eyes and not your hands.

This is usually where you'll find the Headmaster, getting through some important paper work or making plans. It's of course, not a guarantee he'll be up here as the man does have a habit of wandering. Sitting still for hours was never his strong suit.

If you wish you speak with him, approach the stone gargoyles and have yourself a nice wait. They're not likely to let you in without the password and only the Headmaster and his staff are privy to that bit of information. Don't break them trying to force your way in anyway. They've been here since long before you were born and won't appreciate that kind of abuse. There's ways of trying to let yourself in that would prove to be less a nuisance--not that you're encouraged to. Whatever you've got to discuss with Headmaster Trent can't be THAT pressing. What's a five minute wait?
Old 01-14-2020, 05:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

At a sprint and out of breath Cole skidded to a halt in front of the stone gargoyles and heaved out in a yell facing the stone creatures. "S.O.S! HELP! My friend Stella has gotten stuck inside a painting: Please Headmaster Trent come quickly! The Fat Lady is alive in the flesh!" Panting and eyes worried and scared Cole walked around on the spot in front of the gargoyles. Headmaster Trent must be in, if he weren't here he didn't know what to do. Who else on staff could held his friend out of a painting?
Old 01-14-2020, 11:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

As far as things he didn’t expect to hear while at Hogwarts was concerned...that...that was one of them. A student...in a portrait and the Fat Lady...what?

Puzzled, but having heard the urgency in Vance’s voice, Trent rose from his paperwork and made his way down the spiral staircase. At the bottom, he found the boy pacing and was inclined to believe this wasn’t a prank of sorts, at least not one the boy was in on. Given everything that could go wrong inside the castle, perhaps this didn’t seem so far-fetched afterall.

“The Fat Lady is what now?” Alive was it? As in...really there or someone polyjuiced because after Zoryn Spinnet, the man had learned that when determined enough, the kids could very well brew a potion like that and run amuck inside the castle.

“Let’s start over, what’s the problem?”

That might have been the better question.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

Old 01-15-2020, 04:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post

Puzzled, but having heard the urgency in Vance’s voice, Trent rose from his paperwork and made his way down the spiral staircase. At the bottom, he found the boy pacing and was inclined to believe this wasn’t a prank of sorts, at least not one the boy was in on. Given everything that could go wrong inside the castle, perhaps this didn’t seem so far-fetched afterall.

“The Fat Lady is what now?” Alive was it? As in...really there or someone polyjuiced because after Zoryn Spinnet, the man had learned that when determined enough, the kids could very well brew a potion like that and run amuck inside the castle.

“Let’s start over, what’s the problem?”

That might have been the better question.
Cole's thoughts tumbled around as they kept going back to the scared Stella as he waited for Headmaster Trent. Pacing and pacing he glanced at the stone gargoyles wondering if they had delivered his message. He didn't know who to go to if it turned out that the headmaster wasn't present in his office at this hour.

Cole had almost given up when Headmaster Trent came down the spiral staircase. Taking a breath to calm himself he said trying to make sense even if he didn't completley understand how it had all happened in the first place. He owed it to Stella to try. "The Fat Lady was opera singing in her usually loud shrilly voice when my friend Stella wanted to get into the lion common room and said the password i guess. I really don't know exactly how it happened, but when i came up minutes after that the Fat Lady stood outside her frame on the floor. In human solid flesh like i could touch her if had wanted to, still singing opera and my friend stella waved distressed from inside the portrait frame at me. She asked me to fetch you...Can you please come and help us?" He asked pleadingly.This was by no means a prank. He was genuinly scared for friend.
Old 01-15-2020, 11:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

It was always something, wasn’t it?

Malachi gave the boy a once over to be sure he was sure of what he’d seen but there was no mistaking the look of horror. Even if this was a plan by less conscientious students, it was something that would need addressing. If this was REAL then it was even MORE something that required his attention.

“Alright. Let’s remain calm. There’s likely a reasonable explanation. We’ll get to the bottom of this and help her.”

Even if this did sound serious, there was no need to further alarm the boy. Panic never helped anyone. It just caused people to make simple mistakes and sometimes those mistakes turned out to be quite costly. “Let’s go.”

Off to see the Fat Lady...in the flesh...apparently.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

Old 01-16-2020, 03:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3

Cole never liked it when adults stared at him too long because then he always started thinking he had done something wrong when he in this situation definitley hadn't. He supposed that he couldn't blame Headmaster Trent though since what he had described was pretty weird.

Letting out a relaxing sigh at the headmaster's words Cole nodded at him "Thank you, I'm really panicked for Stella. She just wanted to get back into our common room." Not turn into a portrait. Following on the headmaster's heels Cole left to go back up the stairs to the seventh floor.
Old 02-02-2020, 09:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
quill 50 Inches of Parchment
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

After cleaning up the Duelling Arena, Bernadette had locked herself in her dorm aka, thrown herself on her bed and cried and then had stayed up all night writing her essay for the Headmaster. She hadn't felt sorry about following Godric Gryffindor's orders, but she had felt t e r r i b l e for disappointing and upsetting her beloved Headmaster. So it was kind of a lose-lose.

Plus, since Gryffindor had never come back to the duelling arena, she figured there was no harm in apologizing to Trent about the whole mess.

The second year had drifted off to sleep eventually and then washed her face, edited her 50 inch essay for any final mistakes, and was now here outside the Headmaster's office to turn it in. Um, but how did she get it to him???

She eyed the stone gargoyles, already hating this task because gargoyles. Ugh. "Excuse me, Mister Gargoyles?" Bernie addressed the bits of stone, parchment clutched in both her hands. "Can I turn in my essay to the Headmaster, please?" Or could they turn it in for her? She didn't mind leaving it here, except that maybe Trent wouldn't think she was serious about it.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind
Old 02-03-2020, 12:03 AM   #8 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

As it happened, Malachi Trent wasn't in his office at that time. No, he'd gotten word of Helga Hufflepuff being down in the kitchen and had hurried down to see if he could finally corner any of these founders. The founders were slick. For paintings hung on a wall for so long, they seemed to know how to make great escapes just before he got there and nothing, in the moment, frustrated him more.

Quite put out, the man approached his gargoyles, ready to get back to his paper work. It was then that he spotted one of two students he was still trying to mind his temper with.

Gryffindor told us to. It enraged him anew every time he thought about it, and he'd done a lot of thinking about it. There was a lot of time thinking about his students as a whole. How many of them would blindly go following dead people? Would they all need a proper talking to? The jury was still out on that one but something told him a little caution wouldn't hurt.

"Grantham." The Headmaster greeted simply. He noted the parchment and could more or less deduce why she'd come.

Malachi stepped onto the spiral staircase then gestured for her to do the same. No point sticking around down here.

Old 02-03-2020, 12:50 AM   #9 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
As it happened, Malachi Trent wasn't in his office at that time. No, he'd gotten word of Helga Hufflepuff being down in the kitchen and had hurried down to see if he could finally corner any of these founders. The founders were slick. For paintings hung on a wall for so long, they seemed to know how to make great escapes just before he got there and nothing, in the moment, frustrated him more.

Quite put out, the man approached his gargoyles, ready to get back to his paper work. It was then that he spotted one of two students he was still trying to mind his temper with.

Gryffindor told us to. It enraged him anew every time he thought about it, and he'd done a lot of thinking about it. There was a lot of time thinking about his students as a whole. How many of them would blindly go following dead people? Would they all need a proper talking to? The jury was still out on that one but something told him a little caution wouldn't hurt.

"Grantham." The Headmaster greeted simply. He noted the parchment and could more or less deduce why she'd come.

Malachi stepped onto the spiral staircase then gestured for her to do the same. No point sticking around down here.
Bernadette literally jumped when the Headmaster appeared, not from behind the stone gargoyles, but from behind her. Ahhhhhhhhhh why was he so sneaky?!!

She shivered and nodded to him, then, after a pause, stepped on the spiral staircase behind him. Wow. Finally. She was finally getting to see the fancy schmancy Headmaster's office. She wished it were under better circumstances, but as it were... Bernie realized she was finally winning a bet she'd had with Ilya from last year. Her stomach tied itself in knots and she wished he were with her here. She needed a friend right now. The Headmaster still looked pretty um, upset?????? To put it mildly???!?

Bernie waited nervously as the spiral staircase took them into the office at the top, still clutching her parchment with both hands, and hoped the Headmaster would say something before she had to.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind
Old 02-03-2020, 01:07 AM   #10 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

He hadn't planned to say anything, not at first. That left them with what might have felt like an excruciatingly long and silent ascent to the Headmaster's office. Even after they got there, all the man did was nudge the door open for her to enter before him and gesture her to the seat opposite his at the large wooden desk.

Malachi took the time to re-organize and shuffle around a few of the papers at his desk. Some he placed into the top drawer, some he moved to the very corner. That done, he took his own seat and looked to the young girl.

Angry? Nope. Definitely not. Whatever would've given her such a bizarrely accurate idea? Calm, he was calm. In truth, by this point he was more just disappointed with her. With the destruction of the arena, he could rage for another week but her personally...that was another story.

The Headmaster honestly expected her to know better.

So there he sat, waiting for her to state the obvious business that had brought her here.

Old 02-03-2020, 01:48 AM   #11 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries

Bernadette settled into the seat the Headmaster pointed out with a small sigh. She waited for an agonizingly long time while he seemed to open and slam close every drawer, and then shuffle and rearrange every single little piece of paper on his desk. Did he need another piece of paper on there, really? A four-foot-long piece of paper?

She took a deep breath when he just LOOKED at her, and then glanced down at the parchment she had been clutching with white knuckles. Maybe it would be best if she just.... just read it? To him? Because she didn't know what else to say or where to start, but the essay... the essay seemed like one place to begin.

"Dear Headmaster/Professor Trent, sir. After my actions today yesterday, I am not entirely sure that I do deserve to have my wand back. I was fooled, bamboozled, tricked, and misled into doing something destructive to Hogwarts property, and specifically to the classroom of my most favourite professor. And I take full responsibility for my own stupidity and I believe you deserve an explanation, an apology, and proof that I have learned from this mistake."

Did she risk it? Did she dare to look up? No, better not. Bernie was still full of fear for how the Headmaster might respond to her essay, so she kept reading.

"I was first just going to the Duelling Arena to see if I could get additional lessons from you. I value your classes, even though I am not very good at magic yet, nor apparently at making decisions, nor am I good at knowing when TO USE magic and when to NOT use magic. So when I walked past the Duelling Arena and saw G-G-Godric Gryffindor inside, or at least someone who LOOKED like him, I had to go in. He had this otherworldly, magical quality, like a picture book come to life."

Now she knew that he was merely a PORTRAIT come to life, and while she still didn't understand it, she at least knew it wasn't... um, how things were SUPPOSED to be.

"Gryffindor told us to make room for something he wanted to build, and instead of questioning him, or going to get you, or a prefect, or anyone who could c-c-check to see if he was real, I just blindly followed his instructions. This was a stupid move, sir. I understand why some of my classmates called me a moron, because I suppose that it doesn't really make sense for a founder from over one thousand years ago to be back at Hogwarts and walking around and blowing things up."

Bernie swallowed the lump of disappointment in her throat and continued.

"To tell the truth, HE didn't even blow anything up, probably because portraits can't do magic. Instead, he asked me and another Gryffindor to ruin school property, for no good reason, and he even threatened other students at our school, and wanted us to turn our wands on each other. I know that's not something the REAL Gryffindor would do, because it's not chivalrous and it's definitely not courageous to destroy perfectly good school property. My actions were just disastrous and foolhardy. I didn't do any thinking before casting those spells. It's also disappointing to me that one of my heroes would use my loyalty as a member of Gryffindor house for nefarious purposes. It was like I was put under a stupidity spell, and I didn't think about any of the consequences of the magic I did, before I did it."

She had even looked up words for this essay, did Trent notice? Also, even though Bernie had big and swirly writing, she was only about a fourth of the way into the essay. Did the Headmaster want her to continue? The second year felt like she had said just enough to peek at him over the edge of her parchment. She needed to see if she was completing this assignment correctly so far? Or not????????????!

Old 02-04-2020, 10:21 AM   #12 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

Of all the things Malachi had been expecting, her suddenly reading the essay was not one of them. A part of him dreaded this and for no other reason than he was afraid she would miss the mark and make him angry all over again. What if her answer was anything like her first bit back in detention? What if she'd chosen snark and he actually got mad enough to show her the proper means of destruction with a wand?

No, it was better he took it and read it in his own time away from her where he could process it all. But there she was reading it anyway and you know what? It was full of thought, real thought, not whatever she had back in the arena.

The Headmaster sat in silence, chin resting on his hands that were propped up on the desk. It was a pleasant sort of surprise, one that sent his temper sinking rather than rising as he'd expected it to.

"It sounds like you went back to your dorm and gave the day a proper look over. I want to believe that you mean it and that you aren't feeding me a few lines in order to get your wand back. This goes beyond that. People in the castle who shouldn't be are a direct threat to your safety and everyone else's." Something that had made the whole thing even more alarming.

Malachi reached for the top drawer of his desk and tugged it open. She could probably see the tip of her wand from where she sat. "I want to see more caution in the future. Gryffindors have a reputation for being idiots. That has a time and a place." The arena was not the time, nor was it the place. "Clear?"

Old 02-04-2020, 10:15 PM   #13 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default Trent should have an anger interpreter. Or an evil twin brother, that could be fun.

She did, yes. She had done a LOT of thinking, and writing, and drafting, and editing, and scratching things out and adding them in. But this was a clean copy of 50 inches of parchment, and she DID want him to read the whole thing if not now, then maybe later. Bernie nodded again at his comment about strangers in the castle, and had to bite her tongue to ask about where Gryffindor had come from then, and where he had gone since then??

But she didn't. She saw her wand in the drawer and went from staring at it to staring at the Headmaster and his intimidating!mad!dad! face. "Yessir," Bernie answered honestly. "Do you... do you want me to keep reading, or...?" You know what, maybe she'd better not. The second year gently set her roll of parchment on his desk, where it rolled itself up neatly, and folded her hands in front of her.

Text Cut: FULL ESSAY: A MUST READ.
Dear Headmaster/Professor Trent, sir.

After my actions today yesterday, I am not entirely sure that I deserve to have my wand back. I was fooled, bamboozled, tricked, and misled into doing something destructive to Hogwarts property, and specifically to the classroom of my most favourite professor. And I take full responsibility for my own stupidity and I believe you deserve an explanation, an apology, and proof that I have learned from this mistake.

I was first just going to the Duelling Arena to see if I could get additional lessons from . I value your classes, even though I am not very good at magic yet, nor apparently at making decisions, nor am I good at knowing when to use magic and when to not use magic. So when I walked past the Duelling Arena and saw Godric Gryffindor inside, or at least someone who looked like him, I had to go in. He had this otherworldly, magical quality, like a picture book come to life.

Gryffindor told us to make room for something he wanted to build, and instead of questioning him, or going to get you, or a prefect, or anyone who could check to see if he was real, I just blindly followed his instructions. This was a stupid move, sir. I understand why some of my classmates called me a moron, because I suppose that it doesn't really make sense for a founder from over one thousand years ago to be back at Hogwarts and walking around and blowing things up.

To tell the truth, he didn't even blow anything up, probably because portraits can't do magic. Instead, he asked me and another Gryffindor to ruin school property, for no good reason, and he even threatened other students at our school, and wanted us to turn our wands on each other. I know that's not something the real Gryffindor would do, because it's not chivalrous and it's definitely not courageous to destroy perfectly good school property. My actions were just disastrous and foolhardy. I didn't do thinking before casting those spells. It's also disappointing to me that one of my heroes would use my loyalty as a member of Gryffindor house for nefarious purposes. It was like I was put under a stupidity spell, and I didn't think about any of the consequences of the magic I did, before I did it.

I apologize.

I am very sorry for destroying school property, and especially for destroying the duelling arena. I had been looking forward to having a duel there myself, and instead of considering the time, energy, and effort that went into building the arena, I just blindly used magic against it. I apologize for not thinking and questioning orders that cause destruction, or where those orders come from. It is YOUR duelling arena, sir, and I should not have listened to anyone else who tried to ruin that special privileged room.

I now know better than to listen to any strange person that walks around Hogwarts. I am too old to be gullible. I set a bad example for a first year student and for that I especially apologize. Sir, I want you to know that I have now read my History of Magic textbook so I do know that the real Godric Gryffindor is dead and he would never want to see his precious school ruined. He also would show far more respect to a Defense Against the Dark Arts master and a Headmaster of his school. The real Gryffindor also would not destroy things willy-nilly and he would not feel threatened by students, not even by Slytherins. I am sorry for even hesitantly listening to him.

I understand if you wish to keep my wand until I learn how to use magic more responsibly, but I promise you, sir, that if you give it back to me, I will never raise it against a peer. I will also never harm anything in Hogwarts ever again. Not even a dust bunny.

I am truly sorry for my actions and I hope that you can forgive me.

Sincerely,
Bernadette Ophelia Grantham

"I did get fifty inches, sir. I promise I will N O T destroy anything at Hogwarts again." Truth be told, she actually liked this place, and most of the people in it.

Old 02-05-2020, 09:57 AM   #14 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Default He said his anger is fine thanks

It was good she'd decided to simply hand over the parchment rather than continue reading. Well thought out as her words thus far were, he didn't want to risk it suddenly going south. Perhaps later, when he was unwinding with some of his wife's cakes and a cup of tea, he'd read the rest. But not now, not while he was on a forgiving bend. Not while she was looking so responsible.

"I'll choose to believe you." On the inch count. Malachi reached for the parchment and placed it in the drawer, fishing out the wand while he was at it.

"A wand is a big responsibility. It gives you far more power than you would otherwise have and all that power needs careful consideration. How will you use it? Are you misusing it? These are questions you should ask. I'm glad you've seen the light without me having to drill it into you. Means there's still hope." Which was a relief. Rainbow Truffles was a good bean, just....often overzealous and brimming with misplaced enthusiasm. On their own, those weren't the worst things she could be.

"You may have your wand back. Don't make me have to take it again." Slim chance she'd get it back after that. "So. Most favourite professor, eh?"

Old 02-06-2020, 01:59 AM   #15 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default but we want to see a little c h a o s and D E S T R U C T I O N

What a kind Headmaster they had. Whewwwwww. Trent was not Desmarisish or whatever her name had been at Beauxbatons, that was for sure. He had the patience of a saint, honestly, for explaining wands to her again.

Bernie nodded seriously at his mini-lecture and gently acempted her wand back. "Thank you, sir." Oh, no, dang it, he HAD been listening to her essay/speech; nothing she'd said had been missed! OH NO! The second year blushed and looked down at her hands.

"Well, yes, that is true," she answered softly, suddenly becoming very interested in a spot on her shoe, and studying it intently before she looked back up and at a different spot, this time one slightly above Trent's head. Nargles, was it? Nargles, in this office?! She hesitated before adding on to her answer. "You're my most favourite professor because you patiently explain things to me and help me figure out and learn from my mistakes, and you don't make me feel stupid for not understanding magic and wizard stuff and decorum and all that. And you gave me another chance, even after all the STUFF at Beauxbatons last year and um, my adventures this year....."

Bernie was definitely blushing again, and now clutching her wand (dear, darling mahogany Effie was in fine condition now) as she managed to make eye contact with the Headmaster Professor. "I think this school is more strict than Muggle schools, but you haven't even kicked me out yet. Or suspended me. Or written to my parents. And I appreciate that. And so... thanks."

Merlin, if she went on, she might get choked up about it all. Better stop now before the Headmaster got a big head and all that.

Old 02-06-2020, 10:07 AM   #16 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Default Where is all this GRYFFINDOR ENERGY coming from???

Of course he'd been listening. The Headmaster had no choice but to intently dissect every line once she'd decided to get it over with then and there. It was the only thing to do, in case he needed to slap another detention on her and with the Weasley swamp threatening to leave its boundaries again, he'd had the perfect set up in mind.

By possibly luck and the fact she'd actually used her brain, he would have to find someone else to clean up the extra bits of the swamp. Alas, it wouldn't be a problem. The school was apparently filled with trouble makers and with Godric Gryffindor roaming free somewhere, the number was only likely to rise.

"Keep using that head of yours for good and you'll have no worry about expulsion or getting your parents involved." Admittedly, her latest little speech was...what was the word? Endearing. Yes, that was it. Endearing and reminded him why he didn't write students off the moment he had to yell at them. "I don't think you're beyond correction. I think most times you mean well but don't always know how to do well. Not performance wise but in the sense of doing the expected thing." So there was no need for most of the outcomes she'd listed.

Point loss, sure. Detention, why not? But she was hardly the worst student he'd ever seen.

"I'll let you go, but if you happen to run into any other founders, I'd like you to let me know." Before it could get out of hand again.

Old 02-07-2020, 02:29 AM   #17 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default you... i learned it from the best!

Bernie nodded, still blushing, but honestly agreeing with most of what the Headmaster said. She still thought it was good to do the unexpected thing most of the time, but she would be thinking more before she acted now. She was getting older, after all, and couldn't be a bad influence on the younger students.

But anyway, those darn founders. "I will," she promised the Headmaster, even as SOOOoooooooOOoooooooooooo many questions popped into her head. She hesitated, but had to ask one. "Why do you think they're here? Is it like, because Hogwarts was empty last year? Did the Boggarts bring 'em out?" WHY? And whhhhhhyyyy did Godric Gryffindor want to fight everyone? Y'know she'd expected him to be taller and scarier, but she didn't say that to Trent. The Headmaster could be the taller and scarier headmaster here.

Old 02-07-2020, 11:09 AM   #18 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Default WoOOooW, this call out tho *halo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
Bernie nodded, still blushing, but honestly agreeing with most of what the Headmaster said. She still thought it was good to do the unexpected thing most of the time, but she would be thinking more before she acted now. She was getting older, after all, and couldn't be a bad influence on the younger students.

But anyway, those darn founders. "I will," she promised the Headmaster, even as SOOOoooooooOOoooooooooooo many questions popped into her head. She hesitated, but had to ask one. "Why do you think they're here? Is it like, because Hogwarts was empty last year? Did the Boggarts bring 'em out?" WHY? And whhhhhhyyyy did Godric Gryffindor want to fight everyone? Y'know she'd expected him to be taller and scarier, but she didn't say that to Trent. The Headmaster could be the taller and scarier headmaster here.
"Honestly?" Trent leaned back in his chair, gauging how much he was willing to send the Gryffindor away with. "I'm not entirely sure. There's a few things that could've brought them here and that's only if they are who they're pretending to be. I've got a few hunches I'll be following up on but that's why we can't be blindly following along with just anything they say."

Had to find out more about them first. Their purpose, their motivation, all that fancy stuff.

"I've already ruled out a few things but there's still a few more. It's nothing for you to worry about. Your professors and I will handle it."

He'd...just have to find these founders first. But with all he'd been hearing, he didn't suspect they'd be tremendously difficult to track for too long.

It was just a matter of time and patience.

Old 02-07-2020, 04:43 PM   #19 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Gryffindor <---- :p

Quote:
"Honestly?" Trent leaned back in his chair, gauging how much he was willing to send the Gryffindor away with. "I'm not entirely sure. There's a few things that could've brought them here and that's only if they are who they're pretending to be. I've got a few hunches I'll be following up on but that's why we can't be blindly following along with just anything they say."

Had to find out more about them first. Their purpose, their motivation, all that fancy stuff.

"I've already ruled out a few things but there's still a few more. It's nothing for you to worry about. Your professors and I will handle it."

He'd...just have to find these founders first. But with all he'd been hearing, he didn't suspect they'd be tremendously difficult to track for too long.

It was just a matter of time and patience.
Well how did one determine if a being who LOOKED like Godric Gryffindor and ACTED like Godric Gryffindor *WAS* actually Godric Gryffindor or not? "Surely there's a potion to test out their identities or something..." she mused, though Bernie was also wondering HOW on Earth one made a founder, or a ghost or something, imbibe a potion????

She tapped her chin thoughtfully but nodded at the usual 'your professors and I will handle it' answer. Wasn't that what he always said? Bernie sighed and moved to stand up, unsure if she should bow or curtsy or something to the HeadmasterProfessor? It was his office, after all, and it was a VERY nice office.

"Erm, thank you again for listening, and for letting me have my wand back, sir." Bernie quickly dipped into a small bow, much like they were taught for duelling purposes, and then made for the door in an awkward scurry.

Old 02-21-2020, 10:21 PM   #20 (permalink)
Other Characters
Flobberworm

Problems. So many problems.

So much purging to do.

He'd tried talking to the staff about what needed to be done, but all in all, it had been a complete waste of time - even with the designated leader of his own house. Pah! Useless, the lot of them. So he was going to the source. The one that had truly ruined standards around here, and let them continue to fall on a daily basis.

"Trent!" he called out as he reached the gargoyles outside the man's office. "We need to talk. NOW." He paced back and forth, hoping the man had sense to come down quickly. If not, well... Slytherin was a founder. He knew this castle...and if the Headmaster thought some gargoyles would stop him storming upstairs himself, he was sorely mistaken.

"I'm waiting..."
Old 02-22-2020, 01:35 AM   #21 (permalink)
Other Characters
Bundimun

Why was it everywhere that Godric sought to be Salazar was there already?

"I beseech you to cease using your abilities against me, Salazar," the lion maned Englishman growled at the bearded snake as he too approached the soon-to-be-former headmaster's gargoyles. "Your Legilimency is as slimey as you are."

Strutting up to the gargoyle itself, Godric drew his sword once more (which he had cleaned since its previous blow) and gave the stone a firm TWACK with the blade.

"I SAY!" Another TWACK, this one producing an impressive shower of sparks. "I SAY! BRING US TO TRENT! I HAVE A DUEL TO BEST HIM IN!"

It was the only honorable way to deal with such matters.

Pausing his whacking, chest heaving, he briefly turned his attention back to Salazar. "I take it your negotiations were fruitless?" So much was obvious by the manner in which his brow was creased. "Brute force is the only way to handle these people, Salazar."
Old 02-22-2020, 04:45 AM   #22 (permalink)
Other Characters

Well, it was a surprise to see the two thick-headed men at the Headmaster's office when she arrived there as well. Perhaps they weren't that thick after all.

"Godric, please stop your bellowing," Rowena said as she approached the stone gargoyles, her royal blue dress trailing behind her. "Gentlemen," she said firmly, giving the two men stern looks. "We must use our minds. Not our wands." That came with an extra look toward Godric, who apparently was keen on dueling the man who was running the castle to the ground.

"We'll need a strategy. Starting with getting this fool out of this office." And Rowena did hope that the man was listening from inside said office.
Old 02-23-2020, 03:00 AM   #23 (permalink)
Other Characters
Bundimun

"I said nothing about wands, Rowena," Godric huffed before giving the gargoyle another firm TWACK to accent his point. He had raised no wand even once since stepping into their old, new surroundings. A frustrating realization attached to that extension of himself. But other than that inability, there would be little honor in a duel where his opponent had no chance to land a hit. They merely need ask the French man about THAT.

"The strategy is simple. I challenge him to a duel for the headmaster's seat. I win. He is out. Simple as 1, 2, 3!"
Old 02-23-2020, 04:18 AM   #24 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

...Nope.

Malachi approached the gargoyles, having just finished up some business on the grounds and instantly felt a headache come on. Three of four founders, one assaulting his gargoyles, talk of duels. He didn't need to hear the entire conversation to know this was a big NOPE.

The problem?

As Headmaster, he couldn't very well ignore them. In fact, it was probably for the better that they were here. As......eye opening as them being here had been, he couldn't leave them walking around indefinitely. It was about time they were getting back to their frames like the other portraits who'd begun stretching their legs had.

Malachi took a deep breath to right himself before talking closer but he ultimately stopped a few feet away because Gryffindor was there with that bloody sword again.

HE was the benediction in all this. What he'd done to De Nostredame. Couldn't possibly let them remain roaming.

"I don't think there's a point beating around the bush here." Not when he wanted them gone and didn't think they had a choice in the matter. "It's time to return to your frames. I'm glad most of you are here. I won't have to track you down. It's been....it's been something, but it's time the castle got back in order. You've had your fun. Where are your frames? We'll get you back, safe and sound." And out of his hair.

Old 02-23-2020, 06:47 AM   #25 (permalink)
Other Characters
Flobberworm

Helga scurried down the corridor, her pockets filled with snack packets. A meeting without snacks was hardly a meeting at all. Besides, this would surely be an unpleasant meeting and snacks lifted everyone's moods. Coincidentally, snacks were also the reason why she was running quite late.

"Hello, hello," she sung as she neared the crowd gathered by the gargoyles. "Malachi, dear, you look quite tense," she reached into her pockets and felt around for a moment before pulling out some chocolates and offering them to him. "Eat. Now, what is this talk about leaving?" Her voice was both gentle and firm as she looked at him with concern. "We can't go back. There is work to be done and while I admire your perseverance, you ought to step back and rest, m'dear. You are very tired. This is no state to be in when running a school, wouldn't you agree?"