sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1222 users online including...
hermionesclone , Stevendalo , Pavloshic , Marinaaoc , Danielduh , duerieple , Vilianaxia

7 members
1215 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Kamran Kazmi's Reign > Term 61: May - August 2022

Term 61: May - August 2022 Term Sixty-One: Riddle Me This (Sept 2107 - June 2108)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2021, 05:15 PM

staffed shop Office of Professor Mancini

The office of Professor Mancini is a fairly straight forward office, with a large desk and a comfortable ergonomically designed chair on one side of the desk. The other side of the desk are two comfortable seats for visitors to chat and discuss anything charms (or not!) related. Along the one side of the wall is a bookshelf that contains numerous healing and charms books, along with a couple candid family photos (one of her and her sisters, Josephina and Alexandria, the other other of her husband and two now grown children) that remind her to keep calm on the more stressful days. There's also a framed certificate to serve as an accolade for her time as a St Mungos Healer / Director.

There's a comfortable two-seater couch with a fleece blanket draped over the armrest to showcase the warmth of the room.

Office hours are posted just outside the office, or you're welcome to make an appointment if you need to speak with Professor M outside of normal hours. Don't forget to knock and she'll be with you shortly (unless she happens to be in the hospital wing)
Old 05-10-2022, 03:03 AM   #2 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Margaret did not like talking to professors in their offices except Professor Aguilar. It felt...stuffy, usually. Not like, that the professors were bad at decor (some were). Nor that they made her feel stupid (some had). It was just the principle of it, that it was their office and their space and she was the outsider. It just never felt comfortable to her.

Yet here she was, outside Professor Mancini's office. She had not knocked, because once you knocked you were committed talking to them and Margaret was feeling very non-committal.

Maybe she should come back later. She could ask Cailyn to help, or maybe she could owl Aboli or Cooper. Or she could come back later. But...well, she was already here, and Mancini was nice. Margaret adjusted the glasses she'd chosen to wear that day and lifted a hand to knock... and then dropped her hand without knocking and took a few steps back.

Yep. Non-committal.
Old 05-14-2022, 12:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
Margaret did not like talking to professors in their offices except Professor Aguilar. It felt...stuffy, usually. Not like, that the professors were bad at decor (some were). Nor that they made her feel stupid (some had). It was just the principle of it, that it was their office and their space and she was the outsider. It just never felt comfortable to her.

Yet here she was, outside Professor Mancini's office. She had not knocked, because once you knocked you were committed talking to them and Margaret was feeling very non-committal.

Maybe she should come back later. She could ask Cailyn to help, or maybe she could owl Aboli or Cooper. Or she could come back later. But...well, she was already here, and Mancini was nice. Margaret adjusted the glasses she'd chosen to wear that day and lifted a hand to knock... and then dropped her hand without knocking and took a few steps back.

Yep. Non-committal.
There was no way that Leanne would have known that someone was outside her door, if she hadn't been about to leave her office anyway. She rarely spent much time in there anyway other than for lesson prep and essay grading, since the hospital wing typically required more of her time. Which was where she was headed now except when she opened the door, she blinked at the sight of student there.

"Margaret. Are you..... is everything okay?"

Hospital wing can wait.

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin________________You look like my next mistake
Old 05-20-2022, 02:25 AM   #4 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
There was no way that Leanne would have known that someone was outside her door, if she hadn't been about to leave her office anyway. She rarely spent much time in there anyway other than for lesson prep and essay grading, since the hospital wing typically required more of her time. Which was where she was headed now except when she opened the door, she blinked at the sight of student there.

"Margaret. Are you..... is everything okay?"

Hospital wing can wait.
OH NO.

It was one thing to take her sweet time knocking, but to have Professor Mancini walk out while she was still... While she was still thinking.... Deciding.... Whether to even knock.

Turning bright red, Margaret tucked hee hands in her pockets and looked down at her shoes. Yep....they were still tied. "Yes, ma'am, I'm...fine. Everything is okay," she said firmly, still looking at the floor. She hadn't had time to figure out exactly what to say, though, given how unexpectedly the door has.opened. So that was all she did say.

And it was true. Everything was okay.
Old 05-25-2022, 04:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
OH NO.

It was one thing to take her sweet time knocking, but to have Professor Mancini walk out while she was still... While she was still thinking.... Deciding.... Whether to even knock.

Turning bright red, Margaret tucked hee hands in her pockets and looked down at her shoes. Yep....they were still tied. "Yes, ma'am, I'm...fine. Everything is okay," she said firmly, still looking at the floor. She hadn't had time to figure out exactly what to say, though, given how unexpectedly the door has.opened. So that was all she did say.

And it was true. Everything was okay.
Leanne wasn't born yesterday. Not by a long shot. She had two, albeit grown, children of her own. She had nieces and nephews. When someone was blushing, it was usually because they'd done something they shouldn't have and were caught redhanded. And yet, Margaret Turov was a Hufflepuff, a rising quidditch star yes, Leanne knew her students. What could Margaret have possibly have done to cause such embarrassment? Because when someone says everything is okay, in a hesitant tone as such, usually it inferred the opposite.

"Do you want to talk?" She nodded her head back, gesturing to the comfortable couch in her office. "I have tea and biscuits." She was aware that some students were uneasy about taking refreshments from professors, but she hoped her expression showcased one of trust.

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Old 05-27-2022, 02:25 AM   #6 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Leanne wasn't born yesterday. Not by a long shot. She had two, albeit grown, children of her own. She had nieces and nephews. When someone was blushing, it was usually because they'd done something they shouldn't have and were caught redhanded. And yet, Margaret Turov was a Hufflepuff, a rising quidditch star yes, Leanne knew her students. What could Margaret have possibly have done to cause such embarrassment? Because when someone says everything is okay, in a hesitant tone as such, usually it inferred the opposite.

"Do you want to talk?" She nodded her head back, gesturing to the comfortable couch in her office. "I have tea and biscuits." She was aware that some students were uneasy about taking refreshments from professors, but she hoped her expression showcased one of trust.
Margaret missed any gesture Professor Mancini might have made, as she was still observing her shoelaces. But her ears still worked. "I like tea," she said, not really answering the question, but also giving all the information Mancini had really asked for.

She finally looked up and smiled slightly, hands still safely in her pockets. And then she noticed the gesture and, yes, the couch beyond. It didn't seem like the worst idea, having tea and talking with Mancini. That was why she'd come, after all, even if she...couldn't...quite...phrase why she'd come. Maybe Mancini would have to do the talking to start off.

She shuffled toward the door, which was much less scary now that she didn't need to knock. Maybe she'd have a biscuit, too, with the tea.
Old 05-31-2022, 11:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8

Quote:
Margaret missed any gesture Professor Mancini might have made, as she was still observing her shoelaces. But her ears still worked. "I like tea," she said, not really answering the question, but also giving all the information Mancini had really asked for.

She finally looked up and smiled slightly, hands still safely in her pockets. And then she noticed the gesture and, yes, the couch beyond. It didn't seem like the worst idea, having tea and talking with Mancini. That was why she'd come, after all, even if she...couldn't...quite...phrase why she'd come. Maybe Mancini would have to do the talking to start off.

She shuffled toward the door, which was much less scary now that she didn't need to knock. Maybe she'd have a biscuit, too, with the tea.
Oh good. Margaret wasn't the sort to refuse beverages. Leanne was pleased with the outcome so far because even if it was small talk, it was breaking the ice and what sort of healer (or head of house!) would she be if she couldn't gently probe in a way that felt reassuring to the students that made her feel safe to confide in?

She chewed her lip, as Margaret took in the couch, waiting for the briefest of moments. The charms professor gently turned towards her tea set as she set to boiling the water and fixing her a cup. "Cream and sugar?" She asked, grateful for this tea set purchase, because it meant not having to go to the great hall just when she wanted a relaxing cup of tea.

Old 06-06-2022, 02:24 AM   #8 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Oh good. Margaret wasn't the sort to refuse beverages. Leanne was pleased with the outcome so far because even if it was small talk, it was breaking the ice and what sort of healer (or head of house!) would she be if she couldn't gently probe in a way that felt reassuring to the students that made her feel safe to confide in?

She chewed her lip, as Margaret took in the couch, waiting for the briefest of moments. The charms professor gently turned towards her tea set as she set to boiling the water and fixing her a cup. "Cream and sugar?" She asked, grateful for this tea set purchase, because it meant not having to go to the great hall just when she wanted a relaxing cup of tea.
Margaret didn't particularly want to stand and drink her tea, so she meandered slowly to the couch and gently sat. Professor Mancini had a nice office. It reminded her a bit of her dad's home office. Nothing like her mother's office, though, it was too cozy for that. There was a blanket draped over the armrest, so she rested her arm on it, tracing circles in the soft fabric of the blanket.

Oh. The professor had asked a question. Margaret blinked at her, having been a bit distracted and missed the question. She gave the slightest frown, trying to think back to if Mancini had been talking about something other than the tea and biscuits? But if she had, Margaret had missed that too. But she couldn't just ignore her and she didn't know the question, which left only one option.

"Forty-two?" she guessed. The answer to the question, every question, according to an old film she'd seen with her dad. Little did she know it was a nonsensical answer to a question about how she took her tea.
Old 06-09-2022, 04:55 PM   #9 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8

Quote:
Margaret didn't particularly want to stand and drink her tea, so she meandered slowly to the couch and gently sat. Professor Mancini had a nice office. It reminded her a bit of her dad's home office. Nothing like her mother's office, though, it was too cozy for that. There was a blanket draped over the armrest, so she rested her arm on it, tracing circles in the soft fabric of the blanket.

Oh. The professor had asked a question. Margaret blinked at her, having been a bit distracted and missed the question. She gave the slightest frown, trying to think back to if Mancini had been talking about something other than the tea and biscuits? But if she had, Margaret had missed that too. But she couldn't just ignore her and she didn't know the question, which left only one option.

"Forty-two?" she guessed. The answer to the question, every question, according to an old film she'd seen with her dad. Little did she know it was a nonsensical answer to a question about how she took her tea.
Um ......... if Leanne hadn't yet deciphered that something wasn't quite right with Margaret when she was standing outside her door, she most certainly would know it within a few moments.

As she poured two cups of tea, she looked back at expectantly for an answer about how she took her tea and blinked. She doubted very much that Margaret took forty-two spoonfuls of sugar in her tea, which left only one thing was that the sixth year was checked out.

Leaving the cups of tea at the serving tray, the professor turned and walked to sit beside Margaret on the couch. "I'm not sure what's going on and you don't have tell me, but I will tell you this. You don't have to know what you want just yet. It's okay to try something and quit or even fail." Was it wrong as a professor to be encouraging failure? Perhaps, but she wasn't finished yet. She swallowed before continuing. "The important thing is to keep going. Try something and if it doesn't work out, either try again or try something new. Just ... keep going. And know that where you're headed is much more important than the past."

Old 06-17-2022, 02:35 AM   #10 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Um ......... if Leanne hadn't yet deciphered that something wasn't quite right with Margaret when she was standing outside her door, she most certainly would know it within a few moments.

As she poured two cups of tea, she looked back at expectantly for an answer about how she took her tea and blinked. She doubted very much that Margaret took forty-two spoonfuls of sugar in her tea, which left only one thing was that the sixth year was checked out.

Leaving the cups of tea at the serving tray, the professor turned and walked to sit beside Margaret on the couch. "I'm not sure what's going on and you don't have tell me, but I will tell you this. You don't have to know what you want just yet. It's okay to try something and quit or even fail." Was it wrong as a professor to be encouraging failure? Perhaps, but she wasn't finished yet. She swallowed before continuing. "The important thing is to keep going. Try something and if it doesn't work out, either try again or try something new. Just ... keep going. And know that where you're headed is much more important than the past."
For the record- Margaret took her tea with about half a spoonful of sugar, maybe less, but preferably honey or a bit of jam instead.

Not that she'd be that particular and not that she'd figured out the right question she'd been supposed to answer.

She frowned, still running her hand along the blanket on the arm of the couch. What was Mancini talking about now? She was supposed to quit? That was...that was not...she didn't want to quit. Margaret shook her head. "Sorry," she said, not really sure what she was apologizing for but feeling like it was the right thing to say. Mancini's advice...was that what it was, advice? It strangely made her want to cry, like it was somehow what she'd been meaning to ask to hear and yet at the same time...absolutely not what she wanted to hear.

She didn't want to give up on anything.

She just wanted...a backup plan. Yes, that was it. A backup plan.

"I was wondering," she said, slowly at first. "What kinds of...um, like, jobs are there? That use charms. Because I'm good at charms. And quidditch. And, like, not much else." THERE. She took a deep breath, shaking her head again as if to clear water or doubts from her ears. "I'm just...what if I'm not good enough?" she whispered. At Quidditch, she meant. She needed a backup plan, in case she wasn't good enough at Quidditch.