sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1117 users online including...
Stevendalo , astrocat , gotovim_quMn , natethegreat , workwethozy , Kevinmit , HoustonCoets , Evawxa , Evadng , Anthonylx

13 members
1104 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Ministry Archive > Charles Hollingberry Era

Charles Hollingberry Era All historical records pertaining to Ministry of Magic RPG under Minister for Magic, Charles Hollingberry [IC March 2097 - present; OOC November 2018 - present]

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 02-17-2020, 12:42 AM

Default Ministry's Karaoke Night

Imagine this: you're in a room full of people you work with. Some you might like, some you might not like as much, some you might not even know. And yet, you're all awkwardly swaying to a song you've heard before but can't quite place at the moment. The melody sounds familiar but the lyrics...the singer...something's not quite adding up.

When you finally lift your gaze to the small stage that's been set up, confusion written all across your face, it all suddenly makes sense. It's that woman with the crimson hair you ran across the other day at the Ministry's food court. And she's singing (?) her own rendition of a very popular Wrock song, trying to keep up with the lyrics magically appearing in the air in front of her.

Yes, this is the Ministry's Karaoke Night and you're all going to have so much fun!

Of course, singing is NOT mandatory. However, your department heads are watching and they're always looking for volunteers to do paperwork. And surely, if you spent your night belting out songs into a microphone, you'd be way too tired for any sort of paperwork...

Hot drinks and hipster treats provided.
Old 02-20-2020, 08:40 PM   #26 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

SPOILER!!: Gems, the two of ya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post
Oh, hello there Blondie. Caleb caught a glance of the younger women, who he DEFINITELY did not recognize, and was pleased to see that she didn't look like she was all that enthused to be there - just like him. He knew that karaoke was definitely right up some people's alleys - Chloe, for example, seemed to be enjoying herself - and he was relieved to see that he wasn't the only one who looked like they wanted to be anywhere but there. Perfect.

He was about to go up to her and start up a conversation when...ugh, of course. He rolled his eyes slightly as the older man approached her, even though he couldn't hear a word he was saying if he had to guess, it was super corny. He paused for a moment before shrugging to himself and approaching her anyways, smiling at both the dude AND the girl in a welcoming sort of way.

"Don't worry - I don't think we have to stick around TOO long before we can sneak out of here," he said with a small chuckle to the two, acting completely unaware of the fact that he may have just interrupted. No, he was just starting a friendly conversation with two strangers. Making small talk. All that fun stuff. "I'm Caleb, by the way, I don't think I've met either of you," he added, holding out a hand for a shake. A genuine introduction for the lady - as for the guy, he really could care less about him. He was just being polite.

Out of the corner of his eye, Caleb spotted a man nearby eyeing him up, and looked over just in time to see him smile his direction and wink at him. At...at HIM? Oh. Interesting development. He smiled at him and gave a little finger wave of acknowledgement as he watched him walk off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegz View Post
Maybe she should have started a bet to see how long before there would be an approach. Or two, as it were.

Stella's eyes cut sideways to the first bloke when he addressed her and then her head tracked around to follow a moment later. WAS she in the right place? She supposed it wasn't the worst kind of line out there. "Any place I am in is the right place, Monsieur."

And then the other. Stella studied that one too with a faint air of amusement. Did she really look so out of place? Both of them had, in their own way, said as much. Though escaping was definitely on her agenda at some point. "Non, you have not, I am new." He could have her name- they both could- but she kept her hand. "Stella Jarsdel."

Ah, so she was French. Well that was a buzzkill. He knew about three French words: champagne, escargot, and oui, if that one counted as a word. This was going to be more difficult than he'd thought, particularly because one puppy dog of a manboy was now swooping in to check Fletcher's vibe.

He sighed; he hadn't even had time to respond to Legs on his own.

"Caleb, by the way," Fletcher repeated not at all sarcastically as he shook the boy's hand with quite a firm grip of his own. "I'm Fletcher, by the way." Did he sound like he was making fun of the young man, or did it just come off as a dad joke? Heh. "Junior Undersecretary to the Minister for Magic." As such, he was very interested in how Caleb was describing this event to the new employee, Stella. Apparently it was something she should just blow off, huh?

Fletcher narrowed his eyes at the other man. "So you're not enjoying hearing your coworkers butcher popular Muggle and wrock songs, Caleb? Are you saying I'm not to expect you up on that stage any minute now?" What a shame; he was so looking forward to seeing someone embarrass their self, and Caleb looked like exactly the person he had in mind. Well, there was a brave soul up there now, singing quite the old rock song about.... stalking, was it?

"I'll be sure to pass your compliments along to the Minister," Fletcher added, his eyes drifting cooly toward Caleb and then back to Stella. "I'm afraid this party isn't indicative of how we usually do things here."

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind
Old 02-20-2020, 10:19 PM   #27 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
Default Caleb, Alba, and a mention of Topanga
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Text Cut: Caleb
Quote:
Out of the corner of his eye, Caleb spotted a man nearby eyeing him up, and looked over just in time to see him smile his direction and wink at him. At...at HIM? Oh. Interesting development. He smiled at him and gave a little finger wave of acknowledgement as he watched him walk off.

Text Cut: Alba
Quote:
Originally Posted by love-for-HP View Post
"What do you meant that's not dancing! That's the hottest two step around!" Alba added with a smirk. Once again she was reminded how much she had missed Valentin and how happy she was he was back. "I bet you sing beautifully." Alba added not pushing the matter just yet... but she had a feeling .. maybe after the drink ... she could convince him to do it.

And then ... was that a blush upon Vale's face? Alba was sure of it! And he was blushing while looking at a gentleman across the way. "Vale, I think he waved back to you!" She told him smiling from ear to ear ... maybe she could play match maker ... and then it hit her ... that small tinge of jealousy .... Alba couldn't understand why .. she had known from the very beginning who Valentin was, he had made it no secret, and Alba didn't care at all, she was looking for a friend ... but maybe that where the jealousy arose from. If Vale started dating ... would she loose her friend? Trying to shake off the feeling and still be upbeat she turned back toward Vale. "Should we go introduce ourselves?? Or perhaps you already know him?" He seemed to have connections in all places so maybe he already did know him.

”Dancing requiyaires grace and elegance...and zat was more like yur legs waire jinxed.” It was his attempt at a joke, although he wasn’t sure he’d hit the playful mark with this tone. It had been a very long time since he’d attempted banter with anyone. Usually he stuck to quips that made people uneasy and wonder if he was flirting. Or... he was simply mean. But he wasn’t flirting with Alba and he wasn’t trying to be mean. No, he was actually trying to make her laugh which was something Valentin Roux did not do. He followed it up with a look that implied, ‘flattery will not get me to sing with you,’ but also said, ‘I do enjoy compliments so keep them coming.”

Oh!! he had noticed the finger wave. In fact, it had turned his flirty smile into a happy smile. A happy smile that may have only lasted for about two seconds, as it hadn't escaped Valentin’s attention that the man had been busy talking to a leggy blond lady. ”You are imagineng things,” he told Alba, still holding her hand as he led the way to the refreshment table. The fact that a man might not share his romantic tastes had never stopped him from flirting before, but he wasn’t in the mood to try and turn a ‘no’ into a playful teasing that made it appear like he wasn’t hurt by the dismissal.

As they approached the refreshment table, he let go of Alba’s hand. The walk had given him the chance to process that he might have completely misread the entire situation. This was, after all, a work event. The leggy blond could be the man’s coworker and in case he was wrong, Valentin didn’t want him to have the wrong idea about Alba. He helped himself to a glass of wine and left Alba to order her own drink. ”Maibe latair,” he said to her comment about going over to introduce himself. The night was young and he didn’t want to appear to appetent. Besides, Alba had asked him to come to this event with her and he had agreed. Therefore he was required to spend at least a little time with her. Yes, required, because he wasn’t quite ready to admit he had come along because he enjoyed Alba’s company.

”Quoi!?!” Valentin exclaimed perhaps a bit too loudly as a young lady (Topanga) began belting out a song. ”Eez zis tru-lee a song?” because it was quite obnoxious. The song, not necessarily the lady’s voice. ”We are not singeng a song lik zat.” Blink….waiiiiittt…...had he just agreed to sing?

Alarm bells went off in his head, because yes. YES he had just agreed to sing with Alba. Groooooaannn….. he buried his nose into his wine glass and took a few big gulps. He refused to look in Alba’s direction (or at the man arcoss the room). Maybe she hadn’t caught his slip up.
Old 02-21-2020, 01:51 AM   #28 (permalink)
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Quote:
SPOILER!!: Fletcher and Caleb

Maybe she should have started a bet to see how long before there would be an approach. Or two, as it were.

Stella's eyes cut sideways to the first bloke when he addressed her and then her head tracked around to follow a moment later. WAS she in the right place? She supposed it wasn't the worst kind of line out there. "Any place I am in is the right place, Monsieur."

And then the other. Stella studied that one too with a faint air of amusement. Did she really look so out of place? Both of them had, in their own way, said as much. Though escaping was definitely on her agenda at some point. "Non, you have not, I am new." He could have her name- they both could- but she kept her hand. "Stella Jarsdel."
"Stella, very nice to meet you," Caleb said, holding his hand out for only a few seconds before it became apparent that she was NOT going to shake it back. Well, ok then. Maybe she was germaphobic or something? He pulled his hand back and took a sip of the hot cocoa he had picked up at the snack table - which felt like such a strange drink to serve at a karaoke party.

"What department are you in?" he asked in genuine curiosity. It was always a safe bet to ask that question at these things. He supposed that question also applied to the guy nearby...he didn't care as much about his response, though. Obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post

Ah, so she was French. Well that was a buzzkill. He knew about three French words: champagne, escargot, and oui, if that one counted as a word. This was going to be more difficult than he'd thought, particularly because one puppy dog of a manboy was now swooping in to check Fletcher's vibe.

"Caleb, by the way," Fletcher repeated not at all sarcastically as he shook the boy's hand with quite a firm grip of his own. "I'm Fletcher, by the way." Did he sound like he was making fun of the young man, or did it just come off as a dad joke? Heh. "Junior Undersecretary to the Minister for Magic." As such, he was very interested in how Caleb was describing this event to the new employee, Stella. Apparently it was something she should just blow off, huh?

Fletcher narrowed his eyes at the other man. "So you're not enjoying hearing your coworkers butcher popular Muggle and wrock songs, Caleb? Are you saying I'm not to expect you up on that stage any minute now?" What a shame; he was so looking forward to seeing someone embarrass their self, and Caleb looked like exactly the person he had in mind. Well, there was a brave soul up there now, singing quite the old rock song about.... stalking, was it?

"I'll be sure to pass your compliments along to the Minister," Fletcher added, his eyes drifting cooly toward Caleb and then back to Stella. "I'm afraid this party isn't indicative of how we usually do things here."
Oh good Merlin. What a corny dad joke. Was this dude for real? In fact, he DID kind of look like he could be his dad. Or Stella's dad. Hehe. Caleb wasn't that mean to say something like that to him - at least not to his face. "Nice to meet you too, Fletcher," he said in response. OOOOH, Junior Undersecretary eh? Someone thought highly of themselves, since he dropped that fact so fast.

He raised a dark eyebrow at him. "It was a joke," he told him, taking note of the tone Fletcher had as he questioned him. Had he personally planned this karaoke party or something? Why did he seem so...offended? "But no, I'm not planning on singing. I won't subject anyone here to that," he said, with another joking smirk. So calm down, bro. He didn't need to know that Caleb actually loathed everything about this - but he didn't like a lot of things. It was nothing personal.

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid
Old 02-21-2020, 04:14 AM   #29 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default charles reply will come later. sorry for that wait <3
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Airey Flamsteed was not one to enjoy any sort of social function, even if it was always an excuse to don a new or rare suit from his collection. Though maneuvering them had long become second nature to him by this point in time, he preferred the more intimate and SOLO experience of his home office. Tonight, however, was a bit different. How long had he subtly been hinting at holding a karaoke night? Seemed like eons now, honestly. Though he had not anticipated that it would turn into an entire Ministry function AND in the more...questionable setting that was the underground coffee club. He preferred NOT to venture in here for...a very obvious reasons. But with the promise of karaoke? How could he resist?!

If astronomy had not taken hold of every aspect of his life, it was very likely that the Mysteries department head would have found himself on West End. No alas, but...alas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gritandgrace View Post
Lucien was not excited for this. Not one bit, but he has a daughter who very much loves singing and it was getting awfully close to her birthday. Too close to say no to her when she saw the flyer amongst his work papers when he was picking her up. He should’ve thought that through better.

Now here he is, walking into something with coworkers he gladly doesn’t know and with a jumping 5 year old trying to contain her excitement. Trying. He really couldn’t help the small smile that he got as she ran over to the song book trying to find a good one. Of course she’d probably be bringing it to him any minute because she wouldn’t be able to read most of them.
"Ah, Lucien," he greeted the unspeakable with a slight tip of his mug of...probably coffee. "Good to s---" Wait. There was a small human with him. A mini female Lucien. Abort abort abort. The thought had not even crossed his mind to bring his own children with him this evening, which would have been his twin boys since his daughter was back to the grind at Hogwarts again. "...just dipping for a bit then, are you?"

Seeing as it was already going on 20:30 and little princesses needed their beauty sleep?

"I'll have to get into the queue for singing so you don't miss my rendition of Dream On."

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
Old 02-21-2020, 10:22 AM   #30 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default Anybody?
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Social gatherings were not Gaston’s cup of tea, but he was here, more out of obligation than anything else. Skipping a work-related function would look bad, and he didn’t think he could handle the heartache of losing his job… not again! The blue-eyed Frenchman was lost in thought as he entered the underground coffee club. Had it really been almost four years since he left Hogwarts? The goodbyes were still as fresh in his mind as if they’d just happened. I guess time flies when you’re stuck in the past, he thought sadly.

If there was any silver lining to be found in leaving Hogwarts - and admittedly, it was a small one - it was that it finally gave him the courage to overcome his stagefright and take up performing as a side hobby. Music had been his emotional outlet since he could remember, but up until then, he’d shied away from the spotlight. As a founding member and original drummer for WerewolfSnout, he’d performed with his band on occasion and wrote (or at least had a hand in writing) the bulk of their songs, but after he left Hogwarts, he found his songs too deeply personal to be performed by anyone else. They were his parting words to the children he left behind.

As such, there was no way he could not sing tonight… if he found the right song, that is. It had to be something that matched his mood, or what was the point in performing? He perused the song options for something fitting, preferably one of his own songs… though he doubted he’d find anything. WerewolfSnout was bigger in France than in the UK, so it was possible no one here would’ve heard of them. Oh well, he supposed he could always cover a muggle song if something resonated with him. Eyes scanning the list, he eventually found the perfect song choice and wrote his name down.

He stood off to the side, watching the party unfold around him as he waited for his turn to take the stage. IN the meantime, he helped himself to a cup of coffee.

Hector Velez did not sing! He sounded like a dying kneazle when he tried, and let’s be honest, nobody here wanted to listen to that. Rather than subject his poor coworkers to that kind of noise pollution, the DIMC’s liaison to the press was here to work. He wouldn’t say no to a cup of hot chocolate, though.

Cup in hand, the dark-haired man weaved through the crowd, rummaging one-handed through his bag for his pen and notepad. “Sorry, sorry,” he mumbled as his bag swung back and hit… something, Or someone. He didn’t look back long enough to see. He stood off to the side, pushing his black Buddy Holly glasses farther up the bridge of his nose as his eyes scanned the room for anyone who looked like they might be press. It never hurt to be prepared, right?

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
Old 02-21-2020, 12:15 PM   #31 (permalink)

MLE & DERP
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane Aubrey Knott
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hooper Ridley-Rush
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement
Default Sorry for the wait! Replies to Chloe and just snagged Hector

Quote:
Was Chloe ready to sing? Almooossttt but first things first, find some familiar faces. Or well maybe not, cause embarrassing yourself in front of a room full of strangers was actually kinda better?? Wasn't it? Speaking of which, she did recognize the girl vaguely and she was looking super cute. Which Chloe was never one to shy away from compliments - or negativity either but that was needed in this case. Steering herself over to the girl for a brief moment, she grinned at the blond, "You're looking super cute! Love the dress!"

And then Caleb walked in. She had never been terribly close friends with him but he had dated her best friend and they did graduate together so she quickly turned from the girl and waved at Caleb, "Caleb!!!! Hiiii!!!! You want to sing a song with me?" Her eyes were bright and hopeful.
With a fruity, yet oh so strong drink grasped firmly in her hands, the now straight-haired blonde turned to find that someone was in fact talking to her and…complimenting her? (Chloe) Eeeek! “Oh, thank you! Honestly, I’ve had the dress for a while but the hair took me forever to do. Mine is just so frizzy and curly usually” reaching up now to play with her hair, as if to emphasize the point. “I’m Delyth by the way” her smile wide and friendly now as she introduced herself to her oh so lovely complementor, holding her free hand out in front of her now until…Oh. She had already turned and was talking to several other people. Whoops. Okay. Never mind. Sure. She could make friends at work. She wasn’t lackadaisical, no. Delyth Dominique was the opposite and she was going to make at least one new friend tonight if it killed her.

Quote:
Hector Velez did not sing! He sounded like a dying kneazle when he tried, and let’s be honest, nobody here wanted to listen to that. Rather than subject his poor coworkers to that kind of noise pollution, the DIMC’s liaison to the press was here to work. He wouldn’t say no to a cup of hot chocolate, though.

Cup in hand, the dark-haired man weaved through the crowd, rummaging one-handed through his bag for his pen and notepad. “Sorry, sorry,” he mumbled as his bag swung back and hit… something, Or someone. He didn’t look back long enough to see. He stood off to the side, pushing his black Buddy Holly glasses farther up the bridge of his nose as his eyes scanned the room for anyone who looked like they might be press. It never hurt to be prepared, right?
Taking a sip of her drink, forgetting how strong it was, her face crumpled as she coughed and spluttered. “Wheeeeeweee” she groaned, the smile on her face a little more comical now. “Maybe just the one tonight”

With a relieved sigh, her shoulders relaxed and, whether or not it was because of the alcohol or the compliment of the woman from earlier, Delyth actually began having a good time. She even started to bop slightly on the spot to the music that was playing in the background for a moment, her eyes going to the stage now as someone started to sing something that her grandmother would have listened to! And then came the bag. Without realising, some stranger had hit her with his bag (Hector Velez), walloping her right across the back causing her spill her drink. No!!! Not the fruity delight!! “Heey! Excuse me! You…with the glasses? You just hit me” she called after him. How rude!
Old 02-23-2020, 01:47 PM   #32 (permalink)

DERP & DMGS
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jacoby Rivers
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Callista Rivers
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nathaniel Flannagan
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Patrick Dooley
Ecological Protection
Stealthy Ninja Queen | Snake For Life | waddling baker | binge royalty ♚

Nathaniel had creeped snuck into the coffee shop. Sure he was fine meeting his coworkers... at least more than he had been when he first joined the department. Back then he was way more apprehensive of people. Now he was starting to be less broody side watcher and more involved with his co-workers.

Slipping around the joint he went and grabbed a coffee and went to find himself a seat. Glancing around the room he tried to spot a familiar face, but he hadn’t found any thus far, so coffee and admiring those brave enough to sing. He shed his leather coat and leaned back to watch everything unfold.
Old 02-24-2020, 12:50 AM   #33 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Perhaps he was loosing his touch. Or had been out of the field too long, but he had not seen Louise in the room. Maybe he should have a drink. ”Ms. Hamilton,” he nodded his head at her in greeting. ”Glad to see you’re out and about. You spend too much time at your desk.” He finished his tea and set it down on a nearby surface. Was he going to sing? He wasn’t so sure. ”I haven’t made up my mind about singing tonight. Will you?”
Or it was merely the fact that she hadn't exactly been a model employee the past few months or year or so of her ministry employment. But that was not something Louise was about to say to her boss. Nor would she correct him if he thought she was spending too much time at her desk, because yes, let them go with that. "Well if only the international presses would stop being so demanding," she joked casually. She nodded because she knew singing wasn't exactly everyone's cup of tea coffee. "Considering it. Suppose it depends on how many others brave the stage first. So I guess it doesn't need to be wizard songs?" She glanced up at the stage for the first contender belting out an old muggle song.

SPOILER!!: Caleb and company mentions, but also Delyth :D
Quote:

Caleb Newell hadn't seen Chloe Adara in a long time - and had honestly forgotten she worked at the Ministry with him. To be quite honest, he forgot a LOT of his fellow classmates worked with him. He sort of just...ignored most people he didn't directly interact with on a day to day basis. It was nothing personal. He was just very, very bad at multitasking and when he was at work, he was there to WORK.

"Hey Chloe," he chuckled at her and gave his old classmate a grin. "Um, maybe later. After I've had some time to loosen up," he told her. Aka - never. But he didn't want to come right out and SAY that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GD2204 View Post
With a fruity, yet oh so strong drink grasped firmly in her hands, the now straight-haired blonde turned to find that someone was in fact talking to her and…complimenting her? (Chloe) Eeeek! “Oh, thank you! Honestly, I’ve had the dress for a while but the hair took me forever to do. Mine is just so frizzy and curly usually” reaching up now to play with her hair, as if to emphasize the point. “I’m Delyth by the way” her smile wide and friendly now as she introduced herself to her oh so lovely complementor, holding her free hand out in front of her now until…Oh. She had already turned and was talking to several other people. Whoops. Okay. Never mind. Sure. She could make friends at work. She wasn’t lackadaisical, no. Delyth Dominique was the opposite and she was going to make at least one new friend tonight if it killed her.

Chloe KNEW what that meant, because she wasn't exactly born yesterday. Time to loosen up, yea okay Caleb. Also they were definitely going to have a whole big class of 2088 ministry reunion one day in the break room. "Okay then, guess i'll ..." But she trailed off because his attention was already on some leggy blond newcomer with another older dude. Honestly, did guys EVER change?? She had nice legs too, for the record but apparently blondes still forever superseded redheads.

Rolling her eyes, Chloe strolled back over to the girl in the pretty dress because she had heard her reply of her name but hadn't properly acknowledged it. Sorry, she was distractible. "Hey, sorry about that. Old ..." what exactly was Caleb Newell again? "Acquaintance. I'm Chloe. So uh, do you sing?"

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin________________You look like my next mistake
Old 02-24-2020, 03:20 AM   #34 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1
Sardines ♥ BHB ♥ Dallie ♥ Grumpy ♥ MY SUN AND STARS ♥ i love julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjhm View Post
Jonathan was not a big fan of singing unless he finishes a bottle of fire whiskey but since tonight they're drinking brewed coffee he's positive that he might not sing and especially with a crowd. He shook his head and suddenly spots food. Y E S ! ! ! That's what he's looking forward to other than the coffee of course. He got himself a small plate and did pick a few finger food snacks on the table.

Looking around, he spotted Miss January Bones this time. He walked towards her with his small plate of snacks and smiled. "hey, boss" he chuckled softly as he greeted her. "Are you going to sing any songs later?" conversation starter, yup.

One thing she knew for sure was that the Minister was going to embarrass himself. Well, actually... no, that wasn't true. January didn't think he could really be embarrassed, but he was definitely going to embarrass HER.

January looked up when Jonathan stepped over to her and she was thankful for the distraction. "Jonathan," she said pleasantly as a greeting. Then she laughed shortly at his question. "Absolutely not," she replied, her eyes flickering back over to the stage. "Are you?" It would be interesting to see.

JanuaryNatalieEvangelinePiersonLouise
Old 02-24-2020, 12:54 PM   #35 (permalink)
Formerly: Tegz

DERP & DMT
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
???
Ravenclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ronnie Thurkell
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Jarsdel
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Calyx Morgan-Bott
Ecological Protection

x12 x12
lives in a hobbit hole || Ern and Touz's Nuzzle || roflysst || looking at a seed packet

SPOILER!!: the singer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
This was the BEST ministry event that Topanga had been to. Last year she was excited about dressing up, but this year was singing! The young transportation employee made her way in and beamed at everyone. "All talk and no singing yet? What is going on everyone!" She didn't even think about getting a drink or food first she headed right for the little stage and the microphone!

"Who's ready for some fun? Sing along if you know this muggle song."

She flipped through to see if it was there and was delighted that it was. Pushing the little button the music started up and Topanga started dancing around before the words came on the screen.

"One way or another, I'm gonna find ya
I'm gonna get ya, get ya, get ya, get ya
One way or another, I'm gonna win ya
I'm gonna get ya, get ya ,get ya, get ya
One way or another, I'm gonna see ya
I'm gonna meet ya, meet ya, meet ya, meet ya
One day, maybe next week, I'm gonna meet ya
I'm gonna meet ya, I'll meet ya"

Oh yeah, this song was the best!!

There was something inherently cringe-worthy about being the first person to get up at this sort of thing and some people could pull it off but in Stella's opinion, this was not it. She watched for a half of a second, keeping almost all judgement off of her face - save for the slight lift of one eyebrow, and then turned her attention away from the stage area. Would she get up herself? Maybe. She wasn't so inclined as of yet.

SPOILER!!: old friends. Like, literally but also, yk /LITERALLY/ you know? See what I did there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post

Quote:

"Stella, very nice to meet you," Caleb said, holding his hand out for only a few seconds before it became apparent that she was NOT going to shake it back. Well, ok then. Maybe she was germaphobic or something? He pulled his hand back and took a sip of the hot cocoa he had picked up at the snack table - which felt like such a strange drink to serve at a karaoke party.

"What department are you in?" he asked in genuine curiosity. It was always a safe bet to ask that question at these things. He supposed that question also applied to the guy nearby...he didn't care as much about his response, though. Obviously.

Oh good Merlin. What a corny dad joke. Was this dude for real? In fact, he DID kind of look like he could be his dad. Or Stella's dad. Hehe. Caleb wasn't that mean to say something like that to him - at least not to his face. "Nice to meet you too, Fletcher," he said in response. OOOOH, Junior Undersecretary eh? Someone thought highly of themselves, since he dropped that fact so fast.

He raised a dark eyebrow at him. "It was a joke," he told him, taking note of the tone Fletcher had as he questioned him. Had he personally planned this karaoke party or something? Why did he seem so...offended? "But no, I'm not planning on singing. I won't subject anyone here to that," he said, with another joking smirk. So calm down, bro. He didn't need to know that Caleb actually loathed everything about this - but he didn't like a lot of things. It was nothing personal.

Her gaze flicked back and forward in a lazy kind of way between the two men as they bantered, and then she cracked a smile at the 'junior' part of Fletcher's title. Junior. Really? Perhaps it made him feel young? Wouldn't 'assistant' at least be a little less ironic? Still, it wasn't lost on her that it meant he was relatively high up in the ministry pecking order. Maybe that could be useful? She flashed him a proper smile, just in case. You never knew.

"And how are things usually done here?" If this was not the usual, well, colour her vaguely curious. Another vaguely curious thing was how the English liked to only give one name. She would have to remember it was the norm to do that, and that they would not be offended by her just addressing them openly by their first names, which she assumed that was what had been given.

She smiled at the other one too, as he professed his apparent lack of musical ability and answered his question breezily, "Transportation. I am the Department Head's new personal assistant." She was actually looking forward to getting started. "I know undersecretary -excusez-moi- junior undersecretary is the Minister's Office," Another smile for old-man-zaddyFletcher, and then she looked at Caleb, since he had originally asked the question of her, "but which department do you work with?" Her accent was minimal all things considered, and did not give her away so much as the few words which slipped free here and there where they came more naturally than the English alternative. Stella crossed her legs the opposite way and glanced around, noting a few curious looks being sent her way. Or perhaps at Fletcher or Caleb? Regardless, she was content where she was.

For now.

love is like a letter wrote :: and life is like an envelope
be careful who you give it to :: they might not give it back to you
Old 02-25-2020, 08:32 AM   #36 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default wowzers. what a delay o.o thank you for the patience <3
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Simon was such an amusing gent, wasn't he? It was no wonder that his sunspot of a daughter spoke so highly of him while they were at Hogwarts together. Something that surely carried over now that they were both thriving adults as well. Had Simon seen the latest pictures of the triplets? Perhaps he ought to provide some visual aids here in a bit...

"Oh nonsense, my boy," the Minister laughed as he gave the head of security a hearty couple of pats on the back. "This is hardly about justice. Karaoke is about letting lose and having a bit of fun." Of course, being able to carry a tune was a bonus but certainly not a requirement.

And no, Miss Hamilton. He certainly would not judge!

Charles was delighted to see Eliora and offered her a wave. Could she tell he had had a special brew flown in for her of coffee? The offer was still there to officiate any ceremony she and aaaaaaaaanyone else may be requiring in the immediate or near future. Just putting it out there again.

"Ah, Mr. Kim," he greeted one of his office's own. "Will you be gracing the microphone this evening?" Or simply mingle around with a cup of coffee? Speaking of the Minister's Office... "JANUARY!" he called out to his Senior Undersecretary. "You must have a duet this evening!" Which was not a request, for the record.

There were a few more arrivals to the underground coffee club, but he found his gaze taken by Victoria's arrival and simply could not help the manner in which the corners of his lips curled boyishly with excitement. Resisting the desire to place his hand on the small of her back, he settled for the awkward cherry Danish pass on a napkin for an excuse for their fingers to touch. "I would think you would be selling your talents short as a groupie, Victoria," he mused with a stroke of his growing peppered in grey beard.

His dazzling eyes fell briefly on Conley who seemed a bit stressed, if he were reading the man's posture correctly. Had something ELSE come up with passports and other documentations? Charles would have to see about pulling the man aside for a chat la---- The Minister's gaze was briefly caught by something else out of the corner of his eye and an all too familiar uncomfortable feeling knotted his inside. But no, it had been nothing. Simple the fluttering of some of the fabric decorations. Nothing more.

Surely.

FINALLY! Someone was singing.

Charles finished sipping his coffee and set the mug down. "If you all will excuse me," he said politely to Simon and Frankie, offering Victoria a parting wink before opting to weave his way over to January. "Come now, my dear," he encourage, a hand politely pressing itself on her back between the shoulders. "There is a cover of Ain't No Mountain High Enough by an up and coming wrock duo that I think will suit our needs perfectly." And yes, he was leading her up to the small stage and microphones to be the next in the queue, all while passing by Fletcher, Caleb, and Kendra's new personal assistant. "Pardon me, Glitterpuff," he mused as he passed behind Fletcher with a fatherly pat to the man's shoulder. "Unless you fancy joining myself and January. Make it a proper Minister's Office debute." He then offered an amused wink towards the other two.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
Old 02-26-2020, 02:13 AM   #37 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM & DIMC
Imp

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hey! I'm Torin Murphy.
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Xin chào, tôi tên là Mai Ainsley. (ON HOLD)

Ministry RPG Name:
Hello, name is Lucien Wright. (ON HOLD)
Mysteries
Default Sorry for the late reply >_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Airey Flamsteed was not one to enjoy any sort of social function, even if it was always an excuse to don a new or rare suit from his collection. Though maneuvering them had long become second nature to him by this point in time, he preferred the more intimate and SOLO experience of his home office. Tonight, however, was a bit different. How long had he subtly been hinting at holding a karaoke night? Seemed like eons now, honestly. Though he had not anticipated that it would turn into an entire Ministry function AND in the more...questionable setting that was the underground coffee club. He preferred NOT to venture in here for...a very obvious reasons. But with the promise of karaoke? How could he resist?!

If astronomy had not taken hold of every aspect of his life, it was very likely that the Mysteries department head would have found himself on West End. No alas, but...alas.

"Ah, Lucien," he greeted the unspeakable with a slight tip of his mug of...probably coffee. "Good to s---" Wait. There was a small human with him. A mini female Lucien. Abort abort abort. The thought had not even crossed his mind to bring his own children with him this evening, which would have been his twin boys since his daughter was back to the grind at Hogwarts again. "...just dipping for a bit then, are you?"

Seeing as it was already going on 20:30 and little princesses needed their beauty sleep?

"I'll have to get into the queue for singing so you don't miss my rendition of Dream On."
Lucien tried not to wince when he heard his name called. He really did, but he wasn't exactly looking forward to introducing his daughter to any of his co-workers. He loved her dearly, but there's fartoo many questions that accompany her appearance. And not for the first time tonight, he cursed himself and his weakness for not telling his daughter no...but wasn't it worth it to see her happily bouncing on the tips of her toes?

"Airey, good to see you." He nodded curtly, seeing the man's surprise at his daughter's presence. "Yes, my daughter loves to sing - myself not so much. We'll probably be leaving to get her some ice cream once she's done a song or two." Too much information Wright, too much - he didn't ask! He cringed to himself. Oversharing is not typically a habit he cared to form.

Alexandra couldn't read any of this book BUT she knew what song she wanted to sing! It was her absolute favourite! Daddy even sings it with her in the kitchen when he's making breakfast. Looking back at him she sees him with a tall man, well tall to her. Running back she yells excitedly "Daddy!Daddy!Daddy!Daddy!Daddy!" pausing only when she is standing beside him and suddenly very out of breath. Huh, weird."Daddy! I -" breathe "need" breathe "to find our song! But I can't read." She pouted at the end realizing how annoying it is. She couldn't wait to be bigger so she could read. Maybe she'd be able to reach the cookies she knows daddy sneaks off the top shelf after she goes to bed.

It's a fairytale evening, and you want the entire event to be totally dazzling and
a real experience with the friendliest people around you.
Old 02-27-2020, 03:50 AM   #38 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1
Default Charles and Fletcher (SAVE US)
Sardines ♥ BHB ♥ Dallie ♥ Grumpy ♥ MY SUN AND STARS ♥ i love julia

There she was, enjoying her peaceful small talk with Jonathan when the Minister came along and told her that he wanted to do a duet with her at some point in the evening. She laughed politely, innocently assuming that he was JOKING. Surely he wasn't serious.

But... surely, he was. Because a few minutes later, the Minister was back and he was ushering her to the stage with a firm hand on her back. "Oh - oh, you were serious?" she questioned, suddenly QUITE nervous. January's green eyes went wide as she tried to think of an escape from the most embarrassing situation she could ever be put in. January did not do karaoke. January didn't DO things that embarrassed her. She wore pencil skirts and carefully ironed blouses. She did NOT subject herself to public humiliation.

Ain't No Mountain High Enough, eh? "I'm afraid I don't know that song," she said in response to his suggestion, giving Fletcher a SERIOUS eyeing as they passed him that she was HOPING conveyed her thought of 'take my place in this duet or I'll FIRE you.' Did he get that?

JanuaryNatalieEvangelinePiersonLouise
Old 02-27-2020, 03:42 PM   #39 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

SPOILER!!: all the people
Quote:

Quote:
There was something inherently cringe-worthy about being the first person to get up at this sort of thing and some people could pull it off but in Stella's opinion, this was not it. She watched for a half of a second, keeping almost all judgement off of her face - save for the slight lift of one eyebrow, and then turned her attention away from the stage area. Would she get up herself? Maybe. She wasn't so inclined as of yet.

Her gaze flicked back and forward in a lazy kind of way between the two men as they bantered, and then she cracked a smile at the 'junior' part of Fletcher's title. Junior. Really? Perhaps it made him feel young? Wouldn't 'assistant' at least be a little less ironic? Still, it wasn't lost on her that it meant he was relatively high up in the ministry pecking order. Maybe that could be useful? She flashed him a proper smile, just in case. You never knew.

"And how are things usually done here?" If this was not the usual, well, colour her vaguely curious. Another vaguely curious thing was how the English liked to only give one name. She would have to remember it was the norm to do that, and that they would not be offended by her just addressing them openly by their first names, which she assumed that was what had been given.

She smiled at the other one too, as he professed his apparent lack of musical ability and answered his question breezily, "Transportation. I am the Department Head's new personal assistant." She was actually looking forward to getting started. "I know undersecretary -excusez-moi- junior undersecretary is the Minister's Office," Another smile for old-man-zaddyFletcher, and then she looked at Caleb, since he had originally asked the question of her, "but which department do you work with?" Her accent was minimal all things considered, and did not give her away so much as the few words which slipped free here and there where they came more naturally than the English alternative. Stella crossed her legs the opposite way and glanced around, noting a few curious looks being sent her way. Or perhaps at Fletcher or Caleb? Regardless, she was content where she was.

For now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Simon was such an amusing gent, wasn't he? It was no wonder that his sunspot of a daughter spoke so highly of him while they were at Hogwarts together. Something that surely carried over now that they were both thriving adults as well. Had Simon seen the latest pictures of the triplets? Perhaps he ought to provide some visual aids here in a bit...

"Oh nonsense, my boy," the Minister laughed as he gave the head of security a hearty couple of pats on the back. "This is hardly about justice. Karaoke is about letting lose and having a bit of fun." Of course, being able to carry a tune was a bonus but certainly not a requirement.

And no, Miss Hamilton. He certainly would not judge!

Charles was delighted to see Eliora and offered her a wave. Could she tell he had had a special brew flown in for her of coffee? The offer was still there to officiate any ceremony she and aaaaaaaaanyone else may be requiring in the immediate or near future. Just putting it out there again.

"Ah, Mr. Kim," he greeted one of his office's own. "Will you be gracing the microphone this evening?" Or simply mingle around with a cup of coffee? Speaking of the Minister's Office... "JANUARY!" he called out to his Senior Undersecretary. "You must have a duet this evening!" Which was not a request, for the record.

There were a few more arrivals to the underground coffee club, but he found his gaze taken by Victoria's arrival and simply could not help the manner in which the corners of his lips curled boyishly with excitement. Resisting the desire to place his hand on the small of her back, he settled for the awkward cherry Danish pass on a napkin for an excuse for their fingers to touch. "I would think you would be selling your talents short as a groupie, Victoria," he mused with a stroke of his growing peppered in grey beard.

His dazzling eyes fell briefly on Conley who seemed a bit stressed, if he were reading the man's posture correctly. Had something ELSE come up with passports and other documentations? Charles would have to see about pulling the man aside for a chat la---- The Minister's gaze was briefly caught by something else out of the corner of his eye and an all too familiar uncomfortable feeling knotted his inside. But no, it had been nothing. Simple the fluttering of some of the fabric decorations. Nothing more.

Surely.

FINALLY! Someone was singing.

Charles finished sipping his coffee and set the mug down. "If you all will excuse me," he said politely to Simon and Frankie, offering Victoria a parting wink before opting to weave his way over to January. "Come now, my dear," he encourage, a hand politely pressing itself on her back between the shoulders. "There is a cover of Ain't No Mountain High Enough by an up and coming wrock duo that I think will suit our needs perfectly." And yes, he was leading her up to the small stage and microphones to be the next in the queue, all while passing by Fletcher, Caleb, and Kendra's new personal assistant. "Pardon me, Glitterpuff," he mused as he passed behind Fletcher with a fatherly pat to the man's shoulder. "Unless you fancy joining myself and January. Make it a proper Minister's Office debute." He then offered an amused wink towards the other two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlooo View Post
There she was, enjoying her peaceful small talk with Jonathan when the Minister came along and told her that he wanted to do a duet with her at some point in the evening. She laughed politely, innocently assuming that he was JOKING. Surely he wasn't serious.

But... surely, he was. Because a few minutes later, the Minister was back and he was ushering her to the stage with a firm hand on her back. "Oh - oh, you were serious?" she questioned, suddenly QUITE nervous. January's green eyes went wide as she tried to think of an escape from the most embarrassing situation she could ever be put in. January did not do karaoke. January didn't DO things that embarrassed her. She wore pencil skirts and carefully ironed blouses. She did NOT subject herself to public humiliation.

Ain't No Mountain High Enough, eh? "I'm afraid I don't know that song," she said in response to his suggestion, giving Fletcher a SERIOUS eyeing as they passed him that she was HOPING conveyed her thought of 'take my place in this duet or I'll FIRE you.' Did he get that?

Yeah, uh huh, blah blah blah, huh, whatever, Calebbbb. Fletcher didn't really even respond to the boy again, for his attention had been redirected elsewhere, to Stella. He smiled back at her, noting that she was in Transportation, which was possibly the most boring department in his opinion. Her loss, really. Couldn't he get a personal assistant in the Minister's office? He'd have to ask January about that.

"Well usually, we at least have champagne, which would make everyone here sound better..." Fletcher started to say, but suddenly found a heavy hand on his shoulder, along with his old nickname booming across the room. "Minister!"

Ah, the Minister. Of course he would be singing next, and it looked like he had already enlisted poor January to join him. Hopefully the Minister didn't see the SOS signs she was sending with her eyes. January just looked too tortured to ignore. Fletcher sighed and moved away from the two he was currently hanging out with. "Sorry, mates; duty calls."

Yes, Fletcher would save you, January, or something like that. He followed her and the Minister onto the stage, but looped a long arm around her shoulder so that she couldn't escape. It was a January sandwich now! Hehe. "Let's make it a trio, Minister!" Yes, why not.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind