sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1168 users online including...
Nymphadoraliz , Shawntzs , Stevendalo , Antoniobjl , Antoniodmz , Antonioqum

6 members
1162 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster Wilber Winterbottom's Reign > Term 63: January - April 2023

Term 63: January - April 2023 Term Sixty-Three: The Calm (Sept 2109 - June 2110)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2022, 11:44 PM

Default Portraits

The walls in the first-floor corridor are covered in tapestries and, hung over them, are portraits of numerous witches and wizards. Whether you are trying to get to class or are just browsing around, the portraits here will try to start up a conversation with you. If you manage to get on their good side, they'll be willing to reveal secret passageways, share the latest school gossip, and more.

If you have time to spare, definitely go on a brief tangent from whatever it is you are doing. Google Stump is your man to go to if you're looking for answers about the mysteries of the castle; Beaumont Marjoribanks can tell you everything there is to know about gillyweed; and Elizabeth Burke ... well, it would be best to just avoid her for reasons that will be obvious should you strike up a discussion with her about magical blood status. There are other portraits here as well, each with their own unique personalities, and figures from other portraits happen to invade their frames from time to time.

OOC: Please do not role-play for the Portraits.
Old 01-21-2023, 08:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Default Zoe and Logan!
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

So ever since she had mentioned a veela painting over the summer, which she absolutely was unsure if it actually existed, Vera had been determined to prove herself RIGHT to Logan. Even if it would probably infuriate her too if then he spent allllll his time oogling a veela painting. Being right was 100% more important. Which was why today she was dragging him to the portraits on the first floor, only because it seemed the highest probability for if there was a veela then... maybe they were somewhere on this wall. Maybe a Fleur Delacour? Or uh... whatever her sister's name had been? They both had veela blood, didn't they? AND Fleur had been a champion at Hogwarts for the Triwizard Tournament so... maybe?

Though, while she had applied some logic - if she had thought about it for any longer amount of time, she probably would have realized her best bet for a Delacour was in the trophy room but... she was digressing on the point.

Making her way towards the biiiig wall of portraits, she stared up at them all and let her eyes roam over trying to spot anyone who looked the part. Maybe she should just ask Google Stump... she had some other questions for him anyways too.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Old 01-21-2023, 08:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Zoe
Dark Force Defense League

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

Did Logan want to be dragged along in pursuit of a portrait he just knew didn't exist in the castle? No. Was he trailing after Vera because it was a great opportunity to avoid homework? Absolutely. Were there other reasons for doing so? He'd think about that later. Maybe.

"See any Veela up there?" he asked, nonchalantly watching her looking up at all of the portraits hung up on the wall. He could have been looking with her, of course. It would have been nice to have a pretty portrait to look at from time to time. But, out of spite, he had decided that he wasn't going to be of much help. It just didn't make sense to assist Vera in proving him wrong.

"It'll be loads faster if you just ask if there's one," the blond suggested. Not that he was in a rush or anything. If there was a Veela to be seen, then finding it sooner meant more time for gawking. If there wasn't one, then they could spend their time looking for other things. "But pretty sure we're just wasting our time. My dad would've mentioned it to me if there was one."

Old 01-21-2023, 09:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Did Logan want to be dragged along in pursuit of a portrait he just knew didn't exist in the castle? No. Was he trailing after Vera because it was a great opportunity to avoid homework? Absolutely. Were there other reasons for doing so? He'd think about that later. Maybe.

"See any Veela up there?" he asked, nonchalantly watching her looking up at all of the portraits hung up on the wall. He could have been looking with her, of course. It would have been nice to have a pretty portrait to look at from time to time. But, out of spite, he had decided that he wasn't going to be of much help. It just didn't make sense to assist Vera in proving him wrong.

"It'll be loads faster if you just ask if there's one," the blond suggested. Not that he was in a rush or anything. If there was a Veela to be seen, then finding it sooner meant more time for gawking. If there wasn't one, then they could spend their time looking for other things. "But pretty sure we're just wasting our time. My dad would've mentioned it to me if there was one."
Hearing the question behind her, she turned around and looked at him, a small glare settling on her face as her arms crossed over her chest. "I'm looking. You could help, you know? You've got like 5 inches on me now that you had a growth spurt, or whatever. I can hardly see the ones allllll the way up!" Her 5 foot frame could only see so far.

She looked again back towards a few of the closer portraits, before gesturing towards them. "Please, go ahead. I'm sure they'd love to talk to you." Talking to the portraits was actually not high on her list of things to do, even if she did have questions she wanted answers to, outside of the current task. The portraits intimidated her a little bit - particularly when rumors had circulated that some could be really quite mean. She was more emotional and would not accidentally stumble on a nasty one and cry in front of Logan, okay? "I admit your parents are probably some of the most knowledgable around, but do you really think they could have seen everything around the castle? It is SO big it seems like things will always be missed!"

Though, perhaps veela pictures were something most teenage boys would prioritize. She didn't really know as she, thankfully, did not have the mind of a teenage boy. "Besides, why the hurry? Do you actually have plans today?"

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Old 01-21-2023, 10:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Zoe

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

The glare was noticed, and Logan really had to put in a lot of effort to not let the smirk that was tugging on his lips show. It was clear that she was annoyed, and she even made it a point to comment on his height. "While I would just love to help, I dunno ... helping seems counterproductive in this situation."

But, to keep her head from exploding, he did let those blue eyes of his look up at the portraits that were hanging higher up on the wall. A snort did sound when she suggested that he talk with the portraits. "Oh, I know they love talking to me. Just ask the Fat Lady. She's smitten with me. Can't blame her though," he replied as he ran a hand through his hair and intentionally smoldered.

Vera did have a point about the castle being big and everything. It was something that he agreed with, though he wasn't going to be saying that out loud any time soon. "Well, Dad was a Prefect and both Mum and Dad were Head Girl and Head Boy back in the day. They've patrolled this castle many times and were bound to have seen basically everything there is to see. ... And there's no hurry. Though I do have a date with a mermaid portrait later."

Yes, he was aware that portrait existed in the school. Did he know where it was though? Certainly not. His dad had withheld that bit of information.

Old 01-21-2023, 10:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

Had she mentioned lately that Logan Paton and his smirk, even if attempting to stay hidden, was infuriating?[B] "Is it really counter productive when we confirm I[/i] am right, like I know I am, when you're the one that benefits?" A veela portrait wasn't anything that actually interested her. She just wanted to right. Even though she was very much feeling like she wasn't. "You're never right." It was an absurd statement but.. she would stand by it.

She continued to glare until he did in fact start looking up, and then the smallest glimmer of a smile crossed her face as her attention also turned back towards the wall. She moved a little more towards the left and did a small hop into the air to see even higher up - hoping she didn't disturb any of the sleeping portraits in the process. "The Fat Lady is smitten with anyone that will stop and actually have a conversation with her. I think she gets lonely." Especially considering even if she saw SO many students every day, it was only to speak the password or to shout a hurried bye. At least... it was usually that. She had glanced back at him again, only to then look away again. She would not be caught in the smolder.

Okay well... the leadership roles may have meant they saw a lot more of the castle than the average student, but she was sure Hogwarts still kept some of it's secrets from every student. "Well.. that's true but still, it's SO big." It was a lame argument she'd already made, but she didn't know what else to say. But as for his plans for the rest of the day? Cue a large dramatic eye roll, which she had already established was actually her super power. Now that she didn't have rainbow touch anyways. "It would be only a portrait you could get to go on a date with you." She commented, poking her tongue out at him before another thought occurred. "Isn't that in Prefect's bathroom? Can you even get in there?"

Old 01-21-2023, 11:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Zoe

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8

Logan rolled his eyes at the comment about Vera being right, almost as if he were mimicking her trademark eye roll that he was accustomed to receiving on a nearly daily basis. "First of all, you're not right. But, hypothetically, if there was a Veela picture around here -- which there isn't -- who's saying you wouldn't benefit as well, hmm? A pretty creature is a pretty creature. It's something everyone can appreciate. And I am right a lot of the time. Your head is just too big to accept it."

Her glimmer of a smile went unnoticed as he had, out of the kindness of his heart, been looking at portraits. The hop did catch his attention and he couldn't help but look away, just in time to hear Vera's thoughts about the Fat Lady. "Aww. Sounds like you and her have a lot in common." That charming smirk of his was very much present now.

The smirk remained. So he was right about things. Being the bigger person, he didn't comment on that. The smirk would say it all, he was sure. The smirk did waver after the next comment that came out of Vera's mouth, but he did chuckle nonetheless. "Better than the troll you'd end up going on a date with."

Dating ... the tongue sticking out ... Logan's thoughts were scatterbrained at this point, so the mention of the Prefects' bathroom was welcomed. So that was where the mermaid portrait was? Noted. "It sure is. And of course. Where there's a will, there's a way."

Old 01-21-2023, 11:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

The Gryffindor before her being one of the top receivers of her eyerolls was something she could have at least agreed with him on. Though she also would have commented that she did it MUCH better than he did. There just was not the same enthusiasm. So seeing him do it once, almost made her want to eyeroll again just to show how a master did it. But... she refrained. Shockingly. "I am right, thank you, so we can throw that 'hypothetically' off the staircase." Which she mimed doing right now. "I mean, you do have a point but I'd rather spend time looking at pretty people that actually exist outside of a frame." Which also existed, if he didn't know. She didn't even bother to try to repress the snort, an eyebrow shooting up. "Oh really? If you can give me actual evidence of these apparent times you were right, maybe I'll consider conceding." But she'd mainly hope he was not as persistent as herself and would just... forget about whatever he said that she disagreed with.

It was a good thing Logan was so good at patting his own back. She'd hate to see that ego of his go completely deflated. She was just getting ready for another hop, glad she had had the forethought to go with leggings today instead of a skirt, when she STOPPED hearing his comment. "I'll have you know tons of people enjoy my company! Even a couple boys. I imagine I'll be the first of the group to be in a relationship, thank you." That was a big stretch. Yes, she had spent some time with a lot of their fellow third years but... saying they enjoyed her company, outside of those who willingly called her 'friend', was probably a stretch. They tolerated her company, at best. And probably for Vasco's sake, probably much like Logan if she were really to admit it.

The smirk DID in fact say it all, and she couldn't help eyerolling again. See? Logan really was the lucky recipient! She actually noticed the slight waver, and nearly felt bad, but considering his next words were that she could only get a troll the guilt instantly dissipated. "HMPH." She would have liked to make some elaborate lie about how she already had a date, but considering her options for trying to pull that off were extremely limited, and would all result in the same headache, the unsatisfactory 'hmph' was all she could settle for. "You'll be surprised later I'm sure when I meet someone insanely gorgeous."

She had clearly lost that part of the argument. So she was also all too pleased to focus too on the Prefect's bathroom now, AND the fact he supposedly knew how to get into it. Chasing away all the previous conversation, because it left sour taste in her mouth, she focused instead on this bit of information. "Wait! Can you show me how then? I hear the bath is massive."

Old 01-22-2023, 12:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
Zoe

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8

"You're definitely not right. Show me that Veela first, then I'll shout from the top of the Astronomy Tower that you, Vera Brinley Thanatos, are right and I am a big idiot." He normally would have shaken on that, but he wasn't going to make such deals with Vera because: "We both know that I'm right in this scenario though. But, by all means, we can keep looking. Whatever to not deflate your delicate ego. Though, if looking for pretty people is what you'd rather do, then look no further: I am here." Another smolder happened. "And feel free to do another eye roll. We know that's your defense mechanism."

There was yet another moment he'd remember for later use. He had a point. Again. "Just in the time we've been here, you said a few times I had a point. Means I'm at least right about some things." He shrugged. It really wasn't necessary for him to recall every moment that he was right. They honestly would be standing there all day, which he assumed she didn't want to do. Or did she?

As she continued talking, Logan was only half listening. "Sure, Vera, sure," he muttered as he took a few steps away to look at some different portraits down the corridor. Still no Veela, by the way. "I'm glad that you are trying to manifest all of that and put it into the world. I just hope you aren't an old hag by the time it actually happens."

Her sudden interest in the Prefects' bathroom was intriguing. "Well, it's password-protected." That was an assumption on his part since most things at the school required a password. "And why do you wanna go in there anyway? To go for a dip and admire the mermaid? Could just do down to the lake and see the real thing."

Old 01-22-2023, 12:57 AM   #10 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

Even if he was only saying what he would do if she actually could provide evidence of her own claims, Vera still couldn't help the smile that stretched across her face. "I do like the sound of that." And was also surprised he remembered her middle name, but she was pretty sure there was a phase where she full named herself all the time. "We do not." And she was actually a little genuine in that statement. There had to be one somewhere. Maybe this was something she should ask a Ravenclaw. She was nearly going to eyeroll again, except the call out had her forcing herself to not, as instead her tiny frame moved closer to him and poked him in the chest. "We need to find that portrait urgently. Your ego really could do with being taken down a peg."

... he a little bit had her there, but she still wasn't one to just admit defeat. Even if it meant arguing around in circles and undermining her own points. Sometimes just exhausting the other person in a debate was the best way of emerging the victor. And if there was anything she excelled at, it was being exhausting. "Sure I've said that, but I also still had rebuttals meaning you weren't entirely right. Partial rights don't count." That was a question she didn't actually have a straight answer too, so she would have been relieved it was not asked.

Oh how she wanted to stamp her foot and temper tantrum because now he wasn't even listening. But instead, she just let him move the other direction, while she took some additional steps the opposite way eyes trained back at the wall again. This would be so much easier if there were better plaques. "I'm sure even when I'm old I'll still be pretty enough to turn heads. My genetics are good." She'd seen the pictures of her Mama, and Renner Thanatos was nothing to turn one's nose up at.

Why would she want to go see the Mermaid thing? Like he said, they could see the real thing in the lake so if THAT was her goal, she'd much rather go down to the Slytherin dorms. "Sia and I could use the giant bath. I'm sure it's much more comfortable than the common areas." Because size, clearly.

Old 01-22-2023, 01:41 AM   #11 (permalink)
Zoe

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8

She liked the sound of him climbing up the Astronomy Tower and boasting her name in praise? "Of course you do. Fortunately, I'll never have to do such a thing." Because he was right and she was wrong. But if she didn't want to accept that, they could carry on. After all, he was avoiding homework. Yes, that certainly was why he was here in the first place. "My ego is just fine, thank you very much. You seem to enjoy it anyway. You wouldn't have bothered asking me to go on this portrait hunt with you otherwise."

Logan too could be exhausting. He had loads of practice exhausting his three other sisters, which was probably why he probably had more tolerance for Vera's tactics than others did. He was used to playing the long game, and he was too stubborn to give up easily. "Your rebuttals were barely that. It's just your way of not admitting someone other than yourself was right." He would know.

He rolled his eyes (obviously not as well as Vera, but it was the effort that counted) and smirked yet again at her. "Turning heads while your victims are under the effects of Love Potion or the Imperius Curse doesn't count." The boy had no comment about her having good genetics. He chose to stay silent about that, carrying on with the pointless task of looking for any signs of Veela in the paintings.

The retort about her and Sia needing a bigger bath was something he couldn't argue with. He personally had no problems with the size of the common areas, but he knew girls were weird. "Fair enough. Though I can't imagine it'd be any more comfortable. I'm sure Moaning Myrtle haunts that bath too."

Old 01-22-2023, 02:58 AM   #12 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

"Never say never, Loogie. Though I will love making you eat those words later." She grinned at him, so pleased by the imagery her head was now playing on loop that she wasn't even bothered by his extra insinuation that she'd brought him along for the mere sake of his company. He was starting to sound like Vasco, did he know? "I like any opportunity to try to bring you down a peg, I will admit that. Besides, you can't tell me that an afternoon of homework sounds anymore fun than a stretch around the castle with my charming company." She framed her face at that, batting her eyes a couple times at him. This statement was obviously not saying much - they were Gryffindors, adventure was always better.

With their similarities, sometimes Vera wondered if they would have been friends or continued to be at each other's throats if it weren't for the fact they'd met through his friendship with Vasco. Her brothers friends, by extension, had to be annoying when they were in primary. But they weren't really IN primary now. So it was just a curious thought if anything would have been different. But for reasons, she also didn't spend too much time contemplating that. "As if you have an easy time not arguing to protect your ego either." She responded.

She could at least applaud his efforts. "I should slip you a love potion so you'd forever have to live with the fact YOU had feelings." It was all she could think to say, and again it was pathetic. But she couldn't just let well enough alone and shush her mouth. A pity sometimes, even she could admit.

"Don't hate on Myrtle. Ghosts are COOL and maybe she just needs a party sometimes too." So yes, if Myrtle WAS in the Prefects bath with them (assuming they ever found it and snuck in) she would be an entirely welcome addition. Vera could be NICE and inclusive, thank you.

Old 01-22-2023, 03:36 AM   #13 (permalink)
Zoe

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8

Another chuckle left his mouth. "You'll only get to experience that in your daydreams, Vera." Like she was right now. "Don't hold your breath on it actually happening." Sure, he said he would do that if a Veela portrait was presented to him, but no Unbreakable Vow had been made that would force him to go through with it. Not even a handshake agreeing to such a thing had been made.

Funny how wanting to knock each other down a peg was a mutual thing. That, as well as Vasco and annoying each other, seemed to have been the foundation of their friendship. That was known without anything needing to be said. And he did agree with her about wandering around the castle being better than homework. The batting of the eyes though ... was weird. It made his stomach churn. Was he hungry? "Charming? Merlin. Have you been Confunded?" he asked in jest, pushing that feeling away. "Hey, I can admit to when you're right. I've done it before. This just happens to be one of those instances" -- one of many, really -- "that I am right."

"And even if you were to slip me Love Potion, I'd at least know that those feelings were not truly mine after it wore off. The fact that you're even considering doing that makes it seem like you want me to have feelings for you." Again, that feeling in his stomach happened. Oh! Look at that portrait! She certainly was no Veela, but the chick seemed pretty cool.

But you know who wasn't cool? Moaning Myrtle. "Of course you and Moaning Myrtle are besties," he scoffed. "And I can hate on her if I want. It's creepy that she appears sometimes when I'm in the loo. If she wasn't so much of a creep, then maybe I'd feel differently." It was one thing for Peeves to bunny-fy him last term, but something else entirely to hear Myrtle's giggling and wailing while he wanted to take care of his business in peace.

Last edited by Zoe; 01-22-2023 at 03:46 AM.
Old 01-22-2023, 04:07 AM   #14 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

"We'll see, Loogie." See now that he'd said it, naturally it was becoming a goal. A goal that she would have four years still to complete. She had her own ways of persuasion, but that would still require her being right. And the more she was staring at this wall, the less she was feeling correct. Not that she was going to admit that particular fact.

Maybe that was the only way they knew how to have friendship anyways, even if they didn't have Vasco. At least it still seemed easy enough then to be around each other, though she supposed other than them being house mates there probably actually wasn't too much reason for that. At least without Vas. And maybe Sia too. "I am very charming, I'll have you know!" Granted it was only Papa who told her that but she believed him. "Hmph." Was that becoming her second favorite response to Logan? It seemed like maybe so.

Sooo she'd never been under a Love Potion, but she wasn't sure if that was right. "Don't you not know until like after?" You know what this seemed like a good time for?? Another eye roll! "Only so then every time you try to tell anyone I'm dreadful I would have that as support that maybe you don't actually think I am." Logan actually having feelings for her would be probably problematic, so she wasn't going to dwell on that thought. Following his eyes up to a portrait, she squinted at it. "Maybe that one!" Maybe not a huge blood percentage but y'know. It counted!

"Alright well.... I don't have that experience, so fine hate if you want." That did sound mildly horrifying. One should never be bothered while they were in a restroom.

Old 01-22-2023, 05:47 AM   #15 (permalink)
Zoe

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8

We'll see, Loogie. The words rattled in his brain, causing him to roll his eyes at her. He would wish her the best in such an endeavor, but he knew who the victor would be in this scenario. There would be no shouting from the Astronomy Tower for him. Or rather he wouldn't be up there screaming that Vera was right. No, he'd likely be up there shouting for different reasons.

"Hmph." Two could play that game, see? "Your species of troll must be evolving if you can claim to have even an ounce of charm," he told her, feigning applause as he looked away from a different portrait. "Besides, what is charming seems to be very subjective these days. Though I think, deep down, we all can objectively agree that I am quite the charmer." His personality was charming (Mum said so many times before, but she also had called him a little monster once... but that part didn't matter). He also had an O in Charms too, which was totally unrelated but a fact he was ready to point out if he wanted to spin his words in a cheeky way.

Logan blinked those bright blue eyes at her. Did she not hear him right? She must've still been in La La Land, basking in an imaginary him saying she was right. "That's what I said. Fake lovey feelings. Would know after the potion wore off. Either way, it seems like a lot of work for something no one would actually believe." He laughed. Lovey-dovey feelings. For Vera. Gross.

"Nah. I think she's just a normal witch." He gave the portrait another look over, only to shrug. "She's pretty, but she doesn't have that Veela charm, you know?" Did Veela charm even work in portrait form? Hmm.

As for their conversation about Myrtle, it was nice that his housemate was dropping the whole don't-hate-on-Myrtle thing. One simply could not be empathetic if they hadn't gone through a similar experience. "Consider yourself lucky to have never experienced such a thing."

Old 01-22-2023, 03:31 PM   #16 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

Maybe the fact that she could also cause others to roll THEIR eyes so often should also be part of her superpower. Should she have a superhero name to go along with this? Probably not, because everything she considered sounded horrible. So she'd have to table that for another time. In response to his eye roll though, she did just give another childish poking of her tongue out, a cheeky smile still on her face.

"Considering how boastful you are, I always assumed trolls already could have an inflated sense of self." The part about subjective charm might serve a purpose later, considering she supposed he wasn't entirely wrong, not that she needed to give him any further ammunition in that regard. She filed away the knowledge for later when she actually wanted a specific someone to think her charming. She snorted softly and raised an eyebrow. "Really? You? I certainly don't see it."

Oh... well she had missed that. And her cheeks turned a litttttle red at that, but she was powering through it and ignoring. "I don't know that anyone wouldn't believe it." Considering she felt like someone already did think they had a mutual feelings thing or whatever, but she was instantly uncomfortable that she'd said that out loud anyways because it was not something she wanted to talk about. So instead she just played it off. "I mean, I'm so pretty and sweet who wouldn't have feelings for me?" She did an exaggerated hair toss over her shoulder.

She stared at the portrait some more, maybe paying a little more attention to the features now that he'd clarified it was 'pretty' and wondering what exactly made him specifically think that. Except she didn't really care what Logan's tastes were, so while she almost asked, she ultimately did not. "So you don't feel tongue tied you mean?"

Old 01-24-2023, 04:19 AM   #17 (permalink)
Zoe

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8

How boastful he was? There definitely was no way he could stop himself from laughing at that comment. "Takes one to know one, I guess." Tomayto, tomahto. Pot calling the kettle black. As for the inflated sense of self, he liked to think of that as confidence. He had a lot of that. Too much, to be perfectly honest.

It was tempting to roll his eyes again, though he resisted the urge. The blond had been doing that too much today. He did, however, have words of wisdom for Vera in regard to his delightful self. "Maybe you'd notice how charming I actually am if you weren't so busy looking for a portrait that doesn't exist." That certainly was not an invitation for her to pay more attention to him. All he was saying was that 1) he was charming and 2) she was wrong about that Veela painting.

Fortunately for her, he had looked away to continue examining that not-Veela portrait. The slight change in cheek colour went totally unnoticed. His gaze did return to her as a result of her next set of comments, the hair toss being taken in. One of his eyebrows rose, a fit of laughter being suppressed. "Anyone who'd think that" -- both of those things she had said -- "needs to immediately check into the loony bin at St. Mungo's."

With that said, back to the portrait he looked. Yes, she was pretty. But he could confirm that she was no Veela. "Yep, definitely not tongue-tied." He shrugged to emphasize that he wasn't smitten and moved on to the next set of portraits down the line.

Old 01-26-2023, 05:27 AM   #18 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

Well... here was an area that she supposed she could admit she was nearly as bad as him, if not the same amount. Nearly sounded better - this could be a category in which she would happily let Logan have first place. You're welcome, Paton. "I suppose a small similarity might exist on this part." Small, okay.

His words brought out a laugh from her, her hand coming up to her mouth to stifle it a bit. "Loogie, you do realize we spend a good deal amount of time in the same vicinity not doing this task right? I still think you're delusional." Maybe, just maaaaaybe, he had his moments. She did not hear anything close to an invitation, she doubted he wanted to spend anymore time with her really either. The time that they did was probably just a stand in for her twin, considering they were all separated from him. Something she was slowly beginning to feel more frustrated with. She really, really hoped Scoot was going to be a Gryffindor next year.

If she came back, though that was a thought/plan she had not put too much time into as of yet. Better to get by on smaller plans first because she was pretty sure there would be no Ravenclaw help on that one. But she was digressing.

His laughter was very much noted, which thankfully brought her to the now as she'd realized she'd been staring particularly long at a gent in a portrait who was very clearly not veela. Her hands went to her hips as she turned her body towards him, mock frowning. "Rude! Watch, one of these days i'll certainly prove it to you!" She absolutely was determined to be the first one of the group with a boyfriend or girlfriend. That would show him! But... probably a problem for next year. Or later. Just as long as it happened FIRST.

.... Alright, she was curious enough to ask. Even if she really hadn't wanted to be. "So what even does make guys classify someone as pretty? I mean... I think they all seem to have their own merits." She remarked, gesturing at the wall as she continued back the other direction from him.

Old 01-28-2023, 04:46 PM   #19 (permalink)
Zoe

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8

A small similarity? His brow rose again, the tiniest hint of a smug look wanting to reveal itself on Logan's face. After all, Vera did, in her own way, admit that he was right about things sometimes. However, the boy was going to silently relish in what he considered to be a victory.

She did have a point about how often they happened to be around each other. That was something he certainly could not disagree with. With the two of them being in the same House, her twin brother being his best friend, them sharing classes and meals together, they really were used to seeing each other on a frequent basis. Surely, then, she would be fully aware that he was, without a doubt, charming.

But if he was delusional, well, he could play that role rather easily. "Oh. That was you I've been around? Huh. Thought it was someone else..."

The blond third-year wanted to laugh at her persistence, but that was another thing he stifled. Instead, all he had to say was: "One of these days, maybe. I'll believe it when I see it." Though he was no Seer, he was having a hard time envisioning it. In his mind, there were a rare few who could put up with everything that was Vera Thanatos.

He wasn't really interested in the portraits within his view now. Landscapes, creatures, old witches and wizards, it seemed like this section of wall was a dud. When Vera asked her question, he heard it loud and clear. It did stun him briefly. But she really wanted to know... "Depends on the guy, really. Some like looks -- pretty eyes, well-kept hair, nice smell, flashy clothes, healthy and fit. Others like personality -- intelligence, confidence, sense of humour, good listener, touch of mystery. Some like a mix." As for what his preferences were, that thankfully hadn't been the question.

Last edited by Zoe; 01-28-2023 at 04:51 PM.
Old 01-28-2023, 06:36 PM   #20 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

She saw that smug look and she was choosing to ignore it for the time being. She'd rather not think too hard about why he might be looking like that anyways, because she did not want to realize what she had said with her own mouth. Or... insinuated at the very least.

At wand point she might be able to admit Logan had his merits, like for one that he was equally as willing to waste an afternoon doing something meaningless for the sake of ignoring homework - even if either would play it off as an ego thing. Or his willingness to look for trouble too whenever Vasco wasn't available, like their prior attempts to the Forest. But... charming? Nope, she'd still say that wasn't a thing. And she'd not think too hard on if she actually meant it or not. You know what that comment earned? An easy enough guess - an eyeroll. "As if I could be ever confused for someone else." Another hair toss at this. She was one of kind, okay. Even if she was technically one of a half.

... she was a lot, that was inarguable. But there were still some that seemed to like her company! Though at 13 and 14 she was sure that was not out of romantic interest. One day though! And then Logan would see. HMPH.

She was just as stunned that he even answered, and seemingly gave a genuine one of that. She continued to stare at a landscape photo as she ticked off the attributes he listed. Well.... there were a few of those that she most definitely was missing. Though, she DID suppose she had nice eyes and hair, and she did have a new perfume that she liked the smell of... and clothes she was TRYING. Intelligence? Good listener? Touch of mystery? She was a lost cause on these points. "...Ah. And how can you tell what 'type of guy' likes what?" Was she just supposed to ask everyone?

Old 01-29-2023, 09:49 PM   #21 (permalink)
Always the Tone of Surprise
Streeler

Tell Them I'm Trapped in an Oil Painting

One Elizabeth Burke was peacefully snoozing in her frame until the mindless chatter of students jerked her awake. What does a poor portrait have to do to get a minute’s rest around here?! Her nose wrinkled at the sight of the two students. Ugh, Gryffindors! Probably not even purebloods.

“Hmph! Who’s there?” she snorted, now fully awake and fully annoyed. “What do you two want?”
Old 02-04-2023, 02:53 AM   #22 (permalink)
Zoe

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8

Another eyeroll from Vera was noted. If he got a Galleon every time he witnessed her do that, his family's vault in Gringott's would be so full that they'd need to request another.

That smug look of his remained for a moment longer. "That was sarcasm. But, sure, confusing you for someone else would be difficult," Logan told her, not really thinking first about what he was saying as he continued to scout out the portraits. He blinked. Err, that didn't sound right. He continued talking, "Though, to be honest, you could be confused with a troll pretty easily. Put on a tutu and I'd think you escaped the Barnabas the Barmy tapestry."

Look at her, learning so much from him. He thought the conversation would have ended there, so he was again a bit surprised that she had asked another boy question. "Can't say I have needed to know how to tell what a guy likes," he responded cheekily with a smirk. His words did not stop there, however; he did have actual things to say. "Though I'spose it comes in the form of compliments. Or the guy shows he likes you if he --"

What Logan had to say only Merlin would know at this point. The interruption of an arrogant-sounding portrait had fully captured his attention.

"We're searching for portraits with pretty faces," the blond told the red-haired portrait lady, completely unaware of who she was. All he knew was that he didn't like her tone, which resulted in him making a little addition to his response to her. "Still have yet to find one in this section of the wall."

Old 02-04-2023, 05:55 AM   #23 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

Truthfully, she'd even take a knut for every time she rolled her eyes - because even she was aware how often she did it. But in her defense, she would have pointed out that it was everyone else's fault that she had to roll her eyes so often. It's not like she just did it for fun.

An eyebrow raise at him at that, surprised he even had agreed. Which she would have commented but then he was adding more which seemed much more in line with the type of response she would have expected from Logan - though she refrained from an additional eyeroll at him this time. "You really are obsessed with that tapestry. It really must be because of the kinship you feel with it." His people, but not like... his actual people considering she did happen to like Hady and Bryony a fair bit. Logan must have been adopted if one did not consider how much he looked like his dad.

His response actually got a giggle from her, her thin shoulders raising up and down in a quick shrug. "I don't know your tastes." Nor was it any of her business to know, considering that was not really the reason she'd asked anyways. She just thought he might have some perspective that she certainly couldn't. And no way would she ever ask Vasco. She was listening quite intently, curious how a guy could show he was interested when they were interrupted by one of the portraits, which surprised her so much by actually responding she gave a little squeak and a jump.

Portraits. They were a little bit creepy to her, okay? Even if they perhaps shouldn't have been. Unconsciously, she walked a little bit closer towards Logan - clearly just so it was easier to talk to the portrait who had addressed them. "Oh, um... hello!" She replied, trying to paste a smile on her face and trying to be far more friendly than her housemate currently was. "Do you happen to know if there is anyone on this wall with veela ancestry?" She had to shoot her shot, right?

Old 02-05-2023, 08:14 PM   #24 (permalink)
Always the Tone of Surprise
Streeler

Tell Them I'm Trapped in an Oil Painting

If Elizabeth Burke was annoyed before, now she was absolutely LIVID! It was high time that boy learned some manners. Her eyes narrowed, and her nose wrinkled as if there were a sack of dragon dung beneath it. “How dare you speak to me that way, boy?” she snapped. “Don’t you know who I am?!”

Why in Merlin’s beard would she know anyone with Veela ancestry? FIlthy half-breeds, the lot of them! Not much better than muggles. As idiotic as that question was, Elizabeth would give the girl credit where it was due. She was at least more respectful than her… companion. “No,” she replied. “I don’t associate with those of impure blood. You’d be wise to do the same.” Consider that her friendly advice.
Old 02-08-2023, 01:41 AM   #25 (permalink)
Zoe

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8

He could certainly agree with people; as much as he didn't want to admit it, Logan was aware that he didn't know everything. However, this wasn't the case with Vera. He made it a point to make sure he was always right, mainly out of stubbornness than anything. Or if she did manage to say something he couldn't disagree with, there were the little jabs to counter that. That was a sign of friendship, right?

The urge to roll his eyes in response to the kinship with the Barnabas tapestry was tempting, though he too refrained. There would be less satisfaction from the fellow Gryffindor that way. "Definitely no kinship there. Just wanting to be familiar with my friend's background." Of course, she was not an actual troll despite the argument that he could make. By default that would mean Vasco was one, which he certainly was not. Perhaps the secret was that she was the one who had actually been adopted.

And not knowing his tastes would stay that way. Her being aware would just be ... weird. There was only one Thanatos who would be privy to that information. Such things were shared now that certain girls were pretty and everything.

When Vera squeaked and jump, Logan snickered. There was no mistaking what she had done, and there was no way he could stop himself from laughing a little. It was just a portrait, not a boggart. Didn't she see how much fun it was to mess with some of the portraits? They made it too easy sometimes.

"Haven't the foggiest who you are," he told the portrait with a disinterested shrug. Should he know of her? All he needed to know about her was that her personality matched with her looks. "I don't think she's going to be of any help, Vera. Ginger here is grumpy because her nap was interrupted."