sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1114 users online including...
Stevendalo , astrocat , gotovim_quMn , natethegreat , workwethozy , Kevinmit , HoustonCoets , Evawxa , Evadng

12 members
1102 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster Wilber Winterbottom's Reign > Term 64: May - August 2023

Term 64: May - August 2023 Term Sixty-Four: The Future Really Makes You Sphinx (Sept 2110 - June 2111)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2023, 02:19 PM

Default Barn & Pastures

One of the areas on the grounds Professor Paton encourages students to get comfortable visiting is the barns, with the connecting pastures nearby. The barn is conveniently located by the meadow clearing in which Care of Magical Creatures lessons are held when the weather is good. Within the barn an array of magical creatures can be located, ranging from flobberworms to the winged horses and hippogriffs to everything in between; magical and mundane alike. This is also where specially approved pets are housed during the school term.

The inside of the barn is spacious in order for the creatures to feel most comfortable. Each has their own stall specially designed for them. Most animals within the barn or pastures are rated X, XX, or XXX. Some animals reside in stalls, others are in coops or cubbies, some are in the loft above your head, and some are just regular mundane barn creatures. Each area is magically expanded inside to give the creature(s) maximum comfort and enough room should they need it. Please remember your skill level, year, and familiarity around animals when visiting the Barn and Pastures. If you have special permission to have a non-traditional pet, this is where it will stay during the school term.

SPOILER!!: Creatures housed in the Barns and Pastures

Flobberworms:
Lucy & Ricky
Matilda
Jack
A lot of other unnamed ones

Puffskeins:
Pepper
Dawn
Lemongelo
Cocoa
Bubbles

Bowtruckles:
Pickle
Jasper
Acorn
Daffodil
Raspberry

Crups:
Beans (Paton Family Companion)(When not inside the barn he can be found in Professor Paton's office)

Hippogriffs:
Buddy & Charlene
Ruffles & Springy
Helios
Hippie & Skippy
Waterwings
Monty & Molly
Grey Feathers

Winged Horses:
Corena & Oslo (Aethonans)
January & June (Granians)
Apollo (Abraxan)
Cygnus & Eridanus (Granians)
Ise (Abraxan)
Francis & Estelle (Abraxans)
Maxine (Abraxan)
Gemma (Granian)
Perseus (Aethonan)
Zeus (Aethonan)
Levi (Aethonan)
Beck (Abraxan)

Thestrals:
Sinatra
Louis
Billie
Etta

Kneazles:
Aphrodite
Blossom
Orion
Sinna
Honey
Otis
Maya

Jarveys:
Albus (Albino) (M) - a long-haired, all-white, older jarvey with red eyes
Alice (F) - likes to preen; a very pretty, sleek jarvey
Ivory (Albino) (F) - intelligent jarvey, also all-white, related to Albus
Mozart (M) - very, very old, hard of hearing, but cuddly jarvey
Ferret Bueller (M) - sneaky, slippery, youngest jarvey, related to Mollywobbles (deceased)
Maui (M) - handsome jarvey, v. good at tunneling and tumbling
Rubeus (M) - a large, curious jarvey who loves treats
Cersei (F) - a troublesome jarvey who likes to nip fingers
Kenny (M) - a long jarvey, sniffs everyone and everything, says "oi oi oi" a lot
Jolene (F) - a curious, slinky jarvey who does not like Alice
Pretzel (F) - a flexible young, friendly, and cuddly jarvey
Old 05-28-2023, 09:43 AM   #2 (permalink)

MO & DoM
Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Allie McKinley
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Mikkel Andreassen
Mysteries

x12 x6
Default Open Post<3
HeadGirlMC | Treddie & Trixiver <3 | Copy Girl | Katie's Ickle Minion | I love YOU more

With winter quickly approaching and the temperatures starting to drop rapidly, Aurora could be found in one of her favourite places in the school sheltering from the cool wind blowing its way across Scotland. The twelve year old had always had a fondness for animals, in fact so far it held top priority for a future career however it was likely that it might change as she got older and hopefully a little wiser and her interests changed. She was quite sure that her love for horses wouldn’t disappear though and it was outside their stable that she could be found that afternoon.

Her companion, a Pygmy Puff sat on her shoulder, she walked along each of the stables greeting the Winged Horses one-by-one. She hadn’t thus far been able to pick a favourite although today it was looking like a ‘Francis & Estelle’ kind of day. No doubt it would all change tomorrow and she’d discover a new favourite to preen over.
Old 06-05-2023, 09:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default *claims* ^_^
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottiepot View Post
With winter quickly approaching and the temperatures starting to drop rapidly, Aurora could be found in one of her favourite places in the school sheltering from the cool wind blowing its way across Scotland. The twelve year old had always had a fondness for animals, in fact so far it held top priority for a future career however it was likely that it might change as she got older and hopefully a little wiser and her interests changed. She was quite sure that her love for horses wouldn’t disappear though and it was outside their stable that she could be found that afternoon.

Her companion, a Pygmy Puff sat on her shoulder, she walked along each of the stables greeting the Winged Horses one-by-one. She hadn’t thus far been able to pick a favourite although today it was looking like a ‘Francis & Estelle’ kind of day. No doubt it would all change tomorrow and she’d discover a new favourite to preen over.
Desiree had enough of being cooped up indoors, and so, apparently, had her cat. A trip to the barn was just the ticket! She could check out all the cute cuddly creatures, and Mo could play with the kneazles. Win-win! The little sphinx cat trotted along at her side, wearing a hand-knitted green sweater with a gargoyle pattern - a homage to his full name - to keep warm.

In keeping with the Disney theme, Desiree herself was channeling Esmeralda with her look: a pink ear warmer, purple and gold scarf, and a white teal and purple jacket to keep out the cold. On the way to the kneazle enclosure, she passed the winged horses and noticed a younger girl already there. “Beautiful, aren’t they?” she said with a friendly smile. “Are Francis and Estelle your favorites?”

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
Old 06-06-2023, 03:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

MO & DoM
Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Allie McKinley
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Mikkel Andreassen
Mysteries

x12 x6
HeadGirlMC | Treddie & Trixiver <3 | Copy Girl | Katie's Ickle Minion | I love YOU more

If she hadn’t of been so distracted by horses before her, Aurora might’ve heard the other student approaching behind her. The Ravenclaw was however so deep in thought considering what it would be like to ride one of the magnificent creatures that she jumped a little as a voice came out of seemingly nowhere. Relieved to see a friendly face rather than someone about to tell her off for spending too much time in the stables, her lips fell into a big grin.

“I don’t think I can pick a favourite! They’re all so beautiful in their own special ways.” She was sure that the Thestrals would be magnificent too but Aurora was thankfully not in the situation to be able to see them.

That was when she spotted the kitty. “Oh my Merlin you have a SPHYNX! My Uncle Bradley always had Sphynx cats. My Ma who is his sister had Munchkin cats. I always thought it was funny that they picked the most unusual cats to have as siblings but I love them all equally. We still have a Munchkin cat at home but I wasn’t allowed to bring her to school so instead I have a Pygmy Puff my friend bought me but my Mum’s don’t know about her yet.” There she was, little miss chatterbox who once you got her going she could never stop. Sorry Desiree.
Old 06-07-2023, 07:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Default Daniel Yoon: Job Fair Meeting with Hady
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

This might sound strange to some but cleaning could be quite therapeutic. Some might not think barn cleaning would fit into that but Hadleigh would beg to differ. The woman could easily lose herself for many hours cleaning and working away in the barn. There was much to be done in here on a daily basis. From feeding and giving water, to cleaning stalls, to grooming and health checks.

Every creature under her care deserved the proper looking after. All of her students deserved the best guidance that she could give to them. So when the time drew closer for her to meet with Daniel Yoon, she exited the stall she had cleaning and closed the door to it behind her.

You are Bread!
Old 06-08-2023, 07:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
This might sound strange to some but cleaning could be quite therapeutic. Some might not think barn cleaning would fit into that but Hadleigh would beg to differ. The woman could easily lose herself for many hours cleaning and working away in the barn. There was much to be done in here on a daily basis. From feeding and giving water, to cleaning stalls, to grooming and health checks.

Every creature under her care deserved the proper looking after. All of her students deserved the best guidance that she could give to them. So when the time drew closer for her to meet with Daniel Yoon, she exited the stall she had cleaning and closed the door to it behind her.
As someone who was born and raised holding a silver spoon, Daniel had never cleaned a day in his life. His family had maids for that at home and at school, the house elves did most of the things. To Daniel, cleaning did not sound therapeutic at all.

As he approached the barn and pastures, the seventh-year checked his watch. He was a little earlier than Professor Paton's letter suggested, but he'd rather not be late by accident.

Hearing sounds coming from the barn, Daniel went that way, and as he was about to enter, he noticed the Professor closing a stall door behind her. "Good day, Professor Paton" he greeted, thinking that the meeting place was a strange one and he hoped they would move to a more suitable place like her office.
Old 06-09-2023, 08:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottiepot View Post
If she hadn’t of been so distracted by horses before her, Aurora might’ve heard the other student approaching behind her. The Ravenclaw was however so deep in thought considering what it would be like to ride one of the magnificent creatures that she jumped a little as a voice came out of seemingly nowhere. Relieved to see a friendly face rather than someone about to tell her off for spending too much time in the stables, her lips fell into a big grin.

“I don’t think I can pick a favourite! They’re all so beautiful in their own special ways.” She was sure that the Thestrals would be magnificent too but Aurora was thankfully not in the situation to be able to see them.

That was when she spotted the kitty. “Oh my Merlin you have a SPHYNX! My Uncle Bradley always had Sphynx cats. My Ma who is his sister had Munchkin cats. I always thought it was funny that they picked the most unusual cats to have as siblings but I love them all equally. We still have a Munchkin cat at home but I wasn’t allowed to bring her to school so instead I have a Pygmy Puff my friend bought me but my Mum’s don’t know about her yet.” There she was, little miss chatterbox who once you got her going she could never stop. Sorry Desiree.
Desiree couldn’t help but feel a little guilty seeing the younger girl jump. Oops! She didn’t mean to startle her! Before she could apologize, the other girl was already grinning. Desiree’s own smile grew. “They are, aren’t they?” she replied, reaching up to give Estelle a pat. And one for Francis, too!

“I wonder if these Abraxans are related to the ones that pull the Beauxbatons carriages,” she thought out loud, realizing too late that the other girl might have no idea what Beauxbatons was. Her dad used to go there, so she’d heard all the stories! The winged horse carriages sort of reminded her of Cinderella! Come to think of it, almost everything she’d heard about that school sounded like out of a fairytale.

Desiree was jerked out of her thoughts as the other girl started talking again… a lot. She giggled softly. She didn’t mind chatterboxes; she could be one herself when she got going! She beamed at the attention to her cat, and so did Mo in his own way. The cat blinked, tilting his head to the side, and gave an inquisitive mrrp! “His name’s Quasimodo, but almost everybody calls him Mo,” she said. “Would you like to pet him?”

She had munchkin cats?! Desiree always wanted one of those… or seven, one named after each of the dwarves in Snow White. “That’s so cool! I’ve never had a munchkin cat. My dad used to have a Persian, though. She was really fluffy- and really lazy!” It was only then that she noticed the puffskien on the other girl's shoulder. "Is that your puff?"

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
Old 06-13-2023, 04:58 PM   #8 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
As someone who was born and raised holding a silver spoon, Daniel had never cleaned a day in his life. His family had maids for that at home and at school, the house elves did most of the things. To Daniel, cleaning did not sound therapeutic at all.

As he approached the barn and pastures, the seventh-year checked his watch. He was a little earlier than Professor Paton's letter suggested, but he'd rather not be late by accident.

Hearing sounds coming from the barn, Daniel went that way, and as he was about to enter, he noticed the Professor closing a stall door behind her. "Good day, Professor Paton" he greeted, thinking that the meeting place was a strange one and he hoped they would move to a more suitable place like her office.
As a Professor, Hady knew certain things about her students that were considered important. The fact that Daniel came from a more well-to-do family was one of them. Not that any of that mattered to her, she still always expected the very same from all of her students regardless of their upbringing. He need not worry though, she wasn't about to ask him to help her clean the barns today.

It was as she closing the stall door that she noticed she was longer alone. Daniel was earlier. Perfect way to be too, if anyone asked her. "Good day, Mister Yoon. How are you today?" The barns might seem like an impractical place to hold a meeting but sometimes one had to work with the time they had arrival to them. However if this didn't workout in here she could perhaps find them another location to continue their chat if need be.

You are Bread!
Old 06-15-2023, 12:00 PM   #9 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

Quote:
As a Professor, Hady knew certain things about her students that were considered important. The fact that Daniel came from a more well-to-do family was one of them. Not that any of that mattered to her, she still always expected the very same from all of her students regardless of their upbringing. He need not worry though, she wasn't about to ask him to help her clean the barns today.

It was as she closing the stall door that she noticed she was longer alone. Daniel was earlier. Perfect way to be too, if anyone asked her. "Good day, Mister Yoon. How are you today?" The barns might seem like an impractical place to hold a meeting but sometimes one had to work with the time they had arrival to them. However if this didn't workout in here she could perhaps find them another location to continue their chat if need be.
As the Professor asked him a simple question, one of his bag's straps began to slide down his shoulder and he pulled it up. He paused for a beat before shrugging. "A little nervous, not sure what to expect from this meeting, but good nonetheless," he admitted.

A more social person would have repeated the question back again. However, Daniel did not do so because he genuinely did not care. It wasn’t that he disliked the professor, he simply did not see the point as he disliked small talk. ” If you’re on your way to feed the animals I can lend a hand” he offered. He didn't want to clean, but he didn't mind feeding the animals while they talked.
Old 06-20-2023, 01:01 PM   #10 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:
As the Professor asked him a simple question, one of his bag's straps began to slide down his shoulder and he pulled it up. He paused for a beat before shrugging. "A little nervous, not sure what to expect from this meeting, but good nonetheless," he admitted.

A more social person would have repeated the question back again. However, Daniel did not do so because he genuinely did not care. It wasn’t that he disliked the professor, he simply did not see the point as he disliked small talk. ” If you’re on your way to feed the animals I can lend a hand” he offered. He didn't want to clean, but he didn't mind feeding the animals while they talked.
Hady nodded, in understanding. She remembered being this age and having these chats with her professors as well only she knew exactly what she wanted to do after Hogwarts and had always been very driven on how to get to that goal from day one. "It's alright to be nervous but honestly you don't need to be. This meeting is only to help you prepare and get a better understanding for what to expect of the job fair. Help give you general ideas on possible questions to ask about careers that you may be interested in so you can learn more about them on that day." Today was only a small step in that direction.

There was no need for a repeat of her own question. Not everyone was social. Being a parent and a professor, she knew this. She sometimes got snubbed by her kids when she tried chatting with them too much. "I would love a helping hand, thank you. Is there a certain group of creatures in here that you would like to start with first or not tend to at all?" This was important to know as she didn't want to make him feel completely uncomfortable since he was offering to help her.

"Alright so why don't we get started. Do you know what you'll be doing after graduation yet? University? Straight out into the work force? Travel?" Professor Paton looked over at Daniel.

You are Bread!
Old 06-22-2023, 05:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
Your Guide
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
The Narrator
follow me; everything is all right.

When you're very, very, very bored, you might be inclined to try to relieve your boredom by making a visit to the creatures out in the barns and pastures. Students aren't the only ones who like to do this, apparently. If you look very closely, you might see some strange paw-prints here and there in the soft earth of the pastures, in the hay in the barn. Of course, one would have to look closely to distinguish these prints from the many other prints in this creature-fillerd area. But these are different. The Hippogriff area seems to have been a particularly favorite spot for the ... who, or what ever made these prints. Maybe a particularly large kneazle...Whatever it was, it didn't stay, but disappeared into the night, leaving a lot of unsettled creatures behind.
Old 06-26-2023, 08:57 PM   #12 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2

Quote:
Hady nodded, in understanding. She remembered being this age and having these chats with her professors as well only she knew exactly what she wanted to do after Hogwarts and had always been very driven on how to get to that goal from day one. "It's alright to be nervous but honestly you don't need to be. This meeting is only to help you prepare and get a better understanding for what to expect of the job fair. Help give you general ideas on possible questions to ask about careers that you may be interested in so you can learn more about them on that day." Today was only a small step in that direction.

There was no need for a repeat of her own question. Not everyone was social. Being a parent and a professor, she knew this. She sometimes got snubbed by her kids when she tried chatting with them too much. "I would love a helping hand, thank you. Is there a certain group of creatures in here that you would like to start with first or not tend to at all?" This was important to know as she didn't want to make him feel completely uncomfortable since he was offering to help her.

"Alright so why don't we get started. Do you know what you'll be doing after graduation yet? University? Straight out into the work force? Travel?" Professor Paton looked over at Daniel.

Daniel felt a little more at ease after Professor Paton explained that he had nothing to worry about and that this was just a talk to get him ready for the job fair. Of course, he knew this, but wasn't it natural to be nervous about new experiences?

The Hufflepuff was relieved that she accepted his assistance in feeding the creatures and shrugged his shoulders. "I like the bowtruckles" he answered "Though i don't think they're here in the barn, are they?"

Oh right. He wasn't here to just feed the creatures; he was here for another reason. "I want to continue my education and attend university," he had not specified which university because he wasn't sure yet. "I've been interested in curse-breaking since my first year and I still am," he said. "Which areas of study do i need to take in University if i want to pursue this carrier?"
Old 06-28-2023, 03:15 PM   #13 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:
Daniel felt a little more at ease after Professor Paton explained that he had nothing to worry about and that this was just a talk to get him ready for the job fair. Of course, he knew this, but wasn't it natural to be nervous about new experiences?

The Hufflepuff was relieved that she accepted his assistance in feeding the creatures and shrugged his shoulders. "I like the bowtruckles" he answered "Though i don't think they're here in the barn, are they?"

Oh right. He wasn't here to just feed the creatures; he was here for another reason. "I want to continue my education and attend university," he had not specified which university because he wasn't sure yet. "I've been interested in curse-breaking since my first year and I still am," he said. "Which areas of study do i need to take in University if i want to pursue this carrier?"
These meetings were meant to help the students feel confident when the job fair came around. What she didn't want was for any of them to feel nervous or unsure about what to do. That's why she hoped this would go smoothly and that they would be able to cover a few different things to at least give Daniel a good idea in where he might need to start with his career planning for his future that was coming up fast.

Anytime that Hady received help from one of the students it made her very happy. It honestly didn't matter what they were helping with. Ah, yes, bowtruckles. The answer but a soft smile on the woman's face. Their always interesting to work with." Bowtruckles could be quite feisty for such a small creature. "Not normally, no. They tend to live out on the island our in the pasture at times. I will bring them in here if the weather is really bad though." She had to do what was best for the creatures. Safety first!

Nod nod. "Do you have a university in mind yet or are you still deciding on that?" Hady knew how difficult choosing a university could be. Curse-breaking! Well that was a great path. A difficult one she knew with a great deal of training from what she heard but very rewarding. "Typically when you have something in your mind like that, it's somewhat safe to say that you should definitely look into it." She smiled. "You would want to continue studying Transfiguration, Charms, Defense against the Dark Arts, Potions, Ancient Runes and Arithmancy as well as any courses the university offers for Curse-breaking. Maybe even look into any possibly summer programs to see if that's really what you want to do."

You are Bread!
Old 06-28-2023, 06:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
Zoe

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Narrator View Post
When you're very, very, very bored, you might be inclined to try to relieve your boredom by making a visit to the creatures out in the barns and pastures. Students aren't the only ones who like to do this, apparently. If you look very closely, you might see some strange paw-prints here and there in the soft earth of the pastures, in the hay in the barn. Of course, one would have to look closely to distinguish these prints from the many other prints in this creature-fillerd area. But these are different. The Hippogriff area seems to have been a particularly favorite spot for the ... who, or what ever made these prints. Maybe a particularly large kneazle...Whatever it was, it didn't stay, but disappeared into the night, leaving a lot of unsettled creatures behind.
Logan's reasoning for being down at the barn and pastures wasn't out of boredom. In fact, it was more of a reward for getting his homework assignments finished. Well, one of his assignments had been completed. That, in the boy's mind at least, was worthy of a reward: to go play with Beans.

So that is exactly what the blond intended on doing for a while. The crup's favourite ball had been retrieved, which resulted in Beans bolting for the pastures. Soon the ball was thrown in the air, and the duo played fetch for quite some time. At least until the crup decided to be a bit cheeky and wouldn't return the ball, which resulted in the Gryffindor running after his pet.

That was when he saw the footprints. The dog chase suddenly came to a halt, and Logan was intently eyeing up the prints. Of course, he knew it wasn't an unusual thing to see creature prints in the ground; however, he knew, considering his familiarity with creatures and especially the ones housed here thanks to his mum, that these did not quite belong.

At first he thought they belonged to a kneazle, but these were a bit too large for that... Then a light bulb went off in his brain. Could it be... Wasn't it supposed to be in the... Was the beast still somewhere nearby? There were two options that Logan could now take: either follow the footprints or alert his mum. The former is what he decided to do, at least for now, which led him to the hippogriff area, the crup following after him in an effort to get his attention.