sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1155 users online including...
Antoniorch

2 members
1153 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster Wilber Winterbottom's Reign > Term 64: May - August 2023

Term 64: May - August 2023 Term Sixty-Four: The Future Really Makes You Sphinx (Sept 2110 - June 2111)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2022, 01:48 PM

Default Boris the Bewildered

Not far from the entrance of the fifth-floor corridor stands a statue of Boris the Bewildered. Even though there is a statue present in dedication to the man, not much is known about him these days. Just by looking at his expression, it appears that he is either very lost or someone just Confunded him. Though, perhaps, this observation will not come as a surprise to you. After all, the old man is wearing his gloves on the wrong hands.

Hopefully you are faring significantly better than the statue standing before you. In general the statue is used as a landmark for prefects and Quidditch captains, serving as a gentle reminder that their exclusive bathroom is just a few doors down. If you are not a student leader, however, the statue might be viewed as yet another of those silly things that reside inside the castle and be deemed as something not worth investigating further. Though, if you ever need a casual meeting place, Boris will always be there to help you out even if he hasn't got a clue who you even are.
Old 06-05-2023, 03:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Zoe
Dark Force Defense League

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8
Default Ally & Keighley
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

It was another one of those days that involved aimlessly wandering around the castle primarily to avoid doing homework. Though, of course, if anyone were to ask, the Gryffindor had an excuse already at the forefront of his mind: he was in search of inspiration for his assignment. What that 'inspiration' was he still had to think about, but he was sure it would come to him soon enough.

After turning a corner, the sight of the statue reminded Logan of which part of the castle he was currently at. The Prefects' Bathroom was just a few doors down, that he was quite aware of. Not that bit of knowledge did him any good since he didn't have the password and his mum refused to tell him what it was. So, instead of trying to find his own means of getting inside that room, he decided to linger at the statute for a moment. Truthfully he hadn't closely examined it before because, in his opinion, there were more interesting things in the castle to be looking at.

Now that he was giving Boris a proper look over, the blond was now just as confused as the poor bloke was. Why was he wearing his gloves like that? Surely there was an explanation for this peculiar behaviour.

Old 06-06-2023, 08:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Sometimes a girl just needed a break. A little while to walk around aimlessly doing nothing of real interest. Other times, there was a destination point in mind. Like the music room or the kitchen or somewhere outside. Maybe even the Astronomy Tower of the mood struck her.

Today, Keigh had somewhere to be but that somewhere wasn't of concern for a little while yet. Having spent the earlier part of the day with Livvy doing their hair and nails and chatting about all the things, she now had some free time before meeting up with Charlie. Hence her current wanderings through the corridors.

It was only when she was about halfway through the corridor that she noticed her cousin, walking over to stand right beside him to stare at the statue of Boris the Bewildered. "An particular reason you're staring at him like that?" She asked curiously by way of greeting.

You are Bread!
Old 06-07-2023, 07:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Zoe

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

Logan stared and he stared some more and he continued to stare as his curiosity only grew and his mind wandered freely. He had questions about this particular fellow. What was his story? Was he lost? Had he been Confunded? And, really, what was the deal with those gloves? Surely someone in the castle knew about whoever this guy was. And if he wasn't hiding the entrance to a passage, then the statue really was pointless.

He blinked. Maybe that theory wasn't such a bad one. Eager by the potential of discovering a secret passage, the blond joined one of his hands with one of the statues. He was just about to try giving the hand a firm twist when a voice sounded behind him. Initially, he was startled, just enough for his hand to let go of the statue before he could test the theory. The sight of his cousin, however, took the surprise away and he laughed.

"You know, you really do have a way of sneaking up on people," Logan told Keighley with a grin. It was impressive. He certainly couldn't be that quiet given his consistently loud nature. As for her question, he simply said, "Just trying to figure out the point of this guy and why he looks like that." A finger was pointed at the gloves for emphasis. "And then I thought he maybe could be hiding something. Know anything about him?"

Old 06-13-2023, 02:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Logan stared and he stared some more and he continued to stare as his curiosity only grew and his mind wandered freely. He had questions about this particular fellow. What was his story? Was he lost? Had he been Confunded? And, really, what was the deal with those gloves? Surely someone in the castle knew about whoever this guy was. And if he wasn't hiding the entrance to a passage, then the statue really was pointless.

He blinked. Maybe that theory wasn't such a bad one. Eager by the potential of discovering a secret passage, the blond joined one of his hands with one of the statues. He was just about to try giving the hand a firm twist when a voice sounded behind him. Initially, he was startled, just enough for his hand to let go of the statue before he could test the theory. The sight of his cousin, however, took the surprise away and he laughed.

"You know, you really do have a way of sneaking up on people," Logan told Keighley with a grin. It was impressive. He certainly couldn't be that quiet given his consistently loud nature. As for her question, he simply said, "Just trying to figure out the point of this guy and why he looks like that." A finger was pointed at the gloves for emphasis. "And then I thought he maybe could be hiding something. Know anything about him?"
Keighley's smile was one of pure sweet innocence. "Indeed I do, my dear sweet cousin but perhaps it only seems that I am sneaking up on you because you're the one staring intently at a statue and holding its hand?" Ah, yes, she had seen that. Cue a little cheeky grin. Not to worry, Logan, the secret was safe with her. With all of her different levels of Martial Arts training, being quiet sometimes was helpful.

"Why he looks like what? Thoughtful? Confused?" The blonde turned her own set of light blue eyes onto the statue her younger cousin had been staring at. "I do know that his name is Boris the Bewildered. As for why he's called that.. well that's beyond my knowledge." Keigh glanced up and down the corridor before her gaze returned to Logan. "I'm sure there's no reason for me to say that the Prefect Bathroom is pretty close by?" Not that it does either of them any good since they couldn't get into it anyhow without the password for it.

You are Bread!
Old 06-14-2023, 04:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Zoe

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8

How she was pulling off that innocent look was something that left Logan in wonderment. What was her secret to doing that so successfully? When he tried looking so innocent, people saw right through it most of the time. It was because he was a Gryffindor and she was a Hufflepuff, wasn't it? His general demeanour screamed that he was always up to something, whereas Keighley was sweet, innocent Keighley.

"It's not what you think," the blond replied as quick as a Snitch. But, then again, it did look that like to her: he had been staring at the statue and did basically hold its hand. That cheeky grin of hers caused him to take a glance back at the stone figure "I was testing something."

Now that they were both looking at good ol' Boris, his guess as to what he was going here and whether or not he was hiding something remained a mystery. And it was a bummer that his cousin didn't have any more information about him than he did. "Yeah, I already to the bathroom is just over there. Think that's all he is? A landmark? Or do you wanna give holding his hand a go? You know, for scientific purposes."

Old 06-16-2023, 02:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:
How she was pulling off that innocent look was something that left Logan in wonderment. What was her secret to doing that so successfully? When he tried looking so innocent, people saw right through it most of the time. It was because he was a Gryffindor and she was a Hufflepuff, wasn't it? His general demeanour screamed that he was always up to something, whereas Keighley was sweet, innocent Keighley.

"It's not what you think," the blond replied as quick as a Snitch. But, then again, it did look that like to her: he had been staring at the statue and did basically hold its hand. That cheeky grin of hers caused him to take a glance back at the stone figure "I was testing something."

Now that they were both looking at good ol' Boris, his guess as to what he was going here and whether or not he was hiding something remained a mystery. And it was a bummer that his cousin didn't have any more information about him than he did. "Yeah, I already to the bathroom is just over there. Think that's all he is? A landmark? Or do you wanna give holding his hand a go? You know, for scientific purposes."
If only he asked, she would be more than happy to show him. Perhaps even teach him the art of her ways. Really it was all very simple. And it really had nothing to do with being sweet and innocent at all.

"And what is it that you think, I think?" she cast a curious blue at him, her smile only playful. It was funny because she wasn't always this way. Typically she was very sweet and incredibly helpful. Her cheeky side was normally reserved for her siblings and partners. "Testing.. what exactly?" Honestly she as being that cheeky older cousin. With all of the strange things she had seen around Hogwarts.. this was nothing.

Keighley shifted her weight from her right foot to her left, her hands on her hips. "Honestly with where he's located, yeah. Maybe if he was closer to a wall or even a tapestry or something then maybe he could be hiding something but I really don't know." Then again, one could never really be too sure of anything around here. "You want me to hold his hand? Sure, why, not." Lifting a shoulder in a shrug, the sixth year stepped closer towards the statue of Boris so she was right in front of him.

Without another moments thought on it, Keigh raised her hand and clasped it around Boris' hand. Now she wasn't entirely sure what she was meant to do but that was alright. This was purely experimental. Annnnnnnd just for good measure after a moment or two she placed her other hand around Boris' as well so both of her hands enclosed his one hand. You're welcome, Logan.

You are Bread!
Old 06-17-2023, 11:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Zoe

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8

"That I was practicing handholding and saying sweet nothings," he responded, his mouth moving before the thought had fully registered in his mind. As soon as the words were said, he instantly was embarrassed that they had been said. But he had to play it cool, so he smirked, making it appear that he was being sarcastic before giving his cousin an actually genuine reason for what he had been up to.

"Thought there might be a possibility that he was hiding a secret passage," he quickly continued on. "So I was testing if holding or turning his hands did anything. You never know if --" The sentence would never be finished as he was intrigued if what Keighley did would make Boris do anything since she was already connecting hands with the statue.

But, of course, nothing was going to happen. Keighley's actions proved as much. Boris was just a boring old statue with really no apparent significance other than to take up space and likely be a landmark for prefects.

"Well, that was disappointing."

Old 06-20-2023, 02:17 PM   #9 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:
"That I was practicing handholding and saying sweet nothings," he responded, his mouth moving before the thought had fully registered in his mind. As soon as the words were said, he instantly was embarrassed that they had been said. But he had to play it cool, so he smirked, making it appear that he was being sarcastic before giving his cousin an actually genuine reason for what he had been up to.

"Thought there might be a possibility that he was hiding a secret passage," he quickly continued on. "So I was testing if holding or turning his hands did anything. You never know if --" The sentence would never be finished as he was intrigued if what Keighley did would make Boris do anything since she was already connecting hands with the statue.

But, of course, nothing was going to happen. Keighley's actions proved as much. Boris was just a boring old statue with really no apparent significance other than to take up space and likely be a landmark for prefects.

"Well, that was disappointing."
"The thought that that's the first thing that comes to your mind that I would think about all of this, makes me think that that's what WAS on your mind," Keighley gave him a cheeky look. She had a feeling that it wasn't but if he was going to be strange and say it, well then she was going to comment on it. "Now why you would be doing that out in the middle of a corridor is beyond me buuuuut.. to each their own."

Now it was what Logan said next that made much more sense. Secret passageways were always being looked for. Were they being found? No. Not to her knowledge they weren't. But that didn't stop anyone from looking. So obviously she did nod her head in understanding when she had been paying attention.

"I could've told you as much. Don't you think that these spots have been checked out long before out time?" Keighley dropped her hands back down to her sides. "Any passages that existed were closed up. You're not going to find a new one that easily."

You are Bread!
Old 06-21-2023, 08:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Zoe

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8

While he knew his cousin was being cheeky, his mind was very much in Gryffindor mode today. His mouth was already moving before he could fully process the words before he spoke them. "Puh-lease. Why would I need to be practicing that?" There was a pause before he, again, realized what had been said. "Actually ... don't answer that."

Anyway, yes, secret passages are exactly what he had been looking for, not a place to practice things that didn't need to be practiced. There had been a number on Atlas' list that he had Vera had made use of, but there had to have been more somewhere in the castle somewhere. Or, wild idea, maybe more could somehow be made.

"Then what was the point of locking hands with Boris then, hmm?" The blond rolled his eyes. But soon enough they were locked on Keighley, a sure sign that he was taking in every word she had to say regarding passages. "Yeah, sure. But you never know. Maybe they magically will open up again. Doesn't hurt to check."

Old 06-23-2023, 03:44 PM   #11 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:
While he knew his cousin was being cheeky, his mind was very much in Gryffindor mode today. His mouth was already moving before he could fully process the words before he spoke them. "Puh-lease. Why would I need to be practicing that?" There was a pause before he, again, realized what had been said. "Actually ... don't answer that."

Anyway, yes, secret passages are exactly what he had been looking for, not a place to practice things that didn't need to be practiced. There had been a number on Atlas' list that he had Vera had made use of, but there had to have been more somewhere in the castle somewhere. Or, wild idea, maybe more could somehow be made.

"Then what was the point of locking hands with Boris then, hmm?" The blond rolled his eyes. But soon enough they were locked on Keighley, a sure sign that he was taking in every word she had to say regarding passages. "Yeah, sure. But you never know. Maybe they magically will open up again. Doesn't hurt to check."
"How should I know? You're the one that was holding hands with him." Nope, too late. She was going to answer that. "Though might I suggest if you want to keep practicing your flirting or whispering of sweet nothings, that you do it in a more private spot where someone else won't see or hear you." Just a helpful tip right there for him.

The blonde swung her gaze onto her blonde cousin. "Because you asked me to, duh." Seriously, Logan. Why else would she have done such a thing at her age? Okay, truthfully she would've done it anyhow in her own explorations or maybe she already had years ago but she was simply humoring him this time around. "I'm not saying it couldn't happen, I'm just saying.. wouldn't it make better sense if that's the case to check out the places that were actually really secret passageways then?"

You are Bread!
Old 06-27-2023, 12:16 AM   #12 (permalink)
Zoe

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8

"I wasn't holding hands with him!" the boy exclaimed, at this point taking what was probably just a cheeky moment a little too seriously. Then his face began to change colour. "I mean, I was. For a little bit. But I wasn't practicing my flirting." Honestly, if he did want to do that, he was very much aware that somewhere private was a better place for that. The Room of Requirement provided the perfect place for that among other things.

Her reason for holding Boris' statue hands herself was ... well, there was some logic missing there. "Well, then, if I asked you to eat a pound of doxy eggs, would you?" Of course, he never would ask his cousin to do such a thing. No would he, for the record, suggest anyone go through with such an act. The aftermath was not a great experience, though he could at least laugh about it now.

Keighley had a point there, but, in his opinion, she also didn't at the same time. He wasn't here to revisit old passages. "True," he replied with a shrug of his shoulders. "Doesn't hurt to check those out. But I'm also on the hunt for new passages if there are any. That is why I was giving him a nice hand-holding when you strolled along."

Old 06-29-2023, 03:04 PM   #13 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:
"I wasn't holding hands with him!" the boy exclaimed, at this point taking what was probably just a cheeky moment a little too seriously. Then his face began to change colour. "I mean, I was. For a little bit. But I wasn't practicing my flirting." Honestly, if he did want to do that, he was very much aware that somewhere private was a better place for that. The Room of Requirement provided the perfect place for that among other things.

Her reason for holding Boris' statue hands herself was ... well, there was some logic missing there. "Well, then, if I asked you to eat a pound of doxy eggs, would you?" Of course, he never would ask his cousin to do such a thing. No would he, for the record, suggest anyone go through with such an act. The aftermath was not a great experience, though he could at least laugh about it now.

Keighley had a point there, but, in his opinion, she also didn't at the same time. He wasn't here to revisit old passages. "True," he replied with a shrug of his shoulders. "Doesn't hurt to check those out. But I'm also on the hunt for new passages if there are any. That is why I was giving him a nice hand-holding when you strolled along."
Keighley didn't mean to laugh but she couldn't help it. Her cousins sudden strange over the top behavior was just too funny now. "Calm down, I'm only teasing." What was with him? Since when didn't he know how to take a joke anymore?Somewhat eyes him for the briefest moment curiously. Should she question him on it or..? Perhaps she would later.

The blonde rolled her eyes. "How stupid do you think I am? This was merely to entertain your purely experimental process that you had going on here." In other words, she had been trying to help him! Should he ever think of asking her to do something so gross, she would only suggest for him to do the same. Or at the very least something equally as disgusting.

Well she was no mind reader, so without him telling her what it was that he was doing here, she had come up with her own reasons. Which was quite entertaining for a little while. The truth, while less funny, made much more sense. "If that's the case then you should really be checking every inch of this place. Who knows where something cool might be hidden."

You are Bread!
Old 07-01-2023, 09:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
Zoe

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8

Once a Gryffindor was riled up, whether intentionally or not, laughing at them and telling them to calm down didn't normally turn out well. Had anyone other than his cousin, a member of his family, had been there, jinxes may or may not have been cast just because that is what his might was telling him to do. It was fight or flight, and today talk of flirting and such was hitting a nerve. Was it caused by teenage angst? Pent-up emotions? Tired of being cooped up indoors? The boy didn't have a clue.

But he was breathing. A breath in, a breath out, in, out, in out. "Whatever" is all he said in response to the teasing and her entraining his experimental process. He was ready to move on from all of that.

As for discovering new passages, he was still wanting that to happen. It was, truthfully, why he was wandering the halls. "That's sorta what I've been doing. Mainly was looking for anything out of the ordinary that could reveal a secret passage. Hence why I was giving Boris here a look over. The hands are odd, so it was worth a try. But, now that we'd concluded he's your usual boring statue, where would you suggest looking next?"

Old 07-06-2023, 02:42 PM   #15 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:
Once a Gryffindor was riled up, whether intentionally or not, laughing at them and telling them to calm down didn't normally turn out well. Had anyone other than his cousin, a member of his family, had been there, jinxes may or may not have been cast just because that is what his might was telling him to do. It was fight or flight, and today talk of flirting and such was hitting a nerve. Was it caused by teenage angst? Pent-up emotions? Tired of being cooped up indoors? The boy didn't have a clue.

But he was breathing. A breath in, a breath out, in, out, in out. "Whatever" is all he said in response to the teasing and her entraining his experimental process. He was ready to move on from all of that.

As for discovering new passages, he was still wanting that to happen. It was, truthfully, why he was wandering the halls. "That's sorta what I've been doing. Mainly was looking for anything out of the ordinary that could reveal a secret passage. Hence why I was giving Boris here a look over. The hands are odd, so it was worth a try. But, now that we'd concluded he's your usual boring statue, where would you suggest looking next?"
Had Logan done anything other than mumble 'Whatever' to her, Keighley was sure that she could have handled it. Not that she felt much like having to toss a spell or two at her younger cousin but if it came down to it, she would've done so to chill him out.

Now she could've very easily pushed at him about whatever it was making him grumpy but she didn't find it necessary at the moment. There really wasn't any point in any of that though. They were moving onward and making progress with better conversation now.

"Alright, I'll give you props for going through that to see what you could possibly come up with." Sadly it had been for no real good, but he had tried. When asked her opinion on where he should look, the sixth year shrugged her shoulders. Anywhere and everywhere if you're truly wanting to find something. Don't leave any stone unturned."

You are Bread!
Old 07-08-2023, 09:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
Zoe

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8

The breathing had helped as did the change in conversation. It was a bit of relief not to talk about practicing flirting or handholding. He didn't need to, and he hadn't been practicing to begin with. Though if he had been inquiring about such things, he supposed that Keighley would be the person to go to. For hypothetical reasons, of course.

But secret passages are what was intentionally on his mind for the time being. He beamed when she gave him props for giving old Boris a go. Even though things hadn't worked out as he had hoped, he could at least say with confidence that there was nothing really special about that statue. "Yeah, a bit of a wasted opportunity not using him for one though," he noted with a shrug.

At his cousin's next set of words, he couldn't help but roll his eyes. "Super helpful, Keigh," he said to her sarcastically as what she had said seemed obvious. "Have any leads or anywhere of interest that we could go explore?"

Old 07-13-2023, 01:11 PM   #17 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:
The breathing had helped as did the change in conversation. It was a bit of relief not to talk about practicing flirting or handholding. He didn't need to, and he hadn't been practicing to begin with. Though if he had been inquiring about such things, he supposed that Keighley would be the person to go to. For hypothetical reasons, of course.

But secret passages are what was intentionally on his mind for the time being. He beamed when she gave him props for giving old Boris a go. Even though things hadn't worked out as he had hoped, he could at least say with confidence that there was nothing really special about that statue. "Yeah, a bit of a wasted opportunity not using him for one though," he noted with a shrug.

At his cousin's next set of words, he couldn't help but roll his eyes. "Super helpful, Keigh," he said to her sarcastically as what she had said seemed obvious. "Have any leads or anywhere of interest that we could go explore?"
Cousin or not, this blonde would always be there for him. No matter what his questions might be, she could possibly answer them. Especially those pertaining to relationships or similar topics. Flirting, maybe not so much but hand holding.. now that was something she knew a lot about too. Another time though, when he was ready and if he wanted to talk, she was here.

Keighley looked from Logan to Boris. From Boris to Logan. More than a few times. "I'm with you on that. Someone should really do something about that." No, she wasn't intentionally trying to put ideas into his head! Or was she?

"You're quite welcome, Logan. I'm so glad that I could help," she grinned at him sweetly not at all fazed by his sarcasm. "Sometimes the funnest part of exploring is not knowing where to go. That's how great things can be discovered."

You are Bread!
Old 07-29-2023, 08:10 PM   #18 (permalink)
Zoe

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8

A conversation about such things most definitely was not on the docket for today. It definitely would come up somewhere down the line, however, because it was inevitable. Things had been alluded to before, but he needed to just mull things over by himself as of late. Or maybe distracting himself from things was a better way to describe what he was actually trying to do right now.

He found himself nodding in agreement with his cousin. Then, intentional or not, he did start considering the idea of someone enhancing Boris' existence with a secret passage. But with a school this old, surely it wasn't that simple. "How does one even go about that?" He figured concealment charms were involved, but the actual construction of a secret passage, especially in a structure that already had walls and rooms in place, was piquing his interest.

Another eye roll, followed by a quiet snort, was given in response. The vagueness was suuuuuuuper helpful. Wasn't someone older supposed to know of places that someone younger might not know of? But she did have a point, he supposed. He also wasn't one to pass up on any kind of exploration as long as it meant not having to sit and write essays. "Well, then, let's find a random spot to investigate," he told Keighley, grabbing hold of her sleeve and nudging her away. "Peace out, Boris."