sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1118 users online including...
Stevendalo , Antoniogbn , Antoniozxa , Antoniobwa , Antoniouqk

5 members
1113 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Ministry Archive > Charles Hollingberry Era

Charles Hollingberry Era All historical records pertaining to Ministry of Magic RPG under Minister for Magic, Charles Hollingberry [IC March 2097 - present; OOC November 2018 - present]

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2018, 05:16 AM

Default Lifts to Access Other Levels

*click for live version*

Mobility restored under the guidance Simone Krafft (rectifying the missteps of former department head), the Atrium lifts are constantly in motion as they are the only lifts that are used by every member those of approved blood status and priorities employed at the Ministry and visitors, even on the slowest of days you'll be hard pressed to find an empty lift which has helped traffic control and made lifts more easily accessible to personnel. These lifts will take you to any level in the Ministry with the exception of level ten. You'll have to hop off the lifts and take the stairs to reach the courtrooms. Keep in mind that the lifts move diagonally, horizontally, and a few other directions as well as vertically, so you'll need to hang on when riding.

With no benches in the vicinity, there are more wizards and witches than usual propped up against the walls and standing around waiting for a lift, along with extra prattle. Be careful when stepping on (or off) the lifts, and make sure to press the button that leads to your destined level, else you'll find yourself heading to the wrong department.
Old 12-07-2019, 01:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default henlo, lissy
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

This was her least favorite part about coming to work. The lifts. There was always a crowd early in the morning and Yassi never felt right to push through for a spot. So instead, she stood nearby waiting and made her way forward every time a left opened... Only to immediately step back when everyone else pushed through ahead of her. It was a rather repetitive cycle and often meant that catching a lift took far longer than necessary.

This morning was no different. She continued to play the endless game of cat and mouse. Where she was the cat, the lift was the mouse, and odds were most definitely not in her favor, as she managed to end up empty handed each time. Without a spot on the lift.

You are Lemon!
Old 12-07-2019, 05:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
This was her least favorite part about coming to work. The lifts. There was always a crowd early in the morning and Yassi never felt right to push through for a spot. So instead, she stood nearby waiting and made her way forward every time a left opened... Only to immediately step back when everyone else pushed through ahead of her. It was a rather repetitive cycle and often meant that catching a lift took far longer than necessary.

This morning was no different. She continued to play the endless game of cat and mouse. Where she was the cat, the lift was the mouse, and odds were most definitely not in her favor, as she managed to end up empty handed each time. Without a spot on the lift.

Caleb was exhausted. He hadn't slept very well the night before, worrying about an assignment he had to finish today. So now he was tired, still anxious about his assignment, annnnnd he was hungry because he'd forgotten to get muffins last night on his way home. Overall, a very rough morning for the young man.

As he had approached, he noticed a girl roughly around his age step forward and then...step back. As he made his way to the lifts, he happened to notice her do this same little dance a few times. That was...interesting. He was intrigued. He paused to look at the woman, raising a dark eyebrow.

"Are you gonna...you know...get on any time soon?" he asked her curiously. Maybe she was lost. OOOOH maybe she was someone who had been hit with a Confundus Charm and was here for Experimental Charms to study! That would be a welcome wrench in his day!

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid
Old 12-07-2019, 08:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post
Caleb was exhausted. He hadn't slept very well the night before, worrying about an assignment he had to finish today. So now he was tired, still anxious about his assignment, annnnnd he was hungry because he'd forgotten to get muffins last night on his way home. Overall, a very rough morning for the young man.

As he had approached, he noticed a girl roughly around his age step forward and then...step back. As he made his way to the lifts, he happened to notice her do this same little dance a few times. That was...interesting. He was intrigued. He paused to look at the woman, raising a dark eyebrow.

"Are you gonna...you know...get on any time soon?" he asked her curiously. Maybe she was lost. OOOOH maybe she was someone who had been hit with a Confundus Charm and was here for Experimental Charms to study! That would be a welcome wrench in his day!
An unfortunate morning for them both, it seemed. Though for very, very different reasons. It never took Yassi quite this long to find a spot.

When the young man addressed her, she turned calmly and laughed softly. "I truly hope so," she wasn't as embarrassed as she perhaps should have been. "I always find it so difficult to find a spot." It was busy and she didn't want to step on toes. Besides, her work wasn't ever truly urgent and classes never started first thing in the morning. What if others needed the lift more than she did? It hardly felt right to fight for something without good reason.

She turned back to face the lifts, hoping that maybe the next would present her with an opportunity. But then she paused and turned back to the man. "Forgive me," she hadn't introduced herself! So rude of her, honestly. "I'm not usually this absent... I'm Yassi," she extended her hand sheepishly. He had a certain sense of familiarity to him, but Yasmin was absolutely certain she hadn't formally met him before. She would have remembered.

You are Lemon!
Old 12-10-2019, 12:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Quote:
An unfortunate morning for them both, it seemed. Though for very, very different reasons. It never took Yassi quite this long to find a spot.

When the young man addressed her, she turned calmly and laughed softly. "I truly hope so," she wasn't as embarrassed as she perhaps should have been. "I always find it so difficult to find a spot." It was busy and she didn't want to step on toes. Besides, her work wasn't ever truly urgent and classes never started first thing in the morning. What if others needed the lift more than she did? It hardly felt right to fight for something without good reason.

She turned back to face the lifts, hoping that maybe the next would present her with an opportunity. But then she paused and turned back to the man. "Forgive me," she hadn't introduced herself! So rude of her, honestly. "I'm not usually this absent... I'm Yassi," she extended her hand sheepishly. He had a certain sense of familiarity to him, but Yasmin was absolutely certain she hadn't formally met him before. She would have remembered.
Caleb smirked, finding it rather endearing that she didn't want to be a bother to the crowd. "Just push people," he suggested with a small chuckle. He knew that probably had occurred to her - and she probably also had some sort of issue with being rude like that. Not Caleb. Nope. If you were in his way, look out, because he had places to BE and was very important, obviously.

"Yassi...nice to meet you. I'm Caleb," he introduced himself as he shook her hand and moved to the side slightly so they were not bothering everyone by standing in the middle of the hall. "What department do you work for? I'm in Accidents and Catastrophes," he said proudly. He assumed she wasn't there, otherwise he'd have seen her by now.

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid
Old 12-10-2019, 03:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Quote:
Caleb smirked, finding it rather endearing that she didn't want to be a bother to the crowd. "Just push people," he suggested with a small chuckle. He knew that probably had occurred to her - and she probably also had some sort of issue with being rude like that. Not Caleb. Nope. If you were in his way, look out, because he had places to BE and was very important, obviously.

"Yassi...nice to meet you. I'm Caleb," he introduced himself as he shook her hand and moved to the side slightly so they were not bothering everyone by standing in the middle of the hall. "What department do you work for? I'm in Accidents and Catastrophes," he said proudly. He assumed she wasn't there, otherwise he'd have seen her by now.

While Yassi couldn't be entirely sure that he was joking, she still laughed brightly. "I'll keep that in mind for next time," her laugh was far more vibrant and much less contained than her previous, sheepish laughter. Yassi was one of those people who had a laugh funnier than the joke itself, but she was hardly embarrassed of it anymore. "Is that your technique?" She paused, asking with quite an earnest tone, though she, too, was joking.

"Caleb," she repeated, cementing the name in her head. Names were very important, they made people feel heard. "It's a pleasure to meet you as well," her smile was warm and sincere. Noticing that he had stepped towards the side, Yassi followed. Stopping for a conversation before boarding a lift hadn't been part of her morning plan, but she welcomed the deviation. It was a nice change from the (at times) quite repetitive routine. Public sector life was as such, it seemed. "I am in the Department of Transportation," she replied with just as much pride as he had when he shared his own department. "But I teach," which meant that she didn't collaborate with the others in her section quite as often as one would hope. "What is it that you do in DMAC?" These acronyms, they were confusing. She was trying to practice the jargon, though. It had been over a year, after all.

You are Lemon!
Old 12-17-2019, 05:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1

Quote:

While Yassi couldn't be entirely sure that he was joking, she still laughed brightly. "I'll keep that in mind for next time," her laugh was far more vibrant and much less contained than her previous, sheepish laughter. Yassi was one of those people who had a laugh funnier than the joke itself, but she was hardly embarrassed of it anymore. "Is that your technique?" She paused, asking with quite an earnest tone, though she, too, was joking.

"Caleb," she repeated, cementing the name in her head. Names were very important, they made people feel heard. "It's a pleasure to meet you as well," her smile was warm and sincere. Noticing that he had stepped towards the side, Yassi followed. Stopping for a conversation before boarding a lift hadn't been part of her morning plan, but she welcomed the deviation. It was a nice change from the (at times) quite repetitive routine. Public sector life was as such, it seemed. "I am in the Department of Transportation," she replied with just as much pride as he had when he shared his own department. "But I teach," which meant that she didn't collaborate with the others in her section quite as often as one would hope. "What is it that you do in DMAC?" These acronyms, they were confusing. She was trying to practice the jargon, though. It had been over a year, after all.
Caleb smirked. "Oh yes. I'm very important and have places to be," he said, obviously joking kind of. At least she seemed like she was laid back enough to joke about these things. He would have hated if he had read the situation wrong and she had been more uptight than he anticipated.

"Transportation? Cool," he replied with an earnest grin. "My dad used to be the Department Head there, actually. A longgg time ago," he added with a small chuckle. "A teacher...apparition teacher?" he asked. He couldn't think of any other position that would require teaching on that level. "I'm in experimental charms," he told her with a smile.

Old 12-18-2019, 05:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Quote:
Caleb smirked. "Oh yes. I'm very important and have places to be," he said, obviously joking kind of. At least she seemed like she was laid back enough to joke about these things. He would have hated if he had read the situation wrong and she had been more uptight than he anticipated.

"Transportation? Cool," he replied with an earnest grin. "My dad used to be the Department Head there, actually. A longgg time ago," he added with a small chuckle. "A teacher...apparition teacher?" he asked. He couldn't think of any other position that would require teaching on that level. "I'm in experimental charms," he told her with a smile.

Fortunately for Caleb, he hadn't misread the situation at all. Yassi continued smiling brightly, accidentally snorting at what he said next. She gave him a rather sheepish look, though she wasn't at all embarrassed. "You have quite the sense of humor, Caleb," it was nice. She felt as if people were far too serious around here. It was very understandable and of course she took her own work quite seriously... But... Laughter was important. As was joy. It incentivized better work, in Yassi's opinion.

"Really?" She found herself smiling again. "What a beautiful coincidence that I met his son." Or maybe it wasn't a coincidence at all. These things were often fate. "Yes," she nodded, her eyes were filled with pride. She loved her students and loved the work, itself. That much was hopefully very evident. Again, Yassi found herself perking up with interest. "I bet you come across the most interesting things!""

You are Lemon!
Old 12-27-2019, 02:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1

Quote:

Fortunately for Caleb, he hadn't misread the situation at all. Yassi continued smiling brightly, accidentally snorting at what he said next. She gave him a rather sheepish look, though she wasn't at all embarrassed. "You have quite the sense of humor, Caleb," it was nice. She felt as if people were far too serious around here. It was very understandable and of course she took her own work quite seriously... But... Laughter was important. As was joy. It incentivized better work, in Yassi's opinion.

"Really?" She found herself smiling again. "What a beautiful coincidence that I met his son." Or maybe it wasn't a coincidence at all. These things were often fate. "Yes," she nodded, her eyes were filled with pride. She loved her students and loved the work, itself. That much was hopefully very evident. Again, Yassi found herself perking up with interest. "I bet you come across the most interesting things!""

A beautiful coincidence? That was...one way to put it. Caleb chuckled a little and nodded. "Yeah, maybe so," he said in agreement, flashing her a smile.

Ah, so he had been right about her being an apparition teacher. He remembered when his father had been in charge of that - and it had been a sort of disaster. Floo powder had always been his forte. "Sometimes - it kind of depends. Sometimes people submit charms for review that are not at all ready to be tested. It can get a bit...explosive up there," he told her with another chuckle.

Old 01-01-2020, 03:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Quote:
A beautiful coincidence? That was...one way to put it. Caleb chuckled a little and nodded. "Yeah, maybe so," he said in agreement, flashing her a smile.

Ah, so he had been right about her being an apparition teacher. He remembered when his father had been in charge of that - and it had been a sort of disaster. Floo powder had always been his forte. "Sometimes - it kind of depends. Sometimes people submit charms for review that are not at all ready to be tested. It can get a bit...explosive up there," he told her with another chuckle.
"You have a very charming smile," Yassi noticed as he spoke. She was never one to keep these thoughts to herself, what was the point of doing something such as that?

Explosive. This made her laugh softly, her eyes filled with warmth as she listened to him explain. "Do you enjoy this unpredictable nature of your work?" She wasn't sure whether she would. Yassi was one for exploration and spontaneity... As long as it was somewhat contained and/or a complete surprise. She felt far more comfortable knowing exactly what to expect.

You are Lemon!
Old 03-14-2020, 07:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
Other Characters
Firecrab

Ministry RPG Name:
The Announcer

While the lifts look just about the same as any day, the next employees to take a ride will be in for a bit of a surprise. Just when you think the lift is taking you to your level, the machine stops for a moment... and then proceeds to go in the opposite direction.

Want to go to level four? Well, you're going to level six instead. Meant to end up in the Atrium? Not today! Level one for you! Surely it seems no matter where you try to go, you probably won't get there by lift.
Old 03-31-2020, 12:47 AM   #12 (permalink)
Other Characters
Firecrab

Ministry RPG Name:
The Announcer

Another day, another to-do list of things to accomplish around the Ministry! It was a good thing you have the lifts to carry you from place to place, making your travel times within the Ministry walls much faster than if you were to go by foot.

As you approach the lift and press the button to send the lift to the doors you stand before, the button doesn't light up. If you happen to try it again and again, it still doesn't light up. And even if you wait around for a few minutes to see if the lift appears, it... does not.

The lift seems to be quite broken, doesn't it? I suppose that to-do list is going to take a bit longer today, isn't it?

Oh, and if you happen to be IN one of the lifts while it suddenly stops working... Well, good luck getting out.
Old 05-02-2020, 03:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Reuben Albert Darcy-Stemp
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3
Default Anyone?
Sarah thinks I'm cute | Shan's safe space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Announcer View Post
Another day, another to-do list of things to accomplish around the Ministry! It was a good thing you have the lifts to carry you from place to place, making your travel times within the Ministry walls much faster than if you were to go by foot.

As you approach the lift and press the button to send the lift to the doors you stand before, the button doesn't light up. If you happen to try it again and again, it still doesn't light up. And even if you wait around for a few minutes to see if the lift appears, it... does not.

The lift seems to be quite broken, doesn't it? I suppose that to-do list is going to take a bit longer today, isn't it?

Oh, and if you happen to be IN one of the lifts while it suddenly stops working... Well, good luck getting out.
Head full of Léonne, the brunette hadn't really been paying much attention to her surroundings when she entered the lift. She was moving by force of habit, really, and when the lift came to a halt at the Atrium, Harper automatically stepped forward to leave it. She knew almost immediately that something was wrong, could feel it, although she didn't know what was wrong until the doors remained firmly closed.

A frown creased her forehead as she steadied her breathing. There was no need to panic - surely this was a small problem and it would be sorted in no time?

⇀ Standing now, calling all the people here to see the show_____________________________
Calling for my demons now to let me go ↽

Old 05-07-2021, 08:49 PM   #14 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Default continued from arrivals
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiallNIP View Post
Kitty continued tugging Gabriel along towards the lifts, trying his best to move as quickly as possible but pulling a strapping young man and carrying a big bag of candy were impeding his swiftness. "I can't be late! I'm still basically brand new, it would look so bad!! And you shouldn't be late either!" Kitty didn't understand why Gabriel didn't seem as worried as he was. He seemed like he was around Kitty's age, so there was no way Gabriel could've been here for much longer than him, right? That would leave such a bad impression!
Gabriel let himself be pulled along by Kittridge--Kit. He considered whether he should offer to carry the candy...but it seemed unnecessary. If it was too heavy for the other man, he could always levitate it. Magic was handy like that. He was nowhere near as worried about being late as the older young man, either. Sure, it would look bad, but it wasn't as if all the Aurors would be standing around wondering where he was.

Honestly, Missa was probably the only one who would notice him being late.

But if Kit wanted to hurry, they could hurry! He followed him to the lifts, then jabbed the button for Level 2 and Level 4. "Your tardiness is the lift's responsibility now," he joked with a half smile.
Old 05-14-2021, 06:55 PM   #15 (permalink)

DERP
Ravenclaw
Imp

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Quinn Kingsley
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kittredge Flannigan
The Gay Agenda™< >Homiesexual uwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
Gabriel let himself be pulled along by Kittridge--Kit. He considered whether he should offer to carry the candy...but it seemed unnecessary. If it was too heavy for the other man, he could always levitate it. Magic was handy like that. He was nowhere near as worried about being late as the older young man, either. Sure, it would look bad, but it wasn't as if all the Aurors would be standing around wondering where he was.

Honestly, Missa was probably the only one who would notice him being late.

But if Kit wanted to hurry, they could hurry! He followed him to the lifts, then jabbed the button for Level 2 and Level 4. "Your tardiness is the lift's responsibility now," he joked with a half smile.
Truthfully... the thought of levitating the candy hadn't crossed Kit's mind. All he was thinking was GO! GO! GO! and everything else was kind of secondary.

He took a breath as he got in the lift with Gabriel and smiled at the jest. "Yup! I just... hope it's rather quick," he chuckled, bouncing on the balls of his feet.

He looked at the buttons Gabriel had pressed. "I knew you were law enforcement!" he exclaimed to himself. Kit had been silently kicking himself for not being 100% sure what department Gabriel was in—he was pretty sure it was MLE but he wasn't confident enough to say it in conversation in case he was wrong—and it was all the more embarrassing seeing as Gabriel knew what department he was in. But now he knew for sure. "So, how's the... YATI stuff going..?" Kit was also pretty sure Gabriel was YATI, and being right about the department gave him more confidence in his other assumption.
Old 05-15-2021, 12:24 AM   #16 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Truthfully... the thought of levitating the candy hadn't crossed Kit's mind. All he was thinking was GO! GO! GO! and everything else was kind of secondary.

He took a breath as he got in the lift with Gabriel and smiled at the jest. "Yup! I just... hope it's rather quick," he chuckled, bouncing on the balls of his feet.

He looked at the buttons Gabriel had pressed. "I knew you were law enforcement!" he exclaimed to himself. Kit had been silently kicking himself for not being 100% sure what department Gabriel was in—he was pretty sure it was MLE but he wasn't confident enough to say it in conversation in case he was wrong—and it was all the more embarrassing seeing as Gabriel knew what department he was in. But now he knew for sure. "So, how's the... YATI stuff going..?" Kit was also pretty sure Gabriel was YATI, and being right about the department gave him more confidence in his other assumption.

Had...Had Kit said something? Gabriel shot him a quizzical look, but decided he must have misheard. Or maybe Kit was talking to himself. Then he definitely heard the other man say something, and Gabriel nodded cheerfully. He was definitely the more relaxed of the two today. "It's going well," he said thoughtfully. "We are to help with patrols and investigations instead of just train, train, train all the time. The real stuff is more fun than training."

He was quiet for a minute, trying his best to think of something to say. He did not like silence. "What do you on Level Four?" He knew it was something creatures-related, but...like did he raise bowtruckles or dragons? It was infinitely unclear how intense Kit's job might be. Probably not very, given the massive amount of candy he apparently consumed.
Old 05-17-2021, 01:42 AM   #17 (permalink)

DERP
Ravenclaw
Imp

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Quinn Kingsley
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kittredge Flannigan

Quote:

Had...Had Kit said something? Gabriel shot him a quizzical look, but decided he must have misheard. Or maybe Kit was talking to himself. Then he definitely heard the other man say something, and Gabriel nodded cheerfully. He was definitely the more relaxed of the two today. "It's going well," he said thoughtfully. "We are to help with patrols and investigations instead of just train, train, train all the time. The real stuff is more fun than training."

He was quiet for a minute, trying his best to think of something to say. He did not like silence. "What do you on Level Four?" He knew it was something creatures-related, but...like did he raise bowtruckles or dragons? It was infinitely unclear how intense Kit's job might be. Probably not very, given the massive amount of candy he apparently consumed.
"Oooo, sounds like things are picking up, so that's pretty cool!" Kit grinned as he gave himself a mental high five for getting Gabriel's job right. He understood the fun of going on investigations and patrols, too.

Kit perked up when Gabriel asked him about his own job. He was always eager to talk about it. "Ah, well, truthfully I'm not on Level Four a decent amount of the time. I'm a Sentinel, so my main job is pretty much to keep dementors in check—stop them from sucking out souls and going around Muggles and all that. But I also get to go on other missions, too, like I've been going out on some of those dragon recapturing missions they've had recently. I go out with Spirit Enforcement Officers a lot for those spooky evil spirit type missions. But every once in a while I have to sit and do paperwork on, like, all the stuff I go out and do, which kinda sucks, but I guess that's just the Ministry for ya," he finished, shrugging. He did a little dance as he waited for the lift to get to where it was going, took a candy out of his bag—a butterscotch—unwrapped it and popped it in his mouth. "What about you? What kinds of stuff have you gone out and done so far?"
Old 05-17-2021, 02:09 AM   #18 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:
"Oooo, sounds like things are picking up, so that's pretty cool!" Kit grinned as he gave himself a mental high five for getting Gabriel's job right. He understood the fun of going on investigations and patrols, too.

Kit perked up when Gabriel asked him about his own job. He was always eager to talk about it. "Ah, well, truthfully I'm not on Level Four a decent amount of the time. I'm a Sentinel, so my main job is pretty much to keep dementors in check—stop them from sucking out souls and going around Muggles and all that. But I also get to go on other missions, too, like I've been going out on some of those dragon recapturing missions they've had recently. I go out with Spirit Enforcement Officers a lot for those spooky evil spirit type missions. But every once in a while I have to sit and do paperwork on, like, all the stuff I go out and do, which kinda sucks, but I guess that's just the Ministry for ya," he finished, shrugging. He did a little dance as he waited for the lift to get to where it was going, took a candy out of his bag—a butterscotch—unwrapped it and popped it in his mouth. "What about you? What kinds of stuff have you gone out and done so far?"
Yes, Kit was clearly very eager to talk about his own job. Which was good for Gabriel's aversion to silence. He nodded, listening to Kit's spiel. Protecting Muggles from dementors seemed like a pretty important job. Could Muggles even see dementors? Could squibs? He'd have to ask his brother sometime.

"That sounds pretty intense," Gabriel admitted. He had not thought that any jobs dealing with creatures would be so...important? Hands-on? He wasn't sure why he'd thought that, though, surely there were lots of black market creature things that had to be handled. Or escaped dragons, like Kit had mentioned. "Mostly patrols, nothing too intense. I think they don't want to take trainees with them on the extra dangerous missions, because then they have to worry about us." Not that he couldn't hold his own, he definitely could, especially if Missa was along too.

"Paperwork is the worst." He assumed. It seemed like homework, and Gabriel had always been more interested in the hands-on aspect of anything than the writing or analyzing anything.
Old 05-17-2021, 08:48 PM   #19 (permalink)

DERP
Ravenclaw
Imp

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Quinn Kingsley
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kittredge Flannigan
Default Wrapping up cuz I think there's gonna be some interesting things happening soon >.>

Quote:
Yes, Kit was clearly very eager to talk about his own job. Which was good for Gabriel's aversion to silence. He nodded, listening to Kit's spiel. Protecting Muggles from dementors seemed like a pretty important job. Could Muggles even see dementors? Could squibs? He'd have to ask his brother sometime.

"That sounds pretty intense," Gabriel admitted. He had not thought that any jobs dealing with creatures would be so...important? Hands-on? He wasn't sure why he'd thought that, though, surely there were lots of black market creature things that had to be handled. Or escaped dragons, like Kit had mentioned. "Mostly patrols, nothing too intense. I think they don't want to take trainees with them on the extra dangerous missions, because then they have to worry about us." Not that he couldn't hold his own, he definitely could, especially if Missa was along too.

"Paperwork is the worst." He assumed. It seemed like homework, and Gabriel had always been more interested in the hands-on aspect of anything than the writing or analyzing anything.
Kitty shrugged. "Yeah, it can be, I guess. But I've been able to manage so far!" he said, standing proudly with his hands on his hips, a smile spread across his face. "You'll be on the big stuff in no time! Just keep doing what you're doing and I bet you'll be great!"

Kit deflated a bit at Gabriel's comment. "Yeah, it is... but it's just part of the job. Everything else I do makes up for it. I really do love it, y'know, so it doesn't feel like work," he said, still smiling. The job had been just about everything he hoped it would be, which... honestly, he wasn't expecting. He thought there would be some expectation not met, but maybe his expectations were just... low?

The lift dinged and the doors opened out onto Level 4. "Ah, well, this is my stop, then." Kit hopped out but stuck his foot in the door, opening his bag of candy. "You sure you don't want some? I've got a lot," he grinned.
Old 05-18-2021, 01:17 AM   #20 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement
Default ok then

Gabriel grinned again. Kit's energy was seriously contagious. Based purely on Kit, the fourth floor was probably one big party. He nodded, as the other fellow pointed out that the things the paperwork was for made up for the paperwork itself. "Big stuff in no time, yep, that's the goal," he agreed. And, probably, big paperwork to go along with it.

And then the lift ride was half over. Gabriel shook his head at the offer of candy. "No, I will survive without candy," he said with a half smile. He could always stop by Level Four himself later if he changed his mind. "Better hurry!" Or hadn't Kit remembered that he was late late, for a very important date!
Old 05-19-2021, 08:48 PM   #21 (permalink)

DERP
Ravenclaw
Imp

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Quinn Kingsley
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kittredge Flannigan

Quote:
Gabriel grinned again. Kit's energy was seriously contagious. Based purely on Kit, the fourth floor was probably one big party. He nodded, as the other fellow pointed out that the things the paperwork was for made up for the paperwork itself. "Big stuff in no time, yep, that's the goal," he agreed. And, probably, big paperwork to go along with it.

And then the lift ride was half over. Gabriel shook his head at the offer of candy. "No, I will survive without candy," he said with a half smile. He could always stop by Level Four himself later if he changed his mind. "Better hurry!" Or hadn't Kit remembered that he was late late, for a very important date!
Kit shrugged. "Ah, well, to each his own, I guess." Kit closed the bag and slipped his foot out of the doorway. "Oh, you're right! See you later!" Kit waved over his shoulder as he rushed to get to his desk. First up on the days agenda: dump a whole bag of candy in a desk drawer. Very important duties.